[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 85 KB, 686x960, E56E5EA5-118D-4730-A474-1F2F93DE5225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19661421 No.19661421 [Reply] [Original]

I finished reading Guénon. My faith in modernity has been destroyed. Where does one go from here? Is it true that Fr. Seraphim Rose is the final boss? He was influenced heavily by Guénon.

>> No.19661574

All of his writing, really? Then you should already know what to do next.

>> No.19661578

>>19661421
What works on modernity did you read from the modernist side?

>> No.19661586
File: 476 KB, 1919x1222, GuideToCharlesWilliams2.1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There are a lot of orthobros who will shill fr rose. This isn't unjustified, as he was influential in popularizing orthodoxy to america, but his fixation on niche theology and his major works are only good if you want to revel in fear mongering (which is the same reason I never recommend fr bailey and all the other pop ortho-vloggers).
Here's my list, as an orthodox christian interested in the esoteric, that'll be a better jumping off point into the "fringe" in orthodoxy and orthodoxy in general:
>easy/intro tier
the way of the ascetics, colliander
the way of the pilgrim, rm french (translator)
NT with apocryphal texts (just read scripture, it's mystical enough as it is lmao)
sayings of the desert fathers
the four loves, lewis
the fiction of charles williams
>the step up tier
till we have faces, lewis
the sacrament of love, evdokimov
the
variation on the song of songs, yannaras
mystical theology, lossky
>the ask your priest before reading tier
philokalia
christianity and eros, sherrard
person and eros, yannaras
the theology of charles williams
the rest of philip sherrard's works (he's the real "fringe perrenialist" of orthodoxy that everyone overlooks and is much preferable imo to fr rose)
ecology of the transfiguration is also great if you want orthodox views on ecology
This is the direction I went with my readings into orthodoxy post-guenon and I much prefer it!

>> No.19661714

>>19661586
The Patristics are not "niche theology" by any stretch of the imagination.

>> No.19661722

>>19661421
Try reading something worthwhile, faggot.

>> No.19661861
File: 87 KB, 611x940, 1622952541379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19661578
They don't. Although Guenon seems to have read and hated Bergson as an example of modern philosophy. I am not sure any of his fans here have read enough to have anything to say beyond agreeing or disagreeing with each other about their guru since they tend to read 2-4 philosophers and make the same threads about them every day without deviation.

>> No.19661885
File: 149 KB, 1021x479, Seraphim-Rose-Biography.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19661421
Learn the truth about Eugene Rose before you spread his errors onto the innocent, of which YOU are also a member of. First impressions, full of fabricated exaggerations meant to hook unsuspecting viewers, can be more than just deceiving. Just think about a pretty woman that would rape your heart after she seduced you -- but oh how pretty and nice I believed her to be, ON FIRST SIGHT of all things! Think about how often things are not as they seem. Think about how much more potent a lie is when it is dressed in perfumes, costumes and pretty words. Remember a time in your life when familiarity, if allowed to you, bred contempt, not because familiarity of necessity breeds contempt but rather because familiarity breeds knowledge, and lies exposed make the just man puke on them. So take heed anon and consider how, after some time to think about this, the things that you are told by liars are not the same as the things that you find out through your own discovery. Learn about "Seraphim" Rose for yourself and conclude what you will. But don't let a "CULT" of fanatics convince you to trust someone you've only ever heard about on a anime forum!

>> No.19661904
File: 91 KB, 640x623, Christians_Orthodox.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

also
>imagine wanting to be Ortoduk

>> No.19662071

>>19661861
So what your saying is Hegel, Nietzsche and Heidegger btfo Guenon?

>> No.19662094

>>19662071
Something of a retroactive refutation.

>> No.19662436

>>19661904
Your country is run by women and jews. Don't speak.

>> No.19662484

>>19661421
you have three options:
1. Seraphim Rose and become a sentimentalist christcuck (don't recommend)
2. Sufism/Ibn Arabi (much better than option 1 but you will probably become too exclusivist because Islam is still abrahamic)
3. Advaita Vedanta/Shankara (the final boss, the only right way of moving forward from Guénon, you will not become exclusivist at all but you will judge other traditions purely on their metaphysics, no sentimentalism or any of that shit will affect you)

>> No.19662503

>>19661421
>Fr. Seraphim Rose
I would legitimately be upset if the gay SanFran hippie was the final boss.

Go read Heidegger and Baudrillard.

>> No.19662573

>>19661885
Literally one third hand source, ergo he's a fag?

>> No.19662944

>>19662484
Is there no middle ground for Christians who also accept Advaita as being another approach to the perennial truth? Like Eckheartian or Eirugenian Christians? Wolfgang Smith is apparently Christian but also a fan of Shankara

>> No.19663048

>>19662484
this

>> No.19663122

>>19662944
theology and an extreme appeal to exotericism (characteristics from all abrahamic traditions) won't let you dive into metaphysics, both eckhart's and eriugena's works were considered heretical (i know that just a few lines of eckhart were condemned, but you get the point, the clergy didn't look at him with good eyes), basically the west (Islam included) cannot reach what advaitins call 'Knowledge of the Supreme', the attachment to revelation and other historical events cant produce true metaphysics and ironically if they did they would uproot those traditions, whats the use of christianity, islam or judaism without their history, prophets, miracles and all those phenomena?/

>> No.19663716

>>19661586
Where is the
>schizophrenic brings you into communion with demons if read without discretion tier
?

>> No.19663742

>>19661885
Interesting how those that dive into Eastern Mysticism and the Occult always become Orthodox, and those that adhere to Western Philosophy such as Aristotle, Plato, St. Augustine become Catholic. for me, Orthodoxy, when you have deeper understanding, has something subversive to it.

>> No.19663752

>>19661421
>Fr. Seraphim Rose is the final boss?
Yes.
>He was influenced heavily by Guénon.
In some sense yes, Guénon taught him to search for the truth. But he rightfully ultimately considers Guénon deceived by demons.

>>19661586
>niche theology
There is no 'niche theology' in Christianity. It's all about God and is just descriptions of those who saw God most clearly.
> as an orthodox christian interested in the esoteric
You posted mostly demonism, so I highly doubt the first part. Christianity is strictly against demonism.

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God."

>> No.19663753

>>19662484
>>19663048
>stolen Buddhist metaphysics, but we tack on that there totally IS a God just becuz (and that god is functionally identical to pure nothingness anyway)
No thanks sankara

>> No.19663770

>>19663742
>Interesting how those that dive into Eastern Mysticism and the Occult always become Orthodox
Only those that genuinely searched for truth and Eastern Mysticism was just a phase for them because of disillusion with gutted Western "Christianity". Guenon for example didn't become Orthodox, but rather thought it fit into his perennialistic scheme.
>has something subversive to it.
It's highly subversive to the spirit of the world and the principalities of darkness.

>> No.19663796

>>19663770
Guenon became Muslim, one of the worst decisions anybody can do.

Modern examples of Eastern Mysticism/Occult and becoming Orthodox:
>Jay Dyer
>Roosh V (he dived into Osho before he became Orthodox)

>> No.19663841

>>19661421
Based Orthodoxy Thread

>> No.19663852

>>19662484
What if God is sentimental

>> No.19664033

>>19661586
>easy/intro tier
>NT

>> No.19664064

>>19661421
>“René Guénon was the chief influence in the formation of my own intellectual outlook (quite apart from the question of Orthodox Christianity). . . . It was René Guénon who taught me to seek and love the truth above all else, and to be unsatisfied with anything else.”
—Fr. Seraphim Rose, author of The Soul After Death

>> No.19664065
File: 38 KB, 640x236, putins_jews.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19661421
Many such cases. You would have needed to develop your wisdom of and faith in God - the highest principle - the absolute, or whatever you want to call it, to a sufficiant degree before analytically deconstructing the human condition (or modernity as you call it) with authors like Guenon (or Nietzsche, Spengler etc.). If you heart is black and kept afloat by material comforts don't complain if you end up in a dark pit when all your illusions are destroyed.

>>19662436
pic related is for you.

>>19662944
Advaita is simply wrong, just like Biblejew theology. Research Vishistadvaita and Ramanuja or try to read between the lines in Mahayana Buddist scriptures.

>> No.19664157
File: 89 KB, 1280x720, A5FD8689-A274-424C-9E0F-11C6E2DCF5E6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664065
> Advaita is simply wrong, just like Biblejew theology

>> No.19664192

>>19664157
This is not a discussion.

>> No.19664215

>>19664192
Well, you shouldn’t expect people to take your claims seriously if you cant adduce any reasons for doing so

>> No.19664276

>>19662944
>Is there no middle ground for Christians who also accept Advaita as being another approach to the perennial truth?
Advaita is not just another approach but the pure truth. It is hard to know what christian monks like those mentioned by you meant with their allusions but you should keep in mind this: pure being, which is the principle of manifestation, is not the highest you can get, after it there is non-being. Now, did that "union" with God really imply a union with the non-being or just with the pure being, the principle of manifestation(the demiurge if you like)?
In any case, I think that you should focus also on the practical side. Catholicism has been reduced to exoterism, there is no initiation left, the catholicism of the Middle Ages is long gone. My suggestion is that you should find an authentic hindu path which is in good terms with Advaita (unless you want to become an advaitin celibate monk).

>> No.19664366

>>19662944
You're not a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus incarnating, being crucified, rising from the dead, ascending bodily and coming to judge the world and end all time. It's not just some fancy metaphor or illusion, it's reality.

>> No.19664449

>>19662944
>>19664366
There could not be a more unchristian idea than "perennial truth." The revelation of Christ occurs within time and history. At most your position is some kind of deist or pantheist who happens to admire Jesus.

>> No.19664453

>>19661904
Lmfao

Christianity is gay and cucked anyways. If you're going to fall for a semitic religion as a European just go for Islam. Or preferably be "pagan" and study/practice Hermeticism, which is a far more legitimate esoteric Tradition than plebian orthodox plebian christianity.

>> No.19664459

>>19664449
This. If anyone calls themselves Christian and still believes in perennialism, I doubt they really read the Gospel much. They should ask themselves if truly believe Jesus will not tell them to go away from Him at judgement day.

>> No.19664475 [DELETED] 

>>19664449
That's one reason why Christianity is so retarded and its followers are delusional. They study their exoteric religion which basically comes from thoroughly degraded esoteric teachings and think it is the ultimate Truth that can admit nothing else. It is idiotic and also very Jewish.

>> No.19664477

>>19661421
I figure this thread is as good as any other

What are your takes on the old problem of people who die either never having heard of Christ, or only knowing distantly of him(eg some hindu villager who vaguely knows he exists but couldn't really be expected to randomly become Christian)?

>> No.19664480

>>19664475
>exoteric
Only to the unenlightened. Someone clouded with sin and pride literally cannot see the plain truth of Christ in scripture. There's a veil over their eyes which only opens up with belief in the cross.

>> No.19664485

>>19664459
Jesus was a high level initiate, a Priest-King in the order of Melchizedek. Brainlet religitards would never understand what that means or how it only affirms the claims of their plebian religion.

>> No.19664499

>>19664480
Yes, belief and not knowing or conquering for yourself like a man. This religion for hebrews castrated the Aryan male and played a decisive role in the decline of the West.

>> No.19664505 [DELETED] 

>>19664499
God's will is in my get, christcuck weakling faggots. Christianity disgusts me.

>> No.19664510

>>19663796
If you post Youtube stuff like Dyer you should also post Pageau

>> No.19664531

>>19664459
Agree, it's basically a form of Christian modernism and not Christianity per se anymore. Like Buddhists who argue Buddhism aligns with science or psychology (which they'd argued against centuries ago in different forms, e.g. against Samkhya or Vaiseshika) now we apparently have Christians who argue Christianity aligns with a science of pseudo-theosophy, and make the sort of claims that got Bruno or Spinoza in trouble with their rabbis.
>>19664475
I don't think that exoteric/esoteric dichotomy makes much sense for Abrahamic religion. It's a pretty much a system of static divine revelation. Happens a couple of times, is codified, and that's final. They put you on trial if you claim you had a mystical experience, since you aren't supposed to. If you have enough charisma and followers they concede and let you be a saint, but only to reinforce the prestige of faith.

