[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 771 KB, 1668x2560, teitelbaum_war_for_eternity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18045285 No.18045285 [Reply] [Original]

Why is traditionalism being picked up as a new boogeyman when it's a niche within a niche? Who the fuck cares about Guénon and Evola outside 4chan?

>> No.18045299

>>18045285
Is traditionalism gonna be the next fascism and get slapped on everything? I found some medium account by a Marxoid and 90% of his articles were whining about some fascist spectre. Hard to describe how ridiculous it was.

>> No.18045322

>>18045299
I think it's just going to be waved around as the new "weird thing by bad people" instead of becoming the new fascism, but I don't really understand why they chose traditionalism of all weirdo cliques within the non-mainstream right when it's such a minor meme on a meme website. Maybe I'm just not in touch with the /pol/verse but traditionalism seems like a pretty minor part of the "fascist" constellation.

>> No.18045325

>>18045285
Have you actually read the book you just posted? I sincerely doubt anyone here is an unironic neoconservative like Teitelbaum

>> No.18045344

>>18045285
>Traditionalism
>Populism
Lol even the title refuted itself

>> No.18045351

>>18045285
>Who the fuck cares about Guénon and Evola outside 4chan
There is something like 3 people on 4chan who give a fuck about either of them. Participating in a cicrlejerk might make you feel like you have friends, suddenly, but consider that it is a tiny one compared to BBC or trap simps. You are about on the level of the one loser constantly shilling Nassim Taleb.

>> No.18045387

just to start off, consider the following: when humans live generation after generation they accumulate wisdom about life, eventually that wisdom takes form in social norms, moral values etc. now more generations past, lives come and go, and these social norms and values become a sort of inherent presence in society and no one can really point to a concrete explanation for them, and time once again goes on, but now more and more people see these values and norms as being some sort of arbitrary abstraction with no material basis that is pointlessly limiting their potential, and eventually these norms and values are deconstructed, and now once again the society in question is thrown right back to where it was originally, and time passes, and society degrades like a marble statue suddenly melting away as the forces holding it together are no longer acting on it, and we are all forced to learn the same harsh lessons our ancestors did, and accumulate that wisdom all over again from our mistakes

now, oddly specific people like Guénon and Evola and their niche philosophies dont really play a major part in this realistically, they are just a symptom of what is happening, which is that we are at a point in time where we long ago now hit that point where we began casting off the shackles of those old social norms and moral values, and we are hitting rock bottom as a people because of it, our fundamental lifestyles are hitting a point where they are absolutely toxic and literally poisoning and killing us and destroying the very planet we life on, and people are beginning to hit that point where our collective experiences are starting to teach us that the values we let go of were not in fact arbitrary and were in fact grounded in material reality with real tangible value to society, and this is where the conflict comes in, as other people want to continue their rejection of those healthy functional values and continue their mental and physical downward spiral, or are just afraid of change because it would be extremely difficult to just upend your whole lifestyle that fueled by a plethora of physical and mental dependancies. being forced to face the impulses that dominate their lives becomes the great fear, and those who would push them to better themselves are the great villains, hence why they are the boogie man

now returning to Guénon and Evola, as i said its only an off chance symptom, people in the camp of more traditional values search for literature to explore and reaffirm their beliefs and are pointed in the direction of those writers, who are obviously i think significantly more niche than what those people where looking for, but none the less, they are thus dragged into the zeitgeist

>> No.18045436

News need their boogeyman. Most people calling themselves trads these days are more nationalists or identitarians anyway.

>> No.18045536

what's the goal of bureaucracy? to expand
what's the goal of glowies? to increase their budgets

To link Guenon to mass murder is an insane stretch but they still make it work because:

Guenon -> Evola -> neo-fascist terror in 70s Italy
Guenon -> Islam -> ISIS!
Guenon -> Islam -> antisemitism!

I've said it a million times before but you'll notice at certain times of the day particular threads with keywords and images will be spammed here simultaneously for the sake of the impression a screenshot would make when shown during a presentation to a boomer higher up at the intelligence agency: so at the top of the /lit/ catalog you'll see: Evola thread, ISIS thread, Osama Bin Laden thread, Heckin Based Ted K thread. Scary stuff, right! Books like the one in OP are created to provide the justification for expanding glowie budgets, simple as.

>> No.18045545

>>18045322
Pretty popular in my muzzie neighbourhood

>> No.18045598

>>18045285
Why they drag poor little Evol into this?

>> No.18045754

>>18045285
For many of these researchers, I think it serves their need to rebel against religion in a society which is now almost entirely secular aside aside from groups protected from deconstruction by virtue of their ethnicity (i.e. to attack a Sudanese Muslim expressing the same values as Guenon would also be 'fascist').

The disassembly of any doctrine which could provide transcendence being the palliative for the lack of it in the life of the modern intellectual who is clever enough to see through the dogma of exoteric religion but finds only aridity in its absence.

>Who the fuck cares about Guénon and Evola outside 4chan?
Crucially, Steve Bannon. And Steve Bannon won, at least temporarily, which they cannot stand. Those interests of his which can't be spun as fascism therefore have to presented as eccentric quirks - 'he was into Gurdjieff, lol!'. This is standard practice.

>>18045387
Crab mentality on the civilisational level?

>> No.18045797

Have you read the book in the OP? It struck me as fairly sympathetic if anything.

Anyways Guénon is popular in Islamic circles. Probably it's picked up as a way to scaremonger about Muslims without outright alienating Muslims. People can take all the opinions the average Muslim has, attribute it to 'ebil neofascist white incels', and suddenly it becomes socially acceptable to push for laws banning these books and harassing people who fail to be sufficiently enthusiastic for globohomo. >>18045536 is also true to an extent.

>> No.18045802

>>18045285
Because traditionalism is inherently anti-humanist

>> No.18045841

>>18045285
How come Jews don’t write books called Zionism Wars for Eternity? I mean this is the live and actual world we live in.

>> No.18045848

>>18045285
Old bad, war bad. New good.

These people really are complete idiots.

>> No.18045852

>>18045802
It's not anti-humanist, it's just not humanist.

>> No.18045866

I don't think it is a new thing at all. The book strikes me as in the vein of any number of those books with titles like "What The Trump Just Happened" that acted as a kind of physical spam upon entering any bookstore over the last 5 years. The difference being that it explored some niche areas.

If Trump was still in office it might have played some part in forming current and near future discourse, but it turns out it was written for a timeline that didn't happen.

>> No.18045879

I'm considering reading this, but if I buy it and then it turns out the author has barely read any of the authors' actual writings themselves, and only secondary sources making absurd claims about what they "really" thought (see wikipedia), it will really irritate me. Thus, I don't believe I will bother reading it unless someone can tell me otherwise.

>> No.18045897

>>18045879
here's the author's interview with Glenn Beck from last month
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7ou_0QEgv0

>> No.18045899

>>18045285
>Benjamin R. Titelbaum
Every single time

>> No.18045937

>>18045897
Glenn Beck is nobody these days, and I am sure the guy isn't just going to not promote his book. But I am certain it was written for different conditions than we find ourselves in. But, if Traditionalism does see a mainstream push back it makes me wonder about Guenonfag, if he/them were more than a simple loner schizoposting his favourite writer. If this has been in the works for a while could they have been a part?

>> No.18045938

>>18045897
Why do people talking about the problem of "truth" in recent years never touch postmodernism? They act like traditionalists or the big bad right wing are the ones responsible for the promotion of subjectivism and relativism. All of this havoc to do with Trump is, if anything, a result of mid-20th century French philosophy.

>> No.18045962

A lot of people who write books like these are funded by various "open society", "anti-hate" NGOs that are stuffed to the gills with money and need an excuse to spend it. They claim to observe and document society but in fact play a powerful and under examined role in shaping it.

