[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 76 KB, 1100x578, 3a4ed18a-f821-4f95-bb2b-1b57587f29bc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17529700 No.17529700 [Reply] [Original]

I have not been able to find the way toward reducing the selfishness in my heart. Perhaps the best thing to do is to not fight it. Sometimes things get worse when you obsess abou tthem. That's probably the way.

Also I found the most insane bread. It's some kind of sourdough. When you toast it it gets all chewy and... I don' tknow it's just delicious. I could eat only this with butter.

>> No.17529785

>>17529700
I hate women because i envy the attention they get from males.

>> No.17529819
File: 51 KB, 877x738, madmax.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17529700
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son. Husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next!

>> No.17529882

I think it has happened twice lately that a person has gotten an extremely high opinion of me, and then when they found out I'm just an averagely shitty person they were very disappointed. I don't really think actually being average is any reason for me to feel sorry. I'm not really sure how to adjust for this.

>> No.17529892
File: 457 KB, 1080x1175, gigachadgod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I finally "get" God after listening to Saint Matthew Passion.

>> No.17529895

Jimmy Dore just had a guy on his youtube show who said that we should be very suspicious of any "anti Chinese propaganda," that the Chinese are the only ones in the world challenging American plutocracy, and that we should beware of "human rights deceptions" regarding China

The fuck is going on, he's wumao astroturf too now?

>> No.17529902

>>17529895
It means American hegemony is crumbling.

>> No.17529924

We don't need hope. We don't need change. We need a god damn Xanax.

>>17529895
Jimmy Dore is going into some accelerationist shit lately. He's siding with anyone against American neoliberalism basically: boogaloo boys, CCP, Bernie Sanders, whoever he needs to work with.

>> No.17529939

>>17529700
Is this Roerich?

>> No.17529941

>>17529924
is he the new jreg?

>> No.17529949

>>17529700
>bread so good you can eat it just with butter
anon, that's all bread in most parts of the world

>> No.17530007

How the fuck did wrestling get a thread before philosophy and religion did?

>> No.17530053

>>17530007
lel when I first saw it I thought it said professional writers board and I thought 2chanmoot had started a psyop against the board. I can live with wrestling.

>> No.17530104

>>17530007
what?

>> No.17530110

>>17530104
He means a board

>> No.17530123

>>17530110
oh I thought for a second something in this thread was about wrestling and I'd missed it. Also there are literally dozens of threads on philosophy at this minute

>> No.17530132

I'm a failure at whatever I try to do. I wish I were above average in one skill at least, but I'll have to content myself with just appreciating stuff made by others like a consumercuck.

>> No.17530152

>>17530007
agreed

>> No.17530178

I feel kinda shit, life sucks and is basic, but i'm proud i'm not slipping down into that old depressive place, i just get on with it. Still... cant help thinking about ending it, i suppose that will never go away and the clock will just tick along. fuck it

>> No.17530444

What are some good books that explore the human ego? Outside of Freud/Jung material.
I'm interested in Stirner's work. But not sure where to start with him or if I should read other authors first.

>> No.17530450

>>17530007
Wasn't wrestling on that dumb secondary sports board before?

>> No.17530597

>>17530450
I completely forgot about /asp/. Why do we have TWO professional wresting boards?

>> No.17530767

I think we can all agree that Stephen King is Reddit but is his book On Writing any good at least?

>> No.17530768

>>17529700
I had a friend who liked me and I didn’t like her back—she wanted to keep being friends but I effectively ghosted her. Feels bad a year on, I don’t know if I should get back in contact.

I think like many people I have a problem with taking my pain and passing it on to others. I think it’s noble to take the pain and end the cycle (do something better with it) but I invariably end up hurting others.

>> No.17530825

>>17530132
I feel you anon. I mean we could’ve been slime molds, but we’re here against all odds, so that’s gotta mean something.

>> No.17530848

>>17530132
Learn to build things. Everyone can build things and it creates a million career opportunities, opens up tons of life experiences, makes you a better man. Plus there's always more to learn.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

>> No.17530864

>>17530597
Apparently this is effectively wrestling splitting from the other asp sports. Seems kind of pointless but I have no idea what kind of board culture was there. I don't see why wrestling can't just have a general on /sp/

>> No.17530876
File: 192 KB, 879x936, hero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17531018

>>17530444
Otto Gross

>> No.17531202

>>17529785
what are you fucking gay

>> No.17531788
File: 38 KB, 680x589, 54629bd8f0bc24c1fc64c278f1dd2050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17529700
I talked to a Ukrainian girl online for 6 months, flirted with her and gave her compliments deep from my soul, eventually she told me she went on a date with a guy, for a week, but it didnt work out in the end, we never established we were official but I told her we should stop talking. Now we have not talked in around 2 weeks, and im far happier, she was a whore anyway, and she is on my mind far less than before. To be fair, she really liked me for who I was, but the real reason I broke it off is because shes slept with 3 men before, and Im a virgin that turns 21 soon, and I want the same in a woman.

I am tired of my life here in the US, I want change so bad, I dropped out of college because of disinterest, pursued day trading but that didn't work out, and now I will go teach english in russia or somewhere in eastern europe, but I wasted the past 3 years after high school, smoking weed, masterbating inside this stupid fucking room all day, I quit weed 2 years ago, but I since I just stay inside my room all day being a neet, day trading included as your on your computer watching charts all day.

I paid for a services to fake job refrences, so I can start applying, I finished my TEFL certification just today. Im anxious now waiting for my refences to finally come in so I can apply, get an interview, then leave this life.
Even if it does not significantly impove, at least ill have some fucking privacy in my new place.

For some reason I fell for this eastern european are "trad" meme, but the reality is, they are just as degenerate as here in the west, going to clubs, parties, drinking, being bisexual, having short colored hair and piercings.

Recently I found I needed guidance, and more and more I find myself looking up to and reading material from the bronze age mindset "crew" like solbrah

>> No.17531798

I feel for the crypto meme and did some investing. I know that we're probably a year or less away from a total market crash, but there's a big bull run right now and I'll see what I can do. I just put in a few hundred, here and there. Let's see what happens. I'm usually pretty good at heading off disasters, hopefully if the bottom is about to fall out I'll get wind of it and pull my money out in time.

>> No.17531812

The days after you lose hope in a new solution toward your life's problems are really the worst

>> No.17531860

Recently I have an urge to somehow shift my career path so I can get a job in the government or study political science but I feel like it's just a stupid dream so that I can voice my opinions, which everybody has, and which doesn't make me unique. Also I would probably be ineffectual.

>> No.17531902

>>17531788
Bro you have a mix of self direction and determination, which is good, and oversimplifying, which can be bad. You should be glad you didn't e-date a girl a million miles away, that's a one way road to cuckdom. But don't be angry or hateful about it or her being a whore, just let yourself feel what you feel. Shit's complicated especially if you're young. If you liked her you liked her.

Not a normie either though, it's a good thing that you don't want a whore generally. Just don't become a meme traditionalist about it. It's just being a normal man with standards who wants a family.

Some of that bronze age mindset shit is fine if you're a zoomer who needs a place to start but for the love of god don't define your whole life by internet personalities. Have you considered going to church and getting involved in your community? Seriously. It's a good way to meet people, women even, and be part of something.

>> No.17531998

>>17531798
the market crash already happened in march last year dude, should have bought stocks instead of crypto you could have snatched up some insane bargains that would be pumping dividends rn, but instead you sound like one of those guys waiting for the short squeeze on gme when it was like two weeks ago

>> No.17532029

>>17531902
It feels nice to have a path in life I didnt have one for a long time, im suprised you knew I wanted a kids in family, I guess it is obvious, and my only desire is to find a good woman, and with determination and motivation, this desire will likely be fulfilled, I believe real man wakes up in the morning and works towards his goals.

Part of the reason I am going to eastern europe is because not only are the women there more attractive compared to the US, but even though thots exist, statistically they are in the minority there. I am not sure what the future holds, maybe once I teach for some year, I can continue the career, or find a different job with some connections.

Church in my city is dead, corona has made it so attendance is barely any, but even before it was only boomers, I went with my mother last month and a guy my age invited me to the youth group there, I said no of course being the antisocial neet am, my mother insists volunteering is one of the best things ever, the community is there with genuinely nice people, the months I went I had many people approach me, offering just help and to call them if I needed a favor, I never saw such kindness before and I was shocked. I guess part of the reason I didnt join, is because theres a decent amount of high schoolers, and I am about to be 21, so college aged, of which theres only 2-3 dudes.

As for BAM, i mainly just like their cooking, workout, and general healthy lifestyle advice, as for their philosophy, I am not too familiar yet, I think it is something to do with pagan and Nietzsche? I read the book but only took away that they like "beautiful things", it seems odd though and I definitely wont be following it exactly, or paying for any services.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, it is frustrating when you know exactly what you want, but not sure how to realize it, or do, but are forced to wait until things process.

>> No.17532079
File: 725 KB, 1852x2888, mzwaq6si7sy41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's pretty horrible how little faith I have in people. There's nothing objective about it, I fully recognize the irrationality of misanthropy in the same way I recognize full blown philanthropy in the deeper sense of the word as unconditional love humanity rather than donating to get tax breaks or whatever. In fact I do have evidence to the contrary that not everybody sucks. But I do not equate "my people" with "people" in general. At a certain point those boundaries were indistinguishable--all my friends were once strangers. Logically that implies that the outside of this boundary--containing nothing but trash people as my feelings tell me--must've initially contained my friends as a subset. Logically then, there is no basis to rule out that there are other people I might like, and it is only through some psychopathology that I generalize the mass of humanity as my enemy, hate my surroundings, view every stranger as a puppet and so forth.

I can only speculate that this pathology arose from someone within my circle violating my sense of human security--family turmoil, betrayal, abuse and so forth, and this seems to be the key that solves the riddle.

Obviously I wasn't always like this. I was once a happy, trusting boy. But something happened between now and then. And honestly I could spell it out but I'm not spilling my guts here down to every last drop . Part of it undoubtedly is self-hate, to the extent that I hate myself because I cannot but feel this way, hate myself that pessimism seems to be interwoven with my every fiber. I hate what I have become so I also hate what has caused me to become what I hate, which is a garbage society that only lemmings and the blissfully ignorant can truly embrace without criticism or an element of distaste.

