[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.22 MB, 946x800, 1616515392705.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18639311 No.18639311 [Reply] [Original]

Evola, Baudrillard, Junger, Evola, Ted.
Who had the best BTFO of fitcels?

Continue discussion from the last thread and post any other sports literature.
Ellul could be the best because he proved the difference between ancient and modern sports caused by technique.
>>/lit/thread/S18627271

>> No.18639378

>>18639311
>Evola
Cripple coping
>Baudrillard
>Ellul
French """people""" honestly surprised you managed to post practically the only two who weren't pedos and or coomers. They were both ugly though.
>Junger
Stoner libtard who fried his brain
>Ted
MK Ultra'd closeted tranny

>> No.18639420

>>18639378
>>Junger
>Stoner libtard
Weak bait

>> No.18639423

>>18639378
>Still pushing the tranny meme.

Ah. Anonymous troll culture. Isn’t it wonderful? So freeing. Always so fresh and fun!

>> No.18639431

>>18639311
It is weird to obsess over not liking people because they exercise, what do you get out of this?

>> No.18639437

>>18639378
Do you even read? At least try to refute this
>Unbalance and exaggeration of physique as bred by modern sports are most striking with women. Both their bodies and their faces acquire hardened, sterile traits. Modern sports are incompatible with any kind of artistic life and activity; they are essentially unartistic and unspiritual by nature.

>> No.18639501

>>18639431
It is weird to obsess over not liking people because they read, what do you get out of this?

>> No.18639508

>>18639501
...I dont

>> No.18639523

>>18639431
No interest in this thread just dropping in to say I think very lowly of gym rats because they always have massive inferiority complexes and are super insecure. I have no problem with exercise itself, it can be fun. But people who do it too much have a problem, like fatties but on the other side of the spectrum.

>> No.18639619

>>18639508
I don't what?

>> No.18639645

>>18639311
Léon Bloy

>> No.18639648

>>18639645
>Le sport est le plus sûr moyen de produire une génération de crétins malfaisants

>> No.18640033

>>18639645
What did he say?

>> No.18641115

>>18639523
Who is inferior?

>> No.18641876
File: 234 KB, 1756x1265, 1626148104008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP BTFO

>> No.18642148

>>18639437
explain for a brainlet?

>> No.18642765

>>18639311
Anyone find the Evola quote?

>> No.18642821

>>18639311
So kids shouldn't play sports with their friends?

>> No.18642827

>>18639311
The “fitcels” can do their deadlifts and guzzle their creatine if they want to. It’s only when they try to pretend that lifting weights is anything other than a specific sport that they get BTFO.

>> No.18642848

>>18639431
>>18642821
It’s a reaction against /fit/ types who preach the merits of weight lifting as something beyond the realm of merely sport, and modern sport at that. They would have you believe that it’s not just that but is some mystical method of self overcoming and tapping into latent masculinity and that moreover, every young man should and actually must lift weights. That’s total nonsense and so the people who are wise to this trick rely on people like Jünger and Elul who have a line of thinking that not only explains that weight lifting is not that but explains that it’s actually very modern and in some sense, nihilistic. But still, it’s all a reaction against /fit/ elevating lifting to some holy grail status.

The only one who stands out here is Evola (in my mind anyway) because he was a proponent of mountaineering. I realize his thought process is that mountaineering is a spiritual quest but it’s also modern and nihilistic in that sense, just like bodybuilding. This is a sport that didn’t catch on, was hardly possible, until it spread like wildfire in 19th century England after all.

>> No.18642862

>>18642848
And moreover, none of them really offer a better outlook. Not everyone can be Junger’s anarch. Almost no one can actually. Very few will be able to be the sort of Luddite that has some Ted K power process in their daily life. So as a modern man, what are you supposed to do while your body wastes away or grows soft and fat? You don’t have many options but to lift weights and that’s half of what’s amplifying the “you have to lift” echochamber.

>> No.18642883

>>18638494
I would appreciate it if you could do some write up about his hunting writings. I’m a lifelong hunter, who got kind of jaded with it and stopped. I’d be curious what his thoughts on it her and if they align with mine at all.

The thing about it, in addition to what’s already been said about lazy hunters, technology, and so on, is that at least here in the US, hunting is heavily regulated by the state. Most hunting takes place on public land, federal or state-owned and both seasons and bag limits, as well as other rules and licensing requirements are set by the state and very enforced. There’s actually not much in the way of a self sufficiency aspect, at least for most and unless you’re a Western or Midwestern hunter, it’s pretty hard to actually get really out there away from people, highways, crowds. I’ve been trying to put together my own Western hunts for a while now but it’s very cost and time prohibitive.

>> No.18642884

>>18642848
What I dislike about /fit/ is that every single thread is about weightlifting, power lifting, diet or steroid cycle, even though the board should serve for all fitness in general. Rock climbing, stretching, yoga and calisthenics have a place in the board, whoever the userbase doesn't accpet it. If /lit/ can provide an easy to comprehend critique of their ways, maybe us DYELs can have our own discussions there.

>> No.18642890
File: 1.31 MB, 2175x2048, physical.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Peak femboy cope thread.

>> No.18642929

>>18642890
Physical training in this sense and “physical training” in the /fit/ sense are two entirely different things.

>> No.18642931

>>18642862
Look at it this way:
Lift weights, run, etc. to simulate a baseline of different kinds of physical stimulus to keep ourselves healthy. And since we are simulating an activity, might as well go a little further and get strong, fast, etc.
Mystical stories serve a purpose. Those struggling with insecurities or worries will benefit. Those completely new to physical training will benefit.
Those who take it too far, obsessing about their strength and/or looks and/or diet aren't fit. But they still went the distance in some endeavor, and that is enough for them. Perhaps they can't/won't advance in their career. Perhaps reading copious amounts of philosophy doesn't give them the same satisfaction.
>and modern sport at that
Why are modern sports bad? I'm not talking about commercialized sports. I'm talking about kids playing a game of basketball. Or you and your buddies playing some soccer after work.

>> No.18642938

>>18642884
That goes hand in hand with what’s being talked about here. Things inevitably become subsumed by a view of things which is mechanical, scientific, methodical. There’s plenty to obsess over when it comes to weight lifting and the trick they’ve played on themselves is believing that somehow things like rock climbing are highly specific but lifting weights is just general purpose strength training and isn’t at all specific. But they’re wrong.

>> No.18642954

>>18642931
But you don’t have to lift weights or run to be healthy. You don’t even have to be healthy actually. But regardless, healthiness isn’t really at the heart of what’s being talked about here and there’s no limit to the number of lifters who are radically unhealthy.

They’re not bad per se but they don’t escape the analysis that OP’s authors are putting forward. It’s merely that the /fit/ types seem to believe that lifting weights is an exception.

>> No.18642977

Somehow, I suspect that Cioran has a few quotes on fitness and sport buried somewhere in his writings and that those are the best of all.

>> No.18642984

>>18639648
super basé, which book is this from?

>> No.18642991

>>18639311
Agamben probably has things to say about this, I've just began reading him though...

>> No.18643017
File: 172 KB, 1200x1200, 4677.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How many days are you nerds going to spend formulating epic takedowns of the mean jocks who bully you

>> No.18643084

>>18642848
I Kind of distrust people who go out of their way to criticize exercise, when it is a generally positive thing

>> No.18643112

nibbas really be makin social theories to explain why they hate the gym

>> No.18643256

>>18642954
>But you don’t have to lift weights or run to be healthy
Yes you do. Our bodies expect a certain baseline of physical stimulus and activity to remain healthy. Atrophied muscles aren't healthy. Atrophied cardio-vascular system isn't healthy. A body that can't take a slight beating isn't healthy.
>You don’t even have to be healthy actually
This stinks of the nihilism you accuse physical training of. If nothing truly matters to you, including your health, why criticize weight lifting?
>It’s merely that the /fit/ types seem to believe that lifting weights is an exception
Because it is the one thing regular "fit" types lack. Strength and muscularity. Don't take my word for it. If you have a great grand parent around ask them the amount of physical work they did as part of their regular day (not counting professional labor), including the women... to the extent that our great grand mothers were far stronger than most of us men now.
>healthiness isn’t really at the heart of what’s being talked about here and there’s no limit to the number of lifters who are radically unhealthy
Did you even read what I said? Those who take things too far aren't healthy and fit. But to them going the distance is enough. In short: it is their "thing". Like reading philosophy is your "thing".
>but they don’t escape the analysis that OP’s authors
Summarize them in points. Otherwise we will both be arguing strawmen.

>> No.18643281

So what SHOULD I do then?

>> No.18643312

I'd just like to address that, while I understand there are people who elevate weight lifting to some kind of obscure transcendent status, many people simply advocate weight lifting and exercise because the physical effects can and do have positive effects on your mind (and, perhaps, your soul). The average weight lifter will not spend that much time in the gym (he can even lift at home), but he will see a boost in testosterone and an improvement in mood, as well as relief from daily aches and pains endemic to those with a more sedentary lifestyle. I'm not making an argument for or against this cultish, transcendent status applied to weight lifting, but I am making a clear distinction between two different ways of thinking. I think to entirely neglect the body in pursuit of spiritual/mental development is foolish.

>> No.18643330

>>18642148
the idea is that athletics were originally an aesthetic celebration of the beauty of bodies in motion. scientific training that focuses on performance (e.g. productivity) sucks all the life out of sport. a professional athletic class cements the fall of athletics from the realm of the spirit into consumer spectacle

>> No.18643334

>>18643281
This thread is full of dyels twisting these writers words to suit their lazy ends. Go to the gym if it makes you feel better.

>> No.18643344

>>18642883
>midwestern hunter
bro you're outing yourself as a coastal, you can't swing a dead cat in the midwest without hitting a corn/basedbean field

>> No.18643364

>>18643344
At least you have corn fields. I’m in the Northeast and what you get here is a small patch of public land that gets overrun with old hunters who show up in droves and roll around on their ATVs.

>> No.18643381

>>18643084
It’s not a criticism of exercise. That’s the whole point and as usual, /fit/ is missing it entirely.

>>18643256
>Yes you do.
No, you do not. You are simply mistaken.

>> No.18643397

>>18643330
You are talking about commercialized sports. Whatever criticism you may have of it, it is beside the point. Sports, to all of us, except professional athletes, is as simple as having a fun game of soccer after work. Nothing wrong with that.
>athletics were originally an aesthetic celebration of the beauty of bodies in motion
Uugggggh. Its called athletics. Not aesthetics. Because it is ATHLETICS. Performance is key. No one was handing out medals to the guy who came last in a race, but happened to be cute and the gay judges loved watching his body in motion.
>a professional athletic class cements the fall of athletics from the realm of the spirit
And this applies to us non professionals how?
>>18643281
Go to the gym. Don't worry, you wont turn into a gym rat the instant you step inside. Go to /fit/ and get a routine. Follow it. Eat right. Sleep well. Go running or play a sport once in a while. That's it. Nothing else to it.
>>18643334
Even worse, they require these writers approval to do something.

>> No.18643404

>>18643256
>Yes you do
No you don’t. There’s many different ways to be healthy and you need not run or lift weights to achieve it.
> This stinks of the nihilism you accuse physical training of. If nothing truly matters to you, including your health, why criticize weight lifting?
When did I say nothing truly matters? Never.
> Because it is the one thing regular "fit" types lack. Strength and muscularity. Don't take my word for it. If you have a great grand parent around ask them the amount of physical work they did as part of their regular day (not counting professional labor), including the women... to the extent that our great grand mothers were far stronger than most of us men now.
You just admitted in your next paragraph you don’t understand the critique and yet here you claim that they actually do explain the critique because…you’re revealing yourself for the blind defender of the thing that you are. You would defend it regardless of the critique or it’s validity and that’s the truth so you’ve just skipped it entirely.
> Did you even read what I said? Those who take things too far aren't healthy and fit.
Like I said, health isn’t at the heart of what we’re talking about here so it’s a moot point.
> Summarize them in points.
No. You should actually read them because were not even speaking the same language right now.

