[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 576 KB, 1000x1442, deleuze.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15202924 No.15202924 [Reply] [Original]

What can I read that will critique the type of people who write stuff like this?

"rather than the repeated and the repeater, the object and the subject, we must distinguish two forms of repetition. In every case repetition is difference without a concept. But in one case, the difference is taken to be only external to the concept; it is a difference between objects represented by the same concept, falling into the indifference of space and time. In the other case, the difference is internal to the Idea: it unfolds as pure movement, creative of a dynamic space and time which corresponds to the Idea. The first repetition is repetition of the Same, explained by the identity of the concept or representation: the second includes difference, and includes itself in the alterity of the Idea, in the heterogeneity of an ‘a-presentation’ ."

>> No.15204283

Reading at the moment, love the focus on the eternal return.

>> No.15204334

Critique or insult?

>> No.15204353

>>15202924
Did the post-WW2 parisienne intellectual milieu ever achieve anything besides the cultural holocaust that ensued after 1968? Did all that marxist mysticism liberate a single prole from the yoke of the bourgeoisie?

>> No.15204513

>>15204334
Critique I can insult them myself

>> No.15204681

Carnap

>> No.15204797

DFW has an essay that's like a 55-page review of a usage dictionary that also doubles as an examination of language. He has a section where he shits on academic theory writing:

"It probably isn't the whole explanation,but,as with the voguish hypocrisy of PCE,the obscurity and pretension of Academic English can be attributed in part to a disruption in the delicate rhetorical balance between language as a vector of meaning and language as a vector of the writer's own resume. In other words, it is when a scholar's vanity/insecurity leads him to write primarily to communicate and reinforce his own status as an Intellectual that his English is deformed by pleonasm and pretentious diction (whose function is to signal the writer's erudition) and by opaque abstraction (whose function is to keep anybody from pinning the writer down to a definite assertion that can maybe be refuted or shown to be silly). The latter characteristic, a level of obscurity that often makes it just about impossible to figure out what an AE sentence is really saying, so closely resembles political and corporate doublespeak ("revenue enhancement," "downsizing," "preowned," "proactive resource-allocation restructuring") that it's tempting to think AE's real purpose is concealment and its real motivation fear."

>> No.15204826

>>15204797
damn thats scathing

>> No.15204837

>>15204826

there's a couple paragraphs more, but I got tired of typing it up. you should google it - look up dfw modern american usage

>> No.15204868
File: 17 KB, 253x394, Impostures_Intellectuelles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15202924
Alan Sokal. See pic related.

>> No.15205055

>>15202924
I just hate this so much and I hate that people who I otherwise like think this is acceptable. What they're trying to pin down and explain is obscure enough as it is without the deliberate obscurity and brevity.

>> No.15205088

>>15202924
What's your issue with that paragraph, it's very clear and obviously within a line of questioning that goes back to Leibniz if no the ancient Greeks.

>>15204353
There's nothing Marxist in the extract posted here, you're just wrapping different things together because you're too lazy to engage with philosophical arguments. Deleuze owes much more to Duns Scot, Spinoza and Nietzsche than he does to muh Marx. Read a book for a change.

>> No.15205105

>>15202924
I feel like reading and understanding Difference and Repetition is basically the final level of philosophy

>> No.15205107

>>15204868
That book is pretty lame t.b.h. Sokal just keeps quoting sentences that are difficult to understand and without making any effort to understand them say "See? It doesn't make sense at first glance so it must be gibberish."

As a physicist he should be well aware that difficult or counterintuitive thought cannot be easily grasped with a posture of dismissal.

The discourse he criticizes has many flaws but he's a very inefficient exposer of them.

>> No.15205124

>>15205107
>As a physicist he should be well aware that difficult or counterintuitive thought cannot be easily grasped with a posture of dismissal.
Yeah but even the most complicated physics passage could be dumbed down enough that an educated person could understand the gist. This doesn't happen at all with these type of philosophers and it's the only field that has that problem.

>> No.15205138

Philosophy has always been difficult. Try reading a page of Aquinas’s Being and Essence

>> No.15205180

>>15205055
>brevity
Look up that word, you mean the opposite.

