[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 56 KB, 680x418, m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19818760 No.19818760 [Reply] [Original]

it's over. edition

>> No.19818764

First for nothing.

>> No.19818766

There's already a thread up. Fuck off making a second one.

>> No.19818767

>>19818766
Fuck you I prefer this one

>> No.19818770

>>19818760
Why do you faggots keep making new threads when there’s already one that’s up? Fuck off already.

>> No.19818774

>>19818766
>>19818770
u mad? the OP who makes the other threads is beyond gay. he's into anime and posts weeb music and weird pictures of cats. i'll pass

>> No.19818784

The worst thing about modern job culture is the idea of "hustling". The idea that someone you always need to be "upskilling". For what? You're doing IT for some firm that manufactures widgets. There is zero nobility in that. At least in the military or in food service no body pretends the job is "meaningful" - it's just something to do. That's what I've always felt more comfortable in manual labor work, there's no illusions of "hustling".

The question "what do you do" presupposes that your job is somehow going to provide you with ultimate life meaning. Maybe I'm cynical but, I've found that's far from the case.

>> No.19818814

The only thing wrong with reality is human beings.

>> No.19818831
File: 125 KB, 446x598, 1642244101911.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818760
"I hate modern 4chan" he thought.
"Nothing but those pepes and wojak edits, it's the same shit as those rage comics we had years ago"
He closed down his web-browser and stepped away from his computer.
"We went from being a site that exemplified the anarchistic spirit of old internet, not beholden to the morality of our parents. No, we where offensive, creative, angry and we got shit done."
he took a sip from his dark coffee, the same kind he prepared every morning and he walked over to his kitchen table.
"Now kids get their political opinions from that shithole and both the media and some users like to pretend that 4chan is more important than it actually is. Oh no, 4chan elected Trump. Dumbest shit I've ever heard, people voted for that guy because they where dissatisfied with the establishment and wanted something new, at the time Trump seemed like the best bet, an outsider to politics who said things no politician before would have dared to say."
He put down his cup on the table and pulled out a chair and sat down.
"No, fuck modern 4chan." He thought.
"And thank god for Newgrounds."

>> No.19818841

I really want to have sex with a latina.

>> No.19818853

>>19818730
(1/2)
As I understand it, and I don't claim to understand it...
Lacan rips off... I mean is influenced a lot by Saussure and Hegel
You have the Triad of Orders: The Real. The Symbolic. and the Imaginary.
The Real is basically how we experience the world as infants, it is random, chaotic. Doesn't make sense
The Imaginary we reach during the 'mirror stage' this is one of the first symbols we develop, the 'self' we see something moving in a mirror. We realize that it is the self, that is the "I/me/myself" is distinct from all that 'Real' out there. We also think it's the most important thing (according to Lacan). Now that we have one symbol we start segmenting reality into other symbols. Other people who are like us - mom, dad, brother etc. This is the point where 'language' begins to emerge, not in the sense of words and phrases, but the idea of signs and symbols and mental representations.
However at some point we start to learn that if we do say things that are related to our mental representations, we can get what we want from Daddy. This is the Symbolic order - and it includes things like the knowledge of ideological conventions, morality, decorum - basically what being a member of society is like. It is related to Freud's Superego.
With me so far? No you're not... so maybe Zizek can help. With a consumer digital camera the 'real' refers to it's technical properties like how many pixels it has, the battery life, the dynamic range, the color response; the 'symbolic' refers to the "competitional/social" effects that possessing the camera may have; while the 'imaginary' is the "experience" possessing the camera and the attempts to realize those social effects.
A little aside, Jouissance, Jouissance is a legal term for when you have the right to exploit land, it also means 'an orgasm' but Lacan uses it figuratively to describe when the 'Real' interrupts the 'Symbolic'. Like when a successful family man raw-dogs a thai ladyboy's bussy just for the hell of it.
Now being a Fruedian, Lacan is obsessed with sexual thoughts about fathers. And just when you thought you had grasped this Triad he hits you with the 'Discourses'.

>> No.19818855

cuckqueening, ultimately is a female empowerment fantasy
girls really do have it easier in life no matter how you look at it

>> No.19818861

>Who said the following concerning England’s growing illegal immigration crisis? “We’re all human beings, we’re all mammals, we’re all rocks, plants, rivers . . . bloody borders are just such a pain in the arse.”

>Paul Lincoln, outgoing head of Border Force, the government body tasked with preventing illegal immigration into the United Kingdom.

>Mr. Lincoln has become an inadvertent whistleblower, and rather than his former colleagues being aggrieved at this indiscretion, they are with Mr. Lincoln all the way when it comes to the impertinent attitude of government — and the people — that a body called Border Force should enforce the border.

>The trade union who represent Border Force, the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS), have threatened to strike if the government introduces legal measures to secure the border from refugees via the English Channel,

IN 2022, UNIONS LITERALLY STRIKE TO *IMPORT* SCAB LABOUR

>> No.19818864

>>19818861
you would think workers would see these people as the globohomo useful idiots they are by now

if i were in your shoes i would strike in favour of the border securing

>> No.19818866 [DELETED] 

this is the based thread

>> No.19818867

>>19818842
(2/2)
There are Four Discourses: the Master. the Slave. the Hysteric. and the Analyst.
Sounds pretty straight forward, no wait he's a French Charlatan, why would it be straight forward.
You see the Master is really the Slave.
The Father is the Master. The child is the Slave. The father makes the rules (ahhh the father imposes the Symbolic and Imaginary order on the otherwise 'real' of the Child's lives). But the father can only have Jouissance, or pleasure, through his children - he goes to work and earns a wage, he disciplines his children so that they can thrive in the Imaginary order of normal society. When they do, he has Jouissance.
The way I think about it is: Mister Burns is the Master, but he's totally helpless without his doting Slave Smithers.
Now, if you question the father's rules - you are a Hysteric. But if you question the Hysteric. You are an Analyst. Now, we rotate between the four all the time everyday.
Finally there's a whole thing about 'le petite a' and the impossibility of feeling whole which drives Joussiance.
>Note: Like I said, I don't understand it. I think the Master/Slave role inversion is very interesting, the idea of the Master needing the Slave for Jouissance is the only useful thing Lacan has ever spoken about. And I'm not familiar enough with Hegel to know if it's even his. I still don't understand the difference between the Symbolic and the Imaginary, or even which one is which. I think the Imaginary is interpersonal, and the symbolic is mental representations? Jouissance is also a slippery one. I thought it simply meant when the Master relies on the Slave to 'enjoy' something - like a man having sex with a woman to achieve orgasm, a landowner requiring serfs to work his land, or a father needing his children to get good grades so he isn't stressed about their future, but apparently it's about the Real interrupting the other orders and mixing it all up. I do know that it's connected some how with 'le petite a' which describes this sort of asymptote impossibility of ever feeling whole no matter how close you get because the Real is too unknowable to every be Symbolically ordered
let me know if this helps, it won't, I know

>> No.19818869

OP, you can stop samefagging. No one wants to be here. You can fuck off now.

>> No.19818870

from where does the prevailing moral narrative derive truth and meaning?

>> No.19818872

>>19818870
In the where it do no can be

>> No.19818874

>>19818870
Consensus like always

>> No.19818875 [DELETED] 
File: 459 KB, 708x1000, --------------------------------------------------.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818869
OP, you can stop samefagging. No one wants to be here. You can fuck off now.

>> No.19818876

>>19818853
>>19818867
Actually, genuinely insightful, nice effort post.

>> No.19818877

Do women still want to get married/start families with average men, or is it all about social media likes and hook ups with hot guys from tinder for them?
I really can't tell...
All my friends are in their mid 20s to early 30s, with good STEM jobs and decent personalities, and not one is married or is even in a relationship

Has it become "unprofitable" for women to settle down at the age of simps and OnlyFans society?

>> No.19818881

>>19818877
Dating now is fucked. There are certainly a lot of superficial relationships out there. Men realize they want families as stuff a lot earlier than women now. Women act retarded and then want to fix it in their 30’s. But not everyone is like this.

>> No.19818885

it's past 4:45am and I can't sleep. I work at 8. what do you do when you can't sleep?

>> No.19818887

https://youtu.be/DCzgMI6g91Q

>> No.19818888

This is the better thread

>> No.19818891

>Smart women are usually career oriented and have no interest in dating unless its PhD 7 figures >Roasties have no interest in dating unless its double digit body count giga chad 6'5 gym rat how does an average man cope with this /lit/?

>> No.19818967

I love the smell of newly bought books. The essence of paper virginity.

>> No.19818982

>>19818877
Everyone is too busy working to have anything but casual sex. It's the worst end for the west.

>> No.19819001
File: 10 KB, 222x227, angryjak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I get a warning for my Nietzsche hate thread where I actually wanted to have a conversation about how he sucks

>> No.19819006

I'm class posting. Got a Screenwriting lesson atm. My teacher has run out of steam, dubs decide what I do.

>> No.19819014
File: 129 KB, 1065x426, Saving literature.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19819001
I've recently realized that the strongest revolt against the current regime and its evils is to have genuine quality discussion, on anything. This place and the internet in general is so inundated by worthless trash precisely because the goal, ulterior or otherwise, is to eliminate the context that makes discourse possible. Everyone has been psychologically trained and conditioned to preclude this. We are almost at the point where it is impossible.

Effort posting is rebellion. Everything else is tranny noise in the wind.

>> No.19819026

>>19818831
not very good

>> No.19819071
File: 71 KB, 600x602, 1622302278695.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just checked the average board activity for this site. I knew it was bad, but holy fuck.

>> No.19819075
File: 144 KB, 296x375, qr8Kxod.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19819026
"Not very good" he wrote. expecting some anon to put in effort writing in a 4chan thread.

>> No.19819095

>>19819014
amen, anon
I'm going to be contributing soon

>> No.19819097

>>19819071
4chan is dead
literature is dead
video games are dead
TV is dead
welcome to the new age

>> No.19819115

For me is really over, I have to go to a place where I will almost certainly meet a few good ex friends with which I had a very bad friendship ending. I have no idea of what to expect and I feel very nervous.

