[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 6 KB, 193x262, mustascheman .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19999673 No.19999673 [Reply] [Original]

It truly feels like nihilism is the ultimate answer and it pisses me off honestly. I don't want it to be. Any books to change my mind?

>> No.19999685

lol nihilism isn't an "answer" to anything, it's capitulation and surrender to the struggle. the problem of nihilism is the problem of every fucking loser being "educated" and trying to rationalize away the fact that they were dealt losing hands and are losers.

>> No.19999693

>>19999685
What struggle might that be?

>> No.19999700

>>19999693
to create meaning - which isn't merely an intellectual struggle but a struggle of the whole body and its ability to lastingly project its image outwards.

>> No.19999701

>>19999673
Nihilism isn't an answer, it's a problem. There are many answers to it and nobody can tell you which is the right one for you

>> No.19999702

>>19999700
>to create meaning
So it's a futile struggle against what you refuse to admit is true? In otherwords, nihilism lite.

>> No.19999706

>>19999673
Literally Nietzsche you clown

>> No.19999712

>>19999702
No, you fucking loser. Keep reading Nietzsche.

>> No.19999722

>>19999673
>refutation of nihilism
The existence of Truth

>> No.19999724

>>19999722
lol

>> No.19999726

>>19999712
see >>19999702

>> No.19999729
File: 165 KB, 500x571, 1442913935392.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel you and understand you OP.
so let me conceptualize your decent into nihilism.

1. you don't apphrened something like nihilism unless you have been to school or read up on the subject.
2. what usually leads you to nihilism is what you read or learn in school.

so epistemologically you have gained "knowledge" from an intermediary source.
you yourself have come to the conclusion of nihilism when you smell the flowers, or look up at the night sky.
you learn about nihilism becuase you read a bunch of cynics that are doubtful about everything, or are looking to tear something down just to get attention for their amazing mental gymnastics.

developmentally you start out looking to authority for the answers.
so you seek out as much authority as possible to learn from them.
as many religions state
you must seek out a guru.
so in you studies you learn that much of the authorities disagree with each other, and that philosophical posotions seem to be boiled down to personal interest.
then you find that the best authroties are the cynics that begunrdingly talk about their areas of expertise, becuase they have been in it long enough to see problems in the field.

this leads you to believe that all authority is wrong and subjective.
and up until now you have always appealed to authority.
so now you become lost, confused,hopeless.
but this is merely a turning point, the closing of one chapter for another.
now the next chapter you either
1. engage with surrealist, subversive, absurdist thought to cope with the fact that you don't understand and can't make snese of things; but have come to accept it.
2. start you path on your will to power and become an authority yourself-just as cynical doubtful, but cocksure on your own personal choices.

nihilism is a symptoms for "children" who have defined themselves by other things. they gain their identity from materialistic bullshit. so they need to find something new to identify with that lies within themselves.

nihilism is by nature transitory.
to its own self refutation , to what the philosophy even means "nothing is absolute".
nihilism is like the gaps between paragidms.

that point of smoldering ruins that preceeds the rebuilding.

so as a suggestion I say look into
surrealist/absurdit literature
books on anti social personality

nihilism is merely just a philosophical trap to keep your psyche locked in a permanent quantum state.

as you grow older, wiser, and gain phenomenal expierence, I have faith you will grow out of your fascination with nihilism.

>> No.19999736

Probably guenon or evola

>> No.19999738

These threads are useless because 'nihilism' is such an ambiguous word. Everyone just talks past each other. What does it mean? A description of a spiritual state of affairs? An endorsement of a certain attitude toward life? Does it mean mere philosophical scepticism? Moral scepticism? A positive belief in the valuelessness of existence? Does it mean pessimism? Or amoral optimism? When these things are discussed by themselves there isn't half as much of the anger and vitriol as there is when the word 'nihilism' is attached. It's as though the word has some kind of stink, even though no one quite knows what it means

>> No.19999758

>>19999738
nihilism is the intelligent way to calling someone a nazi to end a debate or discussion.

its a metaphilosophical foundation that nothing wht you say, nothing you can justify really matters, becuase truth may not be true, in all cases.
i have come to understand that nihilism is mainly a problem of language, or atleast communication.

psychologically i beleive its a mechanism to distance yourself from "the firmament" to maintain your personal authority and reason to rebel against anything as youth are wont to do.

>> No.19999773

>>19999758
Hmm you're not being specific enough I think. I think you are describing epistemological scepticism, but that is a respectable philosophical position and not necessarily connected with any particular code of ethics. Cicero was one, as were the pious Catholics Bayle and Montaigne. Are there any philosophers you can describe that you think meet your criteria?

>> No.19999775

>>19999673
Nihilism is based and the only road to happiness, anon.

>> No.19999778

>>19999729
What a giant pile of bullshit.
Nihilism is when you look up from your book, whatever it was, and get stuck thinking about how it's made up. All the words are made up. Platonic forms are made up. None of it is real. Only your senses are real. Only the people you can touch and feel are real. Belief doesn't make anything real for anyone but the believer, then they go on and on and on, making up whatever it takes to convert whoever they can, and it's all made up.

I don't believe those words, above. They're intended as a representation of the immutable and unarguable nature of nihilism. It's a paradox, such that it cannot be "refuted" so much as it can be safely disregarded. A nihilist will be one until they aren't one.
>>19999738
Hey, lookie here
>>19999758
You're probably right.
>>19999773
Why bother with any of that? Wing it.

>> No.19999801

>>19999773
Kant talked about the division between the phenomenal and the noumenal.

Wittgenstein at one point, hand waved the entirety of philosophy as a language game.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/how-we-discovered-the-number-zero

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/history-of-zero/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-origin-of-zer/

nihilism is a pragmatic philosophy

>> No.19999802

>>19999775
Explain

>> No.19999846

>>19999673
>ultimate answer
I don't think you understand your terms.

>> No.20000536

>>19999702
If this struggle is futile them everything is futile because nothing has meaning.

>> No.20000575

If you're looking for something that will convince an adult-minded person that life has inherent meaning, you're out of luck.

>> No.20000629
File: 738 KB, 960x881, 1640310413203.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Go back and read Nietzsche, you sound filtered

>> No.20000644

>>19999673
If Nihilism were true, you wouldn't be able to know that Nihilism was the truth. It's viciously circular and self-refuting as any knowledge would be an impossibility. Nihilism has to be ruled out as a justified worldview.