>> No.18045985

*sinister music plays*
Tittybalm : These Traditionalists are Hindus, Muslims, some are even Christian
Beck *astonished*: R-r-really?
Tittybalm: Yes. But typically Russian Orthodox and... *the music cuts off* CATHOLIC

*In a panic Beck's terrified audience immediately donate their Wal Mart paychecks to Israel*

>> No.18046020

>>18045938
Liberals are, have always been, soft-positivists. They are fundamentally technocratic, empirical, rationalist. Post-Modernism is considered embarrassing by them and they always held it facing away from themselves when they indulged it. They don't create but they do instrumentalize the work of others. Post-Modernism was useful for dismantling parts of culture that impeded maximizing capital. They can't allow its heuristics to be used against themselves, but it is allowed to exist to the extent that it dissolves traditional conceptions of the human being, allowing them to open a new horizon of consumers to profit off of, this being Transhumanism. Transgenderism is the first major push for this, and so a deconstruction of gender was a necessary precursor.

>> No.18046043

>>18046020
Yeah, that basically mirrors my thoughts on it, too. It's just odd (although I guess not if you consider that there is a "motive" behind everything that is published or televised) that there is no one who has linked the basic conclusions of postmodernism to everything that's happened in recent years, and that people have been so quick to blame the right wing for (as if there were no philosophical precedent for the thought that has emerged in recent years, however chaotic or simple that thought might be).

>> No.18046055

>>18045322
>but traditionalism seems like a pretty minor part of the "fascist" constellation.
This is the most retarded take I have ever seen on this board.
Literally Traditionalism is probably the most important pillar of Fascism
Literally, the entire /pol/ movement consists of returning to Tradition, Returning to Nature and the Founding principles of a Nation
What's Fascism without Traditionalism? Literally nothing
The entire movement is about that. The most hated term on /pol/ is the so called "Progress", look at the modern state of the world, everybody hates that
On the other hand, everybody want to go to the united states in the 60's and 70's, when it was all white, people had decent wages and capitalism benifited the people
Instead of that we got progressivism which is literally getting millions of immigrants, promoting degenerate decadence such as gay marriage and trans agenda, and even now is going further to attack children and the pillars of the nuclear family
Fascism or the Modern /pol/ Movement is about Returning to Tradition. Period

>> No.18046062

>>18046055
>Returning to Nature and the Founding principles of a Nation
This is not Traditionalism. Please educate yourself, I'm not even angry with you. Traditionalism has a very specific meaning.

>> No.18046103

>>18046055
You know nothing about Traditionalism, as in The Traditionalist School, which the book OP posted about.
Secondly you don't know anything about the radical Anti-Traditionalism of the Italian Fascists who overlapped with the Futurist movement.

Just over all a really ignorant post on your part, informed only by third-hand memes you have seen.

>> No.18046105

>>18046055
>Literally Traditionalism is probably the most important pillar of Fascism
The Traditionalists (Guenon, Schuon, Evola et al) define Tradition completely different from it's colloquial usage. It has nothing to do with politics.

>> No.18046146

>>18045285
If I ever write a novel I'm going to add an Evola-like character who lives in some dark, secluded castle that is perpetually in the midst of a thunderstorm, talks only in edgy aphorisms, and never talks to any other character face-to-face because he only considers them worthy of facing his back.

>> No.18046157

>>18046146
I've never actually read his books. Is this what he's like?

>> No.18046231

>>18046157
No. He liked to have friends over for tea. His gf was a satanic sex witch tho.

>> No.18046379

>>18045897
He seems quite intelligent and good faith, I might check the book out. Thanks.

>> No.18046482

>>18046146
this is Aglie from "Foucault's Pendulum"

>> No.18046499

>>18046055
The 60s and 70s are the peak of modernity, lol. Traditionalists look towards the Romans.

>> No.18046524

>>18046055
>futurist movements are traditionalist
Ok, retard.

>> No.18046526

>>18046055
>This is the most retarded take I have ever seen on this board.

He's right. What Guenon means by "Tradition" is actually "crypto-Buddhist metaphysics of Shankara." He does believe in hierarchy but politics is not fundamentally his concern and he personally advocated against involvement in politics, even in anti-colonialist movements.

Guenon thinks once the crypto-Buddhist metaphysics is properly understood by spiritual elites (who will appear as completely average and humble people) who will then transmit this knowledge in an esoteric network of initiation, then all of society will order itself naturally.

>> No.18046586

>>18045545
That's interesting. I haven't come across any Muslims studying the Traditionalists aside from Sufi intellectuals. Can you tell us any more about your neighborhood? Which Traditionalist writers are most popular?

>> No.18046587

>>18045285
>teitelbaum

>> No.18046595

>>18046146
Joscelyn Godwin wrote a novel based on Evola that isn't a million miles away from this.

>> No.18046651

>>18045985
lol

>> No.18046673

Guenon and Evola have jumped the shark. Traditionalism isn't interesting anymore, not even if Steve Bannon knows the titles of their books.

Teitelbaum is trying to cash in while he can.

>> No.18046730

>>18045285
Nobody

>> No.18046743

>>18045344
Thread should have ended here.

>> No.18046752

>>18045754
>aside from groups protected from deconstruction by virtue of their ethnicity (i.e. to attack a Sudanese Muslim expressing the same values as Guenon would also be 'fascist')
They won't attack them directly, but they will engage in fake paternalism. "These poor people don't know any better, because they are still suffering the effects of colonization." "Underprivileged people turn to fascists for answers, because we failed to educate them." Et cetera, ad nauseam (literally).
They want the moral high ground of the white man's burden, but none of the responsibility.
>Crab mentality on the civilisational level?
I suspect if may be worse than that. You're right, of course, about the accumulated lessons of tradition, but the modern materialist drags HIMSELF down, even when offered a helping hand out of the bucket.
I would compare it to a child mentality. Specifically that age when you no longer want to obey authority, but haven't learned to regulate your own behavior. Any attempt to explain why going to bed on time is important will only strengthen the child's resolve to stay up late. Only when he's been laughed at for falling asleep in class will he know you were right all along.
The modern materialist has the same reaction to Tradition. The more you try to show him what works (natural law), the stronger is his resolve to do the opposite.

>> No.18046867

>>18046062
Other anon spelled it with a capital T. He does know the difference, but is choosing to ignore it.

>> No.18046917

>>18045879
It's a decent book. The author is an ethnomusicologist who actually shadowed Banon for a while. It has a lot of weird redpills like the Charlottesville riots being orchestrated by backwater. It's doesn't portray traditionalism in a bad light at all, just looks at some of the more influential proponents of it who have achieved political power.

>> No.18046925

>>18045285
Because the Devil cannot tolerate any resistance.

>> No.18046994

>>18045285
You can't be serious.

>> No.18047556

>>18046994
Let’s promise each other to stay off of /lit/ from now on. It is obvious that everyone here is retarded.

>> No.18047569

>>18045285
It’s because Steve Bannon mentioned Evola a single time in an email and Steve Bannon is an evil fascisterino. You seem to have not yet gotten the memo that the political status quo of this epoch is relentlessly sniffing out and stamping out “fascism” and “Nazism” wherever it can be found.

>> No.18047786

>>18045897
Thanks anon. Good to know how they see it.

>> No.18047928

>>18046595
whats it called?

>> No.18047958

>>18047928
"The Forbidden Book"

>> No.18047968

>>18045285
Read the book. A surprisingly large number of people

>> No.18048063

>>18047968
reminder that there's a 1000+ page book published in France about Guenon's influence.

>> No.18048086
File: 337 KB, 1022x366, 534095348759834759834.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045536
>I've said it a million times before but you'll notice at certain times of the day particular threads with keywords and images will be spammed here simultaneously for the sake of the impression a screenshot would make when shown during a presentation to a boomer higher up at the intelligence agency
I've seen this at leftypol too but it takes a slightly different form and it happens usually sometime around the start of the working day on the east coast in the U.S., and it can often include extremist or insurrectionary stuff. Here's a recent one with some negative / bad faith propaganda attacking the website The Grayzone (a left-wing anti-imperialist website) with a weird Photoshop that I've heard is apparently reminiscent of anti-Putin threads on /pol/ (which I don't read). It's very creepy.

