[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.71 MB, 1575x879, Arch_of_Titus_Menorah.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15327273 No.15327273 [Reply] [Original]

Why did Jews not accept Christ?
What's the single best argument the modern pharisiatic rabbis have against Him? Didn't they literally admit that He did miracles and that the temple miracles stopped when Christ died?

>> No.15327292

stfu christcuck nazi faggot kys

>> No.15327300

> Why did Jews not accept Christ?
simple, he claimed he was God, which contradicts Mosaic law and Prophetic writings, the messiah isn't supposed to be God, in fact, in the book of Ezekiel, the messiah is prophecized to give sacrifices to God on in the new built third temple, Jesus did none of that and even went against it.

>> No.15327316

>>15327300
in* the newly* built third temple.

>> No.15327426
File: 42 KB, 587x869, psalm 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327300
he is the temple
and the passion is the sacrifice
likewise all saints are part of the body of christ, which makes them pillars of the temple, and thus martyrs are sacrifices with christ.

The Son Exalted Above Angels
5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
And again:
“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?
6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7 And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
8 But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A [f]scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10 And:
“You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They will perish, but You remain;
And they will all grow old like a garment;
Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.”
13 But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

>> No.15327436
File: 887 KB, 633x474, holy holy holy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327300
>the messiah is prophecized to give sacrifices to God on in the new built third temple
>Jesus did none of that and even went against it
How so? He still performs the sacrifice to this day.

>> No.15327454

>>15327426
>he is the temple
sure, and that goes against what the Hebrew bible says

>>15327436
the messiah isn't supposed to sacrifice himself

>> No.15327471

>>15327300
he is the lamb of god. God himself is the sacrifice. What greater tribute could there be?

>> No.15327482

>>15327454
>the messiah isn't supposed to sacrifice himself
says who?

>> No.15327495

>>15327471
thats christians theology, in the Hebrew bible, God never foretold that he was going to manifest in the flesh and scarce himself. the messiah is clearly a man, external from the nature/being of God, who is a servant of God .

>> No.15327508

>>15327482
the prophetic writings, the messianic prophecies.

>> No.15327557
File: 1.56 MB, 800x860, Virgin-Roman-Catholic-Jesus-VS-Chad-Eastern-Orthodox-Jesus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327273
The clearest argument against Christ is that he was not preaching the traditional Israelite religion. The popular occult opinion of the time was that of the Zealots/Maccabees ; these were revolutionary warriors that wanted to expel the Romans by military force, and at times were partially successful. Jesus preached a doctrine of non-violence "give to Caesar what is Caesar's". There is also evidence that Jesus may have adopted the teachings of Buddhism, either in Alexandria in Egypt, or perhaps in India itself. Jesus' non-violent doctrine is the one thing that entirely goes against the tradition of the Israelites, who sacrificed animals for their religious services, and also had countless traditions of great warriors who lead armies in conquest even exterminating alien populations.

I am not making any assertions about which point of view is "right" (I don't believe either of them are). I am just saying that this is the primary reason why there is a disagreement between Judaism and Christianity. Judaism was a political militarized religion, Christianity was a Religion more catered to the lower eschalons of society, the craftsmen, hand maidens, and laborers. Personally I believe Jesus had his hands tied politically, in order to speak publicly about Religion, he had to also assert non-violence, or risk being crucified, which ultimately happened regardless.

>> No.15327570

>>15327508
where does it say that He will not sacrifice Himself?
>>15327495
>the messiah is clearly a man
Indeed.
>external from the nature/being of God
You're confusing the nature of God (the Father) with His hypostasis.
>who is a servant of God
yes, that's Christian theology. Christ is indeed a servant of God and literally serves in the temple as the High Priest.

>> No.15327589
File: 90 KB, 1139x657, my heir.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327508
>>15327495
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The Sin-Bearing Messiah

53 Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
And they made His grave with the wicked—
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.

>> No.15327591 [DELETED] 
File: 227 KB, 1280x720, onions.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327557

>There is also evidence that Jesus may have adopted the teachings of Buddhism, either in Alexandria in Egypt, or perhaps in India itself.