>> No.19664538

>>19664485
>laying more dogma on top of dogma makes things make more sense
absolutely soulless

>> No.19664572

>>19664477
>your takes
It's not my take, but of the holy fathers. Those who died before Christ's incarnation and believed in God and did not pray to idols (basically kept the Noahic covenant) were saved when Christ descended to Hades.
After Christ's descent to Hades you cannot be saved without joining Christ's Body, which is done through baptism and faith.
The hypothetical Hindu villager who never heard of Christ won't be judged for not being Christian, but will be judged for his evil deeds of idolatry and such. Those who didn't commit evil deeds won't be judged at all but still will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven since they were not born of the Holy Spirit and were in contact with Satan from the moment of their conception. Also those who hear the Gospel but don't repent and become Christian will be judged more harshly.

>who vaguely knows he exists
This is more than enough to convert. St. Barbara came to the truth of the One God just by looking at the stars and creation, and Christ arranged Christians to meet her, she got baptized and died for him. Nothing is impossible for God. He will arrange everything for someone willing to come to the knowledge of truth because He is provident over everything.

>>19664499
> Aryan male
Just descendants of Japhet, son of Noah. Nothing special in and of itself.
>>19664485
>Priest-King in the order of Melchizedek
Yes, because He is the creator of Melchizedek. Priesthood is making things holy. Christ makes everything in creation holy by assuming flesh.
https://youtu.be/vz7paYN-UAc?t=8

>> No.19664579

>>19663753
Shankara refuted Buddhist metaphysics, Buddhists claim he “stole” Advaita to shift the conversation away from Shankara’s complete annihilation of Buddhist doctrines.

And if you think self-awareness is identical to nothingness… then you might be an NPC

>> No.19664587
File: 603 KB, 2100x1723, CD057831-9A19-4C2A-833D-D87C3E159F91.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19661904
Why is racism allowed here today?

>> No.19664589

>>19664531
>Abrahamic religion
No such thing if you mean something other than Orthodox Christianity. Abraham saw Jesus before the incarnation and believed in Him, he wasn't a Mohammedan or Talmudist.

>> No.19664592

>>19664572
>This is more than enough to convert. St. Barbara came to the truth of the One God just by looking at the stars and creation, and Christ arranged Christians to meet her, she got baptized and died for him. Nothing is impossible for God. He will arrange everything for someone willing to come to the knowledge of truth because He is provident over everything.

Ok but then are the vast majority of muslims, hindus just bad people then since they dont choose to convert to christianity? Isnt this a bit ridiculous

>> No.19664616

>>19664589
Whatever. Call it mosaic religion then, or "western monotheism" for all I care. I am sure you understand what I am talking about, you are just an advanced sub-sectarian of one of those and therefore consider the rest false, like you do other religions outside of the family.

>> No.19664628

>>19664592
>ust bad people then since they dont choose to convert to christianity
Yes, but only because of their choosing, they're not created bad. Scripture literally says this many times that people chose disbelief because their works are evil and they don't want to repent.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
John 3:18-21

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
Romans 1:18-23

The Muslims have their book telling them to judge it by the Injeel, which is the Gospel we have as the Church. Mohammad knew it and was in contact with Nestorian heretical priests. In fact such a priest was instrumental in telling him he was actually a prophet and saw an angel called "Jibreel", who Mohammad originally (correctly) thought was a demon. He had no excuse for his disbelief in Jesus and neither does any Muslim. The Hindu can also clearly see that their idols are nothing.

>> No.19664638

>>19661421
If you're into mysticism, Boehme is great, although much more difficult.

>> No.19664639
File: 252 KB, 650x778, 1614636244796.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664579
Self awareness in AV is literally awareness of nothing. There's no object. Just an entirely... empty.... subject. Anything it experiences other than the constant drumbeat of atman atman atman is an illusion. Oh but thankfully, this devoid awareness is also Brahman—because the Vedas say so—so it's definitely not poo poo stinky nastika bauddha-adharma nihilism, because the one thing Shankara hasn't denied is God and the number One

>> No.19664643

>>19664616
>Call it mosaic religion then, or "western monotheism"
It's called Christianity because we follow the actual words Jesus Christ, the incarnate Logos of God, spoke to the apostles. There is no sectarianism in this, you either follow Christ Who is the Truth or you are outside of it.

>> No.19664647

>>19664628
So you actually think the 5 billion people who arent Christian are all bad people?

>> No.19664655

>>19664643
You use Hebrew scriptures, mythology, nomenclature, and theology like the Jewish and Muslim religions do. You're related. Quack quack.

>> No.19664667

>>19664647
I don't think they are bad by creation, but I think they chose evil over Christ (it's plainly visible). You can't pray to a demonic idol and still be considered good because it's objectively an evil act, just like murder or rape. It's contrary to following your conscience. You also can't be truly good without believing in Christ and having His life in you, since by definition anything good flows through Him.

>> No.19664671
File: 28 KB, 480x360, kramer-seinfeld.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664647
>he doesn't know about counter-religion
Start with the Assmann, egyptologist Jan Assmann.

>> No.19664676

>>19664655
>theology
>Jewish and Muslim
I don't use Talmudic or Mohammedan theology (they don't believe in the Logos). I don't use their scriptures either, since they have a corrupted version of it. Using some Hebrew words doesn't mean it's the same religion.

>> No.19664681

>>19664639
> Self awareness in AV is literally awareness of nothing.
Wrong, It’s awareness of Itself, which isn’t nothing since Awareness is a pristine and blissful self-intuiting presence.

>> No.19664682

>>19664667
I've met many nonChristian people who were clearly kind, good people. I've even met western atheists who were. Just doesnt seem to make sense to me

>> No.19664684

>>19664655
This is like an American saying Buddhism, plain Hindu idolatry and Advaita are the same thing because they use Sanscritic terminology.

>> No.19664686
File: 23 KB, 450x450, 1555865481586.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664667
>making art is equivalent to murder and theft of virginity
I might agree with you for the wrong reasons, but that's because I happen to like art

>> No.19664691

>>19664681
There's no object in reflexive self-illuminating super duper solipsismus. It's nihilism.

>> No.19664695

>>19664682
>kind, good people
Our definition of good is worldy, not that of God. That's part of the problem of being affected by sin, it makes you confuse evil with good and makes you unable to plainly see the truth. The Christian monks even struggled with this a lot, it's the whole life purpose of Christians to be able to participate in God's uncreated goodness which is simply unavailable to the non-believer since they distance themselves by disbelief and sin.

A person doing good actions doesn't mean he is truly good, (everyone can do some good since they are still made in the image of Christ), and only God can judge how good a person is since only He sees the hearts of people. You could do a secularly good act to comfort yourself, ultimately it can be selfish and sinful. All good deeds according to Christianity should be done in God's glory solely.

>> No.19664697

>>19664684
I did not say they were the same you weak-eyed election tourist. I said they were related. And they are. And your examples are also related. Truly tardlarp threads have the lowest reading comprehension

>> No.19664701

>>19664686
It's not equivalent, but worse. Idolatry and praying to strange gods is far worse than murder or rape, although the former commonly leads to the latter.

>> No.19664707

>>19664697
Every religion is related to Orthodoxy, sure. Because Adam had direct communion with Christ and all religions are just demons perverting the original revelation.

>> No.19664710
File: 418 KB, 600x600, 1627795091663.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664701
kek

>> No.19664720

>>19664695
I feel like what really matters is just sincerely wanting others to be ok and acting in such a way. I dont think it's even more complicated than that

>> No.19664724

>>19664707
Yes the time traveling byzantine patriarchs founded all world religions, really my favorite part of the bible. I like the part where Saint Poupoupipipoulos sits down with Confucius, Brahman, and Buddha and gives each of them a special mission to mislead a billion people.

>> No.19664731

>>19664589
source?

>> No.19664744

>>19664720
>wanting others to be ok and acting in such a way
Ultimately yes, but the pagans do not follow this is what Holy Scripture teaches us. Nobody truly wants to be beholden to strange gods, or to money and worldly goods and be a slave to sin, but they still perpetuate it. Every single pagan and non-Christian is a slave to sin and can't be freed from it by their own power, since only the blood of Christ frees from sin.
Also you forget the first part of the golden rule of loving one neighbor as oneself. You should also love God, who is none other than the Father of Jesus Christ, and you cannot believe in the Father without the Son as Jesus Himself said.

>Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

>> No.19664745

>>19664215
They do if they have the will to do their own research.

>> No.19664758

>>19664691
>There's no object in reflexive self-illuminating super duper soli-
Because the presence that knows all objects isn't itself an object of itself like the rest of the objects are, it's instead partlessly self-disclosing to itself without bifurcating itself into the distinction of subject and object.

>> No.19664773

>>19664744
what do you think God is exactly?

>> No.19664776
File: 239 KB, 480x407, 1550999151202.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664724
>I like the part where Saint Poupoupipipoulos sits down with Confucius, Brahman, and Buddha and gives each of them a special mission to mislead a billion people.

>> No.19664796
File: 3.93 MB, 3253x1916, The_Hospitality_of_Abraham_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664731
>Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

How and when, we must think, blessed Abraham contemplated the day of our Savior Christ, that is, saw the time of His coming in the flesh? It is not easy to give a clear answer to this. However, one can think that as one of the holy prophets, God revealed His sacrament to him. Or we can assume that he really contemplated the day of the slaughter of the Lord, in which our bliss was arranged and all the blessings were communicated to us, when in the image of Him (the Lord) he was commanded to sacrifice his only begotten and firstborn son Isaac: during this sacred act, as in the prototype that was taking place, this sacrament was naturally before his eyes with all clarity and precision.

You can also offer other explanations for this saying. So, when he saw three men by the oak of Mamre (Gen. 18: 1), he received a promise from God that he would be the father of many nations, which could be fulfilled only by the fact that through faith in Christ the nations were called. Abraham as his father, lying with him in the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 8:11) and participating with him in all the good gifts of our Savior.

Therefore, in order to clearly show that He is not a newborn and not a creature like us, but that even by their most ancient fathers he was recognized as eternal, He says this.

- St. Cyril of Alexandria

>> No.19664819

>>19664758
Right it's just a ticker that goes atman atman atman atman atman. There's nothing else. It's all denial. And not the river.

>> No.19664834

>>19664773
God is a Who, not a what. He is Who created the world through His Logos in His Holy Spirit, He is the One who spoke to Abraham, gave the law to Moses at Mt. Sinai. Holy Scripture teaches us Who God is and Jesus in His incarnation displayed the fullness of this truth.

>And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

>> No.19664844

>>19664587
were you born this stupid or does communism actually encourage you?

>> No.19664854
File: 228 KB, 830x1251, holy trinity theophany.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664758
>>19664819

>implying distinction implies division
The pagans are still stuck in false dialectics. Christ's incarnation clearly shows the futility of this kind of vain philosophy.

>> No.19664866

>>19664796
>hey abe, this covenant we're making, I just want to be level with you that i've got this escape clause here, it says if your great great great great great great great grandchildren murder my son, the deal's off. Remember how I asked you to kill your son and then changed my mind? It's kind of like that. But seriously. Don't you kill my boy, or I am going to void this deal here and give it to all of mankind. And don't tell anyone else about my son either. It's our secret until the Romans.... ah you don't know them, nevermind. They're like Maced--forget it forget it. Anyway the land I'm going to promise to... look just do what I tell you, when I tell you, and when I don't tell you it means keep doing what you were doing. Now go slaughter some animals, I'm hungry.

>> No.19664880
File: 33 KB, 443x455, 1584295271329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664854
Another christer who hates philosophy, if I had a denarius. . .

