[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 156 KB, 640x480, D8AA89AA-A138-43C2-B1CE-1AEE526AAFCA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15650754 No.15650754 [Reply] [Original]

I need books on eschatology and the apocalypse

>> No.15650817

Hey I used to have that dragon lego as a kid. Used to play with legos with my brother a lot.
Good times.

>> No.15650894

bump

>> No.15650971

D.H. Lawrence’s “Apocalypse”.
It’s definitely not a scholarly work. It’s basically Lawrence shitposting about the Book of Revelation for a couple hundred pages, but it’s still a good read.

>> No.15650985

>>15650754
Apocalyptic Writings and the End of Days
Apocalypse of Abraham
Apocalypse of Thomas
4 Ezra
2 Baruch
The Book of Revelation

>> No.15651076

>>15650754
You're not going to get any gainful knowledge about the Apocalypses because most people dont know what they're talking about so I'll try my best.

The seven candlesticks are given. They are a representation in the Spirit of being particular churches. Jesus has a very Godly look proclaiming that he is the beginning and the end. That He Is God that we read about in the Bible. He is the perfect representation of the Father who we cannot see. Then as we go John is invited to the Spirit to the Court of the Most High. We see Jesus again but as a bloodied lamb who is The Only other entity worthy of sitting next to GOD and worshipped as God. We see the Court has attendees and some we've seen before in the other books. The Seven Spirits of GOD as represented by the menorah and the star of david. The four Angel's who are covered in eyes and look like living creatures. 24 elders. Countless Angel's and countless saints. The LORD reveals a scroll in his hand to the court. An angel asks who's worthy to open Gods scroll? Only Jesus can so one by one we open it but as we are about to reveal the 7th one we begin another 7, then again.

What we need to understand is that GOD wants to reveal what His Court looks like and who's there. That Jesus has won and His death was His Enthronememt. That GOD judges all things rightly with all of us involved. That just as he drew out his people in Egypt so would he bring about His Promise of making everything right again. So much so that he will describe how He will. But on His time which is a mystery to everyone.

>> No.15651138

>>15650754

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nvVVcYD-0w&t

>> No.15651148

Eschatology: Death and Eternal Life

>> No.15651479

>>15651076
Thanks John. Even though you missed the thick of it.

>> No.15652099

bump