>> No.18048091

>>18045802
>muh humanism

Yikes.

>> No.18048167
File: 168 KB, 752x269, 5834098534590834.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18048086
Here's another one from the China thread, which is one of the more popular threads there. Right after the start of the working day, Agent Johnson logs into his computer and just posts a video of the xtreme 3fast4u U.S. military rifle that punches through body armor. "I dunno bros..."

https://youtu.be/maAFcEU6atk

>> No.18048187

>>18045285
I don't know. Fucking capitalist media needs constant fodder to keep the ratings up I guess. I think Evola and Guenon are interesting thinkers personally (I like the mysic side of theirs, not something you usually run into).

>> No.18048975
File: 845 KB, 711x773, 183A737FEAE94E66B6CEF9B678C1A95C.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18046055
>Traditionalism
>60s and 70s America

>> No.18049052
File: 23 KB, 820x1252, 1614990146464.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

these twitter nu-journalist people dig around in our stupid little website to see what we like so they can shit on it. so they can drag some mysterious obscurity out of a dangerous abyss and mutually award each other points for demonizing it.

the figures on that cover- dugin, bannon, evola, guenon- I can name all of them because I belong to this website. I'm not an intellectual, I'm not a student of traditionalism, I'm not a student at all, by all accounts I shouldn't have a clue who they are. I'm a fucking loser who's been here since he was 14 because internet socialization is less scary than the real life alternative.

people just create narratives out of nothing. "niches within niches" will always be popular on this site and subcultures similar to it because that's just the nature of this place and of the type it attracts: outsiders who sulk inwards and take refuge in niche interests.

>> No.18049234

>>18046055
Please, for the love of god, read a book instead of getting all your information from /pol/ threads

>> No.18049403

>>18046055
Silly anon, guenon and evola are capital T Traditionalism.

>> No.18049439

>>18046055
You are retarded and don't even understand a meme ideology

>> No.18049531

People who complain about Guenon, Evola, etc are just triggered or were they filtered hard while reading them?

>> No.18049569

>>18045285
((Benjamin R. Teitelbaum))
>>18049531
Both

>> No.18049636

>>18045322
Stever Bannon mentioned both Evola and Guenon as influential thinkers and ever since at one side their popularity has risen and on the other you have stupid shit like wikipedia trannies mutilating Evola's page etc.

Now since this is a book by some kind of academic it's more troubling, because in all likelyhood, since he's specialised in some kind of musical topics rather than philosophy/obscure esotericism, he has gotten a grant from private institution(probably some kind of foundation) for the purpose of researching this stuff and writing some kind of critique of it with the purpose of tying it to something that is considered to be explicitly illegal or evil. His academic "opinion" will later be used to leverage bans for the books and deplatforming for people who reference them in any way other than purely negative.

It's classic case of an elite agent paying for "scientist" to produce work that will be used to convince other elite agents about his opinions on the thing the work describes.

>> No.18049667

>>18049636
He’s an ethnographer, and while his specialty is ethnomusicology, he headed the department of Nordic Studies at the University of Colorado, Boulder for some time. He has done a lot of work on the Scandinavian far-right and presumably knew about niche far-right figures like Evola, Guenon, and even Devi for some time, longer than most tradlarpers on here probably (including you).

>> No.18049683

>>18049667
I see, that being said my point still stands.

>> No.18049832

>>18046055
I stopped reading after the third "literally"

>> No.18049915

>>18049636
I don't mind desu. Traditionalism was always meant to be an elite perspective. If you're not actively seeking if out, then it's probably not for you. Deplatforming will only keep away the people who would get nothing out of if.

>> No.18050324

>>18049915
This, I’d been seeking something like traditionalism my whole life when I found it a few years ago. Just like with Spengler, I’m pleasantly surprised it’s become popular on this website but it will always be an extreme niche phenomenon

>> No.18050421

>>18049636
You haven't read the book. Stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about.

>> No.18050457

>>18045344
Maybe there should be a new word for the sort of traditionalism we see? NuTradiationalism? Progressive Traditionalism? LARP Traditionalism? It reminds me of the "traditionalist" movement in South Korea where people forgo western clothes for traditional Korean clothing. They all dress like they are court nobility despite none of them having a drop of noble blood in their veins. It's some sort of modern desire to go back, but not really so they just wear the outward trappings without any of the underlying mechanisms. See Trad Thots in the west.

>> No.18050473

>>18050457
The distinction was already made by the Traditionalists, Traditionalism vs traditionalism
Alternatively call it conservatism

>> No.18050505

>>18050473
I guess conservatism works. There was an article where they polled a bunch of self proclaimed conservatives and asked them what they mean by Make America Great Again. To sort of pinpoint a date and the most common answer was the 50's and would mention shows like Leave it to Beaver.

>> No.18051303

>>18045285

its my mission to make sure everyone does

>> No.18051321

>>18049667
>ethnomusicology
Fucking lol

>> No.18051340

>Why is traditionalism being picked up as a new boogeyman when it's a niche within a niche?
People see the word traditionalism and think it means the 1920s or some shit.

>> No.18051342

>>18051303
Better learn some proper grammar first then because you know the only kinds of people you'll attract with bad grammar are people who don't care about grammar.

>> No.18051358

>>18046055
Top level bait

>> No.18051670

>>18045299
Yes

>> No.18052260
File: 875 KB, 1741x1900, despair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's when you've read a book a thread is supposedly about that you realise how terrible lit really is, just a bunch of guesswork by people fencing with their own demons.

>> No.18052515

>>18045285
>(((Teitelbaum)))
There's your answer. Anyways, if they mention any of our memes, then that means those memes are successful, yet also weak enough that they'll willing to give us free advertising.

>> No.18052519

>>18052260
Most people in this thread admitted they haven't read the book retard. Maybe try bringing up some discussion about it to get people interested instead of being a pretentious faggot.

>> No.18052529

>>18049667
Seethe harder, Titelbaum.

>> No.18052530

>>18049667
>tradlarper
>you don't have a PhD in that so your interest isn't legitimate, but this random Jew has a license so his retarded biased opinion piece is objectively correct

>> No.18052543

>>18052515
>they'll willing
Help. My mental state is deteriorating. I don't understand what's going on.

>> No.18052576

>>18046055
This smells like a false flag post. Or maybe it's just mere bait.

>> No.18052628

>>18052519
Ah yes, having read a book is the peak of pretension on /lit/.

>> No.18052645

>>18052628
Making pretentious statements with no actual content is peak pretension.

>> No.18052662
File: 933 KB, 500x373, CriminalAptAzurevase-small.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18052645
>Making pretentious statements with no actual content is peak pretension.

>> No.18052687

>>18045285
>Teitelbaum

>> No.18052914

>>18045285
Dugin, for one.

>> No.18053041

>>18052530
He did spend several years shadowing various influential political thinkers.
For all the inane whining /litpol/ is doing ITT none of them have actually read the book. Idk how this board sees a book sympathetic to radical right wing thought, written by a professor of Nordic studies, who also spent years hanging out with neo-nazi bands in Europe, and declares that it's a jewish hit piece. It's obvious that none of you morons actually read the books you talk about.

>> No.18053067
File: 52 KB, 683x899, Jmaistre.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does De Maistre come up in this book? He's the only "traditionalist" writer I actually care about, since he's the only one who actually has any interest in the actual, legitimate traditions of his place and time. Evola, Guenon, all these assholes are just fucking new-age hippies with a right-wing coat of paint. They all hated the aristocracy and they hated the Church and they wanted to be magicians and Sufis all so much else loopy bullshit. Not traditional at all. Not for Europeans, at least.