>> No.15205181

>>15205055
Oh boy, nice paradoxical insult lol. 'deliberate obscurity' AND 'brevity'

>>15202924
Also I hate this literary masturbation

>> No.15205191

>>15205105
The Ego And The Flesh by Rogozinski.
Just fuckin TRY IT, bitch

>> No.15205210

>>15202924
This isn't even the worst thing in that book.
He's just an abstract thinker. Abstraction pisses off normal human beings.
At least with maths you can check it with a computer

>> No.15205223

>>15205210
>At least with maths you can check it with a computer
I suppose you've never talked with someone who actually works with a proof assistant, because doing that is actually a nightmare and nobody can bother except as a proof of concept. Computer are ridiculously slow with steps of reasoning, something that an average student proves in 10 lines can take 20 pages or more when done with a computer.

>> No.15205234

>>15204797
Why can't Americans into irony?

>> No.15205264
File: 1.02 MB, 1028x736, 1587901512538.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Unilateralization hamstrings dialectics. A unilateral duality is a structure comprising non-relation – the object X as unilateralizing identity – and the relation of relation and non-relation – objectifying thought as unilateralized difference between X and Y, identity and difference. Unlike more familiar instances of unilaterality in philosophy, which ultimately always retain two sides, the unilateral duality effectuated by determination-in-the-last-instance is a duality with only one side: the side of objectification as difference (relation) between X (non-relation) and Y (relation). Accordingly, where dialectics invariably orbits around the relation of relation and non-relation as apex of reflexivity -- which is also the apex of idealist narcissism, since it converts every 'in-itself' into a 'for us' -- the unilateral duality effectuated by determination-in-the-last-instance exemplifies an reflexive and hence non-dialecticizable disjunction between objectifying transcendence and unobjectifiable immanence; one which embodies the non-relation of relation and non-relation. Unlike every variety of reflection, whether transcendental or dialectical, determination-in-the-last-instance effectuates a unilateral duality with only one side – the side of objectifying transcendence. Since the latter is always two sided, i.e. dialectical, determination-in-the-last-instance effectively unilateralizes dialectics. Thus unilateralization cannot be dialectically re-inscribed.

>> No.15205283

>>15205264
inb4 someone says this is easy bro you're just fucking dumb

>> No.15205333

>>15205124
>Yeah but even the most complicated physics passage could be dumbed down enough that an educated person could understand the gist.
As a mathfag who's studied physics as part of his training, I'm honestly not sure. If people knew the kind of sloppy shit physicists allow themselves to get away with in their reasoning they would scream in horror.

I also doubt you coulnd't dumb down most of the so-called 'postmodern' philosophy, granted it depends on the philosopher, but for instance the extract in the OP is pretty simple :

>in the study of the repetition of an act or event, the important distinction is not between the one who does the action and the one who is acted upon
>rather it is in how different the two occurrence of the act are
>when we say an act or event is repeated this assume they are in a sense identical, but since we still can tell them apart, they are also in a sense different
>so how does the fact that they're identical relate to the fact they are different ?
>they can relate in two ways, and those two ways correspond to the two different kind of repetition

>the first way their identity and their difference can relate is if both acts or events are exact reproduction in all their characteristics, and only differ because they're done at separate times (think the ticking of an extremely regular clock : exact same ticking, different time))
>in this case the two repeated acts embody the exact same concept
>their difference is thus external to the concept, the concept is unchanged by the repetition

>the second way their identity and difference can relate is if by the repetition of the act the acts takes on a new meaning or a new form (think an unanswered question, said a second time even though everyone knows the person being asked had heard the question the first time : it is the same words, but the repetition created a sense of impatience or even, depending on the context, an accusation -without saying out loud, it implies : why didn't you answer the first time?)
>you can also think of the comical effect of repetition, sometimes just repeating a sentence or a situation makes it funny
>yet another example is the blossoming of a flower exactly similar to the flower that its seed came from : the repetition of the same biological event embodies a continuity because the first event not only predates, but also creates the second
>in this case the repetition is internal to the concept : it creates a dynamic within the idea that produces the event : the idea of a question become the idea of a question that should have been answered, but hasn't been, the idea of a normal situation becomes the idea of that same situation, but now seen as absurd or comical, the idea of a blossoming flower becomes the idea of the return of blossoming flowers every spring, etc.

Keep in mind I've never read Deleuze and I'm working from an out-of-context extract of barely four lines. There is more to the extract I think but that's the gist.

>> No.15205341

>>15205234
Yeah it's amazing how, in typical DFW fashion, he makes a point to embody the very trend he apparently criticizes.

>> No.15205349

>>15205264
>>15205283
This is the kind of thing that's probably much better explained by a diagram honestly. Reads a bit like if someone was trying to do catgory theory with only sentences and 0 maths.

