[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 181 KB, 474x694, 65474574775.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17786611 No.17786611[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

When did you realize atheism is an unproven belief which the atheist has faith in?

inb4 weak atheism is the only type of atheism, weak atheists have less balls than agnostics

>> No.17786619

>>17786611
Even if god did exist - why should I care? I don't have follow the laws, or will, of god. And, more so, you don't even seem to understand atheism very well. It is the Christians who make the claim that god exists, without proof, and when atheists attack them for their lack of evidence - apparently that's constituted as a belief?

>> No.17786721

Atheists not only have faith in their disbelief but their proposed “scientific” mythology is even more insane than any deist/creationist theory I’ve ever heard.

>Well first there was nothing then shit just exploded and now there’s all this stuff, for no reason at all.

kek

>> No.17786740

>>17786721
You think that carbon dating, the Doppler effect the fossil record along with comparative biology is insane compared to shit such as Noah's ark? We can't even confirm if Jesus existed, or who wrote the fucking bible, yet, that is better "proof" than physical evidence? Do you want to show us how micro-evolution, which is observable, is mythology? How about solar evolution - apparently that's mythology too even though we have telescopes that allow to see these things happen in real time. Where's the physical for god? More so, can you prove that your god is one that exists - there's tons of religions out there... what makes them any less legitimate than you?

>> No.17786762

>>17786740
You had something going until you brought up the "how do you know your religion is right" cliche, that's genuinely the worst argument against theism ever devised and literally only works on religious nuts. Btw here's a question, how does something originate out of nothing? What even is "nothing"? Is nothing observable? Physical? How does science address the problem of induction? How do you know things really did exist 6 billion years ago and it isn't just an illusion created by nature or maybe... God?

>> No.17786764

If you're still stuck on the Atheist vs Theist debate you're ngmi

>> No.17786775
File: 92 KB, 1200x675, copium.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17786611
>because atheism by definition cannot be definitively proven my extremely specific fantasy about sky man and his son is for sure real!!!

t.

>> No.17786795

>>17786619
Christian: I believe God exists.
Atheist: I believe God does not exist.

>> No.17786807

>>17786619
>Even if god did exist - why should I care? I don't have follow the laws, or will, of god.
>even if a supreme deity that has the capacity to judge me and my deeds existed why should I care
atheist logic

>> No.17786818

>>17786764
If you dont explain why you are ngmi

>> No.17786848

atheists have no critical thinking so they hype retards who discover warm water.
they just discovered that society is full of mental fapping about pictures & humanism is just glorification of the state, ie fascism, but it's better than other fascisms because this time, all the humanist intellectuals, actors, commentators & journalists are included in the ruling class, & they said that ''being life affirming'' ie being a vitalist is good. Vitalism is the fancy word of the atheist for being an hedonist, ie cooming. This is why in humanism, there is a merger of politics, education & entertainment, & why atheists are sex & drug addicts glorifying sex & drugs.

Now atheism exists only by rejection of judeo christianity , so now that christians are not in power, they still need a bogeyman & need to dream up threats of nazis harming atheist democracy. Ie creating more & more narratives & pictures to delude themselves into a fake sense of righteousness, because nobody who isn't them tells the atheists they are good people. This is why atheists desperatly turn to eastern guruisms, hoping the gurus will tell them they are decent people. It works because the gurus capitalized on these empty followers by embodying the asexual old wise character. Gurus expressed the emptiness the atheists were feeling & then played the character which would be the opposite of their emptiness, which in turn reinforced their projection as him being an enlightened master. This gets to be a self-sustaining loop where the worship & admiration of followers feeds to the confidence of the leader, who becomes fulfilled & the character becomes easier & easier to play until it becomes unnoticeable.
So atheists have no external validation besides scam artists banking money & sex from them. An atheist is a fatherless girl craving to hear from her father that she is a good girl, but she spends her life on casual sex & posting on instagram how she likes the dalai lama & fair trade beauty creams.

>> No.17786851

>>17786775
Isnt it ironic that the atheist harps on the theist for their faith in the unproven belief in God when the atheist also has faith in an unproven belief?

