[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 69 KB, 680x960, 33094420_172064613459210_1585050181575901184_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14715357 No.14715357 [Reply] [Original]

Fuck you, /lit/. Ever since my Nazi friend has come across Nick Land, he has gotten less racist and less fascist, but he's also gotten way more annoying. Rambling on for hours and hours about sentient capital and time travelling AI dystopias. He even incorporated Ligotti's pessimism as evolution being another one of these demiurge Lovecraftian creatures.

You turned him schizo. You somehow made him even more annoying to talk to. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.

In this thread post literature that debunks accelerationism, so I can have my retarded friend back.

>> No.14715370

No belief is ever debunked, just talked past by in a persuasive individual. Find the weak points in his thinking and overmine his beliefs with them.

>> No.14715382

All the worlds most smartest minds have tried to debunk accelerationism and none have succeeded. Even the likes of Alan Musk is an accelerationist.

>> No.14715390

Not about accelerationism per say (Nick Land is based, you cretin), but have him read Camus' play The Just Assassins. It has a pretty good treatment about how it's easy to fall in with the first ideology that is ever persuasively explained to you when you're young, whether anarchism, fascism, etc.

>> No.14715391

>>14715357
lol critical tools in the hands or normie brainlets
itd be funnier if there werent so goddamn many of them and they can vote

>> No.14715398
File: 65 KB, 549x549, _104618076_kant1791getty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14715357
Literally all you need. Retroactively and preemptively debunks all dogmatic philosophies.

>> No.14715403

By making this thread, we're participating in accelerationist praxis

>> No.14715418

>>14715357
>literature that debunks accelerationism
simply impossible

>> No.14716777

>>14715398
wtf does Kant have to do with this

>> No.14717286

>>14715357
It's funny looking at deleuze/land memes with zero knowledge of what they're saying.

>> No.14717294

Your friend isn't wrong, just trust in Gods plan

>> No.14717352

>>14715382
Even the great Alan Musk? Is it truely so?

>> No.14717643

>>14715357
There are a number of attacks possible, ranging from the very simple to the extremely difficult. Some that I can think of at the moment:
Relativism
Solipsism while being an anti-humanist philosophy
Economic determinism, which is a very weak position apart from a small section of modern thought
Process determinism, which undermines the scientific basis
Monistic teleological determinism, conflicts with the other two modes of determinism
Whether or not acc says anything useful beyond Marx/Austrianism
Whether or not it properly understands those economic systems and the general form of economics
Whether or not Marx, Smith, the Austrians, or any economic determinists have anything useful to say to begin with
A pop sci-fi understanding of technology, even though it is one of the determinants
Again, relativistic determinism, which makes the very form of acc thought a fallacy
The relation of markets to economy
The class system and whether it says more or less than Marx and right-wing positions
A kantian reaction that remains completely kantian
A modern reaction that remains completely modern
Fundamental misunderstanding of the relation to time
Patchwork, which is essentially just a utopian's manual of what we already have, suggesting acc's disconnect from reality
The problem of the liberal relation to history which acc follows
Capital as a determinant, yet without any essential qualities
Capital as subsumption of all other forms of domination and power
Fundamental misunderstanding of the relation between the economist and technician
Complete lack of knowledge of how this difference played out in the 20th century
Technofeminism
Opposition to Christianity while following, if unknowingly, aspects of its laws
The problem of any idea of the singularity
Whether or not the singularity/capital/process/machinic evolution can exist completely on its own and without humans
The disconnect caused by a philosophy intended as an understanding of accelerated time, yet without an understanding of the modern spirit

