[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 1464x1986, 1627990084918.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20652702 No.20652702 [Reply] [Original]

Why do none of the Nietzschefags here ever bring up the fact that he was a materialist who thought that metaphysics, religion and theology were copes for being weak in real life?

>> No.20652709

do you have a single aphorism to back that up

>> No.20652710

>>20652702
I'm a newfag so I wasn't aware people were being such idiots about this. He literally says that consciousness and agency are fake. Religion and Justice are slave morality copes for the weak.

>> No.20652738

>>20652710
>Religion and Justice are slave morality copes
Correction: religion is:
-a tool for brahmin caste to impose control
-means for warrior caste to train up one's virtues
-a cope for the lower caste rabble not to die out of despair

(see Beyond Good and Evil, #61)

>> No.20652744

>>20652709
>It is necessary to say just whom we regard as our antagonists: theologians and all who have any theological blood in their veins—this is our whole philosophy.... One must have faced that menace at close hand, better still, one must have had experience of it directly and almost succumbed to it, to realize that it is not to be taken lightly (—the alleged free-thinking of our naturalists and physiologists seems to me to be a joke—they have no passion about such things; they have not suffered—). This poisoning goes a great deal further than most people think: I find the arrogant habit of the theologian
among all who regard themselves as “idealists”—among all who, by virtue of a higher
point of departure, claim a right to rise above reality, and to look upon it with suspicion....
>The idealist, like the ecclesiastic, carries all sorts of lofty concepts in his hand (—and not only in his hand!); he launches them with benevolent contempt against “understanding,” “the senses,” “honor,” “good living,” “science”; he sees such things as beneath him, as pernicious and seductive forces, on which “the soul” soars
as a pure thing-in-itself—as if humility, chastity, poverty, in a word, holiness, had not al-
ready done much more damage to life than all imaginable horrors and vices.... The pure soul is a pure lie.... So long as the priest, that professional denier, calumniator and poisoner of life, is accepted as a higher variety of man, there can be no answer to the question, What is truth?
>Truth has already been stood on its head when the obvious attorney of mere emptiness is mistaken for its representative....

>Upon this theological instinct I make war: I find the tracks of it everywhere. Whoever has theological blood in his veins is shifty and dishonourable in all things. The pathetic thing that grows out of this condition is called faith: in other words, closing one’s eyes upon one’s self once for all, to avoid suffering the sight of incurable falsehood. People erect a concept of morality, of virtue, of holiness upon this false view of all things; they ground good conscience upon faulty vision; they argue that no other sort of vision has value any more, once they have made theirs sacrosanct with the names of
“God,” “salvation” and “eternity.”
>Among Germans I am immediately understood when I say that theological blood is the ruin of philosophy. The Protestant pastor is the grandfather of German philosophy; Protestantism itself is its peccatum originale. Definition of Protestantism: hemiplegic paralysis of Christianity—and of reason.... One need only utter the words “Tübingen School” to get an understanding of what German philosophy is at bottom—a very artful form of theology.
>Even the palest of the pale are able to master him—messieurs the metaphysicians,
those albinos of the intellect. They spun their webs around him for so long that finally he was hypnotized, and began to spin himself, and became another metaphysician.

>> No.20652755

>>20652702
Because most people who are into philosophy tend to be physically weak themselves.

>> No.20654489

>>20652702
>Why do none of the Nietzschefags here ever bring up the fact that he was a materialist who thought that metaphysics, religion and theology were copes for being weak in real life?
Because they don't read him.

>> No.20655264

>>20652702
Nietzsche railed against the mechanistic view of the universe. He's just a pretentious faggot whose only true belief was in the superiority of his own opinion. His worldview is incoherent nonsense

>> No.20655559

>>20652702
>he was a materialist
not really

>> No.20655571

>>20652702
Materialism was one of the idols he was trying to destroy.

>> No.20656889

>>20655559
>>20655571
Aphorism to back that up ?

>> No.20656914

>>20656889
sneedch criticizes 'atomistic' materialism as well as scientism
he doesn't entirely discard metaphysics either - he just has an aversion to 'otherworldliness'

if you want his views then read the last section of Will to Power:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/52915/52915-h/52915-h.htm

tl;dr he views the universe as sort of a power plane

>> No.20656924

>>20652702
Materialism is a weakness. Matter is simply not real

>> No.20656960

>>20656914
That book is a forgery made by his sister.

>> No.20656972

>>20656960
you have never read it

>> No.20657000

>>20656972
I can guarantee you I have read more than you. Have you read "The will to power does not exist" by Mazzino Montinari? If you had read it you would not be citing such nonsense.

>> No.20657015

>>20657000
if you want to think that it's fake and gay then that's up to you
pseud take tho

>> No.20657091

>>20652702
But we do. It's one of the best aspects of his philosophy. The individual's philosophy is no more than the expression of the individual's physiology. No philosophy touches upon truth, but upon power instead.

>> No.20657173

>>20652702
Nietzsche said there was no thing-in-itself, how could he be a materialist?