>> No.15205357

>>15205333
dumb it down even more

>> No.15205359

>>15205264
>>15205283
>>15205349
Also it does sound like a takedown of Hegel but I'm not sure.

>> No.15205403

>>15205359
bro post your top 5 musical artists and your political position so we can see how smart you really are

>> No.15205406

>>15205357
>repetition = two things happens in succession and look the same
>but since we can see they're two things and not one, there must be still a difference
>that difference can be of two kinds

>first kind :
>if the difference is only that they haven't happened at the same time, it's basically the embodiment of the same idea at different times
>the idea behind it is not changed in any way by the repetition
>we say that the repetition is external to the idea
>example : ticking of a perfect clock, different time, but exact same event, the nature of time or of the clock isn't changed at each ticking

>second kind :
>the repetition changes the nature of the idea, so it is more an evolution of the idea through time than just the same idea manifested twice
>we say the repetition is internal to the idea
>example : a sentence is repeated four times, the first time it's a mundane sentence, the second time it's a joke, the third time it's annoying, the fourth time it is starting to get weird
>other (similar) example : repeat a simple word 30 times, by the tenth repetition the word will have lost its meaning and just be a sound
>other example : a question is asked but no answer is given, then the question is asked a second time, this gives an impression of impatience or anger to the question
>other example : one thing happens, that an event, then it happens again, that's a funny coincidence, then it happens yet again, that's the beginning of a pattern, then it happens ten more times, that's a conspiracy

>> No.15205419

>>15205406
what is the point of this

>> No.15205420

>>15205403
>top 5 musical artists
Bach
Marin Marais
Stockhausen
Ali Fakra Touré
Snoop Dog

>political position
Post-crypto-monarchism with a néarchist bent. I'm French btw, that political position is not really sound for most countries other than France.

>> No.15205432

>>15205420
wow rare breed

>> No.15205433

>>15205419
That's an analysis of mouvement and change, aka one of the most common philosophical topics since the Greeks. That kind of stuff easily goes back to Heraclites. Take it or leave but that legit belongs to the realm of philosophy.

>> No.15205444

>>15205432
I put Snoop Dog from the meme, in reality I've more of a sentimental soft spot for I Am and the Ministère Amer. I suppose Wu-Tang Clan is a rough American equivalent.

>> No.15205457

>>15205433
Why don't these type of philosophers ever deal with simple topics in philosophy? Is there any political philosophy where the dude talks like this because I'm curious what that would look like

>> No.15205458

>>15205223
Yes, my point isn't that it's easy, but that it's possible.
With philosophical assertions it's just dudeweed whatifs to start with.

>> No.15205464

>>15205420
>Ali Fakra Touré
reespect

>> No.15205471

>>15205349
You should read any kind of Vedanta. Dvaita, Advaita, The Other One, it's all ten books to draw a damn 3 figure diagram.

>> No.15205505

>>15204353
No. The West was uprooted from its historical narratives, i.e. the Greco-Roman and Biblical, and the capitalists appropriated and commercialized Marxism. Now, we have corporate enforced diversity and mass immigration.

>> No.15205510

>>15205505
Mass immigration has been a constant throughout history into Prehistory.

>> No.15205522

>>15205510
>thing always around good
Oh ok lets shoot ourselves in the head because people have always committed suicide. Fuck off kike

>> No.15205540

>>15205510
Sure. Like when the Sea Peoples mass migrated into Egypt and the Near East and sent civilization into a Dark Age.

>> No.15205546

>>15205522
Yes, that was a very Judaic comment.

>> No.15205548

>>15205522
>>15205540
What part of pointing out a thing isn't new implies I am for it?
I'm only saying that it's not new.

>> No.15205555

>>15205505
>Now, we have corporate enforced diversity and mass immigration.
This implies that before, this was not the case. Investigation of history shows the opposite

>> No.15205569

>>15205555
Western mass migration is unlike anything we've ever seen before in history in that Western people, under the yoke of corporate propaganda, are accepting and cheering on their replacement. You're a retard -- which is why I provided the example of the Sea Peoples. So, in response to your comment, Western mass migration is unique and unprecedented. For a people to voluntarily accept their own replacement, i.e. conquest.

>> No.15205588

>>15205555
checked. good lord how has no one else checked these quads

>> No.15205594

>>15205588
Hard to check quads when the quads accompany a retard reply.

>> No.15205632

>>15205406
Do you have any contact information like a reddit account or anything like that so I can ask you to dumb down philosophy for me when I get confused?