>> No.18053088

>>18053041
If anything Titelbaum strikes me as the kind of academic who's secretly extremely right wing, but hides it under a guise of neutrality in order to keep his job. He spends several chapters gushing about how much fun he had talking about Evola and co. with Banon, and how he was able to use his contacts in various European neo-fascist circles to get close to Dugin, and if you can read between the lines even a little bit it should be obvious none of these people would open up to him the way they do if he didn't come off as supportive of their movements.

He also makes Traditionalism sound like a jet-setting movement of womanizing king-makers using their esoteric knowledge of Buddhism and Sufi Islam to shape world history, which is frankly a lot more badass than the more likely truth that these people are just court philosophers for outsider politicians looking to appear sympathetic and wise.

People should read the book before giving stupid opinions like >>18049052.

>> No.18053197

>>18050505
Sauce?

>> No.18053246

>>18052530
He isn't even an expert in the field he is researching though. His 'licence' is just his media contacts, like a lot of public intellectuals.

>> No.18053296

>>18045299
Fascism will be the new fascism.
But thanks to the internet this time it will win.

>> No.18053303

>>18045322
lol
leftists mad that the fascist sicrit club will become more popular that their gay marxist-bolshevik sicrit club

LMAO

>> No.18053319

>>18053088
I suspect a lot of people who research the 'evil far-right underground' are secretly drawn to it, the same way one gets seduced by a really well written villain.
The far-left may be an equal threat to liberal democracy in real terms, but it has no aesthetic appeal and its leaders are boring fat nerds. The far-right, on the other hand, has the aura of a 'dangerous other'. It's like the vampire in the castle, promising to take you out of your dull existence if you just submit and go along for the ride.

>> No.18053358

>>18053319
Maybe he is not totally on board with this stuff, but when someone puts all the time and effort required to carve a spot on academia in Nordic Studies of all fields then you know he isn't totally inmune to the appeal.
Plus someone well read enough in Traditionalism knows that even if it can seem wacky at first, there are strong evidences that some of it's core points are true, there is no other way around this.

>> No.18053368

>>18053296
Most internet users are only using heavily censored platforms. Those that are not censored are full of shills and iridescent African Americans. The only reason we can have this conversation so easily is because we're on a slow board.
I don't personally think fascism will work well in our time, but if you want to try I would recommend a more low-tech recruiting method. A dozen men who know each other well and are willing to put in work are better than a hundred /pol/acks. Once you have chapters in multiple areas, then you can coordinate on your own encrypted IRC.

>> No.18053386

>>18053303
The only reason straight men ever join a Marxist group is the women are all degenerate sluts.

>> No.18053425

It's really sad that the entire motivation for wanting to take Evola down, stems not from his main notable works (Revolt and Ride), but from Men among the Ruins, where he discusses the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and states that while there's certainly doubt about their authenticity, there's no doubt about how they match up with reality.
And even the most leftist, ardent anti-fascist (who ignores Evola was practically apolitical and legally cleared of all charges saying otherwise), has to wonder why an obscure aristocrat who was largely only read in new-age occult circles for the better part of 50 years in the English-speaking world suddenly needs to be tackled relentlessly on an Anime imageboard's literature board.
Not to mention the obvious Jewish author writing this. I mean, surely you can see that they are emotionally and politically invested in this beyond the actual relevance of Evola himself?

>> No.18053450

>>18049052
absolutely soulless take, no suprise ur also a homosexual

>> No.18053456

>>18053425
This

>> No.18053527

>>18053067
>they all hated the aristocracy
Evola was literally a baron of the Kingdom of Italy.

>> No.18053536

>>18045285
Perennialism is perfect for a sissified age when truth can no longer be considered discriminatory.

>> No.18053578

>>18053067
>Does De Maistre come up in this book?
He doesn't, no.

>> No.18053618

>>18053425
Ressentiment

>> No.18053700

>>18053578
Oh, so it's a meme book and I can safely ignore it, then.

>> No.18053706

>>18053067
have you heard of "reactionary"?

>> No.18053715

>>18045285
>Why is traditionalism being picked up as a new boogeyman when it's a niche within a niche?

Same reason incel became an insult instead of a word a group of people use to describe themselves, the public needs an enemy, and the more obscure and powerless the enemy *in fact* is, the better. Liberal society constantly needs a new public enemy to keep itself politically stable.

>> No.18053733
File: 50 KB, 700x500, 1617799294679.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045285
>Teitelbaum
i dont wanna see this anymore. I wanna go back into the matrix.
Also, check out his resume:
https://www.colorado.edu/music/benjamin-r-teitelbaum

>> No.18053760

>>18053715
>Liberal society constantly needs a new public enemy to keep itself politically stable.

Is this their solution to the Schmittian problem of depoliticized societies being wiped away by political entities? I guess rerouting the political to non-threatening avenues might be easier and smarter than trying to stamp it out altogether.

>> No.18053772

>>18053706
I know De Maistre is more accurately classified as a reactionary than a "traditionalist." The trouble is that he is often lumped in with Evola and the others, despite his dissimilarity to the rest of them.

>> No.18053776

>>18053733
Every. single. time.
And that resume reads like a parody on the jewish subversive intellectual lmao but no, it's rael

>> No.18053798

>>18053067
>They all hated the aristocracy
No they didn’t
>and they hated the Church
No, Evola may have, Guenon was lukewarm on it
>and they wanted to be magicians and Sufis all so much else loopy bullshit
De Maistre was also fascinated with mysticism too, it’s a sign of the sad state of our times that you would denigrate people seeking a deeper approach to religion as ‘loopy’, it speaks to your facile understanding of the subject

>> No.18053799

>>18053772
You literally brought him up, and you seem disappointed that he’s not mentioned in the book.
Go away, you’re not talking about Traditionalist with a capital T, and it sounds like you’ve got an irrelevant bone to pick.

>> No.18053801
File: 46 KB, 492x492, 1537300084713.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045797
>Have you read the book in the OP? It struck me as fairly sympathetic if anything.
Given how his resume is this>>18053733 im not going to assume its balanced rather than alarmist, and the title is off-putting.
But since youve read it, can you give a more in-depth review about it? Im willing to buy it (or at least read it) if its actually worth reading.

>> No.18053829

>>18053536
Isn't Perennialism discriminatory? Not every belief system is considered Traditional. Some are considered Cthonic.

>> No.18053838

>>18053829
Yes, that's what he meant

>> No.18053840

>>18053829
The perennialism of the Traditionalist school is discriminatory, general new-age perennialism is generally not

>> No.18053852

>>18053358
Yeah, somehow I find it really hard to believe that a professor of Nordic studies who has spent years of his professional life hanging around skinhead bands is a hardcore social justice warrior.

>> No.18053890

>>18053760
I could see that with incels or NEETs, but some of the people they target are the most productive members of society. Conservative Christians, small business owners, straight white men in general, etc. They even went after a NASA scientist for wearing a 'sexist' shirt (which, it turns out, was made as a gift for him by a woman).
They create their own opposition when they do this. All they had to do was leave regular people alone and there would be no extreme right wing. It would still just be a few dozen stormfags reading The Turner Diaries and dreaming of a race war.
They just couldn't do it though. The one thing they cannot ever do is leave other people alone. I'm starting to suspect there is a literal genetic subset of the Puritan WASP/Ashkenazi population who are compelled to shit on their neighbors the way a bird is compelled to migrate.

>> No.18053910

they're scared because they know that the eventuality is a western version of the taliban

>> No.18053922

>>18053829
What beliefs or religions are considered Cthonic in Perennialism? I'm genuinely curious.

>> No.18053935

>>18053772
Not him, but I suspect that Reaction and Traditionalism would converge if you take them to their natural conclusions. If you follow HHH's understanding of natural law economics, for example, you end up with a kind of feudal monarchy bound by a High-Tory style covenant of duties. He also acknowledges that religious unity would be required to make it work, so orthodoxy would be a key factor.