>> No.19819116

>>19819097
>video games are dead
>TV is dead
god i wish

>> No.19819127

>>19818891
You know I'm not gonna pretend like this isn't a generally true trend. There is obviously truth to those points. However, anecdotally I have plenty of friends with girlfriends that don't fit those characterisations. I think it's easy to give into defeatism and give up before you even try. One of the unhealthy things about online communities like 4chan etc is that they reinforce defeatist mindsets when real life is a lot more complex.

>> No.19819167

>>19818877
The internet allows women to benefit from their beauty, bodies, and personalities at scale using online platforms, but this is a short term strategy to get the most resources they can while it lasts. Those women who do this (and not all women do) will still probably want a partner or a family down the track. In my experience, most women want the wedding and the family. I think they are just getting a lot of mixed messages, especially about the career stuff, but they also get an exaggerated sense of their value and their options and what league they are in from technology (social media, dating apps) and hookup culture. The average woman gets wildly more positive attention than the average (straight) man, and it would be easy to lean into it too much and misjudging how deep the attention goes and how long it lasts in your life.

The problem for average men is that the impacts of technology have worked against them. Average masculinity doesn't sell or scale well because it is harder for the average man to appear competent, athletic, wealthy, funny, or high in social status when the social context is expanded across the entire city, country, or globe. An average man might have a few good qualities, but there are millions of other men out there who have all of it and more. So the average man (not to mention men who are below average) can experience the same social media and dating apps as a frustrating and defeating slog, even though they are perfectly adequate men in reality. It's easy to see men responding badly to those feelings, falling through the cracks, becoming bitter losers, and generally believing they are permanently doomed to be much lower status than they really are.

>> No.19819178 [DELETED] 
File: 58 KB, 976x850, Go On.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We are all Anon. We all believe the same things. We all do the same things. We all have the same interests. Anyone who doesnt, doesnt belong and is bad. We all love each other. This is not a cult. It is a simple anime image board.

Now ironically drink the coolaid so that we may ascend pain and subvert expectation.

>> No.19819210
File: 322 KB, 840x1067, d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818841
>No.. no.. I clean

>> No.19819234

I have no idea why I have such a primal fear of sex. Isnt it a most basic human thing bodywise?

>> No.19819242
File: 89 KB, 667x319, 16380180249970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818877
The sooner you realize women aren't people the happier you will be. Serious question, why do you think anyone should want to get married? Marriage only exists as a function for inheritance and child rearing, neither of which has any meaning anymore. Your family name is meaningless, most people will never own property, and you have to be mentally incompetent to want to have children in the modern age.

You already know deep down what life is about, and it definitely isn't about the life people will have after yours.

>> No.19819247

>>19819234
Fear of the unknown. Once people have sex they seem to lose a lot of self respect and dignity.
All my childhood and teen sexual experiences were negative so ive been having a hard time getting over that and taking my relationships further so that might have to do with it as well.

>> No.19819264

>>19819242
>Your family name is meaningless,
yours maybe

>> No.19819270
File: 15 KB, 648x734, 1599996287176.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19819242
>Marriage only exists as a function for inheritance and child rearing, neither of which has any meaning anymore. Your family name is meaningless, most people will never own property, and you have to be mentally incompetent to want to have children in the modern age.

>> No.19819282

>>19818760
>>19819001
>>19819242
>>19819270
>wojaks

>> No.19819284

>>19819242
>doesnt understand the meaning of family
>doesnt understand the point of marriage
You have no life experience. Get a job and call your mother.

>> No.19819288

>soijack
Yikes.

>>19819264
All family names are meaningless in the modern globalized reality we live in. Family names exist because they could differentiate you, your relatives, your lands, and your deeds in whatever locale you descended from. None of these things have significance anymore, for example even if you still have deeds to share (almost functionally impossible) you've no-one to share them with, there is no staying power in anything anymore, your name is vestigial, history if it still exists doesn't need anyone in particular now.

>> No.19819293

>>19819288
Kill yourself already low IQ mutant

>> No.19819299

>>19819293
>upset because I questioned his antiquated fantasies that have no bearing on the world anymore
>thinks he is policing or improving anything
>actually lowering level of discourse to retardation
Let me try and put this in terms you might understand...

Sad! many such cases! buzzword buzzword buzzword

>> No.19819300

>>19819247
>Once people have sex they seem to lose a lot of self respect and dignity
How so?

>> No.19819304

>>19819293
>claims others are low IQ
>posts wojaks

>> No.19819307
File: 87 KB, 876x802, lutherapu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19819242
>everyone should embrace atomization and empty hedonism in a war of all against all
I wonder who could be behind this post.

>> No.19819309

>>19819242
>Serious question, why do you think anyone should want to get married?
I can't help but notice no-one even tried to answer.

>> No.19819333

>>19819300
Because usually when people have sex its for the sake of empty pleasure, debasing themselves to some degree psychologically.

>> No.19819346

>>19819309
Its self evident. There is no point to empty hedonism. There is no gain in it. There is gain in having someone to share your life with and to help you build structure and sanctity for your children and help them to have the best outcome you can possibly give them.
Do you really need someone to spell these things out for you?

>> No.19819378

>>19819234
Nudity.
You are naked.
You are exposed.
You are vulnerable - both physically, because you're naked. And emotionally.

>> No.19819388

>>19819378
Oh, that does sound scary when you put in this way. No wonder Im a wizard.

>> No.19819421

>>19819234
It's most likely that you are not afraid of sex, but afraid of something else, like being vulnerable in front of someone else that will see all the flaws of your body and the "dirty" side of your personality, failing the act or failing to satisfy your partner and humiliating yourself because of this.

>Isnt it a most basic human thing bodywise?
Never underestimate the capacity of the human brain to suppress its own instincts. There are people that die of starvation because they have anorexia and can't eat anymore.

>> No.19819429

>>19819346
Frankly I don't think you answered the question at all, just restated it with a lot of handwaving. Suggesting something is superior isn't the same thing as explaining why. What do you even mean by gain? You don't keep anything after you die after all. Or is your argument religious?

>> No.19819440

>>19818760
I got it, i figured out how existence comes from non existence. in non existence there is no constraint on what can exist, therefore in the beginning everything existed, both imaginable and unimaginable. But because God is something and everything existed, God existed, God being the greatest possible being. Because God was the greatest possible being, he subjugated all the other everythings that existed, and became the determiner of what exists and what does not exist, thus defining and constraining reality from nothing and therefore everything to something. logic and reason and matter and all the stuff in our universe is purely arbitrary and only exists because everything existed. But God then determined, by being the greatest possible being, that these things exist first, and other unimaginable things which have the potential to exist and existed in the beginning do not exist. Reality starts with zero constraint, and this zero constraint produces a being who can constrain reality. and so you go from nothing existing to everything existing to a constrained reality existing.

>> No.19819444

>>19819429
your so called "argument" is laughable and based on inexperience. What you are basically saying is "I dont understand the value of something so it must have no value". Your so called retorts are nothing but low iq buzzwords and meme arguments. So ill say this being argumentative is not the same as having an argument.

>> No.19819447

I do not understand why it is so difficult to excuse oneself from this world. The self-preservation instinct ceases to make sense to me, as some people simply have no place here and do not contribute anything, only live to work to consume to decay to expire. Why must they toil for decades first, why not just commit the logical conclusion? To those with no ties in this world, and yet, the hesitation is there. Truly they are just here to exist and suffer. This, they imagine, must be what hell is, existence only to suffer.

As is the fact that haunts them, that if they had never existed at all, oh how much more pleasant the world would have been and all the pain and hurt spared from others.

>> No.19819485

>>19819444
I didn't even propose an argument. That is a staggering amount of deflection.

>> No.19819518

we'll probably never see eachother again.
I'll probably keep believing she cares about me.
it's likely this will matter to me, although not certain.
I'll probably marry someone else. I'll love them a very different way. Some things are probably lost. It'll probably be ok.

>> No.19819525

it's a shame these threads are on roughly a 24 hour cycle where the thread is always dead after burger-hours. I kinnae reply to all the burgers then, when I wake up.

>> No.19819532

>>19819525
when was the last time a burger had anything meaningful or insightful to say

>> No.19819534

>>19818870
irreverence, really. irreverence, pride and an attempt at goodwill, I think. This attempt fails, due to the pride. There's a reason morality was typically derived from men either born without desire (prophets) or saints who had conquered theirs. Who can claim to have conquered his desires in this world? Hell, governance by consensus is a popularity contest.

>> No.19819535

big dicks will rule the world

>> No.19819537

>>19819532
it would be something to do

>> No.19819544

>>19819421
>being vulnerable in front of someone else that will see all the flaws of your body and the "dirty" side of your personality
Yeah, that's the one but instead of "dirty" side I'm afraid of girl realizing that everything leading to this moment is just an act and I'm just an empty person.

>> No.19819560

>>19819535
not if I chop them off first

>> No.19819579

>>19819544
are you truly empty? what are your hobbies? what are your interests, what you like to read about? what are the things that give you excitement and enthusiasm?
also, most people put on some kind of mask when dating, trying to be what they think will be the most attractive to the other person, sometimes out of insecurity, other times out of dishonesty

>> No.19819583
File: 307 KB, 1534x2048, 840093898.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Need me some bomb ass pussy, no I will not put any work in. I am owned sex.

>> No.19819591

>>19818877
women want really rich guys, I mean really rich and wealthy, I'm talking about Trump and the like, your average joe regular 9 to 5er won't cut it for them

>> No.19819605

I think I failed again. I don't even feel sad at this point, I feel nothing, my mind is empty, my body just want to rest for good.

