[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 1647x2240, Sigmund_Freud,_by_Max_Halberstadt_(cropped).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17361253 No.17361253 [Reply] [Original]

Is this hack worth reading?

>> No.17361300

ngmi with such a mindset you dork

>> No.17361317

>>17361300
nice answer

>> No.17361485

>>17361253
Really weird that people think freud was a hack. He's literally the foundation of psychology today.

>> No.17361517

>>17361253
Yes, but not for his ideas, only to see how he projected his jewish neuroticisms onto all humanity.
>>17361485
But psychology is peak pseudoscience, so that definitely makes him a hack.

>> No.17361539
File: 113 KB, 1152x604, siggy 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17361253
psychoanalysis is the true and final redpill. in fact Freud was so based that he has people seething to this day. make sure to read Jung when you're done with Freud.

>> No.17361551

>>17361539
Jung and Freud are incompatible. Really bad take, anon.
>psychoanalysis is the true and final redpill.
If you mean seeing the extent of jewish subversion then sure I guess

>> No.17361571

>>17361551
>I need all my authors to agree with each other!
thats the real bad take. they both made important contributions to the study of the psyche, so naturally it is important to understand both of their perspectives. also Jung's Aryanism balances out Freud's subversive Judaism -- yet another reason to read both.

>> No.17361688

Talking is fine, but then you get jews, women and glorified simps, ie intellectuals to talk and talk and to never ever shut up.

THen it gets, worse, the psychologists view themselves as savatns, as scientists, so they publish garbage '''''''''''''''''''''''research'''''''''''''''''''''and their only view in life is that people have problems, so the more those jews talk the more they have to make any little annoyance into a massive problem

ANd in a republic where the bourgeois manage to get the plebs care about politics and editorials and the media and the journalists, you have a resonance box of whinings by vaginas and jews and simps

THis is why the bourgeois republic is the highest form of government: the government by jews vaginas and simps, for the jews vaginas and simps.

>> No.17361910

Civilization and its discontents is basically a philosophy work... also its the best freud i've read without the baloney. We take for granted that the mind has a subconscious and we cant fully know our own minds. Not much of that is in civ and disc but it provides the basis for the way civilization suppresses bad thoughts via guilt. And that that isnt entirely a good or bad thing.

>> No.17361971

>>17361253
He is, and you'll be surprised at how different he is from the common public perception of him.

If you are looking for somewhere to start he himself wrote "Outline of Psychoanalysis" which is about 100 pages and summaries his final views on this theory.

The Introductory Lectures are also a great place to start. But if you want to skip all the intro stuff and get into it, there is no better place than On the Interpretation of Dreams.

The most surprising thing is how easy it is to read. Freud is an extremely good writer, which I didn't expect after having spent time with other Germans like Kant, Hegel, Heidegger, Husserl, Habermas and so on. His prose has a lot more in common with Darwin's style than any of the great German philosophers.

The other surprising thing is that that book is before he's come up with most of his iconic terminology, you aren't going to get things like ego and id here.

Anyways, yes, he's worth reading.

>> No.17363483

>>17361253
How could you think he's a hack without even reading him?

>>17361517
Ah, I see. It seems you already have your mind made up and know the answer to your question sooooooo what the fuck are you making this thread for ? lmao

>> No.17363726

read an interview with Frederick Crews or even his biography of Freud, he was one of the popularizers of Freud for literary analysis but later turned on him

>> No.17363899

Read him if you have some mental problems or clogged up trauma you want to untangle

>> No.17364591
File: 15 KB, 220x308, 220px-SMITH-Wolfgang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No. Don't waste time on Jung either. Read Plato, Augustine and Aquinas.