[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 334x506, 1617844589482.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20229635 No.20229635 [Reply] [Original]

>book starts all of its chapters on the right-side page
I love it when this happens, it means that each page will only ever have one chapter on both sides, instead of the occasional page having two chapters. Meaning, I can hold the book by front and end of the isolated chapter(s) that I'm reading instead of holding the covers, helping me imagine that my goal is to finish a "mini-book" that only contains my goal instead of the whole thing or my goal with extra text on the first or last page. Also I can count the physical pages I have remaining and say "I will read X number of pages" without actually meaning "I will read X number of pages but only the first side of the last page" which feels so much more satisfying to fulfill. Its wonderful.

>> No.20229737

>>20229635
I don't get it

>> No.20229750

>>20229737
If a chapter ends on the rightside page, most books will just start the next chapter on the other side of that page, which would be on the left side after you flip. But sometimes a publisher will lead that left side blank or sometimes just by luck all or most of the chapters will start on the right side naturally which is bliss.

>> No.20229771

>>20229750
Oh yeah I see what you mean. I don't like holding it open by both ends either.