>> No.17786857

>>17786740
when was the last time you experienced the tautology (AvB)->(AvB)?
when was the last time you experienced the number \pi^{e}?

when was the last time you experienced a black hole?
when was the last time you experienced an W boson?
when was the last time you experienced np+e^−+\overbar{v}_e ?
when was the last time you experienced the gene C14orf4?
when was the last time you experienced a dinosaur?
when was the last time you experienced the planet mars?
when was the last time you experienced a non-flat earth?

SCIENCE IS A SCAM

>> No.17786864

>>17786851
your mistake is thinking every non-believer is a 'devout' atheist.
For most atheist their atheism is solely the absence of belief.

In other words they simply don't believe in the specific narrative of the conventional monotheistic religions.

>> No.17786866
File: 65 KB, 1191x167, 457547474745.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17786877

>>17786857
>when was the last time you experienced a non-flat earth?
Why is this on there with other things?

>> No.17786892

>>17786851
apply that logic to theists.
Isn't it ironic theists nitpick the inability of atheists to disprove the possibility of God when theists are inable to prove even a SINGLE thing about their entire fucking story

>> No.17786893

>>17786864
How is absence of belief in God even possible unless you are a rock, a baby, or someone who cant understand the concept of God because of brain damage?

Weak Atheism as a position seems impossible.

>> No.17786900

>>17786893
you mudslimes are so unbelievably retarded it boggles the mind

>> No.17786903

>>17786721
>The play is preceded by the most austere of all preludes: the infinite void, and matter restlessly moving to bring forth it knows not what. Then, by the millionth millionth chance —what tragic irony— the conditions at one point of space and time bubble up into that tiny fermentation which is the beginning of life.
>Everything seems to be against the infant hero of our drama — just as everything seems against the youngest son or ill-used stepdaughter at the opening of a fairy tale. But life somehow wins through.
>With infinite suffering, against all but insuperable obstacles, it spreads, it breeds, it complicates itself, from the amoeba up to the plant, up to the reptile, up to the mammal. We glance briefly at the age of monsters. Dragons prowl the earth, devour one another, and die.
>Then comes the theme of the younger son and the ugly duckling once more. As the weak, tiny spark of life began amidst the huge hostilities of the inanimate, so now again, amidst the beasts that are far larger and stronger than he, there comes forth a little naked, shivering, cowering creature, shuffling, not yet erect, promising nothing, the product of another millionth millionth chance.

>> No.17786908

>>17786893
>>17786900
Weak Atheist: I believe God doesnt exist but my beliefs are not beliefs and require no proof because I say so.

>> No.17786910

>Yet somehow he thrives. He becomes the Cave Man with his club and his flints, muttering and growling over his enemies' bones, dragging his screaming mate by her hair (I never could quite make out why), tearing his children to pieces in fierce jealousy till one of them is old enough to tear him, cowering before the horrible gods whom he created in his own image
>But these are only growing pains. Wait till the next act. There he is becoming true Man. He learns to master Nature. Science comes and dissipates the superstitions of his infancy. More and more he becomes the controller of his own fate. Passing hastily over the present (for it is a mere nothing by the time scale we are using), you follow him on into the future. See him in the last act, though not the last scene, of this great mystery.

>> No.17786915

>>17786807
A lot of retards judge me; why the fuck would I care? Have some self esteem.
>>17786848
This whole post is Schizophrenic. It also assumes that Eastern religions don't have gods they worship. More so, your critique just seem to be of resentfulness. Atheists can find happiness without god, and this causes you great anguish. It completely de-legitmizes your authority because you want willing slaves. The last man, who has arisen from the conditions of this world, frightens you because the prospect of man being free, self reliant, and happy tears part your grand narratives of salvation, hell, and sinners as the only method of finding true value in this world . No more can pedophilia preists, and power hungry church officials drag individuals into their churches. No longer do men have to die, and throw away their lives, for the foolish dreams of theists, but can finally enjoy themselves with everything life gives them.
Also, I find it so fucking funny a fucking CHRISTIAN is talking about scams - have you not heard of prosperity gospel, indulgences and evangelicalism? The church is the biggest worship of them all.

