[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 60 KB, 964x912, sweating pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16064579 No.16064579 [Reply] [Original]

Please, I need help, I still can't understand what it is. It figures into a Jungian/Occult frame of the movement of the mind, but its real meaning has to be made out phenomenologically to me. Please, it's like an insane projecting out into the world of my ideal-wishes with bare Pride alone. I am a Christian, but it is a Philosophy of the earth.

Certain things trigger it, like the following picture and song which I am to post.

>> No.16064581
File: 271 KB, 692x1029, Bowden art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16064579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkh8IjqlpxQ

>> No.16064594

So, describe your life for us.

Have any friends? Family? A job? Do you use drugs or alcohol?

>> No.16064603
File: 5 KB, 310x163, 4A551827-E01D-4B43-89E7-718BFF084DFE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.16064648

>>16064594
This "persona" alas while being more experience than persona, insofar as it still radically changes who I am. It is selfish, and indulgent, but tragically asserting. It never loses itself, it is a gleam, it's like ecstasy in me as myself. It loves itself but without uttering. For an uttered thought as Jung says loses its value, it has been thought, and it is gone. If one utters a ghost, it disappears. I am so afraid of it, but I want to with my courage rush into it.

I have friends, family, a job, and I use drugs and alcohol only occasionally. I should also say that this whole thing, the various transcendent experiences in the vain of Buddhism or Hinduism, the attack by a conscious creature, all started occurring after I attempted meditation. And in the past one and a half years I have only meditated perhaps ten times on a whole, sometimes these things happen during meditating, sometimes outside of it, but they all follow such similarity so often. But the experience described in the Op is the complete opposite to any such meditative experience, and I believe it is related to Jung's concept of a radical other, Enantiodromia the opposite arriving in return and relation to the opposite. Some time in my life it has turned out into this.

>>16064603
Qrd? Is it meaningless new age tripe?

>> No.16064656

>>16064594
And yes, I am aware what I am writing is of the lowest possible literary quality, because I'm not filtering it, and just merely speaking on its lowly emotional level.

>> No.16064667

>>16064648
I've read about half of what Jung wrote, and I get the impression, or at least it seems as if, you've begun interacting with an ineffable voice or force of indeterminate origin and moral quality?

Something in you is contending with your ego-self consciousness?

>> No.16064669

>>16064594
>>16064656
>"the emergence of the unconscious opposite in the course of time. This characteristic phenomenon practically always occurs when an extreme, one-sided tendency dominates conscious life; in time an equally powerful counterposition is built up which first inhibits the conscious performance and subsequently breaks through the conscious control."
It is so similar, it's great, I don't want it to end. It is true to me is what I say.

>> No.16064674

>>16064648
It’s written by a clinical psychologist who focuses on schizophrenia and autism. It’s very good, and you’d likely benefit from reading it.

>> No.16064686

>>16064667
Yes but at the same time I may be merely playfully indulging in some meaninglessness in it too. And yes! You're right, it is averse to my normal consciousness, I was just thinking this and have done since its inception but it's as if this thought were taken for granted and its true reality were not realised. Perhaps I am truly just hiding from my self, in one side to another.

>> No.16064700

>>16064674
I will give it a read, thank you anon! I think it could be very useful for understanding just quite how extremities of the mind sometimes works.

>> No.16064715

>>16064686
Something to take into consideration at this juncture in your personal journey into deep introspection of the unconscious contents is that the projection making faculty (the anima) is not something which communicates with the ego consciousness through words. It speaks indirectly and incidentally as a consequence of the associations made by the ego via the analysis of the contents of the projections.

The voice you're hearing is very likely your own, in the process of echoing thoughts that would normally be repressed or suppressed. Except you're purposefully rummaging through these disregarded contents.

You will naturally find things there that are horrifying, shocking, disturbing, and alien.

>> No.16064754

>>16064715
Yes I think you're certainly right. Over the past year especially I have experienced so many sudden states of mind completely foreign and averse to myself, of a nature which I get the feeling I must learn to live with. But it is more an emotional intermediate nature, it is not quite anything, and there is a boring character to its content being this. I am well aware there is a great content to the emotional "foreignity" but I don't understand it.

How would you say I continue? Merely dream interpretation and experience of life seems not head on enough. Though undoubtedly they're the most important things.

>> No.16064772

>>16064754
You say you've read Jungs work; precisely how much?

>> No.16064783

>>16064772
I haven't

>> No.16064801
File: 8 KB, 150x184, download (7).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Google "Yaldaboath" and let your head fully explode.