>> No.18053945

>>18053922
Shamanism, earth worship, mother cults, probably more but its been a while since ive read guenon

>> No.18053948

>>18053890
It always "perplexed" me, if I may be so cheeky, how the methodology that is often used to explain phenomena by way of analyzing the factors that the researchers perceive to be the roots of these phenomena ("criminals do crime because of their milieu, not because of any predilection towards violence being a thing") is completely reversed when it's time to talk about the TRULY icky people. Right-wing extremism just appears out of thin air, by way of diabolic heresiarchs spreading their satanic gospel among the intellectually impaired and the crypto-criminal elements of society, rather than being the end result of the breakdown and atomization of society, of importing millions of 80 IQ arabs and niggers, of economical stagnation and cultural degeneration, etc.

It's when you're not allowed to inquire about the factors giving rise to particular phenomena that you know you're treading where - some people - don't want you to tread.

>> No.18053949

>>18045285
>2021
>people still conflate the Traditionalism of the Perennial Philosophy with the tradition of conservatism and reaction

>> No.18053950

>>18053829
Barely. If Christianity Islam Buddhism Hinduism Judaism Jainism etc etc are all muh based and true perennialism then it is clear that perennialists are not concerned with truth. muh 12 false new age hippies doing mushrooms doesn't change that

>> No.18053960

>>18053910
Literally the opposite of Taliban. It's western new age but only established religions are allowed which means it's not new age because it's not cringe.

>> No.18053969

>>18053950
Traditionalists all secretly hate jews and hate religions other than their own but try to seek compromise to fight against modernity

>> No.18053973

>>18053922
>>18053945
Most "animistic" beliefs. Most perennialists seem to hold the Abrahamic, Indo-European and Oriental religions as non-chthonic, but not all agree with one another.

>> No.18053976

>>18053798
I wonder if people who mock mysticism have ever sat still for half an hour and meditated? Don't get me wrong, I think most of /x/ are just smoking too much weed, but there's no harm in actually trying things to see if they work.

>> No.18053989
File: 839 KB, 1284x943, cult of the supreme being.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18053960
you act as if there were never attempts to form a new major religion within the last couple of centuries

>> No.18053990

>>18053976
meditation without God is just self-indulgence

>> No.18053994

>>18053969
kek surprisingly accurate

>> No.18054015
File: 60 KB, 410x603, F030F983-8A0B-41BD-B903-D61EE3F3F705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18053950
>Buddhism
>Jainism
retroactively refuted by Sri Shankaracharya (pbuh)

>> No.18054021

>>18053989
Unironically more based and honest than perennialism.

>> No.18054044

>>18053948
They kind of try a similar thing with the low-class members. "Poor, uneducated people look for answers in the far-right because they don't know any better." When it comes to the intellectual leaders, though, they have to be portrayed as pure evil. Ironically, this actually gives them a kind of seductive appeal.

>> No.18054046
File: 68 KB, 480x640, 1589450406119.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045285
Because Traditionalism spoken in their sense is quintessantially European in the sense that I think Geunon and Evola were picking up the pieces of destroyed Western mysticism in a society that had been perverted by jews and materialism even in studying modern day occultism one is faced with the fact much of it is derivative from jewish kabbalah which means even if you were to rebel against modern day soulless society you would find yourself caught in a trap of adopting jewish esoterism or eastern esoterism which is alien to most europeans.

It is the boogeyman because the Satanic jews have basically equated any type of proper spiritual stuctures as rigid, oppressive and nazi in practice and spirit. Becuase they own the minds of the masses for 80+ years through indoctrination and propaganda people are unable to discern what might be a negative right wing belief system or something that brings about a properly disciplinary spirit of the people, chief among them is rejecting blind tolerance, rejection of athiesm and communist beliefs, rejection of "basedence" by authority, the realization that the power stems from the people and the land and that Hitler wasnt a racist but rather a race realist.

Its a tough battle because the biggest hurdle you have to make when redpilling people and yourself is realizing that the haulocaust is a lie and your own countries have been perverted by neo-marxist rhetoric that has become normalized and entrenched in the thinking of the masses. An insidious invasion of a mind virus that cuases its victims to deny reality and defend their own slavery to vice and falsehoods.

>> No.18054057

>>18053950
You have to follow the most Orthodox versions of them though.

>> No.18054058

>>18053976
Meditation is a waste of time.

>> No.18054067

>>18053969
Compromising on religion for muh political reasons is essentially globohomo. "Everything that is not expressively anti-liberal will accept all the liberal views in a few decades" or whatever the go to Conservative quote is.

>> No.18054078

>>18045285
>hey little kid, look at this cover full of bad guys, you know what they are? they're FASCISTS! I'll show you the sociological reasons that explain why they're trendy in Western countries, but you already know that the people who like them are uncultured monkeys (ssst, this is a secret between me and you, don't say that, otherwise we'll sound fascists too) but especially they're WHITE and MALES! so BAD!!! come and read me, it'll be fun ;-)

>> No.18054083

>>18053990
Atheism is stupid , but I'd still rather people meditate whether or not they believe in God. It's far better to live among people with self control.

>> No.18054118

>>18046020
I fundamentally agree with your characterization of liberals and I understand your concerns about posthumanism and even more so about eliminating those parts of society that impeded accumulation/maximizing capital. But your last conclusion makes no sense to me. It's a historical fact that trans people have existed longer than the written word has (consider India, Thailand and Italy which all had 'third genders' for thousands of years).

It seems to me you're making a missstep: the deconstruction of gender is not the birth of transgenderism, it is rather the rational, positivist legitimation of transgenderism, because when facing accelerating capitalism, everyone and everything needs to justify it's own existence akin to new terms.

>> No.18054124

>>18046043
People typically don't blame the right wing for that at all. Liberals usually blame oppression while leftists blame material circumstances.

The postmodern is a human condition, not a coherent philosophy. Most writers you consider Pomo were not advocating for it, but rather describing it for the first time.

>> No.18054133

>>18046055
>The US in the 60s and 70s was all white

Imagine being this fucking retarded. /pol/acks literally leak brain fluid.

>> No.18054150

>>18046526
I think Evola is interesting as a character, but honestly all of that sounds like mysticist bullshit.

We only need to understand Buddhist metaphysics and everything will magically order itself? You'd have to be retarded to genuinely believe this

>> No.18054165

>>18048063
Yeah, because french people (europeons in general) read. And sometimes even books. While in the anglosphere the only way to reach people is via TikTok Dances, streaming fortnite, or being in a commercial during wrestling break.

>> No.18054174

>>18054046
i agree that the traditionalists were sort of modern in the sense that they kind of rejected their own actual western traditions, but have one look at /pol/ and you would know that the whole "retvrn to tradition" thing has been a huge joke, especially due to their adopting of old pagan beliefs instead of actual christianity. race and culture is important, but fundamentaly, the message of God transcends race and culture, but qhen you invert it and say "Race and Culture transcends god", then you become like Jews, arrogant and subversive.

>> No.18054181

Traditionalism is even more retarded than kazinskism.

Thinking returning to ways of living that were verifiably awful for 99% of people is a solution to nothing.

>> No.18054189

>>18045322
In order to control narratives you need to erase history, or revise it to suit your ends. Fascism (and more importantly, Western Conservatism) is one of the many action arms of a greater ideology, but it derives a lot of its meaning and justification FROM traditionalism. So in attacking traditionalism, you raze the fields upon which it subsists.

>> No.18054193

>>18049636
>The book is about x and has y agenda

No, you retarded imbecile. Literally everything you said about the book is wrong. Even itt you could have found posts describing its contents. Just shut the fuck up if you're uninformed.

>> No.18054199

>>18046586
I concur with this post.
Elaborate.

>> No.18054212

>>18054181
>verifiably awful
Prove it, I'll wait, oh wait, you can't, because anthropologists have struggled with the question for years and unlike you some of them while misled are not retarded

>> No.18054233

>>18054118
I think you are mistaking what I am saying. Of course transgenderism has existed before, but it has existed in multiple different cultural contexts, and often those contexts had something to do with being a sacred-pariah, containing a spiritual element that is alien to, what I guess we could call the "scientific-transgenderism" of the kind popularly endorsed within the west in the present day.
I made a point about liberalism instrumentalizing as opposed to creating, and that should be kept in mind. They tend gardens, they pull weeds, but they don't plant seeds. Some sacred hermaphrodite from India 3000 years existed in a fundamentally different culture where their hermaphroditism was conceived as a union of opposites, rather than a denial of them.