What really sucks is the so called negativity bias, the scientifically researched finding that people tend to weigh negative experiences as more significant than positive experiences. I have experienced the good in people on many occasion, so why do I default to this state? That is probably the most frustrating thing of all. It would then make sense that someone who was given too many negative experiences would eventually become a supermassive black hole of malice.

Funny thing is that I mean no one harm and wish no one harm and will do no harm unless provoked. It's more of a spiritual sensation that within me I wish to see the world bathed and purified in mental fire.
>inb4 edgy
Yeah I know I'm edgy you stupid fucking worm.That is what I have tried to relieve myself of this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OspibMZgbsE

>> No.17532195

>>17529895
Well, it's surprisingly well-documented that the CCP is an oppressive, authoritative regime. As well, the Chinese people, disturbed and unhappy as they may be, have been living under this system for a few decades now, having emerged from an even worse system under Mao.
The Chinese way of doing business is inevitably merging with the American way of doing business. Some of the good and bad of China will slip into America, and some of the good and bad of America will slip into China. I think people like Jimmy are important because, in a world absolutely flooded with deceptive propaganda, we have to be constantly reminded that OUR system, the "good" system, also allowed Jews and career politicians to fleece the masses for decades upon decades, eroding the culture, destroying middle-class stability, and killing civilians in foreign countries in the process.
How does that compare with China? Probably not as bad, because it was backlit with an underlying "voluntary" aspect to the wider market; you could choose who you work for, and could determine your own lifestyle (pros and cons as a package deal). I suspect those options don't exist in China.

>> No.17532206

Worked quite a while on this poem, mostly putting in cryptography, hidden messages, gematric stuff and so forth. Be honest lads, how did it come out?

The poem’s name is Sweven Sweven Sweven (Sweven is a archaic English term meaning a Dream or a vision)

I Sing a Song of Sweven

Seven are the Secret names
Written in the White Welkin.
Ere Eternity the flames
Veiled in the black Void of Sin.
Eons pass, Evil conceals.
Nails of Night pierce Sacred Skin.

I Sing a Song of Sweven

Seven are the Sacred Seals
Wet With the blood of the lamb.
Each man Earns what he reveals,
Vanity Views not I am.
Each who Earns the holy Stamp
Negates his Name, like Abram.

I Sing a Song of Sweven

Seven Spirits of the Lamp
Weave the Wyrd into a Web
Elder than the Evening Camp.
Visions of Verses of Geb
Envelop all of Elphame.
Now Not even Naught shall ebb.

>> No.17532488
File: 346 KB, 1152x2048, 1613198775148.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17532574

Im afraid of females because they could see through my social mask and realize that much more sensitive and emotional than i appear to be.

>> No.17532580

>>17532574
Women have strong intuitions that's certainly true but they're not as good at it as they often think

>> No.17532584

>>17532574
They can’t see through you more than any other human can. Don’t place the abilities of humans on such a high pedestal, even the best and most superior humans are on a larger scale only slightly different to the average. Look at the world plainly friend.

>> No.17532698

>>17532580
>>17532584
That makes sense but even so its a defense mechanism for me to avoid intimacy and possible humiliation.

>> No.17532918

>>17530767
Read Miller instead

>> No.17532923

Why do I feel a sense of impostership in everything I hold as a personal outlet? I think I would shrivel up and die if my proclivities in the esoteric and /k/ related fields, for example, were just me deluding myself into a game of pretend all along.
>>17532079
Horrificaly relatable. Positive experiences with anything feel ephemeral and slide away with ease. The negative sticks around.

>> No.17532929

I hate myself. I hate being here, I want to be back in my room. I feel totally uncomfortable here. I hate to repeat something so trite, but this lockdown is fucking me up. I was scraping by before but now I’m grasping at air. I hate that everyone feels the same way. It’s ubiquitous. I hate this https://mobile.twitter.com/wef/status/1355591610202009603 I HATE THIS VIDEO’S UTILITARIAN DESIGN AND GAY MINIMALIST MUSIC. Things aren’t going back to normal. I hate that we’re shifting into feudalism but our overlords scream at us about how free we are. I would rather be ruthlessly taken over. But that would of course defeat the point. That would be too clear. I LONG FOR CLARITY. We’re not allowed to know who rules us. We’re lobotomized by media. OK back to that wef school video. They’ve been itching to really roll out online school. I read a pdf from 2014 maybe where they talk about the transition that’s occurring now. I suggest checking this https://www.weforum.org/reports out. Lots of informative stuff. (I’m not saying wef rules the world I’m just saying they’re a very prominent think tank that influences a lot of global policy in the West.) Everyone hates online school. Fucking everyone has fallen into a depression. We’re at home so we wire ourselves into the internet and algorithms reprogram our brain breaking down functions applicable to the real world and rebuilding those functions in alignment with the virtual world so the result is when we’re online we behave more and more like one of these algorithms and then irl there’s a disconnect because we have internet brain so everyone’s an autistic tard. BUT we’ve been made into great coonsoomers. Anyways I behind in my online class so I talked to my professor on FUCKING zoom and I told him how I like lectures and how I like taking notes and he told me he could tell I’m smart. That’s what KEEPS HAPPENING. I get behind and talk to the professors and they tell me I’m smart but I KEEP FUCKING UP. I was doing well before this shit. NOW I’VE FAILED A FEW CLASSES THAT I FUCKING PAID FOR. I pay like a thousand dollars for a class and then I fail and then I fucking hate myself. THAT MONEY IS GONE. WTF. The internet distracts me from school. But I hate school. And all the internet is doing is making me a slack-jawed dumbass. The future looks like this but worse. I apologize for being a stereotypical, edgy young adult. I had to rant and I now feel better. Idk what my future will be. Something fucking practical. An engineering degree? Or quit college, which I hate, and go into a trade? Either way dreams of something vaguely artistic are dead. Making it in the US will continue to be increasingly difficult.

>> No.17532992

>>17529895
Damn that’s actually the right take on the China question

>> No.17533026

>>17531788
Honestly bro, it sounds like you have a good plan. And 3 years of wasted time is nothing desu especially if you have a life lined up at 21. Most people on this board will waste away until like 27 and then realize, “oh shit, I need to figure my life out.” Most of those guys will have a hard time recovering and I lot of them won’t make it at all. And also I don’t think being a trad larper would be such a bad thing. If you actually follow that ideology beyond its aesthetic you’d probably have a good life. Yeah maybe it’d be kinda cringey but there are many fates way worse than that.

>> No.17533327

>>17532195
Yeah China is authoritarian but the US is probably at the same level. But in China it’s clear who is in charge and what you can and can’t say.

In the US there’s this myth that “the people” are in charge via democracy. This, among other things, occludes who is actually in power. Because this decentralized oligarchy is informal, it can exercise its power in a flippant way. An example of this is how Twitter bans right-wingers and says, “we’re a private company, we can do what we want.” But then during the election they worked closely with the government and media specialists to control the flow of information about possible fraud. The point here is, we can see how it’s advantageous for Twitter to remain in this grey zone where it behaves as both a private company and an arm of the state. It allows censorship to be fluid, able to change the rules it operates by whenever convenient. Chinese censorship is strict but predictable. American censorship is anarchic.

I think strict and predictable is better. The Chinese people agree with me. Xi has a high approval rating. You may decry, “that’s just because they’re heavily propagandized”. But consider this, under Xi the Chinese middle class has grown massively. Don’t you think they’d be happy about that? And they also get a far better education than us. Wouldn’t that help them be more resistant to propaganda? And again, the Chinese know they are ruled, they know what freedoms they have are granted to them by the state. Americans don’t think they are ruled, they think they have “inalienable rights”. This is absolute fantasy. If there is a state there are rulers and subjects. The rulers, being the ones with power, grant their subjects certain freedoms. This is never not the case.

As for the US vs China situation it seems clear to me that China will prevail. We’ve simply been outcompeted. China’s belt and road initiative when complete will have rerouted global trade to put themselves at the center. I think they will be a more respectable hegemon than the US.

US elites seem now to only be interested in consolidating more power rather than crafting a great nation. I think this will lead to a neofeudal system (“you’ll own nothing and you’ll be happy”). Meanwhile in China, as the rural areas continue to develop a middle class lifestyle possibly similar to 50s America will be available to most people. The 20th century belonged to the US but the 21st will belong to China.

>> No.17533339

>girl gets broken up with by my good friend
>she starts coming onto me
Why do they do this and where can I find a faithful tomboy waifu like in my japanese animes?

>> No.17533428

>>17530007
If we get a philosophy and religion board, it should contain mythology as well no? Then people will complain why there's no separate myth board.

>> No.17533457

>>17530007
Because philosophy and religion shouldn't have a board separate from literature. They are too inextricably linked, splitting discussion between philosophical and religious literature and literature in general between two separate boards is just a horrible idea. Fuck you guys and fuck you most of all because it's probably going to happen at some point

>> No.17533482
File: 547 KB, 409x772, Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 11.07.08.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17533457
What the fuck does philosophy have to do with pic related? Pro tip: The philosophy board would still discuss Homer and Dante, but not Kafka and Infinite Jest.

>> No.17533491

>>17533339
Try going on /x/ and ask about tulpas. From my understanding they’re basically glorified imaginary friends. What you could do is create a tulpa out of the waifu in your mind and you could just fuck her all day, you could even fuck her in public and people wouldn’t know. You’d probably like that huh?

>> No.17533503

>>17533339
She wants to use you to take her revenge or make your friend jealous.

>> No.17533514

>>17533327
>the US is probably at the same level
No, it's not. Holy hell, dude. That's retarded to the point of delusion. I can only assume you have no idea how free and privileged you still are, though the net is closing in no doubt. But the differences are extreme. How many of your friends have been sent to the gulag yet?
I did read the rest of your post and I see your points about the veiled nature of power in the US, but what I said still wholly applies.