>> No.18643419

>>18643281
Nobody can tell you what you should do. You can lift if you find value in that. The only point is that OP’s authors have valid points regarding fitness, lifting specifically and it’s cult following.

>> No.18643501

>>18643017
Where's the bullying? You're scared to post face

>> No.18643539

>>18643381
>>18643404
>No you don’t. There’s many different ways to be healthy and you need not run or lift weights to achieve it.
>No, you do not. You are simply mistaken.
Excuses to not lift weights. Like I said to the other anon, you wont turn into a roid monkey gymrat the instant you step into a gym or lift weights of any kind. But that is beside the point. My request to you is: follow every point I make and don't write non-responses like the ones you wrote prior.
Our bodies have evolved in harsh conditions, which required a lot of physical activity. Not only that, but physical activity of many kinds, like carrying heavy loads, running long distances, fast bursts. We must simulate this physical activity to stay healthy.
Now, since we are simulating this physical activity, we can go a little further. For an example, say we evolved, on average, lifting animal carcasses and water pails and weapons which weigh upto 135lb. We can now train to lift say 225lb.
Even joint muscle rehab, prescribed by the most apprehensive doctors, involves some amount of light and progressive weight lifting.
Atrophied anything isn't healthy.
>You just admitted in your next paragraph you don’t understand the critique
I didn't say that. I said summarize your points. Not a blind defender, as proved by the fact that I say roidmonkey gymrats and the like aren't physically healthy.
>Like I said, health isn’t at the heart of what we’re talking about here so it’s a moot point
But it is at the heart of what we're talking about. Because you are:
1. Conflating professional and commercialized sports and physical activity with regular sports.
2. Conflating the roidmonkey gymrat with the average lifter who just lifts to stay healthy and maybe get a little strong and look good.
3. Using metaphysical theories to claim lifting weights is categorically nihilistic and wrong.
... without realizing that sports, running and weight lifting revolve around health, and not "nothing" as your accusation of nihilism would have it.
>You should actually read them because were not even speaking the same language right now.
I have read Evola and Ted.
So summarize your points of contention. It will hardly take 5 minutes. Even less time than this post.
Because it seems to me you don't have a worldview outside of what these writers espouse. You are also unable to see that your obsession with philosophy is the same as a gymrat's obsession with his muscles. And finally, you absolutely hate the fact that bodybuilders and/or generally stronger and better looking guys than you exist and what to brush them of as merely "nihilstic" and "vain".
>inb4 post face
Buddy, you have to post fizeek now. And your face. Cause you brought up both these things.

>> No.18643549
File: 105 KB, 1280x720, murphy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18643334
What words are being twisted? They literally say it's ugliness and nihilism

>> No.18643554

>>18643539
Were not even on the same page regarding basic premise. You even resorted to saying “post fizeek” even though I actually did not bring it up at all. There’s no point in replying to you anymore. Maybe someone else can spell things out for you.

>> No.18643576

>>18643312
But we're not talking about the average guy. We're talking about the nationalist ecelebs crying and writing essays because someone got kicked off of instagram

>> No.18643629
File: 8 KB, 184x184, 5f4ba3da3281be0395aa74c4a70c999bbd32495c_full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reminder that the greatest living philosopher is a bodybuilder

>> No.18643631

>>18643576
We’re actually not though. There’s an element of that, yes because it’s kind of the most extreme example of what’s being talked about really, what’s being talked about is what it actually is and what it actually is not. Nobody is denying that it can have health benefits. It’s more addressing things like what another poster said here which alludes to the idea thag you’re training to lift animal carcasses and water pails, implying that lifting is actually something that people would’ve done in non-technological societies but that’s wrong. The lifter seems to think they’re training some sort of general purpose health, fitness, and strength but that’s wrong. They’re training a highly specific movement, engaging in a view of sport which is performance oriented, efficiency optimized, and is entirely mechanical. Lifting does not escape that basic critique and they seem to not understand even that is, in fact, the critique.

>> No.18643642

>>18643549
Bodybuilding, not exercise. Any kind of intense exercise can be a fine, yet limited, response to modernity's effect upon the body. There is an irreducible experience of fitness that makes life easier, to use that positivity as motivation for further exercise merely, is, of course, nihilistic.

>> No.18643649

>>18643629
Who's that? Don't roids rot the brain?

>> No.18643659

>>18643642
It's being applied to the whole of sport and athletics in some cases.

>> No.18643679
File: 34 KB, 703x796, 0w4ii1apt9741 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18643649
His main influences are Aristotle, Nietzsche, and Jesus Christ

>> No.18643752

>>18643631
>They’re training a highly specific movement, engaging in a view of sport which is performance oriented, efficiency optimized, and is entirely mechanical
Non lifter spotted. Weightlifting and running is just general training. It is NOT specialized. Almost all sports involve the same few weightlifting movements simply because they make you generally strong. Like squats, pullups, bench press/pushups, loaded carries and running. They are even present in military training, which is specific only as far as weapons training and extreme endurance training is concerned. Obviously a basketballer will train SOME specific exercises geared towards his sport. But that does not reflect on the average lifter. Weightlifing possibly the most generalized form of training.
Also, how does turning something into a science make it a degenerated version of some ancient golden traditional ideal? More like it has lost its mystical charm is all.
>alludes to the idea that you’re training to lift animal carcasses and water pails and weapons
No, it was an example to show that lifting heavy loads were part of our evolutionary biology, that we must now simulate in order to stay healthy.
>>18643549
The pursuit of wealth and fame can be called nihilistic. Connor "cum guzzler" Murphy is nihilistic in that sense. But so is ambitious academic and wannabe philosopher. Just that his route to fame and wealth is different. How do these people represent weightlifting culture (and philosophy reading culture) as a whole?
As far as ugliness is concerned, most professional athletes look far better than the average person. As far as "metaphysical" and "aesthetic" beauty of the human body in motion is concerned, those terms are so vague they can be interpreted any number of ways. This is merely a sophisticated version of a landwhale of a woman saying "Those girls may look good and guys may fall for them, but they are empty, vain and vapid on the inside. They don't know what REAL beauty looks like".

>> No.18643795

>>18639619
He doesn't dislike people because they read
Jesus anon

>> No.18643806

>>18643752
...and I forgot to mention:
weightlifting and running has the maximum carryover to day to day physical activity. You will find it far easier to carry luggage, move furniture, carry heavy objects, etc. You also not gas out walking long distances without using transport.
Obviously, if you want to win the luggage carrying championship (or a powerlifting competition), you will exclusively train by lifting pieces of luggage. This is a specific activity. Unlike regular weightlifting and running.

>> No.18643838

>>18643752
>landwhale of a woman saying "Those girls may look good and guys may fall for them, but they are empty, vain and vapid on the inside. They don't know what REAL beauty looks like".
How is she wrong?

>> No.18643846

>>18643084
I agree
Last guy I saw this skeptical about this was Kantbot, and he's a lardass

>> No.18643977

>>18643330
I think beauty of bodies in motion is a fairly modern idea itself, as with Vitruvian Man and the early moving images of men and horses running. Specifically with the Vitruvian Man there is a turning inward of the celestial spheres, an Atlas figure now being turned by the elements.

FG Jünger makes a simple comparison in his writing on technology, that the fulcrum is something of a mystery to man, yet even before its mathematical creation and perfection it was used in simple implements. With mathematical perfection there is already an approach towards the great optics - seeing the earth from above, in the highest form in aerial or satellite reconnaissance.
Even someone like Archimedes recognised the danger in this, pure formulas, and he insisted on the superiority of the imagination, dedication to the Muses, and the refusal to subordinate ideas and technological creation to armament. At the same time, he created perhaps the greatest use of a fulcrum ever, with the gigantic.claw levers which pulled ships out of the ocean and sank them. This terrified the Romans, who referred to Archimedes as a giant, and in the worst sense of the gigantomachy.
There was also here a great shift in the relations of war, another turning like the Trojan Horse - only here the Romans entered Syracuse in the moment of abandonment and festival. This could be seen as a worse type of technique, even though it was largely a question of being rather than any technological creation. If anything it was a response to technology and refusal to accept defeat at the hands of a greater enemy.

Again with Milo, his feats of strength may be seen in the sense of a fulcrum which retained its mysterious qualities - abstraction in its positive form. He was not only testing himself and those around him but the very relation of law and time to the earth forces. Essentially an Antaeus figure, and against something like the Herculean labours. There is a relation to hunting here, and his death in the forest suggests a return to the earth. Not necessarily being bested but become one with the tree as he sought to peer into the earth.

>> No.18644000

>>18643977
And representing something like this in art could not ever be movement alone. The realism and worship of the body in Greek art was already a weakening, and occurred in the period of decline.

Pindar of course mentions the body itself very little. It is all a genealogy of law, lineage, achievement and athletic relation to the myth.

>> No.18644040

>>18643752
But none of the ambitious and wannabe philosophers are critiquing the body fetishism. If anything it's the opposite, two poles of anti-essentialist gender theory.
Both the left and right have moved to marketing techniques rather than anything of substance. And serious discussion of the ideas behind such false opposition mostly gets you attacked or ignored.

>> No.18644126

>>18642148
The difference is one who dances spontaneously rather than one who looks to achieve technical or formalistic perfection. Keep in mind that this term is different from how it is normally used in English, completion may be closer to what is meant, as with the bodybuilder who will train both the large muscles and also the most minor, the excess is already seen from the beginning due to the approach.
One could even say that certain muscles are meant to remain hidden, as an underlying layer, perhaps providing some greater support in combat, work, or hunting.

Goethe speaks of this spontaneity in the dancer, a rogue abandon which has a greater beauty than the stylized and curated performance. And the servant who holds the shawl of the dancer - which suggests an aristocratic type of performance and individuality which is lost to us.
This is an important consideration as it suggests the democratic and absolute character of 'just lifting'. Much like the supporting muscles it is perhaps best in aristocratic societies to have that mass which is not striving, which is to some degree a mean or average - although these are modern terms with their own pitfalls.
The democratic striving is, paradoxically, only a deepening of equality, and only achieves mediocrity; which in turn only increases this striving and emptiness. And this is wholly applicable to lifting.

Someone here said that it is betterment, that the average person will improve their looks. But this is largely untrue, many only worsen their appearance and take on an ugliness, a comic appearance of strength. And this is true not only of the 'incel face' or manlet with excess muscles, but most of the competitors now. They are grotesque, and the ideal is nothing more than a photoshop creation by a woman. Telling in itself.

>> No.18644165

>>18644126
More simply, you could look to the difference between east and west. Generally speaking the Soviets retained some sense of the older sports, and the old Olympics, with gymnastics, figure skating, wrestling, and olympic lifts.

Just look at the old olympic videos of the Russian women from the 1960s or 70s, for example the emphasis on grace and beautiful movement in the uneven bars, then look at what the Americans are doing today.
Or you can just look at their roided faces. It's pure ugliness.

>> No.18644196

>>18644165
And then to see what contests were at the highest look at the funeral games in the Iliad.

>> No.18644236

>>18642848
I think Evola makes a major mistake with his focus on individualism. It is much more helpful to see modernity through providential concerns and the creation of a new species.
This way one can more clearly see the democratic aspects of reactionary thought, and also, if strangely, a connection to the ancient world, which does not leave us so isolated.

This is why a discussion of sport is really about so much more, something deeper related to being and aesthetic or even religious life.

