[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 77 KB, 1600x900, Wojak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16581142 No.16581142 [Reply] [Original]

I enjoy the feeling of talking to people in real life, especially people I know or people who are from my community.

There are so many small details in real life conversations that appeal to me, including thinking of jokes / humorous replies spontaneously, sharing anecdotes and experiences in a way that allows each person to speak in turn while the other listens. I enjoy the idea of being out at night with people of both sexes, and seeing someone I like and showing interest in them (e.g., by looking at them in a subtly different way) and the flirtation which sometimes takes place if you both like each other. In situations like that, the fact that most people desire a romantic partner feels normal and isn't something to be ashamed about or become distressed by (i.e., because you are single).

During my most recent conversations in real life, I have an unfortunate tendency to refer to internet videos and so on in a way that interrupts the flow of the conversation. I don't like that I do that, but my frame of reference is mostly online now.

All my problems and issues seem more more remote when I am talking to someone in real life. My melancholy and defensiveness are replaced by a kind of innocent good-naturedness. It feels like I am forming connections with people, and embracing the absurdity of life in a healthy way. As a child I was quite sociable and could make people laugh.

But I rarely talk to anybody in real life any more.

>> No.16581151

>>16581142
howd you read my diary :c

>> No.16581158

>>16581142
>my frame of reference is mostly online now
there's your solution, spend more time out and about.

I appreciate your post OP. I feel you. that is sort of why we read I think. communication is all we have as people. It seems like the most important thing after our health.

>> No.16581162

>>16581142
I'm the exact opposite of that. These must be hard times for you, anon.

>> No.16581202

>>16581142
>But I rarely talk to anybody in real life any more.
that's because there's nothing to say, because there aren't any experiences worth noting

>> No.16581210
File: 108 KB, 1600x900, Wojak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16581162
It isn't that I am particularly extroverted, and my lifestyle and social experience for the past decade and a half suggests the opposite.

It's just that even if I enjoy solitude, and quiet, and so on, I enjoy talking to people in real life and placing emphasis on life outside the internet. When you read about love without experiencing love, it becomes either a source of frustration or a kind of logical relationship which can be reduced to empirical data. But when you feel something like love in real life, it is an overwhelming feeling, especially if it is shared. As much as thought and introspection are valuable, having your body and mind react to things emotionally in a deeply instinctive sense is an experience I value. Even if it just a small gesture, or a conversation in which you talk about something which has been bothering you for a long time. Life seems so simple in such moments, and its rewards so available.

For example, much of art can be described as a distilled form of lived experience, or the articulation of lived experience. But without lived experience, all I possess are the tools to articulate something I am unfamiliar with. Articulating the mental processes of someone who spends all his time alone is not in my opinion a desirable objective.