Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Become a Patron!

/lit/ - Literature


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 43 KB, 400x533, eastern orthodox schema.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938402 No.14938402 [Reply] [Original]

Why do Eastern Orthodox Christians wear spooky black robes and collect skulls?
https://youtu.be/mhTcxqKhKHQ

>> No.14938444

>>14938402
The black robes are based on the ones that were worn by monks in the Egyptian desert during Roman times. The skulls are those of dead monks and are reminders of the inevitability of death, the vanity of the world, and of the Last Judgment.

>> No.14938455
File: 121 KB, 800x1203, cat 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938455

>>14938444
Doesn't it seem rather creepy and Satanic?

>> No.14938489

>>14938455
No? It's just somber. They're men and women who dedicate they're lives to prayer and to serving Christ. It's as far removed from Satanism as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI363U3uPN0

>> No.14938509

>>14938444
>The black robes are based on the ones that were worn by monks in the Egyptian desert during Roman times.
I am guessing this was done via descent? How did those early Christians settle on which symbols to use?

>> No.14938513

>>14938444
>>14938402
>>14938489
Once a faith fetishizes ritual it becomes pagan. I always laugh when the trad kids shit on the Mexican lady of death cults

>> No.14938527

>>14938513
Once a faith loses its ritual fetish it splinters into 50,000 heresies.

>> No.14938528

>>14938402
these PAGANS are not CHRISTIAN!

>> No.14938631
File: 75 KB, 576x547, nicenecouncil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938631

>>14938513
>>14938528
People like you always lack any sense of tradition. Why do you refuse to read the Church Fathers and the histories produced by the Church? I don't understand it, you reject what was known and accepted for centuries for some pathetic misguided readings of the Bible. It's crude, dishonest, and prideful.
If you'd only read something like the works of the Apostolic Fathers, or St. Irenaeus of Lyon, or the Cappadocian Fathers you'd see that Anabaptism is a relatively modern invention.

>> No.14938681
File: 289 KB, 777x437, Battery_farm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938681

Why don't Orthodox advocate veganism? Why would God ignore our cruelty to his animal creatures? It's a hellish nightmare what animals go through every single day, but I've never heard a Christian give a damn, they're always obsessed with dumb shit like jacking off

>> No.14938759
File: 79 KB, 634x634, aryan cat 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938759

What is the Eastern Orthodox Church's stance on Jews?

>> No.14938897

who cares, theyre a dying church
>inb4 some 17 year old tells me the church is growing because of all his twitter friends who pretend to be orthodox

>> No.14938918
File: 52 KB, 448x500, sad cat 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14938918

Why is the Eastern Orthodox Church so much more beautiful and aesthetic than Western Protestant Churches? I was raised as a southern Baptist and our churches are not beautiful at all. They are ugly and bland and we have contemporary Christian rock/pop instead of traditional hymns and classical music.

>> No.14938923

>>14938402
Because they're the most based.

>> No.14938952

>>14938681
You don't need to be a vegan to be against factory farming. There is nothing wrong with killing animals humanely, God put them on the Earth for a reason.

>> No.14938975

so which one, /lit/? orthodoxy or catholicism?

>> No.14938981

>>14938975
the west can not into orthodoxy

>> No.14938985

>>14938975
Orthodoxy, Catholics are as far gone as the protestants.

>> No.14939002

>>14938631
christcucks are so fragile

>> No.14939015

>>14938631
Wasnt Irenaeus a heretic?

>> No.14939016

>>14938985
hardcore prots are far more based than either.

>> No.14939052

>>14939016
Lutherans are the only based Protestants.The rest are gay.

>> No.14939067

>>14938918
>They are ugly and bland and we have contemporary Christian rock/pop instead of traditional hymns and classical music.
If thats all you've been to of course you think all protestant churches are like that.

>> No.14939081

>>14938631
Who said "you have no need of a teacher..."? To the pure all things are pure. Picking and choosing is okay if done in spirit and Truth. The church is first a spiritual entity, not a historical. There are zombies in all churches. There are the blessed in all churches. God is jealous and will not permit a mere servant Maiden to give milk to his first born. God is not in the business of buying and selling Souls.

>> No.14939095

is orthodoxy the most metal christian creed?

>> No.14939096

>>14938918
Because the churches you went to totally rejected the Christian tradition in favor of, at best and most charitably, doing the bare minimum possible in order to be saved.

>> No.14939139
File: 1.11 MB, 1972x2560, A13UvmPyVIL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14939139

>>14939095

That would be sedevacantism anon

https://youtu.be/GMkOL2bSNbA
https://youtu.be/Yeo_ATsyel4
https://youtu.be/WWo-7uVR8yI

>> No.14939147

the purest christian is one who has taken god into his heart and lives as directed by scripture, no baggage. church rituals and traditions have immense social benefit, but are ultimately diluting your spiritual connection and service to god.

>> No.14939221

>>14938631
Everything after Christ is just interpreting fluff. The church can say tradition is practical but not the 'truth'.

>> No.14939222

>>14938455
how?

>> No.14939227

>>14939221
>Everything after Christ is just interpreting fluff. The church can say tradition is practical but not the 'truth'.

tradition is what gives context to belief

>> No.14939248

>>14939227
cucklick tradition of idolatry is giving what context?

>> No.14939259

>>14938455
Where do you think the satanists got it from?

>> No.14939266

>>14938759
bump

>> No.14939271

Why do Protestants worship Israel?

>> No.14939280

>>14939271
they are just more honest with themselves about their kike god than you.

>> No.14939308

>>14939227
The sheer distortion and additions over time obviously unrelated to the original word prove against it.

>> No.14939331

>>14939271
>Why do Dispensationalists worship Israel?
Fixed

>> No.14939363
File: 330 KB, 1478x2000, 1263241.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14939363

>>14938918
Prot churches made the mistake of seeing dwindling numbers with an aging membership and deciding that they needed to get hip with the kids in order to keep people going. they forgot people are not usually drawn into church by a similar atmosphere to worldly matters but for the fact that it is so different.

>> No.14939399

>>14939147
Christianity is liturgical and communal.
The church is the objective standard manifested in the world to guide and correct the individuals and divides

Become EO

>> No.14939408

>>14939399
>and divides
And divides heresies and prelest out

>> No.14939425

>>14938455
Not all. American Christians are plebs.

>> No.14939432

>>14938975
Gnosticism is the only way.

>> No.14939472

>>14938402
Why does /lit/ like Catholicism and Orthodoxy and /his/ like Calvinism?
Is it because /lit/ are pseuds?

>> No.14939518

>>14939472
/his/ sucks major cock. It's essentially a subreddit. I don't respect their opinions on anything beyond the correct dates of some dull battle.

>> No.14939523

>>14939432
Back to /x/ and /mlp/

>> No.14939554

>>14939139
Based MHFM poster

>> No.14939843

>>14939139
>>14939554
sedevacantism, particularily mhfm shouldn't be meme'd lightly i almost fell for it.

>> No.14939859

>>14938455
It's not like they're murdering people and collecting the skulls. They just keep the skulls as a kind of symbol reminding them of mortality or something.

>> No.14939901

>>14938402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o81A31hlgEA
This is better

>> No.14939906

>>14939901
This is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJw1oDEwnU

>> No.14939914

>>14938759
Jesus and bible hates jews. Catholics and pope suck rotshcilds cock, orthodox church dont affiliate with jews in any way. Watch Brother Nathaniel.

>> No.14939944

>>14939906
Sounds like heresy my man

>> No.14939949

>>14939944
That's why no one takes you ortholarpers seriously

>> No.14940458

>>14938759
They got refuted and spiritually deluded (accepting innovations like kabbalah, reincarnation and other nonsense) after they rejected Christ and the priesthood got passed to the Orthodox Church.

>> No.14940482
File: 343 KB, 785x1080, a8f02c22eff27a5738061e5d061ab7f4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14940482

>>14939147
>are ultimately diluting your spiritual connection and service to god
>the Eucharist is just a social custom bro!!!
Sounds like a Peterson-tier bugman unbiblical position.

>> No.14940510

>>14938681
It's a huge flaw of the Bible metaphysically speaking. The practical reason for that is that in the time it was written veganism would be largely unheard of, or even unthought of. Christians usually justify this by saying that God put the animals on Earth to be consumed, but this also seems like cosmogonical nonsense because: in the Bible you have no basis for reincarnation so you can't say that animals are being exploited and killed because of their deeds in previous lives; they're not demons, they're not evil spirits and so on. Therefore God just chose to make one source of food sentient and able to feel pain, instead of making them just like a plants (which lack a nervous system and sentience), which in itself would make you think of some kind of punishment or hellish realm, but again, the scriptures define no such thing. Animals are just sentient beings punished to a life of suffering and mindless wandering without having done anything akin to 'original sin', without even having an identity.

>> No.14940586

>>14938681
>Why don't Orthodox advocate veganism?
Because God clearly accepted animal sacrifice and eating meat and did not abolish it with the New Covenant. It wasn't needed before the fall though, so it's not a permament state of affairs and will be done away with.
>Why would God ignore our cruelty to his animal creatures?
We don't consider humanely killing them as per Old Testament descriptions to be cruel. Modern factory farming is disgusting though.

>>14940510
>Christians usually justify this by saying that God put the animals on Earth to be consumed
Maybe Protestants say that, but we see animals as originally being there to help humans, as Genesis says. There's no metaphysical flaw in stating that God now accepts eating meat in the post-fall world as a form of "help" to humans.

I don't know of a good short source in English, but you can google translate this to learn more. https://azbyka.ru/myaso

>> No.14940605

>>14940510
Well they say that Jesus ate fish and lamb and that he is sinless. It is strange how we humans are because we can totally treat a dog one way and then treat them the opposite when it's convenient for us. we might justify putting our dogs to sleep when they're too many and they would starve. Other people eat dogs. Still others dress them up and treat them like their own children. Rationally you would think that God loves his animals. I see the animals as different kinds of expressions for our own nature. but if animals are insignificant I don't see why we would be very much more significant. All of nature in general might be some kind of facet of our own being. Maybe by our very existence here among the animals they end up gaining something from us. Dogs seem to be becoming more and more human. Alan Watts said that all the animals think that they are humans.

