[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 568x525, Thinking retard pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14867705 No.14867705[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

And if I correctly apply this to the phenomena of life to a generative, then there must surely be nothing wrong with it? A surely counter for the mundanity of everyday life. I am lovelier to those that love because my fantasy's are the greatest possible extension of that, and I am meaner to those that are mean because my fantasy's are the greatest possible extension of that. The creative principle finds its relation in everyday life, and man is birthed anew. So why not? Life is better this way, only in important circumstance is it better than imagination, in that time there is no difference between the value of it and imagination so it prompts no dreaming. So why not?

Books for this?

>> No.14867711

Critque of pure reason.

>> No.14867715

>>14867711
Really?

>> No.14867723
File: 2.59 MB, 800x450, 1581459008037.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A DREAM OF CITYPOP!

OOHHHH MIDNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT PRETEND'RS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.14867766
File: 39 KB, 317x499, 51Wm3XOqDWL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I agree. You should transcend life with a gilding of imagination. It's not as if we're 5th century peasants; we're endlessly inundated with a variety of fictions; it seems rather ideal to choose one's own instead. I love you, fren. Enjoy.

>> No.14867860

>>14867766
Woah there easy buddy, I never said anything about transcending life, I'm trying to avoid modern decadence and not fall into it.

Also Life is Beautiful is "okay".

>> No.14867869

>>14867766
But thank you anon, I can see you are a fellow dreamer.

Live well!

>> No.14867902

Coetzee's fictional memoirs

>> No.14867912
File: 11 KB, 225x225, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14867705
I support you, anon.

Let me tell you a parable: remember when you were a child, leaving the drugstore you'd approach a monolithic gleaming glass cube, perfectly polished, glinting with fruit candies? Perfectly round oranges, lacquered red apples, blindingly yellow banana the colour of sunlight? Those bananas, when you ate them, didn't taste like a fresh banana. They were sweeter, more aromatic than a 'real' banana. The reason your bruised, mealy lunchbox banana didn't taste like those is because fake banana flavour was created long ago from a more original, a wilder variant of banana. Your bland bananas are the result of mass produced, industrial farming techniques. To even know what a banana is supposed to taste like we return to the forgotten fragrance captured in the yellow amber of the banana candy. To even have a real experience of a banana you have to resort to the simulation. This is modern life.

This may sound like a myth, but the BBC looked into it an concluded, "So perhaps there is some truth in the banana flavouring whodunnit after all. Once upon a time, banana flavourings really did taste more like the real thing."

Unfortunately we have no synthetic memories preserved of the past... except in art itself. So inhale deeply and dream on what life could be instead of what it really isn't.

>> No.14868179

because fiction imitates fantasy, not the other way around. Anything in your fantasies you could have irl.