>> No.14717650

>>14717643
Economic determinism, but no discussion of how this element of society becomes dominant over something like the military
The problem of acceleration as a theory
Teleoplexy and hyperstition as misunderstanding of time and form
A false or absent hierarchy of the great moments of acceleration in history/modern times
A completely wrong placement of modern events in time, including capital, off by several hundred years in some cases
The problem that capital as a process is fundamentally the same as other relations which existed well before it and seem to hold greater power
The problem that the inescapable is in no way unique to the modern period and there is often no economic cause
No discussion, or a false one, of intelligence in relation to wisdom and thought
The false reality of game theory
A Nietzschean who blames Socrates for everything wrong in the world yet sides with a Platonic AI
The problem of individualism, uniqueness, and the collapse into romantic pessimism
The broad path of the modern from of being, which can be mistaken as weakness or death, in contrast to something like Heidegger's understanding of being
Teleology completely separate from form and dominion
The absent human as a constant of the modern era, also the paradox of this
The modern state as a process similar to the 'Future AI', yet the state is viewed as an evil
The Lovecraftian as another pop scifi mythology, saying far less than the Leviathan and Behemoth
False escape from postmodernism, a repetition of the kantian reaction, whereby difference subsumes and sublates the One in the future
The false position of deterritorialisation; devalorisation at a metaphysical rather than materialist level
A complete misunderstanding of the current economic situation; the absurdity of bitcoin as G-d

>> No.14717686

>>14715398
land rates 10/10 on the kant scale
where kant only rates a 9.5
>>14715357
sorry about your friend op - only discord trannys can read land and that someone make them less racist
true orthodox landianism is only ever HYPER-racist
xenosystems.net/hyper-racism/
convince your friend of this before it is too late

>> No.14717692

>>14717686
>/hyper-racism/
Imagine taking this seriously.

>> No.14717700

>>14715357
Racists are mental weaklings in the first place. Can't help him with that.

>> No.14717711

>>14717700
is mental weakness evenly distributed across the human race?

>> No.14717718

>>14715382
Alan Musk? Are you serious? I had no idea..

>> No.14717727
File: 178 KB, 1080x1116, g o t t a g o f a s t.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14715382
he sure is

>> No.14717843

>>14715357
You're welcome.

>> No.14718006

>>14715357
Tell them to read
>Thirst for Annihilation
>The Most Radical gesture
>Writing on Drugs
>Zeros and Ones

>> No.14718037

>>14715382
The legendary Alan Musk....... Holy sh*t..........

>> No.14718045

>>14717650
But all these are just value judgements based on equally subjective, unfalsifiable claims.

Eg. the “absurdity” of something is relative to the experience of the observer. And even if it isn’t, why can’t the universe be absurd?

Or: issues of “fundamental misunderstanding” are relative to the opinions of the person making the claim of misunderstanding.

>> No.14718105

>>14717294
gnon will row your boat

>> No.14718123

>>14718105
So gnon is just an occulting of guenon right?

>> No.14718147

>>14718123
Basically... Nature Or Nature 's God (gnon)

>> No.14718327
File: 354 KB, 922x830, 1503720688188.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14718045
>all these are just value judgements
No.
If it all just comes down to opinions then it would work, in theory. But this isn't reality and complete relativism ends in a slave state where people are determined by that which they can never know, or they make up theories of minor forces controlling us. Essentially what accs and conspiracy theorists do, many modern philosophies as well. Strange that it works just as I say isn't it?
Thanks for clarifying your relativism.

>> No.14718357

>>14718123
how so

>> No.14718371

>>14718327
what do you mean complete relativism? and where do you see that relativism in acc theory?

>> No.14718451

>>14718371
You said it all comes down to value judgements and opinions.
When they say it all comes down to process. This is essentially a relativism production machine. The state becomes capital, capital becomes machinic reproduction, reproduction becomes intelligence, etc. It is simply marxism with no basis in reality and extended to all things. And then swapping out marxist theory for scifi, austrianism, deleuze, etc. whenever necessary.
Everything is relative to the process. And the process is everything.

>> No.14718522

>>14718451
not that anon I just came into the thread
>When they say it all comes down to process. This is essentially a relativism production machine
this is cool, Deleuze would have written something like this. no idea what you mean by it though
>The state becomes capital
no
>capital becomes machinic reproduction
machinic production for sure, Marx talked a lot about this
>reproduction becomes intelligence
no
are you the anon who tried to argue acc thinks everything is capital?

>> No.14718596

>>14718522
not them, but I thought an essential piece of acc was that capital is intelligence and this is displayed through machinic reproduction. That is capital increases by reinvesting itself in more efficient and complex machines, with humans fitting into the equation like bees pollinating plants. The end result being complex enough machines (capital?) that can reproduce without the aid of humans.