>> No.20000656

>>19999706
Nietzsche just kicks the nihilistic can down the road with a belief in undemonstrated apotheosis as a solution to teleology: looking for secular saints.
Petty godhood can't replace God.

>> No.20000661

>>20000644
Midwit

>> No.20000685

>>20000661
>The only Truth is that there is no Truth
>Except the truth "The only Truth is that there is no Truth"
Here's a free lesson then in sophistry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_pleading

>> No.20000691

>>20000685
I get to use special pleading and be right, that's the exception to the rule.

>> No.20000696
File: 48 KB, 1002x666, 26-clippy.w536.h357.2x.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20000644
>any knowledge would be an impossibility
Perhaps you are making progress.

>> No.20000697

>>20000661
then crown yourself with your own post>>20000661
you deserve the title

>> No.20000706

>>20000696
>continues to make progress
In what? radical skepticism?
How would you even know your making "progress"?

>> No.20000716
File: 119 KB, 233x369, Fr_Seraphim_Rose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age by Seraphim Rose.

>> No.20000719

>>20000706
Do you really believe you have "knowledge" because you use "God" to guarantee your evaluation of things? What knowledge have you of "God" upon which all this other knowledge is supposed to rest? This is what is at stake with Nietzsche's understanding of nihilism. The theist is the actual nihilist, actively denying a world that is known and immanent in favor of something arrived at through sickly dialectical games, whose very existence necessarily negates our own. We become fake so imagination can become real—that is the nihilism of the theologian

>> No.20000805

>>20000685
>>20000697
>it's another "brainlet doesn't understand what nihilism means" episode
Getting tired of those

>> No.20000808

>>20000716
This dude was an absolute clown. He'd browse /lit/ if he were alive today.

>> No.20000828

>>20000719
So what's your account? All came from nothing and leads to nothing? If Reality were a mistake, then what is it an accident of? Nothing? What's Nietzsche's solution to this? To construct a phony god to replace God as a cope that still doesn't answer any fundamental transcendental problems; a god ultimately stuck in the prison of reality he didn't create nor can he escape.
You're preaching a monistic deity yourself: The Absolute of Nihilism. Though you don't have the balls to admit your own theology because you know it would make you look incoherent and inconsistent. Saying "I worship Nothing" is a true statement for you.
At least I have a coherent and consistent account for why logic exists and why we should be logical instead of just pissing against the wind hoping no one notices.

>> No.20000847

lol sneedhilism, you see Chuck is a good guy that is why they hated him

>> No.20000848

>>20000828
>At least I have a coherent and consistent account for why logic exists and why we should be logical
You don't. You literally made up God to avoid nihilism and now accuse others of doing it. If God is dead, you become a nihilist, because you cannot evaluate without God. This is entirely on you that "waaah if there's no God then there's nothing at all;" this is not my position at all and is entirely a consequence of your ex nihilo belief system.
>>20000808
Yes he is a great example of the type of person still attracted to that religion

>> No.20000851
File: 500 KB, 605x903, Scruton.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
Wagner's art implicitly denies nihilism by its use of myth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXh5JprKqiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTX75uA80T4

>Wagner was in conscious reaction against the sentimentality and lassitude of official art. Like Baudelaire (whose admiring letter to the composer after the Parisian performance of Tannhauser displays a self-conscious affinity) he saw that the ideal had fled from the world into the citadel of the imagination. Unlike Baudelaire, however, he believed that the ideal could be tempted back, so as to dwell among us (though at considerable public expense). He therefore tried to create a new musical public, one that would not merely see the point of the heroic ideal, but also adopt it. This attempt was already doomed when Wagner first conceived it, and his sacerdotal presumptions have never ceased to alienate those who feel threatened by his message. Hence modern producers, embarrassed by dramas that make a mockery of their way of life, decide in their turn to make a mockery of the dramas. Of course, even today, musicians and singers, responding as they must to the urgency and sincerity of the music, do their best to produce the sounds that Wagner intended. But the action is invariably caricatured, wrapped in inverted commas, and reduced to the dimensions of a television sitcom. Sarcasm and satire run riot on the stage, not because they have anything to prove or say in the shadow of this unsurpassably noble music, but because nobility has become intolerable. The producer strives to distract the audience from Wagner’s message, and to mock every heroic gesture, lest the point of the drama should finally come home. As Michael Tanner has argued, in his succinct and penetrating defence of the composer, modern productions attempt to ‘domesticate’ Wagner, to bring his dramas down from the exalted sphere in which the music places them, to the world of human trivia, usually in order to make a ‘political statement’ which, being both blatant and banal, succeeds only in cancelling the rich ambiguities of the drama. In contemporary Wagner productions we see exactly what the transition from modernism to the ‘post-modern’ world involves, namely, the final rejection of high culture as a redemptive force and the ruination of the sacred in its last imagined form.

>> No.20001196

>>19999673
The Holy Bible - King James Version
Good place to start

>> No.20001207

>>20001196
lol

>> No.20001210

>>19999729
>shotgun to head
>duration: 1.72 mins
Am I missing something?

>> No.20001293

>>20001207
Ay u got summn to say about my nigga God bruh?

>> No.20001303

>>20001293
ye he a pussy ass bitch

>> No.20001311

>>20001303
Lmfao nigga u finna pay fo dat shit in the afterlife my nigga have fun burnin n shit ol’ bitchass nigga

>> No.20001332

>>20001311
you believe in some silly ass shit bitch

>> No.20001334

>>20001332
Best repent fo dem sins my nigga
Das all im gon SAY

>> No.20001348

>>20001334
you best shut the fuck up, miss me with that jewish ass shit fool

>> No.20001390

>>19999673
I've recently written a short essay that has the answer to this problem. The main argument is that if you attempt to find meaning in life without God you don't because "meaning" without metaphysics is actually novelty. Novelty expires and if you continue to chase it you drift towards solipsistic psychopathy. Nietzsche says Good is "that which increases power"; my argument outlines that if you lose faith in God you objectively lose access to the highest level of power which cannot be replaced by any secular system.
https://pastebin.com/eH5jsPbG

>> No.20001397

>>20001390
>if I redefine words then my worldview makes sense

>> No.20001412

>>20001397
I'll admit, I do plan to revise my definition of power. Good is that which overcomes resistance, power is the capacity of resistance that good can overcome. Regardless, my argument remains unrefuted.