>> No.15205662

>>15205632
Sure mate. Sussex Train station, Sussex, Gent's Toilets, stall number 7

>> No.15205679

>>15205662
i live in florida

>> No.15205727

>>15205569
You are a belligerent retard, you obviously have no idea the history of Europe in general, and Rome in particular

>> No.15205763

>>15205107
Physics and pure mathematics are different because you have layers of abstract concepts and generalizations on top of one another. Much of what you'll learn until the frontiers of research in math is just generalizations of calculus, linear algebra, and geometry. Much of physics is just generalizations of the harmonic oscillator with increasing levels of abstraction. Yes, I know I'm glossing over a lot here. I think we have a problem when you have an "important" figure in philosophy, but no one can agree on what he said, and a bunch of other academics calling each other dunces for "not understanding" said figure, or worse, the "important philosopher" in question accusing everyone of not understanding him.

>> No.15205770

>>15205727
I dunno man, I get the feeling that the migration of tribes in search of lands to settle is not quite the same as what we're seeing now.

>> No.15205794

>>15205770
Different guy, but you have mass migration around Europe right now via the EU and provided they're other Europeans things work out okay (more or less). When people complain about "mass immigration", we all know which groups are the real issue. You don't have to offer some sort of historical precedent for why immigration is good or bad here - just get out already, simple as.

>> No.15205805

>>15205794
>>15205770
>>15205569
Why people get so butt heart about mass immigration the numbers are so tiny. Does white peple in specific cities going from 97% to 93% really that bad?

>> No.15205809

>>15205794
>simple as
I saw you in the CoC thread.
And yeah, I know what you mean.

>> No.15205814

>>15205805
London was 60% white 10 years ago, it's probably below 50 now. The same thing happens all over

>> No.15205828

>>15205805
Imagine being a Euro and wanting to create the space for American-style race politics to arise. What's wrong with you people? Better to avoid it altogether. Seriously, it's so exhausting. You don't even need to cook up some narrative as to why immigration from Africa etc. must happen because
>we're a nation of immigrants
>we owe them because all men are created equal
>we need to live up to the values of MLK Jr.
>etc.

But no, you'd rather say "At least I wasn't racist or reactionary."

>>15205809
Don't know what thread you're talking about.

>> No.15205831

>>15205805
The numbers aren't tiny in France or the United States, and they're going to reach similarly overwhelming levels in the rest of the West if present trends continue.

The issue in America isn't the same as the issue in Europe though, to be fair. If the new immigrants assimilated and voted for Republicans at rates high enough to keep the present political system stable, I doubt the dissident right would ever have gotten off the ground.

>> No.15205850

>>15205406
thanks anon. I liked your second explanation of the second kind in the second sentence. Very well phrased
>the repetition changes the nature of the idea, so it is more an evolution of the idea through time than just the same idea manifested twice

>> No.15205855

>>15205458
>Yes, my point isn't that it's easy, but that it's possible.
Not for all axiomatics though, but fair enough for most usual mathematics.

>>15205457
Those topics are actually the simplest, but for this reason they're the most difficult to deal with because very soon you're forced to deal with concept that we take for granted and have little real understanding of (like time, space, change, etc.).

Deleuze did a lot of political philosophy, from what I gather he has interesting commentaries on Hobbes.

>>15205471
My secret dream is to become a professional philosophy-to-diagrams translator. I'm pretty sure most of German idealism and a good deal of European medieval metaphysics are just being to be diagrammatized.

>>15205632
Don't listen to >>15205662, I live in France and I have no secret account. But maybe I'll start doing a Dumb philosophy questions general. Only if others also contribute though.

>>15205763
True, but even at the simpler levels there is a lot of confusing retardedness in physics. I even have a friend who gave up physics and chose to focus on mathematics because of that, even though he was generally more successful in his physics class. His professors told him it was a waste of his talents, but he was tired of the mindfuckery.

> I think we have a problem when you have an "important" figure in philosophy, but no one can agree on what he said
But isn't that even more true of the most uncontroversial figures of philosophy like Plato or Aristotles? I actually expect the scholars of Deleuze to have a pretty good consensus on the man's opinions. The problem is lot of unprepared people jumping into it and being surprised they don't get it. Deleuze is near the end of a 2500 years long conversation between hundreds of very focused autists.
Really I think the only one with the "you don't understand him so you must be dumb" syndrom is Derrida, and that's only because Derrida has been co-opted by literary analysis academics in the US. From the little I can tell Deleuze is not easy but not dishonest either and often fairly refreshing.