>> No.19664898

>>19662484
The Qur’an was inspired by demons, and the Pajeets worship cows and shit in rivers. Orthodoxy it is, then

>> No.19664903

>>19662944
>Christians who also accept Advaita
You’re not a Christian

>> No.19664909
File: 158 KB, 1280x850, 799427801a7ed4554b6aac442163b14a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664880
Correct philosophy, love of wisdom, is just theology. Read Wisdom of Solomon.

>> No.19664936

>>19664909
True but Abrahamism is corrupted. Nothing you can do about it. Spiritual wickedness. The inclination is partly biological.

>> No.19664951

>>19664898
What is it about Orthodoxy that you think would prevent it from eventually catching up to the rest of the Christian world? They have the same religious DNA, but if it isn't the environment that they are in, what is the factor? I am curious because I am sure you have some resentful diatribe you could go off on about whatever Protestant or Catholic background your parents were too apathetic to raise you into, and how degenerated those churches must be. Because the logical conclusion is Islam if you just want strict monotheism, with no scholastic debates about filoque or ecumenicism, and heavy-handed morality enforcement.

>> No.19664956

>>19664951
I mean the answer would be "the holy spirit keeps us from straying off the path" from the orthodox's own perspective

>> No.19664958

>>19664909
>theo-logy isn't doctrines about god
Illiterate and anti-philosophical, monotheism falls back to its citadel of "well i believe it"

>> No.19664966

>>19664956
Why were the orthodox... chosen... shall we say, by the spirit? There must be something better than a non-answer.

>> No.19665049
File: 337 KB, 1025x725, CF429A6E-FC46-4AD4-9D65-C00E2DA38227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664951
>eventually catching up to the rest of the Christian world?
Hopefully we never do. We don’t need modernism

>> No.19665062

>>19664966
They see themselves as the living continuation of the original disciples jesus revealed himself to so yes they're chosen in some abstract sense but anyone can join the orthodox church

>> No.19665064

>>19664844
>It’s stupid to be against the racist manufactured consent campaign against slavic/Russian peoples

Go hang yourself, agent Caruthers.

>> No.19665079

>>19665049
There's a weird argument to be made that communism's ideological freezing of the 1920s protected much of the Orthodox world from the Western social movements of the 1960s and 70s, but that's over now.
>>19665062
All major Christian denominations believe this

>> No.19665324

>>19664936
>Abrahamism is corrupted
You see, this isn't going to solve anything. Ok, abrahamism is different but what caused it?
>The inclination is partly biological.
There were and still are ethnic groups who are racially close to jews and yet, they can have different religious traditions. The stories from the Bible are also similar to others of other more or less related people from that area.
The questions rises again, what is the cause of abrahamic/semitic mentality?

>> No.19665382

>>19665324
>cause of abrahamic/semitic mentality
usury and slavery. It can really only be understood when examining the historic context. There was one guy who made an honest effort trying to connect the dots (The Sumerian Swindle) but it is obvious he has a chip on his shoulders prevented him from being more objective. I'm fairly confident that there will be others who will publish on this subject.

>> No.19665558
File: 341 KB, 680x488, BEGOOOOOM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665079
>All major Christian denominations believe this
You don't understand, ortoduks have shiny costumes and icooooons. They are obviously CHOOOOOSEN and if you cannot see this then you are under ddeMOOOOONIC control.

>> No.19665567

>>19665558
It is literally the entire thing about the orthodox, the concept of continual consensus among them. It's different than having a pope each generation who is the sole authority, and protestants dont even claim an unbroken lineage at all.

Dumb meme poster

>> No.19665575
File: 127 KB, 1280x720, 1640031216831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19664628
Faggot, Muslims literally conquered the majority of your lands and are continuing to take over the East. Your religion is a perversion of Christianity since it cannot claim to be fruitful and it cannot even beat a religion of imbeciles (muslims). It's basically a capeshit religion like pic-related.

>> No.19665585

>>19665567
this supposed Orthodox consensus doesn't seem to be much of a consesus without the Roman emperor

>> No.19665600

>>19665585
Sure, but the orthodox kept doing the same decentralized consensus thing while the catholics just have the one guy.

>> No.19665631

>>19665567
imbecile, ortoduks have no unity and that's why they had to make up autocephaly to pretend that unity is unimportant. what's more, the absence of unity among the ortoduks gives them licence to innovate the most outrageous rituals the likes of which would make an actual christian squirm and gag when confronted by. ortoduky is a meme-religion whose members are simply deracinated, mutagenic misfits that, like parasites in a field of hosts, enter the ortoduk religion to simply retain some means -- scant though they be -- of outward mindfulness -- hence the significance of externals to most ortodukys, if you've bothered to listen to most of their nauseating stories of cooonversion.
you cannot point to ortoduk unity. you cannot point to ortoduk catholicity, and hardly (following the conquests by Islam) can you point to ortoduk apostilicity. The PROTESTANTS CAN all of these things show receipts for. Ortoduks have re-invented their religion over and over again so many times (why they have no records if you insist upon them) that 'consensus' is the best they have as proof that their religion is anything but a meme, counterfeit religion that has bastardized Christianity for centuries now.

>> No.19665655

>>19665631
>imbecile
Stopped reading there tbqh

>> No.19665672

>>19665655
>oh no i can't refute anon
you are an imbecile

>> No.19665708

>>19664572
So, the only people who got saved when Jesus descended to hell were jews? Why did God show himself only to a group of desert nomads and never even called himself God?

>> No.19665714

>>19665600
What's the consensus exactly? It seems entirely geopolitical, in which case Rome has the advantage of having replaced the emperor with the pope, in charge of the whole church, while without an emperor authority in the Orthodox world is split between the titular patriarch of "constantinople" whose seat is in an Islamic country, and the patriarch of Moscow, which is the largest of these cadet Orthodox churches. And they've each declared the other heretical yes?

>> No.19665769

Can someone explain in somewhat simple terms why autists are so convinced that Orthodox Christianity is correct and Roman Catholicism (and everything else "Abrahamic", I suppose) isn't?

>> No.19665903
File: 626 KB, 1024x1980, 1024px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665769
allows for mysticism
no massive paedophile problem
aesthetic churches
cool chants/hymns/rites
attractive russian women
sophisticated theology
no disgusting evangelical plastic american consumerist crap with guitars and obese people
trad values that remain timeless
anti lgbtxqyzyuwodn+2^3
mount athos doesn't allow women on the premises
no women priests
complex systems of icons, angels, divine realms, etc
clearly-mapped and systematised routes from exterior to interior, explicit to esoteric
churches maintain traditional style and aren't filled with television screens and other crap
cool bass parts in liturgical singing
chad priests with big beards

Most autists are high iq and environmentally sensitive, with 'male' brains (high testosterone) who dislike feminine culture.

>> No.19665930

>>19665769
Roman Catholicisim is hispanic or french or god forbid Polish and its churches are generally ugly and the pope is left wing and it's filled with paedophiles

Islam is terroristic and the quran is a vulgar forgery

Protestantism is either liberal wishy-washy gay stuff or fascist evangelical biblical literalism that believes adam and eve rode dinosaurs

Judaism is for Jews. I have no problem with it, but if you're not a Jew, why would you practise Judaism? It's a religion for a specific people, and if you're not of that people, why are you doing it? It's like white people getting involved in black lives matter activism. It's embarrassing.

>> No.19666042

>>19665903
>>19665930
Ok but is there anything doctrinal that makes it objectively correct? Also fuck byzantium

>> No.19666061

>>19665769
Because the pope is a prog(which is its own religion that contradicts christianity) and protestants are just a ridiculous hodge podge. Even before the pope was a prog the catholic church was always doing shifty stuff. That leaves orthodox as the default and they seem the most consistent with the past

If I were going to convert to christianity though I would have to invent my own protestant sect

>> No.19666066

>>19661421
nigger

>> No.19666079

>>19665769
Read a rock and sand. Catholics separated from the Orthodox in 1054 AD, and separated themselves from all the other churches in Antioch, Jerusalem, Alexandria, Constantipole, and other massive church areas and patriarchs.

So with this being said, Orthodoxy is the original branch from there the Catholics separated themselves from the Orthodoxs and the rest of the church because of corruption within two generations (for example a Cardinal who wanted more power and then became Pope) and then they also created a heresy called the “ filioque” which essentially made the Holy Spirit seem to come from both the Son and the Father, which was wrong. (Which Protestants kept in their tradition).

So from there you have the Protestant reformation which came from the failed Catholic branch, and the Orthodoxy reached out to Martin Luther to re-establish the church in the west but he said no because he could give up some tenants he believed in (such as saved by grace alone).

So yeah essentially if you read the history of the church you will understand that Orthodoxy has always been right.

But Father Trenham writes this history a lot better in his book “A rock and sand” so read that if you want more insight

>> No.19666192
File: 210 KB, 792x379, Phocas-Decree.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665769
Orthodox Prelest

>> No.19666193

>>19666079
can't find a pdf

>> No.19666210
File: 101 KB, 1052x409, Bonifacius.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665903
>>19665930
>>19666061
>>19666079
Orthodox are Schismatics and envious of The Holders of the True Faith.
>>19666192

>> No.19666225
File: 396 KB, 1855x1943, cropped-IMG_3111.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19666042
Of course there isn't. So many Orthobros get into it purely for aesthetic reasons. Which, to be fair, is a failure of the Roman Church in the aftermath of Vatican 2. But their doctrinal reasons for disliking Catholicism are ultimately nonsense, or they're the result of mistranslations (like the filioque) that the Orthos are too stubborn to correct.

Also, for some REAL fun, the Orthos permit divorce and remarriage despite Jesus explicitly forbidding it. The Catholics, for all their problems, still forbid divorce. Go bring up divorce to the Orthos and watch them squirm.

>> No.19666246

>>19665903
>Most autists are high iq
you are an imbecile, as most autists are literally retarded, like yourself.
also
>muh shiny objects
you are literally a coom-brained ortholarper. see >>19665631

>> No.19666256
File: 112 KB, 643x800, our-lady-of-the-rosary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyway, OP, if you have realized that Modernity is hopelessly broken and divorced from God, there's no book you should read to decide where to go next. What you need is prayer. Only God can lead you out of the despair that suffuses the Modern world. Start praying the Rosary every day, you won't regret it. Prayer will guide you forward.

>> No.19666260

>>19666079
>>19666210
Does anyone else find it hilarious that cyberchristers are relying on the decrees of these late antiquity hierophants, who used a cynical mix of theology/scripture/legal tradition to argue over who has the right to tax/loot the last vestiges of the Roman empire, all in order to decide which version of Christianity is the most based and redpilled? You can try to pick which guy had the best pilpul in whichever year and jurisdiction and decide that's where the real church is, but it's turtles all the way down.

>> No.19666269
File: 32 KB, 700x400, 1589557905524.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19666256
Based pagan poster. Let us pray to the primordial waifu, untouched by man

>> No.19666396
File: 63 KB, 1202x221, Pope-GregoryI.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19666260
Imbecile, Boniface III was given the Decree of Phocas, wherein the Ecclesiastical Primacy of Rome was established following the heresies coming out of Constantinople during the time of Pope Gregory I (Boniface was his successor)

>> No.19666400
File: 141 KB, 1036x581, PopeBonifaceIII.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19666210
>>19666260
Allow me to highlight the relevant section for the imbeciles.

>> No.19666404

>>19666396
Thank you for very precisely illustrating my point. I couldn't have said it better.

>> No.19666429

>>19666400
It's worth knowing Phocas was a usurper of the throne who would be overthrown in a few years, and he had thus every reason in the world to say the rabbi of Rome was better than the Constantinople one, as he had conquered the latter's city as a rebel. And you take this banal geopolitical wrangling to be an important religious matter!

>> No.19666459 [DELETED] 
File: 181 KB, 1158x1742, AnnalesEcclesiastici-Baronii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19666404
You prefer obscurantism to History because you are a fraud and you only laugh at Church History because in the absence of your gay autistic screeching/laughter, there is nothing to support your fanciful claims regarding the orthodox heresy.

