[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 50 KB, 613x771, KurokStirner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21684375 No.21684375 [Reply] [Original]

Is there any relation between modernity and hyper-individualistic mindset? What I mean by hyper-individualistic mindset is the prevalence of a cocktail of loose ideas such as "live and let live" attitude and a growing ethics of "leaving things that are out of one's control (which is none than other individuals)"

>> No.21684381

>>21684375
Its actually pretty sad to be a communist - especially in the West. You are going to pretty much die alone without any friends, family who loves you, and you will never accomplish anything of value so you will die forgotten.

>> No.21684383

>>21684375
Yes. Enlightenment values and the liberal democracy that comes from it.

>> No.21684385
File: 154 KB, 377x398, unknown (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21684375
Premodern people's existential struggle:
>I must work or I will starve in the winter
Modern people's existential struggle:
>Is my family/friends/career fulfilling?
It's easier to worry about the "meaning" of things (or lack thereof) when you don't have to expend your energy primarily on not dying

>> No.21684404

>>21684375
>Is there any relation between modernity and hyper-individualistic mindset?
you could've glanced at Max Weber's Wikipedia page instead of making embarrassing threads on 4chan

>> No.21684407

>>21684385
The latter just shows the intersubjective nature of human beings. Highlighting the former as if they don't concern themselves with the opinions of their communities, church and whatnot is highly misleading.

>> No.21684419 [DELETED] 

>>21684385
This is such a fucking piece of shit subhuman view — excuse my French (actually, I don’t give a fuck or not whether you excuse my cursing, because fuck you and you deserve to die painfully). It’s like saying:

>Rwandan genocide victim’s dilemma: “AHHHHHHHH IT HURTS SO BAD I’M BEING TORTURED TO DEATH, BURNED ALIVE AND HAVING BITS OF MY FLESH AND MY INTERNAL ORGANS EATEN IN FRONT OF ME WHILE I’M STILL CONSCIOUSNESS”
>other people’s problems: [not as bad as this]
>”basically you deserve to be a Rwandan genocide victim and this is good because it would toughen you up”

>> No.21684439

>>21684375
COULD IT BE THE VALUE FORM INDIVIDUATING SOCIAL PRODUCTION DUE TO ITS FORMAL LEGAL INDIVIDUALITY?

nah it’ll be sumetheng superstructural.

>> No.21684541

>>21684375
>Is there any relation between modernity and hyper-individualistic mindset?
None. People have never been more hivemindish.

>> No.21684643

>>21684541
Hivemindish about how everyone are individuals which one cannot impose control upon...

>> No.21685029

>>21684375
Read Decline of the West

>> No.21686214

>>21684643
If everyone is an "individualist", then no one is. Its like all the kids that shop at Hot Topic.

>> No.21686256
File: 248 KB, 500x498, tumblr_paxd12m3wA1vpokwio1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What is the argument against having the family as the smallest social, economic and political unit? The family is define here as a man and woman joined togetner, with 2 or more children of their own blood, in a home they own. That this low standard would be required to hace any say in public affairs, from owning a business to casting a vote.

The individual is worthless in the larger picture, despite what Christian theology teaches us. This is why the Right has never achieved anything lasting or worthwhile. They are the real useful idiots for the globalists.
Because the glovbalists have demonized the only method of change, mass collective action, the Right-Wing have entirely forgone any ability to affect change and instead wail inpotently at the Left who have advanced their agenda so far we now have a Western wide movement that believes it is okay to have child drag shows and men be women.

The Right will insist that living a good life, living by their example, by focusing on themselves and the virtues they hold dear people will gradually see the light and join them. It won't happen.

>> No.21686316

>>21684375
No, actually, no. Man used to be quite solitary until politics were invented

>> No.21686395

>>21684643
They are far better able to control you when you are all an individual, there is nothing at all unique or different about you. You are all of you the same as the rest.

>>21686316
Either you're a liar or an idiot. Man was entirely communal, we are decended from an aninals that formed complex social hierarchies. If we were meant to be loners incels would be amongst the most content of people.

>> No.21686712

>>21686395
I think it shows how everything is contradictory true. This is indeed a unique phenomenon. A humongous mass of people dogmatically enforcing the values of individualism while the ones advocating seeing reality on collective lens become the "individual" par excellence. Hegel couldn't be more right. We are enslaved by the demon called contradiction...

>> No.21686749

How can anyone think today's society is individualistic? It is simply an illusion. Even dumb things like the tv series you watch, are driven by collectivists.

>> No.21686826

>>21686749
Collectively individuals

>> No.21686857

>>21686749
>everyone is free to do whatever they want as long as there is no harm for other individuals
>this is definitely the most 'progressive' stance to ward off 'backward' tradition
>meddling into other individual's affairs is backwards
>having a community is backwards
>cheating should not be viewed as immoral or else you're a backward communitarian with your outdated "moral values"
>implicit pantheism
Even self help stuff like stoicism is simply an obverse reflection of this trend. If you can't see the underlying ideology behind all of these people, then you're simply blind.