[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 499 KB, 1653x2560, 81KBldResmL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14947060 No.14947060 [Reply] [Original]

I'm 150 pages deep, I really enjoy it so far, it's well written. but some parts are really tough for me, it's hard to get through them, especially if english isn't your first language, I find some parts literally impossible to comprehend, is that normal? only after finishing the part I have some vague idea what that was even about. does it get better or worse later in the book?

I will not stop until I finish this shit

>> No.14947076

It's kind of a puzzle trying to put the story together but most of the real confusion is up front when you don't know who is who or what they're up to. The only difficult prose parts are wardine and the heroin addicts which are both up front.

>> No.14947087

>>14947076
I found the part with the two agents very hard to read

>> No.14947088

>>14947060
I'm proud of you for tackling it as an ESL reader, even if you don't understand everything you should also be very proud of yourself. I got a 5 on an AP exam for a foreign language and have continued my study through university coursework and I still can't imagine reading an IJ equivalent and really grasping it. Hope you like the rest of the book

>> No.14947091

>>14947087
Marathe and Steeply? That continues through most of the novel. You must be retarded though. That stuff is comfy easy conversation.

>> No.14947654

>>14947087
Is it the language you’re finding difficult, or what’s happening with the plot and what exactly they’re referring to in conversation? The plot stuff makes sense on your second read, although you can put things together your first read through.