>> No.19819606

>>19819579
I might not be an empty person but I feel like one (it's been for over 15 years). My interests and reading revolves about trying to understand myself but ironically I feel like the more I do it, the more I distance myself from myself. I dont really feel subtle emotions of excitement and enthusiasm. It's only anger and sadness. I have no problem understanding that people do "cover" their weak aspects or areas when it comes to dating but I want to be honest about myself with other people (and in dating). It seems like it's the worst way to go because everything revolves about narcissistic smoke and mirrors.

>> No.19819616

>>19819583
sauce on pic?

>> No.19819632

>>19819583
thanks for reminding me to wank

>> No.19819677

>>19818760
Haven't left my house in six days. I'm too nervous to leave until my psych appointment tomorrow. I've been reading a lot, though. Have to finish some Schopenhauer by next week for a discussion. Finishing Don Quixote today.

>> No.19819685

>>19818784
I think it has something to do with the fact that the amount of jobs or money that can be considered "making it" is trending downward as the middle class disappears. So you have to fight to stay ahead of that curve.

>> No.19819725

>>19819677
Read some real philosophy instead of Schopenhauer the substack blogger

>> No.19819746

>>19819725
Whats wrong with Schop?

>> No.19819747

>>19819685
a kind of collective status collapse? interesting idea

>> No.19819754

you have no idea how far being actually pleasant will get you with women. being pleasant in order to get women is not being actually pleasant. please just chill the fuck out. you are not out of hte game because you are not making 7 figures. poor people have been falling in love for ever.

>> No.19819769

>>19819754
>being actually pleasant will get you with women
>being pleasant in order to get women is not being actually pleasant
whats the difference?

>> No.19819780

>>19819769
intention. one is for them, for the sake of good spirit and courtesy (being actually pleasant), and the other is for you. it's a completely different thing. I'm sure there exist men who are able to fake it and "get pussy". You social persona should not be geared toward getting pussy. Even if you did this would be a waste of a life, and I'm not sure it even pertains to love. Just play nice and see what comes along. This is my advice to you, o youth of the sad internet.

>> No.19819786

>>19818877
>good STEM jobs
aka a total sausage fest

>> No.19819832

>>19819780
dont women see pleasant guys as meek and weak ones?

>> No.19819840

>>19819832
no. these two things do not have to go together at all.

>> No.19819902

wait why the fuck did I go on a thing with niko
why
why the fuck did I do that
this is some dark chapter man. why in the fuck. what was happening at the time. why would I ever go on a thing with niko? ever? this is gonna get... I'm gonna think less of myself once I understand this.

>> No.19819908
File: 57 KB, 655x385, gta-4-roman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19819902
Niiicoo!! My cousin!
Let's go play some bowling

>> No.19819912

>>19819902
this is very interesting. I was falling apart already. This shouldn't come as a shock, but I really, really was. This is a new angle. I always thought it came after, but I don't think so. Why was I so unhappy is the question. I hadn't been. I thought it was a particular thing that fucked me up, but I don't think so anymore. There are a couple of memories, niko among them. I was fucked. Why. It's not a surprise but it's.. I was so immensely insecure. I thought that came after, but I don't think so.

>> No.19819934

>>19818767
Then you need to go back to your old board

>> No.19819935

The sun is really fucking cool.
I love it's warmness.

>> No.19819961

>>19818760
So I've had this fetish at least since I was in middle school (prob even before) where if I'm in a public place (like a library) with a lot of chairs and I see a cute girl with a cushiony bottom (especially one wearing a skirt) and she's sitting on a chair I secretly hope that once she gets up I'll have the opportunity to sit in that same chair and just luxuriate in the warmth that her derriere and nether regions imparted to the chair. It's especially hot if she was just wearing a thin dress or skirt over her butt because it means there was less separation between her sweaty butt imbued underwear and the chair I'm now sitting on.

>> No.19819977
File: 102 KB, 1013x1024, IMG_20220127_075134_379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818760

>> No.19819985

I havent changed my underwear in 2 days

>> No.19820005

>>19819985
keep us updated

>> No.19820025

>>19819754
Or with anyone, really. It's like switching on easy mode

>> No.19820055

>>19819985
once I wore the same underwear for 3 weeks and only changed because I sharted

>> No.19820087

>>19820055
I kneel

>> No.19820113

>>19820025
how to be pleasant?

>> No.19820118
File: 91 KB, 1263x2000, How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19820113
Book 4 u

>> No.19820128

it's fucking incredible that someone managed to finally crack the code and make a semi-successful manpurse. Just hang something on a footballer long enough

>> No.19820135

>>19820118
does it even apply in current time?

>> No.19820153

>>19820135
I dont know I never read it

>> No.19820158

>>19820128
>Just hang something on a footballer long enough
what about an ftm penis

>> No.19820178

>>19820128
are you talking about the bags people wear across the front of their chest? thats drug dealer culture (or at least originated from it)

>> No.19820183

how do i get over normies giving me bad vibes and just socialize so i can run my life
every time i do it i smell death from all the disingeniousness so i have to get away as soon as possible

>> No.19820195

>>19820183
>>19820118

>> No.19820222

>>19820178
>thats drug dealer culture (or at least originated from it)
oh shit I didn't know that

>> No.19820239

>>19820178
Its amazing how much negro culture influences america.

>> No.19820250

I really think a large part of genius comes from having to find ways to communicate things that normal people just say

>> No.19820282
File: 341 KB, 1771x2480, 9781527503984.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A copy of picrel (https://cambridgescholars.com/product/978-1-5275-0398-4)) was confiscated from a woman's house after she was arrested for the dangerous hate crime of riding around on her mobility scooter (she's a fiftysomething disabled lass) and putting up """anti-trans""" posters, here in Bongland.

How much harder can clownworld clown?

>> No.19820300

whats that japanese / chinese term that means annoying but it’s like a polite thing. Whenever someone enters a room, their behavior is considered rude/annoying if they don’t act as culturally expected. so its like an annoyance towards other that perpetually carried by default by everyone.

>> No.19820330

So I made a post yesterday about how pornography might be traumatizing an entire generation of children. I just found this video
https://youtu.be/JWQMCFTy8ps
Skip to about 4:10. Most of the video is stupid, but he offers a very interesting point that ties into my theory of a whole generstion of sexually traumatized youth.

He says that theres a recent surge of girls wanting to transition into males because they see violent fetishist porn. They associate womanhood and female sexuality with being sexually abused per the porn. Therefore, they reject their bodies and would rather be males.
Now recall what I said yesterday. I said that a lot of what young people are doing is the same type of behavior the sexually abused perform. We KNOW that girls who were molested try to reject womanhood and femininity. If not by outright "transitioning" they will do it by shaving their heads, dressing ugly, tattooing and piercing, etc. I think this is another piece of evidence that viewing porn at a young age is a form of sexual abuse.

Should also be interesting to note that this youtube video is a catholic video. The point he made is common among terfs. There should be an alignment between terfs and traditionalists

>> No.19820354

I think I developed a persecution complex because I couldn't understand why nobody loved me. It had to be something, right? So I judged myself severely, and assumed everyone else judged me the same, since they did not love me. And so now I judge them the same.

>> No.19820381

>>19820330
Obviously, high school boys are trying the degrading porn acts on their girlfriends, often leaving them with psychological & even physical scars (e.g. obsession with anal & having a girl "feel" it, i.e. experience pain or having them gag on their penises; choking sex is another common fetish they pick up, because when you joke a girl nearly to the point of unconsciousness their vaginas supposedly reflexively contract, etc).

>> No.19820383

>>19820330
I’ve never liked bdsm, but the specific kind of porn here is the kind this site allows to be peddled. Abuse, playacted or genuine rape and general abuse, is shared here and in greater quantities than pedophilia used to be. They’re not not just viewing porn, they’re seeing what the males are after.
This thread is for the uppity /qa/ non-readers, anon. Why are you telling them? They hate women.

(I have been trying to express my alignment with traditional values worth keeping and improved social norms to keep nasty traits to a minimum)

>> No.19820412

>>19820330
imo porn should be locked behind a credit card like it used to be and limited to softcore imagery with no actual sex, just the female form (the only thing i can get off to these days anyway lmao)

>> No.19820414

>>19819242
yeah, let's just fuck twinks, right? fuck you faggot, this is why our society is becoming worse by day and homosexuality is on the rise, God damn I fucking hate incels

>> No.19820433

>>19820414
You do realize that a twink converted into a cute femme tranny is last best hope for the majority of incels passed age 30? I'd be basically inhumane to shame incels into not considering this potentially sanity-saving resource.

>> No.19820434
File: 2.93 MB, 540x960, 1641864323742.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19820330
Those FTM transsexuals, do they even watch porn? They always struck me as the type to rather read smut fanfics of Naruto or My Hero Academia and fanboy over KPOP.

Alt/Goth girls is more something I can associate with sexual abuse and wearing their SA on their sleeve. Those kinds of girls are also commonly assumed to be kinky.

>> No.19820442

>>19820433
Yeah idc I just realized that faggotry beccomes accepted into the "right-wing" community and is fucking disgusting.

>> No.19820493

>>19819977
We are all fucked. But if it makes you feel better, i hope you find some peace

>> No.19820496

>>19820195
fuck you

>> No.19820497

>>19820330
At what age do kids start watching porn these days? When I was a teenager it started at elementary school. Every 14 years old boy was either watching porn or was being peer pressured to watch. I myself caved in at 15. This wasn't even America or Europe but a religious country. It probably has gone way worse since then. Kids become addicted to porn without knowing what it is and how badly it damages them.

>> No.19820503

>>19820497
>elementary school
I meant middle school*

>> No.19820514

>>19820330
porn is bad is le meme

>> No.19820523

>>19820118
can confirm

>> No.19820571

I’ve gone too far in terms of sexuality. I’ve explored every sexual thing I care to, straight, gay, fetishes of the most disgusting nature. First I got tired of women. Then I got tired of trannies. Then I got tired of men. Then I got tired of furry porn. It’s been months and I haven’t been turned on by anything. It’s like finishing a movie or a game, or a book. I can’t rewatch something I’ve seen 100 times like that.

