[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 43 KB, 480x553, mishima.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17310645 No.17310645 [Reply] [Original]

been reading Runaway Horses, Iinuma's fervor and the league of the divine wind incendiated my soul with the desire to believe in something but everywhere I look unlike Isao I only see people with boring ideas of life and no real values, morals or something they strongly believe in, just consume, hold no strong stances on anything, consume again. Did this book fuck my brain up? Is there something I can read that will heal me of this pessimism?

>> No.17310913

>>17310645
Los siete locos

>> No.17311033
File: 177 KB, 907x1360, 71aLLX5lYcL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you are a romantic in post-history, you can either continue to larp or face reality and read kojeve

>> No.17311068

"Man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible within himself, though both that indestructible something and his own trust in it may remain permanently concealed from him."

Maybe read some extremely foreign novels - for me, Chinese novels work - because their values are so different from our own that it helps to reveal how it is that even people who apparently stand for nothing have strong opinions and ideals. Right now you are the proverbial fish asking what water is.

Every day that you live in your culture, whether you resist or not, you are defending or attacking an ideal. It is merely a failure of creativity that you believe that you do not believe in something, or that ideology is not in some respect controlling your life.

You do not need to lead a revolution to defend an ideal.

>> No.17311093

>>17310645
you have to, and i say this with absolutely no malice, kill yourself. That's the only outcome for Isao's in a post modern world. You won't tho. If you don't understand why you aren't an Isao esque man then you need to finish the teratology.