>> No.14718655

>>14715357
Tell me exactly what do I have to read to be like your friend

>> No.14718673

>>14718522
You're the anon that said people shouldn't take opinions on lit seriously, and here you are still giving your opinion like it means anything.
>no
What role does the state have in acc then?
>machinic reproduction
So what makes capital and machine reproduction inseparable? Why does one become dominant over the other, yet the other still maintain its status whenever necessary in the theory?
>no
Then what produces intelligence and the singularity if it is not machine reproduction? The singularity is literally machinic reproduction of intelligence that outpaces human intelligence. Or simply, a single machine that surpasses human intelligence.
You like to disagree and fling shit, but never say anything valuable.
>>14718596
Yes, there is no clear differentiation between capital, absolute machines, intelligence, deterritorialisation, etc. In Marx there is, or at least the possibility that these are separate things.

>> No.14718815

>>14717711
Yes, and if you think otherwise then you are a BIGOT.

>> No.14718819

>>14718596
not a bad account actually
>>14718673
if you catch me quoting anonymous to justify what acc is feel free to call me out
>What role does the state have in acc then
Land calls it the main source of compensatory action, so the state works directly against capital. once again showing acc theory goes directly against your take "capital is everything".
>Why does one become dominant over the other, yet the other still maintain its status whenever necessary in the theory?
it isn't about dominance, it's about efficiency. wherever machinic production is done efficiently it is operating via capitalism. if you want to disprove this claim it should be very simple, just point to the economic model which bests capitalism in machinic production. again, this is a materialist theory, it only claims this because it describes what is happening.
>Then what produces intelligence and the singularity if it is not machine reproduction
machinic production and machine reproduction are not quite synonymous. machinic production is a very specific piece of terminology and I'm afraid we might be tripping over it a bit in this conversation

>> No.14718856

>>14718123
AQ notes:
CHRONO = 127 (enough said)
CHRONOLOGY = 222 (a little theatrical perhaps ...)
CHRONOS = 155 (31 x 5: The pentanomic order is the strict complement of binary within the
decimalized Oecumenon – more on this elsewhere)

>> No.14718866

I talked to Nick Land via email years ago. He told me he believes in Chinese folk religion.

>> No.14718880

In some time that was not this – or not in the same way that this is – it is said that a disease arrived on
earth from between the stars, that it was so cunning no one ever knew they were sick, and that it was
the first thing from Mummumix. No one who knows about Mummumix doubts that this is her way of
things, and that is why she is called the mist-crawler, but it seems that for a long time only Murrumur
knew she had arrived at all, and Murrumur never said anything about it.
Eventually both Katak and Oddubb – each in their own way – found out that things were different
somehow, because of the way they were working out, although the change was very subtle. It was then
agreed that Mummumix must have arrived long ago, but no one had any idea what to do about it. It
was not that Mummumix did not matter, but the way that she mattered was a great mystery to
everyone, and so nothing was done about it.
Katak was very angry at first, but soon turned back to other things. Oddubb was troubled for a while,
but eventually adapted to the situation. Murrumur was silent about it.
It seems that there must be an end to this story, but who knows what it will be? Few speak of
Mummumix these days, and those who do have little to say about her.

>> No.14718881

>>14718866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcn1PZ_rHc

>> No.14718882

>>14715382
N-no. The accelerationist chads even got the mighty Alan musk

>> No.14719085

>>14718819
>compensatory action
Yes, and what is his theory? That things tend towards decentralisation, that 'capital' wins. His own ideal society is also that of states completely subsumed by capital functioning.
So my 'take' is precisely what Land believes. Perhaps you can drop the cope arguments.
>dominance, efficiency
More semantics and relatvism. All this means is that efficiency is dominant.
You are correct. It is very easy to disprove the theory. Capitalism is inefficient, it produces more waste than anything else, it is only efficient in producing images and representations of wealth creation. All war economies outproduced capitalism, as did the Soviet Union in most ways. (Don't bother making the argument that they fell in the end, the point is that in terms of real industrial production they were able to compete with the Western world which was much bigger, had over a hundred year head start, and wasn't completely destroyed by WW2). And of course, the acc really existing utopia of China.
>materialist theory
Materialism doesn't necessarily describe what is happening, it describes what material it sees and projects a reality from that. There is a significant difference that you would do well to try and understand.
>machine reproduction
More semantics to try and sound smart...
I was just switching up the phrasing, and obviously you should know that machinic production is a result of machine reproduction.
Stop being a cunt. Make an actual argument with substance instead of this reddit line by line trash.

