[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 70 KB, 344x500, zen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15006256 No.15006256 [Reply] [Original]

“If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion.” -Lin chi

''“If you want to perceive and understand objectively, just don’t allow yourself to be confused by people. Detach from whatever you find inside or outside yourself – detach from religion, tradition, and society, and only then will you attain liberation. When you are not entangled in things, you pass through freely to autonomy.”

>> No.15006265

M
D I A R Y
E
S
U

>> No.15006303
File: 681 KB, 499x680, 1574587262923.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006256
You keep trying to make these threads a thing. Maybe you should discuss actual Zen philosophy as opposed to just posting pointless quotes.

Start with Nagarjuna. Madhyamika is the basis for Zen and is necessary for one to realize the limits of reason which is needed for one to understand the purpose of the "absurd" quotes and koans of Zen.

>> No.15006340

>>15006303
>implying going backwards in history isn't more likely to make contemporary readers confused through the means of referring one to long-forgotten inter- and intra-sectorial debates as well as forms of description or dialectic one might not be familiar with

>> No.15006359
File: 304 KB, 1280x720, pepespirit3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006303
No im one of advaita anons, put wisdom put in practice remains the same
post more zen

>> No.15006374

Thanks OP for carrying the OP torch.
Here’s a bit from Huangbo:
>The burning house can't be departed;
>Why fritter about seeking the desolate?
>The King of Dharma:
>A cloud of smoke on a distant mountain.

The imagery of “burning house” as something must be left or escaped from that is much agonized in Buddhist discourse is entirely swept aside here.

>>15006303
Zen Masters don’t treat either of them as the “basis” for their teachings. They entirely reject the doctrines that people associate with those figures.

H

>> No.15006383

>The Unfettered Mind
http://www.alexandrosmarinos.com/TheUnfetteredMind.pdf

>>15006303
>blah blah blah you need this SPECIAL WORD and the SPECIAL SECRET KNOWLEDGE BEHIND IT or else you're DOOMED, and no I can't be bothered to explain what i mean or why, but here, check out this portrait of me, I am a green frog boy - yes you see many copies of me around online, I am very popular, but I am a specially customized one, you see, I am not only very popular but a very special unique boy
okay retard

>> No.15006402

>>15006256
>ZEN
>ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN
>ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN
>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>EN
> ZEN
> ZEN
> ZEN
> ZEN

>> No.15006436

>>15006374
>copy some shit you read
>narrate about it
>don't explain or define
>pretend you know what you're talking about anyway
IF YOU EXPLAIN IT THAT SHATTERS THE ANCIENT JAPANESE SERENE WISDOM
IT SHATTERS THE SHAMISEN PLAYING IN MY BRAIN
AND MY IMAGINARY ANIME FRIENDS DISCUSSING DEEP MATTERS INCLUDING THE CUTE ANIME GIRLS WHO LOVE ME
IT RUINS EVERYTHING

>> No.15006466

https://discord.gg/FFwRXKq

>> No.15006468

>>15006436
If people gossiping about Zen Masters frightens you so much, why are you posting here?

Most people who don’t understand something start by asking questions.

>> No.15006477
File: 118 KB, 1032x736, Osho_HD_020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zen is not a philosophy at all. To approach Zen as if it is a philosophy is to begin in a wrong way from the very beginning. A philosophy is something of the mind; Zen is totally beyond the mind. Zen is the process of going above the mind, far away from the mind; it is the process of transcendence, of surpassing the mind. You cannot understand it by the mind, mind has no function in it.

Zen is a state of no-mind, that has to be remembered. It is not Vedanta. Vedanta is a philosophy; you can understand it perfectly well. Zen is not even Buddhism; Buddhism is also a philosophy.

Zen is a very rare flowering - it is one of the strangest things that has happened in the history of consciousness - it is the meeting of Buddha's experience and Lao Tzu's experience. Buddha, after all, was part of the Indian heritage: he spoke the language of philosophy; he is perfectly clear, you can understand him. In fact, he avoided all metaphysical questions; he was very simple, clear, logical. But his experience was not of the mind. He was trying to destroy your philosophy by providing you with a negative philosophy. Just as you can take out a thorn from your foot with another thorn, Buddha's effort was to take out the philosophy from your mind with another philosophy. Once the first thorn has been taken out, both thorns can be thrown away and you will be beyond mind.

But when Buddha's teachings reached China a tremendously beautiful thing happened: a crossbreeding happened. In China, Lao Tzu has given his experience of Tao in a totally non-philosophical way, in a very absurd way, in a very illogical way. But when the Buddhist meditators, Buddhist mystics, met the Taoist mystics they immediately could understand each other heart to heart, not mind to mind. They could feel the same vibe, they could see that the same inner world had opened, they could smell the same fragrance. And they came closer, and by their coming closer, by their meetings and merging with each other, something new started growing up; that is Zen. It has both the beauty of Buddha and the beauty of Lao Tzu; it is the child of both. Such a meeting has never happened before or since.

Zen is neither Taoist nor Buddhist. It is both and neither. Hence the traditional Buddhists reject Zen and the traditional Taoists also reject Zen. For the traditional Buddhist it is absurd, for the traditional Taoist it is too philosophical, but to those who are really interested in meditation, Zen is an experience. It is neither absurd nor philosophical because both are terms of the mind. It is something transcendental.

>> No.15006504

>>15006477
Do you have anything Zen Masters said to lend credence to your wacky claims about them?

>> No.15006557

>>15006468
if you don't understand something you shouldn't bring it up and wave it around pretending like you do

>> No.15006574

>>15006504
>wacky claims
DO YOU HAVE ANY AUTHORITY THAT SAYS IT'S OKAY FOR YOU TO THINK THAT WAY????

>> No.15006600

>>15006402
Zenzen wakaranai
(if u watch anime ull no wat it means)

>> No.15006624
File: 193 KB, 868x960, talisman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006477
Op here based and checked
Zen is continues practice in everyday life

>> No.15006633

>>15006477
>philosophy
>mind
>logical
>transcendental

>dramatic narrative

you are a fucking retard
you don't know what any of those words mean
everything you type is horseshit you made up to practice putting on airs

look at all this horseshit you narrated without explaining anything about 'zen'
what a piece of shit you are

all subhumans without soul are like this
they honestly have no idea what an explanation is
they don't know the difference between explanation and just ranting until their emotions are satisfied and they become bored

its simply because their minds are not organized by purpose/logic - the places in their brain where ideas are stored are not connected to each other directly, they're connected centrally to a part of the brain governed by chemical reward - they are enslaved to social pressure, the desire to be accepted and have value

this is probably made much worse because they are habitual masturbators, in many ways but mostly literally. their satisfaction from this is the most energetic and consistent thing in their lives, so their being bends toward lust and greed

>> No.15006655

>>15006633
You just got trolled from beyond the grave by Osho, sorry buddy.

>> No.15006674

I CAME TO THIS THREAD TO DROP NAMES AND QUOTES BUT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE ALL THE BASED COVERED

>> No.15006699
File: 202 KB, 606x731, pepebuddha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006655
checked and keked , these hylics never learn do they heh

>> No.15006763

Since people posting in a Zen thread get terribly upset by what Zen Masters say...what better to do than post some more?

>A monk asked, "What is 'holy'?"
>Joshu said, "Ordinary."
>The monk said, "What is 'ordinary'?"
>Joshu said, "Not holy."
>The monk said, "When neither ordinary nor holy - what then?"
>Joshu said, "What a fine Zen monk!"

>> No.15006781

>>15006340
>>15006359
>>15006374
>>15006383
This is sad. These recent Zen thread must be posted by anti-Zen shills. Never seen so many people working so hard on making sure Zen appears to be complete retardation.

>> No.15006832

>>15006781
>narrating
>not explaining anything
okay retard

>> No.15006848

>>15006781
>the historical narrative is absolute
>everything ought to be learned in chronological order

>> No.15006865

Im actually creating my own stronger philosophy which will BTFO zen budism for ever

>> No.15006895

>>15006781
So, people who post up Zen texts for discussion are 'anti-zen' but people who post religious propaganda aren't? ok, chief.

>> No.15006917

>>15006383
You clearly haven't read the book you keep posting. It is filled with muh spooky special words and their explanations.
>>15006832
>explaining
woaah dude don't you know about the Zen masters and what they thought about such nonsense?!

Zen is honey to reddit nihilists that are not content with mere meaningless atheism. So they spice it up with ancient Chinese quotes and a false sense of superiority. Go back to your subreddit please.

>> No.15006963

>>15006477
>Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind, Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no relaization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received."

