[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 334x506, 1610275027387.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17463528 No.17463528 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>finish work on Friday evening
>go to supermarket for a large shop (walking around the shiny building on a cold evening with lots of time between myself and Monday seems like the weekend's peak)
>spend evening on internet, vidya, finishing Serotonin by Houellebecq
>browse internet on phone in bed very late, watching society return to a centralised media ecosystem
>wake up on Saturday morning
>play vidya
>go for a joggerino
>eat food, including chocolate
>browse internet
>play vidya
>browse internet and eat food
>browse internet in bed
>sleep
>woke up an hour ago, browsed internet
>unsure whether to go for a long walk or not

Feels sad that the world is regressing to establishment media domination through government intervention. And this is just the beginning. I'm not looking forward to my taxes funding lower midwit 'local journalists'. The BBC will always be funded through tax in some manner (the defunding campaign will never succeed). Acceleration would be funny if it wasn't the cause of high taxes.

I had this moment last night where I was playing vidya and this memory resurfaced of me at university during a series of first year classes that lasted for part of a term. Nothing notable happened, it was just a consistent room, time of day, time of year, and weather where I was an ugly pathetic loser, and which embedded deep in to me.

A few weeks ago, in a videogame, this really bland area with grey walls and clouds, along with music in another game I'm playing (a kind of corporate / preppy overworld theme in a game that combines youth and sunny days with a dark theme) triggered this memory of bored days in my teens that made me realise how wasted my youth was. That was unpleasant. I just wanted to bing bing wahoo.

I read a novel and it was enjoyable but ultimately insubstantial. I mainly read non-fiction now. My attention span has been unharmed by the internet but I retain little because I don't really care.

I have been enjoying the Moldbugnaissance.

>> No.17463533

>>17463528
Marxists did this

>> No.17463636

>>17463533
Truly the marxist made it so that I can enjoy renting movies on streaming websites in my rented room of which I don't own the furniture, they made it so that I can rent an uber to get to a store and buy food that will give me cancer - but I guess it's the marxist's fault that I can't afford better food because of all the things I have to rent and not own to go on basic fucking surviving. Surely the marxists are selling you videogames and cancer food, surely the marxists have made working hell on earth. Surely the marxists sold you all those escapist products as a kid that turned you into a subhuman narcissist unable to interact with people when you became an adult.
Surely it was the marxist. After all, they have been in charge all these years!