[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 278 KB, 1536x865, sermon-on-the-mount.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15093881 No.15093881 [Reply] [Original]

Have you ever noticed that most theories about why the modern world is bad focus on the Other Man who is a bad influence? This can be the Jew, the capitalist, the Marxist, the industrialist, the fascist, etc. These theories are all essentially the same in that they lay the blame on the Other Man and that man himself is blameless. Guilt is shifted away from the self to the Other, because if the Other Man is guilty, he can be removed by force. If the self is guilty then it becomes much harder to rectify things.

The first step on the path to God in the modern world is the epiphany that there is no Other Man. This realization forces one to admit his own guilt, and thus lay down his mind before God. The problem with the modern world is not some perceived external force like Capitalism, which is so often treated by the guilty as a cause rather than a symptom of modernity. The problem is with man himself.

Refusal to admit one's own guilt (that man has abandoned God) leads to schizophrenic mental gymnastics trying to prove that the crisis is external and material. And as long as the crisis is perceived to be of this world, man is blind. He has been running around in circles like a headless chicken for over two centuries now.

Marx was guilty. Hitler was guilty. Kaczynski is guilty. You are guilty. Lay down your mind before God. Repent.

>> No.15093892 [DELETED] 

>>15093881
It’s difficult

>> No.15093905
File: 100 KB, 800x1106, B8BC1BAF-95B6-48D3-9958-F5A12C172EA3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15094017

>>15093881
Well said OP. Agree.
Christ called us to repent so it's obligatory.

>> No.15094037

>>15094017
Jesus was a hysterical kike. Nothing he said was obligatory and I’m glad he was put to death

>> No.15094159

>>15094037
Repent.

>> No.15094198

>>15093881
Conservative misuse the nature of man to justify the status quo. Just because Human nature is not apt to operate a perfect political system doesn't mean it couldn't operate a system that's better than the one we have now.

>> No.15094432

There is no higher teaching than what Christ taught, in fact he is the "truth" itself. Anyone who has ears to hear will be blessed!

>> No.15094439

Amen.

>> No.15094454
File: 187 KB, 1000x1091, c30.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Father Suarez died with so much peace, that in his last moments he said: ”I could not have imagined that death was so sweet.” Being advised by his physician not to fix his thoughts so constantly on death, Cardinal Baronius said: Is it lest the fear of death should shorten my life? I fear not; on the contrary, I love and desire death. Of the Cardinal Bishop of Rochester, Saunders relates, that, in preparing to die for the faith, he put on his best clothes, saying that ho was going to a nuptial feast. When he came within view of the place of execution, he threw away his staff, and said: O my feet, walk fast; for we are not far from Paradise. ”Ite pedes, parum a paradiso distamus.” Before death, he wished to recite the TE DEUM, in thanksgiving to God for permitting him to die for the holy faith; and, full of joy, he laid his head on the block. St. Francis of Assisium began to sing at the hour of death. Brother Elias said to him: Father, at the hour of death, we ought rather to weep than to sing. But, replied the saint, I cannot abstain from singing at the thought of soon going to enjoy God. A nun of the order of St. Teresa, in her last moments, said to her sisters in religion, who were in tears: O God! why do you weep? I am going to possess my Jesus; if you love me, weep not, but rejoice with me. (Dis. Parol. i. 6.)

Father Granada relates, that a certain sportsman found in a wood a solitary singing in his last agony. How, said the sportsman, can you sing in such a state? The hermit replied: Brother, between me and God there is nothing but the wall of this body. I now see that since my flesh is falling in pieces, the prison shall be destroyed, and I shall soon go to see God. It is for this reason I rejoice and sing. Through the desire of seeing God, St. Ignatius, martyr, said, that if the wild beasts should spare him, he would provoke them to devour him. “Ego vim faciam, ut devorer.” St. Catherine of Genoa was astonished that some persons regarded death as a misfortune, and said: ”O beloved death, in what a mistaken light do men view you! Why do you not come to me? I call on you day and night”

>> No.15095149

>>15094454
>St. Ignatius
Redpill me on him.

>> No.15095366

>>15094198
All ideology fags are delusional, every revolution just leads to bloodshed and the problems just multiply. I think there's a deep truth to Christianity, in the sense that mans pride is also his downfall. Genuine Christianity is about realizing that we don't know as much as we think we do, that most of our preconceived notions of reality are superstitious