Dokuon, who was smoking quietly, said nothing. Suddenly he whacked Yamaoka with his bamboo pipe. This made the youth quite angry.

>"If nothing exists," inquired Dokuon, "where did this anger come from?"

>> No.15006983

>>15006963
>Dokuon of Shokoku
Guy probably wasn't a Zen Master based on the records we have.

>> No.15006988

>>15006848
>everything ought to be learned in chronological order
Yes.

You do realize that the Zen monks came from a specific line of Buddhist thought right? They didn't just plop up from the ground and started huffing their own farts while sharing nonsensical quotes. The koans and the absurd sayings serve a specific purpose. Unlike what you all believe, their purpose was not to highlight that there is no purpose to anything.
>>15006895
You discuss nothing. You only post quotes to appear enlightened and then post more quotes and appeal to muh Zen masters to shut down any discussion.

>> No.15006992

>>15006917
>narrating
>narrating about reddit nihilists like he isn't one
>not explaining anything
>"I'M PEPE THE FROG"
okay retard

>> No.15007001

>>15006988
Do I shut down people who claim BS like Zen Masters taught meditation, were Buddhist, or were nihilists?

Sure, but is posting a quote from a Zen Master saying, yeah meditation and cultivation of virtue is complete BS reaaaaaaallly shutting someone down?

Again, if you have a specific claim about what Zen Masters teach...why not try citing to one and see what goodies you can find? Don't you wanna shut me down?

>> No.15007002

>>15006983
>ZEN MASTER
>ZEN MASTER ZEN MASTER ZEN MASTER ZEN MASTER
>MASTER OF ZEN
>ZEN MASTER
>ZEN
>ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNN
>ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN ZEN
>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>EN
> ZEN
> ZEN
> ZEN
> ZEN

>> No.15007010

>>15006988
>ONLY OFFICIAL(TM) ZEN(R) THOUGHTS ARE WORTHWHILE
>WE NEED STRUCTURE WE NEED CANON OTHERWISE HOW CAN I FEEL SUPERIOR FOR WASTING MY TIME?????????????

>> No.15007016

you are all hyperstimulated by media bombardment
you all have this hideous greed of false knowledge to posture with
look how you all throw around meaningless names, not explaining anything, stringing together blithering nonsense so you have an excuse to use your fancy words
I sense many niggerized leftist abominations here
fuck you, you are retarded, you have no real language but you are so desperate to spew noise
if you want to understand anything you should start by cutting your stupid tongue out of your retarded mind, it possesses you
it would be good to slaughter most all of you

https://terebess.hu/zen/UnfetteredMind.pdf

You have to listen to learn
You can't hate yourself, like having a constant desire to change your life
You were assembled from many pieces that were selected according to a method and purpose
You have to trace this process
You have to observe your own mind and deduce the substance of instinct, the original mind, and the substance of purpose, the true mind, distinguishing these from compulsion, the will forced on you by others or by what might be called misfortune.
You will never succeed with a thousand bonfires each burning away at your mind, the memory of every excitement, the lust for more, put them out

>> No.15007020

>>15007001
>>15006988
>>15006963
forget about quotes
you need to teach your mind and body to talk to each other
you need to train and put everything you know in as many different terms as possible if you want to understand riddles and answer questions

you are confused because your thoughts and desires are disconnected and contradictory because you haven't put them in common terms (objective thought)

>> No.15007024

>>15007010
I'm not sure why you having a meltdown that apples are different than oranges and Zen Masters aren't the same as Buddhist Priests is really any of our concern.

>> No.15007043

>>15006699
>>15006303
>>15006359
holy fuck how can you post something like that?
how can you accept this jewish invention as your identity in any capacity?
how can you accept this jewish mode of emotion and be pleased by it?

>ADDDURRR I WENT ON THE INTERNET A LOT AND HAD SOME GUD TIEMS AND I SAW THIS GREEN FROG DURING THOSE TIEMS AND NOW I LIKE GREEN FROG AND NOW I AM GREEN FROG, LOOK HOW I CUSTOMIZED THE PERSONALITY I DOWNLOADED FROM 4CHAN.EDU, I'M A REAL BOY

>> No.15007076

>>15006992
>narrating
Look mommy i said it again
>>15007001
I don't have to find quotes. I'm gonna destroy you right here and now.... All the people you've been quoting were probably not real Zen masters. Let me say it in a Chinese and spiritual way.
>a redditspacer approached and said: "Provide some quotes that proves your teachings."
>the serene mountain living hermit responded: "I teach nothing."
>the redditspacer responded: "Show me nothing."
>the serene mountain living hermit said: "Narration."
>at that point the redditspacer fell off his chair and was instantly enlightened

>> No.15007080

>>15007076
So making up quotes in your book constitutes an argument?
I mean, that's the standard that a lot of people in churches set for themselves so I guess you're in good company.

>> No.15007088

>>15007043
calm down

>> No.15007111

>>15006256
"vast emptiness, nothing holy."

>> No.15007118

>>15007080
>So making up quotes in your book constitutes an argument?
Zen masters are not interested in arguments.
>I mean, that's the standard that a lot of people in churches set for themselves so I guess you're in good company.
Zen masters are not interested in churches or company. Your "Zen" church of old dusty quotes may be it for you, but not for the rest of us.

Your quotes are like light to moths. You think yourself enlightened for being so close to a lamp. Hah! Don't you see you're but a church goer?

>> No.15007138

>>15007118
>Zen masters are not interested in arguments.
Have you ever even read the Blue Cliff Record? Or anything recorded by Zen Masters? The whole thing is chock full of people arguing, throwing people off chairs, kicking people off boats, questioning people to death, and on and on.
>Zen masters are not interested in churches or company.
Agreed! So we're all in agreement then that Buddhism & Taoism have nothing to do with Zen? Great! Consensus!

>> No.15007163

>>15007138
>Buddhism and Taoism have nothing to do with zen?

Could you go over that for me.

>> No.15007191

>>15007020
Please elaborate on this training and confusion, you have my attention.

>> No.15007201

>>15007163
Here's the litmus test that's quick and simple Present a Buddhist/Taoist doctrine and lets compare it with what Zen Masters teach.

For the 'Buddhism' bit, here's Linji
>As I see it, there's no Buddha, no living beings, no long ago, no now. If you want to get it, you've already got it -- it's not something that requires time.
>There's no religious practice, no enlightenment, no getting anything, no missing out on anything. At no time is there any other Dharma than this.
>If anyone claims there is a Dharma superior to this, I say it must be a dream, a phantom.

For the 'Taoism' bit, here's Zhazhou
>A monk asked, "Without pointing at any particular doctrine, Master, what is your teaching?"
>Joshu said, "I do not preach the teaching of Bozan [a center of Taoist sects]."
>The monk asked, "If you do not preach the teaching of Bozan, what, then, is your teaching?"
>Joshu said, "I have told you already that I do not preach the teaching of Bozan."
>The monk said, "So that's what it [your Zen] is, isn't it?"
>Joshu said, "So far I have never showed it to the people."

>> No.15007216

>>15007076
>keeps narrating

this is another example of the prevalent hyperstimulation by media in this 'society'
they honestly have no idea how to formulate reality
they keep forcing their perception into the example framework provided by the media they focus so intensely upon
they create a character in their mind for everyone and fill it with lines they write inspired from their perception heavily influenced by their emotional bias

there is no incentive for them to be realistic because the sustenance of their body is granted and they can always retreat to the greatest pleasure they know, masturbation, either literal or figurative by some form of media-induced hyperstimulation, at any time, it's availability is unconditional in their experience, so therefore victory is unconditional in their perception

>> No.15007228

>>15007088
>everyone who disagrees with me is just mad, I am wrong about nothing

>> No.15007229

>>15007201
only superficially is Zen distinct from buddhism or taoism. Further study will reveal they are in agreement. It is correct in Buddhism to say there are no buddha in the world, no religion, no enlightenment, although seemingly contradictory. You must understand that Zen is at the heart of Buddhism, and seeks to cut through the "religion" of buddhism or the "practice," of buddhism to arrive at one's own Buddha nature immediately. This is not immidiately obvious, and is best understood in the research of Bodhidharma, the Buddhist monk credited with founding Zen

>> No.15007238

>>15007216
You've said absolutely nothing. Good job.

>> No.15007241
File: 1.35 MB, 1820x2433, Osho_HD_070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006624
thank you. God bless you

>> No.15007260

>>15007229
Yeah, Zhaozhou and Linji reject that. I'm not sure why you're trying to associate this band of cat killers and potty-mouths with your religion.

You wan't Bodhidharma? Sure, I'm not sure you actually know what you're in for...