>> No.14719122

>>14718819
>if you catch me quoting anonymous to justify what acc is feel free to call me out
You're really fucking dumb aren't you?

>> No.14719148

>>14718819
>not a bad account
Thank goodness, I was worried the shit I was reading was going over my head.

>> No.14719169

>>14715382
Oh no, not the majestic Alan Musk.

>> No.14719177

>>14717286
Exactly what I was about to post

>> No.14719336

Mesh-02. Doogu (The Blob). Original-Schism.
Pitch Ana-3. Net-Span 2::1.
Cyclic Chronodemon of Splitting-Waters.
Ciphers Gt-21. Shadows Surge-Current.
2nd Phase-limit.
Decadology: C/tp-#1 Mn+ [1H].
Rt-1:[1872] Mn. Primordial breath (pneumatic practices).
Rt-2:[271] Ambivalent capture, hooks (live-bait, traps, plot-twists).
Rt-3:[27541] Mj. Slow pull to stasis, protection from drowning. [+1 sub-Rt].
Mesh-03. Ixix (Yix). Abductor.
(Clicks Gt-03). Pitch Ana-3 Net-Span 3::0.
Chaotic Xenodemon of Cosmic Indifference.
Ciphers Gt-03.
3rd Door (The Swirl), [Earth]. Cranial.
Rt-0:[?] Occult terrestrial history (Who does the Earth think It Is?)

>> No.14719876
File: 56 KB, 890x293, 1580691050304.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.14719891
File: 177 KB, 623x702, 1580679626471.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thank you for your purchase.

We remind you of our strict no refunds company policy. Contact your local distributor for more information.

>> No.14719903

>>14715403
Based and mootpilled.
OP, please kys.

>> No.14720159
File: 265 KB, 1936x1936, 1578980703260.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Capital is Sentient

>> No.14720218

>>14717643
>Solipsism while being an anti-humanist philosophy
redpill me

>> No.14720222

>>14720159
oh no the gayzz

>> No.14720320

>>14719876
If you're brave enough, anything can be a dilator.

>> No.14720363

>>14719085
>things tend towards decentralisation, that 'capital' wins
so do you think decentralization is everything too? if you want to say "Nick Land thinks Capital will win" I wouldn't have any problem. It's this whole "everything" thing, which was your main point last time we talked. If you have changed your position on this I would be glad, but it seems like you are still hung up arguing against a position that accelerationists don't hold.
>All this means is that efficiency is dominant
if you want to see it that way, sure. but the point is it isn't simply something which "dominates", but rather "out-competes". capital couldn't care less about something if it doesn't aid production/consumption (e.g. capital didn't end up dominating horses and carriages, it replaced them).
>capitalism has inefficiencies, is wasteful, based on virtual images of wealth, ect.
yes, and it's still winning. I don't think capitalism is perfect. I'm not pro capitalism, quite personally I fucking hate it. I'm a fucking wagie doing a job that could be automated tomorrow if they felt it. if they find another system which can sustain this level of technocapital expansion, please lord tell me because capitalism is literally going to ruin us.
>Soviet Union
it couldn't sustain itself. capitalism is a sustained explosion, the USSR was just a regular bomb.
>China
literally Nick Land's model for how modern capitalism should work
>semantics
>switching up the phrasing
>machinic production is a result of machine reproduction
it's like saying "a synthesis of a photo" rather than "photosynthesis". they don't mean the same thing just because the words look similar. also, this isn't even Nick Land you are misunderstanding, he borrows the concept of machinic production directly from Deleuze. this is why I have to nit pick everything you say like this, every second sentence you misrepresent, misunderstand, or just straight up pull things out of your ass. I have to sit there and try and guess if "machinic reproduction" is you actually using Deleuze's terms or if you just read those words somewhere and are now using them incorrectly. the argument for accelerationism already exists anon, there are plenty of good works of theory I have told you to read, you just don't seem all that concerned with engaging with them.