Artists in particular seem to be often fond of him, especially musicians.

>> No.15205861

>>15205814
It's one city. The biggest city. The overall number are still like 93. It's not that big of a deal.

>> No.15205865

>>15205850
Thanks, if that's clear I have achieved my purpose. Btw I feel like the first kind of repetition comes from a Leibnizian point of view while the second kind sounds more like Hegel, but I might very well be wrong.

>> No.15205872

>>15205855
*are just begging to

>> No.15205882
File: 323 KB, 1110x778, tricked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15205883

>>15205855
>I live in France and I have no secret account. But maybe I'll start doing a Dumb philosophy questions general. Only if others also contribute though.
Make a reddit account and start posting on /r/askphilosophy they badly need someone who can explain shit like that

>> No.15205903

>>15205865
I am unread. Unfortunately your category distinctions mean nothing to me. I will take some time to understand the rudiments of what you implied. Regards

>> No.15205922

>>15205855
I think physics is mostly suspect when you get to quantum field theory. I mean it obviously works but it's not really rigorous mathematically except in a few special cases. With that said I do think a lot of modern philosophy is written with a bit too much literary flourish at the expense of understandability, which I think it would be hard to accuse Aristotle of.

>> No.15205937

>>15205333
Even if I write down a bunch of senseless bullshit there will always be some intelligent person who can extract out a coherent meaning. In the same way I can hit a bunch of random keys on a piano and find a musician who will point out that I played a diminished 7th or a minor 9th.

>> No.15205942

>>15205805
So, this is a complete lie. Are the numbers that "tiny?" They're not. We're being replaced. See Sweden, the United States, France. etc. You are a liar.

>>15205727
The Romans never accepted mass immigration. The Empire required bodies to fill its ranks. The Germanic peoples were appeased by money. Once the Roman treasury dried up, the Germans sacked Rome and destroyed the Western Empire. In the U.S., on the other hand, natives are being replaced at an unprecedented level. Corporations are facilitating such replacement to fuel their businesses and to create more profit or surplus value. Rome was an unintended consequence. The people never consented to their replacement. As per recent polls, most Americans are content with their replacement, i.e. their upcoming minority status. Why is that? It's because Americans are zombies and are under the rule of private corporations.

Another point: The Germans had way more in common with the Romans than post-1965 immigrants do with Americans.

>> No.15205951

>>15205770
Look up the Tervingi and what happened when they were allowed in at the Roman border, in order to be used as military and then resettlement, only to be fucked over last minute, which made them turn on the Romans who had also last minute kept the Greuthungi from even entering (the Greuthungi had then been forced into conscription by the Huns along with the Alans. When the Tervingi were screwed over, they all skipped the enforced forts of the Military, and hit the highway that connected east and west sides of the empire, where all the supplies went. This was of course because of the long established Roman practice of taking in tribes in trouble in order to conscript them for war and agriculture.
Sound familiar?)

>> No.15205954

>>15205942
>So, this is a complete lie. Are the numbers that "tiny?" They're not. We're being replaced. See Sweden, the United States, France. etc. You are a liar.
Please post statistics that prove otherwise unless all statistics are a jewish conspiracy and it just feels like you're being replaced

>> No.15205965

>>15205922
Problem is that our understanding of Aristotle is muddied by the problem of translation and the problem of recovering his actual writings (they're pretty well preserved for the time but as with all ancient works there are missing areas).

I'm not sure quantum field theory is very unrigorous, from what I heard it's lots of Hilbert space operator theory with some group theory, seems like legit math.
My issue with physics is more the retarded heuristics that they feed you starting in first year and without explanation. Physicists have a lot of thinking habits that happen to work but that are very confusing when you think about them.
Of course I'm speaking as a pure mathfag, I really biased here.

>> No.15205970

>>15205937
Not him, but isn't a chord actually a good example of repetition of the second type? Consider like, a repeated power chord as part of a metal riff or as the background in jazz improvisation.

>> No.15205971

>>15205951
No.

>> No.15205974

>>15205937
Sure but the words I used aren't even that different from the words Deleuze used. Why assume he was spouting words at random when a slight rearrangement made sense? This is a guy who is known to have studied rationalists thinkers thoroughly, remember.

>> No.15205976

>>15205965
Well most work is done w/ path integrals which isn't really formalized but still seems to work and somehow outputs results in pure mathematics as well e.g. Witten. It's intuitively clear enough how to construct it for physical purposes but it's a mess to define rigorously.