>>19666429
And who are the ones calling Phocas the usurper? It is not my fault that you are too proud to submit to the Will of God.

>> No.19666486

>>19661421
Heidegger is the final boss
Guenon more or less plagiarised most of his work from him

>> No.19666493

>>19666459
>politics is god's will
that's a room temperature take, christlarper

>> No.19666607

>>19661421
> My faith in modernity has been destroyed.
You’ve been radicalized. Come back otherwise ywn have sex or a gf. There’s still time.

>> No.19666617

>>19666066
Checked/based

>> No.19666623

>>19666607
No, he should go all the way and transcend.

>> No.19666650
File: 75 KB, 750x464, d99259430e686231ec742a97c13d653630b009d34abdc749a81d61c11a9d65ae_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy based

>> No.19666709

>>19666650
He's not wrong.

>> No.19666994

>>19665079
>All major Christian denominations believe this
Not really, most believe the other "denominations" (i.e. sinful sects) are "valid" in some form and you can follow them and be saved.

>> No.19667022

>>19665708
No, of course not. Noah and Adam were not Jews, neither was Job. There were other believers of God in different nations as well. You find worship of the Creator in almost every culture although it got distorted with time since people loved idols more than God.

>Why did God show himself only to a group of desert nomads and
Everyone in the ancient world knew about God because all descend from Noah, who is just one living person away from directly speaking with Adam. Knowing about God doesn't mean you choose to worship Him, pharaoh and the Babylonians clearly knew His power but still chose to disobey.

>never even called himself God?
What?

>And God spoke all these words, saying:
>“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of [a]bondage.
>“You shall have no other gods before Me.

>> No.19667028
File: 93 KB, 850x400, quote-what-then-shall-a-catholic-christian-do-if-some-novel-contagion-attempt-to-infect-no-vincent-of-lerins-84-7-0716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665769
Because we follow the original teachings of the holy apostles, not theological innovations which can change drastically in a couple of centuries from proclaiming something heresy for ages, then making saints out of supposed heretics.

>> No.19667039

>>19666210
>Orthodox are Schismatics and envious of The Holders of the True Faith.
Even your church dogmatically proclaims you can be saved while explicitly holding that your faith is demonic. Your church speaks against yourself, if you even are a part of a non-internet church.

>> No.19667041

>>19667022
Pharaoh was god you filthy pleb.

>> No.19667105
File: 181 KB, 1158x1742, AnnalesEcclesiastici-Baronii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19667028
>>19667039
Seething Schismatics, divorced from the Body of Christ and the possibility of salvation. Maybe knowledge will help, but of their pride I fear only the grace of God may be able to pierce their darkened hearts. Repent. Convert. Humble yourselves.

>> No.19667128

>>19667105
See>>19666650

>> No.19667139

>>19667105
>divorced from the Body of Christ and the possibility of salvation.
How was the Roman Catholic saint Gregory Palamas saved according to your scheme? Is Rome wrong on his salvation? Are you sedevacantist?

>> No.19667163

hey guys alcoholic anon here, I was looking more into the eastern church recently

Was raised irreligious and had the internet and video games from a young age so while I'm not technically "autistic" that effect of that have rubbed off on me.
At this point in my life I have totally rejected atheism and acknowledge the likelihood of God and being a white American feel a draw towards Christ. For better or for worse.

However the "belief" aspect is the only hurdle. I was raised irreligious and growing up I saw this as being impartial, able to look at things objectively but now I see it more as a skill I lack.

Anyways getting to the crux of my point. After Highschool I join the military and specifically the Airborne Infantry. I don't consider myself an alcoholic but I feel the only time I can shake the very logical numbers orientated ""autistic"" side of me is when I'm drinking hard liquor and my heart opens up to God. Beautiful music of the religious nature also has a powerful effect on me during this.

So I'm pulled in multiple directions, do I stay sober as the Bible teaches and see God as a logical presupposition or do I intoxicate myself and possibly feel closer to God or is this just an illusion clouded by drink?

>> No.19667218

>>19667163
>drinking hard liquor and my heart opens up to God.
That's impossible and is just on the level of feelings, not real communion with God. Christ is Logos so you need a clear mind to communicate with God, intoxication is only used by pagans to communicate with their spirits who weaken the intellect, not strengthen it like Christ does.
I consider just praying to Christ for granting you belief and showing you His will for you. It's very much in His power to do this but you have to be prepared to follow Him. Also go to an Orthodox church and pray there.

>Pride does not allow the soul to set out on the path of faith. Here is my advice to the unbeliever: let him say, “Lord, if you exist, then illumine me, and I will serve you with all my heart and soul.” And for this humble thought and readiness to serve God, the Lord will immediately illumine him… And then your soul will sense the Lord; she will sense that the Lord has forgiven her, and loves her, and you will know this from experience, and the grace of the Holy Spirit will be a witness in your soul of your salvation, and you will want to cry out to the whole world: “The Lord loves us so much!”
- St. Silouan the Athonite

>> No.19667229

>>19667163
It is pretty clear that being drunk precludes you from meeting God.

Leviticus 10:9
"You and your sons are not to drink wine or strong drink when you enter the Tent of Meeting, or else you will die; this is a permanent statute for the generations to come.

>> No.19667269
File: 34 KB, 427x300, aaf5386a6df63ed7365e692db3dc6da8b21d7af95b1830923f944464393e556d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19667163
Im just an anon, but I dont think you should invalidate yourself. Try attending Sunday Liturgy and speaking to the priest afterwards. I'm Greek and was born into cult my parents were in. I don't speak Greek and have only loosely participated in the customs my parents retained. If you're still in your 20s see if there's any events on for youth. I found the church after my own search for the truth when I was younger, But I stayed because I was able to participate and learn with people my age that had similar interests. I didnt notice any disparity between the way Greeks and other ethnicities were treated at my parish - and the priest was more than happy to answer what I felt were 'stupid questions.' However, that wasn't the case at others. When I was much younger I had to attend family functions, and I felt very dismissed by the clergy when they found out I was Greek, non-speaking, and not baptized, and i've found even some other youth groups i've interacted with have that old school 'Greek-ego' mentality.

What I would say to you more concisely is come on sunday, see how you go, and speak to the priest aftewards. At least here, the Church has made a great effort to shed that mortality over the last 5+ years.

>> No.19667337
File: 650 KB, 2268x2584, UrbanInCoenaDomini.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19667163
If you feel a draw towards Christ, that is very good to hear anon. I am very happy to hear that from you. Not many people can say this. I doubt your "disbelief" even. If you feel drawn to the Lord, already you have perceived what it is about His Sacred Heart that, to the world may seem lugubrious and out of this world even, is so drawing. You have felt it because you have believed it. And you have believed it because the Lord is the Good Shepherd, and like the little lost sheep that you are He has made it so, through His Mystical Will, that you will return to his embrace, where you will feel warmth more warm even than the warmth that a bottle of alcohol can impart to you. Yes anon it is so. It is so good that I feel a sense of joy about your condition as it is even now, obscured by ignorance and lack of virtue. Go to Him, and He Will find His way to you.
Only realize this: Only Rome can give Him to you fully and most faithfully. And you will love Rome, brother. You will love Rome so much because therein is the successor of St. Peter, and St. Peter as we know is the one to whom Christ gave the most blessed promise of all time (with respect to human institutions) which is that always the Holy Spirit would reside therein and the Grace of God for your most beneficent salvation.
And if you have yet to believe, Rome will take care of that for you, dear lost brother; the fact that you love Christ so much already is what betrays a belief within already don't doubt it so. Rome will take care of the rest, don't you worry dear brother.
>>19667218
>>19667229
>>19667269
Begone, filthy, shabby Schismatics. There is no life in you, any of you! Prelest is what you have a terminal case of, all of you!

>> No.19667369

>>19667337
>I doubt your "disbelief" even
yeah in a way I doubt my "disbelief" even. I do remember hearing about " Play gee in" (can't spell atm intoxicated)
but i think its a heresy but he basically said if you keep doing something you believe its ok.
which in a way i feel like because i can acknowledge these sort of theological cases for Christ in one way then maybe it is belief
however despite being able to accept the logical cases for Christ I've never felt a sort of belief/love of god beyond the intellectual acceptance of a possible existence.

anyways I will take your advice anon. Is there anything you can recommend for that feel i just wrote?

>> No.19667536

>>19667369
Yes yes, in our lives we will ceaselessly fall into error. But take heart in that the Mercy of God is greater than any errors we may unwittingly hold. Yes anon, I believe that the Mercy of God is working in you now as I write this, and working no less as you read this. And as you begin to take an active role in God's Divine Plan for you, you will, even if unconsciously at first, notice how easier it is for you to follow Him -- the more you pursue, the easier it is for you to catch up to Him. He will never be too insurmountable to catch because indeed, in the end it will be His Net that will have made the catch! Never be too afraid too believe in Him!

As for suggestions, I am never in short supply of those. For you, I will recommend these bad boys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFJmrjgbgE (nice soundtrack)
https://archive.org/details/20210411_20210411_1317/SM+33-15%E2%80%A2f1.wav (holy music)
https://archive.org/details/godsbattalionsca0000star (nice book, but need to have an account with archive.org for access (which is free))

May you go with God, brother. Never cease chase!

>> No.19667592

>>19667536
The Libretto for the Richard Einhorn concert so it's easier to follow along ~_^
https://www.richardeinhorn.com/voices-of-light-1
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5adf89b14cde7a8a5fe53266/t/5b138774f950b72b535a74dd/1528006517161/VOL+Libretto+3rd+Edition.pdf

>> No.19667891

>>19666225
> So many Orthobros get into it purely for aesthetic reasons
My direct observation is that many tradcaths convert for aesthetics and never establish a pastoral or in depth relationship with that church. Many of the people who went towards Orthodoxy for this reason later become Catholics...
Every time I hear this argument it feels like Catholic projection.

>> No.19667925

>>19661421
Guenon is a awful writter fuck off

>> No.19668540
File: 70 KB, 1000x866, FHeyV67XsAEykkn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19665903
>t.pic
5% of russians believe in God and 19% claim religion is important to them(compare it with over 50% for americans) btw. You are an icooner choosing denomination like a toy.

>> No.19668599

>>19666486
Guenon plagiarized someone... after him?

>> No.19668656
File: 210 KB, 830x551, e7f45cc8c3fe8f50fa2517089e633e39cc2ee9fc5b6022aee9c8077a8eaf8508.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19667337
>original chruch
>schismatics
>muh rome

Pemium seethe

>> No.19669649

>>19661421
>Guénon
>traditionalism
why is this fucker so fashionable suddenly?
this constant shilling really smells like a contrived alt-right psyop or some shit

>> No.19669669

>>19663852
he's batshit crazy then

>> No.19669710

>>19664667
I am really thankful to this website because it makes me realize that psycho bible thumpers like you exist in the real world in this day and age and it's a bit scary to be honest

>> No.19669719

>>19666225
>the Orthos permit divorce and remarriage despite Jesus explicitly forbidding it
You have to understand Jesus was talking to Jews who were still under the law of Moses. From my understanding, after Christ was "crucified", any obligation we had to the law was destroyed, and now it is not works to the law that define our creed, but the Holy Spirit.

>> No.19669733

>>19665930
Confessional Lutheranism as a via media between Roman and Orthodox Catholics, still able to dialogue with the modern world and boomer protestants who are the only significant religious population in the western world. Also the whitest congregation and with a strong history of anti-semitism!

>> No.19669743

>>19665049
>We don’t need modernism
it would be real nice if you could charitably give your computer away to someone who does embrace modernity and soesn't aim to stay stuck in the middle ages
as an added benefit, it would also imply that you'd stop posting your schizo ramblings here
and that would be double awesome

>> No.19669764

>>19665903
>it's just like warhammer 40k!