>> No.17533533

>>17533514
>But the differences are extreme.
Ok give me some examples

>> No.17533549

Do you read books and want to become writer or just read books as a hobby?

>> No.17533599

>>17529939
no it's a swedish painter named Ivan Agueli

>> No.17533611

Skipped about last 1/3 of Judex. While this thing is a novelization of a 12 part film serial, I didn't really expect it to be as cheesy on paper as on the screen, so at some point I just couldn't put up with it anymore.

>> No.17533615

>>17533327
>Meanwhile in China, as the rural areas continue to develop a middle class lifestyle possibly similar to 50s America will be available to most people.
The fact that there isn't enough copper in all the world's known reserves to wire up another billion people to anything like suburban standards, and other such hard limits on natural resources, is the reason that most of the world is poor, and will remain so until industrial civilization burns out utterly and forever. This hasn't been news since the middle of the last century, though what's new is the hard selling that it could be otherwise, by whomever has the most to gain from selling false hopes of demographic transition to general prosperity where it isn't already in place.

>> No.17533624

>>17533482
>What the fuck does philosophy have to do with pic related?
Uh well, everything. What the fuck, indeed? If you don't see how discussion about any given work or author can veer into philosophy or become a philosophical discussion or sometimes vice versa, I dunno what to tell you.

>> No.17533633

>>17533533
China does not tolerate any political dissent, gulags are real, there is widespread surveillance on a level the NSA only has wet dreams about, need I go on? Your life is rarely in danger in the US even if you're a bit of an extremist.

>> No.17533643

>>17533633
Guantanamo Bay

Police brutality

Corruption

And so much more in the US

While China is more overt and 1984, US is Brave New World where the populace is kept in line through beards and circuses until someone snaps and then the programming re continues until it can't any more

>> No.17534229

Was doing fine for about a week, yesterday I was chilling with my friends and suddenly I got hit by a wave of dread. Stayed there like that for an hour, empty inside, before going home. I think I'm just too stupid for other people or it's as we're speaking a different language I'll never understand, and I often feel lonely and misunderstood. I wonder why do people put up with me if they notice that, is it amusing to them, does it feel good, their own affirmation through my humiliation? Maybe I would be better off by myself, sure I might be lonely, but only that, no frustration, no humiliation, no dread and, towards life, no indignation.

>> No.17534291

Something happened to me at 4-5th grade mentally like i suddenly started to thing about meaning of life, death and such. Is there a phenomena about it?

>> No.17534308

>>17534291
It's called the second birth in Vedic culture

>> No.17534310

>>17534229
It's just some form of depression or something, I get the same thoughts myself, like a demon attaches himself to me in one moment and ruins everything. Leading a solitary life will not help you, it's good to get some lonely time every once in a while, but long term loneliness will just mentally destroy you.

>> No.17534311

>>17534308
Does it get easier?

>> No.17534339

>>17529819
that's a shitty helmet.
who designed that helmet? It's completely incongruent with the tone of the movie.

>> No.17534347

>>17529700
>Also I found the most insane bread. It's some kind of sourdough. When you toast it it gets all chewy and... I don' tknow it's just delicious. I could eat only this with butter.
where do you live?

>> No.17534376

>>17534311
Not necessarily, it's a matter of how you handle it. This is why they used to have gurus and spiritual mentors for those who go through this transition. We live in the worst possible time for a second birth, but it can be managed. I can't really give you much practical advice I'm afraid.

>> No.17534461
File: 569 KB, 2560x1600, kek.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>thread about gatekeeping appears on /lit/
>the wiki article is vandalized the very next day

>> No.17534651

>>17533643
>Police brutality
inescapable consequence of an imperfect system (there are no perfect systems)
>Corruption
exists everywhere
>Guantanamo Bay
nice extreme example to point to. There aren't that many more though, are there? Whereas all of China is an extreme example.
Look, I'm not arguing that the US isn't pretty fucked up and has a lot of filth and horror under the covers. I'm saying there's far worse in the world, too. And the degree of freedom you can enjoy in the US, given you're not singled out for a sinister brainwashing experiment by glow in the darks, is still very high. Increasingly less so, but still.

>> No.17534679

>>17534339
that's just one of the assorted items thrown to the gladiators to use, i don't know about historical accuracy but it makes perfect sense that it's a shitty helmet and somewhat out of place

>> No.17534682

I finally found a good video on Scalar Curvature in regards to General Relativity. It had confused me when they said the Ricci Scalar was the average of curvature.

Basically imagine a set of geodesics (the shortest path between two points). They have a distance between them as well. In a flat space, the distance does not change but with curvature the distance can increase or decrease as you travel along the lines.
Now imagine a sphere traveling from one end to the other, placed inside the geodesics. The volume of the sphere will depend on the curvature : it will stay the same, shrink or grow.
The Ricci Scalar is the sum of all of the curvature.
So that, if you have a set where the distance between some geodesics shrink and some expand, it could still balance out to zero. Although in this case the ball's height would grow and its width would become thinner.

>> No.17534770

>>17534679
No, I mean it looks like a DC fanboy designed it for a porn parody of Thor.

>> No.17534849
File: 70 KB, 750x766, 1606595777697.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like /his/ but I didn't know why so many people hate it. Now I just realised it's because they're too redpilled and people that are complaining are probably non-white lefties. I think that's what people mean by white privilege: that I don't notice this stuff that hurts them. I'm happy to enjoy my white privilege by browsing /his/.

>> No.17534854

I hate myself for many reasons, but one reason that has been especially bothersome lately is that I'm beginning to suspect that I want my grandmother to die so that I can be free to kill myself. If my suspicion is correct, then I am a pretty horrible person.

>> No.17534864

>>17534854
You just want her to die, but not to kill yourself (you won't)

>> No.17534894

>>17534864
probably true, i won't deny it

>> No.17535028

I don't know why, but the fingers on my right hand are constantly cold, while the ones on left hand are of normal temperature. Best I can figure is that it has something to do with holding the computer mouse, maybe something about the position disrupts blood flow.

>> No.17535031

>>17535028
COVID

>> No.17535379
File: 7 KB, 216x250, 1610790073937s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

if there is a green apple lying on a table two metres away from you, how far away from you is this green apple?
answer: there is no distance between you and the apple.
explanation: the green apple is an image, created and perceived in your brain.

the apple that you see is in your brain and exists only in your brain. nothing that we come into contact with through our senses is outside of our consciousness, our inner world, our brain.

a picture that appears three-dimensional through clean perspective work is still as flat as the paper it is drawn upon.

>> No.17535441

>>17535379
you asked about the distance between me and the green apple not the distance between me and the image of a green apple you fucking retard and my metaphysics say the green apple exists which is irrefutable so enjoy coping while i enjoy my apple loser

>> No.17535464

>>17535441
there is no apple except the apple we see, which is why i have saved myself the pointless division into inner and outer apples. your metaphysics are a dream – mine are a waking dream.

>> No.17535488

>>17535464
>there is no apple except the apple we see
Go write a book and prove it and solve metaphysics o wait you can't retard

>> No.17535538

'how to get back at her:

do not ask her to meet before 20th february
even better, don't ask her to meet in february at all
meet sometime in beginning of march, play it cool
wish her a happy women's day on march 8
can meet sometime around march 12ish about a week after first meeting, play it cool
maybe try to meet on day of her bday, or day before, give her a small and very thoughtful gift
tell her you love her

disappear/kill yourself.

>> No.17535544

>>17534849
I only go to /his/ for the history book threads, and every time they're derailed by someone unironically claiming that youtube videos and wikipedia are better sources.

>> No.17535567

>>17535544
I don't think they really read books especially cause most of them are interested in state-of-the-art archeogenetics, which is mostly found in academic papers. From what I've seen, they haven't even read Herodotus despite him being in their sticky. But that's alright, I still think they are knowledgeable and smart, but not readers.

>> No.17535644

>>17529700
I'm not having a good time right now. I'm freaking out a little.

>> No.17535678

>>17535488
>Go write a book and prove it and solve metaphysics o wait you can't retard
quite simple. i'll solve the riddle of metaphysics in a few sentences: is the image of the apple inside our brain or outside of it? of course, as every child knows, the image is inside our brain, for: where else should it be? floating in midair? ridiculous, not worth further investigation. now, what is true for images is unquestionably true for all sense data, including thought and whatnot, from which follows that causality, as kant probably proved, is inside our head, too. if this thought was too difficult for you to grasp, let me put it in simpler terms, if that is even possible: if all that we have of the world is in our head, and the "outside world" is nothing but causal reasonings, which are in our head too, if that is the case, and it is, than i am right and you are wrong.

>> No.17535688
File: 299 KB, 989x720, 72FAB6E6-02FC-4806-AE65-476E29FC8745.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You guys ever fantasize about leaving the US or Germany or whatever other highly industrialized, existentially dead place you live in to transplant yourself somewhere like Mongolia, Tibet, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan or some other place?

>> No.17535764
File: 70 KB, 852x944, pilgrim.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17535688
Every day brother.

>> No.17535768

>>17535567
>most of them are interested in state-of-the-art archeogenetics,
They're not. Current work is really interesting, but they're only interested in specific periods and lines. It's basically the same shit middle aged women do by signing up to genealogy.com and making a pretty family tree. I think the appeal is that number and letter clusters makes them feel more manly. If they had to do the same thing with names, they'd find it frou-frou and not worth the time they put in.

>> No.17535807

>>17535678
You misunderstood what Kant said about causality yet you have the nerve to be patronising lmao

>> No.17535816
File: 14 KB, 225x225, 1602455775531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17535768
>makes them feel more manly.

>> No.17535826

>>17535807
the greatest minds have misunderstood kant and for the better, if i may say so myself.
your turn.

>> No.17535856

>>17535826
My turn to what? You're a brainlet with a pseud understanding of metaphysics and Kant already refuted your misunderstanding of Kant

>> No.17535883

>>17535816
I was imagining the gamers who also think ren fair is a date any damsel would love, but they could be trannies too. Trannies love to pretend they're women in STEM lol

>> No.17535899

>>17535764
Where would you go?