>> No.18644338

>>18643752
>Non lifter spotted. Weightlifting and running is just general training. It is NOT specialized.
You’re simply wrong and on more accounts than you realize or would ever admit.

>> No.18644356

>>18644236
>>18644338
POAST FIZEEK FAGGOTS

>> No.18644397

>>18644126
>the ideal is nothing more than a photoshop creation by a woman. Telling in itself.
Great point.

>> No.18644405

>>18644356
*FAGGOT
Samefagging non lifting retard

>> No.18644413

>>18644397
My sides BWAHAHAHA
This samefagging retard is saying "great point" to his own post

>> No.18644418

>>18644356
Post face and fizeek. At least kantbot isn't scared of a camera

>> No.18644456

>>18644418
Are you mentally ill?
You replying to your own posts. Replying pretending to be multiple people to the other anon.
Strongly recommend taking a break from the internet for a few months. Philosophy too.

>> No.18644463

>>18644413
Yeah no one could possibly be interested in the philosophy of traditional sports.
Now watch as I larp as a Greek athlete on twitter.

>> No.18644526

>>18644456
You seem upset. I thought lifting was supposed to make you strong.

>> No.18644797

>>18644405
Cringe

>> No.18644830

>>18643281
Something like mma was actually a very positive development. I'm not at all a historian of this but there are some signs that identity nihilism, or masculine nihilism, peaked around this time. There was also Fight Club around this time, American Psycho, aggressive metal and hardcore music, and rap. Fairly pleb examples, but can't really think of much else.

Even though these are low art examples they still show the extent to which people were searching for meaning and identity, and a return to masculinity to some extent. That it is at the level of popular and low art probably meant that it was a sort of climax. And at the same time there was a craze of boy bands equal to the current kpop nonsense, and also the boyish and cocaine chic look for men. And the metrosexual also started at this time, so there was a very polarized response to masculinity.

Unfortunately I think this was also the time that a lot of rural men started taking on transient labour, or were forced into mobilosed work projects. This was a disaster for the last strongholds of the 'old masculinity'. I still remember, for example, my older cousin who one time made jokes about boy bands while we were playing monopoly, my sister and other cousin raving about boy bands at the time. No doubt it was a warning to stay away such things. And I certainly looked up to him as a strong figure, he was a farm boy and so had that natural brute strength, but there was no need for a warning because I had already started listening to metal and similar music, even though I was in elementary school.

I mention this because it was a fairly unique experience for our generation, and probably completely foreign to zoomers, who I assume have no good male role models at all. That something like Skyrim was a lesson in masculinity and nationalism for most is another telling sign. And I don't intend this disparagingly, the loss of the paternal order is a complete catastrophe, so it is more of a lament that most of us have to look to low art to figure out maaculine morals.

In any case, mma was a very positive sign, something we could all participate in and experience competition if only in the democratic form. There are of course ridiculous elements, technical sport and the leveling of spectacle have weakened it from the early days of UFC and Pride, but it is still strange that rather than its aesthetic the twitter nationalists have chosen bodybuilding, which is so clearly only a surface of masculinity with bourgeois aesthetics.

Or perhaps that it is pushed so hard tells us all we need to know.

>> No.18644870

>>18644830
However, I don't think even mma could solve anything like blood lust. Even Roman gladiators probably failed in this.

And it does not really get to the metaphysical or theological aspects of masculinuty, which is really what all these discussions are searching for. Again, even those complaining about this discussion are the same ones hoping that it will reach such depths. Or at least that is the fulcrum used to gain admiration or respect.

As was pointed out before, hunting also has its pitfalls. And although farming would provide for only marginally more men it would at least be a path towards independence, caring for families ,and rearmament. What does bodybuilding provide in comparison? A surface image for the private man and a forming of a resilient mask for the democratic species.

So none of this is to suggest any specific models, but rather to what extent one would have to go in order to really rearm masculine identity, to one not only useful but capable of elevating a strong state.

Stepping aside from the problem it should become clear that there is no more depth in bodybuilding than the self-help garbage that gets spammed, and the liberalist defense of cleaning your room before saving the world.
Surface concerns which can never amount to anything positive, and more likely will only detract from the real problems we face.

>> No.18644892

>>18642883
I will try to post something later as I already spent a lot of time on this.
Just a reminder that Jünger's book is Subtle Hunts, and focuses on entomology. And his other commentary on hunting is closely tied to the old myths.

But there is an interesting connection with another writer which may be helpful here, and says something important about thw philosophy of nature

>> No.18645063

>>18644456
>You replying to your own posts.
Where?

>> No.18645238

>>18639311
Imagine thinking that you hadn't already exhausted all discussion from the last terrible threat. Losing respect for you desu.

>> No.18645296

>>18644338
You don't understand what specialised training is.

>> No.18645304

>>18644892
Subtle Hints is only available in German..

>> No.18645316

>>18643631
>They’re training a highly specific movement
A generic squat bench and deadlifting along with accessories is one of the least specialised programs I can think of. You do not understand specialisation.

>> No.18645318

>>18645296
If only you knew…

Anyway, it’s really just a simple fact that you’re clearly blind to for some reason. When you train a deadlift, you are training a specific movement, with a specific instrument and modality, and you even track progress with a specific method, a specific measure of performance. This idea that there’s no specificity to weight training is just complete delusion.

>> No.18645321

>>18645238
>please stop talking about this it's all I have

>> No.18645328

>>18645316
It sure sounds to me like you don’t understand specialization. To even imply the squat, bench, or deadlift aren’t specific movements even is just so factually incorrect that it’s almost hard to dispute it with you because it’s so patently false. Not even strength and conditioning coaches, who preach these movements like the Bible, believe what you’re saying. You have deluded yourselves into oblivion.

>> No.18645341

>>18645296
I think he means specialized in terms of focus, that it is focused on singular tasks not that it requires special skill or intelligence.

>> No.18645345

>>18645238
How is discussion exhausted when you don't even understand the basics?

>> No.18645347

>>18645341
That’s actually not what I meant.

>> No.18645351

>>18644870
The answer is then simply to discourage those who are interested in weight training to not become so obsessed with it to the point that they become homo, and promote general strength training along with other sports or activities. Wrestling is probably a good one, very popular in Russia, the republics and ex-USSR.
There are far greater problems that being too into bodybuilding anyway. Lol

>> No.18645382

>>18645341
But it's literally the most generic form of training for strength, it also isn't homosexual like bodybuilding

>> No.18645393

The same two posters licking each others arseholes. Bonus points for shitting on those who disagree but then not offering any alternative. Kek

>> No.18645411

Just lift you chuds.

>> No.18645412

>>18645321
>>18645345
>Don't disagree, you've made me create another thread where I've got to spend my time arguing with those who lift.

>> No.18645420

Whenever I'm reminded of the demons that run this circus getting swole feels so ineffectual.

>> No.18645425

>>18645318
>This idea that there’s no specificity to weight training is just complete delusion.
Ok, what is your suggestion for strength training with no specificity, that isn't modern, that you'd hold no grievances with?
Is this really about the false masculinity lifting provides or do you really just not like lifting.

>> No.18645429

>18645393
>18644413
>18644405
Why are you so offended by this discussion?

>> No.18645430

>>18645420
>Improving my strength and health will result in political and ideological change
Yeah, bait.

>> No.18645438

>>18644165
>He doesn't know about Russian doping with ape looking half men women
Kek

>> No.18645439

>>18645238
It's a great thread because it makes you fags seethe so much

>> No.18645500

>>18645393
Imagine pretending to be strong while arguing like a woman.

>> No.18645508

>>18639378
>>Junger
>Stoner libtard
Reminder these are the people telling you lifting will save the west

>> No.18645518

Imagine resorting to the old “you argue like a girl” to defend yourself

>> No.18645521

>>18645425
None. And I’m not here to offer suggestions. The squat is fine if that’s what you want to do. I’m only pointing out that it’s not correct to say that it’s not specific because it is.

>> No.18645541

>>18645518
>butterfly appears
>posters doesn't go up
Looks like bapfags have something in common with butterfly

>> No.18645558

>Sport has been conditioned by the organization of the great cities; apart from city life, its very invention is inconceivable. Country “sport” is but a pale imitation of city sport and has none of the characteristics of what we know as sport.
>The sporting vocabulary is English; it was introduced to the continent when the continental nations came under the influence of English industrialization. After the industrial center of gravity passed to the United States, American sporting forms prevailed. The Soviet Union began to cultivate sport when it began to industrialize; the only country in central Europe which had organized sport, Czechoslovakia, was the only one which was industrialized.
>Sport is tied to industry because it represents a reaction against industrial life. In fact, the best athletes come from working-class environments. Peasants, woodsmen, and the like, may be more vigorous than the proletariat, but they are not as good athletes. In part, the reason for this is that machine work develops the musculature necessary for sport, which is very different from peasant musculature. Machine work also develops the speed and precision of actions and reflexes.

Here's a simple solution. Prove them wrong or stfu

>> No.18645615

>>18645518
Based Chud Destroyer

>> No.18645691

how did junger btfo sports? im unfamiliar with any quotes of his, I've mostly read his books on ww1.

>> No.18645791

>>18645691
He didn't. It's one samefag who distorted what he said.

>“THE most amazing thing in your life, the most in contrast with ours, is its sport. By this I do not mean simply your fondness for physical exercise, your physical exuberance, but the psychological and social institutionalization of sport, its organization, its predominant rôle as the outlet and expression of your spiritual energies.” (p. 38)

>“Your spirit is sport: particularly your young men, who are not yet absorbed in the struggle for existence, and whose emotions are therefore for the largest part free, must find in sport, in games, in contests, the most satisfactory expression of their instincts.” (p. 40)

>“The contention of the majority of your educators, that the moral instinct is trained on the football and baseball field, in boxing, rowing, wrestling and other contests, is a true one, is truer, perhaps, than most of them realize. Your ideal morality is a sporting morality. The intense discipline of the game, the spirit of fair play, the qualities of endurance, of good humor, of conventionalized seriousness in effort, of loyalty, of struggle without malice or bitterness, of readiness to forget like a sport – all these are brought out in their sheerest and cleanest starkness in well-organized and closely regulated college sports. And on the experiences and lessons which these sports imply your entire spiritual life is inevitably founded.” (p. 42)

>“Sport is for you a serious spiritual matter. It is the proper symbolization, the perfect ritual, wherein your spiritual forces, finding expression, also find exercise and sustenance.” (p. 43)

>> No.18645812

mma is the most complete physical activity

>> No.18645870

>>18645691
If you just follow the links in the thread you’ll see what he said in his own words.

>>18645791
Are these even quotes from Jünger?

>> No.18645891
File: 196 KB, 1859x690, 1626105662785.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18645691

>> No.18645952

>>18645870
Why do you care what this liberal chud said? Read men who lift that's what based Chads do.

>> No.18645995

>>18645812
The most completely homosexual physical activity, sure.

>> No.18646023

>>18644356
>>18644405
You do know what the * means right?

>> No.18646081

>>18644413
It was a great point.

>> No.18646410

>>18645995
So you like bodybuilding but not mma. Why?

>> No.18646418

>>18646410
Both are lame. If you want a complete physical activity go out into the streets and beat up women and queers.

>> No.18646592

>>18646418
How often do you do this?

>> No.18647139

>>18645518
What did they mean by this?

>> No.18647257

>>18642931
Aren't these sports mostly part of general education. I remember gym class being pretty bad, more terrible activities than good and poor teaching. Some of the teams were like this too.

