[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 720x715, FB_IMG_1588462516200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15294009 No.15294009[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Does /lit/ have any experience with SSRIs? I suffer from OCD and have constant existential/philosophical thoughts that make me suicidal. Zoloft made this problem much worse. I was recently given a script for Lexapro but I'm afriad I'll have to go through the same hell. Please help, I'm barley hanging on.

>> No.15294053
File: 392 KB, 664x1000, shutterstock_31103857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15294009
> Using 4chan as a substitute to medical advice
> This is a literature board
Alright look
> I'm barley hanging on
Your psychiatrist cannot work with you if you're dead. If you trust reason, science or evidence, take the medication. He didn't prescribe it cause he felt like it, he's following a protocol based on meta analyses of clinical trials with effectiveness and safety as outcome measures. Stop being scared of pills, you aren't 5, take your meds.

>> No.15294084

>>15294009

ask Jesus to comfort you

>> No.15294088
File: 204 KB, 750x1334, 26 - Bpt5dP3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15294009
I have tried Zoloft and Prozac.
They kinda of numbs you, you feel foggy, you can't cum no matter what. It won't make you happy. It's not like Xanax or weed. SSRIs are shit and don't work. I didn't feel less suicidal on it. I feel less shitty off of it.

>> No.15294121
File: 51 KB, 800x618, mother-wagging-finger-her-baby-white-background-35601127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15294088
There are different phenotypes of major depression, with different pathways misactivated in the brain. Because it has one effect on you, it doesn't mean it will have the same effect on everyone. It's not like recreational drugs. Empirical evidence is the lowest quality of evidence.

OP trust evidence, trust medical science, trust that your doctor went to medical school for 12 years and is half a mil in debt because he wants to help you, and take the pills

>> No.15294974

>>15294009
I took an SSRI and another drug for depression, I found them to be helpful. They will reduce your suffering a bit but they are not a permanent solution. The effectiveness of any drug is going to lessen the more you take it, this is why people jump around on different treatments. The key is to take advantage of the temporary relief the drugs give you to try and solve the underlying issues. You can't live with OCD/Anxiety etc. forever and you also can't take SSRIs forever. Read the bible and try to get to the bottom of your problems through therapy.

>> No.15295023

>>15294009
Took them for a year. Caused me to feel tired and fatigued all the time, but they definitely helped with my depressive thoughts.

>> No.15295037

Embrace the depression, transmute the feels as power

>> No.15295048

>>15294009
My mom and my doctor had me on a cocktail of Effexor,Clonidine, and Welbutrin by the time I was 14
the zoloft “didn’t work”

>> No.15295051

>>15294053
>>15294121
>evidence
Trust big pharma's bias studiee more like it.

>> No.15295061

>>15294009
I took Zoloft for about 6 months, also for severe OCD. It worked and I made massive improvements in my life - I felt like a more "normal" but emotionally suppressed person.
My OCD gradually came back after a few months off it, with some aspects much worse than before and others not so much.
It's worth taking your medication, but some of these conditions are genetic.

>> No.15295070

>>15294009
Unironically you need to speak to someone. The best thing to do would be to get off Twitter, off 4chan, off discord or anywhere else you get triggered by existential feelings .

You need to simplify, learn to live with yourself. Friends and family should be your only interactions, all in real life.

Talk to a therapist, as well as a psychiatrist. You need to explain the Zoloft is not helping.

Pulling for you anon

>> No.15295073

Okay I understand why OP posted his off topic garbage on the literature board. He's midwit who thinks this is the "smart board." What about the people replying? Why are you replying to an off topic thread? What goes on in your head when you decide to do that?

>> No.15295081

>>15294009
Do NOT go on SSRIs. They will kill your soul. What you are experiencing is trauma. I had the same problem and I cured my suicidal thoughts. You need to release and let go of what is making you feel this way. I used a program called Transformation Mastery to do this. It incorporates techniques like pranic breathing, which you should look up. Literally saved my life.

>> No.15295112

>>15294009
>have constant existential/philosophical thoughts that make me suicidal
Fucking midwits, man.

>> No.15295193

I was on Lexapro for 2 years after a bout with depression, anxiety, and a traumatic event. Initially, there was a transition period where I felt very weird and my thinking wasn’t necessarily suicidal but was extremely uninhibited. I just didn’t care about anything including my own thoughts. I would get a weird feeling when I yawned and strange stuff like that too. A couple months in, it legitimately worked and it felt like a burden had been lifted off my shoulders. The problem with this is it lifted the joy with it. I didn’t feel like myself. After a couple of years, I went cold turkey. A few years later and I’m off all prescriptions completely and I don’t think I have clinical depression or anxiety anymore even though I’m still pretty much miserable if that makes any sense. It’s a bit hard for me to say because it definitely worked and may have even saved my life but at the same time they didn’t really help my problem. They just enabled me to run fast far enough from it to not have to deal with it. Either way, I don’t think pills help all that much if you don’t do the work to do what you would if the pills weren’t an option. I think the pills can impede this and for this reason, I’m anti-pill today but at the same time I have to admit it absolutely worked for me. So, I don’t really have an answer for you sorry other than saying you can make it whether you take the pills or don’t take the pills. Either way, I hope you feel better.