[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 199x296, pbuh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18626053 No.18626053 [Reply] [Original]

Who is Guenon? Why does he wear the mask?

>> No.18626066

>>18626053
>Who is Guenon?
most important thinker of entire 21st century
>Why does he wear the mask?
its his real face

>> No.18626313

>>18626053
Because Rene Guenon is but a symbol

>> No.18626557

Why does he hate the Rennaissance so much?

>> No.18626573

>>18626066
>most important thinker of entire 21st century
>21st century
Why am I not surprised that guenonfags are anachronistic retards

>> No.18627688

>>18626557
It reiterated the myopic tendencies of the intellectual traditions of Greece and Rome. Interestingly enough you could likely lift a similar view from Hegel's PS, viewing Greco-Roman thought as a cluster of tendencies that comprise a stage in consciousness just around if not prior to self-consciousness.

>> No.18627728

>>18626066
Metaphysics of the Infinitessimal Calculus is an incredibly practical book, despite the title.

>> No.18627741

>>18627688
>prior to self-consciousness.
This sort of thing strikes me as nonsensical, given we can see self-consciousness, if not verbal self-consciousness, in non-human primates. Just because there was no writing or more accurately, no surviving writing, from a time period, doesn't mean the people weren't linguistically complex or, as you're arguing, psychologically modern humans.
The thesis of the "bicameral" mind is absolutely not justifiable from a neurological point of view, as the corpus collusion is extant in fucking rodents.

>> No.18627775

>>18626053
>>>/x/

>> No.18627796

>>18627728
I need to read that, I heard about some parts of it though. From Reign of Quantity his view of math is interesting in that while it's realist wrt the natural numbers his view also integrates what a lot of people find compelling about views like intuitionism and constructivism, granted the hierarchical view is coming from another place.

>>18627741
I'm still reading Hegel's PS but I think the way he would justify it is that while the mind retains and accesses these higher functions the question is whether it is dealing with those things on their own terms as separate objects. For instance in his chapter on sense-certainty he talks about the general insight of the naturalistic philosophies is that nothing accessible through the senses is apparently lasting or real. The issue being that this goes against aspects of our sense experience and the logic of interacting with them and reasoning about them, and that the following question is how to develop a view of these prior views which really 'works'. Granted there are academically accepted arguments for there being all kinds of hidden clues in Plato to views beyond what is in the text, and that his writings are at least ironical if not outright disingenuous, but if there is more to Greco-Roman thought than the naturalistic and materialistic tendencies (which appear even in 'realist' or dualist' manifestations of Greco-Roman thought), people really have to resort to describing what isn't written down, i.e. things like the mysteries.

I don't know that Hegel, let alone Guenon, would argue for any kind of actual evolution or the opposite thereof across cultures or times, but that different cultures have different focuses and levels of focus seems relatively correct.

>> No.18628492

>>18626573
He is more important now than ever though

>> No.18628847
File: 111 KB, 329x470, 1617749330403.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18626053
>Who is Guenon?

Guenon, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Gue-----non: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Gue. Non. Pip pip pip. He was One, plain One, in the morning, standing four feet ten before his two foot face. He was Tao in robes. He was Parmenides at life. He was Zeno on the dotted line. But in my mind he was always Guenon. Did he have a precursor? He did, indeed he did. In point of fact, there might have been no Guenon at all had I not initiated, one summer, an initial retroactive initiation. In a doctrine by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Guenon was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, the Whiteheadians, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.

>> No.18628959

>>18628847
The sheer levels of cursed.

>> No.18628967

>>18626053
>Who is Guenon?
The great master of the 20th century
>Why does he wear the mask?
a lot of loyalty for a seething hylic

>> No.18629027
File: 149 KB, 609x480, 20210707_160429.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18626053
Guenonbros...

>> No.18629097

>>18629027
Truly, as the great master himself would have wanted, the different types of primates not intermixing like the castes wrongfully do in the kali yuga... it is only to be expected that in a monkey named after Rene Guenon (pbuh) one would find behavior that reflected the hierarchy of the cosmos

>> No.18629140
File: 61 KB, 500x700, monkey.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.18629153
File: 28 KB, 300x533, 1600272205596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The shadows grew deep as the sun set over the warm Cairo market, the smell of hookah smoke, spices and camel dung wafting through the palm trees and fires roasting animals over the ponds and fields into the windows of incense-scented humble dwellings furnished with luxurious carpets and plants. Contortionists, soldiers, catamites, madmen, beggars, saints, students, slaves, dancers, assassins and bureaucrats teemed throughout the evening tinged with electric air that hummed with cicadas. Rene Guénon exhaled a cloud of opium smoke and gazed across the room at his ever-expanding collection of Sanskrit literature. His young wife entered into the room through the bead doorway.

She dropped her robe to reveal intricate henna tattoos covering her lithe nude body. She walked over to the low couch he was laying on and straddled him. Rene gradually emerged out of nididhyāsana back down to the baseline state of constant samadhi that he had been in for the past 8 years. It was time for the non-volitional and divine līlā of the Supreme Being to dance forth in ecstatic bliss. Sakti sought union with her dear Shiva. She masterbated him as he sucked on her perky tits. Guenon lay back and Sakti mounted her Lord. Bliss shined like sunlight from the One illuminating them both. Adam and Even were one in Paradise again, the mutual embodiment of al-Insān al-Kāmil and all his wives. The primordial state revealed itself as having existed all along. Rene become the All. Being and becoming simultaneously disappeared and the perfect bliss entered into itself. God shone forth in eternal plenitude, hypererotic sexual union experienced as tranquil observer. Brass windchimes singing an enchanting harmony in the breeze.

Rene began to feel energy rising through his chakras, he immediately concentrated his third eye and clenched the subtle nerve running from the tip of the penis to the bottom of the spine. His time spent training in the Parisian suberbs with master Ho Shi-Quan had paid off. He reversed ejaculated into his chakras, Qi energy poured fourth into his body. Rene and his wife both went into a ten minute long trance accompanied by a perpetual dry orgasm. Purusha melded into Prakriti, both giving way to the Tao. Rene entered into a state of fanāʾ; the la petite mort a ritual reenactment of Prajapati's atmayajñá. The evening call to prayer was calmly sounded from by a muezzin from the minaret of a nearby mosque. The stars twinkled over the cold night as cheetahs chased hares over grassy dunes overlooking the nile, men pissing on fires, reading texts by candlelight. Cotton and silk, anise, heavy eyeliner, garlic breath hidden with rose water, tall tales, secret meetings of initiations and schemes.

>> No.18629164

>>18629097
Well played desu

>> No.18629180

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Rene Guenon? This is Rene Guenon speaking.
I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you.
You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

>> No.18629190
File: 944 KB, 960x720, 1623528707205.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18626053

Hylics seethin.........
Brothers memein....while we dreamin.... Of a season....where reason.....is diesel....for a vehicle.....that we needin.....to fight treason.....stop it breathin.....best be believin.....what we meanin....when we postin bout the gnosis.....
Hylics can't help but ghost us....cos they knows us.....to be soldiers.....
That'll roast yuh.....roll ya up like a postuh......make ya feel like we own ya......make ya mom get a boner... Yeah she moanin...
But we goin.......toward knowin....what Guenon was showin...
Before...we was Ronin's....didn't know where we was goin.....we was Rollin....like the stone did......fo Guenon done did throw it....to the skies whey the birds is.....whey they angels...whey they souls is......we home now...welcome home bitch

>> No.18629221

>>18626053
Guenon, more like gay, non?