I’ve masturbated myself into a eunuch. My teeth are falling out, my hair is falling out, I become weaker every day, I often think about suicide. I’m agoraphobic and egotistical to the point of mental illness, which I have also been diagnosed with. I’ve tried so many pills, none of them work. They’re not only nothing but band aids, they don’t even work as band aids. They don’t work as supplements. Once my left eye goes blind, which I’m afraid it will, I’ll be going out. A NEET lifestyle. I read books but it doesn’t improve my life, I take up hobbies and quit them after I’m convinced this will be the thing that saves me. I have no friends. Nobody will miss me except my mom. I just want the pain to stop, and at this point I think I’m accepting that philosophically speaking, there may be no god, practically speaking there is no point to living, so it must be moral to die.

>> No.19820578

>>19819440
That's an interesting way of putting it, anon. Aritculate, and concise. Thank you. Hopefully I'll remember it when my high wares off. Fingers crossed.

>> No.19820582

>>19820414
>noo you can't just have sex
>you're probably gay
>god damn incel
P R O J E C T I O N
R
O

>> No.19820586

>>19820571
based post-coomer

>> No.19820590

>thread full of sexually dysfunction losers
>'yes but what about society?'

>> No.19820600

>>19820497
Most kids view porn by 10 years old
>>19820514
It is

>> No.19820623

>>19820571
post arm

>> No.19820630

>>19820571
>fetishes of the most disgusting nature

You have my complete sympathies anon, but you could elaborate, for the sake of future anons that unwittingly be going down your path, what these most disgusting fetishes were? Btw, oftentimes it's darkest before the dawn

>> No.19820676

>>19820514
porn is good is le meme

>> No.19820698

https://files.catbox.moe/viydix.mp4
damm

>> No.19820703

>>19820600
>It is
how?
>inb4 you become addicted
anything in high quantities is bad for you whether it's drugs, alcohol, television, internet or sugar
>>19820676
not saying it's necessarily "good" either

>> No.19820729

>>19818877
>Do women still want to get married/start families with average men, or is it all about social media likes and hook ups with hot guys from tinder for them?

All the women that want to do this are homebodies or get snatched up in their early 20s. The woman still in the pool are there because they are undesirable, whores, or career oriented bugmen. I've been with my fiance since she was 19 and I was 24. The women my age and slightly older at the time were not the type to ever settle down with and the women our age my friends date are all a fucking nightmare.

>> No.19820761

hit myself in the eye with a bit of cardboard while i was trying to put it on my dog's head like a crown and was briefly convinced i'd blinded myself in one of my only eyes. didn't really mind. i take this in my stride as a sign that even were i to lose sight in one eye i would be UNDETERRED and triumphant nonetheless.

>> No.19820782

>>19820381
jfc the comment on the chocking made me so horny

>> No.19820788

>>19820729
>career oriented bugmen
You know, your post just made me realise that there is really only one gender of bugman. It is neither precisely male nor female (which explains why in large part they are entirely at ease with the notion of taking their biological identity and stomping it into the ground like it never mattered). The "male presenting bugman" is really too feminised to be properly considered masculine in any sense. Whereas the "female presenting bugman" lacks almost feminine qualities whatsoever.

>> No.19820839
File: 635 KB, 683x749, katz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how do you guys read your books?
i one-hand, death grip it like this and usually underline parts that i like or want to remember. what about you?

>> No.19820846

>>19820578
God is not the greatest possible being, he is wrong. God is not limited to being "possible".

>> No.19820863
File: 40 KB, 680x680, 5a7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I swear to god Reddit nihilists are the biggest fucking retards in existence. The fucking "you can't prove a negative" shit is the worst thing to happen to philosophy. Now you have all of these 13-year-old retards making affirmative claims while not understanding they need to prove them.

Also then, and the man I like carl sagan as a scientist but not a philosopher, they say oh well you don't have any evidence against GNOMES do you? But you literally have a ton of evidence against gnomes. Then the fucking retards keep redefining what a gnome is until it's not really a gnome, ruining the main point.

Fuck I am so mad right now.

>> No.19820895

>>19820782
No duh, it's one example of how easily porn pathologizes the male mind. Btw, sexual asphyxiation can be incredibly dangerous, and that's without counting the ever more common cases of intentionally depraved sexual choking to which unwitting women are being subjected by males who've developed what is essentially a quasi-necrophile fetish. There was a famous criminal case in New Zealand concerning precisely just such an act of sexual depravity a few years back. Needless to say all this is being fueled by an unchecked epidemic of extreme porn in the West.

>> No.19820912

>>19820703
>not saying it's necessarily "good" either
N.

You're unnecesarily muddying the water. You know just as well as anyone else that, when discussed, pornography isn't mentioned as an action/event within a vacuum.

I won't go so far as to catagorically label it "bad". To claim, however, that the prevailing narrative regarding pornography, the "you can have your cake and eat it too" sentiment, the "it's normal and therefor it is healthy", is not only "neutral" but that it should be tolerated, is intentionally subvertive, and should be treated as such.

So yes, everything in moderation, as your post is clearly trying to imply. Issue is, some things are found in such concentrated quantities, that you very quickly surpass that point at which it becomes toxic/lethal. Heroin is a great examle of this. You don't, however, see people pushing heroine as a part of everyday normal life. Pornography is no different.

>inb4 porn addiction isn't real
Don't care. Didn't ask. Simply because your not physically ingesting/injecting/inhaling x or y chemicle, doesn't mean links/feedback loops can't (and infact do) get made between behavior, and their physio-chemicle consequences. Loops involving super-normal stimuli especially so. You see it with neurotics (OCD, for instance). These people, technically, aren't addicted. And yet they fall back on these behavior patterns with the same ferocity addicts seek out heroine. All just to maintain some sort of equilibrium.

>>19820846
>all proofs of god are, in the last analysis, not to speak of their veracity, an expression of faith
Bro, I appreciate the concern, but shut the fuck up talking to me. I'm high, and have a lukewarm IQ besides.I was simply thanking another anon for taking the time to not only write something, but to do so in such a manner that a troglodyte could understand. Hairsplit elsewhere.

>>19820863
Their young, either literally, and therefore the unfounded arrogance is understandable, or mentally, which is also understandable. Have patience with the former. Handle the latter with velvet gloves.

>> No.19820915

>>19820703
>it is not le good and not le bad!
>I have no knowledge on a subject so there must not be any!

>> No.19820931

>>19820912
>Hairsplit elsewhere.
this is not hairsplitting. to say that God relates to non being as being is wrong. To place God ontologically as being on the same side of a being/non-being divide as yourself is wrong. This is absolutely critical information.

>> No.19820961
File: 230 KB, 1440x1194, 54eaa2ca898f91f34044716dfe46b9c6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19820912
>Their young, either literally, and therefore the unfounded arrogance is understandable, or mentally, which is also understandable. Have patience with the former. Handle the latter with velvet gloves.

Fuck man I'm trying, but they're not willing to do the bare minium to challenge their own beliefs.

For example, one claimed that no one provided proof, I then proceed to ask him what proof would be acceptable to prove morality to meaning, he then proceeded to say he didn't know.

How the fuck can you claim that none of the proofs worked when you don't even understand what a proof would look like?

>> No.19820995

>>19820863
Its funny because you're the other side of the same coin; Immature and insecure.

>> No.19821003

>>19820703
Every single study or examination on porn consumption has demonstrated that it has harmful effects both neurologically and behaviourally. None has ever showed the effects to be non impactful

>> No.19821004

>>19820995
>Its funny because you're the other side of the same coin; Immature and insecure.

Insecure sure. The argument isn't forcing that there has to be an objective meaning or morality or anything but to simply dismiss these things (which I think the majority of modern philosophers believe in) without justification is just silly.

>> No.19821022

>>19820381
I feel a lot of guilt because I did this to my high school gf. I imposed all my fetishes on her. She was a virgin and she watched porn. She was also friends with progressive sex positive types. We both thought it was normal but in hindsight I think it did a lot of emotional harm to both of us.
>>19820383
Well this is just about the only place where I can off topic post about what I want. People on /lit/ are less retarded than most other boards where I might be able to post this, like /pol/ for example.
Anyway I really like the idea of a terf-trad alliance. Terfs actually have a lot in common with trads. I think there could bea fruitful exchanhe between the two

>> No.19821024

>>19820434
Arent those ftms also looking at weird gender bending hentai? That counts as porn

>> No.19821031

>>19821003
what are these effects?

>> No.19821050

>>19820729
How do I get homebody waifu? I want to meet them but they never leave their fucking houses

>> No.19821053 [DELETED] 

>>19821050
they have jobs and theyre shy and a little homely

>> No.19821055

>>19820931
>well ackchyually personified
To say anything about God, capital G, is to limit him, you mong. The alternative is not to speak of him at all, bar in negatives which you'll notice is boring.

> This is absolutely critical information.
Oh yeah? Why, you nerd?

>>19820995
Please elaborate. I'd love to see how far down your throat your foot will
go.

>> No.19821056

I was sexually abused as a child by my parents. This happened not through some overt physical molestation but through simple neglect. My parents allowed me unfettered access to the internet, video games, and movies. The film The Dictator taught me how to masturbate (at 10 years old), and since then I started watching obsessively watching porn. One day as a young child I stumbled across dominatrix porn, a disgusting fetish which I still have to this day.
I am now a deformed, sexually depraved pervert. And all because my parents were afraid of restricting my "freedom".

>> No.19821059

there is no escape. i live like a man in an empty white room forever. the brain scatters, eventually you lose control, reality slips and your mind becomes a chaotic babble of voices spewing meaningless haze

>> No.19821062

>>19821031
same anon
the one I've really thought about is that it is really horrible to imagine being a scenarion where you really like a woman very much but you worry you can't maintain an erection cus she doesn't have model good looks. Like if I wasn't wired toward 8/10 or higher women the pool of women I could.. well I don't know, but it worries me sometimes if I think someone could be wife-able but I think "what if"

>> No.19821068

>>19821050
they have jobs and theyre shy and a little homely. your friend has a sister, coworker a daughter, friend a friend. if youre presenting as a respectable guy people will offer them up to you

>> No.19821089

>>19821055
>To say anything about God, capital G, is to limit him, you mong. The alternative is not to speak of him at all, bar in negatives which you'll notice is boring.
how did you come to this conclusion?