>When Bodhidharma first met Emperor Wu, the Emperor asked, "I have built temples and ordained monks; what merit is there in this?"
>Bodhidharma said, "There is no merit."

Cultivation of Right Conduct, Right Action, Right Thought? OUT.

>> No.15007293

>>15006633
>everything you type is horseshit you made up to practice putting on airs

Projection.

>>15006655
>>15006699
Dubs all the way down.

>> No.15007301

>>15006763
I love me good Koans.

>> No.15007390

>>15007228
practice zen ,assblusted hylic

>> No.15007480

>>15007201
Where do you find those almost satiric quotes of choping the finger or throwing a disciple into a river etc

>> No.15007497

>>15007480
The Gateless Gate

The throwing(kicking?) a guy in the river isn't in there I think. I'll put it below:
>Jiashan called on the Boatman.
>The Boatman asked, "Letting down a line a thousand feet, the intent is in the depths; a tongue's length away from the hook, why don't you speak?"
>As Jiashan was about the open his mouth, the Boatman knocked him into the water. As he was getting out, the Boatman hit him again.
>Jiashan's mind opened up in great enlightenment. He then nodded three times.

How could anyone not be dumbstruck this stuff?!

>> No.15007535

>>15007497
I havent keked as strongly as now in years

>> No.15007656

>>15006303
Your pic would have been in all honesty better without the black sun, it just become "le funny pepe nazi meme" then instead of a genuine memetic connotation of peacefulness.

>> No.15007692 [DELETED] 
File: 328 KB, 1200x1200, travel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>“There is a thinking more rigorous than the conceptual”
~Martin Heidegger

>“The Tao is beyond is and is not. How do I know this? I look inside myself and see.”
~Lao Tzu

“...the most extreme sharpness and depth of
thought belongs to genuine and great mysticism”
~Martin Heidegger

>> No.15007767
File: 1004 KB, 984x1392, pb quote enlightenment-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15007826
File: 328 KB, 1200x1200, travel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>“There is a thinking more rigorous than the conceptual”
~Martin Heidegger

>“The Tao is beyond is and is not. How do I know this? I look inside myself and see.”
~Lao Tzu

>“...the most extreme sharpness and depth of
thought belongs to genuine and great mysticism”
~Martin Heidegger

It is something unconscious, or as many have called it supraconscious- because it is something higher and deeper, and overall greater. Conscious definitions imposed by an ego type terminology are merely constructions to it, whether rational or irrational here or there as absolutes. This is exemplified by Heidegger's "there-ness"; and naturally this all follows from a realisation of the dominance of experience over typical thought, a mystical experience. One must really see the unconscious as an absolute base for all experience, and so something more than which can be "engaged with" but is always engaged and always somewhat "there"- what follows is a realisation of it. It is just that for many the "mind" is confused with or interchangeable for the conscious experience, and hence comes the term "beyond the mind". Or rather is it "underneath the mind":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MCtPhoRcIw

>> No.15007866
File: 1.65 MB, 1950x1600, PB quote purity.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.15007885

>>15007866
Zen isn't about purifying anything.

>> No.15007893
File: 614 KB, 800x609, pepecross.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nansen’s Cat-Killing
Once, when the monks of the Western and Eastern Halls were quarrelling about a cat, Nansen, holding up
the cat, said, “You monks! if any of you can speak a word of Zen I will spare the cat, otherwise I will kill
it!” No one could answer, so Nansen killed it. In the evening, Joshu came back from somewhere, and
Nansen told him what had happened. Joshu thereupon took off his shoe, put it on his head, and walked off.
Nansen said, “If only you had been there, I could have saved the cat!”

>> No.15007993

>>15007893
Can someone make a Nanqan(Nansen) Pee-pee frog?? Like with the cat getting cut in half and guts everywhere and a bunch of terribly distraught monks mouths agape?

>> No.15008003

>>15007191
confusion means connecting things that when connected are a hinderance to purpose
it means having a conception of things that falsely equates them

this arises hesitance to think
when you perceive something and formulate a conception and incorporate this into your memory it's important to fully connect it to your purpose

this requires training, it requires exercise of the pathways of your mind to make them strong enough to bear strong thought to complete purpose
but how do you know how to train? where do you start?
this is the practice that is often called 'no mind'.
you defer to your genetics, your instincts, removing the pressure of conscious will from your conceptions and letting them float into place
then perceiving the difference between where they go on their own and where your conscious will pushes them, and reconciling the difference
this doesn't mean instinct is always right, this doesn't mean consciousness is always wrong, we are in motion in every way and our substance does not stay the same, there is such a thing as evolution
by truly practicing 'no mind' the consciousness, instinct, and the divine purpose are reconciled and we move forward to survival in time

part of training is gaining mobility in your mind so your conceptions may settle more completely
to do this you must focus on your various conceptions and connect them each to the other and not rely on intermediary conceptions that truncate their meaning and form a weak relation
asking 'why?' about every concept, by comparing concepts that arise together and discerning what they have in common, you strengthen the paths of thought in your mind and develop an objective language of thought in which any concept can be translated in terms of any other concept
this is 'enlightenment', and it is not absolute, for the body always grows and has more to learn

this cannot be achieved by constantly training, because training is a concept governed by desire, and without releasing this desire to improve all your thoughts will depend on the satisfaction of improvement, and you cannot improve indefinitely without rest, just like you cannot lift heavy things indefinitely without food and rest

this can only be achieved by allowing each concept to compete against each other concept by their own will which derives from your original will (instinct), and this can only happen if you release your mind to a state of 'no mind' where it flows by divine will imperceptibly and out of your control

>> No.15008048

>>15008003
letting go

>> No.15008052

>>15007497
>>15007885
>>15007893
holy fuck you are a disease speaking something like human language

>>15007893
>LOOK AT ME, I'M PEPE THE FROG
>I'M PEPE THE FROG, ON THE INTERNET
>I'M PART OF SOMETHING, ON THE INTERNET
>I'M SOMEBODY, AS PEPE THE FROG, ON THE INTERNET
>IT'S A POPULAR MEME, IT'S COOL
>I'M A POPULAR COOL GUY, BECAUSE I'M PEPE THE FROG, ON THE INTERNET
>I DOWNLOADED MY PERSONALITY AND MADE A FEW CUSTOMIZATIONS OF MY OWN
>EVERYONE ELSE ON MY FAVORITE WEBSITE WAS DOING IT TOO SO I KNOW FOR SURE IT'S GOOD
>I'M A REAL BOY
the most profound delusions. schizophrenia.
you are an abominable herd animal, not human, you have no free will, you are fit for nothing but slaughter

>> No.15008055

>>15008003
PSA:

Zen Masters call this sort of stuff 'tying yourself to a donkey post'.

END PSA

>> No.15008069

>>15007893
>WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF I DESTROYED MYSELF AND BECAME A GENDERLESS, RACELESS CARTOON WITH ONLY A SINGLE EXPRESSION AND NO REAL EMOTION?
>THEN AT LEAST I WOULD FIT IN HEHE LOL

>> No.15008074

>>15008055
holy fuck you are a disease speaking something like human language
some one should kill you, be polite and do it yourself

>> No.15008092

>>15008074

So you come into a post about Zen and have a meltdown when people point out the BS you post is off-topic...?

More embarrassing than my reddit spacing dude...

>> No.15008100

>>15008048
you can't sum up everything as 'letting go', that puts a great burden on few words and a small concept

you need many pathways to freedom, you cannot predict when one may be blocked

>> No.15008107

>>15008092
you have explained absolutely noth

>> No.15008132

>>15008107
What would lead you to believe that Zen Masters are interested in explaining anything?
>A monk asked Chao Chou, " 'The Ultimate Path has no difficulties-just avoid picking and choosing'-isn't this a cliche for people of these times?"
>Chou said, "Once someone asked me, and I really couldn't explain for five years."

>> No.15008133

>>15008055
>>15008092
>"tying yourself to a donkey post"
>in this entire thread all he does is say "zen" and "zen master" and copy paste quotes and lines from reddit-tier internet argument scripts
Quite the donkey.

>> No.15008136

>>15008132
Probably the volumes of text they wrote explaining things

>> No.15008139

>>15008069
>brain on hylicism
you must go beyond false self to cure thy disability

>> No.15008147

>>15008052
Hahahahahaha heal your trauma , seething piglet

>> No.15008157

>>15008133
I don't mind being an ass. This ass has really got some people riled up though...imagine if you had to confront a Zen Master?

>>15008136
Sure. Can you produce some of that explanation for us?