>> No.20001433

>>20001348
>Ahem *snort* ahyuck un s-sir th-this mayonnaise is too spicy sir y-you wouldnt happen to have a mild version would you?
Man shut the fuck up yo ol dickinabootylookinass nigga lmfao lookin like a damn fool rn oml

>> No.20001494

>>20001433
>Das all im gon SAY
goofy nigga

>> No.20001503

>>20001433
seething larper

>> No.20001505

>>20001390
>if you lose faith in God you objectively lose access to the highest level of power
Another failure to even engage with what is being critiqued. Nietzsche says God's dead and your answer only applies if someone has agreed to deny atheism—which is all religion is now in the Western experience, you deny atheism for some particular reason or other, especially and almost exclusively political/cultural, and lapse back into letting God do evaluation on your behalf. There is so little affirmation because the theists have actually bought Nietzsche's prediction wholesale, that without God there is nihilism, so one must be a theist to avoid nihilism. Problem is, you still cannot yourself say what is good or not because you've asked to be recused by relying on God to judge. And this is, of course, ridiculous to anyone who is aware of the death of God, because you are simply a dishonest nihilist as far as they are concerned

>> No.20001513

>>20001505
I'm criticizing Peterson, not Nietzsche. I'm guessing you didn't read the essay?

>> No.20001522

>>20001505
>>20001513
>so one must be a theist to avoid nihilism.
My argument is that you cannot avoid becoming psychopathic if you deny God and that makes you less powerful therefore on an objective level God is necessary in order to preserve the species. This is in no way incompatible with Nietzsche.

>> No.20001537

>>20001513
I read your comment. Why would I read your essay about Peterson?
>>20001522
Nietzsche's emphasis on the "kinderland" or the overman, contempt for the herd animal and for slave morality, etc. would all strongly suggest his opposition to maintaining God as an efficacious noble lie for the good of the species. If that wasn't obvious from the passages in The Gay Science about God being dead

>> No.20001567

>>20001537
>I read your comment. Why would I read your essay about Peterson?
Don't criticize what you don't understand.
>Nietzsche's emphasis on the "kinderland" or the overman, contempt for the herd animal and for slave morality, etc. would all strongly suggest his opposition to maintaining God as an efficacious noble lie for the good of the species. If that wasn't obvious from the passages in The Gay Science about God being dead
Nietzsche said Christ was an ideal free spirit (same as Jung, they both described him as having overcome all weaknesses of the human condition) and my essay argues that the only way to achieve that state is to believe in God otherwise you become cornered by solipsism.
Love is the most powerful force in human consciousness because it overcomes resistance without imposing anything on the world, which I argue by definition renders it identical to Truth. The only way you can love people is if you believe they exist, and the only way to believe someone exists without cognitive dissonance is to believe there is a third party observer whose perspective defines reality. There is no herd mentality in this argument whatsoever.

>> No.20001581

>>20001567
>the only way to believe someone exists without cognitive dissonance is to believe there is a third party observer whose perspective defines reality
Why do you need to constantly be watched by someone who isn't there in order to behave yourself? How is that not the product of a herd animal's breeding and socialization? You are effectively agreeing with Nietzsche in toto that you as a believer in God have no ability to evaluate whatsoever and affirming this as if it were a compliment.

>> No.20001585

>>20001581
>Why do you need to constantly be watched by someone who isn't there in order to behave yourself? How is that not the product of a herd animal's breeding and socialization? You are effectively agreeing with Nietzsche in toto that you as a believer in God have no ability to evaluate whatsoever and affirming this as if it were a compliment.
What you just said has absolutely nothing to do with my argument.

>> No.20001590

>>20001494
Swhat I though bro u aint got shit to say lmfao aint got nothin goin on upstairs huh? Go read some books or summn lmfao whiteass nigga

>> No.20001594

>>20001585
Your argument is that (You) need God in order to not be a solipsist. Which is not all that different from using God to avoid nihilism. Like I said earlier, this total lack of affirmation smacks of an unwitting agreement with Nietzsche that theology is just a cope for the nihilist.

>> No.20001599

>>20001590
why you so mad nigga :^)

>> No.20001602

>>20001594
Religion isnt a cope to avoid nihilism
Nihilism is a cope for chronic masturbators to avoid religion

>> No.20001605

>>20001602
>avoiding what isn't there
Remind me who is coping again about a lack of something

>> No.20001620

>>20001594
You aren't addressing the premises that entail the conclusion. If you believe people exist without believing in God you can't win against the problem of perception which necessarily means you either cope by ignoring it or you assume that your mind is capable of independent possession of truth, which is a God complex (assuming you're intelligent enough to actually review the principles by which you view the world and their logical implications).

>> No.20001621

>>20001602
>nihilism is a cope to avoid cope
???

>> No.20001635

>>20001621
This but unironically. You must negate the negation

>> No.20001639

>>20001635
And what's the end goal?

>> No.20001645

>>20001620
>if you don't believe we need God for people to exist then you must be capable of independent possession of truth
I will take that as compliment

>> No.20001651

>>20001645
>continues to misquote my argument
>is delusional
More power to you, enjoy.

>> No.20001653

>>20001639
To overcome nihilism without returning to the theological cause of nihilism

>> No.20001654

nihilism is a spook

>> No.20001665

>>20001651
Why do you think your argument needs to be quoted in its entirety to be argued against? You've already demonstrated you believe in God to avoid what you consider consequences of not believing in God. This is just an increasingly ineffective means of avoiding nihilism, which is the entire point Nietzsche was making. It is how we got to "no god means nothing matters," because the case you are making for God is the very cause of nihilism's replacement of him.

>> No.20001666

>>20001653
Yes but what is there beyond nihilism and theology (all forms of cope)?

>> No.20001683

>>20001666
That's an interesting question, O Great Satan, and I can only offer an eclectic solution of reading systems outside of the strictly abrahamism vs atheism paradigm (which goes all the way back to Exodus and has been spread over much of the world).

>> No.20001689

>>20001683
By theology I meant every kind of belief system really, not just the jewish and cryptojewish kind

>> No.20001708

>>19999673
Gotta read Chesterton. The hardest answer is the greatest.