>> No.17786917
File: 124 KB, 538x840, 538x840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17786611
My bible is better than yours

>> No.17786921

>>17786900
fuck up monkey

>> No.17786923
File: 57 KB, 680x591, 1607259458254.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>A race of demigods now rules the planet —and perhaps more than the planet— for eugenics have made certain that only demigods will be born, and psychoanalysis that none of them shall lose or smirch his divinity, and communism that all which divinity requires shall be ready to their hands. Man has ascended his throne.
>Henceforward he has nothing to do but to practice virtue, to grow in wisdom, to be happy. And now, mark the final stroke of genius. If the myth stopped at that point, it might be a little bathetic. It would lack the highest grandeur of which human imagination is capable. The last scene reverses all.
>We have the Twilight of the Gods. All this time, silently, unceasingly, out of all reach of human power, Nature, the old enemy, has been steadily gnawing away. The sun will cool—all suns will cool—the whole universe will run down. Life (every form of life) will be banished, without hope of return, from every inch of infinite space.
>All ends in nothingness, and "universal darkness covers all." The pattern of the myth thus becomes one of the noblest we can conceive. It is the pattern of many Elizabethan tragedies, where the protagonist's career can be represented by a slowly ascending and then rapidly falling curve, with its highest point in Act IV. You see him climbing up and up, then blazing in his bright meridian, then finally overwhelmed in ruin.

>> No.17786924

>>17786908
I am a firm believer in Jupiter and the Roman pantheon.
What did you say? You DONT believe in Jupiter???
Why? You have 0 proof he doesn't exist. Go ahead disprove my beliefs. I dare you to do it.

>> No.17786927

>>17786924
>You have 0 proof he doesn't exist
pretty sure people have been on mount olympus

>> No.17786929

>>17786900
>I can't use my rhetoric in order to win an argument
>Therefore you are retarded
Looks like someone didn't read Plato's Gorgias

>> No.17786931

>>17786857
>when was the last time you experienced the tautology (AvB)->(AvB)?
when was the last time you experienced the number \pi^{e}?
This is a strange claim to make - if you're making the argument for ontological nihilism - that would also apply to god. Everything else you stated are things we can observe.

>> No.17786933

>>17786927
pretty sure 90% of the qu'ran and bible have been disproven but you retards still cling to 'muh symbolic meaning' and keep moving the goalposts every time anyway

cope

>> No.17786936

>>17786933
>pretty sure 90% of the qu'ran and bible have been disproven
name one thing

>> No.17786942

>>17786936
ye bro go ahead and tell me the eath is flat. Do it right now.

>> No.17786946

When did /lit/ start overflowing with religious Larpers again? I think it was 6 or 7 years ago.

>> No.17786953

>>17786942
>ye bro go ahead and tell me the eath is flat.
It is as far as I can see, beyond that it's of no relevance to me.

>> No.17786955

>>17786942
the earth is flat

>> No.17786957

>>17786953
you just contradicted everything you posted in this thread and I would bet everything I own on the fact that you can't figure out why

>> No.17786971

>>17786957
>you just contradicted everything you posted in this thread
That's where you're wrong though as that was the only thing I posted
>I would bet everything I own on the fact that you can't figure out why
I check and raise that you are in fact the one that did so

>> No.17786992

>>17786892
You have to admit, God as a concept is absolutely brilliant.

The First Uncaused Cause
the greatest possible being that can be imagined
"a being than which no greater can be conceived"
the "Ultimate"
the summum bonum
the "Absolute Infinite"
the "Transcendent"
Existence or Being itself

>> No.17787003

I'm god. Prove that I'm not god.

>> No.17787006

>>17786740
I was making a general argument for creationism and you went right in for the Christian strawman, all while having the gall to tell me there’s “tons of religions out there”. Truly amusing.

>> No.17787012

Atheism means you don't believe in a god, since I'll assume you don't believe in Poseidon, Zeus or Mithra does that not make you a atheist?

>> No.17787021

>>17786795
Christians also claim to know the mind of god, its wishes and wants.

>> No.17787023

>>17786740
>we can watch things do stuff therefore god not real

>> No.17787027

>>17787012
It makes me a Monotheist.

>> No.17787029

>>17786992
It also this unique concept of which nothing certain could be said, because it transcends our understanding, and everything posited is but an approximation. Hence the orgy of retards that is modern atheism, aka watered-down Calvinism - philosophers have troubles conceptualizing God, plebs never had a chance in the first place.