>I don't believe either of them are

>I believe Jesus had his hands tied politically

>> No.15327597

>>15327570
> where does it say that He will not sacrifice Himself?
in the countless passages that describe his period and the actions he will perform, in none of those does it say "messiah will be crucified for our sins", for fuck sake, did you even read the prophetic writings? or did you stop at the five books of moses?

>> No.15327610

>>15327557
>Jesus' non-violent doctrine
Where does Christ ever preach your modern bugman notion of 'non-violence'?
>adopted the teachings of Buddhism
Is this what is known as a 'bait post'?

>> No.15327643

>>15327300
>isaiah 43
>10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
>11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

The saviour is God. Jews don't believe any of the scriptures. Not even the old testament. They believe in the perverted, man-made talmud.

>who is a liar but he that denieth Jesus is the Christ

>> No.15327650

>>15327610
Moses: An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Jesus: Offer the other cheek.

Do I need to provide citations or are you familiar enough with the bible to know that this is true.

>> No.15327659

>>15327557
>presupposes that Christ is not God incarnate
>arrives to absurd conclusions like him being an epic hippie advaitin non-dualist buddhist who didn't willingly die on the cross and was scared of political pressure
lmao

>> No.15327661

>>15327589
>For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
christians mistranslation or straight corruption of the passage to fit the christology.

this is the original/correct
>For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

>> No.15327664

>>15327591
Nice reaction image, suits you well.

>> No.15327683

>>15327570
Man is Christianity absolutely fucking retarded.
Just deal with the fact that your retarded religion is completely antithetical to the foundational precepts of Judaism, and as such you will never be able to convince a well-read Jew of your absolutely braindead garbage.
I'd far more readily accept Islam's theology/weltanschauung, than any retardation from Cucktianity.

>> No.15327689

>>15327659
I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross. I believe that Pontius Pilate let Jesus survive and escape to Kashmir India, where he is buried to this day. The Protovangelion of James and the gospels themselves provide the reasoning for this. Pilate didn't want to crucify Jesus, but he had to because the Jewish elite were accusing him of insurrectionary activities.

I also have a tendency to agree with the Mandaeans, the students of John the Baptist, who called Jesus "The Lying Messiah". I think Jesus had a massive ego that needed to be checked, that's why he got nailed to that cross, but he learned his lesson and left Judea.

>> No.15327703

>>15327643
>taking a passage without presenting the previous verse
very scummy move
>9. Were all the nations gathered together, and kingdoms assembled, who of them would tell this or let us know of the first events? Let them present their witnesses, and they shall be deemed just, and let them hear and say, "True."

>10. "You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "and My servant whom I chose," in order that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me no god was formed and after Me none shall be.

doesn't appear too christological now, huh?

>> No.15327716 [DELETED] 
File: 30 KB, 400x400, 1558373205611.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327689
>I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross. I believe that Pontius Pilate let Jesus survive and escape to Kashmir India, where he is buried to this day. The Protovangelion of James and the gospels themselves provide the reasoning for this. Pilate didn't want to crucify Jesus, but he had to because the Jewish elite were accusing him of insurrectionary activities.
>>15327689
>I also have a tendency to agree with the Mandaeans, the students of John the Baptist, who called Jesus "The Lying Messiah". I think Jesus had a massive ego that needed to be checked, that's why he got nailed to that cross, but he learned his lesson and left Judea.

>> No.15327726

>>15327597
"Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed."

>> No.15327728

>>15327716
Yes post my greentext with a basedboy image, that suffices as a replacement for a theological argument.

>> No.15327734

>>15327703
The verse says that the saviour is going to be God, but you can't believe it just like your fathers.

>> No.15327736

>>15327683
>you will never be able to convince a well-read Jew of your absolutely braindead garbage
this. all of the jewish converts were fake and the gnostic degenerate sex cults actually contributed most to Christianity.
>I'd far more readily accept Islam's theology/weltanschauung
that's what one would expect from a bugman westerner. you're not surprising anyone here.