>> No.15008175

>>15008133
>reddit-tier internet argument scripts
You're not wrong. He's a redditor called ewk https://www.reddit.com/user/ewk

>> No.15008434

>>15008175
>https://www.reddit.com/user/ewk
I already knew this was a subhuman that needs to be killed, but wow

>> No.15008447

>>15008157
>imagine if you had to confront a Zen Master?
I'd just slap him a couple of times and he'll walk away newly enlightened.

>> No.15008478

>>15008447
What about if he hit you while tried to slap him? (This has happened btw)

>> No.15008516

>>15006477>>15006624
>>15006303

>>But when Buddha's teachings reached China a tremendously beautiful thing happened: a crossbreeding happened.
women do not understand that mixing right view with wrong view gives wrong view.

>> No.15008526

>>15008516
Zen Masters reject your boring sexism.

>> No.15008578

>>15008516
>mixing
what is "mixing"?

>> No.15008608

>>15008526
okay tranny

>> No.15008624

>>15008608
>If you want to pretend those who disagree with you are afraid of...why come and present your nonsense in the first place?

Boo! Scared again?

>> No.15008634

>>15008624
why are you here? everywhere you go you are hated and contribute nothing, unless we count references to authors that you don't even understand (without explanation or discussion)

>> No.15008674

>>15008634
I didn't come here to be liked, respected, or even trusted...the fact that you came here pretending that Zen was 'whatever I like' really demonstrates your illiteracy quite publicly.

>A monk asked Chao Chou, "'The Ultimate Path has no difficulties-just avoid picking and choosing. As soon as there are words and speech, this is picking and choosing.' So how do you help people, Teacher? " Chou said, "Why don't you quote this saying in full?" The monk said, "I only remember up to here." Chou said, "It's just this: 'This Ultimate Path has no difficulties-just avoid picking and choosing.'"

>> No.15008692

>>15008674
>I didn't come here to
why are you here?

why should anyone care about "Zen" much less your definition of it?

obviously you are totally and completely insane, socially isolated from utter rejection of your hideous personality, and you come here to justify this situation by imagining a hierarchy where you are at the top

suicide would be prudent

>> No.15008724

>>15008692
>why should anyone care about "Zen" much less your definition of it?
I posted a thread about Zen to elicit topical discussion. The fact that you aren't interested in discussing what Zen Masters taught isn't at all what I care about.
>suicide would be prudent
So instead of acknowledging your own illiteracy and picking up a book written by Zen Masters(Gateless Gate, Book of Serenity, etc.) you beg someone to kill themselves so you don't have to live in fear of their words and your own crises of faith?

Get a grip dude...

>> No.15008757

>>15008724
point out one place where you discussed anything

all you do is copy paste

you are a complete void, you are a thief of human form, you are not human
you are illiterate, retarded, and have no humanity
what race are you?

>> No.15008768

>>15008757
These subhuman monsters are sustained by psychiatric drugs and hyperstimulation.

There is nothing to do but slaughter them. The true philosophy will generate the true religion and the invasion from Outside will be repelled.

>> No.15008771

>>15008757
Lol. Now you want to pretend the color of my skin is somehow responsible for the complete public meltdown you’ve had here?

Dude. Your cult lied to you. The fact I copy pasted some quotes from Zen Masters is direct evidence of that. In the words of 4channel.org these guys “BTFO” you.

>> No.15008775
File: 378 KB, 794x807, 7f15db188a9ee0b2df045e9537a46f15719a2e23a63ad8fa77403977bea545e1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15008771
>color of my skin

>> No.15008787

>>15008775
You could have just said “Uncle! Uncle! I yield! I surrender” instead of spending your valuable bandwidth with a random image.

>> No.15008799

>>15008775
I'm pretty sure it's a jew, I am ashamed to say I looked into it's presence on this earth and found voice recordings of it, it matches closely to the jewish profile.

>> No.15008843

>>15006256
these threads are great, very amusing watching people lose their minds over simple quotations

>> No.15009616

>>15008843
The quotes are fine. The retard posting them? Not so much. /lit/ is not his personal diary.

>> No.15009642

>>15008003
>purpose
explain, also do you have any insight on letting go of attachment.

>> No.15010501 [SPOILER] 
File: 66 KB, 696x652, 1585920457226.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15008052
Wow that Pepe really triggers you LOL!

>> No.15010525

>>15008526
The Buddha renounced feminism.

>> No.15011061
File: 127 KB, 500x550, A02725FA-1B98-42A8-8262-B6F5BF4F316C.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15010525
Zen is not Buddhism

>> No.15011169
File: 45 KB, 327x556, shankara327.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here i do not regret making this thread ,please continue
>The wind was flapping a temple flag, and two monks were having an argument about it. One said the flag
was moving, the other that the wind was moving; and they could come to no agreement on the matter,
however they argued back and forth. The Patriarch said, “It is not that the wind is moving; it is not that the
flag is moving; it is that your honourable minds are moving” The two monks were struck with awe.

>> No.15011260

>>15011169
Here's what Wumen had to say about that fiasco:
>The wind is not moving; the flag is not moving; the mind is not moving. In what place do you see the Patriarch?
>If within you are able to see intimately, in that place you know the two monks bought iron and obtained gold.
>The Patriarch did not restrain his refined forbearance and in the one open space he divulged and stirred.

What's moving?

>> No.15012251

>>15008843
>>15011169
>>15011260
these are not human beings
they are completely deranged animals trapped in human form
they try to steal old words and take control of them, pushing them back and forth to each other, deluding themselves of understanding, neither willing to explain and compete with other explanations, neither willing to call the others lie

a circlejerk of zombies
kill them all

>> No.15012255

>>15012251
So we've established these guys frighten you to the bone...the question now turns to...why are you still posting in this thread?

>> No.15012572

>>15012255
So we've established these guys frighten you to the bone...the question now turns to...why are you still posting in this thread?

>> No.15012637

>>15012251
>being this pretentious

Jesus,man.

>> No.15012688

>>15006557
Why shouldn't I huh? Who are you? The pretender police?

>> No.15012693

>>15012255
Why do you come to a forum for discussion when you insist everything is one way and that anyone who disagrees with you (which is almost everyone) isn't worth talking to?
The only explanation can be that you're totally insane and socially isolated, following a desperate compulsion to get social interaction any possible way, even in a low-yield place, because you have no significant human contact in real life

These braindead drones are hyperstimulated - just being on the computer stimulates them so much more than anything else in their life they are thrilled by any reaction they get, it doesn't matter what the content of the response is, it all has the same effect on the drone, it's all just reinforcement of their self-gratifying behavior.
Their emotional state isn't changed by little details about what actually happens, all that sensation is absolutely drowned out by their masturbation, very likely literal. They have gone beyond the event horizon, they are locked in this cycle forever

>> No.15012700

>>15012688
Who are you? The pretender-police police?

>> No.15012706

>>15012700
Why yes, I'm Agent Clarke of the P.P.P., the pretender police police. Nice meeting you, sir. Nice dubs you got there.

>> No.15012715

>>15012693
Imagine having to cope so desperately for not being able to accept that there are people that have a different perspective than you.

>> No.15012757

>>15012715
>pretending to be a "zen master" who "mystically" pokes at people's "weaknesses"
>actually just being hostile to everyone unconditionally
>thinking this is some wise choice he makes instead of a brainwashed compulsion
>his every argument amounts to "you're gay" or "I know you are but what am I"
>shamelessly samefags
have you ever seen that episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force with the 'wisdom cube'?
yeah that's this guy

>> No.15012803
File: 9 KB, 290x295, the_wisdom_cube_by_adambomb12127_dm17sm-fullview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15012757
kek you're right

>> No.15013667

>>15012715
What perspectives? I posted what Zen Masters said and you started crybaby-ing that it wasn't what some priest told you they said.

It's got nothing to do with me.

>> No.15013701

>>15007016
>I sense many niggerized leftist abominations here
very zen

>> No.15013786

From Shiqi Xinyue:
>The intent of our teaching is like a poison-smeared drum. Once it is beaten, those who hear it, near and fall, all perish. That those who hear it perish is surely true. But what about the deaf people?

It doesn't get more straightforward than this.

>> No.15013803

>>15009642
purpose is the direction of the divine will
which is just to say, the energy imposed on us by greater bodies, such as the landmasses of the earth, the weather that flows across them, the earth itself, the moon, the sun, the other planets we can see in the sky, the stars we see

by observing as much as possible and comparing each things' movements and deducing similarities and differences we can determine the substances of these things and their motions

divinity is observing and knowing relationships, this is also called life
purpose is growing toward divinity, or expanding life to fill void

we are not individual like most liars commonly say
very few people have a significant individual identity
most people accept and copy the will of superiors, trusting their perceptions and judgements
only a few people derive their will directly from non-human elements, only a few see with their own eyes

we are pieces of a race and culture, we are pieces of the system of life on earth, earth is a piece of life in a grander system

you are always attached, you have to work to be attached to the proper things
even if you are actually inadequate it is your duty to compete for higher things, to increase pressure to force those who will take the higher things to be better
in this way even if you seem to perish you do not truly perish

>> No.15013820

>>15013701
what's 'zen' and why care?

you nigger kike fucktard piece of shit

>> No.15014568

>>15013803
How can there be a divine will in zen?