>> No.17535927

>>17535688
>going anywhere near china
nope

>> No.17536165

>>17533633
>China does not tolerate any political dissent
I don’t care as long as the country is governed well
>gulags are real
Who’s telling you this? If you’re referring to the Uyghurs then I can cover that.
>there is widespread surveillance on a level the NSA only has wet dreams about
So? There are benefits to this too. In large cities crime is virtually nonexistent.
>Your life is rarely in danger in the US even if you're a bit of an extremist.
You have to understand that so much of the dissidence in China is a bullshit media campaign. Best example of this is Hong Kong. All the funding the protestors get flows from business magnates that want the place to remain a tax haven. And Hong Kong only exists because the British empire created it as a node through which they can influence China. China should take the city back.

>> No.17536167

>>17535688
I regularly fantasize about running away from the city and living off the land, but I know if I tried to do it in real life I'd end up like Chris McCandless. I was in the Boy Scouts for a bit as a kid, but I remember absolutely nothing from back then and have no idea how you're supposed to re-learn those kind of skills as an adult. Reading a book about it is one thing, but you can't really learn that stuff without some practical experience. If anything, at this point I fantasize about making friends with some outdoorsman-like character who can teach me what I need to know to get out of this dump forever.

>> No.17536181

>>17536167
I used to have the whole go off the grid in the USA fantasy but after living somewhere several miles from any major city, surrounded by farms for hours on both sides and wilderness for hours top and bottom, I don’t anymore

>> No.17536191

>>17536165
China has billions of people. If something happens to you no one cares. During COVID they were building hospitals en masse and there was a video of one of their hospital collapsing. Do you think anything happened? People die all the time there with no consequences because lives are dispensible. China is bad even if you like being edgy and hate liberalism. I hope you move there.

>> No.17536215

>>17534229
2 years ago I was a full on shut in. I had literally zero friends except for my parents who I’d occasionally call. It was awful. Then I forced myself back into socializing. Early on I felt totally stupid and that I was too broken to be “normal”. Eventually that feeling faded away even though it felt like an impossible obstacle.

>> No.17536263

>>17533615
They seem to be doing well from what I can observe.
https://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-middle-class-is-exploding-2016-8O
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/30/chinas-giant-middle-class-is-still-growing-and-companies-want-in.html
I get you’re critique tho, I also think industrial society is unsustainable.

>> No.17536374

>>17536191
But it was because of their stronger government they were able to contain covid https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-53816511
>I hope you move there.
Nah America is my country even if it’s intent on killing itself. I’m just giving China respect where it’s due. The thing is all government is cruel and unfair. It’s not fair that a small group of people dictate how the wider populous lives. But that’s how things are. We get fairness in the next life.

>> No.17536391
File: 496 KB, 410x1080, e0c020647d2a33a8a808bff838a729bbf3688203c240cfee69989c63bb8ca8a3.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

feet feet feet

>> No.17536418

What do you guys do for work? I’m a financial analyst and I find it to be a big impediment to my reading and writing.

>> No.17536433

>>17536374
>But it was because of their stronger government they were able to contain covid
Also because like I already said individual lives don't matter. They can afford to take sacrifices where people just die because it's for the good of the whole. I don't wanna fucking die for the dipshits in my country, which is why I'm in a liberal country where the government is forced to value lives or people sperg out. I don't care about containing COVID as much as I care about my liberty and my own life. Seethe all you want about your meme fascist and communist ideologies.

>> No.17536478

>>17535688
Yes, who doesn't? But then I remember that I would die if I broke my leg in any of those places.
It's extremely cliché, but I fell in love with France. Holy shit, I love France so much. In Paris, 10 at night, drizzling rain. Cheap, cramped bookshops open, walking under jugendstil streetsigns. Fuuuck. And out in the country, holy shit. Just... it's beautiful.
I miss America too. Fuck, guys I miss America so much, but it's such a shithole, holy fuck. I'm in the hospital at least twice a year- I can never live in America again.
It's... Well, it's nice to dream, but if I'm honest, I really am in the best place (Germany) for me right now.

>> No.17536511

>>17536433
The fact that they care about the good of the whole is what’s allowing them to overtake the US. Also, “liberty” and “individualism” are spooks our lawmakers use to appease us. For at least 100 years the game in Washington has been to curtail democracy. Basically, their fear was that with the expansion of voting rights the proles were going to elect a Hitler. Read Walter Lippmann.

>> No.17536513
File: 1.34 MB, 3264x2448, Version 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17536478
I agree 100% about the French countryside. Here's a picture I took in Normandy a few years back.
If I won the lottery I would buy a simple farmhouse in Normandy. Time barely seems to move out there.

>> No.17536538

>>17536165
god, this is pathetic.

>> No.17536826

>>17536511
>overtake the US
I don't care you bugman faggot. I don't care about your shitty capitalism race. Hurrr big GDP durr fast internet. China has no cultural output. I don't care about any non-European culture because it's intellectually sterile.

>> No.17536838

>>17536513
The countryside in France looks quite nice. Same with Italy.

>> No.17536883

>>17536478
Based, I'm tired of those little bitches complaining about muh blacks in the subway. I live in a town near Paris that has a higher than average population of drug dealers and my quality of life is still in the top 30% in the whole world.

>> No.17536918

>>17536883
>top 30%
Lmfao what an achievement. I want top 1%

>> No.17536949

>>17536918
That's a typo, I meant top 3%.
>I want top 1%
In terms of wealth you'd have to be a millionaire, but wealth has disminishing returns when it comes to quality of life so idk.

>> No.17536976

>>17536949
I don't need to be a millionaire to have high QoL if my material demands are low dumbass.

>> No.17536998

>>17529882
Do you think you pretend to be something you're not and that's why this happens? Not trying to be rude, genuinely curious.
>>17529895
Anyone who frames one country as 'good' and/or another as 'bad' is not someone worth listening to.

>> No.17537077

I wrote a comment and did the captcha hit post but the comment never showed up, does this mean someone is watching me?

>> No.17537097

>>17537077
yeah I’m watching you

>> No.17537102

>>17537097
I posted in the george rr martin thread and the mods pruned it.... bros what did I do

>> No.17537127

>>17537102
It's illegal to post in shitty threads

>> No.17537218

>>17536165
Alright, Chang. Duly noted

>> No.17537257

>>17536883
Quality of life, a relatively subjective notion in the first place, isn’t the concern here though.

>> No.17537296

>>17536976
That's pretty much implied by my post so nice reading comprehension I guess.

>>17537257
There no concern here, it's a write what's on your mind thread. And when choosing a place to live, subjective quality of life definitely is a key factor, if not the most important factor.

>> No.17537314

>>17537296
>quality of life definitely is a key factor, if not the most important factor.
...for you.

>> No.17537352
File: 902 KB, 4032x3024, 3AFA3274-12B6-4AC4-870B-CFBF73CDAC05.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I knew it was wrong, but the urges were overpowering my rational senses. Now I am eighteen, having battled this sin for the last four years of my life, I feel no better for it. Pleasure is momentary, but the cost the act places on my soul is heavy. For a while I was able to rationalize it, ignore the pain I was inflicting on my spiritual being, but as I started to better understand my place in the world, and myself through gods eyes, I saw only a monkey, a primate, acting only through instinct with no logic, reasoning or motivation behind their actions

>> No.17537366

>>17537314
For everyone. How much of raise would you need to accept living downstream to a polluted river?

>> No.17537454

>>17537366
Why are you being a retard? The comment was about leaving a first word nation to go live in the third world like Tibet, not a polluted river in Camden even though the first world nation had a higher “quality of life” than both. You’re perfectly aware of what was meant too.

>> No.17537457
File: 2.61 MB, 754x1002, 1608792740376.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need ethnic feet in my life.

>> No.17537470

>>17537457
What color are they?

>> No.17537562
File: 1.34 MB, 640x472, 1607022900762.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17537470
Webm related is gorean, I also need her clothing soaked in girl sweat.

>> No.17537651

It's kinda cute watching her trying to analyze me.

>> No.17537734
File: 133 KB, 528x321, 0C42AFF0-2087-4DDB-88BE-5D85F14203BB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Well lads I’ll be getting off 4chan during the Lenten season again. Sure by disabling images I surf rather safely, but /lit/ has taught me the power of words, and aye—even words profane lend my soul a’tarnish. Going face to face against temptation rather than just running away is something I’ll try to do. Analyze why it is exactly I am influenced by the particular inclination that’s striking me. And one needs a pure mind for that.

Gonna try to use this Lenten season to rid myself of stupid habits as well. Just dumb little ventings of pleasure that waste time and dull the edge and awareness one must have. Like daydreaming so much, especially under the influence of headphone music. Throw an hour of prayer a day, it’s a lot but I’ve got time. Haven’t prayed much, don’t know what to say, been feeling a certain lacking of consciousness as of late. Just sitting still and contemplating things divine. If I really got nothing then just recite the divine office slowly. I think that hour of prayer will be priority—the main focus this Lent. I won’t be prohibiting myself from using the 4chan archives for looking at something really specific—I think I gain a lot of benefit from that and I don’t tend to abuse it. Helps to look up a book in particular and see what past ages say. That’s all anons

>> No.17537831

Why don't the mods play with word filters any more? I miss those days.

>> No.17537965

>>17537831
because that wasn't the mods, that was moot. mods hate fun. maybe except for swaglord

>> No.17537969

there is no reason why our civilization can't be subverted into something quite different. lets create a better future.

>> No.17537978

My life feels pointless, hopeless, and I am totally confused.

>> No.17537979

>>17534339
MF DOOM

>> No.17538001

>>17537965
I remember the word filters still popping up from time to time for a year or two post moot, might just be misremembering. Over used/abused words should get filtered on occasion.

>> No.17538012

>>17537969
Ok you go first

>> No.17538170

>>17536418
...do none of you work?

>> No.17538205

>>17529895
Is it that twink looking fellow who simps for China? I stopped listening to Jimmy once he started giving that guy a platform to shill his pro-China rhetoric.

>> No.17538228

>>17537734
God bless you anon during this Lenten season. I will pray for you.