>> No.15327740
File: 75 KB, 618x741, helper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327597
>>15327589
Mourning for the Pierced One
10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

Many bulls have surrounded me.
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
They open their mouths wide against me,
lions tearing prey and roaring.
I am poured out like water.
All my bones are out of joint.
My heart is like wax.
It is melted within me.
My strength is dried up like a potsherd.
My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
You have brought me into the dust of death.
For dogs have surrounded me.
A company of evildoers have enclosed me.
They have pierced my hands and feet.
I can count all of my bones.
They look and stare at me.
They divide my garments among them.
They cast lots for my clothing.

But don’t be far off, Yahweh.
You are my help. Hurry to help me!
Deliver my soul from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dog.
Save me from the lion’s mouth!
Yes, you have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen.

I will declare your name to my brothers.
Among the assembly, I will praise you.
You who fear Yahweh, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify him!
Stand in awe of him, all you descendants of Israel!
For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted,
Neither has he hidden his face from him;
but when he cried to him, he heard.

My praise of you comes in the great assembly.
I will pay my vows before those who fear him.
The humble shall eat and be satisfied.
They shall praise Yahweh who seek after him.
Let your hearts live forever.
All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to Yahweh.
All the relatives of the nations shall worship before you.

For the kingdom is Yahweh’s.
He is the ruler over the nations.
All the rich ones of the earth shall eat and worship.
All those who go down to the dust shall bow before him,
even he who can’t keep his soul alive.
Posterity shall serve him.
Future generations shall be told about the Lord.
They shall come and shall declare his righteousness to a people that shall be born,
for he has done it.

>> No.15327751

>>15327689
>I believe that Pontius Pilate let Jesus survive and escape to Kashmir India, where he is buried to this day.
Congrats. This is the most cringe post I have read this month.

>> No.15327764
File: 122 KB, 805x851, 1579668136169.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327689
>the gospels themselves provide the reasoning for this
omg so much this!! the parts where he clearly dies on the cross of his own will were later additions by the Evil Church who was intolerant to gays!!

>> No.15327767

>>15327726
>brings verse that speaks of Israel
>presents it as speaking of Jesus
that passage speaks of the nations of the world, when Israel gets the salvation, the nations of the world will regret their harming of the Jewish people and ask for redemption.. also the original passage doesn't have the word "pierced". thats christian corruption and twisting of the verse

>5. But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.

>> No.15327779

>>15327767
It was always thought of as referring to the Messiah before Christ

>> No.15327785
File: 22 KB, 277x214, 1578290706008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327689
>gospels themselves provide the reasoning for this

>> No.15327789

>>15327734
>God says to Israel "you're my witness, and My servant whom I chose, in order that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me no god was formed and after Me none shall be"
>2000+ years later, christcucks somehow manage to extract that God is saying he is the messiah.
based retard

>> No.15327798
File: 1.22 MB, 2217x2110, shabbos goy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327767
>the world will regret their harming of the Jewish people and ask for redemption

>> No.15327820

>>15327779
>It was always thought of as referring to the Messiah before Christ
bullshit, only after the advent of christianity and the writings of the church fathers did the church start using this verse to refer to Jesus. also you ignored the plain corruption of the passage by christians and the addition of the word "pierced"

>> No.15327845

What do goys get for arguing against Christianity? I get why Christians would want to convert people, but I never understood why goyim so fiercely defend their overlords when they don't even have a share in the world to come?

>> No.15327848

>>15327820
Are you sure?
Behold my servant Messiah shall prosper; he shall be high, and increase, and be exceeding strong: as the house of Israel looked to him through many days, because their countenance was darkened among the peoples, and their complexion beyond the sons of men (Targum Jonathan on Isaiah 53, ad locum).
We find the same interpretation in the What is his [the Messiah's] name? The Rabbis said: His name is "the leper scholar," as it is written, "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him a leper, smitten of God, and afflicted." (Sanhedrin 98b)
Explaining Ruth 2:14 in the Midrash Rabbah it states:He is speaking of the King Messiah: "Come hither" draw near to the throne "and dip thy morsel in the vinegar," this refers to the chastisements, as it is said, "But he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities."

