[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.23 MB, 500x281, pepe sad melancholy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16573316 No.16573316 [Reply] [Original]

Any anon out there can help me out to find this book that I read a long while back when I was in I think elementary or middle school? Please? I've been looking everywhere but I'm getting nowhere in my search.

I really want to find it again and re-read it.

Details I remember:
>Written about mid to late 2000's I think
>Cover art was red and black with a semi-urban landscape around a desert (?) I think
>Story was about some dystopian far-future where cities or "zones" are separated by endless miles of "wasteland" or deserts
>There is some kind of caste system where people are "tracked" into certain jobs and everybody has a "barcode" number that they get scanned almost everywhere
>There are marauders and rebels fighting against The System (don't remember what the ruling authority was actually called, maybe it was the System but idk) who are at first portrayed as nihilistic bloody terrorists but become increasingly sympathetic as the protagonist(s) go on un-authorized teenage adventures into the wastelands, meet some of them and learn more about them, their cause, why they fight the System, what the System has done to them and other people of the "Wastelands" and their supply and radio comm networks
>most of the plot revolves around this war between the System and the (youth and outsider) rebellion
>the author is an Asian guy (I think Japanese?) who was I think a high school dropout or something and published the book at a young age (between 13 years old to 17 years old; don't remember exactly)

Spoiler:
>there's a part where the book talks about how nobody wants the position of Administrative/Regional Governor General for the System Military because the Regional Governor Generals are assassinated by rebels at the rate of like 1 or 2 per month or something ridiculous like that

Mega Spoiler:
>at the end, there's a sword fight on the roof of a skyscraper building (at night, under a full moon and in a heavy rain too I think but maybe I remembered wrong) between the protagonist and the Head Honcho Boss Emperor General tier guy ( or girl?) of The System

>> No.16573432

anybody?

>> No.16573442

>>16573432
I think it's Brave New World.

>> No.16573559

>>16573316
DIdn't read like 90% of your post, but I think it's Star Wars.

>> No.16573649

Hunger Games?

(bump I'm kinda interested)

>> No.16573874
File: 963 KB, 1920x1080, corridor of solitude.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16573442
nope
>>16573559
nope
>>16573649
nah

Any serious answers please?

>> No.16574431

Bump

>> No.16574478

>>16573316
It's none of these? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_books_written_by_children_or_teenagers