But this is getting a little beside the point, which is basically nothing liberalism employs to strengthen itself has its origins within itself, so naturally this applies to transgenderism too.

>> No.18054241

>>18053319
To most people Evola and Guenon probably figure as mentally ill losers, similarly to how a liberal would view Zizek or Fisher. Unless you're a low-status, socially outcast edgelord loser even figures like Bannon will have little draw. I don't think that appeal you are conjuring is inherent, it only resonates with particular personalities.

>> No.18054261

>>18053386
The only reason?

What about the 40 hour work week, ever heard of that? It was fought for with the blood of (mostly) white men and women. The same goes for virtually all improvements in labor rights and conditions. You think capitalists just freely give up part of their profits? White, straight men organizing and standing up for their specific needs is literally the core of Western labor movements.

>> No.18054266

>>18053425
>Evola
>Apolitical

Imbecile. I can't even fathom how one could be so dumb.

>> No.18054273
File: 17 KB, 400x400, 1495832200792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sneed

>> No.18054280

>>18054241
Why does every journalist researching them treat them like evil genius supervillains then? They are middle class people with active social lives, but they experience the same attraction.

>> No.18054282

>>18053319
People are attracted to violence and power of will. Anything that has this will always be more attractive to people in their heart of hearts. Liberal and leftist ideology use violence out of necessity, but are married to an ugly wife in their ideology that they call "peace".
>>18054241
Most people don't care about any of this. The ones who do care always idealize some violent nationalist movement of some kind, however. White liberals/leftists love to try and worm their way into black nationalist movements, for instance.

>> No.18054288

>>18054181
The living conditions you are referring to are material, while it is the spiritual and social ones that people like Guenon and Evola were referring to. They werent luddites in the sense that they want people to stop using antibiotics, not use vaccines and not brush their teeth anymore.
Though Guenon does refer to wage labour as demonic slavery, so of course there is a material side to it, but its not the predominant one.

>> No.18054294

>>18054233
>I think you are mistaking what I am saying. Of course transgenderism has existed before, but it has existed in multiple different cultural contexts, and often those contexts had something to do with being a sacred-pariah, containing a spiritual element that is alien to, what I guess we could call the "scientific-transgenderism" of the kind popularly endorsed within the west in the present day.

There's this Hungarian traditionalist called Hamvas Béla that's trendy around here who wrote quite a lot about religious transgenderism IIRC. The crux of the issue is that antique "transgenderism" was seen as something that transcends both man and woman, a union that makes halves whole, or as a sort of hieros gamos or liberation of the self from illusions, while contemporary transgenderism is not the transcendence of both man and woman but the utter failure of both masculine and feminine, it doesn't transcend either, but rather, "goes under" both of them.

>> No.18054299

>>18054058
You never got first the past Jhana if you're still thinking in terms of "wastes of time"

>> No.18054303

>>18054046
Double digit IQ take.

>> No.18054321

>>18054150
>We only need to understand Buddhist metaphysics and everything will magically order itself? You'd have to be retarded to genuinely believe this
That poster was actually mocking Guenon’s preference for Vedanta (Hindu metaphysics) over Buddhism. Advaita Vedanta refuted Buddhism so badly that Buddhistcucks on /lit/ cope by saying “nuh uh, Advaita Vedanta actually is Buddhism so it doesn’t matter that Shankara rekt Buddhism”

>> No.18054325

>>18054261
>You think capitalists just freely give up part of their profits?
Yes. The post-industry economy meant longer working hours actually drained their profits more, and they cram more profit into smaller labor hours. This is commonly accepted in modern economic theory. Longer working hours are considered less profitable, hence the proliferation of the casual labor pool in many Western nations (which receive much fewer hours than were originally required many years ago).

>> No.18054331

>>18054321
> Advaita Vedanta refuted Buddhism so badly
Oh God not you again

>> No.18054337

>>18054181
Ask me how I know you have no idea what is meant by Traditionalism

>> No.18054350

>>18054124
>People typically don't blame the right wing for that at all. L
You have not been paying attention to recent politics.
>The postmodern is a human condition, not a coherent philosophy.
Wrong. Post-structuralism epitomizes this tendency, which was a positive assertion made by certain pomos.

>> No.18054352
File: 33 KB, 680x763, 53DAB168-518B-4BFB-920D-F5D0E657CD51.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18054331
Yes, it is me

>> No.18054353

>>18054233
Thanks for the reply, your post gave me some hope and I do agree, I misread you. I haven't had a decent exchange of opinions in this place in the last 5 years or so (I visit only twice or thrice a year). Good to know that not everyone is a completely retarded imbecile. Ever since election tourism the state of discourse went from shit to unbearable.

I preferred 4chan when it was a cesspool of mentally ill elitists, egalitarian in a way as it featured tankies, furries, bronies, race realists, nazbols, shizos, femboys and virtually everyone else on the ideological spectrum. Nowadays it's just the same old tired talking points, the same memes circulating, the culture has become 100% masturbatory, nothing new or interesting is ever being said, no one reads, discourse stays the same, everything is amalgamated into vaguely right wing talking points, the website is getting commodified by huge media outlets and the last patches of sincerity are eradicated.

So thanks for making me feel like old-school board culture, bad as it was, was alive again for 5 seconds.

>> No.18054362

>>18054280
Because they're self important and treating their subjects as literal Hitler's gives themselves a better case, easy.

>> No.18054368

>>18045285
>Guénon is now alt right meme for normies
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>> No.18054373

>>18054294
Out of curiosity, do you deny there is a biological component to transgenderism, or do you think it's merely some kind of spook forced on people by 'the globohomo media' or whatever?

>> No.18054378
File: 9 KB, 460x276, Nassim-Taleb-008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045351
Imbecile

>> No.18054381

>>18054261
Labour Unions predate Marxism. Even medieval workers had guilds. Marxist class theory doesn't even map onto post-industrial society, but the trappings of revolution make the perfect cool kids club.

>> No.18054401

>>18054325
This is empirically wrong you retard. Hundreds if not thousands of people were beaten to death or died in accidents protesting for lower hours. The same goes for child labor, by the way. Or again virtually any other improvement in conditions. Read a book on industrialization before spewing uneducated shit.

Read up on the French February revolution in 1848. Inmost cases lesser hours were only accepted as a way to fight communists, yielding to demands was a way to rob the movement of steam. Have you ever heard of Bismarck? This was literally his entire goal vis a vis socialism.

>> No.18054414

>>18054401
Read my post again.
If anything, those protests actually slowed progression to the post-industrial phase down, so they were actually sabotaging themselves and paving the way to fascist reactions, along with a much slower increase in overall conditions.

>> No.18054421

>>18054381
Your first statement is definitely true. It is also true, by the way, that communism predates Marxism. Both of these true statements are irrelevant to my post however. Work hours mostly become relevant with industrialization, at which point many (not all, not even most) unions were socialist.

The fact that socialists had a major part improving work hours (as did non socialist activists) is an empirical truth.

>> No.18054453

>>18054299
I haven't got past first Jhana either, but no way is it a waste of time. Mindfulness is about the most useful thing you can have, even without Samatha.

>> No.18054655

>>18054362
That achieves the opposite of their goals though. Making an obscure writer into a supervillain only ensures that more people will read them and take them seriously, increasing their influence. For a journalist to do that, they have to either be too stupid to see the consequences or secretly attracted to the figure in question. As tempting as it is to just dismiss all journos as stupid, they do actually have to have some understanding of how soft power works to get published in the first place.