>> No.14940610

>>14939081
>The church is first a spiritual entity, not a historical.
that's ecclesiastical gnosticism. the church is both spiritual and historical.

>> No.14940633

>>14938455
Considering that the main christian icon is a dead dude nailed to a cross and that his followers re-enact eating his flesh and drinking his blood every week, what makes you focus on this part of it as particularly creepy?

>> No.14940638

>>14940610
The spirit is always before the flesh. Plenty of churches have proven how they wish to make a kingdom of man rather than the kingdom of God. History itself is an aspect of my spirit.

>> No.14940695

>>14940586
>There's no metaphysical flaw in stating that God now accepts eating meat in the post-fall world as a form of "help" to humans.
It does make sense within the faith system of Christianity, that's not what I was arguing against. The possibility of infinite reincarnation (if you continually don't find ethics in your wanderings) is a level playing field, metaphysically speaking, as opposed to the christian God just doing what he feels like. In the Christian faith the 'arbitrary' (i.e. subjective) acts of God create 'objectivity' for humans.
I appreciate some aesthetics of Christianity, but ethically I consider them deluded people. Many of the Christian monks might be vegan de facto (not by the strict definition of the term but you get the idea), but they would never give up the structure that keeps them 'safe' from walking the true wandering path in life and finding or searching for ethics with no 'proof' of the existence of God (or God as in a metaphysical reality; Jesus, his miracles, etc.). When I live I have no reference point; some might say to take the 'beauty' and ordered character of the Universe as 'proofs' for the nature of ethics and metaphysics, but I can't see that going through life as going through a truth table is correct. For all I know the virtuous will be punished and the vicious will be rewarded. Christians, among others, don't have that problem, they already 'know' everything regarding what they should do on Earth (seem to know, perhaps falsely, as Christianity might indeed be the true faith, but I don't believe that in the slightest personally).

>> No.14940727

>>14940695
>The possibility of infinite reincarnation
By this I mean becoming a lesser animal, and then human or some greater animal in comparison to the former, then lesser again and so on, if you base your life on the consumption of sentient beings (themselves being part of the same intermittent circle).

>> No.14940732
File: 45 KB, 404x532, 1452972844444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14940732

>>14940695
>For all I know the virtuous will be punished and the vicious will be rewarded.
>ethically I consider them deluded people

>> No.14940741

>>14940732
Yes. It's about what I consider/believe to be true. I can't say what is objectively true.

>> No.14940874
File: 323 KB, 1024x1024, __nyto_obelisk_girls_frontline__07e8e386c05554a33173df1d4a6d58c1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14940874

I like Bethel Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFWF9rSAWF8

>> No.14941033

>>14940741
>I can't say what is objectively true.
Is that itself objectively true?

>> No.14941043

>>14938402
>>14939901
What do I need to do to earn such robes?

>> No.14941047
File: 1.00 MB, 500x268, 8ubGFLt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14941047

>>14938402

>> No.14941084

>>14938455
Only because Hollywood has conditioned you to associate black robes and symbols of death with satan or evil. In reality they’re mostly completely normal and healthy aspects of life, especially religious life.

>> No.14941131

>>14938402
This and the art of Christianity in general is so much cooler than Islam and Buddhism and all that.

>> No.14941142

>>14940695
If I understand you correctly, you seem to be imposing your own state of still being a seeker onto these other people who at the very least claim they have found the truth. It is then only consistent for them to act in a way where they aren't going around mindlessely doubting and seeking what they already have.

>> No.14941148

>>14938444
the skulls mean Golgotha(the place of a skull)

>> No.14941207

>>14941142
>imposing your own state of still being a seeker onto these other people who at the very least claim they have found the truth
depends what you mean by 'find'. Christian monks and other such religions with a large empirical foundation claim they have 'found' God both metaphysically and empirically, and that their way is absolute certainty.
Furthermore, it also depends what you mean by 'mindlessly doubting'; if you were referring to my position, I do not have such doubts myself, I believe fully in the essence of my supposed understanding of metaphysics, it's just that I recognize that I have no proof for it because life and reason are both tied to the empirical. There is a huge gap between what one believes to be true and what COULD (even ad absurdum) be true.
To repeat, the problem I have with such religious people is that they adhere to a safe ideological spot that clearly raises more question than it answers through its axioms (original sin; animals are meant for human consumption and use, etc.).
Would they believe the same things so strongly if there was no prophetic narrative in the Bible and if Jesus didn't prove (i.e. empirically) that he is the son of God? That means no miracles, no resurrection, no statements regarding his nature. Simply a man that preached ethics and metaphysical meaning (including after-life 'reward') in a strictly ideal manner, again, without giving them any empirical proof, annoying some people in the meantime and dying nailed to a cross

>> No.14941322

>>14941207
>Would they believe the same things so strongly if there was no prophetic narrative in the Bible and if Jesus didn't prove (i.e. empirically) that he is the son of God? That means no miracles, no resurrection, no statements regarding his nature. Simply a man that preached ethics and metaphysical meaning (including after-life 'reward') in a strictly ideal manner, again, without giving them any empirical proof, annoying some people in the meantime and dying nailed to a cross

Christianity is a revealed religion. While man has the basic moral law written in his heart and some spiritual intuition, he doesn't have all the nuances and details available unless it comes from a supernatural divine source. Since we are wandering in a fallen world and our vision is obstructed by sin we need a guide.
Furthermore if God is personal, which is what Christ and all the saints taught, then it makes sense for him to manifest empirically and act within history, to start a visible church within his creation to safeguard the truth, to have a coherent dogma that persists through time, his word will never pass away, and not have a God who just resides aloof in some abstract platonic realm beyond us, hoping we'll discover him by our own efforts and intellect.


> the problem I have with such religious people is that they adhere to a safe ideological spot that clearly raises more question than it answers through its axioms (original sin; animals are meant for human consumption and use, etc.).
Original sin as the the orthodox church teach means we inherent the consequences of sin, i.e get born in a fallen world, predisposed to calamity and evil, it doesn't mean we get born with a kernel of evil in our nature that we are guilty for. If that is what you object to...
As for animals, what's the problem? Vegan dogmas that try to restrict what people eat are demonic. If you want to be vegan go ahead, but God never said it's mandatory, in fact quite the opposite. We should treat animals well, to some degree, but that doesn't mean they are equal to us and have rights . St John of Damascus’ in Heresiology: The Encratite heretics are from Marcionism and reject marriage and mandate veganism.... likewise your subjective feelings don't create moral imperatives, they are misguided.

>> No.14941326
File: 103 KB, 689x900, vegan demons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14941326

>>14941322
>>14941207

>> No.14941414

>>14938528
Christ was a pagan. He worshiped his own father, after all, proved faith with cheap parlour tricks and promised eternal life through the eating of his flesh and blood. Idolatry through and through.

>> No.14941423

>>14939425
This, Americans ruin everything. They are a blight upon this earth.

>> No.14941434

>>14938631
why that nigga sleeping on the floor tho

>> No.14941470

>>14941322
All of what you said revolves around taking the convoluted word of God and the scriptures for granted, a thing I've mentioned:
>as opposed to the christian God just doing what he feels like. In the Christian faith the 'arbitrary' (i.e. subjective) acts of God create 'objectivity' for humans.
It does depend where each individual wants to draw the line for possibility, probability and truth as far as metaphysical realities go. For me, I find the world to be much more reminiscent of a type of samsara, woven with both superior elements and knowledge down to quantum architecture and also lesser elements like the senses and the instincts, as opposed to a creation of an obscure God with a thing for a semitic tribe, who initially has a special deal with them but centuries later he changes his mind to a nearly complete overhaul of its mysticism and metaphysics.
Elaborating a bit, the senses or instincts, I think they are not inherent 'traps' created by the demiurge (I don't believe in one single demiurge, I believe there are multiple 'strata' of being with their respective attributes, one of which is the stratum of those capable to create and weave the empirical ground for the wanderings of beings from the stratum that humans also belong to, until they rise over the inferior elements), they're merely the result of the inferior nature of the world we reside in.

>> No.14941492

>>14941326
Having a conscience seared with a hot iron is not as bad as one that cannot feel the conscience at all. Or did they only feel the intense searing and then nothing else? The descriptions in those Bible verses speak of those who restrict and restrain foolishly. God has given me many foods that I was thankful for, many of which my brother and would condemn me for eating.

>> No.14941534

>>14941492
Maybe having your conscience seared isn’t as bad, but being aware that you are stunted in such a state and rationalizing it away is far worse. You could use that knowledge to repent and grow, to forge a deeper fellowship with nature, but you cast it away. To throw away the chance to repent is a far worse sin than mere ignorance.

>> No.14941552

>>14941534
Indeed they could turn to the book called The Shepherd of hermas an early Christian writing. there were examples in it that the show the contemplation of nature expressing spiritual insights. Often God likes to use such symbolic languages to express to his people.

>> No.14941718

>>14941434
Stop talking like that.

>> No.14941720

>>14941414
Begone Shlomo

>> No.14941723

Why don't Orthodox have a systematic theology?
Is it because they make it all as they go?

>> No.14941735
File: 107 KB, 588x800, disgusted cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14941735

Why are so many young American Protestants like this?
>bald head that they cover with a baseball cap
>beard, often a ginger one
>kind of short
>extreme turbo normalfag personality
>exaggerated emotional expression, wide eyes, hand movements, fake smiles, etc.
https://youtu.be/LTA8jbsm_XI

>> No.14941790

>>14941723
>Is it because they make it all as they go?
more or less, yeah
their theology is just do whatever's opposite of Rome

>> No.14941791

>>14941723
>>14941723
>Why don't Orthodox have a systematic theology?
Because of the Holy Spirit.

>> No.14941796
File: 27 KB, 333x499, 51kU-MkC2GL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14941796

>>14941723
is this a shit bait ? or are you just dumb

>> No.14941807

How does one get saved and not go to hell in Eastern Orthodox theology?