>> No.17538244

>>17538170
It is the weekend, we are all trying to forget work.

>> No.17538323

tfw the feds are watching me and I can tell because my screen loads twice and small command panels are randomly showing up for a millisecond, all because I posted in the GRRM thread that the gay mods deleted

>> No.17538462

>>17538323
I noticed that when I type certain keywords on 4channel, my front facing camera light (the one that indicates the camera is on) dimly flashes for a second.

>> No.17538481

>>17538462
yup.. and half the time my comments I do a captcha for and post never show up, the glowies make it obvious

>> No.17538572

Any philosophy that dosen't account for the average person being a bread and circus, cart puller, who only exists to be taxed, will fail miserably.

>> No.17538608

>>17538244
Ah. You’re right. My bad. I’ll ask again on Monday, or maybe Tuesday.

>> No.17538651

>>17538608
You probably will not get much better of a response, not really what this thread is about. There are semi regular threads on the vein of post you favorite book/age/job/etc.

>> No.17538691

>>17536418

I own an auto repair shop, on the side I buy and sell cars and on the side of that I go to the diamond exchange and act as a middle man between Gypsy and jewelry shops since it costs me nothing out of pocket and I get to look at nice jewelry all day.

Usually in the shop I can just sit around and read stuff save for every few moments having to talk to people but it’s very low consequence/repercussions. No real way to mess it up and since I’m the boss there’s nothing really to worry about. Since the shut down and reopening I found the jewelry business a whole lot more fun and more active.

I get to write whenever I want really, I usually type a lot of long posts while walking between shops in Manhattan, but i find the beautiful jewelry and riches and nice looking people to be more inspirational for my prose and poetry. When inspiration hits me I’ll find a nice little corner and just write until I cannot any longer or I’ll write a outline and continue when times better spent ya know. It’s pretty nice.

>> No.17538763

"When I am working poorly, I am imprecise. Precision is another form of poetry."
- Robert Bresson

>> No.17538826

>>17537965
The desu and onions filters were after m00t.

>> No.17538841

>>17538763
CHRIST i hate him

>> No.17538974

I don’t get why so many people seem to think homesteading would be at all enjoyable. There’s a big difference between growing a vegetable garden and doing work on your house instead of always calling in contractors (both of which are based to be honest) and actually living a largely self sufficient lifestyle. Now I can’t really relate to the realities of wagie life, being a bourgeois dipshit myself, but my guess is it’s one of those things that comfy to LOOK at from afar, but would be miserable to experience. Like reading about someone walking through the forest in the rain at night. I thinking waging is still the better option for most people (there are definitely people that would fit the lifestyle, but they’re probably already out in the woods not posting about wanting to be out in the woods).

>> No.17539157

My GF looked at my phone when I was not with her. Again. For the third time. Is time to end? I think so...

>> No.17539158

I can't stop buying books. It's out of control. I bought another 6 books this week. I could have easily bought more, and probably will next week.
I've managed to really double down on reading through my stack this year, I was budgeting for 2 weeks per book but I've now consistently read at a rate of less than 1 week per book, but even if I take 3 or 4 days to read a book, I just can't read fast enough.

>> No.17539253

Who has done for linguistics what Kant has done for philosophy?

>> No.17539298

>>17529700
Everybody and everything derives from Hydrogen, all matter is one, we are everybody else and each other experiencing ourselves subjectively as different aspects of the same personality.
All mattter is one and this inate self awareness which manifests as consciousness is the same force which constitutes God.
Is this cliché? I have smoekd a joint lol

>> No.17539301

>>17533327
This isn't going to happen because the Chinese are going to jump the gun and do something stupid before they're fully ready to confront the US. They're going to do something dumb like invade Taiwan before their military can match the US military, and then the US and all the allies it's built up in the region are going to clean house on the Chinese. They're still not a match for the US by itself, they'd be doomed if they had to fight the US as well as Japan, South Korea, Australia, Vietnam, India, etc..

>> No.17539386
File: 57 KB, 576x768, 439a17c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Want to become a grandfather so I can impregnate my own granddaughter.

>> No.17539410

>>17539386
dang. imagining getting to ride that ancient piece of hardware. lucky gal.

>> No.17539413

>>17530178
same brother. Life is short just try to keep that in perspective, you'll be dead soon anyway. There is a comfort there

>> No.17539417

>>17529700
I was raised by my mom and sisters up until I was around 16. Sisters made me suck their toes as a joke when I was 4, and my uncle diddled me when I was 11. It took me a long time to realize that I'm probably not autistic, just a weirdo who drew a shitty hand in regards to family. I guess Cioran was right about being born after all.

>> No.17539442

>>17539386
New fetish discovered. I'll have to spend the rest of the evening exploring this

>> No.17539479

Anyone else ever feel like, when it comes to literature, just about everything that could be said has already been said?

>> No.17539515

>>17539479
“All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times“
- Goethe

>> No.17539518

I had this experience when I went out swimming alone in the ocean. I swam as far out as I could. It was just myself, floating, with the waves going over my head. I would take breaks and let myself float whichever way. The water was much calmer the further I went, but also colder.

Then, there was this sudden realization that I was all alone, in a large body of water and there was nothing else around me. I swam out so far, I could barely tell the direction of the shore. There was this surge of panic with that realization. If I failed myself, in the physical or mental sense, I would die. The conscious fear of drowning at that moment was the greatest fear I have felt to date. There is something psychologically unique about drowning. My existence in this body of water at that point became the most alien thing to me, surrounded on all sides with only the options of floating or swimming.
To diffuse my panic, I floated on my back for a few moments. I focused next on gaining my orientation as to which way the shore was. After spinning around for a few moments, with the right timing of the receding waves, I was able to still make out the direction of the shore. I began to swim back, focusing on the direction, making sure the power of the waves and current would not deviate my course.
The next wave of panic was the realization that I seemed to not be making any progress. I would swim, get winded, and it would not appear like I was moving at all. My legs felt like bricks. With focus and determination over a long period of time, taking mental and physical breaks, the shoreline finally came into clearer view. The time and effort to swim out seemed incomparable to the time and effort it took to return.
After a prolonged focused effort, I was still far away from the shoreline, but was returning to the more familiar distinguishable waters.

>> No.17539553

>>17539479
no

>> No.17539578

>>17539518
When ever a good fog rolls in I swim out as far as I can and just float there until sense of direction is lost. I have to listen very carefully to find my way back to land, focus on not making any sound while treading water. I have done this for at least a decade now, no idea how or why it started, it just did, never feel any fear, I feel very much at ease out there where I can see nothing but fog and water.

As an aside, most who survive drowning report that it is pretty great. Almost all talk about reaching a point where they just give in, they stop fighting it and they try and breath water, in that moment they experience a complete acceptance of everything and a euphoria beyond anything they had ever experienced, some even fall into depression afterwords due to the memory of what they had for that brief moment. This is primarily accidental drownings, not attempted suicides, suicides who live to tell the tale almost universally regret the choice the second they pass the moment of no turning back.

>> No.17539593

>>17539515
But have they been put to paper and disseminated?

>> No.17539595

>>17536538
I’m right aren’t I
>>17536826
The “shitty capitalism race” matters whether you care or not. And China does have a rich intellectual tradition people like Leibniz and Pound greatly respected. But I doubt you actually care about literature.
>>17539301
>They’re gonna fuck up dude, how can I be sure? Just trust me bro
Yeah ok

>> No.17539603

>>17530132
I would never utter such fucking garbage and I don’t think you should either. I hope one day you understand just how limitless the human potential truly is.

>> No.17539608

>>17529700
somebody help me pick out a fiction book, I write and read poetry but have not dipped too far in fiction what should I read? I'd prefer something originally written in English

>> No.17539610

>>17530178
Why do you just “guess” it’ll continue to be boring. It doesn’t have to be anon and I think somewhere deep down you know it.

>> No.17539614

>>17530768
This is your sign that you should reach out to her anon. You don’t need to think anymore. Just do.

>> No.17539618

>>17538228
Oy thanks. Likewise for you

>> No.17539626
File: 53 KB, 312x475, 8698010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17539608

>> No.17539640
File: 100 KB, 570x760, 2a81de8e4c51f61fec81098ac9c5c1af.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17539608

>> No.17539658

>>17539578
>I have done this for at least a decade now, no idea how or why it started, it just did, never feel any fear
I want to be like this one day but do not have the adequate inner balance or strength. I believe floating is an important mental and physical concept I have yet to master. The duality of floating and swimming is interesting. A break from that duality leads us to the depths of the unknown.

My only near death experience is almost drowning in a river as a child. I was fished out by the only other person there before I had the opportunity to realize the acceptance experience you mentioned.

>> No.17539675

>>17539608
>fiction
that's a fairly broad ask

>> No.17539709

Do we all fear silence?

>> No.17539710

goddamn thc withdrawal is annoying

>> No.17539721

>>17539709
nope

>> No.17539724

>>17539721
why?

>> No.17539735

>>17539709
Nah

>> No.17539813

>>17539658
I do not think inner balance or strength have anything to do with it, but I can not really say. To be out there and have my entire world be fog and water, hear nothing but the sounds I make, it sort of removes everything else and leaves me with a contentedness. Even if I can not find that distant sound of waves lapping on the shore or the sounds of society to guide me back to land, it does not matter, nothing is changed by this.

>>17539675
Just recommend one of your favorites and move on.

>>17539709
I love and seek out silence. I work second shift just so I can stay up through the night and enjoy it's silence.

>> No.17539831

>>17539709
No. Not enough silence in this world.

>> No.17539889

How do I stop smoking weed? I've smoked every day for 3 years straight

>> No.17539890

>>17539889
Just stop.

>> No.17539903

>>17539813
>Even if I can not find that distant sound of waves lapping on the shore or the sounds of society to guide me back to land, it does not matter, nothing is changed by this.
If you can not find your way back, isn't everything changed? I fear things I can not control

>> No.17539912

Is there any work or area of thought that explores the circle as the sole certain truth? I am interested in the concept of one is all and all is one.