>> No.18647422

I left this thread in the morning at 20 posters an about 80 replies.
Its 25 posters now and 123 replies. Let's count: Butters + >>18644356 + >>18645296 + >>18645238 + >>18645691 is 5 new people and they wrote about 10 replies in total.
OP is samefagging and artificially keeping this thread alive. And he continues to write non responses to posts that BTFO him.
A few years back those who didn't want to lift just said "I don't want to lift". Now we get mentally ill people like OP who crave attention and need multiple bodies of philosophy to justify their decision.

>> No.18647587

James Lafond *almost makes me interested in sports but then I realize it's just the autistic historical references and that makes me want to go read another history book instead.

>> No.18648013

>>18647422
>samefagging
How many times are you going to post this?

>> No.18648112 [DELETED] 

test

>> No.18648141

>>18647422
>samefag
>accuses several people of samefagging
>doesn't even know basic board terms
>can't into reading
>can't into math
>can't tell posters apart
>just derails the thread
>makes several slide threads
>calls this a BTFO
Who's mentally ill?

>> No.18648694

>>18642883
Here are some selections on hunting. From Subtile Jagden

"Only those who know the zeal with which true entomologists defend their species and varieties can appreciate such features [subtle trait differences, as in colour]. The magnitude of the quarrels that have arisen in this way seems even more incredible when one looks at the objects around which they have arisen: for example, a small animal the size of a grain of rice, whose final tendril was described by one partner as concave and another as convex. In this respect, the aforementioned Custos Kolbe had to endure great hardship due to the attacks of Dr Kraatz, a war activist. A conflict broke out which lasted longer than the war at Troy. Not only did friendly luminaries rush to the aid of the two rivals, but their quarrels spread to associations, journals, and museums, and were passed on to epigones.

It seems puzzling that in this chamber, far from our tower of Babel, the quisquilla is so easily transformed into an Eris apple. The answer is already contained in the question: when it comes to the finest and most delicate objects, there is a risk of exaggerating the differences.

The description is also part of the hunt. The climax is found in the naming, which is similar to the taking into the hand. A new name is inscribed in Linnaeus' great hunting book, and is associated with one's family. It remains a trophy as long as the system exists. The game has become taboo. The triumph is mental, the reward for discernment is like winning a game of chess, and higher than physical possession, for he who recognises the prey pays a higher price than he who kills it. America is not named after the man who discovered it, but after the man who first recognised and described it.

>> No.18648703

>>18648694
"It is in spite of himself that the subtle hunter allows himself to deny the authorship of names; naming is his shelf, his droit de cuissage, which he fights for without realising it, in a farcical and often intolerant manner. When not on duty he is generous, peaceable, and sociable, like Uncle Toby of Tristram Shandy, both warlike and warm, or like our Dr Kraatz, the patron who opened the door to the sanctuary of Isis for generations. What he did, the founder of the Dalem Museum, was like an old blind man: he gave away the treasures he had accumulated during his long life for free – a rule rather than an exception in our guild.

Hunting, which is the primordial form of the great 'fighting and hiding' games, is a serious business that tolerates nothing outside of it. Argus has a hundred eyes and one goal. The myth shows him half awake and half asleep, not only because his eyes need to recover, but also because they perceive only part of the world. The hunter's thinking is too confined to the centre to not dissipate at the periphery. This applies not only to his disparate varieties of teachers, but to the entire cosmos. The hunter is always also the hunted, just as the warrior is also the guardian. In hunting, war, courting, in our dynamic world and also its overtaking, the risk increases."

>> No.18648717

>>18648703
And from Ortega's Meditations on Hunting:

"To the real brutality in the treatment of animals which was habitual in some Latin countries some years ago, the Englishman responds with another exaggeration. Photographic hunting is a mannerism and not a refinement; it is an ethical mandarinism no less deplorable than the intellectual pose of the other mandarins. England, like all nations that have enjoyed good fortune for too long, had fallen into intensive mandarinism. The copious admiration that I feel for the strong English people makes me prefer their classic firmness to these recent mannered tendernesses. And such a preference is not purely my whim. In the preoccupation with doing things as they should be done – which is morality – there is a line past which we begin to think that what is purely our whim or mania is necessary. We fall, therefore, into a new immorality, into the worst of all, which is a matter of not knowing those very conditions without which things cannot be. This is man's supreme and devastating pride, which tends not to accept limits on his desires and supposes that reality lacks any structure of its own which may be opposed to his will.

This sin is the worst of all, so much so that the question of whether the content of that will is good or bad completely loses importance in the face of it. If you believe that you can do whatever you like – even, for example, the supreme good, then you are, irretrievably, a villain. The preoccupation with what should be is estimable only when the respect for what is has been exhausted.

A good example of this, because of the very insignificance of its substance, is this ridiculousness of photographic hunting. One can refuse to hunt, but if one hunts one has to accept certain ultimate requirements without which the reality "hunting" evaporates. The overpowering of the game, the tactile drama of its actual capture, and usually even more the tragedy of its death nurture the hunter's interest through anticipation and give liveliness and authenticity to all the previous work: the harsh confrontation with the animal's fierceness, the struggle with its energetic defense, the point of orgiastic intoxication aroused by the sight of blood, and even the hint of criminal suspicion which claws the hunter's conscience. Without these ingredients the spirit of the hunt disappears. The animal's behavior is wholly inspired by the conviction that his life is at stake, and if it turns out that this is a complete fiction, that it is only a matter of taking his picture, the hunt becomes a farce and its specific tension evaporates. All of hunting becomes spectral when a photographic image, which is an apparition, is substituted for the prey. The use of a camera is comprehensible when it faces a pretty girl, a Gothic tower, a soccer goalie, or Einstein's hair; it is hopelessly inadequate when it faces the friendly wild boar rooting around in the thicket.

>> No.18648725

>>18648717
The mannerism consists in treating the beast as a complete equal, and it seems to me more authentically refined and more genuine to accept the inevitable inequality which regulates and stylizes the perennial fact of hunting as sport.

One should not look for perfection in the arbitrary, because in that dimension there is no standard of measure; nothing has proportion nor limit, everything becomes infinite, monstrous, and the greatest exaggeration is at once exceeded by another. The Englishman probably believes he has reached the height of tenderness in substituting the camera for the rifle. Consider this, however. Because the waters of India are infectious, he took the filter there to purify them. With surprise he discovered that the Hindu, so remiss in adopting English customs, for once concurred with him and adopted the filter enthusiastically. This is a fine example of how two deeds that are externally identical can have opposite human motivation. While the Englishman used the filter to avoid being killed by microbes in the water, the Hindu, to whom death was unimportant, used it to avoid killing the microbes in the water with his own microbes or gastric juices. The incontinent tenderness of the Englishman is, without further ado, canceled out, but that does not guarantee any authentic superiority on the part of the Hindu. With no standard nothing has merit, and man is capable of using even sublimity to degrade himself.

In situations like the one just mentioned, the Englishman could learn that if he kills a bull his action has a meaning in no way similar to the meaning of killing a bull in a bullfight. Human activities cry out to be looked at from within, and if they almost always go so badly it is because, though they are so precise, we insist on looking at them in such an imprecise way and, when we can, with the naked eye only. If you try to stretch someone's comprehension a bit he will tell you that you are dealing in subtleties, instead of attending only to the question of whether or not the subtleties are true. It will seem a subtlety that after all I have said I should try to determine here the role that death plays in hunting as sport."

>> No.18648826

>>18642883
I would also be interested in what your philosophy of hunting is.

One of the differences here is Jünger's earth spiritualisation, and a focus on the hidden, or what lies at the boundaries, just before the veil. And part of the interest in beetles is the enduring quality, what cannot be taken away and what separates us from our vision, as opposed to something like the butterfly, which, despite its smallness and fleeting appearance, almost overwhelms us with its presence.And

Elsewhere he even suggests that this focus on the hidden and absolutely minute is a possible response to the founding of the new continents. One could also see here a response to the brutal relation of paradise, of the vision which can only exploit. There is something beyond hunting or killing sport in this, and one may see, opposed to Ortega, that photography is not only a necessity if some relation to the earth is to be maintained, but can even be seen as a process of completion.

With the camera we are able to see things that would never otherwise be captured, so one may take the Argus myth in its positive sense. Although there is of course great danger here, and one must admit the greater immediacy of Ortega's hunting as the highest type of killing.

Nonetheless, the distance of photography, or simply viewing from a distance, may be taken as a possible interim, and a spiritualisation towards nature. The aristocratic division of the forests and beasts also comes with the risk of the all-seeing, as with the fox hunting one may see the out-tricking of the trickster - or perhaps the reversal of the tale of the dog and the sparrow.

In the end one finds the dominion of nature turned against him. Thus our simultaneously grotesque and decadent approach to nature today.

>> No.18648894

>>18648826
Or rather, his dominion over nature is turned against him. Amidst nothingness he can only create an illusory abundance, while at the same time descending into the depths of the earth. Total war arises from this, a search for impossible lands and a prey we cannot see.

Of course, the completion of a whole world taxonomy with all the most minor traits classified acts against the hidden realms, the worlds of primordial and elemental laws.
Perhaps for Jünger this was something of a test, of being able to still see the sacred amidst profanation.

>> No.18648927

>>18647422
You've made a number of posts in these threads trying to discredit me and others, manipulating without providing any value at all. And here you obviously misrepresent who is posting. What's your problem?
There have been multiple threads on this topic that have gone to over 300 posts.

>> No.18648973

>>18646418
Thanks for outing yourself.

>> No.18649039

>>18648725
And also on hunting and sport:

"I have indicated that a sport is the effort which is carried out for the pleasure that it gives in itself and not for the transitory result that the effort brings forth. It follows that when an activity becomes a sport, whatever that activity may be, the hierarchy of its values becomes inverted. In utilitarian hunting the true purpose of the hunter, what he seeks and values, is the death of the animal. Everything else that he does before that is merely a means for achieving that end, which is its formal purpose. But in hunting as a sport this order of means to end is reversed. To the sportsman the death of the game is not what interests him; that is not his purpose. What interests him is everything that he had to do to achieve that death – that is, the hunt. Therefore what was before only a means to an end is now an end in itself. Death is essential because without it there is no authentic hunting: the killing of the animal is the natural end of the hunt and that goal of hunting itself, not of the hunter. The hunter seeks this death because it is no less than the sign of reality for the whole hunting process. To sum up, one does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job, and so on and so forth."

>> No.18649369

guppy already btfo bodybuilders

https://williamguppy.substack.com/p/on-the-perversity-of-the-bodybuilding

>> No.18649560

>>18649369
Who?

>> No.18649603

>>18649560
don't play games

>> No.18650345

bump

>> No.18650405

>>18649603
But who is he?

>> No.18650492

>>18650405
look him up in the archives...he's /ourguy/ and helped us to separate from /fit/fags forever

>> No.18650626

>>18645691
"The material battles of the First World War form the other source. It brought forth a man of iron and with him a new style of action and a series of frontist movements, which the failed policy confronted helplessly. One can foresee that the Second World War, in particular in Germany and Russia, will produce persons similarly formed. In the experience, the knowledge of those years spent in the East, including the fate of prisoners, there lies a still uninvestigated chapter of pain, the authentic currency of our age.

Finally, important in this connection is that special type of work called sport. It manifests the aspiration not just to normalize a higher degree of physical health, but to enter the record books at the limits of the possible, even to exceed them. In alpine skiing, flying, ski jumping, there are demands that surpass the human and an automatism preceded by deadening. Such records raise the bar over and over again. This process even translates to the workplace; it produces those worker-heroes who master twenty times over the work quota of a single exploited worker of 1913.