>> No.15205980

>>15205903
Don't worry that was just an aside. Really the intuition should be in my explanation above. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

>>15205883
I have trouble standing reddit, nothing about the memes or the rivalry but the interface simply doesn't suit me.

>> No.15205983

>>15205861
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
yeah no big deal, just one of these in every city, ongoing and covered up for decades

>> No.15205985
File: 184 KB, 414x834, best case.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15205954
Here's what Europe will look like in 2050 if we end immigration to Europe completely. This is the best case scenario and will not happen. Most Europe countries would be 10% Muslim.

>> No.15205990

>>15205976
>It's intuitively clear enough how to construct it for physical purposes but it's a mess to define rigorously.
I see, that does sound like almost every physics I've ever studied.

>> No.15206000

>>15205990
I think classical mechanics is fairly rigorously formulated via symplectic geometry, and most of QM via operator theory, it's when you get into QFT that things start to get non-rigorous by pure mathematical standards.

>> No.15206007
File: 192 KB, 412x856, current trend.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15205954
Here's what Europe will look like if current trends continue. This is likely but we can also reasonably assume immigration will actually increase as we move into the future. As you can see, Sweden, France, and England will be approximately 20% Islamic. All other Western European countries will be 10% Islamic.

So, in other words, from 2000-2050, only 50 years, Sweden, France, and England will have turned 80% white, down from virtually 100%.

>> No.15206016

>>15205983
ah here comes the pol conspiracies

>> No.15206020

>>15205985
holy SHIT 10% ARE YOU JOKING 10% OF THE COUNTRY IT'S GONNA BE MADNESS THERE IS GONNA BE A MUDSLIME IN EVERY CITY HOLY SHIT

>> No.15206028
File: 201 KB, 415x914, high immigration.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15205954
Here's what Europe will look like if it must endure another wave of migrants from the Middle East and that's very likely.

Sweden will have lost 30% of its white population by that time. Germany 20%.

These are MAJOR numbers. A major alteration of European societies.

I need not even provide much on the U.S. We were 90% White in 1960. 70% in 2000. About around 50% now. The U.S. will have gone from a virtually 100% white country to a 50% white country is less than 100 years. Insanity.

>> No.15206037

>>15206016
Youre just going to pretend it's not real like the disgusting cowardly liar you are

>> No.15206041

>>15206020
Blacks are 10% of the U.S. and they control: Sports, slang, popular media, and exert disproportional influence in historical matters as well as political policy. Europe will adopt this mindset. You think 10% of the population is tiny. That's hilarious.

>> No.15206042

>>15206007
You forget that climate change is simultaneously making traditional temperate zones into desert, and making tundras thaw and dustbowls moisten.
In 20 years we'll be happy to let the arabs have europe and the beaners have the US.
We'll be in Russia and Canada and possibly colonizing Antarctica.
Fuck them, they can have our stripped leftovers. It's not like there's still significant resources to be exploited in the current temperate zones anyway.

>> No.15206045

>>15206028
I'm so sorry what are you gonna have to do if there is one or two darker than normal people at the starbucks you go to. I can't let you deal with this problem. I take back everything I said. We need to shut down the borders.

>> No.15206051

>>15206041
Hahaha you've never been to the US, buddy. Europe is massively more pozzed

>> No.15206058

>>15206045
Never Forget: taco trucks are cultural INBASION

>> No.15206060

>>15206045
Imagine boiling down different people to darkness of skin. Absolute brain-let and the absolute state of /lit/. Literally, do better.

>> No.15206065

>>15206037
moon landing isnt real either

>> No.15206072

>>15206058
Invasion is seeing your childhood neighborhood change into Mexico City and your children being forced to learn a Mexican dialect of Spanish to accommodate Jorge, who just washed up on the shores of Texas 2 weeks ago.

>> No.15206075

>>15206041
Why is that bad? Most racists I know that go /pol/ still listen to rap music and watch sports. It's not black people forced white people on gun point to enjoy their culture they did on their own whim. Maybe if you want the culture to change you should create something that would make the people want to enjoy your stuff.

>> No.15206077

>>15206020
The US was 12% black until the 1960s and look at how many problems we had with that. I know you don't want to be seen as a reactionary but the reality is third-world immigration makes your life worse relative to the timeline in which it doesn't happen. I just don't get why you want to have American problems in addition to problems you already have.