>> No.15014649

>>15006303

What's the best translation of Mūlamadhyamakakārikā? Or better yet, what Nagarjuna text is vital?

>> No.15014674
File: 38 KB, 308x288, 1585861011584.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15006303
>Dude Aryan polar sun
>the Aryan path is to be soiboy and dissolve yourself into empitness lmao

>> No.15014820

>>15014649
>>15014649
Zen Masters don't treat either texts or any sutra with any reverence. They make fun of people who treat sutras seriously or as containing any special truth.

>All you are doing is taking these worthless names to be real. That’s all wrong!
> Even if they do exist, they are nothing but states of dependent transformation, such as the dependent transformations of bodhi, nirvana, emancipation, the threefold body, the [objective] surroundings and the [subjective] mind, bodhisattvahood, and buddhahood.
>What are you looking for in these lands of dependent transformations! All of these, up to and including the Three Vehicles’ twelve divisions of teachings, are just so much waste paper to wipe off privy filth.

>> No.15014828

>>15014568
what's 'zen' and why care?

>> No.15014834

>>15014820
oh so that's why you do nothing but post texts and aggro at anyone who questions why

because you don't take any of this seriously

>> No.15014838

>>15014568
but anyway this is referred to often in zen and you don't seem to have even read what 'divine' means so fuck you

>> No.15014862

>>15014834
>take seriously
lmao, a lot of these zen stories apply to you

>> No.15014869

>>15014834
Why what? I'm not sure why you don't think I'm taking this dead seriously. For Zen Masters this is 100% a matter of life and death...hence the poison drum.

If people can't even handle a few words these guys say and want to pretend they'll get enlightened by meditating, cultivating virtues, or chanting sutras or whatever; sure. But why come in here and pretend to be interested in Zen?

>> No.15015005

>>15014834
taking zen seriously anon i ...
Zen is the ultimate pleb filter

>> No.15015048

>>15014838
You seem to be talking about nature but I thought the idea of zen was that nature has no will.

>> No.15015258
File: 333 KB, 366x443, 1585150334631.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this thread
lmao the absolute state of orientalist pseuds

>> No.15015278

>>15015258
Were you referring to the intellectual hack in that picture?

>> No.15015481

arguing with internet randos about whose archaic philosophy is cooler is, like, very zen.

>> No.15015506

>>15015278
>could speak dozens of languages
>mathematician autodidact polymath
>initiated into the most arcane schools of Traditional esoterism
>masterfully delineated the exact problems with western philosophy and how western culture in modernity, as well as showing how to save it from cataclysm
>intellectual hack
yeah okay hylic

>> No.15015537

>>15015506
all of that is negated by the fedora.

>> No.15015557

>>15015506
Yeah, intellectual hack.
Why are you posting weird pictures of someone with the academic stature of PT Barnum in completely unrelated thread?
Don’t you guys have like prayer circles or churches you can go make for this guy?

>> No.15015629

>>15015557
it was a test to see just how Zen you were and you failed with flying colors

>> No.15015633

>>15015629
All right, you won.

>> No.15015670

>>15015629
So, which Zen Master said Zen was anything about being deferential to the claims of New Age quacks?

>> No.15015680

>>15006256

>> No.15015884 [DELETED] 

>>15014649>>15014820

>Or better yet, what Nagarjuna text is vital?
for mahayana, all vedas and Upanishads are the vital source texts

>> No.15015914

>>15014649>>15014820

>Or better yet, what Nagarjuna text is vital?
for mahayana, all vedas and Upanishads are the vital source texts

>> No.15015923

>>15015914
Zen Masters reject that sutra study has anything to do with Zen or that they have any more value than (used) toilet paper.

>> No.15016544

>>15015670
>>15015923
So are you like a zen version of a fundamentalist baptist? What would the Zen Masters (pbuh) have to say about namefagging?

>> No.15017278

>>15016544
Fundamentalist what?
If people want to have a conversation about what Zen Masters said...then the conversation begins with what they said not with what they want to pretend they said.
What some crystal healer or cushion seller told you Zen was has no bearing on the matter.

>> No.15017307

>>15006633
You do not comprehend. I can help you but you must listen.

When a carpenter builds a house, he doesnt build a house. He does many things. He purchases land to build upon, then he sets of. He purchases stones from a stonemason for the foundation. He buys wood from a woodcutter for the walls. And then he goes to a roofer, he hires this man to build the roof of the house.

But he did none of these things. He talked with a man in a shop, where he had heard a stonemason stood, and this man would exchange his perceiced "skill" in exchange for legal trender guaranteed by the Brittish crown. And then the other man did as he had done before and carved granite he had in turn purchased with legal tender from a quarryman. And then he gave it to the carpenter to build his house with.

But he did none of these things. He did not purchase stones from a stonemason, bor did he hire a roofer. He only built a house. He built a house and only that, cause he is a carpenter and not a "stonebuyer" or a "roofer-hirer"

Infact he did nothing at all I made him up. And he is neither a carpenter or a person, for these are words on your screen and not real.

>> No.15018226

>>15015923
How do you learn about Madhyamika except through texts?

>> No.15018301

>>15018226
Zen Masters didn’t conceive of the Madhyamika as something contained in the three vehicles doctrinal canon or the ten thousand sutras.

Direct perception.

>> No.15018420

From Zhaozhou:
>Someone asked, "The Way of the monk - what is it?"
>Joshu said, "Being detached from 'the Way.'"

Zen Masters often cite to stuff like spiritual cultivation, refinement, meditative attainment, and seeking a "Way" or "Dharma" as having nothing to do with Zen. An interesting activity for someone who hasn't read stuff like Wumen's "Gateless Gate" or Sengcan's "Faith in Mind" is to write up a short list of what people(priests, parishioners, New Age shamans, etc.) have told you is 'totally Zen' and compare it with what you find taught in those texts.

>> No.15018433

>>15018226
What face did you have before your parents were born? Idiot.

>> No.15018446

>>15018226
You know what two hands clapping sounds like? What about one hand? Dummy.

You are too stupid to get it. A retard.

>> No.15018455

>>15015923
Do Zen masters think ANYTHING has more value than used toilet paper?

The way you portray Zen, it's just an excuse to act like a contrarian asshole while positing that as the best way to be.

>> No.15018471

>>15018446
>You know what two hands clapping sounds like? What about one hand? Dummy.
That 'one hand clapping' business has nothing to do with Zen. It was made up by some cult leader who wanted to cash in on recognition of the 'Zen' name and pretended that 'secret questions with secret answers' has anything to do with it.

>> No.15018487

>>15018471
Soto...

>> No.15018501

>>15018455
You dont have it in you. I try to help 4chan understand but he cant.

>> No.15018506

>>15018433
>>15018446

Thanks for the direct transmission, faggots.

>> No.15018508

>>15018487
Yeah, Dogen & Hakuin's cult claims to being Zen Masters is entirely based on wholesale fraud on their part and complete illiteracy on the part of their followers. Here's an easy challenge:
Produce the doctrines Dogen taught and compare it with what Soto(Caoshan & Dongshan) said about those specific doctrines. These guys shat all over not only the basis of Dogen's religion but the specific practices and claims of it as well.

>> No.15018516

>>15018471
Koans are useful, as useful as any practice of transferral. Sotos sense of self importance makes you push zen away,

>> No.15018527

>>15018501
I thought Zen wasn't about 'understanding'?

>> No.15018535

>>15018516
Yeah, like I said: the Japanese cults that claim the title of 'Soto' and 'Rinzai' have nothing in common with Dongshan/Caoshan & Linji respectively. Those Zen Masters unequivocally reject the notion that Zen is at all about Dogen's "sitting meditation" or Hakuin's "gazing at sayings" crap as not Zen.

>> No.15018539

>>15018527
Knowing, understanding. These are words you dummy.

>> No.15018548

>>15018539
>These are words

What a waste of words your post is.

>> No.15018577

>>15018226
Why do Madhyamakafags always throw a tantrum when someone says "thanks but I don't consider Madhyamaka to be the summit of Buddhist thought and am more interest in other Mahayana material"?