>> No.19821098

If you are a male and have a functioning cock and balls, do not even try to fucking lie that you do not watch porn and don't jerk off. Everyone has to bust a nut somehow and that's the easiest way

>> No.19821105

>>19821031
Psychologically it desensitizes the routine user and causes them to reflexively seek out more and more extreme sex acts in order to recapture something of the original "high" they experienced when they were still relatively novel users of porn. This not uncommonly results in them becoming dependent on certain categories of porn such as: cuck porn; bbc; trap & mtf transexual porn; urophilia & scatology; simulated or quasi real violent misogynistic porn; bestiality; and then there's the slippery slope from, for example, Japanese clothed "junior idols" to darkweb cp, etc.

>> No.19821107

sunlight is oppressive, warmth is mind-boggling, the darkness is nowhere to be found, and sooner or later you will run from the cold

>> No.19821109

>>19821098
You're a coomer bro. Yes you'll get blue balls from not masturbating but this will be rectified naturally through wet dreams.
I haven't watched porn in years. I do still masturbate sometimes though but I'm trying to stop.

>> No.19821115

>>19821089
I'm not him, but I went from atheist to agnostic when I realized that certain conceptions of God can just break the rules of logic.

I don't think about it much more than that, but it's a similar line of thinking

>> No.19821124

>>19821105
this is probably true, I agree. it's very interesting if you imagine that sex in itself is full of symbolism of male/female and roles and so on. It's also interesting that, I imagine, most relationships only end up dabbling mildly rather than going through phase after phase of new sex acts. It doesn't seem like sex with a partner has to go through these hoops.

>> No.19821130
File: 27 KB, 320x320, that_s_how_it_is_on_this_bitch_of_an_earth_by_deadrkgk_dbpg16g-fullview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821089

>> No.19821132

>>19821098
I only watch /s/-tier pics

>> No.19821135

>>19821089
Thats a standard Neo Platonic stance. A definition is a limit. God, per Platonic reasoning, is beyond category because category is subject to a heirarchy. To define God is to place Him under a constraint and therefore limit Him. Once limited He ceases to be God.
Look into Paul Tillich. He's a contemporary theologian who proposes this

>> No.19821139

>>19821109
>but this will be rectified naturally through wet dreams.
I have stopped for longer periods of time and this has never happened to me. The longest was about two months I think, but I was traveling and emaciated, and frankly I didn't even think about it. At full health and at home with a computer etc a little over three weeks at most. But I don't think I've woken up to cum more than once in my life, and I was probably 12.

>> No.19821149

>>19821135
not that anon but what is God?

>> No.19821151

>>19821135
sure, what I really wanted to know if it was an intellectual or an experiential tihng, and if experiential whether or not drugs were involved.
>>19821130
I take it you are the gentleman in question so, there it is

>> No.19821154

>leftists and communists had the entire period 1950-2022 to utterly dominate and micromanage the academy to teach whatever they like to the best and brightest of almost a century of youths with infinite funding and infinite sympathy
>2022
>all they did was become massive fags, enable pedophiles and narcissistic sex weirdos to annoy everybody
>and create the exact inverse of right wing ethnonationalism by nonstop screaming "I BET YOU WON'T, I BET YOU WON'T BECOME A WHITE NATIONALIST AND OVERTURN ALL THIS, I BET YOU WON'T DO IT, I BET YOU WON'T WHITE BITCH, FUCK YOU WHITE BITCH, DO IT IF YOU CAN, YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T A PEDOPHILE OR A FREAK YOU WHITE BITCH, WHITENESS IS THE ONLY ALTERNATIVE TO BEING A PEDO FREAK, I BET YOU WON'T BECOME A WHITE NATIONALIST MOTHERFUCKER"
>mfw

>> No.19821159
File: 1.41 MB, 480x196, i-think-i-kinda-want-it.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821154
forgot pic

and i'm not even white

>> No.19821176

>>19821149
The classical answer is Being or the Ground of Being. So to Plato God is the highest Idea, to Aristotle pure Act sans potency. The Neoplatonists and Christians synthesized and expounded on these. Eitenee Gilson has written several books detailing this historical development.
For a basic intro to the concept go research the Principle of Divine Conservsation

>> No.19821194

>>19821176
Isn't Aristotle's "highest" being the self-contemplating God that draws on reality by acting as the final cause of all things, but not acting upon them as an efficient cause?

Pure matter as potential is at the bottom of his system, the opposite end, and it's questionable whether he believed in an actual substance called "hule," or whether hule was just an abstract description for different kinds of matter. Hule literally just means "materials used for building something." It's like saying "the parts" or "the building materials" when building something. A chair's hule is wood or carbon molecules or whatever you prefer, but there is no "raw hule." That's one view anyway.

>> No.19821210

I need sex or I might die.

>> No.19821218

>>19821109
>You're a coomer bro
everybody is a "coomer" bro

>> No.19821224

>>19821151
>I take it you are the gentleman in question so
Spot on. Sharp eyes.

>...intellectual or an experiential tihng
I'd like to think these are intimately connected.

>drugs
No. Although, coincidentaly, I have dabbled with high dose psychelics. Need to bite the bullet and buy more spores.

>> No.19821231

>>19821194
From what I've read is that Prime Matter is purely abstract and that no matter exists without Form. A state of pure potentiality is basically non existence. But thats just a neo scholastic perspective I've read.

>> No.19821232

>>19820839
I never bend books like the guy in your picture, also never underline shit or write in books, I think it's disgusting. I try to be very gentle and careful with my books as much as I can.

>> No.19821235

My skin stings under my clothes from the cold.

>> No.19821248

>it's over edition
I (M25) am insecure about my genitals. If I pull up the pubic skin around my cock and balls it looks like my cock is coming out of a hole in my pelvis. It even looks like theres a lip or precipice directly above my penis when I do this. Obviously can't post, but it's bothering me. My member is otherwise completely functional and has a normal shape and size. I'm not a tranny but I am worried that there's something wrong with my penis :(

>> No.19821255
File: 52 KB, 604x586, 1421582828728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's your latest interest/hobby/phase?

>> No.19821259

>>19821248
Just go to a urologist and have it checked out.

>> No.19821271
File: 19 KB, 250x334, 250px-MISSIONNAIRES_MORMONS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821224
did you ever consider organised religion? the picture is a joke btw

>> No.19821274

>>19821271
I'm not so much after the organisation necessarily as I am the recognition of a prophet/master/what-have-you (but at least in some semi-respectable tradition pls)

>> No.19821276

>>19821098
> Everyone has to bust a nut somehow...
No. You do not. You just have low-impulse control, and have inundated yourself with erotica since youth, exacerbating a already viscious feedback loop. You're suffering from porn induced brain rot. Congratulations.

>...and that's the easiest way
And consequently the most unfullfilling. Surprise, surprise.

>>19821218
No. They are not. Words have meaning, you tit.

>> No.19821277

you're a "coomer" if your right she wears faster than your left due to the extra weight

>> No.19821283

>>19820497
I first watched porn at age 12. But that's not technically true since all I saw were nude pics in low resolution. This is how a lot of people used to be since slow internet was the norm. Kids now probably start closer to 10

>> No.19821290

>>19820497
a thing to know is that before the internet men would keep porn-stashes out in the woods and such, and pretend to go out with the dog or something and jerk off. magazines. I think I discovered my first stash when I was like 8. So it's not only an internet thing.

>> No.19821298
File: 64 KB, 500x500, artworks-000050427230-f98gpe-t500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821276
this is you typing all of it out

>> No.19821304

>>19821298
>smokes cigarettes
though I've mocked you and dismayed you you're a cooler guy than I am Gunga Din

>> No.19821312

>>19821304
fuck I should have added
"I'll out-live you and out-laid you-"
god damn I was close

>> No.19821317
File: 2.84 MB, 640x458, amogus.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821271
As of right now, it feels superfical. True faith, it such a thing exists, seems to be a grace. Something that happens to you, rather than some you bring about yourself.

Why?

>>19821274
Sus? Imposter?

>>19821298
Dude looks chill. Would share a beer with/10. Passive aggresive adhom not accepted. Get nae-naed on, loser.

>> No.19821330

>>19821290
Old timey porn is an altogether different species of thing compared to the addictive, mind-warping potential of *free* contemporary internet porn.

>> No.19821339

>>19821290
After a certain point, a quantative change will result in a qualatative shift. As >>19821330 has said, its not the same thing.

Either way, evidence of a precedent doesn't justify mimicry.

>> No.19821341

>>19820330
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=pt-BR&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=effects+pornography+early+access&btnG=
Use sci-hub if you hit a paywall

>> No.19821350

>>19821330
Yeah when all that was available was fashion catalogs and the occasional titty mag I would just crank one out and be done with it, mostly using my imagination. This led me to only do it once in a while too since it was nothing to write home about.

What really changed was when we got an internet connection in my mid teens and I realized there was as much out there as I was willing to look at. From that point on porn became a hobby and a part of my life and I developed more specific fetishes.

I think jerking off occasionally is harmless but porn is pure evil.

>> No.19821357

>>19821317
>Why?
it's odd to favor speech about God that is "not boring", while knowing that this speech is not correct.

It's just curious where people come from and what they do with that.

>> No.19821362

>>19821350
>porn is pure evil.

Anons should take to heart this one simple fact.

>> No.19821364

>>19821330
>>19821339
fair enough, I was mostly after when you'd be exposed but sure, there is a big difference.

>> No.19821373

>>19820434
most ftm are fujoshis desu

>> No.19821376

>>19821312
>and out-laid you-"
what a great accomplishment anon, you should feel very proud of yourself, yet here you are still posting on a chinese cartoon website lol

>> No.19821388

>>19821376
I'm just talking trash man please. you didn't think that was a good rhyme? do you even Gunga Din? Have you even heard illmatic?