>> No.14941812

>>14941796
Oh good. You finally got one after a millennium.

>> No.14941820

>>14941735
because they are american

>> No.14941848
File: 11 KB, 236x313, 852b688716a1609d3385017baf9f805c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14941848

>>14938975

Why, Crypto-Gnostic-Arisophic Orthodoxy ofcourse

>> No.14941867

>>14941322
>>14941326

Veganism isn't just an arbitrary diet restriction, it's based around empathizing with creatures that we hold power over. I simply don't understand why the Catholic or Orthodox have never addressed animal cruelty, how it's not considered sinful is beyond me.

https://youtu.be/oHfVajDbyJk

>> No.14941934

>>14941867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rsNQyM1EV8

>> No.14941949

>>14941796
based!

>>14941723
We have dogmas, scripture and liturgy which remain preserved. That's all we need.

>> No.14941963

>>14939432
no
>>14939139
lmao no
>>14939016
ayyy not at all

>> No.14941968

>>14941735
I sincerely do not understand how anyone relatively young on the internet could genuinely be protestant these days.

>> No.14941982

>>14938402
Because humans today are no different from the people thousands of years ago. Larping was equally fun for people then as it is now.

>> No.14941986

>>14941934

Jay Dyer is an idiot. He never wins debates he just loudly blabbers over other people and repeats his point over and over again until he exhausts his opponents. I've never heard legitimate arguments against veganism that don't boil down to ad hominem attacks and cherry picking. Feigned American masculinity, it's all a cope for being wrong about everything.

>> No.14941996

>>14941934
That guy who owns the channel also believes the earth is flat, fyi

>> No.14942006

>>14939843

MHFM is basically a Catholic heaven's gate, instead of a rare comet passing by earth it's the second Vatican council and humanity doesn't get recycled so much as God punishes our asses

>> No.14942025

>>14941986
You can be vegan but there's no grounds to argue it as morally imperative on other humans. It's just a diet. Animals aren't people so their lives aren't comparable to ours, they are marginally above plants. We should still take care of plants and animals but let's not pretend they are people.

>> No.14942032

>>14941820
Why are Americans like that?

>> No.14942038

>>14941996
Tristan? Proof? Not that it discredits what he's saying. Just curious.

>> No.14942063

>>14942025
>It's just a diet
since when is wearing leather part of a diet? as to what constitutes a human, I doubt you have the intelligence to realize that you can't properly define a human in an objective and empirical manner. it soon becomes just an arbitrary judgement in regards to a structure of atoms. i can say that I consider human everyone except those with a certain DNA structure present only in your family. take all of you to the closest abandoned building and make an Anon (TM) meat kickstarter.

>> No.14942067

>>14942025

I believe being a human puts us in position of power due to our intellectual capabilities, and there are references in the scriptures of us being stewards of the earth. Why should we terrorize defenseless creatures, when it's unnecessary for survival (don't give me nonsense about b12 and protein)? It's clear that animals absolutely feel pain, and a spectrum of emotions. They do have a form of consciousness and you would know if you've had a pet or ever closely observed different animals. The only thing that's holding us back from treating more vulnerable creatures with empathy is a religious attachment to consuming meat

>> No.14942073

>>14942038
I came across some of his videos like 1 or 2 years ago where he mentioned that, I don't have the source at hand. And I think believing in the christian god discredits him more than the flat earth opinion.

>> No.14942096

>>14942067
Where in the bible is meat banned for humans?
In an atheist world view it doesn't matter either way, even cannibalism is valid, and all suffering is meaningless.

>> No.14942106

>>14942067
God does not absolutely forbid it. It's that simple if you feal the need to fast all time all for the better. But as Jesus says don't worry what goes on your body but what goes out. Be a better person first to other people then you can move to animals. I'm saying this because most vegans are terrible people.

>> No.14942128
File: 37 KB, 318x409, 19350846.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942128

>>14941812
So retarded eh ? That is sad.

>> No.14942131

>>14942063
>as to what constitutes a human
Every vegan view inevitably falls into some kind of relativist degeneracy, so it isn't even justifiable to say that there is actually any objective metaphysical difference between humans and animals.

>> No.14942146

>>14942106
>most vegans are terrible people.

Most Christians are worse, at least vegans are trying. Christians often turn a blind eye to cruelty against other humans much less animals, they would rather pretend to be outraged by people having consensual sex than protest bombing brown people in the middle east.

>> No.14942149
File: 89 KB, 600x800, 1580819781694.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942149

>>14942146
>they would rather pretend to be outraged by people having consensual sex

>> No.14942152

>>14942131

Veganism is an extension of real natural law, and objective morality. Do unto others as you would have them do to you, it's rooted in empathy and a desire to extend freedom to the vulnerable and weak.

>> No.14942154

>>14942131
This is true.

>>14942063
Humans come from human parents, not fish or monkeys, we are made in the image of God, our species has the power of reason and conscience, read your bible.

>> No.14942160

>>14938681
>>14940510
>>14940695
>>14941207
>>14941492
>>14941470
''In the whole vast domain of living nature there reigns an open violence, a kind of prescriptive fury which arms all the creatures to their common doom. As soon as you leave the inanimate kingdom, you find the decree of violent death inscribed on the very frontiers of life. You feel it already in the vegetable kingdom: from the great catalpa to the humblest herb, how many plants die, and how many are killed. But from the moment you enter the animal kingdom, this law is suddenly in the most dreadful evidence. A power of violence at once hidden and palpable … has in each species appointed a certain number of animals to devour the others. Thus there are insects of prey, reptiles of prey, birds of prey, fishes of prey, quadrupeds of prey. There is no instant of time when one creature is not being devoured by another. Over all these numerous races of animals man is placed, and his destructive hand spares nothing that lives. He kills to obtain food and he kills to clothe himself. He kills to adorn himself, he kills in order to attack, and he kills in order to defend himself. He kills to instruct himself and he kills to amuse himself. He kills to kill. Proud and terrible king, he wants everything and nothing resists him.

From the lamb he tears its guts and makes his harp resound ... from the wolf his most deadly tooth to polish his pretty works of art; from the elephant his tusks to make a toy for his child - his table is covered with corpses ... And who in all of this will exterminate him who exterminates all others? Himself. It is man who is charged with the slaughter of man ... So it is accomplished ... the first law of the violent destruction of living creatures. The whole earth, perpetually steeped in blood, is nothing but a vast altar upon which all that is living must be sacrificed without end, without measure, without pause, until the consummation of things, until evil is extinct, until the death of death.''

>> No.14942162

>>14942146
this is always what veganism ideology boils down to.
a desire for mindless cooming.

>> No.14942168

>>14942149

Pearl clutching larper

>> No.14942178

>>14942152
>real natural law, and objective morality
These do not exist without the Triune God and his revelation as described by Orthodoxy.
>Do unto others as you would have them do to you
But I'm a completely determined atomistic empircal animal with canines. Why should I not eat other animals just as all predators do?

>> No.14942185

>>14942131
How so?
refer to these
>>14940695
>>14941207
>>14941470
idealist ethics which treats sentience as the indication for the existence of a soul is hardly relativistic degeneracy.
you shouldn't hold the arguments for veganism you see on youtube as a standard. these people are all atheists/materialists and do NOT want to take any form of idealism as an axiom. they largely hold the same views as Dawkins or Harris in regards to ethics. 'why would it be wrong to rape a 5yo', 'dude wtf you are evil', 'well it's self evident, it's better for the species evolutionarily', 'it's self-evident'.

>> No.14942187
File: 122 KB, 805x851, 1579668136169.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942187

>>14942168
>NOOOOOOOO!!! YOU CANT JUST GENUINELY UPHOLD TRADITIONAL REVEALED SEXUAL MORALITY!!!!!! YOUR A LARPER!!!!

>> No.14942209
File: 55 KB, 777x777, 2c0ae718124302f24242b8f8e6da6395c0fb2d92e929080e97bb9bb6dce174a8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942209

>>14942146
Bombing muslims in the middle-east is based, sadly Americans keep bombing the wrong ones. It's funny to find a basednigger clutching his pearls over the hooman rights of headchoppers there desu.

>> No.14942215

>>14942146
Faggotory is absolutely forbidden by God so there is that.
And why did you Cheri pick the last statement and not the argument? Fist be a good person then you can sort about others.

>> No.14942218

>>14942162

Christians coom as well, often they're even bigger perverts than the people they preach against. Religious people are truly mentally ill, they spend all their time obsessing about their own genitals, and ignore real injustices and cruelty. Not everyone is a common filth caricature, it's normal to have a sex drive if you're a biological mammal

>> No.14942229

>>14942209

It's funny how fast justifying abuse of animals leads to justifying abuse of people. I'm the bad guy because I actually want to live in a more free, empathetic world

>> No.14942234
File: 62 KB, 640x834, pHQch5Q_d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942234

>>14942146
On what basis do you determine that cruelty is wrong and that it's wrong to bomb sandniggers?
>>14942229
Empathy is stupid and self-defeating.

>> No.14942236
File: 3.80 MB, 224x224, bugman.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942236

>NOOOO YOU CANNOT JUST EAT THE FRICKIN ANIMAL BRO!!!! THINK ABOUT ITS FEELINGS!!! MATERIALIST LIVING FOREVER IS BETTER THAN SERVING OUT YOUR PURPOSE AS FOOD AND PASSING ON!!!!

>> No.14942237

>>14942215
>>14942178
>>14942146
>>14942131

You can believe in objective truth and morality without the need for believing in a magical book, or institution.

>> No.14942247

>>14942237
Nope.

>> No.14942250

>>14942187
If you choose one tradition over the other then you can't make appealing to tradition a coherent argument. There have been traditions of monogamy, polygamy, patriarchy, matriarchy, plundering, rape, human sacrifice, incest and so on.

>> No.14942251

>>14942236

>MATERIALIST LIVING FOREVER

If you were a Christian you would know that they believe in a bodily resurrection and a restoration of the material universe, but you're a larper

>> No.14942252

>>14942237
Let's see you do it without tripping. Go.