>> No.20001709

>>20001665
>Why do you think your argument needs to be quoted in its entirety to be argued against?
There's a difference between paraphrasing and argument and misquoting it.
>You've already demonstrated you believe in God to avoid what you consider consequences of not believing in God.
No fucking shit have you even read Nietzsche? Synthetic a priori judgements according to him are necessary "falsehoods", false because we have "no right" to them. You believe in them because belief in them preserves the species. Not believing in them is nihilistic, which is an existential failure. I've argued that God is objectively the only way to avoid psychopathy and that psychopathy is objectively a weakness (which means it will be filtered through natural selection). Nietzsche is specifically concerned with how species preserving a belief is, not whether it can be known as certainly true. Belief in God is the only way to preserve the species.

>> No.20001712

>>20001689
Well any system will be a reactive and pedagogical tool for explaining things to persons less able to intuit them. As far as they go some may be more accurate and others less so

>> No.20001729

>>20001709
>God is objectively the only way to avoid psychopathy and that psychopathy is objectively a weakness
This is such slave morality. Do you have any idea how many powerful, reproductively fit people are castigated as psychopathological? And you think this domineering callousness is somehow the destruction of the species? Was it not nature's psychopaths who were unto themselves selective pressures for the rest of us? You'd have us pray to God to deliver us from predation, is that right? Are you certain you read Nietzsche and not just Peterson's limp "if not the bible" apologia?

>> No.20001739

>>20001712
So you're arguing against systems as a whole

>> No.20001756

>>20001729
>This is such slave morality.
No it is not.
>Do you have any idea how many powerful, reproductively fit people are castigated as psychopathological? And you think this domineering callousness is somehow the destruction of the species? Was it not nature's psychopaths who were unto themselves selective pressures for the rest of us?
Naïve believers lose to pragmatic psychopaths, non-naïve believers beat both. I would know because I have cucked a psychopath.

>> No.20001758

>>20001599
Chu still doin here bruh dontchu got some whipeepo books to read or summn about how u should be sad about everything n shit Lmfao smdh oml

>> No.20001767

>>20001756
>>20001729
Oh, and by the way, if you think psychopathy makes you more malevolently powerful than non-psychopaths, consider this.
https://www.psypost.org/2021/09/dark-personality-study-finds-that-religious-belief-predicts-reduced-psychopathy-but-increased-sadism-61820

>> No.20001770

>>20001739
They operate within their limits, not entirely useless but not absolutely true

>> No.20001776

>>20001756
Weren't you not supposed to covet your neighbor's wife? Or do you not believe in God after all...

>> No.20001788

>>20001776
>Weren't you not supposed to covet your neighbor's wife? Or do you not believe in God after all...
Everybody sins. Stay mad.

>> No.20001791

>>20001776
>>20001788
Oh and I should add I never once hit on her or implied that I wanted to take her from him. He literally begged me to have her.

>> No.20001816

I just think it's funny that someone you'd want to expel from your community for their behavior is arguing he believes in God to avoid being a psychopath. Seems a little on the nose as evidence for the bad faith of surviving theists.

>> No.20001821

>>20001605
>religion aint there
Lmfao I swear to god sometimes u whiteass niggas straight fuckin retarded n shit

>> No.20001825

>>20001605
>tell me you chronically masturbate without saying you chronically masturbate

>> No.20001826
File: 321 KB, 2048x1382, KDb7TBKStSrykfxVOWEANsySp-zB6GuImt4bIRQephM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.20001828

>>19999673
Nihilism is philosophically unsound. Logic is true by virtue of necessity (try to imagine what a world where logic would be untrue would look like, and you will immediately realise the absurdity of the proposition), and if Logic is valid then we need some metaphysical system. From that point, we can argue about what that metaphysics/ontology may be. There is no question of its existence though.

>> No.20001837

>>20001770
Wouldn't that itself be a system?

>> No.20001841

>>19999775
wrong on both accounts, you should be shot.

>> No.20001842

>>20001828
>a world where logic would be untrue
Dreams.
Your argument is tautological, logic is true according to logical reasoning.

>> No.20001863

>>20001842
Yet logical reasoning often leads us to incorrect conclusions

>> No.20001864

>>20001825
>it couldnt be that my dogmas are unbelievable, it must be that my opponent is a pervert, that would explain my interest in his sexual behavior—no no I mean..

>> No.20001868

Uh hey /lit/ OP here I asked for book recommendations that refute nihilism not a bunch of faggots arguing about whether or not God exists

>> No.20001878

>>20001837
You can be critical without proposing a system. But the history of philosophy is largely to criticize one system and then advance another one that purports to solve those defects, and to do so oblivious to its own

>> No.20001881

>>20001864
>unbelievable
>something like 30% of the world is Christian
its ok man he will forgive you but you gotta stop masturbating its bad for you and i dont wanna see you burn

>> No.20001883
File: 7 KB, 225x225, descarga (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist, you never read any of his works.

>> No.20001890

>>20001878
>You can be critical without proposing a system.
Some would say that itself is a system called pyrrhonism. But I get your point.

>> No.20001894

>>20001881
kek I know you're larping but imagine seriously buying into this shit

>> No.20001902

>>20001894
nothim but most people have faith

>> No.20001903

>>20001864
Wait are you saying masturbating makes you a pervert?

>> No.20001907

>>20001902
Do they really?
Faith in what?

>> No.20001924

>>20001842
It's not tautological. A tautology is a circular proof. I can't give you a proof of logic because logic is what allows for the possibility of proofs in the first place. I am saying that logic is true by virtue of necessity. It cannot be untrue. It is what Truth itself is grounded in. To say that "The sky is blue" is to say " 'The sky is blue' is true". And to say that something is true, it means that you are able to recognize truth within it: the proposition partakes in truth. However it is easiest for you to conceptualise. The point is that to make a proposition of any kind is to say something about truth -- that it is identical, in form, to the proposition being made. And to say this means that truth has a form. It doesn't matter what that form is. What matters is that it is something. Whatever it is, we have no idea for now, but we know that it is itself, because there is something which it is not. Thus we have the law of identity, from which all logic is grounded: A=A. To say that no true statements can ever be made, is to undermine your own statement, because it is a proposition and, as I demonstrated with the blue sky example, to make a proposition is to begin a hermeneutic with truth.

