[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 357 KB, 1486x2297, BNW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16840983 No.16840983 [Reply] [Original]

I'm not religious, but even as an agnostic with no true belief or affiliation to God, i can say with absolute confidence: Materialistic, antitheistic, hedonistic nihilism already took over: Individuality, meaning and truth are doomed beyond repair.

Capitalist technocrats maximize their social control by denying all philosophically based logic or value, and rejecting all reality that is not mathematical, described in a physics model; Making radical scientism the norm is their strategy in order to make opponents appear "irrational", and the highly exploitable hedonistic consumer lifestyle to be "optimal" as "pleasure is all there is". We cannot recover from such a drastic crisis on our perception of reality, the lull of scientism utopias promised is too strong for the majority: Maximized pleasure via drugged pineal glands and VR will be the new "heaven".

Philosophy is dying and becoming a joke, scorned, viewed as ramblings about things that don't exist; Due to its' comfort and pleasure, science is now the only way to say anything the public will hear, in a few decades, no one will believe in any meanings; With no empirical evidence to elevate morality's value, sociopathy will naturally overtake any shred of empathy left, as it is optimal for climbing to the top; Amoral hedonism will dethrone all other normatives, we are in a march towards egoists valuing nothing but maximizing their own pleasure, who will eliminate all else.

Go on Quora, Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, or even to any college, any mainstream academy, in all mainstream platforms the idea of life having meaning is loathed, the idea of valuing life beyond pleasure is laughed at: Often, no counterargument is even used anymore, simply humiliation, beration, distaste, baseless reductionism, dissidents to the reductionistic nihilistic view are not welcome anywhere outside of fringe communities like 4Chan, we are on a path to undesirability.

Life-denying, antitheistic regimes have proven ruthless and effective in their quest to reductionize and industrialize all human life, crushing individuality, China, USSR: The Holodomor, the Christian arrest and torture since the Chinese Revolution. We are only a life-denying majority away from the virtue-signalling elites abandoning moral pretenses and exterminating or outcasting dissidents. And China expands into the most powerful country in the world, for nihilistic sociopathy is undefeatably optimal for accumulating power.

There is no future for humanity but one of cold, nihilistic, corporate enslaved pleasure, an invincible regime of capitalist technocrats herding us as cyborgs reduced to orgiastic animals, a dystopia of pleasure, a Brave New World as predicted perfectly by Huxley.

Even Nietzsche in his warnings against nihilism underestimated how little hope there would be for humanity, the entirety of post-nihilism history is a fatalistically predetermined insurmountable march towards the oppression of life-affirming philosphies.

>> No.16840993

woah

>> No.16841000

There will always be a 'crack' for truth seekers to slip through. It almost seems like it's by design. In the case of BNW, Soma is commonplace. In our world, this will effectively come by way of widespread decriminalization / legalization. This means psychedelics will proliferate far more than they do now. If it doesn't wake people up outright, it will 'open the door' and pique their curiosity at the very least.

>> No.16841009

>>16841000
We already essentially have orgie-porgy.

>> No.16841024

>>16840983
As if. Self-destructive cultures always become easy prey. The barbarians will save Rome from itself yet again.

>> No.16841033

>>16841024
I unironically hope that we get a Muslim majority and sharia law replaces the constitution.

>> No.16841051

>>16841024
>As if. Self-destructive cultures always become easy prey. The barbarians will save Rome from itself yet again.
This could very well be what sets back the (((West)))

Muslim accelerationism is the way to go, let them invade and slowly outbreed, and outpace, western civilization, it's better than the alternative

>> No.16841066
File: 121 KB, 720x683, nietzscheisdone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16840983

>> No.16841070

>>16841000
how are psychedelics going to wake up people rather than make everyone more braindead and complacent?

>> No.16841078
File: 845 KB, 735x681, unsustainable.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I fear we will never know the joys of Centrifugal Bumble Puppy, unless we get our best people on it.

>> No.16841099
File: 52 KB, 900x900, Палисадник.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16840983
> a dystopia of pleasure
Brave new world was a utopia - no one was sad, even the old died looking youthful having had lives filled with pleasure, orgies and fun.
>Life-denying, antitheistic regimes have proven ruthless and effective in their quest to reductionize and industrialize all human life, crushing individuality
The ego/self is an illusion. We must destroy individuality and become a hive mind.
>Individuality, meaning and truth are doomed beyond repair.
Except nihilism is truth - nothing has intrinsic value. Human beings are self replicating biological machines.

>> No.16841106

>>16840983
I know how you feel, almost hopeless at this point. I wanted to study philosophy but against my wishes and bc of the advice of others I went with comp sci. I feel so inauthentic and feel like a robot locked within a machine with npc schoolmates. The way to reclaim transcendence within the world is living authentically, I feel like I made a deal with the devil.

>> No.16841111
File: 563 KB, 613x625, SOMA.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16841078

>So pneumatic.

>> No.16841138
File: 70 KB, 480x608, hypocritethatyouare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16841099
>the ideal future is everyone doing nothing but being hooked up to machines experiencing artificial orgasms forever while being neurologically altered so they never run out of enjoyment for said orgasms
Enjoy yourself then, but don't anyone dare coerce that on others

>nothing has intrinsic value.
Except pleasure, because arbitrary reason

> Human beings are self replicating biological machines.
"Your brain is just chemicals bro, nothing matters bro"
Pic related
You're following what OP is warning us about to a tee

>> No.16841147

>>16841070
The mundane mind is like a patch-bay of organized inputs and outputs. Social conditioning is merely a specific orientation of inputs and outputs patched through time and experience, and it's self-constructing--conditioning begets more conditioning. It won't necessarily allow them to see into the true nature of self, but it will allow them to metaphorically 'see above the castle walls' of cultural conditioning.
I think it's a matter of capacity as well. Some people aren't bright enough to understand what they saw. This is the average drug-taker, not interested in broadening horizons but in immediate pleasure and self-gratification.

>> No.16841148
File: 1.33 MB, 983x536, alphawaves.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16840983
"I'd never want to be an Alpha. All that thinking would make my brain hurt."

Instagram Sub-Epsilon Moron 3308998

>> No.16841187

>>16840983

This is the best boho Jeremiah gibberish posted in weeks, I congratulate you sir.

>> No.16841235

>>16841187
> boho Jeremiah

> what did he mean by this

>> No.16841264

>>16841000
You're the perfect candidate to be a future soma addict
>dude more drugs will save us
Honestly burn yourself out sooner than later, it'll be to everyone's benefit.

>> No.16841278

I re-read BNW last week and it fucked me up too OP. It's basically 60% fulfilled without the tech they have.

>> No.16841331

>>16841000
>This means psychedelics will proliferate far more than they do now
There is always a strong counter-reaction to these kinds of things. All that it will take for psychedelics to become banned again is for the majority to become afraid of them again. The Christian majority in the US is utterly unready to embrace the reality of non-self, and won't tolerate those who have. Politicians will hear them out and take advantage of that fear. I'm afraid the political pushback that is coming will be swift and total, although the justification from those in power will be different from the original War on Drugs narratives. It's better for these kinds of things to be underground anyways, and at least we've reached a place where true seekers can get what they need through the internet. That's one thing you can thank technology for.