>> No.19670446

>>19663752
this ignore the edgelord who thinks Christianity is just a flavour you explore and mould around your character. It is the gate to objective Truth, God.

>> No.19670450

>>19662484
>Islam (a Christian heresy)
t. ex-muslim

>> No.19670494

>>19670446
>objective Truth
this is a redundant and lazy hyperbole.

>> No.19670669

>>19668540
You should understand that you're responding to a memer. You should also understand that you are too.

I have only seen TradCaths like you expose the nakedness of their brother Christians like this. I prefer not to do the same thing, but you’ve been doing this for years, so I’m going to respond. You spread your sin.

Do I need to talk about how most Catholics, likely you as well, don’t have a pastoral relationship with a priest? This allows you to post stupid and prideful things online which attack authentic Christians without feeling guilty.

Do I need to say how you are a gamer cradle Catholic who converted/started to/taking Catholicism more seriously because of ‘Muh Evola,’ ‘Muh Heritage,’ ‘Muh Tradition’? I have persistently seen Traditionalist/Nationalist types(in the negative sense, myself included) align these views to the Church. Let me comment that Evola called himself a ‘catholic-pagan.’

Do I need to comment about how the worldly powers have so overtaken Catholicism that you ‘trads’ will forever and totally be a significant minority among the comfortable, secular, and worldly Sunday/holiday Catholics? That there are many secular examples including our president, congress members, and supreme court justices who are of this type, utterly failing to follow authentically through with traditional Catholic moral teaching?

Do you see the way the winds blow? Do you really think that the Catholic Church will all of a sudden embrace being ‘le-based traditionalist’ Church again?

>> No.19670673

>>19670669
Seraphim Rose correctly stated that Catholicism preserved the outward character of the original church, since it is an apostolic church, but that it has lost the inner character of the original church.

Cry all you want about Seraphim Rose, calling a saint of god evil names and denigrating him and the such. You do realize that if your fantasy of Orthodox giving up everything they believe in and submitting to le based Rome or whatever, that he would be your saint too? Do you think that any small part of your fantasy will be fulfilled through your kind of embittering behavior?

To that end, where are your modern desert ascetics? Where are the men crying in the wilderness over their sins and the sins of the world? Who turn the dirt and evil of the world into polished diamonds? You Catholics have been in this land for a longer time than us Orthodox, yet we already have many more holy men.

The gates of hell will not prevail against the Church. When I look at Catholicism, why, then, do I only see it being consistently prevailed against since the renaissance?

Stop pretending like you aren’t even more guilty of the things that you accuse others of, why are you so incapable of considering yourself a great sinner? To paraphrase E. Michael Jones, who we both like, a sinner sees his sin manifest everywhere. We both dislike the world. We are more similar than you think. Stop attacking your fellow Christians as sworn enemies.

To end, this sneaky and malevolent ‘reasonable’ double-sidedness is evil,
I see mainly Catholics being this uncharitable and unkind, and what you need to do is stop being extremely online, talk to a priest (many of whom are more charitable to us Orthodox), and repent. Stop looking at other Christians, and look inward.

>> No.19670928

>>19669710
someone who's actually sane here wow

>> No.19670957

>>19669710
cry harder redditoid

>> No.19671195

>>19663796
Why did he choose to become Muslim? What was it about Islam that ultimately won him over?

>> No.19671233

>>19670673
>calling a saint of god
you are in a state of confusion, anon.
read the pic in this >>19661885 post to really understand that it is not a 'saint of god' that you speak of but maybe something more like a man full of prelest and mortal sin.

>> No.19671240

>>19670673
>You Catholics have been in this land for a longer time than us Orthodox, yet we already have many more holy men.
this is false, but pointing out your ignorance wont stop your prelest I suppose.

>> No.19671248

>>19670673
>Stop attacking your fellow Christians as sworn enemies.
You are a Schismatic and stop pretending that you are holier than anyone just because you are the most stupid and obscurantist.

>> No.19671249

>>19671195
Ortholarp moment.
Even their prophet seraphim praised Guénon

>> No.19671282

>>19670673
>The gates of hell will not prevail against the Church.
>When I look at Catholicism, why, then, do I only see it being consistently prevailed against since the renaissance?
Do you not see how you are committing prelest by these two contradictory statements alone?! Are you really such a deluded imbecile that you do not see what blasphemy against CHRIST that you speak! Repent or face the severe consequences for your presumptuous spiritual delusions!

>> No.19671284

>>19661421
evola

>> No.19671313

>>19670669
>I have only seen TradCaths like you expose the nakedness of their brother Christians like this. I prefer not to do the same thing, but you’ve been doing this for years, so I’m going to respond.
You arrogant knave! You profusely stupid person! You imbecile! You are not only naked, but a Schismatic! Understand that being separated from Rome, you are also departed from That which sustains Rome. You are not only naked, but an emaciated tramp freezing in the spiritual desert that is your Schism! Is it any wonder why you are so impotent, being spiritually neutered and full of delusions as you are, the way a starved man, in the cold dark, sees a piece of bread where a stone is! Is it rather not the stones in your belly that weighs you down than your misperceptions of Rome!? Imbecile!

>> No.19671318

>>19661885
He was a homosexual, and upon being initiated into the Christian faith successfully defeated homosexuality until he perished. He is a good example to fags.

>> No.19671338

>>19671282
>presumptuous spiritual delusions
every post ITT

>> No.19671482

>I'm right, you're wrong, take that!!!!
Very low IQ Catholic behavior.
Your people have been screaming this for hundreds of years. No wonder tradition declined in your Church. You tradcath guys need to stop being bigots, your kind of behavior coined the term in its original sense.
Lots of coordinated posts here today. Not to be schizo, but I appear to have upset one or another cradle tradcath gamer discord hive…
>>19671233
>UHOH WHAT IS REPENTANCE LOL?
You, simply, do not understand Christianity. It is hard to understand your post because of how stupid it is. Pharisaical behavior.
First, you really trust ANY biographies of conservative or religious people on Wikipedia.
Second, even if he was of this persuasion, he repented, unlike many unrepentant and active homosexuals in the Catholic Hierarchy. I don’t think he was of that persuasion, he considered marrying several times after becoming Orthodox.
>>19671282
Prelest does not mean someone defeating you in an argument. You might be in prelest, here, actually. I don't believe that I’m a brave Internet Heritage Crusader. Get real and get offline.

Being religious does not mean you have to be low IQ, okay? Non-Christians, as well as Christians, lose respect for you when you tradcaths do this. I’m not committing prelest, I’m stating that the Catholic Church is not the True Church. I’m stating that it does not remain faithful to the first century Church and that it is a worldly system, as evidenced by all the tradcaths in this thread. Reject comfort and come home to Orthodoxy.
>>19671313
>Tradcath larp, the post.
You’re committing prelest. You’re also abusing the English language. It’s really strange how someone can sound so ornate while saying what amounts to, “I’M RIGHT U’R WRONG!!!”

>> No.19671493

>>19671482
I haven’t been on this board for years, so I’d like to end by giving anybody lurking a notion of why tradcaths seem so pervasive online compared to orthobros.

Tradcaths stay online, debating and insulting on 4chan, screeching that they are right, forever. Most of them are identitarians and cradle Catholics.

Orthobros, for one reason or another, :), stop being online. They get wise and stop arguing inanely. Their lives change for the better. They stop being extremely online. Most of them are converts who care more about the Truth and Christianity itself than worldliness.

>> No.19671649

>>19671482
>Lots of coordinated posts here today. Not to be schizo, but I appear to have upset one or another cradle tradcath gamer discord hive…
projection
>First, you really trust ANY biographies of conservative or religious people on Wikipedia.
cope
>Prelest does not mean someone defeating you in an argument.
this is actually a cringe af statement desu
> “I’M RIGHT U’R WRONG!!!”
I couldn't have said it better myself. You are in fact wrong, simple as.
>>19671493
>Orthobros, for one reason or another, :), stop being online. They get wise and stop arguing inanely. Their lives change for the better. They stop being extremely online. Most of them are converts who care more about the Truth and Christianity itself than worldliness.
this is projection, once again.

Ortoduks, follow your assblasted friend's advice. Leave.

>> No.19671666

>>19671482
>he considered marrying several times after becoming Orthodox
This refusal to become a licensed heterosexual is really the best evidence that he never really gave up his, uh, Greek, notions of love. I think it's wonderful that Eastern Orthodoxy is so welcoming of that, and indeed very modern of them compared to these other retrograde churches who try to hide the fact that their clergy are more than just homosocial.

>> No.19671677

>>19671666
>I think it's wonderful that Eastern Orthodoxy is so welcoming of that
>666
Yes, the Ortoduk Schismatics are no doubt replete with error.

>> No.19672452

>>19671284
Based

>> No.19672464

>>19670669
>Evola called himself a ‘catholic-pagan
Please show me where, this sounds like a joke. He shit on christianity oftzn and wrote page after page about how it should be avoided for initiatic purposes.

>> No.19673751

>>19672464
Not that anon but Evola was a big fan of the templars and medieval chivalry in general, among the few books which he recommended for the young generations was Dante's De Monarchia. Evola had philosophical reasons to dislike Christianity but when christians were right, they were right. He wasn't some /pol/tard to think that Christ was a kike and therefore all Christianity was invalid.

>> No.19675127

>>19661421
Ortholarpers continue to show why im glad Guenon did not touch their autism

>> No.19675134

>>19662484
/thread, although with point 2, the exclusivism does not always take place

>> No.19675221

>>19675134
Looking at the people which Guenon inspired to go on that path, I think that it does most of the time. Personally I find hindu paths much healthier for the flexibility of the mind, I am not yet initiated but the atmosphere is much better, you will never see a hindu judge another tradition based on historical people or events, only on metaphysics.

>> No.19675449

>>19675221
I have not found that to be the case myself, but whatever works best for you anon. I hope you find luck in getting initiated

>> No.19675476
File: 666 KB, 1926x2048, D8ZMq1rXsAANSUQ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jay Dyer is good.
Some people don't take him seriously because he does goofy meme humor and what not, but when discusses serious issues he knows what he is talking about, and he is is very well read, intelligent, and philosophically astute.

>> No.19675485
File: 949 KB, 2560x1600, 1641058265636.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Jay does good work.
https://youtu.be/0SbFzvTKTzM

>> No.19675524

>>19661421
>Fr. Seraphim Rose
Why do American Ortho larpers like this man so much?

>> No.19675536

>>19675524
He is very popular in Russia as well, and also why do Catholics in these threads seethe so hard and call everyone an "Ortho larper"?

>> No.19675544
File: 85 KB, 496x787, Fr._Serpahim_Rose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19675524
He was ahead of his time. He speaks to our generation right now.

>> No.19675550

>>19675476
Why are they posing with a book

>> No.19675557

>>19675550
The priest wrote it and Jay helped.
https://youtu.be/ZtlaqnLsVoU

>> No.19675571

>>19675536
>He is very popular in Russia as well,
I do not agree. The first time I have ever discovered this man was on /lit/. If I am not mistaken he did not once visit Russia. I am not Catholic.

>> No.19675574

>>19675571
>If I am not mistaken he did not once visit Russia
No but his writings became very popular in Russia.

>> No.19675588

>>19675574
Where in Russia do you live? I am in located outside of Yaroslavl.

>> No.19675593

>>19675588
I do not live in Russia. Why are you asking me this?

>> No.19675610

There is a very strong anti-Orthodox bias on /lit/ and in typical nihilistic 21st century fashion they call everything a larp.

>> No.19675625
File: 312 KB, 960x1346, 1636219274728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19675610
keep moving tourist, this is a demon neighborhood

>> No.19675637
File: 109 KB, 904x682, consider the following.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19675610
it's not anti orthodox, it's anti american teenagers. you goofballs arent sincere and everyone can see through this act.