>> No.15206078

>>15206045
yeah not liking theyre raping millions of children or anything

>> No.15206081

>>15205980
>Hegel
No worries, appreciate you. Well, I just finished a little 15 minute snack of Liebniz's cosmological argument, and I am on to a lecture of Hegel's life and work. Blessings

>> No.15206085

We're being invaded by /pol/.
Look how half a thread on academic obscurantism is now BRANDON TARRANT DINDU NUFFIN WRONG

>> No.15206093

>>15206077
What problems did they bring?

>> No.15206096

>>15206077
This is not a future to avoid. You're already living in Eurabia.
60% of Berlin is Turk.
It's fuckin over. Deal with it or move to Russia or Canada.

>> No.15206097

>>15206085
nobody cares you whiny faggot

>> No.15206102

>>15206075
Society becomes low trust, symptoms of which include segregation and balkanization. Collective IQ becomes lower. Politics become more radical. In a democracy, where only numbers matter, politics becomes a matter of ethnic conflict -- whose holidays will be expressed? Whose version of education will be taught at universal public schools? Moreover, fundamental disagreements over governing principles emerge. This is why the U.S. is failing. You're approaching this from the assumption that multiculturalism works -- it doesn't. I don't listen to rap, by the way. You've spent too much time on /pol/, I guess. And no, this is all forced. Corporate diversity is forced. Immigration is the law, which will be enforced by the State who holds a monopoly on violence. You are so wrong on everything.

>> No.15206105

>>15206096
>just deal with it
No suck a dick you fucking trash

>> No.15206107

>>15206093
lmao is this real

>> No.15206124

>>15206107
Yeah you're gonna post a bunch of nothing

>> No.15206131

>>15206093
A Civil War over slavery, significantly higher rates of almost all violent crimes relative to non-blacks, the Civil Rights act (which evolved into today's intersectionality + administrative state), constant talk about race issues in media after Obama's re-election, etc.

Just think, you in Europe can avoid ALL of these potential problems, by not promoting third-world immigration. It's trivial to stop. Immigration is literally shut down RIGHT NOW because of the lockdown. I don't understand why you're so opposed to NOT having these sort of things, maybe you're a Communist or radical liberal.

>> No.15206132

>>15206102
>Society becomes low trust,
Not real
>Collective IQ becomes lower.
Not real
> Politics become more radical.
Based
>whose holidays will be expressed? Whose version of education will be taught at universal public schools? Moreover, fundamental disagreements over governing principles emerge.
All fox news talking points that have no real world effect. "radical lefbist want to take CHRIST out of CHRISTMAS"

> I don't listen to rap, by the way. You've spent too much time on /pol/, I guess. And no, this is all forced.
Do you listen to Jazz? Do you listen to Rock music?

>> No.15206134

>>15205974
On one hand I don't doubt it, although I also don't doubt that there are countless academics who write incomprehensibly in order to protect themselves from criticism or to hide the lack an actual idea being articulated. On the other hand, if someone is prolific and has so many ideas to share, why not simply write them down clearly so that they aren't misunderstood? Why write in such a vague style when there are plenty of writers who have no problem articulating themselves clearly?

>> No.15206139

>>15205191
Just read a review of this book and it says this:

>Heidegger's error is not the solipsism of his approach but its not being solipsistic enough. For him, Dasein, which Rogozinski translates as l'existant, "existing-being", is both the singular existing being, which is always mine, and a universal, neutral and anonymous Self with which Heidegger finally identifies Dasein. This leads Heidegger to betray his own initial thesis and as a result Dasein loses its ownmost singularity. The being-one's-self (Selbstsein) of Dasein is now presented as an anonymous, universal neutral Self (Selbst), which was supposed to define authentic existence, but which resembles the They (das Man). Since Heidegger concentrates on the ontological difference between Being and beings, he dismisses "the ecological difference" between me and everything that is not me, which would help him to dissociate myself from the everyday inauthentic existence.

Das Man is not some kind of transcendent Other to which Dasein’s singularity is subordinated and the difference between being and beings is obviously prior to the distinction between me and everything else (or any other distinction that can be drawn between beings, for that matter). So far I get the impression that this guy doesn’t really understand Heidegger but I’m gonna check it out, maybe I’m wrong.

>> No.15206142

>>15206132
>>Collective IQ becomes lower.
>Not real
yeah its just a coincidence that Africa, the caribbean...right every place they exist sucks.

>> No.15206152

>>15206134
isn't a lot of this mostly an issue with the French?

>> No.15206154

>>15206131
>significantly higher rates of almost all violent crimes relative to non-blacks,
I wonder why a race which has been enslaved and then segregated and kept poor and abandoned for the past 200 years is gonna have slightly higher crime than us white people.

