[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.03 MB, 4261x2776, Osho.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14973854 No.14973854 [Reply] [Original]

There are a few things to be understood.

One is, lies are very comfortable - mostly so when you don't know the truth. Somebody says to you, "I love you." He may be lying, he may be lying not knowing that he is lying, because he has been saying the same thing to many people. He does not mean much, but to you, it touches your heart.

Now to know the truth may be disturbing. He may be lying; he may be unconscious, a compulsive liar. The truth may be that he has never loved. That seems to be the situation in the world, that people have never loved, they have only believed that they love; otherwise there cannot be so much misery. Love would have removed all this misery.

Secondly, lies are easy. You don't have to seek and search and go on for a long pilgrimage. You can invent them. You cannot invent truth, you can only discover it. And people are ordinarily choosing the shortcut. Why go the hard way? And the lie seems to be a very shortcut - you cannot find more of a shortcut. You can invent it at any moment, any lie

But to discover the truth you have to risk your life. You have to go against the whole structure of lies around you. You have to become a lonely traveler, not even certain whether anything like truth exists or not. It needs tremendous courage. Lies don't need any courage; any coward can do it. All the cowards are doing it: fabricating, manufacturing beautiful lies, decorating them, presenting them to each other. For a moment it looks to be giving happiness, but a lie after all is a lie. Soon you have found it is a dead toy. You have been deceived, hence the misery.

But still people don't see the basic cause. They think, "This man has deceived me, this woman has deceived me." It is not a question of this man or this woman. This whole society is living in such a way where the lie has become the way of life. The better you can lie, the more logically you can make your lie appear, the more respected you will be.

Lies bring respect, rewards, Nobel prizes. Truth brings death, crucifixion. So why should people bother about truth?

>> No.14973869

>>14973854

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzpXjjeAYbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuT409dttCM

>> No.14973873

I have not come across a truth which has not got some lie in it. Neither have I come across a lie which is not true in a certain sense. Lies have fragments of truth in them, that's why they work; otherwise, how can a lie work? Why are people such liars? A lie has a fragment of truth in it. You cannot invent an absolute lie, impossible. And you cannot talk about the absolute truth - that too is impossible. That's why a Lao Tzu goes on saying: If you speak, you have already entered into the world of lies. The truth cannot be said. The moment you say it, a fragment of it is bound to be a lie.

>> No.14973915

>>14973854
Love is so corruptible, more than power even. Nature isn't that into peace and quiet.

>> No.14973953

>>14973915
Doesn't love come from power?

>> No.14973954

While reading all that shit you just said, I've started to suspect that your thoughts are worthless and, if used to influence others, possibly immoral. If Satan is a real entity, you are his think-tank.
>>14973873
Assuming this is also you (3 posts, 2 posters, so one of them made by the same person, most likely OP)
>I have not come across a truth which has not got some lie in it. Neither have I come across a lie which is not true in a certain sense.
>So why should people bother about truth?
This supports my suspicions the most.

>> No.14973963

>>14973854
I'm sorry, but after what he did to the WTC, I have no desire to hear this towel-head's thoughts on anything.

>> No.14973973
File: 475 KB, 1080x1020, D3E0F970-01A4-4916-9E67-CBE33A730EC9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14973963
>B-B-BUT HE DINDU NUFFIN

>> No.14973979

>>14973854
Your overlords are not terrified about you finding the truth...they are afraid of you spreading it.

>> No.14973982

>>14973954
>>So why should people bother about truth?
it continues actually
Jesus would have been perfectly accepted as a rabbi, a respectable person with a great following. There would have been no need to crucify him. But because he started saying things which were against the lies perpetuated for centuries, he himself is asking for crucifixion.

So lies have something. That's why people go on knowingly with the lies.

I have told this story many times:

A man said to an emperor, "You have conquered the whole world. This is unique. You are the first person to do so, and God is so happy that I can persuade him to bring his clothes for you. And that will be simply without any comparison with what has ever existed or will ever exist again."

God's clothes? - the emperor could not believe it, but he thought, "What is the harm in it?" He said, "Remember, if you deceive me death will be the reward for it."

The man said, "That I know; about that you need not be worried. But much money will be needed to go to heaven, to bribe the whole bureaucracy in heaven, because it is not easy to approach God."

The king said, "It does not matter how much it costs but you will have to remain in another palace beside this palace surrounded by the army. You cannot go out. Do whatsoever you want to do inside. Everything will be supplied to you; whatever you ask for will be immediately be given to you. Bring the clothes."

And after seven days, as promised, the man came out with a beautiful box. The whole capital had gathered. People from faraway places had come. The capital had never seen such crowds. God's clothes? Who would not like to see them?

And the court of the king was full. For the first time everybody was present; the queen was present, the princesses were present. And the man said to the court and to the king, "I have brought the clothes. And for these clothes, the two, three million rupees that you have given is nothing. When you see the clothes you will see they are a thousandfold more costly. In fact you cannot appraise their cost on the earth; they are something that belongs to heaven. They are not found on the earth."

The king was in a hurry. He said, "Open your box!"

The man said, "The way it must be done has been explained to me. Give me your cap. First, I will put your cap into the box, then I will take out the cap of God and put it on your head. Just one condition has to be remembered by all, that the cap will be seen only by those who are really born of their own father. Those who are not born of their own father will not be able to see it."

>> No.14974009

>>14973953
Unfortunately, no. Love comes from random places, often from places destined to confuse you.

>> No.14974032

>>14973954
You disagree with him but you don't put out your own idea. To disagree with him you must have your own idea to bounce off of.

>> No.14974084

>>14973982
>Jesus
>There would have been no need to crucify him.
According to who?
Do you even know the actual purpose of Jesus' death?

>>14974032
'My idea' is simply this classic quote: "A half truth is a whole lie."
Also, if you sincerely believe a condition that is infact incorrect, that does not make you a liar, it makes you mistaken.
Also, if I throw a rock and I see it hit the ground, I know the truth is: It hit the ground. There is no philosophical trickery there, so
>I have not come across a truth which has not got some lie in it.
^ saying something like that is just trying to sound intellectual when it's not.

>> No.14974123

>>14974084
>have not come across a truth which has not got some lie in it.
^ saying something like that is just trying to sound intellectual when it's not.

That is his opinion. He did not put it down as fact for everyone else. A lot of people like to hide the lie by surrounding it with flashy truths.

>> No.14974174

>>14974123
>opinion
It's worded more like a testimony, if you ask me.

>> No.14974200

Does anyone take this guy's writings seriously anymore?
He was known as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh#Establishing_Rajneeshpuram
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
He later changed his name to "Osho" so that he would no longer be identified with what "Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh" meant to everyone.

>> No.14974202

>>14974174
A testimony of what he perceives. The sentence does come from a subject angle. If you don't see that, you probably have issues.

>> No.14974238

>>14974202
How is that bioterrorism. Their intentions was to just to keep people from voting by giving them diarrhea. Bioterrorism is what they are doing with this virus.