>> No.19821398

>>19821357
I wouldn't say that I favor it. Just that I found it interesting. I tend to agree with >>19821135 and >>19821115 as seen here. God is beyond conception. Yes, some conceptions may be closer to him than others. That doesn't stop the less precise from catching my eye.

Besides, you gotta pass the time somehow. I can't just shitpost all day.

>>19821376
>i'm a looser so you are too
Fair point.

>> No.19821401

>>19821388
>Have you even heard illmatic?
yes, I like that album a lot

>> No.19821424

Wow! Looks like the WWOYM thread wars are back. Awesome. I hope some drama stirs

>> No.19821437
File: 68 KB, 750x1000, flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how do i cope

>> No.19821440
File: 866 KB, 997x1080, 1619929125618.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All my friends have turned into wageslave drones.
They have all lost any kind of authentic being in the world, they all dress the same way, consume the same media and the most infuriating thing is hearing them whine about their job and how working has made them less than humans.
The sad thing is that while I still have "friends", I feel alone since I feel like I can't relate to these people at all.
It's all so tiresome...

>> No.19821441

niggas wanna kill me stop my kill streak one more K it's a UAV

>> No.19821462

>>19821440
I get that too dude. Just trust that those authentic people are out there, they are few and far between but they do exist.

>> No.19821469

>>19821440
I know that feel bro, ever since I turned 25 or so it became really hard to relate to old friends and I feel like everyone went their own way in life. What makes me sometimes dissapointed the most is that almost nobody I know in real life reads books at all

>> No.19821713

I am so pissed with myself, that's not something new, but i still dont understand why i need to get into situations that i can't handle only to appreciate what i had. I am retarded, way too human, a total piece of shit.
Now i have to ruin something beautiful because it existed in the first place to serve my egoism.

>> No.19821731

>>19821713
It's okay anon. We all make mistakes and that makes us human.

>> No.19821751

>>19821731
It is not even about mistakes my man. It is about being baited by all those tards in here begging to get a girlfriend. 3 days in the relationship i already see why i didnt need that shit. At the same time i cant find it in me to be honest and ruin it...Sure we are huamans and we make mistakes, but purposefully deceiving another human is not a mistake or an accident. Thanks for replying tho, i have nobody to talk with..

>> No.19821760

>>19821751
>3 days in the relationship
Just break up with her man, she won't care that much

>> No.19821773

>>19821760
Believe it or not, second day in she said the words. TWICE. she is insane and i am guilty of enjoying the proccess of seducing her. In my defence she is good looking.

>> No.19821778

>>19821751
What did you expect to find?

>> No.19821782

i feel trapped in a damaged mind, this is hellish

>> No.19821789

>>19818760
My life is getting better in most ways all the time but I still feel miserable most days. I just think I'm a miserable fuck and always will be, no matter what

>> No.19821804

>>19821713
>>19821751
>>19821773
KEK

>> No.19821822

>>19821778
Don't know, just to get rid of the sense that something is missing.

>> No.19821916
File: 32 KB, 600x600, BA119222-D2C4-4156-BFBF-23D8CB1876E0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I always expected to be able to meet people in college but with corona I’m either behind a mask or online
How do I meet people and form meaningful relationships with them bros?

>> No.19821918
File: 198 KB, 1080x1920, 1612794325623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The pain I feel cannot be transcribed.

>> No.19821923

>>19821916
just give up and find some "higher" cause to devote yourself to to cope with the fact that your being will never be exposed to another and God will be your only witness upon this earth.

>> No.19821935

>>19821923
Wow you described me perfectly

>> No.19821936

>>19821916
the jews won again

>> No.19821946
File: 368 KB, 860x697, go ahead.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821918
I doubt that

>> No.19821970
File: 85 KB, 1280x720, who wants to admit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can not stop eating canned ravioli

>> No.19821973
File: 544 KB, 2000x2500, 59AF070D-F9B6-4492-926A-4BBD2756E91D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821923
There must be something I can do besides give up

>> No.19821991

>>19821916
Heh I went to college before corona and still didnt meet people

>> No.19822029
File: 8 KB, 195x258, 5335.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWjcld97ezw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTqxvGxX_o
Women are a waste of time. They draw you in to keep you from other women. Cant focus on a girl who is more important to me because of a slut and her games. Build no relationship on lust my friends. In fact, if you feel only lust, use it as a warning sign.

>> No.19822127

>>19818760
I'm getting real tired of the fact that everything I do is in constant flux back to a worse state. All this time and energy I put into anything is pointless. I'm hungry so I make a meal and eat it only to become hungry again a few hours later. I exercise to become strong only to become weak again if I stop. I wake up feeling energized only to feel tired later in the day so I have to sleep again. I clean only for everything to become dirty. Day after day after day after day. All this pointless time wasting crap that doesn't matter on repeat until I die. This isn't some anxious existential crisis, but it feels more like existential irritation and anger.

>> No.19822158

>>19822127

Just because something isn't eternal doesn't mean it's not meaningful.

And yea life can be pointless, it doesn't have to be. What kind of work do you do?

>> No.19822182

>>19822158
I don't work.
>Just because something isn't eternal doesn't mean it's not meaningful.
I want to believe this, but I just can't. The only way I could is if I knew there was something after this life but I can't believe that either.

>> No.19822213

>>19822182
>I want to believe this, but I just can't. The only way I could is if I knew there was something after this life but I can't believe that either.

Wait hold up, why do you think this?

I think I might have an inclination, there seems to be something a bit emotionally convincing that because things end, nothing matters.

But is it logical?

Does the fact that two books both eventually end mean that all books are the same?

One person who was knowledgeable and active all her life now suffers from severe cognitive limitations, while another person has suffered from such severe cognitive
limitations all her life. They are similar now. But we would not say that their lives were the same. Of course, if we examine only the
aspects in which these two people are similar, completely disregarding those aspects in which they differ, the two appear the same.

This is true also of cases in which their lives are over and the people are equal now in being dead: although both Martin Luther King Jr. and Jack the Ripper are now dead, it would be odd to consider their lives as similar in meaning.

>> No.19822214

>>19822127
>this guy is gonna end his family's line and never accomplish anything because dust accumulates and he has to eat
Have some fucking perspective, dipshit. Every person before you has eaten, slept, and cleaned, with considerably less comfort than you have now. It's not existential anger, it's a tantrum.

>> No.19822228

>>19820300
bump
>>19820434
who?

>> No.19822244

>>19822214
>>19822182
To add on a bit to this. Just because life isn't perfect (I think probably some sort of immortality would enhance life) doesn't mean it's not worth living or it sucks.

>> No.19822277

Is it depression or is it just feeling very disappointed and defeated? Possibilities exist and yet they continue to flee, as they have for years.

>> No.19822286

>>19822213
I know there are differences with how we live our lives and the impacts that we can have, positive and negative. I fail to see why whether you're MLK or Jack the Ripper it really matters in the long run. I can see why it would matter if there was some type of afterlife, but like I said, I can't will myself to believe that.

>>19822214
You're not telling me anything new. I know I live in relative comfort to most of humanity and that routine is omnipresent. You seem to be reading into something that isn't actually in my post. Between the two of us, it seems you are the one throwing a tantrum and taking your anger out on me.

>>19822244
I would be perfectly okay with an imperfect life if it felt like there was some larger meaning or purpose behind it. I'm not convinced there is though.

>> No.19822311

>>19822286
I'm not angry, I'm just calling you a dumb bitch. MUH MEANING, MUH PORPOISE. Get a job, loser.

>> No.19822322

>>19818831
Better than an /r9k/ blog but still pretentious as fuck

>> No.19822326

>>19818760
I am so homesick I want to cry. I miss my mom. I want to hug her and go 5 years back to fix everything

>> No.19822339

>>19822311
>*angry monkey sounds*
Very enlightening, sir.

>> No.19822368

>>19822311
Textbook definition of an NPC. You're a bug, and I hesitate to call you even that.

>> No.19822379

I would like to stop disappointing myself.

>> No.19822390

>>19821312
>>19821304
though I do think the rhyme is good enough, I now regret having mocked this young man.>>19821298
I lost myself in a shitposting frenzy, and I crossed a line.

>> No.19822402

from all the experience I have of love. Have come to a conclusion. That I have never not loved anybody. I have loved everybody I have met especially the ones that have loved me back. I haven't had any real relationships. What I have had are intense conversations about love with 2 girls. I didn't profess my love to them, I was too scared, Still am. I did love them and I could feel the warmth from them and in some moments I had loved them more than me, but I knew somehow that if I do tell them that I loved them. I would've been a very sad person and not definitely somebody who is writing this. After I had seen them both for the last times, I have felt a great darkness cast upon me and as if I had been reborn but a with a lot of Love in my heart and I have loved everybody since. I love everybody I know. The little fake chick, The annoying depressed friend, The guy who I know since college etc. I have loved everyone from all the uncles I've met and the aunties too, My professors and chefs, The ticket collector on my bus I have loved everybody. One thing that bugged me was that I did not cry after losing those 2 friends and I pondered about it a lot. I knew people were supposed to cry after losing someone, I had seen people do it in the movies and people I knew IRL, tough and strong guys everybody cried. So, why didn't I? I thought maybe I should drink cuz you know Devdas and so I drank and I didn't cry. Then I thought maybe I should got on a solo trip that's when people have realizations and shit right ZNMD, Dil chahta hai. So I did and nothing happened but I noticed something while drinking and travelling. I haven't cried cuz there was nothing to cry about, I hadn't lost anything and neither had they. I still loved them the same. They had left me sure but not really, I still remember their voice, I still remember their faces and laughs. the smiles and and the laughs, I remember it all, They're still there in myself in my soul. Even if we can't see each other and can't ever be together physically I know we are connected with Love. So how could I be sad at all, How can I be gloomy and restless. I have so much intense love to give, I can't stop it. I even shudder to think how much love am I capable of when I truly someone else....

