[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 404 KB, 1024x652, gettyimages-2658496-1024x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14897072 No.14897072 [Reply] [Original]

>pursue higher knowledge
>abandon material & social pursuits
>become isolated
>lose touch with reality
>find relief solely in egoism and solipsism
Why does this shit keep happening? I just wanted to study philosophy.

>> No.14897083

Because you're a retard and can't think clearly. You obviously are not interested in knowledge for itself. You're using it as a cope.
Go outside. Get a gf. Live a little.
Maybe in time you'll grow up and actually begin to see the value in wisdom, as well as the wisdom to separate junk philosophy (most of philosophers in history) from actual insights.

>> No.14897093

>>14897083
is there anything wrong with using it as a cope apart from it hurting you as a byproduct, driving you to make posts like this?

>> No.14897096

>>14897072
i doubt you're spending all your time studying or 'doing' philosophy. sounds like a cope as >>14897083 said

>> No.14897099
File: 65 KB, 1280x720, 1402799095227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14897083
Shut up there is absolutely nothing wrong with escapism

>> No.14897106

Sounds like you're a pussy. I dont even want to offend you but you just have the nature of a pathetic little bitch, i suggest you ask mommy to read you bedtime stories and wrap you in a blanket, i reiterate, no offense.

>> No.14897118

>>14897072
>lose touch with reality
>find relief solely in egoism and solipsism
this is good. keep going

>> No.14897127

This happens to me but once I start to lose touch with reality, that’s when I know I’m getting close.

>> No.14897157

>>14897083
This. I've started with the Grecs and I think it will end with the Greks for me. What of value has really been added after Aristotle? This, of course leaving out important commentators, people who expanded on details, synthesised etc.

>> No.14897165

>>14897157
More like, what of value has Aristotle added?

>> No.14897202

>>14897072
99% of men live to compete for women' attention, irrespective of the moral behavior fo those women.
Women give meaning to men'lives. men seek to be valued by women at all cost.
women will always see their children as a non-source fo knowledge, because mothers NEED to see their kids as needing mothers, because kids are the only thing which give a meaning to the life of women, because before having kids,l a woman is just a woman who sleeps around and women really hate to see themselves as sluts. Women can only live if they keep infantilizing their kids, otherwise they just get depressed and fall back to casual sex, which they do post wall with boomer orgies [geezers have high amount of STDs] in their retirement coomunities.

All those men are cuckold sooner or later. As soon as a man values a woman, he will be cuckold. SOciety is based on men being disposable and replaceable by women ruling men. A woman has no problem replacing a lover, a husband or a father, especially when she does it ''for the kids'', as opposed to doing it for ''her'', which would be selfish from their POV.

1% of men try to find something else to value
99% of this 1% go crazy in the woods becoming hermits and failing hard

the 1% of the 1% get good at meditation

99% of those 1% of 1% confuse meditation with enlightenment

so 1% of 1% of 1% of men actually stop being coomers.

>> No.14897207

>>14897202
I've come to the conclusion that it's irrational to be attracted to women outside of the utilitarian purpose of reproduction. That is, have sex with one if you specifically want to have a child, but anything beyond that is irrational because women are inferior beings. A man is more deserving of your actual romantic affection. A man can be loyal, honorable, courageous, noble; he can produce great works; he is someone with whom you can have genuine camaraderie and emotional sympathy. Women can do none of this, and their only advantage is their sexual appeal, the base appeal of their pussy to your reproductive instinct. Don't let yourself be controlled by this. Men should be homosexual outside of strict reproductive purposes.

>> No.14897386

>>14897083
This
Have sex

>> No.14897441

>>14897072
>abandon material & social pursuits
This is a sin.
Read Republic, Plotinus On Virtue, and Damascius Life of Isidore and his Phaedo.

>> No.14897483

>>14897202
>>14897207

All right. I agree with the vast majority of this, and I'm fairly certain I'm on the road to being the 1% of the 1% of the 1%. I'm definitely the 1% of the 1%, time will tell if I confuse meditation with enlightenment (I don't think I will, I have the proper knowledge to avoid it.)

But saying men should be homosexual is a mistake. It actually poisons real male friendship and bonding. Men should be asexual outside of reproductive purposes. This is attainable as soon as you are in the 1% of the 1%.

>> No.14897496
File: 11 KB, 244x295, downloadfile-18.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14897441
>>14897072
“It is the duty of us, the founders, then,” said I, “to compel the best natures to attain the knowledge which we pronounced the greatest, and to win to the vision of the Good, to scale that ascent, and when they have reached the heights and taken an adequate view, we must not allow what is now permitted.” “What is that?”
“That they should linger there,” I said, “and refuse to go down again among those bondsmen and share their labors and honors, whether they are of less or of greater worth.”
“Do you mean to say that we must do them this wrong, and compel them to live an inferior life when the better is in their power?”
“You have again forgotten, my friend,” said I, “that the law is not concerned with the special happiness of any class in the state, but is trying to produce this condition in the city as a whole, harmonizing and adapting the citizens to one another by persuasion and compulsion, and requiring them to impart to one another any benefit which they are severally able to bestow upon the community, and that it itself creates such men in the state, not that it may allow each to take what course pleases him, but with a view to using them for the binding together of the commonwealth.” “True,” he said, “I did forget it.”
“Observe, then, Glaucon,” said I, “that we shall not be wronging, either, the philosophers who arise among us, but that we can justify our action when we constrain them to take charge of the other citizens and be their guardians.

>> No.14897511
File: 109 KB, 425x300, proclus.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14897496
If one would ever behold the light of God, and stand there gazing forever, one would never become more than vision. To be the light itself, become the good, one must willingly return from on high for the salvation of all men. To be a light in the world, is to be the light of the world.

>> No.14897569

>>14897207
>Men should be homosexual outside of strict reproductive purposes.
the greeks already figured it out ages ago, and it is not done like that; they struck the perfect balance and that allowed them to flourish. commiting to either end of the spectrum isn't conductive to much growth.