>> No.18054697

>>18054655
I think you spend too much time inside. These obscure authors are not considered cool, and anyone who is considered cool by normal people is very careful to hide the fact that they have these interests.

>> No.18054706

>>18046055
This is bait

>> No.18054715

>>18054181
You have no idea about the subject of which you are talking.

>> No.18054722

>>18054421
Socialist =/= Marxist
Marxists are about the worst people you could have in a workers movement, because they don't actually want better conditions. It's just a smokescreen to agitate for revolution.

>> No.18054775

>>18054697
No serious writer is considered cool by normal people, because normal people don't read. Even among people who do read, though, Traditionalist writers were largely unknown until they got signal boosted by people trying to link them to the evil far right.

>> No.18054816

>>18054775
Perhaps I failed to make my point clear. There is something of a consensus in our societies, and that consensus is liberal, though not necessarily completely progressive. Anything outside of the liberal-progressive spectrum is considered anathema by basically everyone. The only difference is the nature and degree of the repugnance that people express for these ideas.
In other words, it is not hard to find people who think Jean-Paul Sartre, Karl Marx, Bertrand Russell, Richard Dawkins, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, or any other inoffensive thinker is cool, provided that you know how to go about it. It is almost impossible to find anyone who thinks that Julius Evola is cool, and anyone who feels that way would be ill advised to air his views publicly.
Basically, don't kid yourself. You are on the fringe. Your side is weak. Pretending that you are stronger than you are will not help you.

>> No.18054847

>>18045351
>shitting on Taleb
Stay poor faggot

>> No.18054911

>>18046055
>the nuclear family
Is the opposite of tradition, it's the result of American capitalist modernism and was formed when in a world where a single blue collar worker could support a family of five (50s - 1974) and atomisation into productive units geared towards pure profit actually made sense.
A traditional family is more like what you'll see in a Mexican or Pacific Islander household: a massive and tightly knit family unit spanning multiple generations all under one roof.
What you're describing is just conservatism. Traditionalists want to turn back centuries, not 60 years ago, it's why Evola hated "modernity" back before your American golden age even began.

>> No.18054934

>>18049636
I seriously doubt it, traditionalism is way too dense and academic to be mainstream (traditionalist would say this is a good thing), and there's no immediate traditionalist big bad wolf you can point to and fear like with fascism or Marxism.

>> No.18054952

>>18054934
>and there's no immediate traditionalist big bad wolf
What? Evola is basically that big bad wolf now if you read his wiki.

>> No.18054958
File: 448 KB, 955x555, evb3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18054816
>anyone who feels that way would be ill advised to air his views publicly.

>> No.18054966

>>18054952
It's a bit harder to demand the average person go research some obscure Italian who believes in magic than to just point at Nazi Germany or the USSR and say "they killed millions".

>> No.18054976

>>18054958
I suspect that you've taken this quote out of context. Does he tell his followers to expose themselves to the enemy wherever possible, or does he tell them to be discreet and do their best to survive in a hostile world?

>> No.18054986

>>18054976
He tells them not to dissolve their individuality and always maintain one's own dignity without compromise. Obviously this quote is not intended to promote suicide bombing, the point is that you shouldn't be hiding what you are because it is cowardly and bourgeois.

>> No.18054988

>>18054368
You did this Guenonfag

>> No.18055008
File: 63 KB, 525x700, leni-riefenstahl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18045285
Well, the truth is more than you think it looks like. Sun revolves around the center of our galaxy. Do you ever stop to think of that? Yet your entire life depends on it. If you do not succumb nothing will happen. If you do, you will have a bigger understanding. But in the end, the accumulated risk will escape its cage. This is when Dyonisios comes. An ancient prophecies. Come to think about it, Jesus is stoic or cynic embodiment of Dyonisios, the wine god. Remember, "this wine is my blood, drink it". Part of the Eucharist. It's all interconnected. Islam extends these ideas without negating them, but ultimately falls victim to the underlying forces, causing a war that cuts through the heart of every Muslim. Mohammad could not have foreseen this, and of course, the prophet is blind without the force which illuminates him. The question is, where does that force come from? Is it enclosed within? Or does it originate from the external environment. These are the questions that await every man upon his birth. Great minds have struggled to answer them. Plato, Evola, Spinoza, Guenon, all died without the light.

>> No.18055124

>>18054266
Nice argument. Except he was literally put on trial for it and none of it stuck. Talking about the political sphere is not the same thing, retard.

>> No.18055149
File: 196 KB, 285x316, Screenshot_8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18046055
You type like a stormfront wigger,and stormfront wiggers smell

>> No.18055153

>>18054816
Where the hell do you live where anyone who isn't liberal is an outcast? A lot of people are pretty open about being conservatives, even far-right, even though there is more leftists in the younger age group where I am.

>> No.18055157

>>18055124
he was put on trail for trying to revive fascism and pointed out that he was a monarchist and is much more anti democratic then fascism is
and was acquitted

>> No.18055162

>>18055153
Before you accuse me of being those I'm talking about, I am an immigrant and when i argued that immigration was good almost everyone disagreed with me. It's only universities where leftists are outcasts, I'd say the vast majority of white people outside universities are conservative

>> No.18055167

>>18054911
Bullshit leftist argument. The vast majority of cultures, even those who have extended families, still have nuclear families as the primary unit. For example in Pakistan extended families may live together, but each man has a separate section for his wife and children

>> No.18055195

>>18055157
I don't think you're making the point you think you're making. Read my initial post again, and stop nitpicking.

>> No.18055200

>>18055153
>>18055162
>Where the hell do you live where anyone who isn't liberal is an outcast?
Urban America.
>A lot of people are pretty open about being conservatives, even far-right, even though there is more leftists in the younger age group where I am.
You're either not an American or you live in a conservative state and/or area.
>Before you accuse me of being those I'm talking about, I am an immigrant and when i argued that immigration was good almost everyone disagreed with me.
You're in a bubble, dude. Where do you live, Texas?
>It's only universities where non-leftists are outcasts
Nah, dude. Lots of people on here talk about it, but basically if you're in any kind of high-status profession, you will be surrounded by liberals.
>I'd say the vast majority of white people outside universities are conservative
Look at the voting patterns, dude. A slight majority of whites are conservative, yes, but close to half of them are not.

>> No.18055433

>>18054816
Of course they're not acceptable. That's why I compared the perception of them to well written villains. If you acted like a Sith Lord in real life, you would be deeply unacceptable to society, but everyone is drawn to the Sith on a visceral level.
Not sure who you're talking to with the other stuff, given that I never said what side I'm on or how strong they are.

>> No.18055462

>>18054966
This. It's the right wing equivalent of trying to get people to fear Posadist nuclear war.

>> No.18055491

>>18054986
>not to dissolve their individuality
Did he say this literally or is that your interpretation? Sounds like an odd thing for someone who praised Buddhism to say.

>> No.18055539

>>18055433
>but everyone is drawn to the Sith on a visceral level
But that's wrong. Everyone is drawn to Luke Skywalker on a visceral level, with the exception of eccentrics.

>> No.18055738

>>18055195
nice deflection

>> No.18055746

>>18055200
>Urban America.
Traditionalism might not be for you if you're a minority

>> No.18055763

>>18045322
Traditionalism has a big presence on Twitter

>> No.18055829

>>18045344
Filtered

>> No.18055876
File: 16 KB, 414x319, 1618068166640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18049636

>> No.18055882

Guenonbros, I think is time to stop shitposting on the internet and join a tariqah, what do you think?

>> No.18055889

>>18055746
If you think that Traditionalism is about biological race, then you've been filtered.

>> No.18055944

>>18055882
It would be a very good thing, both for you and for this board.

>> No.18055945

>>18055539
Moral and intellectual, not visceral.

>> No.18056659

>>18055200
Conservative states and areas are half of America dipshit

>> No.18057073

>>18054911
>Traditionalists want to turn back centuries
To be more precise, Traditionalists want life to be centered around what is eternal. The Middle Ages were the time when that was the case for civilized life in Europe, but that doesn't mean simply returning to that state is the goal. We can't even, that possibility is exhausted. The principles upon which the Middle Ages are the goal and they have to be somehow brought into the modern world.