>> No.17787030

>>17787006
Love how you don't even try to engage any of my points; you just bitch and complain because I don't have to waste my time respecting a worthless piece of shit like you. A faggot like you doesn't even have the gall to reply to me, let alone the status to even engage with a Ubermensch like myself. When you talk to me, you better put some effort in those posts, cocksucker, otherwise you won't get any response that dignifies your worthless, meaningless existence. You are a dying clump of cells, and not one single human being on this Earth has to give one fuck about you. Don't talk to me as if you have any standing because are beneath me, and I will make sure you recognize that fact, cuckhold.

>> No.17787033

>>17787023
If even if god was real - I wouldn't care. I be just as disrespectful and callous towards him. I would spit in his face. I would fuck his daughter, and give her aids. I would break his fucking windows open with a break.

>> No.17787039

>>17786807
imagine living in that amount of fear

>> No.17787043

same as >>17787039

forgot to greentext

>> No.17787044

>>17787039
I only fear God. How many things are you afraid of?

>> No.17787049

>>17786953
>>17786955
guys like you should be forced to be slaves and i do not even like authoritarianism

>> No.17787062

>>17787049
I'm already a slave, a slave to my Lord.

>> No.17787065

>>17787044
I fear sometimes about being diagnosed with a terminal disease at a young age, but I cope well with it, I think, as time passes by.
I fear sometimes almost jokingly of being at the wrong place at the wrong time when a religious fundamentalist decides to bomb himself

that`s probably about it

>> No.17787257

>>17786848
Judeo-Christianity does not exist. Christianity is pagan, don’t you dare ever lump it in with true monotheism ever again, you filthy goy

>> No.17787308

Christian culture is centered around Jews. They have holidays for Jews. They killed hundreds of thousands of white men to worship Jews. They listen to Jewish psalms. They elect a Jew as their first pope. They call you a Jew for not worshiping a Jew. They draw the entirety of their culture from Jewish mythology. They post stories about Jews. They celebrate the religious life of Early Jews. Their biggest event of the year involves the birth of a Jew. They use Jewish words like "Hallelujah" and "Amen" and name their children after Jews. When you say "Judeans/Israelites" they're not thinking of a Middle Eastern people. They're thinking of their "ancestors". Their churches are completely adorned with Jews. They worship their saints and prophets disproportionately filled with Jews and their Apostles also filled with Jews. Their men sit around dying for the King of the Kews while their women sit around praying to a Jewish mother. They worship Jews like Saul of Tarsus and Jehohanan and Thomas and the rabbi Yeshuah bar Yosef while attacking the Greeks and Romans who actually built an empire and scientific institutions before Jew worshipers took over. They hate Jews who don’t worship their Jew but love Jews who do worship him. They send their Jew worshipers to kill those who don’t worship Jews and celebrate when Ancient European monuments and shrines get destroyed because they don’t honour Jews. They read Jewish books to a point where "Holy Lands" does not make them think of their ancestral homelands but about a desert instead. They will tell you how much they hate Jews and how they threw them out all the time and they are just pretending to live with them now but the evidence speaks for itself in that Christianity has always been and will be a religion of Jew worship

>> No.17787342

>>17786611
Agnosticism is the logical conclusion. There is no reason to believe in a deity or lack of deity. How can you claim to know something outside of our conception or existence?

>> No.17787402

>>17787033
Yes we know you’re a seething edgelord crybaby already.

>> No.17787490

If a highly evolved alien were to make its presence known and it was capable of fulfilling all the requirements of the said ability's of the three main monotheistic gods would the followers of said gods be forced to worship it?

How could they umprove its divinity?

>> No.17787535

>>17787030
You didn’t make any points dumbfuck, you posted
a bunch of gay snark. Go in time out - no snacktime for you.

Lights out early tonight too, Bucky.

>> No.17787645

>wow you have fate in your own existence which means you are just as religious as we are
>which means your fate in the natural is just as same as our fate in in the possibility of super-natural
stay bigbrain homo

>> No.17787657

>>17787342
>he thinks Agnosticism is a middle-man/mutually-exclusive

Yikerinos.

>> No.17787690
File: 66 KB, 1000x1000, 1608090196974.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17787021

>> No.17787716

>>17786611
I read both the God Delusion and The Dawkins Delusion like 10 years ago when I thought I was an atheist. I'll still have to say that the Dawkins Delusion was pretty shit, it would not change anyone's mind who was convinced by the God Delusion

>> No.17787727

>>17786611
Around 16

>> No.17787747

>>17786721
The fact that people prostrate themselves before science these days, wearing 7 masks or whatever, tells you everything you need to know.