Considered from this point of view, one cannot blame illness, decadence or morbidezza for this development. Instead, one sees men appear who go their way like iron machines, indifferent even when the catastrophe breaks them. Admittedly, the spectacle remains rather strange, in which currents of activity and passivity touch, while the plankton sinks to the bottom and sharks rise up—on the one hand, the most tender impressionism, on the other, explosive action; on the one hand, subtle and pained understanding, on the other, will and excessive development of power"

With everything I know about Jünger lifting would be just in line with his virtues. Also /fitlit/ is the best combination and I could heem everyone ITT and fuck your mom

>> No.18650679

>>18650626
>Instead, one sees men appear who go their way like iron machines, indifferent even when the catastrophe breaks them.
This shit is dyer.

>> No.18650732
File: 7 KB, 225x225, cutie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm inbetween sets at the gym while reading this thread and laughing at the cope posts from you fatties

>> No.18650734

>>18650626
/lit/ and /n/ are the better combo
even /lit/ and /g/ make more sense than litfit

>> No.18650758

>>18650626
>With everything I know about Jünger
So nothing.

>> No.18650966

>>18650732
Imagine being so insecure that you get mogged in your lifts by an anon nonlifter.

>> No.18650979

>>18650966
>Pretending
Wow

>> No.18650988

>>18648927
There's about two people, probably OP included, who post for OPs position. It was blatantly obvious from the previous thread, who cares if it got to 300

>> No.18651028

Personal fitness and recreational athletics are good things. Industrialized sports industries are are not.

>> No.18651037

>>18650988
Why wouldn't OP post for OPs position?
What a fucking retard you are

>> No.18651049

>>18643554
Absolutely btfo

>> No.18651074

>>18645328
>Not even strength and conditioning coaches, who preach these movements like the Bible, believe what you’re saying
Yes, they don't believe they are specialist movements either. Quarter squats with an explosive eccentric movement is specialist, for building power into a rugby tackle for example.

>> No.18651076

>>18651028
What's the difference?

>> No.18651083

>>18645347
What do you mean then?

>> No.18651087

>>18650988
You're a pathetic faggot >>18645518 >>18645891

>> No.18651090

>>18645558
Interesting, is this Jungers writing? I would like to read more.

>> No.18651128

>>18650734
Why do you think this?

>> No.18651154

>>18643554
The problem is nothing can be spelled out for them. Despite the name /fitlit/ there is nothing /lit/ about their actions

>> No.18651183

>>18643977
>with the Vitruvian Man there is a turning inward of the celestial spheres, an Atlas figure now being turned by the elements.
Interesting posts.

>> No.18651286

>Nothing evokes the end of the world more than a man running straight ahead on a beach, swathed in the sounds of his walkman . . . Primitives, when in despair, would commit suicide by swimming out to sea until they could swim no longer. The jogger commits suicide by running up and down the beach. His eyes are wild, saliva drips from his mouth. Do not stop him.

>> No.18651350

>>18650679
Do you mean dire?

>> No.18651361
File: 319 KB, 2048x529, Screenshot_20210714-221955.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18651087
Hahaha yeah mate

>> No.18651362

>>18650626
You think that is a supporting quote?

>> No.18651371

>>18651037
That's not my point. My point is that there is probably only one person aside from OP who posts for his opinion. I admit I worded my previous comment poorly.

>> No.18651418
File: 33 KB, 328x499, 1626264884300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/fitlit/ are the only ones here who have written anything good.

>> No.18651439

https://www.cia.gov/static/8e0b826f9c0c91571ff267c2c75ac1af/Physical-Fitness-Test-Requirements.pdf

>> No.18651486

>>18651361
I don't get it.

>> No.18651660

>>18651371
You're either retarded or trying to manipulate for some reason. Obvious in these posts >>18650988
>>18651361

>> No.18651823

>>18644236
>I think Evola makes a major mistake with his focus on individualism
What do you mean?

>> No.18652120

>You stop a horse that is bolting. You do not stop a jogger who is jogging. Foaming at the mouth, his mind riveted on the inner countdown to the moment when he will achieve a higher plane of consciousness, he is not to be stopped. If you stopped him to ask the time, he would bite your head off. He doesn’t have a bit between his teeth, though he may perhaps be carrying dumbbells or even weights in his belt (where are the days when girls used to wear bracelets on their ankles?). What the third-century Stylite sought in self-privation and proud stillness, he is seeking through the muscular exhaustion of his body. He is the brother in mortification of those who conscientiously exhaust themselves in the body-building studios on complicated machines with chrome pulleys and on terrifying medical contraptions. There is a direct line that runs from the medieval instruments of torture, via the industrial movements of production-line work, to the techniques of schooling the body by using mechanical apparatuses. Like dieting, bodybuilding, and so many other things, jogging is a new form of voluntary servitude (it is also a new form of adultery).

>> No.18652143
File: 871 KB, 400x168, tumblr_mv2uuuqY2W1r4nnq3o3_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18652120
Is this supposed to be pro or anti jogging

>> No.18652159

Bro…cringe…

>> No.18652199

>>18651090
That's Ellul.

>> No.18652213

Brehs what is this gay shit. The male body is sexy as fuck.

>> No.18652220

>>18652143
It is neither pro nor anti, which is funny because that’s the whole fucking point and it went entirely over the head of every dude bro lifter retard ITT (you can consider this anti something btw)

>> No.18652277

>out of shape people seething for yet another thread
You guys really dont get how transparent this is lel

>> No.18652282

>>18651350
No dyer.

>> No.18652292

>>18652277
>>18650732
>>18647422
Post fizeek, face, shelf and essays

>> No.18652759

>>18652220
It's pretty funny how they outed themselves as seething brainlets.

>> No.18652914

>>18639311
I hope I age as well as Junger

>> No.18653766

>>18639311

>> No.18653800

>>18639311
You can tell the goblin on the right is a liar just by his phisionometry

>> No.18654087

>>18652914
God luck

>> No.18654890

>>18653800
Wasn't he Christian?

>> No.18655232

>>18643397
>No one was handing out medals to the guy who came last in a race, but happened to be cute and the gay judges loved watching his body in motion
ever heard of Gymnastics?

>> No.18655245

Did Foucault write anything significant about sport?

>> No.18655267

>>18643397
>Uugggggh
Cringe. You write like a woman redditor.

>> No.18655289

>>18639311
I'll bite.
What should a man do to stay physically healthy now?

>> No.18655472

>>18651076
One is about personal health and community engagement while the other is multi billion dollar industry with a large scale media apparatus dedicated to creating an unhealthy fanaticism within as many people as possible so to ensure that shovel money into organizations that do not benefit them in anyway and provide almost no positive social value.

>> No.18655506

>>18655472
>community
What community?

>> No.18655516

>>18655506
He’s referring to the cult, which is ironic.

>> No.18655546

>>18655506
The people in your surrounding area that you know personally. Recreational group athletics helps to develop relations with these between these people.

>> No.18655564

>>18655289
The critique is not to dismantle sport as something you should not do to stay healthy. If you find value in lifting, you should lift. I don’t think any of them would argue with that. It’s merely a critique of what sport is, and specifically what sport is and what it means in our modern technological age. So it’s not a matter of what you should or shouldn’t do. That said, if you accept the critique and thus see all those things of “sport” as undesirable then some sort of activity or activities which don’t subsume the body into purely mechanical processes of technique is about as good as you can get but even that is a little nonsensical if you think about it. The sort of pre-industrial character of a society preceding that of our technological one not only wouldn’t stayed in shape simply as a consequence of how one lived their life (farming, fishing, forestry, hunting, soldiering, whatever) but there wouldn’t have been any emphasis on “staying fit” as such. At all. The best way to stay fit in that regard is like what Ted posters would refer to as “the power process” but the striving for such an activity as something in lieu of an actual life like that, is itself a substitute activity and hence it doesn’t escape the critique either. Let’s say you design something sort of activity routine where you don’t need to do manual labor but you do it every morning just stay fit. Why? How is that not a view of activity as serving this vague “fitness” which is really a mechanistic view of the body, health, activity. It’s characterized by efficiency necessarily. The way you escape it is by genuine need or genuine leisure. Someone who undertakes long walks to take in the scenery of a mountainside town when the mood strikes him escapes it. Someone who undertakes 5 mi hikes for the purpose of decreasing their body fat and staying “fit” does not.

>> No.18655723

>>18655564
>genuine need
How does a regular person experience this in today's world?
>genuine leisure
Weightlifting, hiking, etc is lesure to many.

>> No.18655762

>>18655723
>How does a regular person experience this in today's world?
I suppose you can’t if you plan to live in the locus of modern technological society, especially if you live in a welfare state but I also suppose there are exceptions. People who live on homesteads and live this way not as a matter of exercise but survival comes to mind. Perhaps some people are lucky enough to live in society on manual labor jobs which aren’t highly subject to technique.
>Weightlifting, hiking, etc is lesure to many.
But we already talked about how they are also “sport” to many, but sport as we know it and sport as the Greeks knew it are entirely different things. I mean leisure in the most serious and literal sense of the word possible and not the sense where I could say “Well, I find this leisurely so it’s leisure”. Know what I mean?

>> No.18655974

>>18655762
Yearning for a simpler, natural existence is good, and lamenting its lack has its place. I think these criticisms go too far.
Sports, weightlifting, etc is men doing what they can with what they have right now. Going for a hike after work to wind down or lifting weights after a shift to calm down is still leisure, but perhaps its not the ideal you strive for. Most can't uproot their lives to become a farmhand or something, and as far as I can see, the only benefit from such a move would be psychological health because there is far less stress.
After all, some physical activity, even if forced, even if made into a mechanistic routine, is better than none at all.

>> No.18656177

>>18655974
But that’s irrelevant. Whether one wants to spend their afternoons in the gym hitting PRs is entirely up to them and neither objectively good nor bad. It’s only that it’s still a a consequence of technique and an outlook which aligns with such a society, like it or not.

>> No.18656390

>>18656177
And whether one wants to spend their days imagining some distant ideal past from which our world has degenerated through the lenses of some writers is entirely up to them and neither objectively good nor bad.
It's only that it's still a consequence of technique and an outlook which aligns with such a society, like it or not.

>> No.18656439

>>18656390
No, you’re missing the point again and taking the argument to a place it never intended to go and actually wouldn’t even go to incidentally if you really understood. I really don’t know how many times it needs to be clarified that critique does not necessarily conclude that you should or should not do anything in particular and it certainly doesn’t have much to do with an idealized past. Even the tongue and cheek, mocking reply here reeks of emotional argument. I don’t really want to keep responding to that sort of thing.

>> No.18656470

>>18656439
So what is your point? State it clearly.

>> No.18656473

>>18656470
I really can’t state it anymore clearly than I’ve already stated it.

>> No.18656495

>>18656473
Say it again please, as I haven't caught on, either because I have poor reading comprehension, or you haven't explained it very well so far.

>> No.18656514

>>18656495
Maybe someone else can articulate things better than I can but if I haven’t explained myself well then I’m afraid I won’t be able to do so. I think I’ve been clear enough here >>18655564, here >>18655762, and here >>18656177 already.

>> No.18656561

>>18655762
A couple additions to this that may help. Regarding health and food:

"We can reasonably assume, for example, that an apple contains a number of substances that so far have eluded the chemist and the biologist. It is likewise quite certain that even if all these substances could be synthetically reproduced in a pill, they could not replace the apple. For the apple embodies a principle that is higher than the sum of its parts. It is not a lifeless preparation, like the substances that have been, or could be, extracted from it, but an expression of life that grows and smells and ripens and has fragrance. No doubt the wise thing to do is to eat the apple itself rather than swallow the vitamins which may be extracted from it. And I shall also show wisdom by eating the apple not for the sake of all the vitamins it contains, but because it is an apple. The difference is fundamental, for in the first instance I am acting like a sick person, in the second like a healthy one. In matters of food we act wisely if we avoid the technician wherever we can.
But if I cannot get the real apple – then not even common sense can help me over this deficiency. And this apple which I cannot get is just one symptom of the constantly growing difficulty in feeding the masses that live within the technical organization. It is clear beyond a doubt that all the biological theories of nutrition and nutritional practices spring up precisely where nutrition is most difficult, that is, in the large cities where technical progress in biochemistry has made the greatest headway. The biochemical industry typically claims its products will cure prevailing disturbances and blights, not by offering fresh, healthy, strength-giving food – that it cannot give – but by supplying substitutes."