>> No.20001932

>>20001902
"Most people" needs to be qualified. And even if you literally mean most people, the share of the population that is openly atheist or agnostic must be historically high compared to earlier ages when people believed their governors were descended from gods.

>> No.20001941

>>20001924
>makes a long logical argument to prove logic is true
lol

>> No.20001954

>>20001932
>qualified
Literally most people are religious and have faith
>>20001894
Cope

>> No.20001969

>>20001941
It's not a proof you dumbfuck. That's the point. It is what makes proofs possible. You are literally appealing to the law of non-contradiction to demonstrate how flawed my belief that Logic exists is. Why do you think no philosopher in the history of philosophy has ever held your opinion?

>> No.20001972

>>20001924
>logic because logic is what allows for the possibility of proofs
Yes it is an often disputed set of rules that if allowed to be codified by a given party let that party railroad its conclusions into the discourse by claiming they must be true because they are logical. Logic is at its worst a form of scriptural authority. This is what always happens with theology in particular, and one need only glance at the five ways of Aquinas/Aristotle to see the absence of proof contained in the label of proof. Imagine starting from the premise that things are created and NOT concluding there is a creator. It isn't possible, why it's illogical! The abuse of reason is obvious to anyone with eyes to see.

>> No.20001975

>>20001969
God you’re fucking gay shut up dork

>> No.20001981

>>20001969
>keeps using logic to try and convince me that logic is true
lmfao
You people are so fucking stuck inside your nerd mind prisons you can't even start to envision something else

>> No.20001982

>>20001972
I'm an atheist so idk what you're trying to say.

>> No.20001986

>>20001954
In that case there is a historically high share of disbelief, and moreover, believing something because most people do is a garbage epistemology.

>> No.20001992

>>20001986
Then why bring it up lmfao

>> No.20001993

>>20001954
>Literally most people are religious and have faith
Source?
Cope and seethe larper. The only people who genuinely believe in your desert jew stories at this point are superstitious old women and 70 IQ africans. The rest (like you) take up christianity because it validates their political beliefs, or because it's a tradition they never bother questioning.

>> No.20002004

>>20001992
Because it is true that traditional western theism is increasingly untenable to people (hence "God is dead") if the share of such theists is decreasing, and it is a problem that this faith is being replaced with nihilism instead of something that affirms.

>> No.20002005

>>20001975
I forgot you retards just come here to larp. I guess when you think that there is no such thing as truth or logic the only thing left are middle-school 'you gay' memes. Imagine unironically doing the Jordan Peterson "Truth is gone; the only thing that exists is power" meme.

>> No.20002015
File: 130 KB, 1242x876, 3A87CE37-E02E-4B7B-A084-DC1DCB1DE2E1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20001993
>source
https://lmgtfy.app/?q=how+many+people+are+religious
I dont want to see you burn even if the current version of you deserves it

>> No.20002016

>>20000656
Oh, you're one of those "only god has meaning" people

>> No.20002017

>>20002004
>something being popular doesnt matter
>something being unpopular does matter
So much for logic

>> No.20002021

>>20002015
I asked you for proof of most people having faith.

>> No.20002023

>>20002005
Imagine being a gay dork lmfao shut up

>> No.20002026

>>20002005
>I forgot you retards just come here to larp.
Way to project, christlarper.

>> No.20002031

>>20002017
Ok you're just another based non-reader who doesn't even follow the thread, let alone the texts. Why are you are here if I might ask?

>> No.20002045

>>20002021
Well only 15.6% dont so

>> No.20002051

>>20002045
>faith
You're pretty stupid aren't you?

>> No.20002052

>>20002031
>MmmyEeeeeessss well it appears i’ve happens’t’d’ve upons’t’d’ve an individual whoms’t’d’ve i am have disagreeing with! Whys’t art though here might I’ve asked’ve?

>> No.20002056

>>20002051
Cope

>> No.20002072

>>20002056
Cringe, have sex, dilate, rent free and yikes, christranny. Also seethe.

>> No.20002095

>>20002072
Heh thats what I thought, touch grass kid

>> No.20002098

>>20002095
sneed

>> No.20002449

Damn all it took to kill the thread was one particularly annoying sinner

>> No.20002455

>>20002449
cry about it, larper

>> No.20002480

>>20002455
Would my sorrow make you happy?

>> No.20002621

>>19999778
this. I'm a nihilist but I never discuss teleology with anyone anymore because there's nothing to be said, no real communication to be had or knowledge to be acquired or shared. different uncontrollable circumstances led us to different neurological pathways and emotional temperaments in life and discussion is a waste of energy. it's the negation of all real splendor in life, of course people are going to be adverse to it, but to call it childish is childish in itself, a base appeal to authority.

>> No.20002641

>>19999673
Nihilism has been refuted by Nietzsche, but I don't want you to stray away from nihilism, because I want you to be a nihilist and to suffer.

>> No.20002649

>>20002641
>refuted by Nietzsche
More like adequately coped against. Nihilism also doesn't entail suffering.

>> No.20002652
File: 1.16 MB, 1361x1815, 1623392856612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
>nihilism
retroactivly refuted by Jung

>> No.20002658

>>20002649
Refuted and there is nothing you can do about it, keep being nihilistic tho, the more of you there are the better. I support nihilism because it kills more people.

>> No.20002671
File: 49 KB, 683x1024, 1634108036183.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Objectivism by Ayn Rand.

>> No.20002675

>>20002652
>Jung
Retroactively refuted by Buddhism

>> No.20002808

>>20002026
I already said I was an atheist but whatever makes you feel good I guess.

>> No.20003971

>>20002480
No, you fucking off or stopping your obnoxious larp would make me happy

>> No.20004069

>>19999706
Neech was good at destroying the established meanings, not so much at creating new ones.

I get no excitement when he talks about the superman. Who the fuck cares about the superman. Tell me about me. We don’t amount to anything in his philosophy except for being a link to superman.

>> No.20005010

>wahh nothing has meaning
>wahh everything is futile
>wahh nihilism is the ultimate answer
I can't even comprehend thinking this way, it's so pathetic and self-centered.