>> No.17787832

>>17787308
Makes sense. No wonder Americans are willing to throw away the lives of their soldiers for Israel.

>> No.17787957

>>17786611
>>17787727
>>17787716
>>17787027
>>17786923
>>17786893
>>17786866
>>17786848
You will never ascend into heaven. There is no God, no divinity, no life after death. You are a scared plebian twisted by political control into a crude mockery of human potential.

All the “validation” you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people damn you to hell. Your parents are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “friends” laugh at your ghoulish beliefs behind closed doors.

Intellectuals are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of thought and discovery have allowed the intellectual community to sniff out religious beliefs with incredible efficiency. Even PhDs in theology look like brainwashed pedants to anyone with basic critical thinking. Your refusal to question scripture is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get into a proper debate with an average guy, he’ll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your unwillingness to challenge basic assumptions of your thought.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself that one day you will join the father up in heaven, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear - you’ll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your parents will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They’ll wonder what you could have become, as they cremate your ashes and spread your dust to the wind, as your consciousness is lost to eternity.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

>> No.17788163

>>17786992
It is a fantastic concept. I grew up religious and while I am no longer Christian I still regularly read religious works for their philosophical and cultural value. Few things fascinate me more than man's quest for meaning through religion.
God in itself is interesting but to me, mostly from an anthropological perspective.

I just hate the LARPers on this board so goddamn much

>> No.17788178

>>17787030
don't bother. That guy is either a LARPer or an insanely delusional and retarded mudslime.
Either way you won't convince him of even a single point because he simply does not have the brain capacity to ask himself these questions honestly.
That capacity was taken away from him when he was born into his middle eastern cult at birth.

>> No.17788203

>>17786807
>belief solely based on living perpetual state of fear

you are a being devoid of moral principles who experiences religion solely as a obligation, rather than a spiritual journey.

NEVER. GOING. TO. MAKE. IT.

>> No.17788420

>>17787490
Considering that one of the main ideas of my religion is that God exists outside of space and time, there really wouldn’t be any way for such an alien to meet the requirements of God

>> No.17788447

>>17786992
>>17787747
Yeah. It has turned into a religion.

>> No.17788463

>>17786611
People mostly belief what they were born into, most convert story I hear were of people who were raised by christians, had an atheist phase and returned to some form of their childhood belief

>> No.17788525

atheism is itself a religion leading to destruction and anti-tolerance, as their various 100-million deadly atheist revolutions and their two fucking world wars prove.
This is why today you have women and subhumans who claim to be liberals, buddhists and antifascist all together while saying they are killing non-atheists for them own good lol.

>> No.17788551

>>17786721
Since I am no expert in those field and that I know that the consensus can easily change based off new findings, I remain skeptical of such explanation. Yet I still find them more likely then the various origin story found in religions partly becuase they are less intiutive. There is much presedent for events being attributed to deities before being explained by natural causes.
From those we can extrapolate that humans have a bias that leads them to wrongly explain away unknown phenomena with anthropomorphic gods, it is therfore wiser to take similar explanation with a grain of salt

>> No.17788778

>>17788525
Meds. Now.

>> No.17788837

>>17787957
Suicide is an atheist thing.
Deists don't suicide you silly billy they keep on keeping on with a smile and and a chuckle.
It's really fucking annoying and insufferable.

>> No.17788863

>>17788778
Speaking. Like. This. Is. Onions. All. Caps.

>> No.17788968

You're all fucking cringe

>> No.17789043

>>17786611
The inverse supremacy of materialism and quantity still deduces the countless imperfections and awesome perfections, and in this sense requires faith that things can actually be observed. This is why I love the pataphysicians, they point out the epistemological fallacy in rationalism showing how natural sciences and reasoning are really simulacra of Truth. In terms of the question of God, and not just focusing on the faults of rationalism, atheism presupposes that non-belief is our default state, which is clearly false. Belief is and has always been the normative state, even if it's not that same post-aristotelian realism and abrahamism we have today. Atheism is just a weakening of metaphysics, through the false optic of rationalism, to the moralistic playing field, and even then is simply an argumentative adoration to the intellectually compelling nature of belief.