>> No.15327899

>>15327848
>goes to the talmud (which is a collection of discussions and opinions) and brings the interpretation that suits him
why didn't you post the other interpretations too, the ones that Go against your christology? you sly bastard, I'll overlook it, either way, even if the passage is talking about the messiah it's still doesn't fit the christian narrative and idea of sacrifice, the word "pierced" is a deliberate mistranslation

>> No.15327910
File: 1.20 MB, 943x963, behold one like the son of man.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327820
“‘The Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you: 12 When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands. 15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. 16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”

I have found David, my servant;
with my holy oil I have anointed him,
21 so that my hand shall be established with him;
my arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not outwit him;
the wicked shall not humble him.
23 I will crush his foes before him
and strike down those who hate him.
24 My faithfulness and my steadfast love shall be with him,
and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand on the sea
and his right hand on the rivers.
26 He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father,
my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’
27 And I will make him the firstborn,
the highest of the kings of the earth.
28 My steadfast love I will keep for him forever,
and my covenant will stand firm for him.
29 I will establish his offspring forever
and his throne as the days of the heavens.
30 If his children forsake my law
and do not walk according to my rules,
31 if they violate my statutes
and do not keep my commandments,
32 then I will punish their transgression with the rod
and their iniquity with stripes,
33 but I will not remove from him my steadfast love
or be false to my faithfulness.
34 I will not violate my covenant
or alter the word that went forth from my lips.
35 Once for all I have sworn by my holiness;
I will not lie to David.
36 His offspring shall endure forever,
his throne as long as the sun before me.
37 Like the moon it shall be established forever,
a faithful witness in the skies.”

>> No.15327934

How do Jews explain the lack of a temple and any prophecy for more than two thousand years right after they rejected the man who claimed to be the Messiah and converted the gentiles to worship the God of Israel? Is it just a coincidence?

>> No.15327961

>>15327934
Prophethood already halted way before Jesus was even born, and the destruction of the second temple is a natural course, it must be destroyed for the new third temple in the Book of Ezekiel to be built. at least now I know xtians don't read the prophetic writings that go against their delusions
also
> christian God is the God of israel.

>> No.15327966
File: 1.09 MB, 800x1150, Hirschl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327899
For
כִּ֥י (kî)
dogs
כְּלָ֫בִ֥ים (kə·lā·ḇîm)
surround me;
סְבָב֗וּנִי (sə·ḇā·ḇū·nî)
a band
עֲדַ֣ת (‘ă·ḏaṯ)
of evil men
מְ֭רֵעִים (mə·rê·‘îm)
encircles me;
הִקִּיפ֑וּנִי (hiq·qî·p̄ū·nî)
they have pierced
כָּ֝אֲרִ֗י (kā·’ă·rî)
my hands
יָדַ֥י (yā·ḏay)
and feet.
וְרַגְלָֽי׃ (wə·raḡ·lāy)

3 “I saw in the night visions,

and behold, with the clouds of heaven
there came one like a son of man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days
and was presented before him.
And to him was given dominion
and glory and a kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve him;
his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and his kingdom one
that shall not be destroyed.

>> No.15327974

>>15327273
the entire bible is against judaism. it even calls them the synagogue of satan. it reveals how the jews killed christ, how the jews persecuted christians, how the jews were rejected of God in favour of a better nation, how the jews are contrary to all men, etc.

judaism is the worst religion on the planet. it teaches that Jesus is boiling in a cauldron of dung in hell. find me that in the "mosaic law," cauldrons of dung in hell. stupid. It's a God hating religion for idiots

>> No.15328005
File: 18 KB, 400x400, Q-GxQwky_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327966
>they have pierced
>כָּ֝אֲרִ֗י (kā·’ă·rî)
Top KEK, you exposed yourself, retard, the translation under literally says "LION". the passage says "Like a Lion they're at my hands and feet" not "they pierced my hand and my feet" and it's King David saying it, not Jesus.

>> No.15328014

>>15327974
>it teaches that Jesus is boiling in a cauldron of dung in hell.
I've also heard a rabbi teach that Christ is supposedly a reincarnation of Esau. Literally fanfiction tier writing.