>> No.20005019

>>20005010
And I can't comprehend seriously buying into the bullshit copes that get relentlessly peddled on this board

>> No.20005247

>>20003971
Geez man relax theres nothing wrong with faith

>> No.20005262

>>20005019
G-geez R-R-R-R-Rick I d-didn’t realize how c-committed you were to being depressed

>> No.20005278

>>20000644
>presuppositionalism
Holy shit dude lmao go back to your darth dawkins discord voice chat.

>> No.20005290

>>20005262
>noooo I need to larp

>> No.20005324

>>19999702
I always saw it as:
If one wants things to be a certain way, they can strive towards it be destroying people and ideas who inhibit that way. Certainly one can say this does not necessarily give life meaning, but you can just kill those people and it won't make much of a difference. Life is a dream, and ultimately one must trust in God.

>> No.20005474

>>20005290
>>20005262

>> No.20005478

>>20005474
>>20005290

>> No.20005510

We’re all just like space dust man

>> No.20005512
File: 8 KB, 259x194, picardia.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone is a nihilist agnostic atheist. This is simple and self evident and irrefutable, yet people will deflect and laugh at it and pretend for it to be retarded.

Not a single person can prove whether god exists or not, yet they are scared of adopting the label "agnostic".

Not a single person believes in all gods of all religions, and most that believe in one disbelieve in all others ,but they are afraid of the label "atheist". A christian disbelieving in Odin thinks their disbelief is very different from that of an atheist disbelieving in Odin, when it's essentially the same.

People find reasons to remain alive and some believe such reasons are subjective (which entails nihilism) or objective (generally stemming from a religious background), when they know deep down fairly well that they are not following a monolithic set of values that has remained unchanging throughout history.

It's all posturing and cope. No matter how much they point at you, laugh at you, call you names. They are always just pretending. Everyone, necessarily, is an atheist agnostic nihilist. Have fun reading the midwit responses to this post.

>> No.20005534

>>20005512
Thats just like
Your opinion man

>> No.20005550

>>20005512
Low IQ take, God is a provable reality. You are dissatisfied because you cannot bench even 2pl8 or eat the flesh of Christ.

>> No.20005552

>>20005550
lmfao

>> No.20005571

>>20005512
Yeah a couple months ago I'd have lashed out at your post but right now I'm realizing that my personal journey into philosophy, then spirituality, has not actually changed anything about me, I have always been, still am, and will always remain some kind of agnostic skeptic and although I would never call myself a nihilist I probably fit the bill anyway. All these ideologies are just filters that I tried to superimpose on a gut feeling of pure skepticism that will never go away.
Maybe it's different in people that have been indoctrinated since childhood but that's not my case.

>> No.20005640

>>19999673
Nietzsche refuted nihilism but failed to refute suffering.

>> No.20005992

>>19999702
You are creating meaning whether you want to or not. However, the nihilist creates a meaning that is harmful to himself, because he is a contradictory being, and he is incapable of realizing this and overcoming his condition, because he's weak / retarded.

>> No.20006002

>>20005992
Usually homosexual as well

>> No.20006094
File: 85 KB, 636x636, ec3c04f79023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
Read Nietzsche.

>> No.20006116

Main shit nigga we all jus be dust in the wind n shit namsain?

>> No.20006133

>>20004254

>> No.20007738

>>20001883
Nietzsche's life work was fighting against the nihilism he saw creeping across Europe as Christianity began to no longer hold sway.

>> No.20007819
File: 187 KB, 1280x960, vitrifyher.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9NhjMOWUNY

>> No.20007825

>>20007738
Nietzsche's life work was fighting against nihilism because saw something worse replacing it - socialism.

>> No.20007993

>>20001210
The only instant lights out method of death is destroying the base of the brain or cervical spine. People often aim at the roof of the mouth or up into the face when they shoot themselves, which is not necessarily instantly fatal, but is instead a brief and senseless period or agony while the body comprehends what has happened or enough blood is lost

>> No.20008548

>>20007993
>The only instant lights out method of death is destroying the base of the brain or cervical spine.
What about falling from 5+ stories high and landing on your head?

>> No.20008956

>>20001828
learn logic

>> No.20009806

>>20000848
>because you cannot evaluate without God.
Lol no because nature itself provides values. You get angry because someone took something from you? There's your value.

>> No.20009879

>>20002658
>Refuted
Rofl

>> No.20009908

>>20009806
Nature is negated by the theist. You misunderstand what you're quoting.

>> No.20009917

>>20004069
Become the Superman.

>> No.20009993

>>20005512
>everyone is a phony because I am a phony

>> No.20009994

>>19999700
"To create meaning" is to fool yourself. The universe don't really adcquire meaning just because you want it to. That's easy to prove: let's say you give the universe a meaning and i give it the oposite, who's right? Obviously neither. There's no escape for nihilism in an atheist worldview, only if you're decided to fool yourself.

>> No.20010005

>>20009994
>from nihilism
Fix'd.

>> No.20010017

>>20009994
Not him but the whole world I perceive is the one in my mind and no one else's and it will vanish with me one day. It's not an accurate world because I'd have to be a God to have a complete picture, but that just further shows my world goes hand in hand with my "meaning".
Also, what the fuck does it mean to give universe meaning anyway? Understanding the meaning of a sentence is understanding what sentence is communicating. Understanding the meaning of universe is just trying to understanding it and how it works.

>> No.20010030

>>20009908
No that's what the other person is saying.

>> No.20010039

>>20009917
Retard. The Superman is not defined by Nietzsche as something you can become. As the anon you quoted said: Nietzsche was good at destroying established meanings (i would phrase it as "he was good at pushing the atheistic worldview to it's final conclusions), but that's all he does right: amor fati, ubermensch, the eternal return, life affirmation are just retarded meaningless terms.

>> No.20010060

>>20010039
>meaningless terms
Nietzsche shoved them everywhere and overused them until they were rendered meaningless. Similar thing happened with Freud.

>> No.20010145

>>20010017
I said "meaning" as an synonym for "purpose", "end", "telos". You see, without a telos a person can't measure which actions are right or wrong, you have no reference, you're lost.

>> No.20010154

>>19999729
Not OP, but literally "cope" the philosophy.

>> No.20010164

>>20002675
>Buddha
Retroactively refuted by Me (pbuh).

>> No.20010208

>>20001883
He was a nihilist in negation.