>> No.19822405

>>19822402
I'm sorry anon but I don't care. No one here does. Start a diary

>> No.19822409

>>19822402
is this a cope??

>> No.19822415

>>19822326
:(

>> No.19822423

Giving yourself up to a calling always seems like the easy way out of depression. If you join a cult. Find God. Become a lefty. Become a q-anon. Suddenly you'll see how unimportant all the minor annoyances of your life are and you'll be invested with the existential significance you think you're missing.
But I'm pretty sure that it would quickly disappoint. When you start seeing that despite being blessed by god, you're still unemployed or working teh same shitty job, despite becoming a leftie you haven't smashed the patriarchy... you start thinking: wait, I'm just doomed to mediocrity forever.
So now you're equally depressed, but also burned on the idea of existential salvation?

>> No.19822476

The girl I flirt with at work quit about a month ago. I had no romantic interest in her, I just enjoyed flirting to pass the time. Without her I am hating my job. I might quit.

>> No.19822496

>>19822029
u sound retarded
sorry about your retardation

>> No.19822503

>>19822277
Let me walk you through the 2 types of Depression. I'll be your guide
>Category 1
You're unhappy with your life, likely because it sucks. You're not usually this sad, so maybe it's not normal, you think - maybe it's depression. You feel apathetic, or guilty, or sad, and don't want to do stuff you normally do. This is normal, nearly everyone (even normalfags) goes through this, and you're not mentally ill; it's just a brief state of ennui and you'll recover. How quickly you bounce back though depends on you. If you're depressed because your life sucks, it'll take more effort to fix obviously. Don't take any antidepressants if this describes you, except as a last resort. Just be patient and give it time.
>Category 2
Something is seriously wrong with your head. Your memory is fucked, motor skills on the decline, you look in the mirror and don't recognize what's staring back. People with this sort of depression may also report weakened senses (can't really smell anything, food tastes like cardboard, visual color range diminished) and coexistent bowel problems like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. You can also feel extremely guilty, sad, and have suicidal thoughts for no particular reason. It might also occur in depressive "episodes", or just be a constant thing. The shitty thing about Cat. 2 depression is that like cancer, it's not a single disease, but a blanket term for a condition caused by a VAST amount of issues. Cancer = rapid multiplication of cells. Depression = neurotransmitter imbalance. Just like cancer, Cat. 2 depression has to be treated based on the specific problem causing the imbalance. But what sucks is that depression is still woefully under-researched. For some people, it's as simple as getting their blood levels checked or taking a supplement. For others, they'll spend years trying to track down the problem struggling to find any clues. At this stage, you can start taking antidepressants. Exercise might help boost mood but it won't fix the problem. Nutrition however CAN fix people in this type though, some people just need to be on a strict diet and they're good. It all varies per person.

Category 2 depression, like schizophrenia, has always existed, but it may be exacerbated by modern living conditions. We just don't really know why it happens so it's hard to say more. You are probably in the first type, so don't worry too much.

>> No.19822509

Why do I still try at this point?

>> No.19822525

My life is turning out like Llewyn Davis

>> No.19822557

>>19821916
Cum in the cafeteria coffee pot
surely they will notice you then

>> No.19822608

I like to write.
But I have no telos, no reason for it.
If I kept a blog I could pretend there's a purpose behind it, but that would be lying to myself.
If I somehow found a job cranking out shitty clickbait articles, I would at least get paid for it.
I wish I could get some value out of my compulsion to write.

>> No.19822620

>>19822286
> whether you're MLK or Jack the Ripper it really matters in the long run. I can see why it would matter if there was some type of afterlife, but like I said, I can't will myself to believe that.

Why do things have to be permanent to matter, the past is unchanble

>> No.19822627

>>19818853
>>19818867
Good posts.
That "asymptote impossibility of ever feeling whole" is a most despairing concept, and obviously true.

>> No.19822698

>>19822415
thank you anon. it means a lot to me. it is only when you go away from home that you realize how valuable everything was. wish i knew that sooner

>> No.19822708

>>19821916
>behind a mask
learn to have more expressive body language, imitate an Italian when you talk to get over the fact that you can't smile like Dale Carnige bro

>> No.19822730

>>19822620
When I'm talking about something mattering, I don't mean to imply that the little things we do in our lives don't matter to us or other people. Things matter to us, but I don't place a lot of importance or meaning on us. So in the grand picture, the very idea that everything we do is temporary seems to diminish our importance and value. If we were permanent, assuming that would mean we have a soul, then it would imply that we have some greater purpose or importance in this universe and in our existence.

>> No.19822852

>>19822730
Diminish doesn’t mean zero, or even little.

You’re having this false belief that it has to be all or nothing

>> No.19822896

God I love fat girls. Can't get enough of them.

>> No.19822943

>>19822852
We don't have knowledge on whether things truly matter so it comes down to what you believe to be true. I believe it needs to be permanent. I take it you do not. Who knows what is true?

>> No.19823041

>>19822943
>We don't have knowledge on whether things truly matter so it comes down to what you believe to be true. I believe it needs to be permanent. I take it you do not. Who knows what is true?

I'm not denying being permanent might enhance something's meaning, but being necessary for it seems a bit much.
Although death and annihilation diminish worth, they do not destroy it completely. What is transient is not of perfect value. But it is of some value, and that may well be very much. What is true for floor sweeping is also true for most of our other activities. We do not think that eating, washing dishes, sleeping, and making our bed in the morning are meaningless activities, although their results are not eternal and we have to do them
over again periodically. If we thought that, we would not bother eating or washing dishes. Much of what we find to be worthwhile is
transient, and this transience does not make it worthless

>> No.19823120

>>19823041
>I'm not denying being permanent might enhance something's meaning, but being necessary for it seems a bit much.
What for you would be a necessity for something to have meaning?
>What is transient is not of perfect value. But it is of some value, and that may well be very much.
I acknowledge that we have things in our day to day lives that matter to us. My point is that I do not believe we matter, therefor why should what matters to us matter?
>We do not think that eating, washing dishes, sleeping, and making our bed in the morning are meaningless activities, although their results are not eternal and we have to do them over again periodically. If we thought that, we would not bother eating or washing dishes. Much of what we find to be worthwhile is transient, and this transience does not make it worthless
Things like eating and sleeping are done for survival. In a way, we are compelled to do them by our very being. Some break from this a kill themselves. I think that tasks that must be done for survival are not good examples of things that have meaning for us. You can eat, sleep, clean, exercise etc. not because you find meaning or importance in them, but simply because you are afraid of death and are compelled to do them.

>> No.19823226

>>19818867
Sounds like a cult...

>> No.19823252

>>19823226
I don't disagree with you, but do you mind if I ask why you say that?

>> No.19823270

>>19823120
>What for you would be a necessity for something to have meaning?

Morality (the good), enquiry (the true), and creativity (the beautiful) are widely held instances of activities that confer meaning on life, while trimming toenails and eating snow––along with the counterexamples to subjectivism above––are not.

>My point is that I do not believe we matter, therefor why should what matters to us matter?

What don't we matter to? The universe? Why would it matter what the universe thought of us? I, for one, have no such interest, because almost all of the cosmos, being nothing more than an enormous quantity of utterly dead matter, seems to me to be completely irrelevant to the meaning of my
life.

>Things like eating and sleeping are done for survival. In a way, we are compelled to do them by our very being. Some break from this a kill themselves. I think that tasks that must be done for survival are not good examples of things that have meaning for us. You can eat, sleep, clean, exercise etc. not because you find meaning or importance in them, but simply because you are afraid of death and are compelled to do them.

Well that's part of the point right. The idea that because the results aren't infinite they are meaningful or pointless seems to be unfounded.

let me ask you this, which one of these things would have more value.

An infinite pile of shit, or a temporary rose?

>> No.19823319

>>19822525
and that's a good thing

>> No.19823353

>>19823270
>Morality (the good), enquiry (the true), and creativity (the beautiful) are widely held instances of activities that confer meaning on life, while trimming toenails and eating snow––along with the counterexamples to subjectivism above––are not.
They're certainly admirable things. People like them, but I don't agree that they give life meaning on their own.
>What don't we matter to? The universe? Why would it matter what the universe thought of us? I, for one, have no such interest, because almost all of the cosmos, being nothing more than an enormous quantity of utterly dead matter, seems to me to be completely irrelevant to the meaning of my life.
There is no "what" to matter to, not even the universe. Assuming, of course, that the person doesn't believe in some higher power.
>Well that's part of the point right. The idea that because the results aren't infinite they are meaningful or pointless seems to be unfounded.
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. If you're looking for scientific evidence you're not going to find it. As I've said earlier, we can't know whether something has meaning or not. It is up to our own beliefs. So it is going to remain "unfounded" until the day one dies and possibly even after.
>let me ask you this, which one of these things would have more value. An infinite pile of shit, or a temporary rose?
The infinite pile of shit because it's worth more $$$ than the rose. Joke aside, from my view, they are equally worthless. But I would prefer the rose. This just circles back to my point though that what I, or you, or anyone else prefers doesn't matter in the big picture. Whether I chose shit or rose does not matter in the long run. To say otherwise, would seem to me to place an odd importance on us.

>> No.19823441

>>19823353
>They're certainly admirable things. People like them, but I don't agree that they give life meaning on their own.

Why?

>There is no "what" to matter to, not even the universe. Assuming, of course, that the person doesn't believe in some higher power.

Clearly, it matters to people then? Or it's entirely possible that there is "good" or "bad" as objective truths rather then subjective means?

>I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. If you're looking for scientific evidence you're not going to find it. As I've said earlier, we can't know whether something has meaning or not. It is up to our own beliefs. So it is going to remain "unfounded" until the day one dies and possibly even after.

I'm asking for your personal justification of the belief. I'm trying to help you out.

