[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.67 MB, 2037x2355, Mikalojus_Konstantinas_Ciurlionis_-_THE_SUN_IS_PASSING_THE_SIGN_OF_SAGITTARIUS_-_1906_-_7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20814717 No.20814717 [Reply] [Original]

Hey lads, I've just started burning through Nietzche but am unsure where I should be going after Zarathustra. Does anybody have a decent Booklist like that one Evola pic or otherwise just advices on where to go for whatever direction? If chronological, what to skip? I took a quick look online and all I could find were shitty top 5 articles. thanx in advance anon

>> No.20814722
File: 3.42 MB, 5000x3827, Julius Evola Reading Guide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20814717
Picrel is the Evola one mentioned. Anyone seen Nietzsche in similar style or equivalent detail?

>> No.20814772

>>20814722
What is this autism. Just go chronological.

>> No.20814862

>>20814772
most people won't even survive the birth of tragedy, nonetheless the untimely meditations.

OP, some of the most 'classic' Nietzsche works are the gay science, the genealogy of morals, beyond good and evil, and twilight of the idols. the birth of tragedy is up there, too

almost nobody reads the untimely meditations, human all too human, the dawn, ecce homo etc. if you want your standard nietzsche any of the books above is fine, and order really doesn't matter that much. pick whichever you think has the coolest title and go from there.

>> No.20814920

>>20814717
I read him in this order:

Birth of Tragedy
Twilight of the Idols
Antichrist
Beyond Good and Evil
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Gay science
Ecce Homo
On the Geneology of Morals
Will to Power

I haven't read everything from him, but yeah. Just make sure to reread Thus Spoke Zarathustra every year and you'll get there

>> No.20816306

>>20814717
Genealogy of morals
Beyond good and evil
Twilight of the idols
Antichrist
Gay science
Zarathustra

>> No.20816858
File: 345 KB, 500x500, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you've read Zarathustra and did your best to understand as much as you can and get the most out of it, i recommend jumping straight into Beyond Good And Evil. According to Nietzsche, this work was written right after because it's supposed to be him exposing the ideas he wrote in a poetic cryptic manner in Zarathustra but this time in his usual style of an aphoristic polemic.

As i said, if you've read TSZ and got the overall idea of it, it shouldn't be too hard for you, but keep in mind tho that it is indeed not an easy book at all nonetheless—you should read slowly and re-read paragraphs again if you failed to grasp them. It is worth it tho. A truly enlightening work like all of Nietzsche's writings.

>> No.20816892

>>20814717
>Hey lads, I've just started burning through Nietzche but am unsure where I should be going after Zarathustra.
Just go chronological

>> No.20817381

The Birth of Tragedy has some really fruitful ideas but is very boring stylistically and uncharacteristic of his later philosophy.

OP, Twilight of the Idols was written by Nietzsche as a short introduction to his work. I'd start there. Genealogy of Morality is his most carefully argued book, and Beyond Good and Evil his most characteristically aphoristic. After those Thus Spake Zarathustra should be comprehensible enough and you can read around from there.