>> No.14942255

>>14942237
That is called subjective truth

>> No.14942262

>>14942128
>he doesn't know the difference between dogmatic and systematic theology
Wew.

>> No.14942264

>>14942247

Elaborate? Are you afraid that if you stopped putting your faith in a magical book you'll start taking pozzed loads up the ass?

>> No.14942267

>>14942237
>You can
You can pretend to, but you can't coherently justify these things without falling into contradictions, absolute relativism and some form of degenerate monism, either materialistic or hinduistic.

>> No.14942271

why do threads about christianity bring out the stupidest people on the board?

>> No.14942278

>>14942252
>>14942255

Do unto others as you would have done unto you, this is basic common sense that a child can understand but apparently you're so dense you need a man in a funny hat to teach you it.

>> No.14942279

>>14939914
>>14940458
The Orthodox Church sounds based.

>> No.14942280

>>14942250
>appealing to tradition a coherent argument
I'm not appealing to mere tradition. I'm appealing to REVEALED tradition which is divine and true by nature.

>> No.14942282

>>14942267
>degenerate
you keep using this word but you never define it. did god simply decide what is 'degenerate' for you too, have you ever discovered something by yourself?

>> No.14942286

>>14942278
>Do unto others as you would have done unto you
What if I am a degenerate furry who likes to get pozzed by black carriers of HIV?

>> No.14942290

>>14942280
you think a man
>walked on water
>cured a blind dude
>turned water into wine
>multiplied a few breads for a hundred people
enough said

>> No.14942292
File: 126 KB, 768x1024, 72537435_10156726421082399_6928104109002194944_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942292

>>14942229
FYI I'm a vegetarian and absolutely do not condone animal abuse, but your humanism is not only unfounded but also misplaced and is what's killing the West.

>> No.14942294

>>14942286

Most people aren't, maybe you are though. It's called mental illness, and it's the culmination of a lot of unfortunate things

>> No.14942296

>>14942282
>define it
An abomination. Monism is idolatry and an abomination unto God.
>have you ever discovered something by yourself?
No. Neither have you. All knowledge presupposes our God.

>> No.14942300

>>14938402
CUZ THEY TURNT THE FUCK UP BIATCH

>> No.14942306

>>14942278
Common sense is not a morality nor objective. Either embrace amorality or start praying.

>> No.14942310

>>14942294
Then how is it not subjective to say that I should not spread the HIV as far as possible if
>Do unto others as you would have done unto you
is your maxim?

>> No.14942312

>>14942278
What I'd I'm a masohist that like to get between to a pulp should I beat others because I like it? Or of rape excites me should I rape to excite others ?

>> No.14942315

>>14942292

>let's unironically through line up genetically impure races and shoot them

I'm not an evil person who follows ideologies that dehumanizes others

>> No.14942322

>>14942290
How is that inconsistent with reality?

>> No.14942330
File: 215 KB, 498x498, 7b69c678ecca720097265571ab7c5b50.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942330

>>14942290
>NOOO YOU CANT JUST TAKE THIS WATER AND TURN IT INTO WINE! THAT LIKE... GOES AGAINST CONSERVATION OF ENERGY!!! I SAW THIS IN RICK AND MORTY!!!

>> No.14942333

>>14942032
bump

>> No.14942340

>>14942333
Because they're protestant

>> No.14942351

>>14942310
>>14942312

99% of people don't want to be infected by HIV, again maybe you do and religion is truly holding you back from the beast that you are. The thing is that nobody has a right to inflict harm upon another person without their consent, the vast majority of people don't want harm inflicted upon them unless they're broken. It's still a good proverb to live by regardless of the fact that sociopaths exist, and a good reason why people should be armed and have a right to defend themselves

>> No.14942352

>>14942278
but what justifies it? what if i don't care about anything other than myself? we need something metaphysical to sustain everything, otherwise the justifiable and unjustifiable are not different

>> No.14942356

>>14942330
When you go to heaven you'll tell God how well you did by posting soijack memes on 4chan? Grow up, at least slightly.
I'm not an atheist, nor a materialist and I hardly care about the conservation of energy.
Some people would believe anything if it had a huge building dedicated to it and some shiny symbols. I doubt you even know your own God, you only use it as a justification for your deeply mediocre choices. but you'll wake up one day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS2biN257sQ

>> No.14942358
File: 850 KB, 2638x3967, bc23a2f539246fab4680cabcc359c94fbedaf93924a1cd6decfd7f4e1c327f91.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942358

>>14942315
Who are you quoting? As for dehumanization the islamists have done that to themselves through their actions, they committed sins so grave it was as if hell itself was made manifest on Earth. To battle this evil is not only just but also the only acceptable action.

And you can't judge yourself, it's up to God. You don't even have a moral framework by which you could do evil or good. You have flabby humanists notions which don't have a solid foundation.

>> No.14942363

>>14942352

Most people aren't sociopaths, sociopathy is a diseased state of mind. People have the right to defend themselves against evil violent people

>> No.14942368

>>14942351
>99% of people don't want to be infected by HIV,
>the vast majority of people
so it's subjective and objective morality actually doesn't exist under your veganist viewpoint.

>> No.14942369

>>14942358

Alt righters who jumped on the fascist bandwagon and larp as a defenders of "western civilization", you can tell someone is a /pol/ drone 100 miles away

>> No.14942373

>>14942356
>I'm not an atheist, nor a materialist
The point is that you actually are, you're just to blind to see it.

>> No.14942379

>>14942373
No, because I've explicitly stated otherwise : >>14942185

>> No.14942380

>>14942368

It's not subjective, it's natural law to avoid things that lead to pain and suffering. Sociopaths live in a state of solipsism, they're mentally ill and are disconnected from reality

>> No.14942383

>>14942363
yeah it is diseased because there is something beyond ourselves, not because our actions justify themselves, ''you behave in a good manner because behaving in a good mannner is good''

>> No.14942389
File: 53 KB, 357x511, 5e47f95165523a3694baf76db8c6b00b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942389

>>14942351
>The thing is that nobody has a right to inflict harm upon another person without their consent
Yes they do, why wouldn't they? Where would they get this "right" from anyway? And what is consent truly? It's malleable, pliable and means nothing.

>> No.14942391

>>14942380
>natural law to avoid things that lead to pain and suffering.
the remedy for what is disordered is pain, this is a natural law

>> No.14942392

>>14942383

I absolutely agree, and it's self evident to most people if they don't repress their own empathy and intuition

>> No.14942395
File: 62 KB, 640x1518, 2B757AFA-0147-42C1-940C-DF65E9C00408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942395

>>14942358
>To battle this evil is not only just but also the only acceptable action.

>> No.14942397

>>14942356
>I'm not an atheist, nor a materialist and I hardly care about the conservation of energy.
Okay, then explain why Christ did not turn water into wine?

>> No.14942404

>>14942380
>it's natural law to avoid things that lead to pain and suffering
Prove that this natural law is objective and that I should follow it.

>> No.14942409

>>14942389
>>14942391

Suffering is a shitty state of being, and most of it is self inflicted because of our own disordered egotism. People are waking up and realizing that we don't have to exist in a constant state of domination and submission, that this ISN'T the natural law. Not everyone wants to play nice, which is why people have the right to defend themselves and their friends

>> No.14942412

>>14942380
Why is pain and suffering "bad" though?

>> No.14942419

>>14942404

Have you ever been loved? Did your parents spend time with you? Life has the potential to be something beautiful, but humans keep choosing slavery

>> No.14942425

>>14942419
>Have you ever been loved? Did your parents spend time with you? Life has the potential to be something beautiful, but humans keep choosing slavery
All subjective experiences I may or may not have had. It's not a proof and doesn't answer my question.

>> No.14942427

>>14942397
That's beyond human rational capabilities. It's the same as trying to explain why matter shouldn't suddenly spike up, create a giant sized boot and throw it into the moon and shattering it to pieces. Or why a giant baseball bat isn't about to send the sun flying out of the galaxy.

>> No.14942431

>>14942409
>Suffering is a shitty state of being
why tho?
im an epic animal bro. we're all just matter anyways...

>> No.14942433

>>14942412

Do you enjoy suffering? I suppose a person can be so warped that they gain a twisted pleasure in suffering, but if something is leading to suffering that's a sign that we're doing something wrong. This would include hard drug abuse, because it inevitably leads to even greater suffering to the self and others

>> No.14942436

>>14942427
>That's beyond human rational capabilities.
But I thought you weren't an atheist materialist? What in your world-view would stop Jesus Christ from turning water into wine?

>> No.14942440

>>14942409
and if you think that you can attain a state of complete cessation of suffering by yourself, avoiding suffering like an hedonist, and think that this is natural, you are gullible; you will always be submissive and dominated by this world, by your own state of existence; submissive to pleasure, to avoiding suffering is not submission?

>> No.14942443

>>14942380
prove and justify the existence of a natural law

>> No.14942451

What is so appealing about being a skeptical atheist? In my country, you would not be socially trusted if you publicly revealed that you were a materialistic atheist.

>> No.14942461

>>14942451
What country

>> No.14942462

>>14942440

>bashed toe on rock
>existence is suffering therefore we must embrace all suffering and pain as good

No, pain is good in the sense that it can teach us how to avoid it. Children understand this, but apparently if you're a clever anon, you've come to the conclusion that everything is just so vague and unknowable without an external authority.

>> No.14942465

>>14942436
I don't believe a god with such an ascended understanding would be infatuated with a semitic tribe for a few centuries, then change his mind into a more collectivist manner, come down from heaven once and then hide in the sky for the time to come. It seems like a stupid reality to believe in.
so why would I choose that convoluted narrative instead of a more logical and coherent one?

>> No.14942474

>>14942462
if you were a clever person you would understand that i didn't mean at all that pain and suffering is good and should be embraced as good, reread my post jesus christ

>> No.14942475

>>14942443

Go jump off a cliff and get mangled by sharp rocks, that's natural law. We can live in harmony with it, or we can go against it by needless cruelty towards others and ourselves

>> No.14942483

>>14942465
>infatuated with a semitic tribe for a few centuries...
You're materialistically presupposing that this tribe existed independent of Him and was not established by Him for the explicit purpose of furthering His plan of later opening up a form of their covenant to the entire world.
>more logical and coherent one
Such as?