>> No.15328017

>>15328005
>>15327966
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_have_pierced_my_hands_and_my_feet

>> No.15328018

>>15328005
ὤρυξαν χεῗράς μου καὶ πόδας

>> No.15328039
File: 59 KB, 960x882, 1567913482026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328017
>shit! quick, wiki will save me
Kek, it says "ARI" which in hebrew means Lion, the passage in hebrew is "like a lion they're at my hands and feet " but nice try, retard, really made me chuckle.

>> No.15328056
File: 1.01 MB, 925x1087, lion's teeth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328039
look up what lions teeth look like
>lion my hands and feeth

>> No.15328066

>>15328039
>there's a long standing controversy about this
>OBVIOUSLY IT'S .....

Apparently not. Not even the other guy, just wanted to let you know that there is such a controversy, you touchy heeb.

>> No.15328076
File: 519 KB, 700x516, 1587455145123.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328056
>l-look at the m-mouth
>its e-exactly like a crucifixion nail
Lmao, keep em coming.

>> No.15328097
File: 188 KB, 658x618, 1569538635588.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328066
>there's a long standing controversy about this
KEK, what controversy, christuck? the Passage is as clear as the sun, it's not ambiguous. nowhere does it say, they pierced my hands and feet.

>> No.15328101

>>15328076
>>15328039
2. The textual witnesses line up historically like this:

* The earliest is the LXX, which has “they pierced”
* The next witness is Qumran, which has “they pierced”
* The next witness is Aquila’s first edition, which is best explained as a transposition of letters from “they pierced”
* The next witness is the Peshitta, which has “they pierced”
* The next witnesses are A2/S/J, which have “they tied”, which can be seen as a ‘reasonable’ mis-understanding from “they pierced”
* We don’t get “like a lion” for centuries after these witnesses, and even then there are MT variants representing “they pierced”
* Later Jewish writers (e.g., Rashi) follow the MT (surprise, surprise), but one or two midrashic writers understand this as a verb, instead of “like a lion”

This sequence alone would make a strong case for “they pierced”.

>> No.15328131
File: 64 KB, 640x460, 1504652703026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328101
>2. The textual witnesses line up historically like this:
LMAOOO, hhahahaha, its a simple passage, retard. YOU even unknowingly posted it, here >>15327966
its says ARI. keep back tracking, TOP KEK

>> No.15328135

>>15327292
You're in for a rough ride in the next decades lmao

>> No.15328145
File: 183 KB, 655x563, pierced.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328101
>>15328131
One of the Dead Sea Scrolls fragments contains Psalm 22:16. This fragment, published in 1997, was discovered in a cache of Scrolls at Nah .al H .ever in Israel during the early 1950s. Significantly, the 5/6 H .ev–Sev4Ps Fragment 11 of Psalm 22 contains the crucial word in the form of a thirdperson plural verb, written vrak (“pierced/dug”).36 While it can often be difficult to distinguish between a waw (v) and yod (y) in the Dead Sea texts, the editors of the most authoritative edition of the scrolls, Discoveries in the Judaean Desert, confirm this reading in its transliteration and in two notes: “Although the photograph . . . is very faded, most of the letters are clearly identifiable under magnification,” and regarding vrak the editors conclude, “with waw (v) and yod (y) clearly distinguishable in this hand . . . this important variant [vrak] reading is assured.

>> No.15328168
File: 63 KB, 600x624, 48371233_2157729111135979_9173617701178834944_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15328131
I don't know hebrew so I just assumed the jews weren't as backbiting as this, to warp their own texts to disagree with everything older than the masoretic which is far younger than the Septuagint and other jewish texts of the psalm 22.
Clearly the masoretic is adulterated

>> No.15328188

>>15328145
>Just one fragmentary copy of Psalm 22 has been identified among the Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran. Unfortunately, this document, known as 4QPsf, becomes illegible at precisely this location in the text. The faded remnants of what may be כר (kr) are visible, but nothing definitive can be learned.
>A somewhat later fragment called 5/6HevPs from a cave at Nahal Hever appears to read כארו (ka’aru), but several scholars who have examined the only published facsimile say the ink is too faded to be certain.
lmao, you keep digging your grave deeper and deeper. but still I haven't laughed like this in a while, does your christian missionary website that you keep copying and pasting from have any copes left?

