[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 155 KB, 472x162, IMG_20220607_162256.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20489300 No.20489300 [Reply] [Original]

I stopped having time to read for a while but I want to get back into it. I'm 22 and used to read often up until mid-highschool. I used to like fantasy, but less for the world building and more for the interesting ideas and characters. I loved The First Law series, I just read The Road yesterday and loved it. I was thinking about getting into the classics but I'm not sure where to start, there's just so many books out there
>Other books I've liked, in no particular order
The Little Girl Who Was too Fond of Matches
The Things They Carried
LotR
Game of Thrones (only read the first book, was partly into the second before I stopped reading but not sure if it's worth getting back into this series)
American Psycho
Conan the Cimmerian (most of the short stories)
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Gone Girl

>> No.20489322

>>20489300
Start with the Greeks

>> No.20489407

>>20489322
I see you for what you really are: a distraction. A saboteur. You have nothing, are nothing, and create nothing. You enter threads with no purpose or aim other than to indulge your own pitiful taste of chaos and destruction, like a child pulling apart the arms of his action figures because it gives him the slightest sense of power over his own all-encompassing ineptitude. But I know what you are. You will not deter me and I have nothing to lose.