>> No.14942484

>>14942475
causation is natural law, lel , even if you accept that. it does not extend to morality at all.

>> No.14942490

>>14942475
>Go jump off a cliff and get mangled by sharp rocks, that's natural law.
nah breh, that's just you witnessing action A and then action B, leading to your death. it's a totally subjective experience bro.

>> No.14942502
File: 54 KB, 500x468, 605dc8dee44043418b0c04cf344755b30d78114f14782f6997ca4ad1243a3f9b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942502

>>14942419
You're the one choosing slavery by rejecting Christ and at the same time sticking to second hand Christian ethics and morals even when they stop having meaning. Maybe suffering is beauty, maybe conquest and slaughter are expressions of love.
>>14942433
It means nothing to me, suffering is just a part of life. It doesn't mean you're doing something "wrong", it's a feeling. Different people suffer from different things and in different measures. Children are happy to abuse and it brings them pleasure without guilt. Man can be conditioned to recieve pleasure from anything. What do you think a man feels when he rapes someone? Power, pleasure, satisfaction.

Stop clinging to Christian morality.

>> No.14942503

>>14942484

It absolutely extends to morality, because morality is ultimately based on love. Morality isn't just arbitrary religious rules, it's an inherent guide towards a better state of existence for all life and existence.

>> No.14942507

>>14942483
>You're materialistically presupposing that this tribe existed independent of Him and was not established by Him for the explicit purpose of furthering His plan of later opening up a form of their covenant to the entire world.
yes, I am, because I don't think the Christian God exists
>Such as?
I've roughly defined it here after the greentext: >>14941470

>> No.14942516

>>14942502

I'm not an Atheist, and I believe that there is objectively a better existential state, and that it's self evident. Nihilism is a mental disease just like sociopathy

>> No.14942518

>>14942503
>Morality isn't just arbitrary religious rules, it's an inherent guide towards a better state of existence for all life and existence
i agree with this but you cant find that in natural law. If you look at the world and cause and effect relations, you cant pull something like that out, only might is right.

>> No.14942521
File: 40 KB, 220x400, 1B7BDC94-CBC0-46EA-AE79-8D8FAB6F7958.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942521

>>14942502
>It means nothing to me, suffering is just a part of life.

>> No.14942530

>>14942507
>yes, I am
What makes you think you're entitled to just presuppose this and then use it as your ""refutation"" of Christianity?

>>I've roughly defined it here after the greentext
>*multiple* demiurges
>aeons
>samsara
>'strata'
>""quantum"" architecture
How is a hodgepodge of random religious terms thrown together a more coherent belief than Christianity? How do you know all of these terms even make sense and somehow describe reality?

>> No.14942560

>>14942516
What's "better" about it?
>>14942521
Kill yourself.

>> No.14942567

>>14941735
I watch this dude’s videos because he is bound to drop the Protestant nonsense and I’m interested to see whether he goes cath or ortho

>> No.14942580

>>14942530
What do you mean by refutation? I've only said why I find it highly improbable, I can't refute something which is defined as objective (metaphysical)
>How is a hodgepodge of random religious terms thrown together a more coherent belief than Christianity? How do you know all of these terms even make sense and somehow describe reality?
Multiple reasons: it doesn't include an obscure god-figure with convoluted plans or one that makes beings able to feel pain meant for use and consumption by humans, it doesn't have a cosmogony similar to virtually all of the major ancient religions (therefore not visibly a result of empirically defined archetypes), it has no rituals, no names, no symbols, it admits the lack of knowledge regarding metaphysical causation (when I ask 'Who created God' you say 'Dude God just IS eternally, that's his thing' while I provide no such assumption), it doesn't bash its head against the 'Free Will' wall as opposed to Christianity which cannot oppose the fact that they can't reconcile omnipotence with the creation of the world (a perfect world is perfect eternally, therefore there is no such thing as a world started perfect, i.e. before sin, that eventually goes bad; so God consciously and intentionally created a flawed world with flawed beings just to enjoy their torment?) and it could go on. Don't bother quoting brainlets such as Aquinas or Augustine on the matter of free will.

>> No.14942597

>>14942580
omnipotence and the supposedly benign character of God*

>> No.14942708

>>14940482
Eucharist is a ritual. But aren't there orthodox communities in remote parts of Russia that don't do the usual rites like Eucharist? If asia becomes christian, they too most likely will develop their own traditions and rituals.

>> No.14942944
File: 257 KB, 600x400, Pride-flags.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14942944

>>14940610
>church is both spiritual and historical
So was ancient Israel and Judea and look where they're at now.

>> No.14942965

>>14942032
deracinated nature of immigrant society, anglo-germanic autism, pragmatism, puritanical prudishness-obesession, protestantism, etc.

> “America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate”

>> No.14942992

>>14942560
>’Kill yourself.’, he typed.
>Then he pressed the post button.
>Then there was silence.
>He had done it.
>He had called someone a name.
>On the internet.
>Anonymously.

>> No.14943232

>>14942965
Who said that quote

>> No.14943256

>>14942965
>anglo-germanic autism
But the guy in that video is the opposite of autistic. He is an extreme normalfag.

>> No.14943277

>>14942944
Israel is neither historical nor spiritual.

>> No.14943281

>>14942461
A good one.

>> No.14943296

>>14942580
>God's convoluted plan
>stop being gay faggots and take of each other like siblings
OOOHHHH what cosmic mystery is this and why doesn't it talk about the joy that hentai brings me?
The universe is now a cold, lonely, uncaring place and suffering is great, but only if I'm not suffering.

>> No.14943303
File: 32 KB, 204x276, 1524659095609.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14943303

>>14942580
>Don't bother quoting brainlets such as Aquinas or Augustine on the matter of free will

>> No.14943343

>>14943277
Whatever you say, Abdul.

>> No.14943366

>>14943343
Cope, Isaac.

>> No.14943381

>>14942237
>You can believe in objective truth and morality without the need for believing in a magical book, or institution.

The fact that people on /lit/ will argue against this is evidence that they're just zoomers with compromised senses of their own masculinity who LARP as Christians out of a desperate need to feel like they've got the edge on "normies" and "Redditors". Literally no one who does real work in philosophy or theology worth caring about would defend the thesis that the truth value of moral statements is contingent upon the existence of a supreme being. And I'm sure you guys are just ready to pounce with your "basedboy" to try and shame me for thought crime.

>> No.14943411

>>14942280
>REVEALED tradition
Tradition is historical and imminent. It emerges and changes in time. It is purely Earthly. Revelation is transcendent. It's origins are divine and eternal. Of it's very essence it is not something that human beings could devise on their own, but must be given to humanity by a divine source. These are opposed concepts.

>> No.14943417

>>14943296
why did God create man
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
why did God show himself to people in the past, therefore giving them direct proof, but he doesn't show himself in the modern day? people would be quite influenced if they saw some live miracles
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
why doesn't the word of god elaborate on complex matters such as the nature of art and science and only mentions stuff as 'la di dah the great father is great. the best. basically the greatest" (as exciting as one of trump's speeches) for the 60 IQ masses?
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
how doesn't God's omniscience invalidate free will?
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
why doesn't God like some of the things he created (i.e. homosexuals)?
>UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
yes. convoluted. or stupid, to be more precise.

>> No.14943425

>>14939906
This is beautiful.

>> No.14943429
File: 128 KB, 531x800, 185872.b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14943429

what an awful thread, I just like all the saints and elders and wish the world would return to Christ

>> No.14943510

>>14943429

I'll become Orthodox when I can openly support leftism, anti racism, and veganism without being mauled alive by kekistani larpers

>> No.14943565

>>14943510
You can though. The Orthodox Church has no political or ethnic allegiance and we're practically quasi-vegan during Lent.

>> No.14943590

>>14943510
>openly support leftism, anti racism
Why though?

>> No.14943597

>>14943510
>leftism
Atheism you mean.
>anti racism
Hatred of whites.
>veganism
Soi-diet.

Wew, I'm sure they will love you.

>> No.14943632

>>14943590

I don't know, maybe I don't want to throw poor people and brown people under the bus, because we all know that's the pinnacle of being Christ like

>> No.14943638

>>14943597
Is there a line in the bible that makes it wrong for a black man and a white woman to be happily married :)?

>> No.14943645

>>14943411
Not even that anon but jesus christ you’re retarded

>> No.14943666

>>14943645
Thanks, I try.

>> No.14943676

>>14943632
Leftism doesn't help poor people.

>> No.14943703

>>14943676

Capitalism doesn't help poor people, nor does national socialism

>> No.14943757

>>14943703
The answer is monarchy and feudalism.

>> No.14943779

>>14942708
No? If they dont perform the Eucharist they are heretics.

>> No.14943863
File: 412 KB, 1552x2700, owH9ZAciB_stEw_3 - 1552 x 2700(24 tiles).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14943863

>>14943757
This.

https://youtu.be/xid2_oEP5ho

>> No.14944070

>>14943366
With what? Israel being the only mid east country worth a damn?

>> No.14944071

>>14943510
Orthodoxy refutes all of that garbage though. Is secular innovation and misguided nonsense really more important to you than the truth?

>> No.14944093

>>14944071

What would you do if a black guy wanted to join your church and he had a white wife? Would that make you uncomfortable?

>> No.14944099

>>14941848
>11 KB

>> No.14944101
File: 119 KB, 517x768, Superlative Laugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14944101

>>14944070
How could a shitty rogue terror state filled with smelly jews ever be worth a damn?

>> No.14944115

>>14944093
It's not my church, it's God's church. Anyone can join it, even blacks with white wives (though good luck finding non-atheistic ones fitting that description). I don't see how that's relevant to supporting the garbage you listed out there.