>> No.15328204

>>15328066
With all due respect to academia, appealing to controversy is not an objection to attempts at settling a question. The only opinion that counts is your interlocutor's.

>> No.15328402

>>15328188
This is all fine and dandy, but why are you ignoring me?
>>15327426
>>15327589
>>15327740
>>15327910

>> No.15328427

>>15327273
>Why did Jews not accept Christ?
They did. That's why Christianity was so widespread among them.
As for why the medieval movement of Torah Rabbinism doesn't it's because it arose as a reactionary movement to Christianity (as opposed to Karaites who are real breakoff jews that didn't follow Christ), evinced by most of the writings they don't share with Christianity are merely rabbi writings trying to disprove the former through creative interpretation. (like claims of how Christ can't be of David's line due to no patrilineal lineage even though several noted Rabbi's of undisputable davidian descent share the same qualifier)

>> No.15328463

>>15328402
>replied to 2 of his posts while arguing with the other anons
>why are you ignoring me
are you jealous or something? is this the last cope?

>> No.15328473

>>15328463
You half assed responded to one of them
The Messiah is described as God and God's son numerous times.

>> No.15328488

>>15327482
G-d

>> No.15328512

>>15328473
>half assed
>to one of them
my responses are precise and sufficient, I dont need walls of text and copes to prove my point. as for you claim that the messiah is God, here's the refutation >>15327661 :^)

>> No.15328669

>>15328512
Immanuel.

>> No.15328716

>>15327300
>which contradicts Mosaic law and Prophetic writing
lol

>> No.15328717

>>15327899
Your really stupid Im just showing jews always saw that verse as referring to the Messiah until Christ BTFO'd you heebs

>> No.15328730

>>15327557
>The clearest argument against Christ is that he was not preaching the traditional Israelite religion.
The "traditional israelite religion" (as if that has anything to do with modern jews lmfao) included a number of strange and seemingly contradictory beliefs
>esus' non-violent doctrine is the one thing that entirely goes against the tradition of the Israelites, who sacrificed animals for their religious services
oh nvm you're retarded lol

>> No.15328995

>>15328730
The OP never said anything about modern jews. He wanted to know why in Jesus' time the Jewish Pharisees were opposed to Jesus. Go back to /pol/ untermensch.

Also, the traditional Israelite religion is clearly a militant organization, and Jesus' movement was not. There's nothing atheistic about this point of view.

>>15327785
>>15327764
>>15327751

Laugh all you want, in 10 years this will be the mainstream historical opinion on Christianity and all of you pseudo religious ideologues will be swept under the rug, or perhaps more fairly, openly mocked for being the idiots that you are.

>> No.15329017

>>15327300
>contradicts Mosaic law
Because jews reject the rabbis, too...

>> No.15329031
File: 45 KB, 489x291, genealogy-of-genesis-5-adam-to-noah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15327495
>in the Hebrew bible, God never foretold that he was going to manifest in the flesh and scarce himself.
That's not exactly true.

>> No.15329044

>>15328995
>mainstream
There won't be a mainstream view on anything in 10 years, except against war.

>> No.15329087

>>15329044
Considering that you completely lack any historical insight, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that you lack foresight as well. You are nobody to tell me what the future has in store pal, you obviously need to spend less time on the internet and more time reading your bible.

>> No.15329109

>>15327273
They were butthurt because the jewish messiah is supposed to conquer the world and give jews supremacy over the gentiles.

>> No.15329148

>>15327273
Titus it didn't go far enough

>> No.15329168

>>15329087
The economic collapse that's ongoing will crumble the last shreds of sanity out of the plebians. There won't be mainstream views, there will only be dominant ones and the rest.
Like in Weimar to Reich conversion. It wasn't a unified nation, even if it looked that way.