>constant talk about race issues in media after Obama's re-election
Seriously you are supposed to a /pol/ retard posting stats not my conservative grandmother crying about the gays kissing on her soap opera

>I don't understand why you're so opposed to NOT having these sort of things,
The only people who are opposed to other races are those who drank the kool aid. You know this right? You are the people everyone wants to stay away from.

>> No.15206159

>>15205980
also, as an aside. One thing I learned from playing video games for longer than I should have is that the best loot comes from the hidden corners of a map. You have to be willing to think differently, and explore, to get the best

>> No.15206160

>>15206154
>slightly higher crime than us white people.
Massively higher crime, andt they have it in every single other country too you fucking retard

>> No.15206161

>>15206016
>conspiracy
I mean it's literally written right there

>> No.15206171

>>15206142
>yeah its just a coincidence that Africa, the caribbean...right every place they exist sucks.
Yeah because these environments have good education systems right. It's almost like when you are poor you care more about eating than reading books. What about the educated Nigerians that immigrate that I guarantee have a higher IQ than you?

>> No.15206173

>>15206139
Oh dude, I finished it last summer, bathroom book. It gets fuckin bonkers. His actual conclusion is pretty good, though.

>> No.15206176

>>15206154
>I wonder why a race which has been enslaved and then segregated and kept poor and abandoned for the past 200 years is gonna have slightly higher crime than us white people.
Who cares? You don't have them in Europe. That's America's problem, not your problem, unless you want it to be, which you do for some reason.

>The only people who are opposed to other races are those who drank the kool aid. You know this right? You are the people everyone wants to stay away from.
If you drink the cool aid you'll have lower rates of bad things. Simple as. Are you a Communist btw?

>> No.15206180

>>15206160
>Massively higher crime, andt they have it in every single other country too you fucking retard
Name one country where blacks have lived peacefully without racism and with a good education system for hundreds of years

>> No.15206184
File: 838 KB, 847x641, destiny.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15206176
What do you think of when you see this face?

>> No.15206188

>>15206176
>You don't have them in Europe.
Yes they do you dumb asshole.
Why are you posting old social media migrant crisis shit from 2010? It's over. They won.

>> No.15206198

>>15206152
Most likely. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, I actually don't no anything about Deleuze- It just happens to be the example OP used.

>> No.15206200

>>15206180
You mean blacks have utterly failed every single place they exist, weird

>> No.15206218

>>15206200
Nice job dodging the question

>> No.15206238

>>15206188
It only approaches the American share of the population in a few countries who are both rich and dumb enough to want American problems. If you're in a hole, stop digging. Start sending people back. How hard can it be?

>> No.15206590
File: 400 KB, 750x747, 049428C4-C982-4D76-9B0B-46203AA8A927.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15206093

>> No.15206908

>>15204797
>>15204868

These, also:

Politics and the English Language by Orwell
The Painted Word by Tom Wolfe

>> No.15207661

>>15204797
Gives me a chuckle, I've got a mark Twain quote I like to use on people
>Don't use a five-dollarwordwhen a fifty-centwordwill do.

>> No.15207884

>>15205420
what's néarchisme?

>> No.15208061

>>15204797
What's the essay called?

>> No.15209440

>>15202924
What's wrong with this?

>> No.15209518

>>15204353
it was actually created by the cia and european secret service to combat leninism

>> No.15209526

>>15209518
please let this become hyperstition, so based

>> No.15209534

>>15202924
other such people

>> No.15209754

>>15204868
Sokal is a spiritless pseud

>> No.15211137

>>15202924

Imagine not being able to understand this. /lit/ is a cesspit.

>> No.15212647

>>15211137
Maybe he just doesn't like pseud writing

>> No.15213309
File: 381 KB, 1060x1064, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15205359
>takedown of Hegel
Not exactly, more like affirmation. Dialectics was correct but incomplete due to unilateralization and needed updating.

>>15205283

maybe context helps?

>> No.15213370

>>15205855
HES GOING TO DO IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOk6HB609po

>> No.15213384

>>15202924
the second one doesn't seem like a repetition

>> No.15213395

>>15213370
the quality of memes has really gone down since 2016

>> No.15214860

>>15206028
The conclusion I have gained from this: begin learning Polish.

>> No.15214984

>>15205406
anon I hope I caught you before you go. what exactly is an idea and how does it become manifest in the world? like, does an idea represent a chair etc.? because that seems stupid. otherwise, ideas seem uselessly abstract.