>> No.15018702

>>15018548
youre onto something you fucking moron.

>> No.15018723

>>15018535
Can you elaborate more on what you consider to be 'legitimate' and 'fake' Zen? I don't know much about this and am intrigued, you say Soto and Rinzai are apparently fake, what are the names of the legit sects/organizations in your view?

>> No.15018738

>>15018723
He cant explain it, what is there you dont understand? Nitwit.

>> No.15018741

>>15017307
holy fucking shit you are retarded

>> No.15018764

>>15018723
It's not about 'legitimate' or 'fake' Zen. It's about how various cults & churches that claim Zen has anything to do with their doctrines and spiritual practices. It's about as nonsensical as Scientologists who claim their religion is 'based on the Scientific Method'

Soto(Dongshan/Caoshan) & Rinzai(Linji) are Zen Masters along with Bodhidharma, Yunmen, Zhaozhou, et al
What I'm pointing out is that Zen Masters 110% reject what the cults invented by Dogen & Hakuin claim Zen Masters taught. If you're interested in Zen, there a fair few books written by Zen Masters including the Gateless Gate, Blue Cliff Record, & Book of Serenity as well as plenty of records of specific Zen Masters.

>> No.15018800

>>15018723
>>15018764
Do not read any of those books, just read >>15018433 this until you get it.

>> No.15018817

>>15018800
Yeah, cults are known for encouraging illiteracy so they can get away with selling people their bullshit. Nothing new. Nothing to be surprised at. Nothing Zen Masters encouraged.

>> No.15018820

>that incredibly retarded jew that keeps posting

>>15014820
Zen Masters

>>15014869
Zen Masters
Zen

>>15015278
>>15015557
wow he managed not to say it in two posts
but at least he still appealed to authority and had no reasoning or explanation

>>15015670
Zen Masters
Zen

>>15015923
Zen Masters
Zen

>>15017278
Zen Masters
Zen

>>15018301
Zen Masters

>>15018420
Zen Masters
Zen
Zen

>>15018471
Zen
Zen

>>15018508
Zen Masters

>>15018535
Zen Masters
Zen
Zen

This is an insane demon possessing human form
This mind is completely bent upon stealing the glory of dead men and claiming their words as though it was the one who said them
Look how its mind is completely chained down in a false orthodoxy of "Zen", it can't stop saying this word, this is proof its thought has no breadth and just goes around in the same circle again and again.

Imagine a retard in a padded leather helmet tied to a post pacing in circles at the end of its tether, and there is a stone that has the word "ZEN" written on it in his path, and every time he comes around he trips on it.

>> No.15018823

>>15018764
ok thanks

>> No.15018833

>>15018820
Nobody is forcing you to be in a Zen thread dumbass, maybe if you have a problem you should post in another thread or make one about what you want to talk about

>> No.15018834

>>15018820
>And it was in that moment, the retarded jew awakened

>> No.15018837

>>15018820
If you didn't want to discuss Zen but wanted to have a public meltdown instead...why did you come into a thread with 'Zen' as its subject?

>> No.15018854

>>15018800
>just read >>15018433 this until you get it.

this is horrible shitty advice
you need to spread out your thought to understand and attempt to put things in as many different terms as possible, reaching out to connect all of your concepts in your mind and thereby sorting them according to logic and purpose

dwelling on one explanation in one rendering is absolute insanity

>> No.15018866

>>15018837
>EVERYTHING HAS TO BE ABOUT ZEN(TM) AND NO, I CAN'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS BUT YOU HAVE TO CONFORM TO IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.15018870
File: 1019 KB, 480x270, Ohnonono.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15018854
>is absolute insanity

>> No.15018883

>>15018866
Yeah, like I said; the subject of this thread is Zen, if you don't like that there are plenty of other places who would entertain your public meltdowns. If you decide you are interested in Zen, I already pointed out numerous texts written by Zen Masters and brought specific sections in that demolish the common claims Buddhist churches make about them.

>> No.15018892

>>15018866
We cannot help him in text form. In the real world he would have awakened by now. But we are reduced to only words.

>> No.15018894

>>15018883
Zen
Zen
Zen Masters

>> No.15019255
File: 40 KB, 246x246, pepespirit2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here
>Raises pointer finger
Start from there

>> No.15019788

Brothers... I have Awoken to the True Zen (pbuh)... do not listen to these larpers.. there are no Zen Masters... no texts... these are simply crypto-buddhist inventions of the hylics to mislead you... follow the True Contemplation of the Zen and you to will awaken....

>> No.15019814

>>15018820
The guy is clearly mentally ill. r/Zen is not sending their best.

>> No.15019822

>>15019788
Oooh someone’s got a crush on me! Since you’re afraid to study Zen Masters what else have you got left except writing that love letter pleading with me to stop?

>> No.15019857

More Zen that sends cultists running to the hills writing me love letters as the go.
>If you wish to know the truth,
>then hold to no opinions for or against anything.
>To set up what you like against what you dislike
>is the disease of the mind

>> No.15019945

>>15019822
Zen Masters

>>15019857
Zen

>> No.15019954

>>15019857
This has gotta be the least self-aware post since guenonfag last posted.

>> No.15019990

>>15019255
>OP HERE
>*STICKS THREE FINGERS IN HIS RECTUM*
>*TAKES THEM OUT AND PUTS THEM IN HIS MOUTH*
>THSTART FROM HERE

>> No.15020001

>>15019857
based!
>>15019954
Guenongenius (pbuh) is the living embodiment of Zen

>> No.15020422

>>15020001
Based! The True Transmission of Zen is through the Master Guenon (pbuh)

>> No.15020774

>>15019822
>>15019857
What is with your obsession with zen masters? Zen is not the Talmud.

>> No.15020807

>>15020774
its a jewish demon and it is to it

>> No.15020833

>>15020774
What obsession? Someone made a thread and I contributed to with some books I read by Zen Masters and pointed out the complete illiteracy by people who belong to various churches claiming some doctrinal basis in those books.
If someone wanted to school me wouldn't they just pick up a book by them and read it for themselves.

>> No.15020839

>>15020833
Zen Masters

>> No.15020846

>>15020839
Repeating their name won't make you any more literate dude.

>> No.15021052

Fuck this thread so hard I hate you fucking idiot retards who are trying to ruin the spiritual improvement of others by nitpicking and bitching.

The Buddha and Lao Tzu would've hated all of you. Im gonna watch david lynch and write a haiku fuck yall

>> No.15021065

>>15019990
hehe seethe piglet

>> No.15021079

>>15021052
> Im gonna watch david lynch and write a haiku fuck yall
this is literally the gayest thing ive ever read

>> No.15021087

>>15021052
Zen Masters shat all over people trying to 'spiritually improve' themselves all day. Why would you come in here any expect anything else?

>> No.15021126

>>15021087
Zen masters

>> No.15021147

>>15020833
>>15021087
>books by "Zen Masters"
>doctrinal basis in books
>muh texts muh canon
lmao you don't know the first thing about zen. Reminder that "Zen Master" is a term coined by western orientalists in the 20th century and has absolutely no basis in anything. Your Talmudic corruption will find no handhold here, begone hylic.

>> No.15021165

>>15021147
>一天,睦州問臨濟禪師
That's from 866; plenty of earlier material I could cite to as well. But given that you run away from books...that wouldn't mean much would it?

>> No.15021202

I love these threads they're literally making contrarians heads explode

>> No.15021210

>>15021165
>some post-hoc translation
>STILL clinging to his texts
>muh citations
Zen is antithetical to reddit. You scour texts thinking it will bring you something, but it never will.

>> No.15021229

>>15021210
Yeah...I cite to a text recorded around 866 and you cite to...nothing. This is what happens when someone drinks the cult kool-aid of illiteracy.

From Baizhang Huaihai:
>There are no secret sayings; those who come to realize truth do not have a secret treasury.
>In the present mirror awareness, speech is distinctly clear; but if you look for what is formally described, ultimately it cannot be found.

>> No.15021257

>>15021229
Cite what you please, it won't bring you anything
>ChingChong DingDong, 800AD: you don't need to read shit, retard
>me, now: you don't need to read shit, retard
>you: heh, these dummies haven't read the texts I have!

>> No.15021299

>>15021229
What do the sages say about reading and citing texts?

Ashtavakra said:
To be free,
shun the experiences of the senses
like poison.
Turn your attention to
forgiveness, sincerity, kindness, simplicity, truth.

>> No.15021317

>>15021257
I'm not interested in obtaining anything. If I were, I'd be in a church pew praying to Guenon or whomever with you.

The fact that you've had multiple public meltdowns after being exposed as a total illiterate demonstrates that all you've got in the way of integrity is 'ur dumb, plz stop schooling me'.