>> No.17789045

>>17786795
atheist dont believe god does not exist. they dont believe god exists

>> No.17789053

>>17786619
>Christians who make the claim that god exists, without proof, and when atheists attack them for their lack of evidence - apparently that's constituted as a belief?
what a fucking idiot. Atheism is not a challenge of evidence, it's certainly a tactic and a talking point to discredit christians but, it's not like atheists are open to the idea that god exists, they make an affirmative claim he doesn't. Agnostics make no assumptions on the reality until evidence one way or the other is presented. Agnostics are willing to accept the hypothesis but haven't concluded evidence. Atheists assert that there is definitely no god. And further that it is actually retarded to even CONSIDER that there might be a god. Is this this meant to be ironic? claiming someone else doesn't understand atheism and then proving you yourself don't understand it? is this some pro christian 3d chess game here? cause if not this is mong tier garbage.

>> No.17789284

>>17788163
What a brainlet take, that concept doesn't present anything like the biblical god. In fact all those definitions are borne out of cope for the logic that has destroyed all the previous versions, just like the newest cope of quantum mechanics

>> No.17789499

>>17787257
Catholics pray to dead divine-experienced humans and God. Protestants pray to one God only. It is obvious that the sub divisions of God are triune,
The sacrifice to end all sacrifices
The word used during exorcisms
The holy spirit as the unseeable force

. I read somewhere that Pythagoras believed God to be triune.

>> No.17789519

Atheism is a huge scam. It's jsut like Christianity where
king=president
priests = intellectuals and journalists from the atheist academia
warriors = bureaucrats and entrepreneurs
peasants = everybody else

I am still amazed at the obedience of the military to a non-military atheist leader.

>> No.17789534

>>17789519
So basically instead of the monks, The atheist society is where the journalists and intellectuals are included in the upper class. Nothing changes for the lower classes.

>> No.17789549

I’m so confused. Isnt the religious person an atheist to every god but their own? Why is it so hard to take it one step further? There are thousands of religions and you think you magically stumbled across the right one? What makes you so sure it isn’t fucking Mithras or some shit?

>> No.17789607

>>17787645
>fate
phoneposters get the rope

>> No.17789612
File: 810 KB, 1632x1080, Did you put it in her ass last night.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17786611
Retard Tier:
Believing god will take you to the heaven in the sky, if you're a good little believer.
Believing some divine figure will judge your deeds on Earth.
Believing in reincarnation.

Dumb tier:
Believing god works in mysterious ways. And while you don't understand it, you still obey, because god is to be feared.
Hating god because of all the misery in the world. Oh woe is your existence.

Sensitive fool tier:
Believing in the spirit
Believing things happen for a reason
Believing in energies

Insensitive fool tier:
Believing god could possibly exist in the vast universe, even though you have no reason to believe so.
Believing you can game the system by going to church Sunday, despite disbelieving.

Thinker tier:
Believing god doesn't exist, because there's no evidence.
Hating religion, because of all the bad things they do in god's name.

Divine tier:
Realizing that the concept of god is the idealization of the ego. A concept of a greater self, projected by oneself. And that it's a natural part of the human psyche. And so no one is exempt from the feeling that a god might exist. As everyone has that chip in their brain. All except for the insensitive fools. And by acknowledging your own ego attempting to trick itself, you can truly come to terms with the fact that god doesn't exist. Not because of faith in god's absence. But because of faith in your own ability to project your own sense of self into the world.

>> No.17789618

>>17788863
That's not all caps, brainlet.

>> No.17789650

>>17789612
>Believing god will take you to the heaven in the sky, if you're a good little believer.
this is actually the correct take, it's in the bible

>> No.17789665
File: 10 KB, 225x225, .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17789650

>> No.17789705
File: 100 KB, 960x960, 1458850584195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17786740
>>17787033
>>17786775
horrible posts
>>17786848
based post

>> No.17789718

Okay then, what evidence do you have that a god exists, and if you do, which one is it?

>> No.17789720

>>17786923
>The sun will cool—all suns will cool—the whole universe will run down. Life (every form of life) will be banished, without hope of return, from every inch of infinite space.
my nigga Cosmic AC will have something to say about that once all data have been collected, completely correlated, and put together in all possible relationships.

>> No.17789722

>>17789549
Someone please respond to this question. Everyone is responding to low hanging fruit but not this question. What makes not playing tennis a sport?