>> No.18656569

>>18656561
And leisure:

"Those who place their hopes in the machine – and hope implies an anticipation of the future – ought to be aware that the hopes themselves must be of a technical kind, for one cannot expect from the machine something which lies outside its potentialities. They must distinguish the machine from the chimeras which have become associated with it and which have nothing to do with its purpose. There is, for instance, a wide-spread belief that the machine relieves man of work, that thereby he gains leisure and time for free activity. This belief in many cases is unshakable and unexamined. Where one comes across it, one senses that it is one of the props which uphold technical progress, justify it, and secure an optimistic view of the future. Obviously, a machine which does not profit man appeals to no one – optimism is needed in this connection also. But we are here dealing with an assertion, the validity of which has not been established, and constant repetition gives it no greater conviction. Leisure and free activity are not accessible to everybody, and they are conditions in no way connected with the machine. A man who is relieved of work is not thereby capable of leisure; a man who gains time does not thereby gain the capacity to spend this time in free activity, for leisure is not a mere doing-nothing, a state that can be defined negatively. Leisure, to be fruitful, presupposes a spiritual and mental life from which it draws its meaning and its worth. An otium sine dignitate ("leisure without dignity") is hollow, empty loafing. Nor is leisure, as many seem to think, a mere intermission in work for a limited time – no, by definition it is unlimited and indivisible, and from it originates all meaningful work. Leisure is the prerequisite of every free thought, every free activity. And this is why only the few are capable of it, since the many, when they have gained time, only kill it. Not everyone is born for free activity, or else the world would not be what it is. Thus, even if the machine did relieve man of work, this would be no guarantee that man would profit by the time gained and use it intelligently. The unemployed worker who does not have this capacity goes to pieces; because he does not know what to do with the empty time that befalls him. Not only does he have no use for it – it even harms him. He loses heart; he thinks himself degraded because he no longer fulfills his function. He has neither strength nor urge for free activity, and since he has gained nothing but empty time, he is barred from all leisure and that abundance of free activity which stems from creative thought. No connection whatsoever exists between the reduction of work and leisure and free activity; as little, in fact, as an increase in the speed of locomotion implies a rise in morality, or the invention of telegraphy an increase in clear thinking."

>> No.18656587

>>18656514
1. Unhappiness with the fact that we have to consciously replicate natural situations that made us fit in primitive times.
2. That fact that this replication will cause some amount of psychological stress (and maybe some damage) because its not what our psyche's have evolved to deal with.
3. Related to point 1 and 2 is the fact that replication will often mean just a mechanistic imitation of the natural situations, with allusions to metaphysics and holism to show how this imitation will not work as those natural situations have something more than merely the sum of their parts.
4. Consequently that this replication will allow for bad things to come up, like a fixation on performance and efficieny, or narcissism.
5. And finally, all this happens because we live in our specific society that doesn't allow for the natural discharge of our instincts, making most, if not all of our activities substitutes.
Does this represent your point accurately?

>> No.18656590
File: 49 KB, 640x853, perseus and medusa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18639311
This is the type of physique that's born out of dancing, playing, swinging around and having childlike fun
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr68BiLM6hA&

This is the type of physique that's born out of mechanistic abomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpWOY9ENOs&t=2s

body builders look gross, I can't believe anyone finds them attrative. Natty physiques born from organic manual labor are always slender twinks or stout dad-bods, you never see the type of grotesques malformed muscles of a body builder.

Look at this idea of a Greek Hero. Does he look like "sports super star?" ? No, he looks like a healthy young athletic male. 90% of Greek statues do. People totally abuse the idea of what Greeks actually thought was a good physique on a man. It was muscular, yes, but by our standards it'd be run-of-the-male surfer, skateboarder, a karate fighter like Bruce lee. You never see these big hulking wrestler abominations in Greek art unless they represent monsters.

>> No.18656594

>>18656561
I find it helpful. I don’t know if the other person will. What’s shocking about all of this, to me, is that he previous quote someone offered which talked about this in even the countryside. In America especially, you see exactly this obsessive interest with all matters of diet, exercise, and basically indications of deficiency of “higher principle” even more rural areas. It is really not just large cities. In fact, many large cities seem to have moved further along the curve and simply abandoned attempts to substitute altogether. Cities like Los Angeles might be the locus for this sort of thing but you’ll find it just well across rural California, Nevada, Arizona, and just about everywhere else as well.

>> No.18656669

>>18656569
Is this Jünger or someone else?

>> No.18656683

>>18656590
I don’t think I would agree that the former isn’t also mechanistic. It’s just a sport of another degree.

>> No.18656703

>>18656590
You don't like professional bodybuilding now. You prefer the old school bodybuilders, and above them physiques developed from natural labor. Your primary concern aesthetics and you use Junger, Ellul, Ted Kac, and whoever else's writings (summarized in >>18656587) to support your view.
Is this an accurate summary of what you are trying to convey?

>> No.18656720

>>18656569
Important to keep in mind is that if we discuss this in terms of materialism, of causality and consequence, then nothing will be learned outside of this. The discussion will revolve around results and pragmatic concerns, critique and continuation no matter how bad the information is. This is itself a problem of scientific and liberalist (free speech) thinking.

I cannot speak as much for the others, but Jünger wants us to see what lies behind things - the inner depths, what is behind the veil of maya, the numinous signs and elemental forces. This is impossible from a materialist perspective, from the point of critique, and in the end will only lead to nihilism and further profanation.

A clear distinction in the form is that those who cannot see it are those who think that Sarajevo was the cause of the First World War. this ignores the metaphysical forces and higher laws, the theological aspect of war.
Here we cannot be concerned with fitness alone, with the results. What matters much more is the extent to which man sees himself as a species and engages in the spiritual battles.

What forms modernity is not only liberalism or decline, but a new species, perhaps even a genus of man, and a providential relation. It is not only formlessness, nothingness, and seeing it such away is only to reenforce that view.
The fitness and health culture is thus not a matter of preserving, of bettering oneself, or ensuring health, it is precisely another aspect of austerity or attrition in the creation of the new species.

For a certain example, the idea that the conservative and national socialist youth were forged and tanned in foundries using animal sperm. With this Jünger uses an image close to the old myths, and it says so much more than anything in critique, for example what you get with Ellul, Evola, or any of the others.
Bodybuilding in the California/Hollywood sense has a much softer and bourgeois intent than the national socialist image, but the point remains that it is a matter of species creation of the democratic man. There are great images of strength and promotion of traditional values, but these are at best technical concerns, empty imagery, or at worst pure manipulation.
We see here the defeatism of these same people who otherwise say, 'no we are not promoting lifting as the only solution to the west's problems' with 'well what else can anyone do?' At the same time they ruthlessly attack anyone who says anything about their lifestylism.

>> No.18656728

>>18656669
Yes, Friedrich Georg Jünger.

>> No.18656738

>>18656683
>>18656703
I'm inferring my own interpretation from junger quote from previous thread.
>A man who starts to jump and run for the sheer joy of jumping and running and who stops when the mood has left him is entirely different from the man who enters an athletic event in which, under guidance of technical rules and with the use of time clocks and measuring apparatus, he jumps and runs in an attempt to break a record. The high pleasure that swimming and diving give us is due to the touch of water, its crystal freshness, its coolness, purity, transparency, and gentle yielding. This delight, obviously, is of no significance in contests where professional swimmers perform. For the purpose of such contests is to find out which swimmer has the most perfect technique and consequently reaches the goal faster than the rest. Training for record-breaking is essentially an intensification of will power aimed at complete mastery over the body which has to obey mechanically. Such an effort may be quite useful and effective. But the more the training for, and the breaking of, records become ends in themselves, the more sterile they grow.
The physique of the modern athlete betrays the one-sided training to which it is subjected. His body is trained, but it is anything but beautiful. The body-building, as effected by specialized sports, does not achieve beauty, because it lacks proportion, something a body devoted to special training no more can have than a mind narrowed down to highly specialized interests. When the sports-trained body is considered beautiful, it is due not merely to the absence of a trained eye, to insufficient study of the nude. No, an appraisal of this sort also expresses the fact that the human body is judged by mechanical criteria such as muscular dimensions and, in particular, by the specialized training it shows. These criteria, however, lack appreciation for the quiet, effortless fullness of beauty; they do not consider relaxed easiness or charm and grace. These viewpoints are deficient in spirituality as well as in sensuality. Unbalance and exaggeration of physique as bred by modern sports are most striking with women. Both their bodies and their faces acquire hardened, sterile traits. Modern sports are incompatible with any kind of artistic life and activity; they are essentially unartistic and unspiritual by nature.
A comparison suggests itself between the sportsman and the ascetic, who is also a professional, though in quite a different sense. The training of the sportsman has an ascetic trait, and through all sports we find a certain puritanism, a strict hygiene of physical habits, which controls sleep, nutrition, and sex life from the viewpoint of efficiency. Sportsmen are not a group of people who exuberantly express their abundance of vital energy, but a tribe of strict professionals who rigidly economize their every ounce of strength, lest they waste a single motion of their money-making, fame-making physique.

>> No.18656756 [DELETED] 
File: 176 KB, 800x1363, 800px-Apollo_of_the_Belvedere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18656683
>>18656703
>>18656738
And for the record, I don't deny that gymanstics are any less mechanistic than lets say football or baseball. I'm just giving my view that they are closer to the "natty" beautiful look which junger refers too, and which can be seen in Greco-Roman statues and art. Here is a 1st century statue of Apollo. Doesn't look much like Tom Brady, does it?

>> No.18656767

>>18656594
Definitely striking how much even rural areas have changed. Something I have noticed is the side-by-sides which seemed to only be used in hunting before. But now it is everyone going out on 'leisurely strolls' or sunday drives in the woods. Women in particular seem to like them.
I'm not in the US but I'm guessing the migration out of the cities is a huge reason for these changes. As well as travel and decadence in media.

>> No.18656770

>>18656728
That’s interesting because this line of thinking, I think, parlays directly into his brother’s ideas about the Anarch. The confession that not everyone can achieve leisure would also imply a confession that not everyone can be an Anarch, if they were in agreement anyway. That’s a question people always ask and which actually isn’t all that easy to answer.

>> No.18656782

>>18656756
No, I suppose not. I just would think they’re more or less athletes along the same lines. The closeness of physique is more or less incidental. Maybe there’s a degree the former is closer to play. I don’t know.

>> No.18656785
File: 176 KB, 800x1363, 800px-Apollo_of_the_Belvedere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18656683
>>18656703
>>18656738 (You)
And for the record, I don't deny that gymanstics are any less mechanistic than lets say football or baseball. I'm just giving my view that they are closer to the "natty" beautiful look which junger refers too, and which can be seen in Greco-Roman statues and art. Here is a 1st century statue of Apollo. Doesn't look much like Arnold Schwarzenegger, does it? although it does a little like a smaller version of Tom Brady

>> No.18656793

>>18656782
>>18656785
sorry, I wanted to modified my post a bit so I deleted it. It's the same gist

>> No.18656815

>>18656767
What is a side-by-side?