>> No.14944137

>>14944115

How can a church be pro racism, while simultaneously allowing non whites and interracial couples to join it? I'm just curious because Orthodoxy seems to attract a lot of white nationalists, and if it was God's church I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be inclusive towards everyone

>> No.14944144

>>14943417
>why did God create man
Do be the wards and caretakers of God' good world.
>why did God show himself to people in the past, therefore giving them direct proof, but he doesn't show himself in the modern day? people would be quite influenced if they saw some live miracles
To guided them away from evil and set a foundation for our redemption. In the modern day, we're save, Christ has won, there is no need for God to break the barrier and reveal himself when he can guide us through the Holy Spirit.
>why doesn't the word of god elaborate on complex matters such as the nature of art and science and only mentions stuff as 'la di dah the great father is great. the best. basically the greatest" (as exciting as one of trump's speeches) for the 60 IQ masses?
Wow you're an absolute cunt in life, aren't you? Nature and art are abstract. They come and go with culture and society that build themselves. The word of God deals with the spirit, which by being an objective matter, counts the same for a nation as for an individual alike. Set your spirit right, your art will be as beautiful as the Garden of Eden, the Arc of the Covenant or Solomon's Temple and your science will be as miraculous as Christ's healing.
>how doesn't God's omniscience invalidate free will?
Because presumption does not equal causation. Our free and its expression is like a baby playing with toys to God. We act upon it, God foresees our baby will, but guides us away from playing with fire into nurturing and growing our will closer to the will of God.
>why doesn't God like some of the things he created (i.e. homosexuals)?
God loves all, period. Homosexuality is a carnal instinct that leads you to being 2% of the population, but 60% of molesters, suicidals and just generally batshit crazy depressed faggotry. Reject your carnal urges, pray and they will eave you. Homos aren't anything special, everyone has their dark side, but most people don't pride themselves on being degenerates for being degenerate.
>yes. convoluted. or stupid, to be more precise.
Bith you literally started spewing random theological bile without context or connection. Your whole religious outlook is some reddit tier hinduism with too much assumption, not even assertion, and no substance to speak of.

>> No.14944154

>>14944101
By being the only place in the mid east where you can go on a vacation without fear of being blown up or put in jail for not wearing a towel on your head, holding hands with a girl?

>> No.14944169

>>14944137
If you don't let ten white men fuck your daughter in the ass you're a racist lol.

>> No.14944170

>>14944154

That's not even true, and I'm not denying that there aren't bad places in the middle east, but it's not all what fox news boomers make it out to be. Believe it or not most Muslims are people like you, and don't want to harm you.

>> No.14944176

>>14944170
I'm sure there are and God bless them. But by all account Israel, and I'm not even a huge fan of them, is still by far a better place to go to and live than literally any of the muslim 6th world shitholes.

>> No.14944182

>>14944169

How is an interracial couple the same as letting hordes of men sodomize your daughter? Where in the bible does it say that it's sinful for people of different nationalities to get married? Again I'm just curious how you guys claim to be the one true church, but if you're a nigger, spic, chink, or mutt you're not allowed to be a part of the one true church, or if you are you're not allowed to marry any white Orthodox girls

>> No.14944184

>>14944170
>Believe it or not most Muslims are people like you, and don't want to harm you.
If they don't want to harm jews then they are not faithful muslims, nor good brothers to the palestinian people.
>>14944176
You know nothing, longnose.

>> No.14944187

>>14944137
>pro racism
Stop thinking in retarded dualities like being "rightist" or "leftist", as if those are somehow the only two positions one could hold merely because your modernist view of the world tries to fit everything into them.
>I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be inclusive towards everyone
It's inclusive towards anyone who wants to join Christ's church, it's as simple as that. You seem to forget that there are Orthodox churches in Africa with black and Arab parishes.

>> No.14944267

>>14943676
>>14943703
>>14943757
Nothing helps poor people, they will always be poor.

>> No.14944287

>>14944184
Whatever you say, goat charmer.

>> No.14944316

>>14944144
>incoherent blabber
expected
>Your whole religious outlook is some reddit tier hinduism with too much assumption, not even assertion, and no substance to speak of.
how would you know my religious outlook nigger?

>> No.14944365

>>14944182
>or if you are you're not allowed to marry any white Orthodox girls
That's for the father to decide. There's nothing wrong with a person not wanting to marry his daughter off to black people, you degenerate.

>> No.14944393
File: 273 KB, 924x876, 1563658766567.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14944393

>>14944182
Why are americans so obsessed with interracial marriage? Seems like a very common theme in threads infested by anglos...

>> No.14944418

>>14944316
>how would you know my religious outlook nigger?
Because anything non-christian is basically reddit tier hinduism with stuff added or removed.

>> No.14944438

>>14944365

Orthodox only allow arranged marriages?

>>14944393

Have you ever thought that it has to do with the fact that America is demographically diverse? For the vast majority of American's, interracial relationships are normal and not viewed as some evil sinful practice. My point is that if someone was not white, and joined a religion that comprised mostly of white's he would be expected to be celibate? Is this what alt right Orthodox larpers are advocating for?

>> No.14944457
File: 1.41 MB, 1200x493, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14944457

>>14938759

>> No.14944467

>>14938681
We're vegan for about half of the year, and monks all year round so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>> No.14944490

>>14944457
Holy based...

>> No.14944506

>>14938513
You don't sound like an expert on paganism.

>> No.14944584

>>14939914
Brother Nathaniel is such an obvious kook lmao

>> No.14944866

>>14944144
>everyone has their dark side
You can be homosexual and have a healthy monogamous relationship. Are you against all experiences of sexuality or just forms besides monogamous heterosexuality? What you've said really only pertains promiscuous individuals be they homosexual or heterosexual.

>> No.14944871

>>14944457
based, fuck kikes

>> No.14944945

>>14944584
He's also a Jew.

>> No.14944954

>>14944945

So was Christ..

>> No.14945025

>>14944954
That's a big reason I don't worship him of Yhwh. Also the fact that the resurrection simply didn't happen and that Jesus is not god. Pretty simple really.

>> No.14945045

>>14945025

I assumed you were larping as a Christian, so fair enough

>> No.14945061

>>14945045
no I'm a larping platonist instead. mind that reddit spacing, folks around here will chastise you for it.

>> No.14945067

>>14945025
And what's all of this "died for our sins" business? How does his death change our sinfulness and why do we still have original sin? That makes no sense. The whole crucifixion, the fulcrum of the entire Christian faith, makes no sense to me.

>> No.14945078

>>14945067
btw believe it or burn in hell for all eternity.

>> No.14945240
File: 28 KB, 429x441, black wolf with blue eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14945240

So Eastern Orthodox people believe when they are eating the bread and the wine that it is actually LITERALLY the flesh and blood of Jesus? Does it still taste like normal bread and wine?

>> No.14945274
File: 119 KB, 1080x1246, 1583007362768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14945274

>>14945240
>is actually LITERALLY the flesh and blood of Jesus
Yes.

>> No.14945280

>>14941735
That ortho priest seems like a cool guy and way more interesting than the bald protestant fag.

>> No.14945299

>>14945274
Do you shit out the digested flesh of Christ?

>> No.14945315

>>14945299

I know this might seem like a joke, but medieval scholastics refuted this

>> No.14945342
File: 531 KB, 1999x1333, arctic wolf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14945342

Are there any good Eastern Orthodox Christian movies?

>> No.14945357

>>14945342

Andrei Rublev is pretty kino

>> No.14945410
File: 143 KB, 640x817, 1573936801175-0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14945410

>> No.14945444
File: 67 KB, 850x400, 712.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14945444

post based orthodox quotes

>> No.14945533

>>14945410
Based.
Science worshippers retroactively refuted.

>> No.14945551

>>14945444
>>14945533
checked & based

>> No.14945560

>>14938455
>creepy and Satanic
all use christian symbols and motifs. they have none of their own. so, no, they're not creepy or satanic, they're christian.

>> No.14945566

>>14940510
>veganism would be largely unheard of
No it wasn't you fucking retard. And calling something flawed because it doesn't cater to your materialistic nonsensical modern ideology is pathetically silly.

>> No.14945586

>>14938444
The skull depicted beneath the cross is the skull of Adam, who was supposedly buried under Cavalry. God thought it would be a funny prank if his only begotten son died on top of the remains of the first man.

>> No.14945628

>>14945586
>Cavalry

lol

>> No.14946389
File: 198 KB, 1280x960, latin-mass-incense[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14946389

>>14938918
If it makes you feel better you're also much uglier than the Catholic Church too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV8ge-qi0l0

Come back to beauty, friend

>> No.14946453
File: 296 KB, 600x900, 1509813032043.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14946453

>>14939095
Nah, and ignore the Sedelarp.

>> No.14946676

>>14939906
This song is brilliant. I'm Orthodox but Orthodox Christians (especially converts from protestantism) who immediately reject any western expression or tradition of Christianity are stupid. There are irreconcilable differences between our theology, but that which may be reconciled ought to be in my opinion. The idea that a slightly different kind of singing (which is still well within the bounds of what is liturgically acceptable, in terms of style, not lyrical content) is something worth getting into a competition over is absurd.

Here is some vaguely American sounding Orthodox chants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1DfyX4tXqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9q23prO3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HS9ZHfvmLM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIOnGFc2F8A

>> No.14946719

>>14944866
>You can be homosexual and have a healthy monogamous relationship
No you can't. Statistics are overwhelmingly against it, not to mention they cause more damage to society as a whole.
>Are you against all experiences of sexuality
Yes. Get a grip on your dick or it'll grip you.
>What you've said really only pertains promiscuous individuals be they homosexual or heterosexual.
That's the point. Literally all homosexuals, the "normal" seeming one, are still more promiscuous who have suffered child abuse or some other bullshit that traumatized them. Sure there the occasional "this gay's alright" types, but I tell you, if they would stop being gay, and you can stop being gay, they'd be even better people.

>> No.14946731

>>14942708
The priestless Old Ritualists are the ones who believe that, because none of the Russian Bishops went into schism with them, that there can no longer be valid ordinations, and therefore no valid mysteries (apart from baptism which can be done by laity). Because of this they don't have confession, Holy Communion, ordination, unction sacramental marriage, or chrismation. Most of the Old Ritualists retain all the mysteries because over the decades they managed to get some Serbian and Romanian bishops to join them.