>> No.19675926

>>19675637
This

>> No.19675931
File: 511 KB, 2048x1371, pope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19675950

>>19664366
*JW Chad blocks your path*

>> No.19675967

>>19675610
I think the ortho-bros are the most orthodox of all the remaining Christians but there are still major flaws and deviations from absolute truth in Christianity not especially when you examine the bible - a jewish product - and in particular the old testament. Overall Christianity is a religion symptomatic of the decline in the age of kali as the pajeet would say. Still I hope it will give you and many others the solace you need.

>> No.19676037

>>19661421
You anons need to start with Henry Corbin. Learn French if you must--or learn Arabic or Persian, since these are the only available translations--but do read him.

>> No.19676046

>>19675931
Didn't Jesus himself wash the feet of the apostles and told people to do it?
If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
—John 13:14–17
Do Orthodogs refute this now?

>> No.19676091

>>19661421
>Where does one go from here?
to a solitary cabin in the countryside

>> No.19676113

>>19661586
>internet ortholarper
HEED ME WELL anons: if you weren't born into the Eastern Orthodox Church, you don't belong there. Stop larping. You're fetishizing a culture, not celebrating Christianity.

>>19661421
How about reading holy scripture instead.

>> No.19676351

>>19675544
see >>19661885

>> No.19677081

>>19676351
Why are you holding his sins which he repented from against him? He was honest about his past and he made no attempt to hide it. He spoke about how evil and spiritually destructive that lifestyle is. He turned away from it.

>> No.19677166

Even the worst ‘ortholarper’ is eventually ground down and stops his bad behavior, what can you say when you guys have been like this, continually, for years?
You’re saying this stuff because the sole reason so man you you entered Catholicism was a fetishization of their own culture, heritage, or some sort of abstract ‘West’ in general, probably from a former white nationalist persuasion. Or they’re an egotistic American cradle catholic teenager, in which case no wonder they’re saying things like this.

Here’s some news for you about your sacred west. The golden renaissance is for us a denigration from Tradition. Catholic stewardship of the west utterly failed. You have some hilarious idea of going back to some golden age of Europe when that state was already in degeneration and lead here, as if that state wouldn’t degenerate again if it was somehow hilariously brought back. All this absolutist talk didn’t do any good for the Catholics historically, and it doesn’t do any good now.

You cannot even understand how someone standing outside your church would see your many errors? You call us larpers when literally everything you do online is some sort of crusader strong man fascist teenager larp with a copious amount of projection about gaming and masturbation?

The way you’re behaving is double minded and Jewish. You actually come out and say that we’re fetishizing a foreign culture, when literally everything you do is fetishization of some abstract ‘West’? Why don't you just accept Novus Ordo? Stop trying to fetishize the past in what is a worldy and modern Church.
When someone is appreciating another culture, besides, of course, the glorious Catholic west, you call it fetishization.
When someone is appreciating their own culture, when they like Tradition which can coexist with the vernacular, unlike Novus Ordo, you call them Burgerdox.

You need to understand that being a low IQ bigot is not a virtue.

>>19676351
see >>19671482

>> No.19677441

>>19662484
/thread

>> No.19677543

>>19677166
>Even the worst ‘ortholarper’ is eventually ground down and stops his bad behavior, what can you say when you guys have been like this, continually, for years?
What's funny is that you say this as if you have any authority on the matter. You are, as this wince-inducing statement alone reveals, a narcissist. The rest of the 'paragraph' is nonsense and ignorance.
>Here’s some news for you about your sacred west.
You do know that you sound really stupid, right? What follows is hollow and empty of content and in fact, I'm shocked that you sound as dull as you do.
>The way you’re behaving is double minded and Jewish.
Only a mouthbreather could write this dully.
>When someone is appreciating their own culture, when they like Tradition which can coexist with the vernacular, unlike Novus Ordo, you call them Burgerdox.
Are you telling me that you are actually Eastern European? In that case, my sincere apologies.

Really, reading your 'world-view' is almost disappointing because of how hollow it is -- there is no gain, no interest and no significance to you words. Not only are your views on history so crude and devoid of thoughtful analysis, but I'm almost convinced that you're just repeating something that you've heard from someone else -- and not someone very bright at that. It's no surprise that it's so easy to criticize you for being a superficial person, attracted not to the content of religion but the externals alone (do the jingles, costumes, aromas and BEEEEARDS of the East come to your mind?). Now go on. There is nothing more I care to say to you.

>> No.19677589

>>19661421
He's not the final boss, but he is a joy to read. start with rev to the human heart, nihilism, then read relig. of the future, and genesis and creation last. Attend liturgy, read the bible, pray. God Bless you.

Also he is not a saint. Please don't post icon of him.

>> No.19677597

>>19666607
Only rational poster in thread

>> No.19678099

>>19677543
Your abuse of your God-given rationality and your usage of it as a bludgeon against those who point out your errors is hypocritical. Every single sentence you type is irritating, you argue like the ancient anti-Christian pagan philosophers. You sound like a scammy politician. Everything you say is a personal attack, and I could repeat most of your last paragraph right back at you. And no, I'm American, and no, Orthodoxy doesn't have any more jingles, costumes, and aromas than traditional Catholicism. Why would you talk about this? Please go back to your Novus Ordo (Unlike you, we can maintain a traditional liturgy and vernacularization. Interesting, huh?) church, and slide into worldly comfort like every single other lukewarm Catholic does, like half of your ilk that are in power.

Also, here's a hint buddy, most of the people looking at Orthodoxy for its aesthetics, have converted, to you guess it, Catholicism. It really was a larp. Catholicism just turned out to be a more comfortable and socially acceptable/accessible larp for them.

These, combined with your cold absolutist dogmatism, are the reason for the decline of your prideful civilization. It is the reason for Atheism and Secularism. It is the reason for the Protestant Reformation. The reason for the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. The reason for your church's lukewarm modernism and many centuries-long backslide into worldliness. It is the reason your schools breeds atheists and pornstars. It is the reason your Catholic societies were replaced Protestant and then/or Atheist ones.

Your great European Civilization and thought, with all of it's vile 'tradition' of snarkiness, intellectualism, and rationalistic pride, has and will be humbled. It is continually conquered in people's hearts by the passions and the demons. It is the reason people turn away from God. The destruction and demonic assault of your society is the natural conclusion of your sins.

>> No.19678120

>>19677543
The fuck is this shit

>> No.19678134

>>19666607
Radicalization is the easiest way to get laid. The only thing women hate is mediocrity and timidity.

>> No.19678166

>>19678099
>It is the reason ... It is the reason ...
> It is the reason your Catholic societies were replaced Protestant and then/or Atheist ones.
You really don't read history books do you?
> the decline of your prideful civilization.
> destruction and demonic assault of your society
> It is continually conquered
You say this as an Ortolarper? Have you read your Eastern European history? Geez, you're so clueless it's amusing to read that last paragraph. You really are an imbecile.
>>19678120
and who the fuck are you?

>> No.19678263

>>19675931
>Christ-like pope washes the feet even of poor brown people
Based

>> No.19678459

>>19678263
>Christ-like
Anti-Christ like. He mimics outer attributes of Christ while being opposed to Him. Christ did not pray with muslims and did not kiss demonic books.

>> No.19678504

>>19678459
>Christ did not pray with muslims and did not kiss demonic books.
Unironically how do Catholics excuse this? Muhammad was a clear antichrist false prophet who denied every central doctrine of Christianity and fell for demonic suggestion. I’m hardly comfortable having Qur’ans in my home

>> No.19678538

>>19678504
It's usually either "you do it too!!" and post an Orthodox bishop doing the same thing or it's "the pope is only infallible when speaking ex-cathedra but he still can't be a heretic!!!".

>> No.19678540

>>19678504
>who denied every central doctrine of Christianity
And this is a bad thing because.....?

>> No.19678550
File: 961 KB, 1024x554, 1632103388513.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678099
>The destruction and demonic assault of your society is the natural conclusion of your sins

>> No.19678577

>>19678504
>I’m hardly comfortable having Qur’ans in my home
Lmao larper

>> No.19678578
File: 1.15 MB, 466x490, cringe-face.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678459
>Christ did not pray with muslims
Is anyone going to tell him?

>> No.19678624

>>19678166
>You really don't read history books do you?
>You say this as an Ortolarper? Have you read your Eastern European history? Geez, you're so clueless it's amusing to read that last paragraph. You really are an imbecile.

You are a worldly person, concerned with worldly ideas, and worldly systems. You're a fool, a spiritual materialist and like a pagan. You, a 'Christian' find comfort in worldly success and the accomplishments of worldly systems. You don't think the first centuries of the church were full of persecution?
Nothing will ever change the fact that Orthodoxy is more faithful to the original beliefs and tenets of Christianity than your church, the first denomination and the first protestants. Nothing will change the fact that tradition is and has been for centuries utterly losing ground in your church.

>> No.19678653
File: 174 KB, 750x937, CEE5017E-A429-4C5D-8422-49AC7361EAD6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678540
He’s the Way, the Life and the Truth.

>> No.19678660

>>19678577
I’d rather have spiritually uplifting works on my shelves rather than the antichrist ramblings of a madman destined for hellfire

>> No.19678680
File: 69 KB, 634x522, 1631234695648.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678624
you are full of delusions. take time to examine what you just wrote, what you previously wrote, and how you plainly contradict yourself in order to come off as spiting me.

>> No.19678739

>>19678660
It is good to see wicked people reject it. if the jews believed in the quran, i would not fail to have some doubts about it, same with christians like you. it is because you reject it that i know it is poison to those who have evil in their hearts, and who wish to assign partners with God.

>> No.19678858

>>19678739
>it is because you reject it that i know it is poison to those who have evil in their hearts
This is illogical. We also reject Kaballah and demoniac Hindu scriptures.

>> No.19678864

>>19678577
This is the correct practice for the Christian. There's a known story of a monk having Nestorian writing in his room and because of this the Mother of God did not enter it.
The Quran is even more abhorrent than the writings of Nestorius because it is the direct speech of a fallen angel, instead of just indirect suggestions like in the case of a person recording his heresy.

>> No.19678866

>>19678739
>and who wish to assign partners with God.
Why do Muslims believe the Qur’an is co-eternal with God? Sounds like shirk to me

>> No.19678875

>>19678864
Source? Sounds like an interesting read

>> No.19678907

>>19678866
The Qur’an is basically another God for Muslims. It can even intercede for people, not to mention individual chapters of the Qur’an. Muslims are this dumb

>> No.19678924
File: 61 KB, 300x400, Blazhennyi-Ioann-Moskh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678875
It's from the Spiritual Meadow of St. John Moschus. Chapter 46:

>In this chapter Moschus recounts a story which he received from Abba Kyriakos, a priest at the Lavra of Calamon on the Jordan. One day, Abba Kyriakos had a dream which he narrated as follows:

'One day, in my sleep, I saw a woman of stately appearance clad in purple, and after her [I saw] two reverend and honourable men standing outside my cell. It seemed to me that was our Lady the Mother of God, and that the men were Saint John The Divine and Saint John the Baptist.' Since all of them were standing outside his cell, he insisted at some length on them entering, but they did not. Eventually, as he kept persisting, the lady angered by his importunity said to him coldly:
'How can you ask me to enter your cell when you have my enemy in there?'
Then she went away.

When Kyriakos awoke, he began to worry and to wonder what the lady had meant, and if he might have offended her in his thoughts, since there was nobody except him in his cell. Then, almost overcome by remorse, he rose up and took a scroll, intending to read it in order to alleviate his distress. It was a book that he had borrowed from Hesychios, priest of Jerusalem. When he unwound it, he realised there were two writings of Nestorius written at the end of it. He immediately figured out that this was the enemy of the Mother of God. So he left his cell and gave the book back to Hesychios [presbyter of Jerusalem, student of St. Gregory the Theologian], telling him that it brought adversity upon him. When the latter asked what happened, Kyriakos told him of his vision. Having heard it, Hesychios immediately cut the writings of Nestorius off from the scroll, and threw them in the fire, saying: 'The enemy of our Lady, the holy Mother of God, shall not remain in my cell either.'

