[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 22 KB, 568x540, 848AD7C4-B2FB-493B-A078-2049CC559073.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16673873 No.16673873[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I’ve tried being myself. I’ve tried being someone else.
I’ve tried being fit. I’ve tried being sedentary.
I’ve tried drugs. I’ve tried being clean.
I’ve tried being a NEET. I’ve tried being a workaholic.
I’ve tried going to church. I’ve tried yoga.
I’ve tried hobbies. I’ve tried vidya.
I’ve tried no fap. I’ve tried being a coomer.

Nothing I’ve ever done made any difference with the opposite sex. I might as well have never existed.

Meanwhile the beautiful get noticed for so much as making a face or putting on a hat. “He’s so cute, and funny!”

Books to cope with this feeling?

>> No.16673878

>>>/r9k/

>> No.16673898

>hasn't tried reading
>hasn't tried philosophy
>kills a thread for his blog
Youre a shitcunt and its not even because of your genes

Read the Consolations of Philosophy or some basic stoicisms like Meditations its really not hard OP

Sage goes in all fields

>> No.16673899

>>16673873
Evangelion.

>> No.16673902

>>16673873
>contantly aping others to please others instead of doing what you want
Read Don Quixote

>> No.16673907

>>16673898
What is the consolation of philosophy?

>> No.16673910

>>16673907
Happiness in knowledge, not women.

>> No.16673913

>>16673873
>Nothing I’ve ever done made any difference with the opposite sex. I might as well have never existed.
Have you tried talking with people of the opposite sex?

>> No.16673914

>>16673902
I’ve tried being myself too, literally the first thing I said. That was plan a, but alas

>> No.16673920

>>16673873
Keep trying. It's a numbers game. There isn't much lit about this desu, everyone gets into relationships easily in books and always knows what to do. Maybe authors don't like admitting they're unlucky in love because they don't want audiences to think they're losers.

>> No.16673923

>>16673913
Yes, of course. I goes without saying. All this time I’ve being talking with many different women in all kinds of different situations, to the same result. I’m not an autist. I can talk to women. They are just repelled by me.

>> No.16673929

>>16673910
Knowledge of what?

>> No.16673933

>>16673923
then live in celibate for the glory of God

>> No.16673941

>>16673929
Of everything. Metaphysics mainly.

>> No.16673942

>>16673920
Except in Dostoyevsky’s White Night. I like that short story.

>> No.16673944

>>16673923
Surgery or get rich.

>> No.16673946

>>16673873
Read the little tsar

>> No.16673948

Where you live? Move to outer boroughs of NYC, you can definitely get with asian or Hispanic immigrant. White women may be out of your reach unless you settle for eastern Europe.

>> No.16673949

>>16673941
Maybe I’ll check it out.

>>16673933
I just don’t believe in the guy. I went to church to try to meet girls.

>> No.16673967

Thanks for replying guys. Just this small gesture made me a little bit happier. Mods pls leave the thread just a little while longer.

>> No.16673975

>>16673873
>never tried good ol' rape
>never tried being a respected and powerful crime boss
>never tried selling drugs to female clientele
>never tried becoming a soldier conquering enemy territories and taking up their women in post-murder glory
Never gonna make it being such a boring conformist OP

>> No.16673992

>>16673873
women only make you miserable in the long term. don't worry about it. turn your mind to god

>> No.16674038

>>16673992
If I believed in god I don’t think I would be his number one fan. He would have made me ugly on purpose, while making me desire women, setting me up for an unhappy life for no apparent reason.

>> No.16674057

>>16674038
channel your resentment into something productive. beethoven was an ugly incel and look what he achieved.

>> No.16674076

>>16673873
try doing all the productive things you listed at once and then good things will come your way

>> No.16674106

>>16673949
>I've tried going to church
>I just don’t believe in the guy. I went to church to try to meet girls.
Nice try. In reality, don't sweat about those things you know you can't ever have. Lost the genetic lottery? Why lose nerves over it? Just improve what you can, and focus on those goals you can reach in this life. You don't have to cover all bases in this life, what matters is that you sustain yourself (and your wife and children if you ever get one, but it's not important unless you're a white natalist, it's just your choice), transform yourself into a good man, and CREATE something. Make art, music, writing, poetry, philosophy, or anything, and become good at it. Never let defeatism get you down, because that's counter-intuitive to your aspirations. Whenever you feel like you're worthless and awful at what you do, just listen to some music and walk it off. Admit that you might not be the next da Vinci, but keep working to become the next da Vinci regardless.