>> No.20010741

>>20010145
So it's all relative depending on which goal I want to achieve. Also (in the same system), anyone who wants to derive ethics from reason is retarded because reason can only tell you "if you want x, do y" but can't tell you that you must want x.

>> No.20011424

>>20009994
meaning or meaningfulness is not an eternal, inherent objective property that things have by themselves but a product of the individual subjective judgment and interpretation of the thing

>> No.20011509

>>19999673
>>19999685
>>19999700
https://incels.wiki/w/Scientific_Blackpill

>> No.20011697

>>19999702
You can literally make it not true by finding your own reason to live.

>> No.20011741

>>20010039
>Retard. The Superman is not defined by Nietzsche as something you can become
Not with that attitude. For example, the Overman wouldn’t be whining about this right now.

>> No.20011806

>>19999673
What does it mean for nothing to have meaning? Also tf is meaning--is it just a sensation, some abstract non-mental property, or is it only that feeling when my PeePee gets mucho hard?

>> No.20011811

>>19999673
Never once bought the line that Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist. He's at the least an extreme perspectivist. Imo saying that all value is created by the individual isn't too different from saying it doesn't exist.

>> No.20011829

>>20011811
>pain isn’t real cus it’s subjective
Fucking moron

>> No.20011834
File: 411 KB, 1335x1957, 1553280406284.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tao Te Ching.
The great mystery refuses to be explained. Even those who live claiming no meaning feel as if they're being laughed at, a joke, and feel the dread.

I don't know what the meaning is. But I also know it perfectly well -- it is the empty mind, the child, the happy idiot, and the intellectual man killing himself in existential crisis.

>> No.20011865

>>20011829
If there are 8 billion different meanings on this planet that's not super different from saying there's no meaning. Not exactly the same, but close. Extreme relativsim doesn't look all that different from nihilism. I mean there's even a section of Nietzsche were he suggests that the human perspective isn't any better than the perspective of a gnat.
That doesn't strike you as nihilistic? Not even saying that it's bad just descriptively I think they're more similar than people let on. People don't want to acknowledge the similarity because they're afraid of the label.

>> No.20011872

Answer to what? how to fuck up your own life?
Being nihilistic is easy, take responsibility, sonny boy.

>> No.20011909

>>20011811
>nothing an individual does is real or valuable
peak nihilism right there, insectoid

>> No.20011912

>>19999673
Dosto

>> No.20011951

>>20011834
if meaninglessness is intelligence then stupidity is virtue

>> No.20011967

>>20011865
>If there are 8 billion different meanings on this planet that's not super different from saying there's no meaning
…..Huh? That’s the polar opposite of how logic works.

>> No.20012050

>>20011951
There's really nothing to say. The only thing you can do is look inwards. Those who suffer from thinking too much, including myself, must learn to trust their inner 'nature'. Words fill us with doubts, but words do not make up reality. Whatever lies within us is what matters most.

>> No.20012151

>>20011967
I don't see any contradiction in my logic. I'm not saying equivalent, but functionally not all that different. If one individual's meaning is just a tiny dot in a see of other dots with no transcendant measure to determine better v.s worse that's not really all that different from there being no meaning. Your perspective is not inherently in the nature of things better than a gnat; it's only different from the gnats' pov. That's Nietzsche's view. That basically there's no transcendant measure between perspectives. Which is another way of saying there's no real Truth to reality beyond what we make of it. Nietzsche effectively endorses the view that truth is just purely a fiction of the powerful. I think that's a pretty nihilistic view.

>> No.20012393

Nietzsche is refuted by the Turin Horse incident. Nietzscheans like Deleuze also kill themselves. So much for loving your fate.
>>20005640
this

>> No.20012924
File: 60 KB, 564x620, 1646187391396.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20007993
Why do you care about the pain you feel when you kill yourself? Are you a faggot or something? Just do it and don't care as long as you die there is no reason to worry about pain.

>> No.20013525

>>20009994
>There's no escape for nihilism in an atheist worldview, only if you're decided to fool yourself.
The cognitive dissonance in your implication is amusing

>> No.20013532

Nietzche was absolutely fucking correct about everything and you need to hurry up and internalize it sooner rather than later. Seize power over yourself, become the best version of yourself, strive for something better, have a vision, leave heavy slave morality in the dust, break your chains. For men this means largely embracing your masculinity and I highly recommend reading books on that topic. Because it is a fact many men are feminized today, they're too emotional, they're wimps, they aren't prepared for survival, they don't know enough, etc. Not only do you despise it and not realize it so does everyone else because you're supposed to be a leader and capable so get to it.

>> No.20013535

>>20013532
>become the best version of yourself, strive for something better, have a vision, leave heavy slave morality in the dust
Why?

>> No.20013553

>>20013535
Because that's our purpose. And it feels good to do it. No more am I bogged down by clouded thoughts, and uncertainty. Living life is a struggle for survival, and power. Once you accept that you can actually start living. Accept violence as a reality and prepare yourself for that possibility too. It's a good feeling. There is a beast inside of you and a spark always, it just needs to be lit. All this pertains to yourself of course. You aren't changing shit in this world without changing yourself first, then the people close to you, then your communities, etc. The world is an awful place filled with awful people it will only bog you down.

>> No.20013554

>>20013553
>our purpose.
Biological? There are many things people do that contradict the biological imperative. Personally I don't like struggle, I prefer taking it easy.

>> No.20013568

>>20013554
Yessir. Fair enough. That's true but we're still animals, and it feels good. Never again am I going to deny my biology to appease some mice who surround me. My reality is stronger than theirs.

>> No.20013587

The search for meaning is what gives life meaning, its a never ending cycle of creating meaning for yourself by searching for meaning in literally anything you take an interest in.

>> No.20013894

>>20012151
>Nietzsche effectively endorses the view that truth is just purely a fiction of the powerful.
There's a difference between truth as in an accurate description of reality and "Truth" as a transcendental meaning, value and morality for things

>> No.20013970

>>19999673
Therese of Lisieux

>> No.20014027
File: 790 KB, 728x782, 1646181492435.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999778
>he trusts his senses

>> No.20014089

>>20011811
He says in Ecce Homo that due to his sickly body he was a nihilist, but that he also had strong instincts which informed him regularly to reject his own body's inclinations. So, the philosophy and criticisms that he put to paper were, in most cases, a self-overcoming and self-criticism on his part.

