[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 176 KB, 602x516, 1580992703220.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17067357 No.17067357 [Reply] [Original]

What would Guenon and the Traditionalist school make of the modern Iranian theocracy? Is it a degenerated and firmly modern thing or would they approve of it as a revitalizing, militant return of Tradition?

>> No.17067368

Also what did Guenon think about Shi'ism?

>> No.17067377

>>17067357
Maybe Seyyed Hossein Nasr has a take on this, being the chief Guenonian alive and also Iranian by birth

>> No.17067408

>>17067357
Dam, look at that image, Traditionalism is basically just one big cope of the lower classes towards the tradition of higher learning.

>> No.17067427

>Evola
Disgusting monotheism, Islam like Christianity is a satanic inversion of tradition. Even worse, it's a society run by pr*ests! Their warrior caste is stunted and atrophied and little more than an extension of mercantile greed!

>Guenon
Wowie, a heckin oriental mystical initiatory cult! I bet their secrets are literally just freemasonry meets gnosticism, like every religion actually is!

>> No.17067592 [DELETED] 

>>17067368
I dont he wrote about it, but Evola was fond of it

>> No.17067596

>>17067368
I dont think he wrote about it, but Evola was fond of it

>> No.17067599

>>17067357
I wonder if either Guénon or Evola ever said anything about Zoroastrianism. I guess they'd think it's a discount version of hinduism, or just an almost dead tradition, but still.

>> No.17067605

>>17067599
>discount version of hinduism
how

>> No.17067611

>>17067357
>Is it a degenerated and firmly modern thing or would they approve of it as a revitalizing, militant return of Tradition?
Probably a bit of both. Better than most other current regimes, but still pretty degenerate and modern.

>> No.17067634

>>17067599
Probably more like a reformed version than a discount one

>> No.17067643

>>17067634
Reformed can still mean degenerated though.

>> No.17067653

>>17067643
Perhaps from a certain perspective. Admittedly I dont know what any traditionalist authors have written about it beyond regarding it AS a genuine tradition

>> No.17067668

>>17067653
I'm pretty sure most Traditionalists see reformed christianity as a degeneration.
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure Evola admired some aspects of Zoroastrianism such as the Mithra cult, but thought that the moral aspect was a simplification of what came before. I'm not entirely sure though.

>> No.17067679

>>17067427
>The portrayal of Islam in Revolt against the modern world occupies but a few pages, but presents with sufficient depth the aspects of Islam that, from the Evolian perspective, allow it to be characterised as “a tradition at a higher level than both Judaism and the religious beliefs that conquered the West,” (RMM 245) that is to say, Christianity. In the first place, Evola points out that Islamic symbolism clearly indicates a direct connection of this tradition to the Primordial tradition itself, such that Islam is independent from both Judaism and Christianity, religions whose characteristic themes he rejects (original sin, redemption, sacerdotal meditation, etc.)

>“Finally, Islam presents a traditional completeness, since the shariah and the sunna, that is, the exoteric law and tradition, have their complement not in a vague mysticism, but in full-fledged initiatory organisations (turuq) that are characterised by an esoteric teaching (tawil) and by the metaphysical doctrine of the Supreme Identity (tawhid). In these organizations, and in general in the shia, the recurrent notions of the masum, of the double prerogative of the isma (doctrinal infallibility), and of the impossibility of being stained by any sin (which is the prerogative of the leaders, the visible and invisible Imams and, the mujtahid) lead back to the line of an unbroken race shaped by a tradition at a higher level than both Judaism and the religious beliefs that conquered the West” (RMM 244-245).

>Elsewhere, Evola sees in the idea of jihad a “late rebirth of a primordial Aryan heritage,” such that “the Islamic tradition serves here as the transmitter of the Aryo-Iranian tradition” (MW 96).

>> No.17067689

>>17067668
>'m pretty sure Evola admired some aspects of Zoroastrianism such as the Mithra cult, but thought that the moral aspect was a simplification of that came before. I'm not entirely sure though.
I have been meaning to look over Evola again, its another reason to, to check this I suppose