>> No.17539918

Where are the female Asian feet? You had one job, OP.

>> No.17539920

>>17539903
It will still be a foggy day on Lake Superior regardless if I make it back.

>> No.17539932

>>17539920
I want to truly understand this some day. I think I am on the right path. Thank you.

>> No.17539939

>>17539912
Parmenides is your man, to a lesser extent also Whitehead. Arguably also Heraclitus but with a very different perspective on metaphysics. For the circle, you might want to check also the Pythagorician school.

Plotinus and Neoplatonists talk a lot about the one, but not in a monist (all is one) perspective. You could also check out Buddhist and aztecs metaphysics, or Chinese Taoism. But those are more about forms of monism/non dualism than about the circle proper.

>> No.17539989

>>17537454
>The comment was about leaving a first word nation to go live in the third world like Tibet
Not the comment I was answering to >>17536478.

>You’re perfectly aware of what was meant too.
I'm perfectly aware of what the post I was answering to meant. I didn't answer to the conversation before that post and didn't mention it. I think you just misread the exchange.
Even then, quality of life would probably be an important factor when choosing to move to a third world country. Even if you plan to live alone in a cabin you have to think about access to food and water, heat, etc. Not needing the comfort of civilization doesn't mean you're going to ignore your basic needs.

>> No.17539996

>>17539939
Thank you for the helpful pointer. I want arrive at some conclusion about dualism and the circle eventually and am interested in the schools of thought that have touched upon it.

>> No.17540126

Are any of our lives going to be worth anything? Will we have any meaningful impact on the world, on history?

>> No.17540141

>>17540126
We'll probably be remembered as one of the most astonishingly unproductive groups in history. Almost everyone is competing for success, we're among the few to explicitly cultivate failure. I say we're based, and, dare I say, even quite redpilled.

>> No.17540151
File: 2.91 MB, 640x642, 1608796807539.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17539918
I have a life you know. But here are some more.

>> No.17540225

>>17529700
I was trying to get Wingspan, a board game with birds, working in Steam on Ubuntu 20.04, but I Proton wouldn't start it up :(. I also don't want to tinker with Wine.

>> No.17540226

>>17540126
In the long run, it's all ashes.
History is nothing but a smudge of mold that can be wiped off.

>> No.17540262

>>17540226
Pretty ironic thing to consider on a board full of readers and wannabe writers isn’t it?

>> No.17540287

>>17540262
I don't know. I feel everything distills to this point eventually so it's important to understand it. I'm not even speaking from the idiotic nihilist perspective. Everything we know of came from ashes and will return to them eventually. Isn't that the truth we should be concerned with reconciling?

>> No.17540295

Trying to cope with the fact that I’m now solidly in my late 20s and have done absolutely nothing with my life. I’ve never even lived in the city. I’ve spent my whole life in various country places, doing well, nothing important.

>> No.17540299

>>17540151
Golly gee, those gooks look atrocious. They don't even look human.

>> No.17540306

>>17540287
I’m not rejecting what you’re saying. I’m just pointing out how it’s a bit ironic for people who spend their days reading what are essentially records of something.

>> No.17540314

>>17540295
You probably had more of an effect in those various country places than you would have had in any city. In the small town everything you do has an effect, life in the city is just pissing in the ocean.

>> No.17540351

>>17540306
> just pointing out how it’s a bit ironic for people who spend their days reading what are essentially records of something.
It is interesting. Why do we do anything in the short run if we can not reconcile the impermanence in the long run? Do we hope and aspire to have a permanent impact? Is it something like the butterfly effect theory playing out in complex systems? I've been thinking, if one subscribes to the butterfly effect, that may be quite a healthy and mind clearing means of carrying out one's life

>> No.17540362

>>17540295
>I’ve never even lived in the city. I’ve spent my whole life in various country places, doing well, nothing important.
Living in a city is not going to change anything. Note that many are paying a lot these days to find peace and freedom outside cities.

>> No.17540402
File: 40 KB, 637x467, Pickpocket, Robert Bresson, 195980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17538841

>> No.17540407
File: 2.36 MB, 1920x1080, 1608796401839.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17540299
not my fault you have garbage taste and is probably a tranny lol

>> No.17540421
File: 36 KB, 350x350, 350x350[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A monolith of steel jutting from the great sphere's crust, gleaming with internally sourced lights shone through crystalline portals dotted along its mile-long panelled sides. A thousand of them once obscured the horizon, a thousand thousands of them annihilate it. Once they formed a skyline, and then destroyed it, as there is no longer a sky, and thusly no longer a line. They bristle with ancient instruments and antennae, rusted and outmoded, their former purpose unknown to all. Confounded millions scurry their corridors, performing the daily rituals known as work. Who built the holy towers and why isn't understood because it isn't important. Their parallel faces outwardly glower at one another, collecting the tributes and sacrifices of those trapped within for their own mysterious purposes. Even those great conspirers, the schemers, the machinators, the unsuspecting priests inhabiting the pinnacles know not the forces they serve as they faithfully carry out their gods' will.

>> No.17540423

>>17540295
Eh, youths an illusion, here today and gone tomorrow. It’s better to focus on creating a family, some moderate amount of income to provide and cultivate wisdom and knowledge while you can. Enjoying your days as you wish. In front of old age and death everything in life becomes meaningless. Partying, pleasure, suffering, helping others, even wisdom and folly are ultimately rendered pointless before time and death. In this regard it is better to worry about the eternal, the higher, the permanent and below that to care about those things which last longer.

>> No.17540533

>>17540314
It’s not really that small, just sort of middle of nowhere. Not sure what impact I could’ve had, doing nothing of particular note and all.

>>17540362
I was just using it as a way to illustrate the depth of well, I don’t know. The irrelevance maybe?

>> No.17540598

I’m a frat boy hiding out in a room ‘cause our college security’s parked outside. We’re celebrating getting new members but we’re not supposed to have them in the house ‘cause COVID.
The whole night’s been bumming me out too. I’m too much of a sperg to really connect with everyone that well. Up to this point, I’ve been alternating between studying and standing around awkwardly trying to integrate myself.
It suck anons. I love my brothers but sometimes I feel so alienated...

>> No.17540627

>>17539158
Eventually you run out of space and it stabilizes. That is unless you're okay with having stacks of books in every corner of the house

>> No.17540648

>>17535688
The idea is romantic but in practice I doubt it could work. Also as that other anon said being in a country right next to China could go very badly within my lifetime

>> No.17540680

>>17535688
you won't last a week i guarantee

>> No.17540719

>>17540598
What’s it like living in a frat house?

>> No.17540771
File: 3.48 MB, 5312x2988, 1612980488170.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17532029
You have nice goals fren, I hope you succeed and don't lose hope even in dark times. Appreciate your mother and do something nice for her. I'm glad there are people like you still out there even though you're so young.

>> No.17540791

>>17532929
You are clearly smart, stay strong and stay above the waves so you can help others overcome this down the line. Right now all we can do is survive. They're expecting to be able to pile on this crap, bury us in it, and then for there to be nothing left when the smoke clears. If real humans are still standing, they're shit out of luck. Don't get crushed and don't ever give up. Survival is winning.

>> No.17540869

>>17540598
Update: we didn’t get caught and danced like like maniacs. I still feel awkward but man, that’s the happiest I’ve felt all week.

>>17540719
I live in a dorm rn, but from what I can tell it’s pretty chill. No one wears their masks too, which is nice.

>> No.17540913

>>17540533
>Not sure what impact I could’ve had, doing nothing of particular note and all.
Every person you meet you have an effect on, the big city lacks that. Mid sized cities retain this, reputation means something, there is not that other scene you can move over too. Actions still have consequences.

>> No.17541541
File: 733 KB, 589x742, 567568458.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What do people with aphantasia get out of reading if they can't picture what is happening?

>> No.17541558

>>17541541
Logical relationships, explorations of abstract ideas, intuitive knowledge of human archetypes, but yea it makes it hard to enjoy the pure spectacle of it

I like to read cosmic horror because the details are minimal, not much scenery going on there, it's all about the logical and abstract issue of ghosts and otherworldly entities and such.

>> No.17541664

I can’t escape sjw type women bros. All the women where I live are like this. Is it worth dating one of them? Has anyone here had success doing this?

>> No.17541818
File: 772 KB, 675x592, yeahand.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17532929
School is your ticket to happiness. You need-a-discipline. Try to not procrastinate, set a clear objective for things, like your essays, discussion posts, etc.

>> No.17541877

>>17541664
Some of them aren't so bad, the ones who are just along for the ride. Lots of women just do it because everyone else is doing it and they'll say all kinds of faggots and retards with you in private. I think lots of women do it the same way you say "what's up" when you get to work and see your bro, if that's what's been established as the thing you say. You don't give much thought to it but you could have said "hello" or "good morning" instead if your bro hadn't been a fellow weed lad who plays Halo. Women are like this but for whole complex ideologies and worldviews. They don't like to rock the boat so they just do what everyone else is doing. But this also makes it very shallow. Would you care if weed lad wanted to switch to "good morning" instead, because it turns out "what's up" means "fuck pakis" in paki and a lot of pakis come into the store so it causes confusion? You'd just switch over. Women can do that with entire worldviews, because they weren't that committed in the first place.

Real sjws aren't dangerous because they're sjws, they're dangerous because they're women who actually commit to something to a degree that they can't uncommit. The best women do this with something real, but that's ultra rare. Most women will do it with their family. Sjws have done it with something that isn't even real, it's a retarded fake ideology that they saw on twitter clips of MSNBC. Any woman crazy enough to sign her soul over to that is doing it for reasons beyond ideology, in the same way that if your weed bro at the store started coming in to work wearing purple suits and joker makeup you would suspect something is going on other than "he must really like the joker from batman." You would get the fuck away from that guy real fast.

In my experience the really committed sjws are a perfect storm of dumb as shit (because they can't see through the sjw thing and notice it's MSNBC pablum), but crazy, entitled, and spoiled/coddled enough to become more extreme rather than less extreme when receiving constant bad feedback from friends/family/etc. The problem isn't so much that they think policemen are racist, or whatever, it's that they have somehow managed to be a guy who goes around in a joker costume saying joker shit for years and never gone "everyone's treating me like a retard, maybe this is retarded."