>I’ve tried being myself. I’ve tried being someone else.
By be yourself we mean stop being so obsessed with what others think. Others' opinion matters somewhat, but you seem to be obsessed with others (like me; the beautiful get noticed for so much as making a face or putting on a hat. “He’s so cute, and funny!). You have tropes and themes that run through your head anytime you go outside, because you and your mentality are a product of 4chan culture. It's like an inmate getting "institutionalized;" 4chan turns you into a lookist incel, and more to boot. Nothing you've ever done has made any difference with the opposite sex? Does the opposite sex really matter that much? You want to waste all your youth and nerves chasing tail, or doing something fruitful and not masturbatory (because I doubt you want a girl to make a child)

>> No.16674145

Anony, why have you not tried killing all the people who have harmed and belittled you? Good and evil are just meaningless social constructs. Contemporary liberal society which elevates the worst kinds of humanity is what did this to you. Turn on the TV and 99% of people are attractive. Turn on a movie and 99% of people are attractive. Go to YT and 99% of the top 100 are attractive. This is by design.

>> No.16674160

>>16674106
Wow. It's like you know me in your last paragraph. Thanks for the advice.

>> No.16674167

>>16674145
Nice try FBI

>> No.16674231

>>16674160
I know you because I AM you. Started browsing /b/ when I was 14, haven't left since then. 4chan has been the only constant in my life, and it's a vitriolic place, full of "mogging" and "manlet/brainlet" and looks-worship, ego-flattering and defeatism. I can't leave this place anytime soon, but I sure as Hell can use it to my advantage. I hate going outside and have social anxiety partly because of this place, partly because of my (possibly perceived) lack of good looks and charisma (and most of the people attracted to 4chan are likely somewhat like this). The best way to mitigate this is to find a path in life that you CAN pursue, and not one that is impossible to you at the moment. If you've spent your life turning yourself into a recluse, then use that to your advantage. Focus on small victories- it's like breaking out from sleep paralysis, you move one finger, then the hand, then the arm, then the body, and the spell is broken. Anything to build up self-esteem and a gung ho, fuck you I don't care about your opinion of my worth or looks attitude. Don't be a twat about it, just learn to be like other people- thick skinned and at ease around others, even though you'll never truly feel at home around them.

just a stream of consciousness. Maybe it'll help you, maybe it won't, but Godspeed, man.

By the way, I'm trying to learn to accept everything I see, no matter how unfair or "evil" or "vile" it is, for the purpose of refuting anti-natalism/efilism/the problem of evil. I see everything as good in the long run, and I want to learn to ask to suffer more. God made me ugly? Thanks, God- I can't wait to grow uglier. God made me stupid? I accept this, too, and my eventual further dumbing-down. I accept everything- all the rapes, the massacres, the vagaries, everything I cannot prevent or effect directly. I regret nothing, because despondency is the start of decay. I just need to love and accept all, and then I'll be at peace. Try to find an ideal, and work towards it, one small victory at a time. Forget your failures, just think about the little victories you've accomplished, and the greater ones waiting for you, there in the future

>> No.16674241

>>16673873
Not one good book recommended. Sad day for /lit/.

>> No.16674248
File: 207 KB, 1000x1366, jeff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16674145
glowposting on /lit/. never thought I'd see the day

>> No.16674266

>>16674241
Boethius' the consolation of philosophy
Paul Evdokimov's Ages of the Spiritual Life
Jean-Claude Larchet's The Theology of Illness

>> No.16674281

>>16673873
>Lost the genetic lottery
At least you didn't gamble it away

>> No.16674284

>>16673907
>These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.
>1. And he said, "Whoever discovers the interpretation of these sayings will not taste death."
>http://gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
Now that you’ve acquired the taste of death, it’s time to start your journey

>> No.16674299
File: 202 KB, 933x933, 1598071089126.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16674106
you're a wise man, anon. god speed

>> No.16674303
File: 93 KB, 768x1024, Statue_d'Alfred_le_Grand_à_Winchester.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16674284
Ignore Gnostic faggots. The journey was always closer than you thought, it's just that no one opens the door and embarks on it because we are either complacent or waiting in our sunrooms for spaceships to beam us up and administer an idiosyncratic "gnosis."

>> No.16674304

>>16673873
Your post has nothing to do with literature.

>> No.16674310

>>16673873
accept that you're not cut out for normie paradise and try to find a paradise in yourself

>> No.16674313

>>16674304
I asked for book recs

>> No.16674345

>>16674303
I think we both have a different idea of gnosticism. Let me be clear: I agree with your criticism and it’s not the fault of the philosophy, the religion or anything else if someone is looking for excuses to not open the door. It sounds like OP has been making an effort, and he has asked for help, therefore it’s our responsibility to offer him something. There are many different paths for everyone, it may be that gnosticism Isnt the right fit for him, but maybe it is, if he is honest with himself and wants something more.

> 56. Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy."

>> No.16674357

>>16673975
based trife anon

>> No.16674371

>>16674106
>cope the post
All I can say to you is that working only towards what I can realistically reach is not enough.

>> No.16674393

>>16674371
not everything that doesn't feed into your blackpilled view of the world is a cope, you mentally ill faggot.

