[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.11 MB, 1316x2028, crocodiles.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16102585 No.16102585 [Reply] [Original]

>The only pure, sincere joy in life is violence, and the many ways in which you may inflict violence upon your adversaries. To kill a man or people is a universal pleasure, and it is one that may be imposed endlessly, in equal measure, upon both the enemy you know and those you do not. Killing is the only true venue for happiness.

No philosopher in human history has ever refuted that

>> No.16102591

>>16102585
What sick and miserable edge lord can we attribute this cringe to? Are these your own musings, OP?

>> No.16102599

>>16102591
S.F. Erah

>> No.16102607

>>16102585
Flannery O'Connor refuted this clearly and explicitly.

>There were two more pistol reports and the grandmother raised her head like a parched old turkey hen crying for water and called, "Bailey Boy, Bailey Boy!" as if her heart would break.

>"Jesus was the only One that ever raised the dead," The Misfit continued, "and He shouldn't have done it. He shown everything off balance. If He did what He said, then it's nothing for you to do but thow away everything and follow Him, and if He didn't, then it's nothing for you to do but enjoy the few minutes you got left the best way you can-by killing somebody or burning down his house or doing some other meanness to him. No pleasure but meanness," he said and his voice had become almost a snarl.

>"Maybe He didn't raise the dead," the old lady mumbled, not knowing what she was saying and feeling so dizzy that she sank down in the ditch with her legs twisted under her.

>"I wasn't there so I can't say He didn't," The Misfit said. "I wisht I had of been there," he said, hitting the ground with his fist. "It ain't right I wasn't there because if I had of been there I would of known. Listen lady," he said in a high voice, "if I had of been there I would of known and I wouldn't be like I am now." His voice seemed about to crack and the grandmother's head cleared for an instant. She saw the man's face twisted close to her own as if he were going to cry and she murmured, "Why you're one of my babies. You're one of my own children!" She reached out and touched him on the shoulder. The Misfit sprang back as if a snake had bitten him and shot her three times through the chest. Then he put his gun down on the ground and took off his glasses and began to clean them.

>Hiram and Bobby Lee returned from the woods and stood over the ditch, looking down at the grandmother who half sat and half lay in a puddle of blood with her legs crossed under her like a child's and her face smiling up at the cloudless sky.

>Without his glasses, The Misfit's eyes were red-rimmed and pale and defenseless-looking. "Take her off and thow her where you shown the others," he said, picking up the cat that was rubbing itself against his leg.

>"She was a talker, wasn't she?" Bobby Lee said, sliding down the ditch with a yodel.

>"She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

>"Some fun!" Bobby Lee said.

>"Shut up, Bobby Lee" The Misfit said. "It's no real pleasure in life."

>> No.16102639

If you specified "hunting" instead of just "killing", and added
>books for this feel
at the end of your post, I would have recommended reading The Most Dangerous Game. Either way, its a fairly short story (around 20 pages) and is pretty relevant to the edge boy philosophy you are entertaining.

>> No.16102644

I agree to some extent and I don't really consider myself an edgelord. Happiness is heavily connected to our instincts and our instincts definitely developed to include innate violence. Thomas Hobb's "state of nature" explains the innate desire to "wage war"--essentially the scarcity of resources taught early humans to wage war and be violent for survival purposes (See #4 in the link below). Much like how sex is pleasurable so that early humans understood to fuck each other, violence is pleasurable so that early humans understood to defend themselves.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hobbes-moral/

People aren't killing each other senseless nowadays or even in ancient times because ever since civilization began violence has been "controlled." Violence changed from senseless killing in prehuman times to more """civilized""" types of entertainment. First there was gladiator battles in the Ancient Roman times. Violent video games are essentially the gladiator battles nowadays. They allow people to express their violence in legal, """healthy""" ways.

>> No.16102677

have you ever fought someone before? it feels good but it's not even close to being the only or pure or sincere joy in life. i mean, most violence happens out of shallowness. the dull-minded whipped into action and just as quickly back to docility and regret. thinking back to when i was a teen, i swear we're all actually brainwashed. like start trigger and end trigger programming caricatured brainwashing is real. all for someone's boring gain in some number that is never spoken about. i don't think healthy, with one's instincts/nature satisfied, makes people so quick to jump to violence. there's something really wrong with going to some inane political protest in which neither side can define their position and attempting to kill someone by sucker punching them when they briefly look away. apparently for no other reason than completely insubstantial pure hate.

>>16102644
how is killing for resources and defence 'senseless' but fabricated killing for amusement 'sensible'.

>> No.16102682

>>16102644
Humans never killed senselessly until they became civilized, they just killed for the same reasons all animals kill

>> No.16103298

>>16102585
What kind of a low IQ retard do you have to be to be impressed by the "intelligence" of a crocodile.

>> No.16103358
File: 428 KB, 964x1254, 1582854384792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16103298
Croc brains just operate on "snap on" and "snap off" and they dont even register whether they can actually eat whatever they snapped

>> No.16103442
File: 39 KB, 522x756, 1584153650568.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16102585
it is a cringe rant from a beta losers who gets wet dream from power fantasies episode

>> No.16103621

>>16102677
We used to fight in primary school and I found it utterly exhilirating. It was pre-puberty so whenever there was a fight it was evenly-matched.
For example, we used to play football (AFL), and one of my "friends" who was a little scumbag kept being overly aggressive towards me during games because I would take it, thinking he was just being a knob. He kept harassing me over and over again until one day I decided to fuck him up. We were playing as usual during lunch and he of course was targeting me again. When he was distracted by the ball I run up behind him, put him in a headlock and took him to the ground. It was mostly wrestling but I kicked him in the face a few times. He never harassed me again and I still remember how much I enjoyed fighting him, even over ten years later. I remember wishing there were more justified opportunities to fight at school.

>> No.16103708

>>16102585
Extreme cringe. Will save this thread.

>> No.16103768

>>16102585
Is this from Alex Kierkegaard's cringe compilation after he put it behind a paywall? It's prime stuff.