>> No.17541947

I have a disciplinary this week because I phoned in sick to work. My baby was being violently ill, such as I've never seen, nor have I heard her cry like that. The manager who I got is openly hostile to me and the most pleasant she gets is passive aggressive. She told me I couldn't come in. She was repeating her justification when I said I understood and hung up. Now, management hang up on me all the time and I've got my sick baby on my mind. Well, I disrespected a manager and that's a stackable offence.

This manager had an argument with me when my baby was in ICU over something I didn't do and demonstrably so. She also chastised me for telling my coworkers when my wife was expecting because I'm there to work, not talk. Of course, it's OK for everybody else.

She has been kicking off about it ever since. Way more important than a very ill baby.

I also worry about the debt I'm in because I get paid so little and the government accidentally overpaid me benefits.

>> No.17542033

>>17541877
Thanks for the write up bro. I went on a date with this girl and she seemed only mildly sjw (I know that term is old but idk what a better alternative is.) So we’ll see how things go.

>> No.17542065

>>17541947
Know any employement lawyers?

>> No.17542084

>>17542065
My wife used to be one. One of the best in my country actually. The problem with gross misconduct is that it can be whatever am employer wants it to be.

I don't think they'll sack me. She is stressed about it. I'm more pissed that they essentially tell me that my baby can go to Hell, then they expect me to apologise to this woman, then have the nerve to ask how my baby is doing as if they cared.

>> No.17542100

>>17542084
Don't take bullshit but also don't sweat it too much. People acclimate to wageslavery by letting the evil of the corporate workplace structure and the evil of shitty people who thrive within it infect them so they become evil too. Their daily cigarette break is pushing some guy around who for whatever reason has become the official scapegoat. That's the one bit of joy they get in their downward shit spiral of an existence. Rise above it and try to escape, but don't see them as assholes on a personal level. They are functions of a system that they gave into and let twist them up inside to reflect itself.

>> No.17542410

>>17542100
Thanks based anon

>> No.17542418

>>17542100
I do agree with not taking bullshit and not letting said anger of bullshit corrupt you but honestly?

I do think it is their fault for giving into this system in the first place, just like other peoples fault too when they choose obedience over morals

>> No.17542717

I was searching for a book which turned out to be out of print.
The only copy I could find was a used copy. It's a <200 page paperback. The seller was trying to sell it for £47. I messaged them saying the most I could reasonably offer for the book considering the fact that it's a used <200 page paperback was £21.
And they very promptly messaged me back and reduced the price. And it's Sunday. I really wasn't expecting that. Really pleased I managed to haggle £26 off the book. I mean, it didn't even cost £26 new when it was in print.

>> No.17542822

>>17542717
good shit

>> No.17542833

I often check if a post ends with period or not. The period may indicate sometimes confidence sometimes lack of confidence. Someone very confident uses periods naturally to make their posts as correct and understandable as possible to others (whom he already subconsciously expects to be less informed than he is). On the other hand, for some posters, periods feel like a safeguard--like they may be wrong in what they said, but at least they try to maintain dignity via correct grammar. They're less confident than those who don't use periods at the end who obviously don't care how their posts are taken or interpreted.

>> No.17542936

"Been playing Zelda recently on my gf's husband's switch."
"Yeah? What's that?"
"It's a video game bro, fun shit. Wanna go tonight? We can tag team the girl after."
And so the four of them just played Zelda and Mario Party all night.

>> No.17542944

>>17533624
>CONSEQUENTLY everything is philosophy

>> No.17542945

>>17542833
Consider your meta joke acknowledged
That said, you seem to be lapsing on the meta of intentionally using poor/lack of grammar to protect yourself, via a "haha I'm clearly not very invested in what I'm saying and if you engage me it shall be you who's over-reacting and sperging out. Me? Take something seriously? I shan't think so."

>> No.17542958

>>17542945
I was thinking about arguments, not musings. When writing what's on one's mind with no intention of arguing, the use of grammar is no longer dictated by cognitive rhetorical artefacts.

>> No.17542989
File: 22 KB, 337x243, michelstadter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17533482
Infinite Jest talks a lot about sincerity/irony and the question of how paradoxical, if at all, it is to "try" to be sincere (is it inherently insincere once you start consciously trying?). This is philosophical, especially when you expand it into a discussion on souls and individual person's inertia of soul and shit. Also soul grounds (Meister Eckhart).
Kafka's philosophy lies in his question of self-worth, i.e. the conundrum of inadequacy. See pic related, Michelstaedter.

>>17542944
There's nothing problematic about saying there's philosophy in everything. It's like saying there's mathematics in everything, which is true. It's just that it takes the center role in some fields while merely being an aside in others. Same with philosophy. It's up to the reader, the discusser of the work, whether he wants to discuss the philosophy of a book made to be approached that way or a book where the author himself had no intention of writing something of intellectual, yet in the eyes of the discussing parties unintentionally did. Note that whether the author intended his book to have philosophical themes is irrelevant, since he couldn't stop it anyway, and whether his intent was there or not doesn't change the fact the reader acquired something of value from reading it. Only autists care about the creator's intent.

You clearly don't read books so here's a tl;dr for you: You could discuss the maths found in Harry Potter. If you're an expert in maths you could whip up something of advanced educational value based on Harry Potter. Post-doc fields of maths. The same goes for philosophy. It's not that everything is philosophy, it's that IN everything there is a part of philosophy. The same way there's maths, biology, psychology, romance, etc in everything, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Stop being an autist who can only think binarily.

>> No.17542994

>>17542958
>When writing what's on one's mind with no intention of arguing, the use of grammar is no longer dictated by cognitive rhetorical artefacts.
cute

>> No.17542996

>>17539610
ohhh fuck off. thats now how life works, im 31 how old are you? have you dealt with depression before? i know you're just another braindead product of todays ideals sold on marketing and "youre in control of your own life!!!" bro memes, but really, just shut up if you cant rub two braincells together to fathom how we don't have control over MANY.. MOST things in our lives, and most of them suck. why are you even on 4chan? basically, fuck off.

I think somewhere deep down you know.. you're a clueless cunt

(pls dont take this post too seriously, i love you, thanks for trying to help, but really, i've heard it all before. you're an optimist. i am not. we lead different lives)

>> No.17543003

Whats wrong with enjoying this sensory world?

>> No.17543011

>>17543003
Nothing. Pretending you stand above it is, in the end, too, a sensory satisfaction.

>> No.17543022

>>17537965
I distinctly remember "cumbrain" being filtered into "gamer", years post-moot

>> No.17543026

>>17543011
I think that nature and art are the things which are full of transcendance.

>> No.17543052

>>17543026
Many people derive satisfaction from exulting things they associate with nature as something greater than things they associate with non-nature. Analogously: They derive satisfaction from condemning things they associate with humanity and industriality as something below things they associate with lack of human touch. You may be a misanthrope; a normie-hater. Do you feel as though society wronged you? Meditate on the fact that you have no reason to blame the torturer.

I'm getting sick from reading my own writing so I'm chiving out here, have a good one c/lit/suckers, pretending to be smart feels tiring and disgusting and devaluating.

>> No.17543063

>>17543052
One last note: don't get hung up on the fact that art is a "human" things - to many people it is THE attempt of humanity to reconcile with nature - only natural that you would relate it.

>> No.17543095

>>17542989
tl;dr midwit

>> No.17543248

>>17540913
Eh. There is one giant employer in my town and I’m pretty sure everyone I work with there hates me so whatever “effect” I’ve had is not good.

>> No.17543268

It’s Sunday. That means I wake up dreading and thinking about my job again.

>> No.17543328

>>17543268
Live in this moment

>> No.17543338

>Have plenty of interests, skills and hobbies that I am in to and progressing in
>Archery
>Electric guitar
>Literature
>Computer science
>Miniature wargaming/painting
>Only ever seem to meet women who's interests are Netflix, the beach, degenerate levels of drinking, gossip and dogs
I don't know why I even bother desu

>> No.17543343

>>17543328
I can’t dude. I hate it. It sucks so much.

>> No.17543354

>>17529700
I am hopelessly addicted to the internet, particularly podcasts. I believe this may be because the friendly voices supplement the social interaction I don't get in my daily life. I finally got on top of my university classwork, but I'm still an underachiever and I'm afraid that I'll never be able to do anything particularly interesting with my life. I still remember talking to a woman in her thirties working the till at a clothing store who said she got a degree from the same school I'm now attending. The idea of one day having to do in-person classes terrifies me.

>> No.17543358

>>17543338
Your interests are for your own pleasures, anon. Why would you need the confirmation of a woman also liking what you like? Do you also need a woman to confirm that your favored foods are worth consuming?

>> No.17543362

>>17529700
Why do I attract fat women when I'm a thin guy

>> No.17543366

I hate literally everything about my life. My family is the only thing keeping me out of the grave.

>> No.17543376

>>17543358
Maybe my post wasn't as clear as I thought and you've reached a different conclusion. It's not that I expect them to like what I like. It's that I expect them to actually have a real interest. Literally anything. I don't care what it is. I feel as if I am interacting with NPCs. It's boring and tiresome.

>> No.17543380

>>17543338
Hobbies are for yourself, to feel good and to preserve your sanity. If you really want a woman that shares your interests, you will eventually meet her through the hobby. If what you really want is a woman, then embrace the fact a good relationship is first and foremost based on mutual respect, and that it's possible for you to do your thing and her to do her thing and still be a very happy couple.
Although if she is into degenerate levels of drinking past the age of 25, then she is very likely more trouble than worth.

>> No.17543388

>>17543376
Ah sorry. In that case honestly, you really shouldn’t be looking for substance in a woman. I know that sounds harsh but the primary value in a woman is her role in the home, the aesthetic and her feminine qualities. In general women are rather hollow. The average person is hollow in general but women are often more so.

As harsh as it sounds, you just have to accept that’s how most people are and treat them accordingly.