>> No.18057756

>>18057073
Convert to islam

>> No.18057924

>>18055539
Some people just want a red lightsaber or wear face paint like Darth Maul because they think it looks bad ass. Don't underestimate the appeal of aesthetics.

>> No.18057945

>>18057756
No thanks, I don't like degeneracy

>> No.18057971

>>18056659
They're most of America's land area, but not its population.
>>18057924
They aren't very common.

>> No.18057984

>>18046055
>What's Fascism without Traditionalism? Literally nothing

it´s LARP, that what it is, the nazis and mussolini, all of them were larpers, what´s the word for someone who larps a larper?

>> No.18058054

>>18053890
>They create their own opposition when they do this. All they had to do was leave regular people alone and there would be no extreme right wing. It would still just be a few dozen stormfags reading The Turner Diaries and dreaming of a race war.

the thing, they have to justify their existence, or at least justify what they believe,
otherwise they don´t think they have the legitimacy to complain, so nowadays everyone is a nazi

>> No.18058168

>>18046055
>What's Fascism without Traditionalism
Fascism is a revolutionary progressive (in the original sense of the word) ideology, to a fascist, the nation is organic, the national can't go backwards to the glory days, only forwards.

>> No.18058332

>>18057924
Aesthetics is mainly what I'm talking about. A villain with a commanding presence, great prose style and seductive worldview can be more appealing than an equally well written hero. They offer the ultimate catharsis fantasy, because they embody all the passions that you suppress.
I'm not saying the far-right in general has this. No one really cares about William Pierce or James Mason, for example, despite them being as extreme as you can get. Every time you see a horrified liberal discuss Evola or Dugin, however, there is a glint of excitement in their eyes. They perk up at the lurid details of just how evil these men are, the same way one is invigorated by the unveiling of evil in good fiction.

>> No.18058342

>>18057984
Metalarper?

>> No.18058374

>>18058054
That's why I suspect it may be animal instinct. There is, after all, a shitty subset in every race of people; they are just shit in different ways. I wouldn't even be surprised if there is an in-group predator gene that just compels people to destroy their own country.

>> No.18058380
File: 261 KB, 983x1146, 1607781767561.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18058342
BIG BVLL LARPER

>> No.18058397

>>18058168
Which past definition of progressive are you referring to? I have always understood fascism to be modern, but not progressive, as it bases its legitimacy in the reconstruction of a past ideal.

>> No.18058451

>>18054044
It's ironic because the idea of an educated, privileged, superior class who just happens to know best and leads through some sort of noblesse oblige as opposed to their own particular class interests is antithetical to any sort of Marxist analysis and also common sense.

>> No.18058453

>>18058397
I'm thinking social reform in response to material changes.

>> No.18058467

>>18058453
>>18058397
Example, eugenics was a progressive policy.

>> No.18058490

>>18058467
But all true traditional societies were eugenic in their own way too

>> No.18058570

>>18054282
>White liberals/leftists love to try and worm their way into black nationalist movements, for instance.
It's always funny when left wingers who act like every time a white person breathes it's racist will bend over backwards trying to justify minority groups that basically behave like /pol/ IRL.
It's almost like they don't really consider brown people as human beings capable of agency (and therefore of being right or wrong), and just see them as pawns which only exist in relation to the moral neurosis of white people.
Stephen Colbert is really a poster child for this in my mind. He tries so hard to be one of the "good whites", but a permanent feature of his show is the black sidekick he pays to laugh at his jokes and make him look 'cool'. Somehow nobody in America even blinks at this, like blacks are just some sort of prop for white people to demonstrate how cultured and worldly they are.
Like sure, I'll complain about niggers being loud on the bus, but deep down that's because I actually consider them human beings and hold them to the same standards I would white people (or anybody, really). Now lots of rich white people act like even having standards for black behavior or expecting them not to act like belligerent monkeys is forcing some sort of racist white social construct. Truly a bizarre attitude to have.

>> No.18058990

>>18058570
>Now lots of rich white people act like even having standards for black behavior or expecting them not to act like belligerent monkeys is forcing some sort of racist white social construct. Truly a bizarre attitude to have.

the anglo man´s burden, the inability of critizicing brown pipo because the act of doing that destroys your own moral and philosophical framework (i.e racism, utilitarianism and internationalism)

>> No.18059306

>>18058490
How so? I can only think of Sparta. Maybe some kind of social Darwinism.

>> No.18059469

>>18058990
Explain

>> No.18059479

>>18059306
Sparta was an extreme, but I meant in the sense that anyone who wasn't either mentally or physically fit didn't make it. Only since modern medicine did that change, when even genetic failures could survive.

>> No.18059489

>>18059469
there´s nothing to explain, you can see the real world for the explanation

>> No.18059808

>>18058451
What do you see their analysis to be then? Are they looking at far-right leaders as incompressible class traitors? Or do they see them as Machiavellians manipulating the masses for their own class interest?

>> No.18059907

>>18059808
? I'm referring to college educated liberal types who think they know best about the poor and rural. AS far as I can tell there is no authentic politics of the working class in America. Both sides of the political spectrum are just a puppet show to give the plebs some semblance of participatory democracy while the media manufactures consent.
Donald Trump is more like a Napoleon III type character, somewhat removed from any clear class loyalties and creating a freak-show coalition to flex on liberal bourgeoisie interests.
My personal analysis is that the ruling class in America needs to have the fear of god struck into them, the only way anything changes in that country is through blood sacrifice. Americans are sheep though so they won't do anything.

>> No.18059950

>>18053733
Fucking hell man.

What the fuck is wrong with them?

Why can't we just be left alone in peace?

>> No.18060312

>>18059907
>My personal analysis is that the ruling class in America needs to have the fear of god struck into them, the only way anything changes in that country is through blood sacrifice.
Modern elites are bourgeois through and through. What separates them from pre-Enlightenment aristocracy was the aristocracy understood a sense of noblesse oblige. The modern elites sense of their obligation to the people is condescendingly telling the working class that they know what's good for them by banning smoking in restaurants, banning soda, and telling you to eat ze bugs and live in ze pod, and if you're not happy because of it, then that's your problem.

>> No.18060407

>>18045325
I read it, it's basically an extra long article about him hanging around with Bannon and trying to "connect the dots" between various right-wing figures. It barely gives explanation of Traditionalism.

>> No.18060827

>>18060407
Fucking Bannon the attention whore, I don't know how many fucking retards think cringe nerd shit like gamergate lead to the far right resurgence because this faggot insists he's behind it all.

>> No.18061138

>>18060312
Exactly. They're so out of touch that unless they fear the guillotine they'll never change. Most elites spend a year after uni working at a coffee shop, then the rest of their life pretending that any 30-something working at a coffee shop can do the same.

Ironically the difference between what we have now and the rigid class societies of the past isn't increased social mobility, it's less social solidarity. Class no longer exists so everything is the result of innate superiority and if you're not as smart and talented and hardworking as the rich then you deserve to fight over scraps with the rest of the lazy and entitled masses.

>> No.18061157

>>18057971
Around half of the white population retard

>> No.18061326

>>18045285
>Dogmatic and authoritarian theocrats are a new and special niche exclusive to 4chan and other such new and special contexts, not something forced by wealthy demagogues and the operatives of hostile governments.
Daily reminder that, like democratic republics, Renaissance and Enlightenment traditions also still exist, though in lamentably declining degree.
>>18060407
Of course it doesn't explain, since Traditionalism, as an -ism, is a fresh euphemism for the reactionary Right. It is all so tiresomely predictable.

>> No.18061403

>>18058570
Why don't you complain about people/individuals being loud on the bus then? If you hold people of colour to the same standards, why do you have to bring race into your complaint?

>> No.18061441

>>18061403
It just rolls off the tongue so nice