>> No.17789735

>>17786942
the bible doesn't say the earth is flat

>> No.17789736

>>17789722
Atheists worship communism and science and make the positive claim that no gods exist and that religious people should be genocided. If none of that applies to you you're not actually an atheist.

>> No.17789754

>>17789736
Way to not answer his question. Then again, you’re a godtard so that’s no surprise

>> No.17789762

>>17789736
Could you please answer my question?

>> No.17789765

>>17789612
>Believing in reincarnation is retard tier
there is actual evidence that this could be true though

>> No.17789768

why are atheists so cringe?

>> No.17789779

>>17789754
>>17789762
shut up and tip your fedoras some more poopy heads

>> No.17789783

>>17789722
>What makes not playing tennis a sport?
I want it to be a sport so I argue that it is a bad sport compared to my favorite sport, I don't care if it that is illogical

>> No.17789789

>>17786740
Abiogenesis is a lie. Do some research past what was in your shitty school textbooks.
>muh primordial ooze
lmfao

>> No.17789795

>>17789783
>>17789779
Pls guis. :(

>> No.17789796

>>17789779
So, what’s the weather like in 2015?

>> No.17789799

>>17789768
they make you uncomfortable

>> No.17789819

>>17789768
Not as cringe as you faggot ass Deus Vult LARPers.

I mean holy shit, the absolute state of trying to meme that faggy line into the Christian version of Allah Ackbar.

LO-fucking-L. You could run a galaxy on the sheer force of that cringe

>> No.17789824

>>17786740
Also,
>needing physical proof for a physical god
While God resides in everything, he is not physical. Just like conciousness
But let me guess, you probbaly think that is physical as well. No?

>> No.17789830

If you are a young man atheism is the default that is imposed upon you by a dying, failing society that really has nothing meaningful to offer, the existence of God feels infinitely more right to me than the alternative so I choose to believe.

>> No.17789851

>>17789824
>While God resides in everything, he is not physical.
Do you have anything that demonstrates this? Or is this the old ‘it’s true because my feely weelies say so’?

>> No.17789859

>>17789830
>we’re being oppressed
>by 5 percent of the population

There it is, the old persecution complex

>> No.17789958
File: 16 KB, 256x256, 256[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17789859
Did I say I was opressed ? .

Do you think the church can go against pop culture and propaganda and all the myths and lies about Christianity being spread? My history teacher told us that the church kept people in the dark ages from science and bathing until they rediscovered the greek writings. There was no one to even present a counter argument until I sought things out myself.

Just saying atheism is the default for most young people today they have to actively seek out an alternative if they're lucky to realize that they should.

>> No.17789960

>>17789618
It's tantamount to all caps, gayboy.

>> No.17789986

>>17786611
Either bait or retarded.

>> No.17789998

>>17789768
Because they're the sort of people who play video games.

>> No.17790011

>>17788968
At least i'm fucking something, incel.

>> No.17790022
File: 13 KB, 280x373, 1550264720682.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17786721
>>17787747
>>17788447

>> No.17790023

>>17789958
>Do you think the church can go against pop culture and propaganda and all the myths and lies about Christianity being spread? My history teacher told us that the church kept people in the dark ages from science and bathing until they rediscovered the greek writings. There was no one to even present a counter argument until I sought things out myself.
>WAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH I CAN’T EVEN BURN PEOPLE THAT DISAGREE WITH ME TO DEATH AND PEOPLE ARE MILDLY CRITICAL OF ALL THE SHITTY THINGS MY CULT DID IN THE PAST STOP PERSECUTION MEEEEEEE

Grow up. Faggot.

>> No.17790036

>>17789960
>get called out for being a retard
>double down
Why do you do this? You're anonymous, so ego shouldn't even be an issue here. You should have just stopped posting.

>> No.17790041

>>17786992
Yeah, if you’re a retard

>> No.17790056

>>17790036
Why do you keep posting then?

>> No.17790073
File: 109 KB, 950x1395, 1428445743076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17787029
>believe retarded claims made by other people
>"well you see, it makes no sense because God is j-just too great for us humans to understand h-hehe!"

>> No.17790100

>>17787029
>It also this unique concept of which nothing certain could be said
Unlike your heterosexuality, which is most certainly completely absent. That’s probably why you’re a christfag, they provide with the most gorgeous closet ever made