>> No.15329277

>>15329168
The economic collapse will force people to come to a consensus about history as a means to regain sanity. Part of that will be providing reasonable historical interpretations of the world religions, like what I have provided. The pessimism you have about the future is not entirely credible, collapse is typically followed by renaissance that reinterprets older traditions and history for the sake of building a new future.

>> No.15329292

>>15329168
>>15329277

Lots of doom and gloomers out there, but civilization has proven to be extremely resilient.

>> No.15329335

>>15327650
The entire scene at the temple where Jesus threw over tables, cursed the merchants, and drove them all out with a whip. The Apostles' buying swords to defend themselves.

>> No.15329504

>>15327495
God comes in anthropomorphic shape all the time in the OT, it's as if that foretells the event.

Or scenes like the fire over the city, where Yahweh sits beside the city wathcing how Yahweh brings fire from Yahweh in the sky... pretty telling.

>> No.15329611

>>15327736
>gnostic degenerate sex cults actually contributed most to Christianity

This is thye funniest part, the gnostics were correct on fundamental stuff the christians misunderstood and thats why they are butthurt about it to this day.

>> No.15329628

>>15327845

this may come as a shock to you, but there are other theological explanations of the world outside abrahamic nonsense, much more convincing too. Put judaism and hinduism side by side, for example, and judaism comes out looking like a braindamaged dwarf.

>> No.15330291

>>15327273
for the same reason that you did: How they were raised.

It's really all so tiresome. Look how simple the answers to these loaded questions are, but people keep asking them, because they want to have their biases confirmed by a bunch of anonymous retards.

>> No.15330295

>>15327273
All literature before 1945 is antijewish literature
Every philosopher before 1945 is antisemitc

>> No.15330298

>>15327557
jesej and susus are fucking legends. I hope they go on tour again.

>> No.15330303

>>15327689
>I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross.
This is true, but for different reasons.

“And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.”
“Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.”

>> No.15330309

>>15327273
>Reeee Jews believe in different imaginary stuff than I do reeeeeeeeeeee

>> No.15330310

>>15327273
The Jews rejected Jesus because He failed, in their eyes, to do what they expected their Messiah to do—destroy evil and all their enemies and establish an eternal kingdom with Israel as the preeminent nation in the world. The prophecies in Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 describe a suffering Messiah who would be persecuted and killed, but the Jews chose to focus instead on those prophecies that discuss His glorious victories, not His crucifixion.

The commentaries in the Talmud, written before the onset of Christianity, clearly discuss the Messianic prophecies of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 and puzzle over how these would be fulfilled with the glorious setting up of the kingdom of the Messiah. After the church used these prophecies to prove the claims of Christ, the Jews took the position that the prophecies did not refer to the Messiah, but to Israel or some other person.

The Jews believed that the Messiah, the prophet which Moses spoke about, would come and deliver them from Roman bondage and set up a kingdom where they would be the rulers. Two of the disciples, James and John, even asked to sit at Jesus’ right and left in His kingdom when He came into His glory. The people of Jerusalem also thought He would deliver them. They shouted praises to God for the mighty works they had seen Jesus do and called out, “Hosanna, save us,” when He rode into Jerusalem on a donkey (Matthew 21:9). They treated Him like a conquering king. Then, when He allowed Himself to be arrested, tried, and crucified on a cursed cross, the people stopped believing that He was the promised prophet. They rejected their Messiah (Matthew 27:22).

Note that Paul tells the church that the spiritual blindness of Israel is a “mystery” that had not previously been revealed (Romans chapters 9–11). For thousands of years, Israel had been the one nation that looked to God while the Gentile nations generally rejected the light and chose to live in spiritual darkness. Israel and her inspired prophets revealed monotheism—one God who was personally interested in mankind’s destiny of heaven or hell, the path to salvation, the written Word with the Ten Commandments. Yet Israel rejected her prophesied Messiah, and the promises of the kingdom of heaven were postponed. A veil of spiritual blindness fell upon the eyes of the Jews, who previously were the most spiritually discerning people. As Paul explained, this hardening on the part of Israel led to the blessing of the Gentiles who would believe in Jesus and accept Him as Lord and Savior.