[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1016 KB, 1200x1693, DD4A4594-3A35-4B6F-AD94-3E27691FF337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17532233 No.17532233[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Where do I start with Shankara (pbuh) and how did he manage to irrevocably refute Buddhism at the age of twelve?

>> No.17532298

>>17532233
you eat chicken curry with some nan and have a good time

>> No.17532304

>>17532298
Gotta say, I hate curry and all spicy food. Even though all my life I’ve eaten spicy food and it’s in my genes to love spicy food, I simply hate it.

>> No.17532340

>>17532304
Anon you seem like a good person, tripfagging regardless, so I beseech you to please give spicy food another chance. "spicy" foods, like wings, pepper loaded foods, or anything slathered with hot sauce, deserve whatever hate they get
But the subtle spice of a curry is absolute bliss

>> No.17532369

>>17532304
>Shankara and Frater “I don’t masturbate” Asemlen in one thread
This is going to be a good.

>> No.17532372

>>17532233
Those are some seriously tiny swans.

>> No.17532375

>>17532340
Oh I eat it, the wife and kids love the stuff and my family as a whole (were Gypsy so basically euro-Indians ) can’t get enough of the stuff. Just not for my palette. Also apologies for the tripfagging it’s honestly just to archive discussions and the like. I would repost more seriously to the OP but I feel this is honestly a bait thread and not someone really asking for help.

>> No.17532380

>>17532233
Yes and dubs checked

>> No.17532383

>>17532369
We’ve talked before, iirc we have some basic disagreements over the implications of Vedanta that’s common in tantric polemics against it but it’s really not a big deal or anything too massive. I think I made guenon-anon read my break down of tantric ontology and I don’t believe I read him making any massive disagreements and in general the tantric problems with Vedanta often are rooted in certain nuances and some practice stuff. Otherwise they’ve had a pretty close relationship historically.

>> No.17532385

>>17532375
Tripfagging comment was mostly in jest
This is certainly a bait thread which is why I commented on the food and not the content
What is Gypsy fare like?

>> No.17532408

My person best against guenonfag was getting him to read a bunch of Mipham and stir his pastas in response.

>> No.17532416

>>17532385
Pretty good besides the spice, we have everything from the balkans, everything from most parts of Europe really and heavy Indian admixture. A lot of us fixate on russian, polish, Italian and even Jewish cuisine because our food is like us, we steal and grab ya know. Even our most iconic dishes like Sodmie are just stuffed cabbage which is just the same ingredient mixture to stuffed peppers which we also commonly do. All in all we’re usually pretty good cooks. I’m kind of bias though because half of my family is Italian Gypsy so I’ve a ton more Italian food than other Gypsy who don’t come from Italy.

>> No.17532428

>>17532416
That makes sense, some of the best recipes come from intersection of cultures and such thoigh
Do you have any more dish names? I'm going to try and make sodmie

>> No.17532432

>>17532416
jesus never mind do NOT look up "sodmie recipe" if you want to cook

>> No.17532434

>>17532385
You can even really see how much we mix European and Indian stuff in our singing/music. Here’s a couple examples.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4zZNblgBt08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQLdi0BEu_U

Here’s a translation I wrote for the second song.

First the lyrics

Samo so on dem les my chetay, besekh dotay na son katay,
Mek deles o’del poot sastipes
Cheto nav dotay dem les
Jhanav senay san tu signogo ondem tu chetay kho-gho-go, yoy chayee day sas nas-wad-eee, o’del akh-had-dad-La, ay woy Khid-ee.

Yoy senay namai rov, ashi-lan oy kho-ga-gho, yoy senay namai rov, Kai may sim cho Dod-o-gho.

Sokad trava bodi-lan, swako-phalo sut-jelan, sai booth druma tu pedan, lasho Ghom tu chedai lan, Bhoto avel yoy may chid em, Shokad Bodie may kai lem, akana devla sokadav, khogo-go may sim, ay senay namai rov, chimai San tu khogogo, yoy senay namai rov, kai mai sim naswalo.

Akad dan ma moogo tral, pendav poppo siday avav, ajes anen les my chenay, moogo nav leste denay, ay penday namai rov, chi-mikov tu khoghogo, yoy dotay kai may sim cho shawalgho

Translation

“We just brought a young one home”(my son was just born)

“It’s a heavy transgression that you aren’t here to see it, father”

“May God give him much life/vitality, your name have I given him, my Father.”

“I know my son you are young, I brought you home all alone, your mother was sick, God called her and she went.”

“My Son do not cry, because you have been left alone, my Son do not cry, I your father am here.”

“Beautifully have you grown, you have learned how to do everything “(that is required of a man, both economically and in terms of virtue, in all senses he has become a man)

“Many roads have you traveled, you have become a big man.”

“great was your wedding and beautiful is the bride which I’ve purchased for you. “

“Oh Lord now my job is complete and there is nothing left for me, my children have moved on”

“Oh my son do not cry, you are no longer alone, my son do not cry, because I am sick.”

“My son do not cry, you are no longer alone, my son do not cry, because I am sick.”

“My ancestors have called me, I said “grandfather I am coming to you” on this day my son has brought home another young-one” (his son has had a son)

“My name they have given him”

“And they said to me, do not cry, I won’t leave you alone, father do not cry, I am your son”

>> No.17532438

>>17532428
>>17532432
gushwara Is another popular Food and yeah bad choice to google. Kek.

>> No.17532453

>>17532383
Well, does it or does it not negate the Atman?

>> No.17532464

>>17532453
Tantra affirms Atman and nondualism according to itself harder than Vedanta does. The common Nondual tantrik critique of Vedanta is they aren’t Nondual enough and that they do not affirm the divinity of the Atman and of maya/shakti enough.

>> No.17532467

>>17532434
Listened to the whole thing, very compelling stuff