>> No.17543403

>>17543376
>>17543380

By the way op, as from my and this fellows post, your writing implies that you do hobbies for women. It wasn’t clear that you’re saying you don’t know why you try with women.

But yeah again, most women and people in general are just hollow. What I don’t get is how they can sit and talk to each other when they don’t even have any interests. So many of them don’t even have any real interests in even the media they consume. It’s hard for me to understand how they can sit and talk about the same topics and people over and over and over continuously without tiring.

>> No.17543408

>>17543403
damn you’re smart

>> No.17543416

>>17543408
?

>> No.17543432

>>17543376
loool yeah it read to me like you're a wet-eyed nerd & the girls you meet are sort of cool dalston flat types

>> No.17543434

>>17543416
you’re clever and unique and interesting and probably very handsome
I can’t believe you aren’t more successful in your life it’s a tragedy honestly

>> No.17543438

>>17543343
What do you do?

>> No.17543439

Everything i do, i think or say is just an excuse not to do the life-tasks. I even think that i talked myself into depression just to have excuse to avoid doing it and avoid communication at any given moment.

>> No.17543442

>>17543403
It's a method of prying for information, somewhat like those long interrogations, only they are not aware of doing it, it's simply that natural to them. After all, a woman survives thanks to the knowledge about the people that surround her and how she can manipulate them.

>> No.17543449

>>17543434
I’m actually pretty materially successful, I’m a business owner, I have side businesses I enjoy, wife, kids, home, multiple cars, jewelry, large family and so forth. There’s literally nothing that I long for materially.

>> No.17543452

>>17543403
hey frater does N talk about you here >>17542714

>> No.17543463

>>17543452
Kek

>> No.17543465

>>17543438
“Data analyst”, mostly finance and accounting shit.

>> No.17543470

>>17543449
you deserve a lot more honestly the world isn’t fair you have a glittering intellect and the world owes you Don’t settle it isn’t fair

>> No.17543479

>>17543470
Fairness doesn’t exist in the world and never shall, wealth and riches is a curse as is poverty, my intellect is likely below average and I’ve always found material desire distasteful.

>> No.17543487

>>17543465
That doesn't sound too bad

>> No.17543495

>>17543479
>my intellect is likely below average
Do you really think you're lower than 100 IQ? How can someone below average IQ read philosophy? Or what do you mean by intellect?

>> No.17543498

>>17543479
and you’re humble? I just can’t get over you

>> No.17543504
File: 1017 KB, 715x1400, 1605840440427.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17539918
i live in [undisclosed location in asia]. my family has a part time maid. she's 19. she's fucking cute. every day she comes to the house wearing flip flops which she leaves outside and works in the house barefoot. her feet are fucking beautiful. the flip flops have the imprints of her toes on them. i want to steal them and cum all over them and leave them for her to find.

>> No.17543529

>>17543495
>Do you really think you're lower than 100 IQ?

I wouldn’t be surprised, considering I’m a Gypsy and the vast majority of my family is illiterate. I’m sure if the average person read and memorized for the same amount of time as I, they’d have greater knowledge than I.

>How can someone below average IQ read philosophy?

Fluid intelligence vs crystalline intelligence. General intellect is a different beast from studying and contemplating/integrating things (division into parts and integrating them being what intellectual understanding fundamentally is)

>Or what do you mean by intellect?

Fluid intelligence, memory, skill in language, mathematics and so forth, capacity for higher crystalline intellect. I personally believe I’m probably at or below average but constant reading and contemplating carries the weight. As I said I’m sure if the average person read the sources I shill they will likely do better.

>> No.17543542

>>17543529
why do you use a trip

>> No.17543549

>>17543542
To save conversations, save critique, key posts, arguments, recommendations and so forth. Also a matter of sentimentality, a group of friends of mine would all use the frater name and though we no longer speak regularly, I still like it. If there was no archive I wouldn’t use it.

>> No.17543554

>>17543549
a beautiful soul please stay beautiful for me

>> No.17543569

>>17543403
>your writing implies that you do hobbies for women
Yeah I can see that, not the case however. I'm just looking for someone who wont bore me to tears. I've had a few relationships and once the initial, novel interest of fucking eachothers brains out wears of it becomes boring.
>Talk about all the things I've done in the day
>"What did you do today?"
>"Oh, watched netflix and drank wine with the girls lol"
>"Cool..."

>But yeah again, most women and people in general are just hollow
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I don't even know if I am expecting too much from people. Perhaps I am. It seems like most people just fulfil their basic needs and then consume passive entertainment the rest of the time. It's one of the worst realisations you can have.

>> No.17543584

>>17543529
Different anon. I've seen your posts in various threads and I don't always agree with you.
I've done the WAIS-IV in adulthood in a clinical setting and scored in the mid-120s. Perceptual Reasoning (the section most strongly correlated with fluid intelligence) was my highest scoring section. My perceptual reasoning score was 1 point higher than my score on an online raven's progressive matrices, which I took as a good indication that that online RPM was pretty reliable. A friend of mine who is nowhere near as intellectually inclined as us, scored 110.
Perhaps I'm wrong, and maybe you are just erudite and presenting high crystallised intelligence, but I strongly doubt your (fluid) IQ is below average.
Consider the possibility that you have an above average IQ but a specific learning difficulty that somewhat hampers you - something which is more common amongst, but not exclusive to, people on the autism spectrum.

>> No.17543596

>>17543584
it’s called false modesty it’s a very common social trick used by people who are suddenly wary of being seen as arrogant

>> No.17543620

>>17543596
It doesn't really help that the other anon was persistently buttering him up in this thread.

>> No.17543626

>>17543487
On the surface, but be assured it is hell.

>> No.17543630

>>17543584
Eh I don’t really have any difficulties learning anything in my experience, I had an iq test done some time ago but I don’t really believe the results. Call me bullshit but irl it scored 143. I don’t believe it since again, crystalline intelligence and the unrealistic nature of that score. I know I’m not autistic because every few years I try to get myself checked out, I’ve never had any mental illnesses but I’m always on the look out. People like us who study much are always in danger of driving ourselves off the deep end.

>>17543596
Oh no I’m definitely pretentious, elitist and arrogant, I’m just not under any illusions about myself. Again I’m sure if the average person really cared to; they would easily exceed me.

>> No.17543661

>>17543529
Do this if you have 25 minutes: https://test.mensa.no/
It's not TOO off the mark despite it being free.

>> No.17543671

>>17543661
Oh nevermind I saw you posted here >>17543630 143. Doesn't sound unreasonable. I'd have also expected at least 130.

>> No.17543681

>>17543626
Sorry anon, I won't ask you further so you don't have to think about it in your weekend.

>> No.17543699

>>17543661
>>17543671
I’ll try to take it later anon. I don’t really buy online tests since ya know, they over estimate. But I’ll give it a go.

>> No.17543804

>>17529700
>write a story
>worried people I know will read too much into it and think it's about them
help

>> No.17543878

>>17543439
same. i dont know what to do. not enough courage.

>> No.17543889

>>17543804
Write under pseudonym and don't share with people that know you.

>> No.17543895

Do you think medieval, ancient, pre-ancient, and so on, peoples suffered existentially to the degree that we do?

>> No.17543916

>>17543895
They didn't. It's a modern issue that is brushed under the rug by neoliberals and shoving into your face GDP figures.

>> No.17543977

>>17543889
>people that know you
who else would read my book?

>> No.17544003

There's not enough of a focus on cultural mythos for young people in America, and probably other countries as well. Young people should hear the heroic tales from their respective culture like Beowulf to inspire heroic desires and an interest in strength

>> No.17544007

>>17543977
If you put effort in advertising yourself online, someone will read it. Not in great numbers, but at least it will not be just people holding back their honest opinion so they won't hurt you.

>> No.17544010

>>17544007
>advertising
cringe neolibspeak

>> No.17544017

>>17544007
>If you put effort in advertising yourself online
if I don't have the money for ads, that's just shilling.

>> No.17544061

>>17544017
I don't know what to tell you, I feel stupid now for even trying. People used to have been happy to grasp any chance of succeeding in something, you seem to be more interested in creating obstacles for yourself.

>> No.17544063

>>17536998
>Do you think you pretend to be something you're not and that's why this happens? Not trying to be rude, genuinely curious.
to an extent I think so, sure. But mostly I think it's just that what comes off as humility is actually a kind of self-obsession.

>> No.17544108

>>17544061
okay, that's fair I guess.

>> No.17544156

Guys we're over the bump limit~ the ship is sinking :<

>> No.17544192

>>17544156
But I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

>> No.17544211

>>17543916
Several years ago I went to a place where you could see a perfectly dark sky, no industrial light pollution and I just can’t even describe the impact it had on me. I had never seen anything like that. One of the things that I suddenly realized is that for most of human history, people saw this not just occasionally but often. In that moment, I realized how unbearably disconnected we are from anything natural, normal, soulful, nourishing, and otherwise important. It was t just the pretty picture or the colors or any of that. It was this feeling of being connected to and part of something that’s so much bigger and more important than I am. Suddenly, it made sense to me why the Greeks used to look up at Mt. Olympus and say “That’s where the gods live”. I’ve felt like life in the modern world was a sincerely hellish existence ever since and once more I will contemplate extinguishing myself tomorrow morning at 8 am before I seat myself at my computer for another day of spreadsheets. How much longer I can bear it, I just don’t know.

>> No.17544874

Do "people" really let themselves get depressed by the annual mid-February marketing campaign?

>> No.17544959

christian mysticism: is it a treasury or is it a tomb?

>> No.17544975

>>17544959
threads past their bump limit on page 9: are they worth replying to?

>> No.17545306

>>17532206
>alliteration
why do anglos love that shit so much?

>> No.17545327

>>17545306
alliteration is actually a hallmark of old Germanic poetry in general.

>> No.17545351

>>17544975
Yes: If you cannot have it, have a desire for it! And if you cannot have the desire for it, desire to desire!

>> No.17545387

>>17545351
I desire for this thread to archive right after this reply.

>>17544874
for the record it took me over an hour to realise you were talking about Valentine's day. I'd completely forgotten about that.