>> No.14946733

>>14938681

Modern day animal agriculture industry is so far removed from how they would have farmed meat in the past

>> No.14946796
File: 100 KB, 647x421, mospatbasis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14946796

>>14943638
No but there are lines which support 'nationalism' (obviously not nation-state nationalism of 19/20th century Europe but ethnic territory)

>God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us.

The boundaries of the nations (ethnoi) are appointed by God for the sake of their salvation, that they should seek the Lord.

The people who get autistic over a single mixed race couple are being stupid but the idea that a given area should be preserved in it's ethnic composition is entirely biblical. The loss of one's ethnic homeland is also a biblical punishment by God though. Just as the Israelites were driven into Babylon for their idolatry and later the Romans destroyed the temple and drove the Jews into all corners of the Empire for their final rejection of Christ, so a completely godless and degenerate Europe may well be given over to foreigners as punishment and chastisement for centuries of rebellion. This doesn't mean that Orthodox Christians aren't obligated to continue to fight for their homeland and their ethnic survival, on the contrary St. Paul says
>if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
If our church, family and nation's survival depend on us providing safety and security, we have to provide it. In Europe where there is great ethnic replacement which will inevitably harm our Church, our househould and our nation, we are obligated to resist that change. The way we resist it thought is twofold. First, we must discipline ourselves and practice asceticism, prayer and fasting. Increasing the virtue of our people so that they are more deserving of existence. And only secondly do we engage in political action, appeals to the governing powers and lastly, God forbid, violence.

>I see the true destiny of our people as lying not in time but in eternity. Political achievements, culture, struggles and national greatness are means, not ends in themselves. The ultimate goal is not life but resurrection

>> No.14946820

>>14944438
>My point is that if someone was not white, and joined a religion that comprised mostly of white's he would be expected to be celibate? Is this what alt right Orthodox larpers are advocating for?
no that's retarded lol. Most Orthodox people tend to favour marrying more or less withing their own race, just like the majority of the world's population does. A marriage between two people of different races is no less valid or pleasing to God, most of the world's population is capable of seeing that if marriages of this kind become too common it leads to difficulties and conflicts. In a country which is 99% ethnically homogeneous, an interracial relatoinship is a curiosity, in an ethnically diverse country with many mixed marriages, it causes even more division and strife and therefore people generally don't do it.

>> No.14946853

>>14946796
>>14946820
This anon is alright.

>> No.14947943

>>14946853
this anon's alright, you can skip church tomorrow...

>> No.14948189 [DELETED] 

>>14938455
you're just a pussy faggot.

>> No.14948196 [DELETED] 

>>14938455
You're just weak and cowardly.

>> No.14948230

>>14938455
you're just cowardly and effeminate

>> No.14948665
File: 189 KB, 1280x817, 78AAE0C5-CAF4-4735-A446-C4445E688D9C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14948665

since black metal has eastern orthodox, whats the next fusion? vedic triphop?

>> No.14948690

>>14948665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ap3sIaLNYM

>> No.14948751

>>14944438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FneNd9UvC_g

>> No.14948759

>>14943510
>veganism
Orhtodox Christians are vegan for 2/3rds of the year.

>> No.14948766

>>14943510
I would call you subversive but Negroes are totally impotent, if you were a Jew i'd be worried you had male intent but a whiny negro with a White wife is harmless

>> No.14948780

>>14946820
>in an ethnically diverse country with many mixed marriages, it causes even more division and strife and therefore people generally don't do it.

That's not even true, mixed marriages are more accepted in America than elsewhere and saying that it leads to division is a baseless stretch. You dont want to admit that Orthodoxy is just a larp for a lot of people, they're more concerned with preserving an ethnic bubble for their own kind, even Catholic and Evangelical churches are more integrated and accommodating with America's demographics. If you were Black, Hispanic, or Asian, Orthodoxy would probably not be your first choice assuming you wanted to get married to someone who shares your faith. Outsiders see you guys as stand offish ethnic based, they don't see Orthodoxy as the church that Christ established for the world

>> No.14948784

>>14948759
Why are they vegan

>> No.14948794

>>14948784
asceticism

>> No.14948828

>>14946389
Cringe.

>> No.14948859
File: 50 KB, 600x800, 1585153477081.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14948859

>>14948780
t. anglo bugman obsessed with diversity and race

>> No.14948877

>>14948859
>In a country which is 99% ethnically homogeneous, an interracial relatoinship is a curiosity, in an ethnically diverse country with many mixed marriages, it causes even more division and strife and therefore people generally don't do it.
come again? who is the one obsessed with race

>> No.14948898

>>14948859

>claims to be the one true church
>doesn't even integrate with the people of the country they're inhabiting

Orthodoxy is a larp, and the fact that it attracts white supremacists is very telling. If you're an atheist who wants to preserve the race, it makes sense but dont call yourself Christian.

>> No.14948906

>>14948877
>99% ethnically homogeneous
People in such communities aren't obsessed about discussing blacks marrying interracially (unlike you disgusting anglos). It simply isn't an issue there.

>> No.14948911

>>14948780
Well orthodoxy is conserved with the truth more than your preseptions of it. And than God for that if orthodoxy submited to people like you we would become some scum like the protestants

>> No.14948914
File: 132 KB, 656x751, 1582219248314.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14948914

>>14948898
>Orthodoxy is a larp, and the fact that it attracts white supremacists is very telling. If you're an atheist who wants to preserve the race, it makes sense but dont call yourself Christian.

>> No.14948918

>>14948898
The country needs to integrate into orthodoxy not the other way around brainlet.

>> No.14948919

>>14942160
That was was pretty Epic. It certainly shows why we Christians believe in a fall from heaven. It might be a hard lesson but being immortal and seeing how the opposite is, life is far better than death. Evil consumes itself but God gives us life Everlasting. the only hope is that there is a reality that far transcends this one that we are in. And if not then not existing is a good second option.

>> No.14948940

>>14941718
*smacks lips* ayo shut yo honkey ass up, nigga

>> No.14948943

>>14948780
>mixed marriages are more accepted in America than elsewhere and saying that it leads to division is a baseless stretch
America is one of the most diverse countries on earth, has the greatest equality between the races (favoring the minority if anything), and yet still has immense ethnic enmity and hatred. Every issue in America be it political, social, religious, all of it is always racialized. This is a necessary product of multiculturalism and completely against Orthodox teachings. Dividing the nations into their own territory (as God did) is the best solution for inter-ethnic hatred and conflict.
>You dont want to admit that Orthodoxy is just a larp for a lot of people
There is a very small minority of larpers who get into Orthodoxy for politics, within a year almost all of them have either left when they couldn't stop being autistic and pissing people off or they mellowed their views to be in accordance with Orthodox Tradition.
>they're more concerned with preserving an ethnic bubble for their own kind
Greek boomers and Ukrainians are the only people I've see in my country who do this. Everyone else is happy to have others come to their churches.
>even Catholic and Evangelical churches are more integrated and accommodating with America's demographics.
Firstly, I couldn't care less what 'evangelicals' do. Secondly, The Church's job is to provide spiritual guidance, access to the holy mysteries and community to the faithful, the Churches job is not to play catch up to neo-liberal worship of diversity and make accommodations to increased diversity. As long as the Church allows all sincere people to become Orthodox and all Faithful Orthodox to participate in the Mysteries and in Church community, it is doing it's job. The Church isn't supposed to subvert a countries borders and promote multiculturalism.
>If you were Black, Hispanic, or Asian, Orthodoxy would probably not be your first choice assuming you wanted to get married to someone who shares your faith.
I'm a convert from a non-traditional Orthodox race who doesn't want to marry a Greek or a Russian. I will in all likelihood have to convert a future wife. If you put marriage prospects above the search for the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church though, you're here for the wrong reasons anyway.
>Outsiders see you guys as stand offish ethnic based
It's unfortunate that outsiders see us that way but that is largely the responsibility of the Old World immigrants who brought it out of Europe/M.East. My parish is probably half convert at this point and growing every month.
>they don't see Orthodoxy as the church that Christ established for the world
Myself, a convert and the other 50% of my parish, converts disagree with that.

>> No.14948947

>>14948918

Unless you aren't Greek, Slavic, or white for that matter, then the message is stay out and don't get near our women.

>> No.14948951

>>14948914
if there was a need for even ONE MORE reason to not believe in the christian G*d, is that he created the concept of soijack and decided that it was good enough for his """""perfect""""" world

>> No.14948958

>>14948914

Why cant you just be honest about your motives without posting wojak cringe?

>> No.14948964

>>14948943
would you allow your daughter to marry a black guy provided it wasn't common in your community and would simply be seen as a inoffensive "curiosity"

>> No.14948972
File: 52 KB, 640x640, 1585154529317.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14948972

>>14948947
>NOOO EVERY BLACK HAS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO A WHITE BRIDE!! YOU CANT JUST DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THAT!!

>> No.14948988

>>14948906
refer to >>14948964

>> No.14948992

>>14948972

Why does it bother you so much? This is all hypothetical if I were to join the church. Why is it wrong for a man to want to marry someone who shares his faith considering that the faith is predominantly white? This isn't even uncommon in Catholic or evangelical churches

>> No.14948998

>>14948972
>>NOOO EVERY BLACK HAS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO A WHITE BRIDE!! YOU CANT JUST DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THAT!!
basically, yeah. I don't remember there being a miscegenation commandment

>> No.14949001

The Flesh makes division. God wants us to go as near him as we can. To want to remain in inferior laws and rules for sinful Souls and to think that we must forever stay in them is to deny the Holy Spirit. Do not quench the spirit. Just because some humans can only love their own race does not mean we are to be as they are. Just because we are biologically disposed to favor our own race does not mean that our Spirits should submit to our flesh.

>> No.14949005

>>14948877
I didn't post that meme.