Ive spent a lot of time in the American countryside and personally, I’ve observed a really quite shocking degree of industrialization across it. I’ve made harsh comments about it in the past and I admit that it’s left me a little jaded. The United States is a country which has massive swaths of land and areas which are not easily accessible by car, plane, or boat, and yet they’re pretty commonly totally subsumed by technological industrial modes of living or else their state owned patches of land that are economize for this or that purpose. You take US farmers for example and they’re often the first ones to talk you up about things like simple, traditional, living and to the less observant eye, you might think they live a life that’s somehow outside this system that these authors are talking about but it’s nonsense. The first people to talk about how this “traditional” way of life “gets into your blood” are the first to use industrial fertilizer sprayed from their combine, from which they sit and listen to XM radio. You also find that things like CrossFit are popular there. It’s all very strange. I have my own theories about places which are furthest from this but I won’t go into that.

>> No.18656845

>>18656590
I always liked the Heracles statue. You can see an almost gigantic strength with him, and the smaller muscles follow naturally from the core strength. Almost serpentine like in that they are additions or supporting muscles of movement apart from the core which binds into the earth and has a character much like a fulcrum.

Our sense of balance is essentially off because we think that each muscle must be maximized on its own. And there may be a big difference in weapons and army training as well, perhaps strengthening to a higher degree than any other martial art, and particularly those without weapons.

The strongman, lumberjack, and highland competitions probably come closest to this. Although Heracles was excwptional even among heroes.
The more sleek look of Perseus also may be connected with hunting. And I think almost all of the major heroes were hunters.

>> No.18656915

>>18656815
A side-by-side is one of those dual seather four wheelers. Like a cross between a golf cart and four wheeler. I don't know if they have another name, here that's what everyone calls them.

I think what you say is largely true. It's almost impossible to just go homestead and make enough money. Generally people work jobs as well as 'hobby farm'. And probably all the most well known homesteaders are youtubers who don't really homsestead but make money off the technical side of it. It's a bit of a larp.

But there are plenty of real ones, and a desire to become more independent. Here lots of women have their baking small businesses, and it's very nice to see along with good quality vegetables and meat.
It's a bit of an interim, an in between state. But at the same time this can be seen as preparing for what is to come. And there is a possibility that in hard times these places will become more in touch with nature and tradition.

There are also some people who have returned to work with oxen or horses. Of course, this is very few, and I basically see things in terms of Empedocles philosophy that very small groups of people keep the essential forces intact.
And the popularity of Ted suggests that eventually there will be a huge backlash against tech. They are already reporting nurse shortages, so we are at the point of technological exhaustion, the auaterity becoming too much.

>> No.18656934

>>18656915
>I don't know if they have another name, here that's what everyone calls them.
We call them UTVs or OTVs.

What does the nursing shortage imply? Why nursing?

>> No.18656937

>>18656915
Dual-seater in terms of width.

>> No.18656983

>>18656934
Nurses are quitting because of 'exhaustion', excess overtime shifts, and medical and technical restrictions becoming too stressful.
It's just one example of people becoming overwhelmed by the destructive aspects of technology, and technology reaching a limit where it cannot maintain bourgeois appearances.

The general migration out of the cities is another part of this, and one might say the 'reddit' response to restrictions, vaxxing, etc. Is largely just a show. They are deeply suffering and there will be major implications.

>> No.18657000

>>18656983
That’s interesting. I’ve noticed something kind of similar across the sphere of work and employment here. I think sadly these people won’t find what they’re looking for outside of the cities in the long run, even if they do find more livable conditions. In the US, I find most large cities to be damn near unlivable and I admit that as a born and raised New Yorker even.

>> No.18657199

>>18656720
So you where looking for anons to discuss Evola, Junger and the rest with you, and nothing else.
And your response to >>18656587 and >>18656590 is "you're a liberal materialist, of couse you don't understand the inner depths and essences of the spirit of mankind as a whole".
I'll leave you to post more snippets from those writers and agree with yourself.

>> No.18657209

>>18657199
Meant to link >>18656703

>> No.18657647

>>18657199
Huh?

>> No.18658428

>>18656770
I think they agreed on most things.

>> No.18658535

>>18642848
Why would you waste your time with this gay bullshit? You should be fit, end of story. How you go about this doesn’t really matter you gluttonous faggotjew. Being fit is should just a matter of existence, like eating healthily, providing a service/making money (job/career), helping your brother out, sexually owning a female in order to procreate and fighting off the eternal Jew.

>> No.18658551

>>18658535
Let me guess you also post about Nietzsche and the decline of the west

>> No.18658554

>>18643281
Just don’t be a fat eat-your-fee-fees disgusting cuck monster. Soft, weak, söylords frantically fapping to Jewish BBC cuck porn are worse than Jews themselves. Do what ever it takes not to become this goyslave.

>> No.18658559

>>18658551
Let me guess you like consuming media and having no family and owning no home?

>> No.18658564

>>18658559
Kek

>> No.18658581

>>18642890
>>18642929
SOMEBODY please explain what the fuck you guys are talking about. Those Greek statues look very similar to bodybuilders. What would the difference be between ancient and modern physical training, besides the exercises and types of equipment? Did these Greeks only train skills like combat/wrestling instead of focusing purely on changing how their muscles look?

>> No.18658592

>>18658581
If you think these guys look like the status you're blind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKv8mEHfwDA

>> No.18658595

>>18658592
that dudes legs looks like raisins what the fuck
this is so far from the greek ideal of beauty that it actually becomes sickening

>> No.18658607

Seeing as this is the 'btfo stupid fitnigger' thread, lets talk about the carnivore diet.
A fad that is even more retarded than veganism. Entirely baseless in history, European people have always had plant based diets.
Furthermore, the greatest minds to ever exist taught to abstain from eating the flesh of animals.

>> No.18658611

>>18643256
100% bullshit. You do not have to lift weights or exercise to be healthy. Our bodies only require nutrients and rest to be healthy. You working out your muscles makes them bigger because your body is responding to the new demands, if anything you are causing unnecessary stress to your body all in the name of aesthetics. Reminds me of the runners who you hear having a heart attack mid-run. Your post is just pure cope, you are telling yourself you are healthy to justify your physique goals but exercise or not you will drop dead on the same day, bitch

>> No.18658625

>>18658559
Enjoy lifting your rainbow dumbbells while your home is burned down by rainbow flag wavers

>> No.18658660 [DELETED] 

>>18643752
Kill yourself fucking retarded faggot. I want to beat the life out of you and watch your shock as your muscles don’t cancel out your disability

>> No.18658696

>>18658592
you didn’t even respond to my point fucking retard, i don’t understand how people are so dumb here. i’m asking IF GREEKS TRAINED SPECIFICALLY FOR AESTHETICS BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY THEY HAD ENLARGED MUSCLES

>> No.18658699
File: 1.02 MB, 2488x1921, 1625804175930.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting /fit/ faces since they scurred

>> No.18658721

>>18658699
AHAHA THAT DWARF AT THE BEACH LMAAAAO

>> No.18658739

>>18658607
>European people have always had plant based diets.
Why do you lie like a Jew? For tens of thousands of years Europeans ate a meat based diet especially through the winter months. Why are you lying about this? There is not even a Jewish female anthropologist that would disagree with me and yet you are just pulling gay AIDS infected shit out of your ass and passing it off as Kosher, like a Jew, why? I really want to know why you are lying?

>> No.18658766

>>18658611
>You do not have to lift weights or exercise to be healthy.
Wrong. Physical exertion releases hormones and triggers physiological responses needed for optimal health. Being a soft, weak, effeminate cucklord is not healthy. I honestly can’t even imagine how feminized and disgusting you most be

>> No.18658781

>>18658766
You are an actual idiot.

>> No.18659231

>>18658696
>IF GREEKS TRAINED SPECIFICALLY FOR AESTHETICS
they did. They formally invented the idea of aesthetics too.

>> No.18659233

>>18658739
>sputtering anti-semite
Not an argument.

>> No.18659244

>>18658739
>For tens of thousands of years Europeans ate a meat based diet
Can you prove this without relying on 'theories' from scientists who wish to establish a connection between apes and humans?

>> No.18659315

>>18658781
You’re angry because from a medical perspective he is right you are indeed most likely fat and disgusting.

>> No.18659334

>>18659244
There is overwhelming evidence supporting what I said. Nobody was baking bread or eating bowls of rice or cereals or eating tubers (none are native to Europe) 10000 years ago in January in mid German. You understand why, you stupid fuck, right?

>> No.18659342

>>18659233
>anti-semite
This is like saying anti-evil

>> No.18659362

>>18642848
Have lifted for more the a month?zw0msx

>> No.18659368

>>18659244
There was no agriculture going on through 7 feet of snow in sub zero weather. How are you this dumb yet still posting?

>> No.18659372

>>18642884
Bruh. They tell you to do that because powerlifting(getting a strong 1rm) transfers over to all that. It’s more efficient training for a big dl then doing all that other gay shit you suggested

>> No.18659389

>>18659368
One season out of the four. K. Lets pretend that all of europe is the swiss alps too, lmfao.
Saint Antony lived to the age of 125 eating just bread and drinking water, living in a cave.
Enjoy dying before 40 from a meat only diet.

>> No.18659444
File: 434 KB, 500x730, 1623861819228.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

when i used to go running (for only a few months), i achieved something only once which was called a "runner's high" - i felt like i was slowly ascending off of the ground as i was running and that i could run forever with no troubles or worries with beyond perfect concentration

it wasn't until weeks later that i found out how extremely rare this phenomenon is
i saw an interview of a veteran marathon runner who'd been running for over 40 years who said he'd only ever got it 6 times in his entire life

also isn't this thread supposed to be about general sports? why the hell is everybody talking about olympic weightlifting and the like instead of regular sports normal people play, like tennis?

>> No.18659560

>>18659315
> from a medical perspective
Not only is here emphatically wrong, you’re outing yourself as an idiot as well since you got completely filtered.

>> No.18659568

Embarrassing thread for the lifters.

>> No.18659588

>>18659372
That’s not even true.

>> No.18659600

>>18658581
Training to look good is an asinine endeavor; looking good as a byproduct of training (for combat, fun, whatever) is the way to go. Not training is as bad as bodybuilding, it’s some faggy shit.

>> No.18659615

>>18659362
Too much creatine again?

>> No.18659661
File: 75 KB, 1000x666, mishima.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/fitlit/ gang

>> No.18659672

Top tier troll thread. Great way to bait all the 'intelligent' fittards who read BAP but pretend to read Plato into embarrassing themselves.

>> No.18659682

>>18659661
I REFUSE to read the /fit/ sticky, other than the sir comics I dont see a point in visiting there anymore

>> No.18659764

>>18656720
More like if you stated your point clearly and concisely, without resorting to bombast and vague metaphysical allusions, this thread and your argument would disappear within a few posts.
But since your aim is to not prove a point or give a directive, but to have a circle jerk about those writers, lament the loss of some golden ideal and one up /fit/ types, not through arguments but through stubborn repeatation, this thread exists.
Defeatism? YOU are the one with the premise that we have degenerated from the Greeks. You choose these theories to assuage some deep unhappiness you feel. Not the other anons.

>> No.18659768
File: 14 KB, 314x499, 41IUI4TITYL._SX312_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is the only book I could find that provides a Traditionalist perspective on sports. I found the parts about zen archery and the sioux thinking the ball as Wanka Tanka in one of their sports to be interesting. The critiques of modern sports I did not find so surprising from a Traditionalist, like over competitiveness, fandom and hooliganism, fitness being an end itself, obsession with stats, gambling, etc, but I did find Prince Muhammad's comment about athletes being referred to as "heroes" being a degeneration of the heroic ideal to be interesting.

>> No.18659796

>>18659661
Ironically, he said in his own words that bodybuilding was part of his nihilist cope.