>> No.15021325

>>15021299
Zen Masters aren't interested in enforcing illiteracy on the masses. That's the realm of people who are absolutely insecure about anyone doing grade-school level research.
Since the topic of this thread is Zen..why not cite to some Zen teachings?

>> No.15021337

>>15021325
Okay. Here is the same thing but Buddhist.

"Listen Sariputra,
this Body itself is Emptiness
and Emptiness itself is this Body.
This Body is not other than Emptiness
and Emptiness is not other than this Body.
The same is true of Feelings,
Perceptions, Mental Formations,
and Consciousness."

>> No.15021378

>>15021337
This isn't "Sutra Study Circle". If you have a thesis to present about Zen why not cite to what...Zen Masters said?
It's about as silly as if I said Abe Lincoln was totally into Esoteric Manichaeism but I run away when someone asked me to cite to him saying anything remotely suggesting that.

>> No.15021389

>>15021317
>>15021325
>>15021378
lol this is some next level projection.
>citations
>research
>thesis
>Zen Masters this
>Zen Masters that
Who cares about them. You clearly don't know the first thing about zen and are just trying to appropriate it like every other orientalist pseud, why discuss it with you?

>> No.15021403

>>15021389
If you're terrified of discussing what Zen Masters said and want to pretend that reading scriptures or meditation is what they taught...why are you in a thread about Zen?
There are plenty of temple cushions you can pretend that fantasy on...

>> No.15021458

>>15021403
>y-you're terrified! you're having a mental breakdown!!!
I never said anything about scriptures, meditation, or any of that. If you want to start a cult, keep it to reddit.

>> No.15021495

>>15021458
Yeah, you got upset that I cited to things and claimed I " don't know the first thing about zen" while being utterly incapable of citing what Linji, Wumen, Bodhidharma, et al. said.
On what basis could I start a cult?

>> No.15021520

>>15021495
>you can't handle the POWER of my CITATIONS
lol you've read all of them and didn't understand a word.

>> No.15021614

>>15021520
A word of what? How obtuse is:
>"I tell you, there's no Buddha, no Dharma, no practice, no enlightenment! Yet you go off like this on side roads, trying to find something. Blind fools! Will you put another head on top of the one you have? What is it you lack?
They're a bunch of straight shooters.

>> No.15021658

>>15021614
AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT
LOOK WITHIN REDDITOR
READ THAT AGAIN
SEE YOURSELF IN IT

>> No.15021703

>>15021658
Yeah, 'looking within' and 'imagine yourself in it' has nothing to do with it.
No practices. No dharma. No refunds.

>> No.15021840

>>15006303
I like zen quotes too. Fuck off

>> No.15021858
File: 95 KB, 1024x512, 1586036882138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zen Master poster I support you in your mission to uphold true Zen against those who want to make Zen mean whatever they want

>> No.15021891

>>15021703
Look here reddit tourist, I'm not a Buddhist, I'm not talking about any of that mumbo jumbo. You keep posting these quotes that call you a dumbass, there's nothing to get from those texts, they say that themselves.
WHAT DO YOU LACK?

>> No.15021908

>>15021891
When did I claim I lacked anything or that there was something to 'get' from those texts?
If people don't want to discuss the thread topic they're at complete liberty to post in other threads; I'm not sure why they think having public meltdowns here helps the case they want to make.

>> No.15021935

>>15021908
The quotes are pointless, they say so themselves. No one is having a meltdown. gb2reddit

>> No.15021949

>>15021935
Where do they say the quotes are “pointless”? It’s kind of embarrassing that a couple of quotes tie you up such that you have to resort to stuff like “plz leave, I’m scared”

>> No.15021975

>>15021949
You are one insecure, angry Buddhist

>> No.15021976

>>15021949
What would the Zen Masters (pbuh) have to say about namefagging?

>> No.15021983

>>15021976
They weren't concerned with names or telling people what to do. I'm not sure why you think Zen Masters would want 'peace' associated with them. Where did you get that impression from?

>> No.15021986

>>15021908
>only what I admit about myself is true
>public meltdown
all judaized subhuman niggerdrones are like this

they instantly try to narrate away reality and make themselves the winner no matter what
their sustenance is not conditional, they can always just run away and masturbate and eat

>>15021065
>seethe
these braindead jewbots think these buzzwords are like a magic spell
it thinks this is an incantation to summon victory and validation
it sees gangs of internet retards say this, probably spamming a single target with such phrases many times, and by the sheer volume of the outburst it witnessed, it associates this word 'seethe' with popularity and therefore victory

there's no use working around it
these are savages that have to be conquered and chained in servitude, or killed

their jewish creators need to be annihilated, jewish babies must burn alive

>> No.15022001

>>15021986
Another cultist has a public meltdown where he blames his own illiteracy on minorities.
At this point...is this even a surprise?

>> No.15022052

IT STOPPED NAMEFAGGING!!

>>15021403
Zen Masters
Zen

>>15021325
Zen Masters

>>15021908
public meltdown

>>15018837
Zen
public meltdown
Zen

>>15018883
Zen
public meltdown
Zen
Zen Masters

>>15021317
public meltdown

>>15021908
public meltdown

>>15022001
public meltdown

should I do one for 'illiterate'/'illiteracy'?

>> No.15022074

>>15021986
>jewish babies must burn alive
based

>> No.15022077

>>15022001
>>15021986
>>15021983
>>15021976
>>15021975
>>15022074
Brothers... we must destroy these illiterate crypto-buddhist cultists and their public meltdowns... with the power of our Citations of the Great Zen Masters (pbuh) we shall destroy them... then the True Zen will be transmitted to us... Based

>> No.15022079

>>15022052
You've demonstrated clearly what you're incapable of.
At least you've got 'can spam' on your resume?

>> No.15022129

>>15022079
look at this retarded kike-nigger bot

like i said its default behavior is to create a narrative about the opposition that claims victory for itself

it's not "counting things I've repeatedly said", it's "spamming" in its narrative
its tiny stressed mind latches on to fragmentary superficial details and forms a comparison between its ideal and objective reality

it constantly stresses its mind to break its perception down into more and more fragmentary terms as it struggles to find some way to take something that objectively happened and cast it into terms that benefit its narrative, and so its mind adapts to aid this mad search and it becomes shattered and unable to grasp concepts holistically and unable to form a coherent view of anything at all

I think this retard literally lost its mind from being trolled online

>> No.15022141

>>15021986
FUCKEN BASED

>> No.15022143

>>15022079
I'm sorry this is a Zen thread, can you cite a Zen Master to substantiate your post?

>> No.15022144

Some more topical content from perrenial funny guy Zhahzhou!
>A monk asked, "When I am completely void of understanding, what then?"
>Joshu said, "I understand even less."
>The monk said, "Master, do you not know what is?"
>Joshu said, "I am not a log. Why shouldn't I know?"
>The monk said, "What a fine lack of understanding!"
>Joshu clapped his hands and laughed.

>> No.15022172
File: 451 KB, 1280x948, 1585740141989.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like the whole catch of Zen Buddhism of living in the present, mindfully, the mind with no mind. But isn't bad for artistic inspiration and development if I don't let my mind wander, in the future and the past?

>> No.15022200
File: 176 KB, 468x720, 1585853870533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pssst.... don't tell too many people but I have it from inside sources that Guenon (pbuh) was secretly initiated into and instructed in Zen in 1921 by the Japanese ambassador to Paris, Viscount K. Ishii, and that as a result of that spiritual instruction Guenon (pbuh) ascended to the rank of Zen Master. Guenon (pbuh) was apprehensive at first given his rightful disregard for Buddhism, but when Ishii informed him that Zen Masters categorically rejected Buddhist doctrine and scriptures Guenon (pbuh) was persuaded to be initiated into Zen.

>> No.15022219

>>15022172
Zen and art is water and oil. Art is an overwhelmingly satanic (or sense-entangled if your pride prefers non-Abrahamic terms) endeavor, such that only works that are about the transcendental can be said to be non-satanic.

>> No.15022239
File: 26 KB, 750x730, 1533150852645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15017278
>If people want to have a conversation about what Zen Masters said...
I do. Do they speak collectively? When did they, in eerie unison, elect you their internet messenger? Are they many? If so, is it hard to understand what The Zen Masters™ speak?

>> No.15022252

>>15022200
cringe...

>> No.15022264

>>15022239
If you wanted to discuss what they said you would have posted topical content for discussion instead of making up some nonsense about anybody being their “messenger”.
They said Zen is the sword that can kill and give life. Based on the responses so far...? A lot of dead bodies.