>> No.16674398

>>16674345
Very well, forgive my crudeness. If he wants help, I'd recommend he either get religious, or get to self-improvement, or better yet, both. Many think you don't need a religion to be a "moral person," and so religion is relegated to a meager position, just a tether ensuring we get to a favorable place in the afterlife, but in reality all things are subsumed under religion, because everything you do as a religious man you do in the light of your God. Everything you create, you create to glorify God. Everything you do, you do to glorify God. You transform your life into a work of art, or as Orthodox Christians say, an Icon. You do not do these things because "God is a narcissist who needs His ego flattered" (as we project), but rather for our benefit, and in well-merited praise of our creator. If this religion talk tastes sour to him, he can settle for less. Otherwise, I'd recommend he visit a holy man of his picking. See a guru in India. See a monk in Greece. See a monk in Tibet. If you don't like travelling, go somewhere close, but go wherever there is a nucleus of spiritual life, don't go to some wishy-washy 12Stone and expect the pastor there to "align your chakras" and transform you. If even this doesn't work, keep looking. Where there's a will, there's a way.

>> No.16674405

>>16674371
>reality is not enough
Then if you cannot change reality, change your expectations of it. You DO want help, don't you?

>> No.16674416

>>16673873
Don't worry anon, I can tell you it's not all about looks so don't be so bad about being ugly, not even the beautiful have it easy. I'm arguibly a handsome man, yet I'm terribly miserable with women. Nothing I can do about it. Some of us aren't meant to enjoy the simplest things

>> No.16674425
File: 100 KB, 590x589, C11A3418-3A65-4F86-8D83-DF73479BC79A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16674398
Blessed post.

>> No.16674485

>>16674405
If "help" is finding ways to conform, then no. I dont think parroting dated self-help insights are the answer the OP is looking for. Giving him the real deal that yes, life sucks, is at least more honest than all the sugary fantasies youre force feeding him.

>> No.16674491

>>16673873
Yeah you definitely sound like you’re not good at anything

>> No.16674497

>>16674313
no you didn't
it's just a tag to justify your attention whoring

>> No.16674546

>>16673923
A couple things

First work on how you talk to women. If they are consistantly repulsed by you you must be saying the wrong things. Aswell you may be not attractive due to attitude aswell, clearly lack of success has made you less confident which is not attractive. Some of the key things you've mentioned self improvement wise are good, for example getting in physical shape. Perhaps your approach to it may be wrong, PT as a means to an end only gets your sofar you must learn to achieve that self improvement for yourself and then take the extra benefit like success with women after. Or else the action becomes hollow and your dedication to it is both less committed and false seeming to women perhaps.

Another thing is that you could lower your expectations and standards with women, if you are that desperate for a relationship you could recognize that your place in a theoretical sexual marketplace is lower and therefore find women on an equivalent level to yourself.

Another key thing about my concept of a sexual (or even romantic) marketplace is that you should find your neich market of appeal. For example I'm not overly attractive face wise, but I'm 6'5 and in the army, so women who are tall and enjoy the concept of a army man are a good group for me to advertise myself to. Just like how a small company may find a local niche to occupy in a financial market and therefore make money despite there not being a large worldwide demand.

Perhaps it would help if you gave us more detail of your situation in particular?

>> No.16674567

>>16673873
Welcome to life, Anon. Don't worry, when you're on your deathbed, the opposite sex will be the least of your problems. I'm not talking about suicide. I'm talking about, with time comes knowledge. I can't recommend any books on the subject. Just personal experience. I'm not on my deathbed, but thankfully I don't have to be to realize that the need to mate subsides over time as we grow old and unable.

>> No.16674580

>>16673873
Remember you can always fold anon. You don't owe it to anyone to keep playing this rigged ass game. None of ask to be born into this hellhole

>> No.16674588

>>16673873
>“He’s so cute, and funny!”
Yeah this isn't the way to look at it. You might not believe this, but that kind of think is temporary. Ultimately cute and funny doesn't matter when you have bills and kids

The cute and funny thing is a lie of social engineering through media.

>> No.16674608
File: 69 KB, 220x220, 1603387895789.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16674485
>If "help" is finding ways to conform, then no
How is "help" finding ways to conform? I was talking about things that simply cannot be changed, or that cannot be changed without freakish outcomes. If you are ugly, then you are ugly. Plastic surgery might make you look even freakier. If there is something you cannot change (CANNOT), then you need to change your expectations. If you do not like that life is suffering, then you either die because of it, or you learn to accept that LIFE SUCKS and then you die. Boo hoo

> dont think parroting dated self-help insights are the answer the OP is looking for
This is the most exhausted, trite take I keep seeing on the internet. "Everyone tells me to take a shower, work out, and be more confident." "Everyone tells me to be more disciplined, hard-working, etcetera." The only reason these things have become trite is because no one applies them. These pieces of advice need to be hammered into them, again and again

>Giving him the real deal that yes, life sucks
Haha have I ever said that life doesn't suck? Life sucks, and you need to come to terms with it (change yourself), unless you can change life. My post flew over your head entirely

>is at least more honest than all the sugary fantasies youre force feeding him.
Another tired trope. If hope and optimism is bad simply by being "sugary," then you've really lost your edge. In reality, it's these things that keep you going, and that make life worth living. Don't want to defeat yourself before life does.