>The infinite pile of shit because it's worth more $$$ than the rose. Joke aside, from my view, they are equally worthless. But I would prefer the rose. This just circles back to my point though that what I, or you, or anyone else prefers doesn't matter in the big picture. Whether I chose shit or rose does not matter in the long run. To say otherwise, would seem to me to place an odd importance on us.

Again, you make the claim that nothing matters in the big picture just because it ends. This is a point that doesn't make that much logical sense. Yes of course if we ignore all the things that make lives different that seem to matter exactly the same.

You keep saying it doesn't matter in the big picture, but you don't ever really justify this statement.

Let me ask you another question, does the past matter at all?

>> No.19823442
File: 8 KB, 225x225, 1643181807760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818760
I've devoted years of my life to multiple books I can't for the life of me finish because I'm just not that good of a "big picture guy". I have fun ideas, people like my prose and find it entertaining to read, and I'm good individual scenes but tying them all together into a comprehensive novel that doesn't look like it's held together by duck tape is an impossibilty for me. I'm thinking of killing myself, before I become a bitter wagie that doesn't even know how to read books anymore without being reminded of his inadequacies as an artist .

>> No.19823446

>>19823442
*good at

>> No.19823455

>>19823353
I'm really just trying to get you to analyze your base assumption that "in the big picture nothing matters because it doesn't last forever".

It may be that in comparison to cosmological events, whatever happens in our lives is tiny, but in itself, it is sufficient to reach the threshold of meaningfulness.

>> No.19823512

>>19823442
Have you tried outlining?

>> No.19823541

>>19823512
I have. Problem is my autistic brain can't keep on track. Which makes me have to constantly change and even rewrite shit I've already finished. I'm just never satisfied.

>> No.19823556

>>19818877
You have to find a woman around the age of 20 who hasn't had her dopamine system absolutely ravaged by casual hookups. Then you have a chance for bond-pairing oxytocin to bubble up in her for her to treat you as a permanent mate.

>> No.19823565

>>19823556
so I should basically start dating a nun? sounds easy...

>> No.19823580

>>19823441
>Why?
I view a distinction between what matters to a person, such as the things you listed, and mattering in a larger view. Since I do not believe we matter, why should our preference for truth, beauty, and the good matter? Someone else can say that it's sex, money, and status that really matter and give meaning. I don't think they would be any less wrong. But I would emphasize that this is personal meaning and doesn't really have any significance outside of yourself.
>Clearly, it matters to people then? Or it's entirely possible that there is "good" or "bad" as objective truths rather then subjective means?
I'm not too sure what you're saying with this one. Do you believe in objective "good" and "bad?"
>I'm asking for your personal justification of the belief. I'm trying to help you out.
There comes a point when you take things as certain axioms. I know it's not a satisfactory answer, but explaining a belief rarely is.
>Let me ask you another question, does the past matter at all?
It very well could matter. I have no way of knowing if it does or doesn't. Though, if I were to have to choose I would say no.

>>19823455
>I'm really just trying to get you to analyze your base assumption that "in the big picture nothing matters because it doesn't last forever".
I don't really have an argument for why, it's more I can't see why the opposite should be true. If something is temporary why should it matter?
>It may be that in comparison to cosmological events, whatever happens in our lives is tiny, but in itself, it is sufficient to reach the threshold of meaningfulness.
Yes, one can find happiness, satisfaction, and personal meaning in life regardless of our actual size in the universe. But this for me has no bearing on actual meaning.

Appreciate the discussion, but I'm going to be heading off to bed now. Since we're here forever, maybe we'll talk again later.

>> No.19823599

>>19819346
What makes marriage not hedonism? People get married because they think it’ll add pleasure to their life.

>> No.19823603

>>19823580
>and mattering in a larger view

Okay I think I sometimes address too many points at once. What does this statement mean?

Why do you expect perfection from yourself?>

>I'm not too sure what you're saying with this one. Do you believe in objective "good" and "bad?"

Yes

>There comes a point when you take things as certain axioms. I know it's not a satisfactory answer, but explaining a belief rarely is.

I guess I'm just asking you to challenge those axioms. I admit this isn't the most satisfactory answer.

>I don't really have an argument for why, it's more I can't see why the opposite should be true. If something is temporary why should it matter?

Because time isn't the determining factor if something matters. Sure you might argue that it matters more if it lasts forever, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't matter if not.

>Yes, one can find happiness, satisfaction, and personal meaning in life regardless of our actual size in the universe. But this for me has no bearing on actual meaning.

Meaning on what?

Try to think of what you mean by "bigger picture, greater meaning" etc. If you mean the cosmos, I don't really think you have a great reason to care about it.

>> No.19823666

>>19821916
wait for rona lockdowns to end.

>> No.19823675

>>19823455

>dude u create ur own meaning man

Why do midwits always counter with this bland, false trash?

>> No.19823685

>>19822402
Feels man, good read.

>> No.19823690

>>19823675
what else is there to do? just kill yourself then, edgy faggot.

>> No.19823885

>>19823541
>Problem is my autistic brain can't keep on track.
I don't understand what this means.
Also, why don't you just try to write a first draft, avoid rewriting, if there's plot holes - let there be plot holes, it's a first draft. It's not meant to even resemble the finished product.
It's generally easier to fix something tangible that is wrong, than something that only exists in theory.

>> No.19823888

>>19823675
No you fucking retard. I’m saying that objective meaning may exist, or a hybrid of objective and subjective.

This whole “you can’t prove a negative so I don’t have to justify my beliefs” should stay on Reddit where you belong.

>> No.19823918

>>19823885
It means that I can't follow my outline because I'm the "where the scene takes me" kind of guy. Writing a chapter with specific beats I know I need to hit at the back of my mind makes everything come out too artificial sounding to me.
>Also, why don't you just try to write a first draft, avoid rewriting, if there's plot holes - let there be plot holes, it's a first draft. It's not meant to even resemble the finished product.
It's generally easier to fix something tangible that is wrong, than something that only exists in theory.
you're right, I really need to stop with trying to finish it in one draft. I guess it's a lack of discipline derived from a source of solipsistic pride.

>> No.19824105
File: 223 KB, 404x507, 1641788614205.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

weeks ago i went to my neighbours door with a knife because she is a disgusting bolivian whore that puts music for everyone to hear, also in a relationship with a robber. i was so close but then she opened the door and i couldnt do it, though my intentions were clear and she noticed for sure. this was after me being polite and civilized for 6 times trying to ask them both to stop being loud mongoloids. i havent heard a noise since then, it was really a primal moment even for me living in a shithole. i had 2 or 3 dreams where i am stabbing her and her boyfriend and the blood paints the ceiling

>> No.19824186

>>19824105
>using a knife to intimidate neighbors
Are you venezuelan?

>> No.19824220

>>19824105
latinx moment

>> No.19824375

I ace when I’m overconfident and falter when I’m not.

>> No.19824424

>>19818760
Last for are you okay jan jan?

>> No.19824452
File: 55 KB, 546x575, 5C7EA4BF-1A48-47E1-A662-64F8DC42EEEC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19818760
Money on my motherfucking mind
Cop five haircuts at the same time
White gold pants, Jet Ski made of Yuan
Foie gras bust of Albert Einstein
Get money
Money out my motherfucking mouth
A mansion, a ranch, and a camp and a town
A motherfucking store with the floor made of scalps
Bobby from the block don't got rocks, he got Alps
Get money
Money in the motherfucking jar
Shark fin pastry, Summers on Mars
Twenty motherfuckers in a levitating car
Seven-forty-seven full of women and cigars
Get money
Money in the motherfucking pot
A castle full of cars and the yard full of yachts
A leopard with a mink and an arm full of clocks
All hand wound everyday by a Spock
Get money

>> No.19824644

>>19824105
based. that's exactly how you solve that problem

>> No.19824770

>>19824105
I love /lit/

>> No.19824787
File: 81 KB, 474x745, OIP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19821918
It can but language is too clumsy of a tool to transcribe the wave of sensation, raw unfair existence battering cracks against the safe harbor of your mind.
I find pictures to be perfect caricatures of what I feel in the moment.

>> No.19824835

>>19821255
cycling

>> No.19824851

Me to twink thots at the function : You hear about Gesamtkunstwerk?

>> No.19824856

>>19822277
i remember 5 or so years ago people used to deny that depression was even real here on 4chan

>> No.19824862

>>19824856
Depression isn't real

>> No.19824919

what a bunch of homos this whole thread is
i want to beat you guys like that russian guy beats those dumbfucks in an elevator

>> No.19824969

>>19824919
explain

>> No.19825031

>>19824919
Hatred is poison.

>> No.19825182

>>19824919
good
dont let low T dumbfucks tell you otherwise

>> No.19825219

>>19825182
tough guy, ain't ya?

>> No.19825535

>>19824919
>>19825182
>Samefagging this transparently
My newfag friend. When you samefag on 4chan you at least change the tone, punctuation, capitalization, and vocabulary.

>> No.19825649

>>19825535
damm you're such a genius

>> No.19825684
File: 53 KB, 821x648, image_2022-01-28_215913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19825535
awfully cringe of you anon
I'll be a gentleman and tag all of my posts for your autistic ass
>>19824770
>>19824787
>>19825182

>> No.19825727

>>19818760
PROPAGANDA could be here he thought as he turned his attention to the media at hand. None of these story-lines or tropes are realistic and they seem to try and subvert my preconceived notions about reality, he said out loud. This PROPAGANDA IS FUCKING DISGUSTING! he shouted. Humor is not humiliation, public debasement is not freedom. Nothing we've created in the last 30 years is worthy of preservation for the next generation. Everything pushed at us is disgusting trash and we have no role models. These thoughts and many others drifted in and out as he lay there in a heap after being mugged for his phone and wallet. And then the music began to play.

>> No.19825888

>>19825684
Damn bro, I can also edit my fucking screenshots in Photoshop. Very believable.

>> No.19825968

>>19824105
Nice one Raskolnikov

>> No.19826025

my farts smell like brocolli

>> No.19826090

are the clips of jordan peterson crying real?