>> No.19678931

>>19678866
It's just the demons making fun of Muslims by perverting the idea that Jesus, the Word of God is coeternal with the Father. All of Islam is just a perverted distortion of Christianity, even Mohammad's first revelation was 'confirmed' by a heretical Nestorian priest.

>> No.19678932

>>19661421
The good is gone, the bad is all to come: this theme is as old as literature.

>> No.19678942

>>19678924
Interesting, thank you. It makes me wonder about some of the Hindu and Islamic literature I keep around from my spiritual searcher days

>> No.19678956

>>19678942
I personally destroyed those kinds of books I had. As I understand only someone actively fighting heresy and researching it, of course with the blessing of the church, can keep such writings available to himself, and even then it's probably best to keep them someplace else, not in your room.

>> No.19678978

>>19678956
That sounds like the best idea for now. I don’t feel drawn to them at all, but probably best to keep them in a back room in the basement somewhere. It can be worth being familiar with ideas to refute them, as you say.

>> No.19679945

>>19675476
his schizo hollywood movie analysis are terrible and have no grounding in reality

>> No.19680187
File: 223 KB, 1024x680, 3149478539_c58e2805ab_b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Orthodox father influenced by a fucking philosopher? Hey about modernism, funny you should mention that,
How about the notion that u can't choose what the objective reality is to the universe, or if you're an atheist how you'll burn in hell for wanting to encapsulate knowledge to a degree you yourself are comfortable with it
Sorry if that's not what you wanted maybe you're more modern than you thought

>> No.19680554
File: 55 KB, 714x788, AB9EFCE3-3B49-4DB3-845B-609F4D2F9986.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19678864
>direct speech of a fallen angel

Say, if someone is an enemy to Jibra’īl (Gabriel) (it can by no means degrade him for) it is he who has brought it (the Qur’ān) down upon your heart by the permission of Allah, confirming what has been before it, and a guidance and good tidings to the believers.

“If someone is an enemy to Allah, His angels, and His messengers, and to Jibra’īl (Gabriel) and Mīka’īl (Michael), then Allah is enemy to the disbelievers.“

It is rich you question the origins of the Qur’an when the origins of your books and tradition are so filled with Jewish question marks. The Qur’an refutes you and your demonic ilk time and time again, and drips with the love of God, inspiring fear and awe in the believers. You might think you’re being clever by rejecting clear verses that call to forgiveness of sins and abandoning of idols (you don’t realize you call it false because it calls to good) but you will have absolutely no excuse on the Day of Judgement when you are dragged in front of Allah (if He even speaks to you) and are asked why you didn’t abandon your disbelief. You will admit it was because of your pride. If the Qur’an called to mere self interest you would have an excuse, but it calls you to witness the sovereignty of God and to shun Satan (prophetic), so you have no excuse, and are gambling your eternity on the off-chance that your tradition is preserved, when, just like the Jews, it so obviously isn’t.

>> No.19681054

>>19680554
>It is rich you question the origins of the Qur’an when the origins of your books and tradition are so filled with Jewish question marks.
Pot calling the kettle black. Cute that Muslims always jump to Jew-baiting thinking that it will work on anyone but low IQ /pol/tards

>> No.19681086

>>19678504
Know them by their fruit is what Jesus said. It's obvious that God is favoring the people on the right path.

>> No.19681166

Why are people here so aggressive and vicious against anyone interested in Orthodoxy? It seems very demonic.

>> No.19681174

>>19679945
But actually he is right

>> No.19681229

>>19681166
The final truth is that all non-Orthodox are under direct control of Satan so he is angry that people are interested in getting out of his grasp.

>> No.19681249

>>19666210
Filioque

>> No.19681542

>>19681229
yes, someone in the thread even said don't come to Orthodoxy unless you were born into it. Claiming some type of authority then pushing people away. All are welcome into the body of Christ. Rly demonic stuff

>> No.19681571
File: 58 KB, 650x400, kramer-image-seinfeld.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19681229
Good example of the mosaic distinction. You should read Assmann
>>19664671

>> No.19681720 [DELETED] 

>>19681166
Ignore this >>19681571 occultist pagan guy.
The answer is that >>19681229 is correct, see >>19671666, a post which is attacking a saint literally bears the number. It's especially illogical that they attack him since their idea of unification with us and the validity of things like Orthodox communion essentially does/will make them his saint eventually. They're very illogical.

Some of these attackers are occultist pagan types. The other half are seething tradcaths who were either cradles who become 'muh traditionalism' after some point and follow the thousand year Catholic example of being an absolute bigot (see the definition of the word, I'm not using it in the liberal sense.) Watch Jay Dyer video on Vatican 2, he talks about this absolutist tendency in Catholicism a little there. He calls it the worship of authority.

I'd say the majority of the attackers are either being bigots for the sake of it, or either committed themselves to Catholicism or converted to it after becoming 'trad', a good amount of which did so because of their considering of Orthodoxy. They didn't actually choose it because they were already Catholic, have Catholic Family, go to a Catholic School, have Catholic Friends, etc... and to use the whole catholic tendency of attacking people's personal character, I really think that they're themselves when they were Orthodoxy because they're guilty for larping online (they still larp online. It's possible to be part of a Church and larp) as Orthodox or they need to justify their current position. Don't take them seriously, they're all masturbating gamer meme teenager losers who couldn't take the step to Orthodoxy which would actually require them to change their lives, Catholicism lets them persist in being an online crusader larper.

>> No.19682026

>>19681166
It's because you're Americans and you poison everything

>> No.19682034

>>19681166
>>19681229
take your meds

>> No.19682050

>>19682026
if /lit/ would be based on flags, all of these people would be americans

>> No.19682095

>>19681542
I am an Orthodox, and I will be honest for a brief moment.

Do you know why Orthodox people do it? Fear. We fear that everything you west0ids ass nigger worshiping mutt filliloque imbeciles will turn to dust, and that it is not idea or heresy that corrupted you but completely on the opposite that YOU through sin nature corrupted the idea, you are stem of it. Unless you completely give up westidisms, false supremacy, your elnlightened shidernity etc... you are literally incapable of practicing Orthodoxy and you will stand out like a sore thumb LARPing.

West0idism is rooted in sin and there is no help, except complete rejection from the roots but that is asking you to alienate yourself from society of degenerates you live in.

>> No.19682213

>>19681166
because it's top cringe mate
see >>19665903
At the end of the day, orthos are fundamentally cringe af
And as with all that is cringe, it needs mocking

>> No.19682230

>>19682095
>West0idism is rooted in
Christianity, it is absolutely the outcome of the capture of the Roman empire by a world-denying slave morality. That the world is today in the West no longer denied in favor of your volcano demon, but denied in favor of a whole host of personalized isms, each more unreal than the last, is entirely the fault of the morals established by Christianity, which has bred the sickly in order to increase the flock

>> No.19682241

>>19681229
>>19681542
you dudes are retarded, as history has demonstrated time and time again that 'orthodoxy' (which is really just a plethora of innovations bundled together let's be real) ultimately leads to error. In fact, how many former 'orthodox' people aren't today muslim? in my view, 'orthodoxy' leads directly to Islam.

>> No.19682365

>>19682230
You are using West0id interpretation of Christianity in order to justify and rationalize literal regression and devolution as a way forward in a hopeless nihilistic manner where God (All praise be upon him) is just a tool for psychological games of le virgin (Christian) and le gigachad (muh tHoR).

Kys.

>> No.19682585

>>19682365
On the contrary, it is you and your creed which makes regression a virtue and the lack of vitality into a saintly demeanor, all in the name of a absent other-worldly master who reduces all humanity to slavery. "If I can't be powerful, no one will be." This is the wail of the provincial slave in response to the Egyptian, Macedonian, and Roman. And he has worked very hard to ensure no one else will be. We may run out of time before we run out of this foul attitude.

>> No.19682706

>>19682095
>>19682365
A lot of famous Orthodox Christians in the west (like Jay Dyer for example) are completely anti-western, anti-filioque, anti-ADS, anti-liberal, anti-Enlightenment, and so on. They argue against all those things. You are attacking a strawman.

>> No.19682716

>>19682213
You don't even provide any substantial arguments. You just mock and say cringe and larp.
How should one interpret this as anything other than demonic

>> No.19682731

>>19682706
The nuance that is lost on him is that the West has fulfilled Christianity while the Orthodox have merely rolled back to an earlier patch. They are going to get there sooner or later.

>> No.19682779

'The interpretation that Christians give to the “resurrection” of Jesus, as well as other wonderful episodes attributed to their founder, consists in the confusion between the initiatic explanation of such phenomena and the transformation of this explanation into exoteric fideistic dogmas, which must be accepted by the believers in uncritical form. The confusion between the esoteric and the exoteric levels is at the base of the various anomalies of Christianity. This absence of discrimination has entailed from the beginning a dramatic conflict between faith and reason, which in recent centuries has been transformed into the rivalry between religious faith and atheistic science. The cause of such situation is that a Jewish initiatic path (the Essene saṃpradāya of Jesus) was transformed into an exoteric religion for non-Jews, the Christianity.'

https://vedavyasamandala.com/24-how-christianity-became-a-religion-independent-from-judaism/

>> No.19682781

>>19682585
>On the contrary, it is you and your creed which makes regression a virtue and the lack of vitality into a saintly demeanor,
Oh I forgot that Holly Spirit chose Pope to relay Vatican 2 :)

>all in the name of a absent other-worldly master who reduces all humanity to slavery.
I see a slave of human nature in pride thinking himself other than a slave of his creator. You are punished, not FOR THE sin, but BY THE sin. Enjoy.

>> No.19682789

>>19682706
Now I wonder if they are "completely anti-western, anti-filioque, anti-ADS, anti-liberal, anti-Enlightenment, and so on" because they are Orthodox or if they are Orthodox because they are "completely anti-western, anti-filioque, anti-ADS, anti-liberal, anti-Enlightenment, and so on."

Really makes me think huh?

>> No.19682815
File: 183 KB, 800x650, 1636135389605.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19682781
>thinking himself other than a slave of his creator
Indeed I have no such master as yours and instead have to be accountable to myself and cannot beg for whatever ails me to be sublimated by anything other than my own power.

>> No.19682824

>>19682716
enjoy being muslim in a few years, larper

>> No.19682845

wtf christians worship osho?

>> No.19682847

>>19682815
Funny thing is that you think yourself above manipulation, yet all someone has to do is stroke your ego and do a xanatos gambit on you and you are reduced to an psychotic animal slave, but unlike slave of God, with no purpose of dignity and manipulated purely by material and sin.

By submitting to God (All praise be upon him) you don't submit to no men (Unless cucktolick), as there is no master but the creator. To him there is faith in his name (Christ) and fight against sin nature.

Foreign concepts to you of course, you will hear the truth but you wont listen, it will be laid in front of your eyes and you wont see. Such is your reward. Enjoy!

>> No.19682849

>>19682824
My thoughts exactly. Take note, >>19682789 that everyone who converts for the moral code and monotheism will find a more puritanical extant form in Islam, where you don't need to pretend to care about filioque, which is the dumbest thing I've seen tardlarpers take seriously yet, as if changing a line of text that only mattered to a few hundred sickly ascetics fundamentally changed the character of an entire society practicing a religion.

>> No.19682859

>>19682847
What the fuck are you even on about? Is this the best defense you can come up with for your world-denying nihilism? That other people are animals for not being as sickly as you? I'd sooner be a lion than a housecat.

>> No.19682870

>>19682849
You don't even know what you are talking about. Islam fundamentally is gnostic, which Orthodoxy is very strongly against.

>> No.19682876

Orthodoxy threads always get so much virulent hate and irrational insults. I wonder if it is the same Catholic discord group that attacks Father Peter Heers and Jay Dyer.