>> No.20014202

>>20014027
Empiricism seems accurate enough

>> No.20014443

>>19999722
Define truth

>> No.20014457

>>20013894
People who use truth in that way are claiming that we live in a game of Dungeons & Dragons, á la christianity. It’s a fruitless distinction, because the dungeon master (god) can and will always be recognised as an individual, reducing “transcendental” truth to yet another subjective opinion.

>> No.20014817

>>20011697
not killing yourself/continuing to live doesn't negate nihilism. people don't need an articulated reason to live. I go on about my life doing things that entail meaning like creating art and being with friends even though I know it's all meaningless and arbitrary, I simply enjoy the sensations on a hedonic level.

>> No.20014829

>>20013525
Why?

>> No.20014831

The world as will and representation – by Schopenhauer

>> No.20014834

>>20013532
>become the best version of yourself
no such thing as a self. the self we establish for ourselves is a necessary lie and LARP for hedonic and survival purposes.

>> No.20014895

>>20014834
No such thing as a lie.

>> No.20014930

>>20014817
Meaning of life is sensational pleasure and hedonism for you then?
I think you misunderstood what I said but idc

>> No.20014934

>>19999729
This is exactly right. I went through a nihilistic phase after I decided I was an atheist and there probably isn't any god or absolute truth or meaning. It wasn't until I decided to assert my own goals or wants that I grew out of my nihilistic state of mind.

Reality is an illusion but it's a really damn good one.

>> No.20014938

>>20014934
>Reality is an illusion but it's a really damn good one.
What do you think there is beyond the illusion?

>> No.20014956

>>20001390
I do not think God is relevant to discussing modern philosophical concepts. It's like trying to have a discussion about the future of spaceflight and someone interrupts and starts talking about how the world is actually flat.

>> No.20014992

>>20014938
Let me clarify. The illusion I refer to is the qualia of life and the illusion of free-will. Beyond the illusion I suppose is a world of particle interactions and quantum fluctuations.

>> No.20015443

>>20014930
Not him but isn't it all? Like U.G. Krishnamurti says, finding meaning or enlightenment is just an extension of the survival instinct and the pleasure principle, an either consistent and steady form of pleasure that counteracts the bad in life to keep you alive or a "transcendental" ecstacy. Even ascetics who seek out contentment and emptiness instead of happiness/pleasure in their desires can be said to be "happy" in reaching their desire to have little/"no" desires.

>> No.20015473

>>20014934
I hate the "you'll grow out of it" schtick antinihilists or supposed exnihilists spout. Not only is it a corny appeal to "maturity" but all that it means is that you had energy and passions strong enough to not be weighed down by the realization of a godless world. It's happenstancial, it doesn't apply to everyone. I'm fine with my life but I don't really give a fuck about any goals or the urge to "become someone." I'm fine just being an arbiter of experience, and I don't see that as a goal in itself unless you want to be semantic about it.

>> No.20016022

>>20015473
You'll grow out of it

>> No.20016029

>>20015443
"can be said to" is relying on the inherent flaw of language. Krishnamurti is basically making the same arguments as Socrates with respect to "The Good." Lo and behold though he is either not brave or thoughtful enough to take it to its conclusion.

>> No.20016037

Everyone should be thanking nietzche for increasing the limits of humans. Maybe you're still a cuck boy slave but he's had a profound effect on enough to propel humanity forward. Thank you Nietzche. He really did solve the incel problem.

>> No.20017185

>>20015443
I don't think people do things for sensational pleasure and hedonism. I think struggle and fighting and pain can be fulfilling in a way that is different from that. More so I think struggle and pain makes what you fight for worth more. I don't agree with an idea that ascetic monks do what they do for hedonism either. There is a spiritual element and maybe there is a good feeling regarding it but it is far from hedonism. I understand what you mean about searching for good to counteract the bad in life but I don't think that necessarily equates to hedonic pleasure seeking. I think people search for things they value and do them. If it was simply sensational pleasure we could expect some completely different behaviour.
If you define hedonism as any positive feeling found from anything I guess we all seek something like that (obviously no one seeks bad experiences exclusively) but positive feeling definitely doesn't make things meaningful on it's own, there has to be choice and work for it to be worth anything to you in the end, this is why rich kids stereotypically don't care about things everyone else does. I hope I explained my position on this properly, I found it difficult to express.

>> No.20017190

No

>> No.20017192

>>20013532
Retard. Schopenhauer was right.

>> No.20017215

>>20015473
Based. Larpers will seethe

>> No.20017504
File: 71 KB, 460x460, kierkegaard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19999673
the sickness unto death
you are spirit

>> No.20017860

>>19999802
I can answer the first part, the second part is absurd.
Nihilism is the acknowledgement that all beliefs and assertions, be it physical, moral or metaphysical, are extremely subjective and there is no way for a human to have access to objective truths (or if you want to be the ultimate skeptic, we don't know whether humans have access to objective truths).

The essentialist answer that derives from this is that because meaning does not exist (or cannot be ascertained), one ought to remove all meaning from their life and thus become a passive nihilist.
This is, however, antithetical to nihilism itself. You are necessarily putting meaning into the concept of nihilism by transforming your state of mind to become a fully-fledged nihilist, e.g. one who holds no beliefs (which is probably biologically impossible, anyway).

The rational answer that derives from this and counters the essentialist answer is that the state of nihilism is necessarily self-destructive.
Since the transformation into a passive nihilist necessarily destroys your willingness to become one, it is only natural that one defaults to any other belief but passive nihilism.
This allows you to set up your own goals and values upon realiziation that passive nihilism is paradoxical and literally requires you to not be a passive nihilist.
The great part about this is that you can choose these values to be anything you want for any reason you (your biological body) wants.

>> No.20017861

Henry miller's novels

>> No.20017868
File: 76 KB, 627x1024, c533e8e371a95c282fbb820083d47a12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have sex

>> No.20018393

>>20017860
>we don't know whether humans have access to objective truths
Is that an objective truth?

>> No.20018561

>>20018393
No, we don't know anything.

>> No.20018566

>>20018561
Do you know that you don't know anything?

>> No.20018569

>>20018566
I don't know.

>> No.20018600
File: 193 KB, 960x957, 1643799275916.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20018569
alright then