>> No.15022273

>>15022219
Can you please elaborate on this? How did you came to that conclusion that art is satanic?

>> No.15022275

>>15022264
>Based on the responses so far...? A lot of dead bodies.
My fedora just tipped itself

>> No.15022290

>>15022275
We can tip hats all day to whomever we like and don’t like.
What about if we settle things on the basis of the facts?

>> No.15022305

>>15022172
you have no idea what you are saying
you are just blabbering nonsense copying sayings that describe things you've never experienced desperately and greedily grabbing for a piece of something you assume is valuable

shut the fuck up you fucking retard
you have nothing worth a shit to express anyway

>> No.15022306

>>15022264
What I was saying, you autist, is that any sort of argument that lumps all different masters of such a personal practice as Zen into a single narrative is ridiculous. You put it as if they form a hive-mind in which your view alone is wholly orthodox and every single view that you object to can't have been derived from Zen itself. The reality is that different masters thought differently and, from their ideas, a myriad of perceptions can be derived.

>> No.15022309

>>15022264
Zen

>> No.15022320

>>15022306
Yeah, not a single Zen Master taught your crap that “Zen is a deeply personal experience that varies between us”.
If they did you’d have a single quote to back that up. I’m not sure why you’re even here if your whole argument is based on “bc ur autism”
Doesn’t that strike as the least bit embarrassing?

>> No.15022323

Takuan Soho (1573-1645) was a prelate of the Rinzai Sect of Zen, well remembered for this strength of character and acerbic wit; and he was also gardener, poet, tea master, prolific author and a pivotal figure in Zen painting and calligraphy. It is said that Takuan sought to infuse the spirit of Zen into every aspect of life that caught his interest, such things as calligraphy, poetry, gardening and the arts in general. This he also did with the art of the sword.

>> No.15022325

>>15022320
Zen Master
Zen

>> No.15022329

>>15022323
Yeah. Two problems
1) no quotes from the guy
2) based on the geography and huge amount of cults active that claimed “we are totes zen guys!!” the odds aren’t in this guys favor.

>> No.15022330

>>15022320
what is zen then?
is there any way to prove something is zen without quoting a zen master who said something similar?

>> No.15022335

>>15022320
>not a single Zen Master taught your crap that “Zen is a deeply personal experience that varies between us”.
If you distort my argument into a new age aberration then certainly not. However mere temperament is enough to understand that experience and conclusions are different.

>> No.15022336

>>15022305
Just make your point instead of shouting and crying like a baby who shitted himself.

>> No.15022345

>>15022336
you are a fucking retarded nigger piece of shit

>> No.15022351

>>15022330
Zen is a name for a a lineage of people that blabbed on and on about the same stuff. Like I’ve commented every thread with, if you want to know what these guys said, why not read one of the books that they wrote or the various excerpts I posted?
The Gateless Gate is probably the most popular text that no one bothers to actually read.

>> No.15022358

>>15022351
is there any way to prove something is zen without quoting a zen master who said something similar?

>> No.15022363
File: 21 KB, 480x360, 1585117633451.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is that every single discussion on the internet about Zen and Daoism is plagued by gate-keeping brainlets like >>15022351 that have no idea what they are talking about?

>> No.15022365

>>15022351
>the same stuff
and what makes it the same
is that not what Zen is?

>> No.15022379

>>15022358
Teachings, doctrines, spiritual practices aren’t Zen. It is not a thing that thought can attain to or words can express.

If someone harps on about this kind of stuff it’s not Zen.

>> No.15022386

>>15022363
He's a fucking kike
I'm not kidding you the jews are actually organized to infect every corner of the internet so there can be no free honest conversation that goes unmolested
They directly oversee every moderator on every major platform if not do the moderation themselves

we have to kill them all

>> No.15022392

>>15022363
Citing to the people that made Zen famous is “gatekeeper”? Dude, get a grip.
Your claim is about as nuts as if someone suggested people who quote Abraham Lincoln in a convo about him is “gatekeeping”.

>> No.15022404

>>15022379
that doesn't seem to answer my question
how do you prove something is zen? is there any way to prove something is zen without quoting a zen master who said something similar?

>> No.15022411

The term ignorance means the absence of enlightenment. Which is to say, delusion. Abiding place means the place where the mind stops. In the practice of Buddhism, there are said to be fifty-two stages, and within these fifty-two, the place where the mind stops at one thing is called the abiding place.
Abiding signifies stopping, and stopping means the mind is being detained by some matter, which may be any matter at all.
To speak in terms of martial arts, when you first notice the sword that is moving to strike you, if you think of meeting that sword just as it is, your mind will stop at the sword in just that position, your own movements will be undone, and you will be cut down by your opponent. This is what stopping means.

>> No.15022429

>>15022404
It’s like asking me if there is a way to prove what apples taste like besides tasting one yourself.

People who haven’t tasted apples are just as easy to spot when they go on about how it tastes like a well done hamburger.

>> No.15022430

When facing a single tree, if you look at a single one of I its red leaves, you will not see all the others. When the eye is not set on any one leaf, and you face the tree with nothing at all in mind, any number of leaves are visible to the eye without limit. But if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.

>> No.15022462

>>15022392
>Dude, get a grip.
Imma grip your balls and tear them off, you fucking wikipedia reading thread derailer. Can't people talk about any Eastern topic without some fucking fedora tipper coming along to flaunt his e-penis in everybody's face? Huurrrr I read that ~~THE ZEN MASTERS~~ duuuur Get lost.

>> No.15022464

>>15022429
so you couldn't say "it's sweet" or "it's sour" or "it tastes like other fruits but has unique characteristics"

it has nothing in common with anything on earth?

>> No.15022476

>>15022429
>>15022351
>the same stuff
and what makes it the same
is that not what Zen is?

>> No.15022498

>>15022464
Zen Masters say as much. They are pretty unequivocal that no words can capture it and that the doctrines people shackle themselves to are as relevant as polishing a brick to make a mirror and that even if you spend 10,000 years chasing after virtuous or “spiritual” conduct you are still a million miles away from it

>> No.15022501

>>15022200
Based!

>> No.15022562

>>15022498
>no words can capture it
but they wrote all these texts
maybe nothing anyone writes about something 'captures' it but at least describes it to some extent

what patterns are there in the descriptions?
why are you ignoring this question: >>15022476

>> No.15022587

>>15022562
You’re asking me to read you their texts dude and baby bird it all to you...their shit is all available online and if you’re not afraid of Reddit there is a decent sized community of people at /r/zen

The stark difference between Zen and anything people claim about it is immediately apparent when you open the first case of the Gateless Gate.
It’s not something that relies on specific verbal formulations or practices.

>> No.15022592

>A redditor went to Zen Master Phyuk-Yiu (pbuh) and asked him:
>"Master, what is Zen (pbuh)?"
>Zen Master Phyuk-Yiu (pbuh) replied:
>"Inshallah, it is to cite the Zen Masters (pbuh) and fellate Them (pbuh)"
>Zen Master Phyuk-Yiu (pbuh) then defecated on the redditors face, and the redditor had a public meltdown

>> No.15022614

>>15022587
>It’s not something that relies on specific verbal formulations
Ah yes, which is why they wrote and said so much about it, and according to you, is necessary to read about to understand.

>> No.15022619

>>15007893
fucking schizos flipping their shit over an image

I love this parabel, its by far my favourite one.

>> No.15022627

>>15022614
If people claim they know what they said and then go on prattling about nonsense they rejected as “shackles and chains”, yeah, they exposed themselves as illiterate.
Imagine if someone went on prattling how Thomas Hobbes was totally into Star Wars or Legos but runs away when someone asks them for evidence of that. Same delio.

>> No.15022697

>>15022627
It sounds like you have an autistic chip on your shoulder about some sort of "inauthentic zen" peddled by new agers or some shit, and you assume everyone you discuss zen with is familiar with that and is likely in on a conspiracy to undermine it. I'm guessing you're on the spectrum?

>> No.15022783

>>15021986
100% based and 100% redpilled

>> No.15022790
File: 32 KB, 190x259, 1585925509905.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15022592
kek and based-pillled

>> No.15022793

>>15022619
ah of course, anyone who points out how you are actually schizophrenic with the proof that you externalize your personality to a cartoon character is 'schizo'

>> No.15022801

>>15022587
>You’re asking me to read you their texts dude and baby bird it all to you
where did I ask you to do that?

I was asking you to give an example or two about what "same stuff" zen masters say
can you describe zen to any extent at all?

why do you study zen text?

>> No.15022925
File: 80 KB, 884x475, flu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15021986
>their jewish creators need to be annihilated, jewish babies must burn alive