>> No.19682936

>>19682876
It's because you retards are SPAMMERS!
All of you remind me of the Jordan Peterson SPAMMERS of the past -- a bunch of autistic retards with autismo fanaticism over something they'd be better off keeping to themselves. Cringe bruh.

>> No.19682954

>>19682870
I see no incompatibility with being a crypto-puritanical convert to Orthodoxy for reason of it being 'the most conservative' church, Islamic fundamentalism, and being a 'gnostic.' These are all identifications of nature with evil or sin or harm or some other weakness, and a means of deceiving oneself about his nihilism towards life, because God replaces life as something to 'believe in.'

>> No.19682969

>>19682876
All election tourists must be bullied. No one cares what religion or guru you picked this week. Maybe if you had more to say about them then "i agree 100%, please validate my opinion or else you are a demon" you'd be less stinky

>> No.19682970

>>19682936
Orthodox Christians generally are not fans of Jordan Peterson and consider him a gnostic and a wishy washy liberal and a globalist.
Jonathan Pageau is friends with Peterson but even he makes it clear that he disagrees with Peterson's worldview.

>> No.19682980

>>19682970
All Christians are gnostics at heart. Christian churchmen would not have needed to suppress gnosticism if it was not the most obvious reading of Christianity, one which would have made their priesthood pointless

>> No.19682983
File: 406 KB, 1920x1277, 1566284898197.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19682954
>because God replaces life as something to 'believe in.'
Apostate dog there is no belief, THERE IS GOD.

>> No.19682993

>>19682980
Why do you come here and spread lies

>> No.19683008

>>19682983
You will never be a russian mercenary
>>19682993
Stop denying the world and maybe gnosticism will... peter out

>> No.19683040

>>19681166
Ignore this >>19681571 occultist pagan guy.
The answer is that >>19681229 is correct, see >>19671666, it is so obvious, a post which is attacking a saint literally bears the number.

It’s especially illogical that they attack him, since their idea of unification with us and their recognition of things like Orthodox communion essentially does/will make him their saint eventually.

A shrinking minority of these attackers are occultist pagan types, the majority are seething tradcaths who follow the 1000-year example of being absolutist bigots (not using it in the liberal sense, this word was made for them.)
Watch Jay Dyer’s video on Vatican 2. He talks about this absolutist tendency there and rightly calls it the worship of authority. He’s a former tradcath, maybe one day all these other tradcaths can make the same step he did.

>> No.19683053

>>19683040
The tradcath portion are either being bigots for the sake of it, or have committed themselves to Catholicism or converted to it after becoming ‘trad’. I’d wager a good amount did so because they were considering Orthodoxy/Larping online as Orthodox. This isn’t my conjecture, anybody who was around then can easily observe so many tradcaths that were interested in Orthodoxy at one point.

Instead of becoming Orthodox, they became Catholic. It is the comfortable and ‘Muh EVROPA’ option. You get to justify yelling at people that you are absolutely right because you’re absolutely right, requiring you to not to reflect on anything, that along with/or they became Catholic because they were already Catholic, have a Catholic family, have Catholic friends, go to a Catholic School, etc…

They like to attack us personally, they’ve been doing so for so long. It’s shitty behavior. They make me really mad, so let me say something that’s actually true about them.

They are attacking themselves, when they were inquiring/memed into Orthodoxy 4-5 years ago. Meming isn’t bad by itself, but alot of guys were larping back then as Orthodox when they weren’t. They feel guilty for larping as Orthodox and project this tendency to authentic seekers or people who have graduated from that stage. Their whole sthick is them justifying their taking of the easiest road.

Don’t take these pathetic zoom zoom ‘muh tradition’ tradcath gaming discord masturbators seriously. They couldn’t take the step that would require them to change their lives. They embraced worldliness and it’s comfort when they realized that Orthodoxy, along with it’s face-to-face personal confessions to priests, has no place for their ‘le based online crusader EVROPA gamer’ larp.
>>19682876
I commented on their catholic discord gamer circlejerk earlier in this thread and they quited up real quick. They're malevolent argumentists and dogmatists in the worst possible way. They're serial liars, and continual larpers.

>> No.19683065

>>19683040
>occultist pagan guy
No it's very simple, your religion is an innovation in despotic government which requires all members of a community profess the same exact metaphysical doctrines, and anyone who disagrees with these is fair game to be liquidated at the command of the priest-administrator. This counter-religion failed in Egypt and was itself cast out in an act of great irony, but took root in the more degenerated Roman empire.

>> No.19683078

>>19683065
Carts before the horses and chasing the goose.

You already lost.

>> No.19683176

>>19682824
Islam is dying, like Catholicism, and it, like Catholicism, isn’t benefiting from that glorious ability to shout that you’re absolutely right to anyone with a mild question. You both worship authority, and just like you they resort to dogmatism when the ground between them falls. The reason you both fall into this stupid dogmatism is because you both don’t actually possess the Truth or the Logos.

Putting aside all the theological differences and disagreements, Islam is facing in the past fifty years the rot that has corroded you. There will be devout ‘Muslim’ men in fifty years with boyfriends. Besides that, you dare to call someone else a larper when you’re the ultimate one with your stupid zoomer meme lingo?

The wages of sin are death, and your west is getting the death that it deserves. Your exaggerated Muslim threat is not a real threat, but the threat it has and may pose for the short future is a deserved one.

Your great west has fallen and because of your unwise intellectualizing dogmatist stewardship, it will never be what you hope it to be again. It will fall further and you will lose more and more ground. Your grandchildren will turn against you.
It deserves to fall if you’re the traditional representations of it, but oopsie! You’re not the representatives of it. Your representatives are liberal homosexual reformists who are embarrassed of you tradcaths and are desperately trying to stamp you out.

>>19683065
Europe was full of uncivilized barbarians reminiscent of Africa before Christianity came. Rome was full of ‘civilized’ degenerates who would leave their kids to die in the wilderness, practiced sodomy and rape, and feared and justified themselves with angry deities moldable to their passionate desires. Countries like India with its literal demon worship, were, before modernity, spiritual hellscapes, and the introduction of secularism and atheism to that place is actually an improvement. Don’t be a larper.

>> No.19683204
File: 31 KB, 555x644, 1632100521384.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19683040
>>19683053
> being absolutist bigots
> They make me really mad
seethe more, proto-muslim
> so let me say something that’s actually true about them.
cope
>>19683176
You are literally stupid.

>> No.19683212

>>19666650
Wow I never realized quite how retarded this fellow is! As if you can draw a distinction between Western civilization and Christianity. This is a terrible quote even for your own purposes lol. Fool.

>> No.19683240

>>19683176
>feared and justified themselves with angry deities
kek, complete npc-tier lack of self-awareness

>> No.19683243

>>19661421
Read Marx and loose your faith in capitalism
Read Nietzsche and loose your faith in god
Bataille and loose your faith in accumulation
Let your sovereignty shine

>> No.19683251
File: 98 KB, 900x472, sorcerer-trois-freres-granger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19683243
Based. /lit/ will become a Bataillean board.

>> No.19683331
File: 6 KB, 225x225, 0555__231243dHLnd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19662944

>> No.19683373
File: 33 KB, 600x441, 1629832934889.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19683243
>read a bunch of gay jewish commies
No.

>> No.19683418

>>19683373
What was Jesus if not one of those?

>> No.19683439

>>19683418
God.

>> No.19683451

>>19683439
>hebrew deity
>makes man in his own image
>rules a utopian state

>> No.19683553

>>19683451
Homosexuality (sexuality in general), Jewishness in its current form which is entirely based upon the rejection of Jesus, and communism (a degeneration of Christian social views) did not exist in the 1st century. I reject modern innovations.

>> No.19683608

>>19683553
>I reject modern innovations.
So when are you going to return to monkey and dump monotheism? It's the only way to be sure you aren't under the influence of sinful human constructs.

>> No.19683662

>>19683608
Monotheism preceded polytheism according to Genesis. Polytheism is a corruption of monotheism. We did not 'evolve'. You need to understand that polytheism is a braindead position to take and was unworkable, unlogical, and ultimately, unloving. This is why it failed.
>>19683240
The Orthodox God, unlike the Protestant or Catholic God, is not an angry deity which exacts out revenge or deals out punishments. Your rationalistic mind is incapable of understanding spiritual truths.

>> No.19683684

>>19683662
Polytheism only failed in the sense that it could no longer meet the religious demands of a declining, disintegrating imperial society which was being colonized by a new more aggressively proselytizing faith which promised an escape from that world. And this is your standard for determining "truth" I suppose. In which case, the decline of Christianity can only mean the emergence of a better more correct religion, and you should not fight to save what is failed.

>> No.19683861

>>19683176
>all these lies
Yep. He's going to the toll house.

>> No.19683986

Reminder that Ibn Arabi actually teaches a doctrine closer to Ramanuja than Shankara. The very pinnacle of esoteric Sufism considers the Shankaran path to be a lower path than that of the theist who maintains distinction in unity.

Guenon's main flaw is in privileging Shankara over Ramanuja. He is hugely disappointing.

>> No.19684080

>>19683986
this is called 'knowledge of the non-supreme (aparabrahman vidyā)'
according to advaitins all paths based on action (mantras, yantras, yoga, etc) are related to aparabrahman and leads to brahmaloka
only a true non-dualistic doctrine like advaita leads to liberation (parabrahman vidya)

>> No.19684240

>>19684080
I don't care what the advaita spin is.

>> No.19684593

>>19683040
>It’s especially illogical that they attack him
It's always funny seeing them calling us schismatic but venerating saints who explicitly called their theology the teachings of Satan.

>> No.19684605

>>19683662
>which exacts out revenge or deals out punishments
This is blatantly false. Revenge in God is not sinful like in us, He doesn't boil with rage like we do because there is no sin in God, but He still does exact revenge and deal out punishment. Just open the Old Testament, it is non other than Jesus who ordered to blot out the idol worshipers in the promised land.

>> No.19684711

>>19683662
you are literally stupid and possessed by demons

>> No.19684927

>>19684605
How hard is it for you to see that sin and absence of God naturally leads away from God? You can call it punishment, I guess, but it's really not the traditional sort of earthly punishment. We're probably not exactly disagreeing but it's harder for rationalists to think abstractly.
>>19683861
>>19684711
>OH NO! The ortuduks schismatic attacks US, who are PERFECTLY RIGHT ALL THE TIME? He get combative and angry when all we've done for years is non-stop insulting and slimy personal attacks to a fellow Christian? How dare he do this to us, possession!!!

Maybe look at yourself for once you vile hypocrite?
If you haven't noticed, it was one of your guys' post here attacking Seraphim Rose which bore the number 666. Who here is under demonic influence exactly? You guys are braindead idiots who are attacking someone who crucified himself to the world, with all of its pleasures and intellectualism, of worldliness?
It's you guys that feign holiness while being worldly, not us.
If I've sinned here, and I certainly have, being as shitty and angry as I have been here, it almost entirely from your provocation, which has gone on for years and years.
It's your Church that adopts a stance of brotherhood and ecumenism among Christians. WHY ARE YOU BEHAVING LIKE THIS?! You haven't actually self-reflected on yourselves and your nasty internet behavior in this many years? You don't think that you make people intensely bitter with your shitty unchristian behavior?

You're all hypocrite larpers. The moment someone directs the exact same nasty and mean spirited tactic you've been using for years back at you you have the fucking audacity to call it demonic possession. Do you guys have some sort of malevolent brain disease? Is it the internet brain rot and anonymity? I don't know if you're demonically possessed, and you're probably not, influenced and prideful at most, but I think, at least the ones of you that are online, are behaving evilly.

>> No.19685016

>>19684927
tldr

>> No.19685183

>>19684927
>sin and absence of God naturally leads away from God?
This doesn't preclude actual punishment, which is a direct action and will of God. The flood was not a mere result of the divine nature, as if predetermined like the philosophers or Latins say, it was explicitly the will of God.

>> No.19685616

>>19683986
>maintains distinction in unity
cope harder abrahamic cuck, that sounds like non-supreme