>> No.18659825

>>18659764
Biggest failure in the entire thread. Talk about vague language. You just used a lot of it to allege the same while ironically demanding that he engage you exclusively in the frame that’s being challenged. You are like the atheist who demands natural evidence for the supernatural only when you don’t get it, you throw a tantrum.

>> No.18659827

>>18657647
See >>18659764
And tell me if >>18656587 is an accurate representation of your point. Calling me a liberal materialist is not a counter argument. Whatever views you have about the metaphysical and transcendental aspects of modern physical training can be said in plain language.

>> No.18659836

>>18659825
Your claim to the existence of the transcendental must be supported by you. So write your points in plain language and tell me if >>18656587 accurately represents your point.
You have to understand that whatever esoteric doctrines and transcendental knowledge you have in mind can be spoken of in plain and concise language.

>> No.18659837
File: 476 KB, 2048x1657, 25ARATONweb1-superJumbo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18659768
Would prince guzzle bin akhbar at least agree that hitting 73 dingers in a single season is heroic?

>> No.18659855

>>18659837
No, nor is would agree getting paid $39 million to dribble a ball to be a worthy accomplishment.

>> No.18659871

>>18659825
Nope. More stubborn repetition from you. All my posts very crystal clear and designed to probe and get your view on this matter with some clarity. All your posts are either an emotional insult disguised as a well thought out post or some snippets of text from those writers or congratulating and agreeing with your previous posts.
Again, does >>18656587 represent your point or not? If it doesn't, because it lacks transcendental elements and is too materialistic for your liking, you can say that and add or subtract to those points in plain language.

>> No.18659908

>>18659855
Getting picked last really fucks a dude up

>> No.18659914

>>18659796
What isn't a nihilistic cope?

>> No.18659916
File: 1010 KB, 2304x1728, dr350 ballinger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18656767
side by siders need to perish
t. dual sport chad

>> No.18659923

>>18659764
It was pretty clear. Try reading a book sometime.

>> No.18659935

>>18659908
Who do you expect me to believe, a book literally written by royalty or some shitposter on an anonymous korean underwater basket weaving imageboard?

>> No.18659939

>>18659672
Unfortunately we didn't get very far because of all the seething and sliding so we'll probably need another thread or two.

>> No.18659948

>>18659923
>>18659939
Nope we don't another thread. This is just more stubborn repetition from you.
Answer this >>18659871

>> No.18659983

>>18659871
You're talking to more than one person.

>> No.18659997

>>18659948
God damn looks like we're going to need a lot more threads.

>> No.18660021

>>18659997
Then do us all a favor and summarize your points. Does this >>18656587 capture your view? If not modify it to represent your view correctly and post. And keep the language plain and concise. Because otherwise we will have arguments about irrelevant strawmen, which will derail the thread into name calling and frustrate you to no end. Keep in mind that whatever deep esoteric transcendental ideas you have can be expressed in plain and concise language. Don't deflect and stubbornly repeat the same talking points again.

>> No.18660028
File: 322 KB, 472x709, H.R.H._Prince_Ghazi_bin_Muhammad_with_Shmagh_Smiling_13.12.11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18659935
You got me there,

>> No.18660037

>>18660021
>made us fit in primitive times
What primitive times? Go back 10,000 years and the work you would have had perform each day would be less than working the average manual labor job in the 21st century.
There is no point in human history where people were lifting rocks all day long. Well except for slaves.. So the logical conclusion is that weight lifting is an activity for people with the mental capacity of ancient slaves.

>> No.18660056

>>18660021
I have no point. I'm just here to bully you with spiritual weapons.

>> No.18660069

>>18660037
No, point 1 states that natural circumstances that warrant physical activity are no longer present and must be forcefully recreated. It says nothing about comparing the workload of a man 10000 years ago to the workload of a modern day laborer. This is very clear, it is written in the most direct and plain language possible.
Yet, you didn't even modify those points to represent your view correctly, just hurled another veiled insult, with the implication that all modern day gym-goers have no life outside the gym and lift weights all day, akin to slaves.
So we're back to square 1 again.
Does >>18656587 it represent your viewpoint accurately? I think it does, but maybe you want to add a few more points about the metaphysical aspects of physical training in there. Do it. Then we can proceed.

>> No.18660076

>>18660069
I'll clarify in the next thread.

>> No.18660080

>>18660056
Which means my assessment of your aim being:
1. Circle jerk those writers
2. One up /fit/ types using bombast
3. Assuage some deep unhappiness you feel in today's world with those writer's works
was correct.
Which also means these threads are pure bait and hold no value whatsoever. But they are cleverly disguised behind verbiage and esoteric philosophy to not seem otherwise.

>> No.18660083

>>18659916
based motorsport chad
do you go out there often?

>> No.18660096
File: 208 KB, 1000x750, godlatz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18660056
That spiritual FIZEEQ!

>> No.18660099

>>18660076
Hopefully by then you can summarize your points and not resort to deflection and verbiage. Or maybe you are banking on the fact that most anons would have forgotten this thread and you can start this circle jerk once more.

>> No.18660109

>>18660080
Go drink your bug protein shake

>> No.18660123

>>18660109
That's alright anon. Your replies show that you admit >>18660080 was your aim all along. Doesn't matter any insults you send my way. But at least direct insults are better than disguising them behind walls of text.

>> No.18660131

>>18660099
>still trying to play samefag
Did you get banned from /fit/ or something?

>> No.18660135

>>18660069
>natural circumstances that warrant physical activity are no longer present
Construction work is no longer present? Farming? Woodcutting?

>> No.18660147

>>18660131
No, but I'm sure that if you yourself don't create another thread, you will turn up at any future threads like this one with your unending deflection and walls of text.

>> No.18660149
File: 18 KB, 639x475, 1602290310348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ctrl f
>senna
>0 results
shame on you
shame on every single one of you

>> No.18660153

Boasting in epic bread.

>> No.18660160

>>18660135
But OPs point is that modern farming and woodcutting are specialized activities, far detached from the natural, and unspecialized circumstances primitive man would have gone through.

>> No.18660164

>>18660149
>senna
Literally who?

>> No.18660192

>>18660160
Old people have gardens. Rural people cut their own wood. I dont get it.

>> No.18660216
File: 3.47 MB, 480x360, senna broken arms lifting trophy on the podium.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18660164
the greatest sportsman of all time and a mystic - further proof nobody in this thread has any idea what they are talking about

>Watkins advised him to quit the sport “what else do you need to do? You’ve been world champion three times. You are obviously the quickest driver. Give it up and let’s go fishing”. Senna replied: “Sid, there are certain things over which we have no control. I cannot quit, I have to go on.” They were the last words he spoke to the Englishman.

>> No.18660252

>this fitfags awareness
SAD

>> No.18660263

>>18660216
Jungerfag made an interesting racing post in the other thread.

>> No.18660264

>>18660216
And Peter Brock put hippy magic crystals in his race cars. So what?

>> No.18660291

>>18660216
>some huehue nigger adopts ascetic practices for a materialist end by winning in a modern secular racing "sport"
>dies
Serves him right.

>> No.18660294

>>18659948
Not what I meant.

>> No.18660300

>>18660291
Senna believed in God.

>> No.18660322

>>18660300
Showing your love and devotion to God by playing a sport is nonsensical when you look at it. Why not use that drive to feed the poor, teach children to read, or become a monk?

>> No.18660329

>>18660192
Tell that to OP

>> No.18660334

>>18660322
Why not read copius amounts of philosophy and jerk off about it instead?

>> No.18660342

>>18660300
Senna was God.

>> No.18660362

IP count is still 49 from the past 4 hours. Even this thing about senna is an old poster. This thread is artificially kept alive for this purpose >>18660080. I'm only now reading the rest of the conversation on top. OP (and maybe his buddies) are really mentally retarded. Their posts consist of:
1. Congratulating themselves on some of their previous posts
2. Deflecting replies to older posts
3. Veiled passive aggressive insults
4. Walls of snippets from some writer
They post a random reply to some old post or a another quote from some writer if the thread begins to sink. Fuck OP (and possibly his buddies).

>> No.18660381

>18660362
cringe retard with no awareness
>>18659672

>> No.18660394

>>18660362
Why lie?

>> No.18660402

>>18660381
More deflection.
You couldn't even make a coherent and concise set or arguments buddy, I had to do that for you.
But yeah this is a bait thread. By saying a lot of sophisticated sounding stuff, you create the ideal environment to deflect and insult ever poster who questions your particular philosophy. I doubt YOU have read any Plato, seeing as you can't even follow a line of argument without immediately posting irrelevant and insulting replies.

>> No.18660415

>>18660394
Why don't you for once stop projecting what you are doing onto others buddy? Even forming a simple set of arguments is a monumental task for you. And the reason you avoid giving your arguments plainly is because then there would be a quick resolution and this thread would die. You wouldn't get to do >>18660080.
But yeah the only fucking thing you have is "hey at least I'm traditional™ and spiritual© because I obsessively regurgitate a bunch of writers".

>> No.18660430

>>18660402
>>18660415
Isn't /fitlit/ supposed to be about improvement? Self control and shit like that

>> No.18660433

>>18660430
Doesn't reading esoteric traditional philosophy teach to to not engage in vain and masturbatory pursuits like what you are doing now, described in >>18660080?
And yet another insult without addressing the fucking point.

>> No.18660449

>>18660402
You must be like 400 lbs and so fucking obsessed with this because you finally lost 10/

>> No.18660460

>>18660264
>And Peter Brock put hippy magic crystals in his race cars. So what?
that's because his new-age doctor at the time just so happened to cure an illness he had, so he started believing in magic crystal crap
brock was simply a giga-boomer

>> No.18660475

>>18660449
More projection and deflection, because if your posts say anything, they say that YOU are a severely unfit person obsessed with justifying his own exact existence as being the best and in line with traditional™ and spiritual© principles because he regurgitates some writers.
And this reply is another insult, cause I you will never give a coherent and concise set of arguments without the verbiage and pretend moral superiority. You will never do that, because you are too invested in it to hear criticism without losing your shit and desperately want endless flowery discussion without a final resolution.

>> No.18660486

>>18660322
>Why not use that drive to feed the poor, teach children to read
...which is exactly what he did through his organisation, Instituto Ayrton Senna - he left over $400 million to that institute
>secular
he went beyond that and became what most would consider the god of racing
>"sport"
you absolute ignoramus
how in the hell can you enter a massive thread about matters of sport and put formula 1, arguably one of the most, if not the most, demanding sport on earth in quotation marks?
you godforsaken donkey
formula 1 drivers lose up to 5kg per race

him winning because he believed in god is lightyears ahead of those medieval maniac """""monks""""" who sat atop columns starving themselves or flogged their own backs in the name of god

off with you, your ignorance, your shit opinions and don't reply to me again you piece of coward shit

>> No.18660578

>>18658592
Ok, now look at the silver era

>> No.18660586

>>18658607
>Entirely baseless in history, European people have always had plant based diets.
Bait.

>>18658611
Ahahahahahahahah

>> No.18660595

>>18659672
>>18659568
How many of these are you going to post?

>> No.18660599

>>18660322
You clearly know nothing about him

>> No.18660603

>>18660334
Kek

>> No.18660678

>>18660603
Cringe samefag

>> No.18660772

>>18660131
Kek

>> No.18660969

>someone creates an argument against op
>OP replies with a long winded, hardly understandable answer
>Anon asks for clarification or provides refutation
>OP replies with an insult about 'fit' or 'gym monkeys' or something similar
Just kill this shit thread.

>> No.18661079

The most seething I 've ever seen on / lit/. good work OP.

>> No.18661203

>>18661079
>IP count still at 49

>> No.18661310

>>18660969
This guy