Then find the knowledge you need to repair yourself. Jung's Seven Sermons of the Dead has gnosis.

>> No.16064804 [DELETED] 

>>16064783
There's your problem. You've stumbled across various tools and explosives without having the slightest inkling of what they're designed to do.

My suggestion would be an immediately humbling of yourself, and a restriction of consciousness back into something more reprehensible to the current constitution of your psyche.

In other words; begin learning what these tools you've found actually are.

>> No.16064813

>>16064772
Two of his actual books and quite a few essays, as far as the books that would be MMISOAS and Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious.

Though I think the main reason I may seem somewhat lacking in conclusion there I think is my lack of understanding of my own psyche as of yet.

>> No.16064814

>>16064804
There's your problem. You've stumbled across various tools and explosives without having the slightest inkling of what they're designed to do.

My suggestion would be an immediate humbling of yourself, and a restriction of consciousness back into something more apprehensive to the current constitution of your psyche.

In other words; begin learning what these tools you've found actually are.

EDIT: autocrrect fucked with some words.

>> No.16064821

>>16064772
Oh and I should also say I have fairly extensive knowledge of Western religions and a bit of its esoterica. As far as the East just some basic ideas and the occasional specificity.

>> No.16064829

>>16064783
Hey faggot, stop impersonating me.

>> No.16064868

>>16064813
Ahh, some fool impersonated you. Apologies.

That is most certainly not enough if you're looking to properly appercept the nature of your own psyche.

>Though I think the main reason I may seem somewhat lacking in conclusion there I think is my lack of understanding of my own psyche as of yet.
You should probably consider moving away from any mind altering substances then.

>> No.16064918

>>16064868
>Ahh, some fool impersonated you. Apologies.
No problem.

>You should probably consider moving away from any mind altering substances then.
I don't want this to sound self-obsessed, but I have a very strong sense of who I am, and a firm grasp on reality. I don't think I'd be an an ultimate danger if I for example had a bad trip, but I agree I'm not going to rush into it.

This whole experience described in the Op portrays a mental state more unstable than it is, though it is a sort of self-willed(though of course arriving of its own course) frenzy. And I must be true to that when I am in it. I don't have to, but imagine if one is committed to sexual congress and pulls away, you can if you want to, but one wishes it to follow its course, and at the same time of maintaining that power, it completely overtakes at times my entire "worldview", if you can somewhat get this mix of thoughts in this state.

>> No.16064928

>>16064868
And I have to ask you, are there any figures which seem to have done something like an uneasy directing to you as they have for I? I have even been lucky enough to talk with another anon on /lit/ over email who had explained that he had similar experiences to me, somehow relating to the same youtube channel and connecting it to his generally "schizo" content or attitude. And we both developed the same conclusions about a specific youtube channel. I concluded at that time that for similar people, white males of our late Christian civilisation, it is quite likely that they would have similar psychological experiences and recognition's(and furthermore being a /lit/ browser would probably add to that specificity of similarity). I will show one video, thoout of curiosity what do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beQKIgzInYk

>> No.16064963

>>16064579
The Bell Jar really fucked me up

>> No.16064970

>>16064928
Yea, that vid looks pretty schizo desu.

>are there any figures which seem to have done something like an uneasy directing to you as they have for I?
Yeah, I took too much mushrooms and had a terrifically horrifying experience. It was a direct and unprepared confrontation with my own capacity, and relationship to, the archetype of evil.

That's something that cuts you deep and scars for life. You can get there through intensive introspection and meditation, though.

>> No.16065042

>>16064970
I understand your caution around drugs now anon, how are you now as a fellow man? We are fellow men of development.

But I did also mean any online figures, as cringe as it sounds like e-celebs which have had something of an effect on you? Essentially been the source for a clash with your ego-consciousness?

But I do ask, Jung speaks of certain uchangeable events in the Psyche, rarely for some people, like the Seeress of Prevorst a fatal one, wherein if the doctor himself were to intimately interfere it would only mean the resolution in a life-altering effect on himself. If this, psychological catharsis is to mean embracing something, perhaps a moral "intersectioning" in my case which I remember being familiar in the jewish Kabbalah, then what is my fate in this case to morality? If my fate is death then what am I to do about life at all? I believe there is obviously no absolute dominance in the psyche with certain things for those who are involved in these topics, but it seems as such as it is. In this current moment, that I am to do something, or maybe I am overthinking it and getting worked up.

>> No.16065269

>>16065042
E-celebs? No.

I read. If I want to understand someones ideas I read their ideas.