>>14948898
>Orthodoxy is a larp, and the fact that it attracts white supremacists is very telling.
The fact that every other serious Christian church attracts faggots, liberals, and women who want to be priests is more telling.
> If you're an atheist who wants to preserve the race, it makes sense but dont call yourself Christian.
Tell that to the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church

>Christian patriotism may be expressed at the same time with regard to a nation as an ethnic community and as a community of its citizens. The Orthodox Christian is called to love his fatherland, which has a territorial dimension, and his brothers by blood who live everywhere in the world. This love is one of the ways of fulfilling God’s commandment of love to one’s neighbour which includes love to one’s family, fellow-tribesmen and fellow-citizens.

>>14948964
If I had multiple children and my race wasn't in decline both numerically and as a percentage of the population, probably as long as he wasn't a dickhead. Given the fact that my race is slowly becoming a minority in our own homeland, no I wouldn't. A people without a homeland who are becoming an increasingly small minority are going to be persecuted and as St. Paul says, we have to provide for our household, lest we be worse than infidels.

>> No.14949028

>>14949005
Our homeland is in heaven. Do you want another king over you? Another Ivan the Terrible perhaps?

>> No.14949030

>>14949005

What's stopping you or any white person from having a multitude of kids? Whites aren't in decline because of spooky miscegenation

>> No.14949039

>>14948947
t.cluless about all the orthodox churches even
At least lean a bit before posting. And I'm sure if Trump wanted to make America orthodox we woude get an ecumenical counsel and you can have an orthodox church of amerika whit your own patriarch

>> No.14949046

>>14949005
>Given the fact that my race is slowly becoming a minority in our own homeland, no I wouldn't. A people without a homeland who are becoming an increasingly small minority are going to be persecuted and as St. Paul says
so convenient that you can spin it round and about and do some mental gymnastics for it to be in favor of your white supremacist bias hahahahahaha. let me guess, you also believe that jesus was not a jew (like the ones you see today) and he is in fact part of some lost ancient race like the greeks.
why the fuck you would even call yourself a christian. you would NEVER become a monk and portray your infinite love for god that way, you're just adopting it because it gives you some ideology to lean one while maintaining your racist biases.

>> No.14949087

>>14949001
>For that which He has not assumed He has not healed; but that which is united to His Godhead is also saved.
Christ assumed complete humanity from his Holy Mother the Theotokos. Part of that humanity which Christ assumed was nationality. There is a sense in which Christ as the New Adam is the Universal Man but that universality does not detract from his specific nationality, that of being a Hebrew. Christ was born to a Hebrew mother, circumcised on the 8th day according to Hebrew custom, raised in a law-abiding Hebrew household, 'taught' from childhood the Hebrew scriptures and gave the message of salvation first, to the Jews, for salvation is of the Jews. How can you then say that this part of Christ's humanity which was entirely united to His Godhead, which was crucified, resurrected and deified is just a fleshly distraction? Sounds very gnostic

>>14949028
>The holy righteous John of Kronstadt wrote this about love of one’s earthly homeland: «Love the earthly homeland… it has raised, distinguished, honoured and equipped you with everything; but have special love for the heavenly homeland… that homeland is incomparably more precious that this one, because it is holy, righteous and incorruptible. The priceless blood of the Son of God has earned that homeland for you. But in order to be members of that homeland, you should respect and love its laws, just as you are obliged to respect and really respect the laws of the earthly homeland»
Again from the Russian Orthodox Churches official statements. The Nation is just like a family, it is a natural, God-instituted construct which works for the betterment of society and all our salvation. Do you oppose families because we have a Heavenly Father? Or do you realize that honoring and loving an earthly biological father does not detract from our honour and love of our Heavenly Father but rather the former is a way of making the latter known? In the same way protecting and honouring our earthly nation does not compromise our allegiance to the Homeland of our Heart's Desire but rather shows that we are good stewards to the inheritance God has given to us for this time on Earth.

>>14949046
You can see the first paragraph to see that I don't believe in 'Aryan Jesus' because 'Aryan Jesus' is totally anathema to the Orthodox Tradition, whereas nationalism and love for one people, and a desire to protect them is entirely compatible and normative for the Orthodox Tradition

>> No.14949090

>>14949046
>why the fuck you would even call yourself a christian.
because he... believes in Christ and his Church?
i know that's hard to believe for an atheistic protestantized Anglo, but there are Christians who do not hate their own race and (justifiably) do not see anything wrong in conserving its existence.

>> No.14949092

>>14949046
Jessica is God dumbass.

>> No.14949126

>>14949087
>>14949090
so what really differentiates you from a non-believer? you shit, piss, eat, eat and drink like the rest of them. you have non-reproductive sex (i.e. just for pleasure / hedonism; presumably so as you might be incels), you gain earthly riches (i doubt any one of you will leave your warm home to spread the faith; could you imagine yourself being like the jesuit priests? you would flee from the pain immediately. 'Quo vadis?' hahahahahaha), and so on.
all words but no act.

>> No.14949140

>>14949126
Believer and differentiated from non-believers by faith in God and hopefully, by virtuous Christian works.No Orthodox Christian would claim that we are perfect or sinless, only that the Faith we have received is perfect. Not sure what you're getting at with jesuit priests/non-reproductive sex etc.

>> No.14949144

>>14949126
>so what really differentiates you from a non-believer?
that i am a believer trying to follow Christ as best as i can.
>you have non-reproductive sex
i don't believe in sex outside of marriage and i'm not married yet.
>could you imagine yourself being like the jesuit priests?
no, i am heterosexual.

>> No.14949165

>>14949140
>by virtuous Christian works.
name of of those that you have done that also required a substantial decrease in your comfort. you can't. all your deeds are done in your favor. you associate them with christianity because you're stupid. I'm saying you would take a huge shit on the cross if you were to be even slightly tortured.

>> No.14949170
File: 519 KB, 762x647, 1481563595693.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
14949170

>>14949126
>so what really differentiates a Christian from a non-Christian?

>> No.14949174

>>14949165
> I'm saying you would take a huge shit on the cross if you were to be even slightly tortured.
as in: get tortured and if you take a shit on the cross the torture stops, otherwise it goes on.

>> No.14949181

>>14949170
besides the fucking belief itself dumb ass, as I'm implying in the next phrase

>> No.14949185

>>14949087
I think that one can have a pure heart and trying to preserve their race but I think that you are foolish IF you think you get to control your daughter so much as to decide for her who she loves. A nation is more than its government and laws which can often be against God. Berdvaev loves Russia too. Oh I'm so happy they didn't straight-up murder him so that I could read his books.

>> No.14949201

>>14941414
Fucking retarded, nothing more to say.

>> No.14949207

>>14949092

His incarnation into a body is a big part of Christianity, him being Jewish is not something to be brushed aside

>> No.14949246

>>14949185
>I think that one can have a pure heart and trying to preserve their race
I'm glad you think so. Obviously my views are not acceptable to most people in current anglosphere world so it's nice when people can disagree with you without thinking you're evil or want to harm people of other races. I genuinely appreciate it desu.
>I think that you are foolish IF you think you get to control your daughter so much as to decide for her who she loves
In the modern world, of course. You have as much control over your daughter as she gives you but in the ideal Christian family the daughter would obey her father. To quote Wisdom of Sirach "Do you have daughters? Watch carefully over their chastity and do not be too easy on them. Give a daughter in marriage and you will have completed a great work; but give her to a man of understanding"
>A nation is more than its government and laws which can often be against God.
I agree. The nation persists between changes in law and government. The Israelites for example were God's chosen people, to whom He gave the law and the prophets and the promises, from whom He chose to take His flesh from. Yet now they are estranged from Him. I sincerely hope my people who have been Christians for 1500 years but are now rejecting Him change our ways and become Christians again, or else we too will be estranged from God.
>Berdvaev loves Russia too. Oh I'm so happy they didn't straight-up murder him so that I could read his books.
I've been meaning to read some Berdyaev but was a bit hesitant due to the condemnation of his sophiologist views. When I get some corona bucks in a week I might get a book of his. Any recommendations?

>> No.14949291

>>14941867
Animals don't have souls, there is nothing wrong with killing and eating them.
The meat industry's mass-produced animal cruelty is a different issue, and as posters above have said, there's no dissonance between being anti meat-farms and not being vegan/vegetarian.

>> No.14949335

>>14942278
Being a middleschooler I used to think the view that atheists were amoral was retarded.
Now that I am an adult and have studied religions, read scriptures, dabbled in philosophy, I finally see that it is true. Even if an atheist is a nice person, they are objectively not functioning off of morals, they are only functioning via complex self-interest axioms. It is impossible to be truly altruistic without belief in the metaphysical. Anything that seems altruistic for the atheist is, at best, motivated by the desire for societal reciprocity and stability, which both benefit him as an individual.

>> No.14949378

>>14942351
>The thing is that nobody has a right to inflict harm upon another person without their consent
According to what objective authority though? You're applying the thoughts of the majority to everyone, which is exactly NOT what objectivity is. If that is the axiom which proves your idea of morality, then it is also true that the Qu'ran is the objective truth regarding metaphysics, as it is the most popular religion.
Your mode of thinking also does not account for shifts in the overton window. According to you, historically, there have times when it is objectively true that the earth is flat.

Truth is inherently metaphysical and exists outside of the proclamations made by subjective human interpretations. You have not ontologically shown why it is objectively wrong to harm others, only appealed to popularity, which was an issue which popped up in the Catholic Church for the better part of 1000 years and gave them the identity you criticize so much.

>> No.14949404

>>14942465
Anything seems stupid when you put forth 0 effort to understand it. Unironically read the Bible, your questions are answered almost immediately.

>> No.14949443

>>14942580
lmfao

>> No.14949560

>>14949335

You brainwashed yourself congrats

>> No.14949599

>>14949378

>You have not ontologically shown why it is objectively wrong to harm others, only appealed to popularity

The existential condition of humanity yearns for and thrives under peace, cooperation, and love opposed to mindless perpetual warfare. Even your own religion claims that "the law" is intuitively understood by humans. It's self evident that peace is preferable to conflict, that health is preferable to suffering.

>> No.14949842

>>14949599
>It's self evident that peace is preferable to conflict, that health is preferable to suffering.

Atheists can't appeal to self evident truths. You have no basis for a self, evidence, or truth.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action