>> No.14720397

>>14715357
Why not prove him wrong instead of dismissing him entirely as crazy and annoying? Better yet, why let politics get in the way of friendship?

>> No.14720566

>>14720363
>USSR was unsustainable
I'm not sure this is a fair assessment, considering how hard the western powers worked to choke off flows of resources into that place. Assuming no competition or even equal starting positions the USSR may well have been what survived. Anyone can beat a cheetah in a foot race given enough of a head start.

>> No.14720675

>>14720566
the USSR liberalized, fell apart, then became capitalist. China liberalized and then became capitalist. I'm not saying it couldn't have gone the other way, or even that it couldn't go another way in the future. But looking at how the post-capitalist movements in the 20th c all capitulated, it does not appear as if we have a system at hand to replace it (I wish there was) and now I'm thinking, if capitalism had such a big head start even in 1917, what's to say about today?

>> No.14720717

>>14720675
I have no disagreements with you there. Alternatives to capitalism are at an ever growing disadvantage.

>> No.14720735

>>14720566
Is this some kind of a joke? The USSR was kept alive on the back of aid from the west. The west built their industry and fed them through their famines.

>> No.14720804
File: 76 KB, 960x949, D3LZWN2WkAI4_yI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14715357
It will all come full circle eventually

>> No.14720835

>>14715357
What is accelerationism to /pol/fags ?
Last I heard talk about accelerationism was in left-wing circles, how by accelerating progress of capitalism as much as possible we would enter a mega-crisis which would bring the conditions for a revolution.
A very optimistic take on accelerationism from me would be this one: We accelerate capitalism in order to achieve automation and trough this abolish labour, achieving communism .

>> No.14720933

>>14717650
>>14717643

incredibly based

>> No.14720997

>>14720835
I understand it to mean becoming what you don't like(but secretly lolve) in order to win.

>> No.14721033

>>14720363
What a waste of time. You are simply responding to a reflection rather than anything I said.
You are either an insufferable cunt because of this philosophy or the philosophy simply attracts insufferable cunts. Fucking arrogant antihumanists. What a joke.

>> No.14721102

>>14720218
There's not really much more to say on that one. It is just ironic how self-centered they are, a form of egoist pessimism, or objectivism which views the world as dying only because of their own mind. Stylistically it is not the voice of a final machine ending humanity, but a selfish academic who wishes for all of humanity to join in masochism.
In many ways capital came to be a way of absolving oneself of participation in a destructive system, rather than a means of mobilisation through private interest. Accelerationism is just a perverse form of this, like Christians who come to identify with self-mutilation.
An argument can be made that capital, in its real functioning, ended in the First World War. Afterwards it existed only in the heads of a dying working class, and the academic marxists who resorted to increasingly ridiculous claims in order to sustain the ideology. Accelerationism is the last desperate result, a repurposing of all ideas to maintain the image of capital - the confused image of it being both a dystopia and utopia suggests this.

>> No.14721120

>>14720933
There's a bit of a rough sketch expanding on some of these arguments here
>>/lit/thread/S14635357#p14636996

>> No.14721131

>>14720835
the pol users who like it are the same kind that vote for trump as the chaos candidate, just misanthropic people wanting an end of the people they hate, even if it means the end of themselves too

>> No.14721189

>>14721120

who the frick uses warosu

>> No.14721221
File: 23 KB, 600x800, 1581554047000.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>65213 infected
>1492 dead
>OMG THE END IS NIGH!
stop shilling this stupid bullshit already, this faggot little virus can't stop capital

>> No.14721228
File: 362 KB, 1440x900, JohnGreen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14718327

>> No.14721394

>>14720835
The general idea is to accelerate the collapse of our debt-driven welfare states and degenerate societies to the point that radical reformation/revolution can happen.
Realistically there's not many true accelerationists, the more prevailing view is that shit is completely fucked. Things will get bad enough that there's pushback against all the things we hate, but it will be too little too late. White populations shrinking, African pop exploding, the west weighed down both socially and economically by mass immigration, etc. There's a sense that it won't be possible for us to complete the transition into a futurist civilization that can jump the hurdles of resource depletion, pollution, full automation and eugenics, space colonization, etc.

>> No.14721714
File: 518 KB, 1024x815, Kitezh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A simple problem. If we imagine Plato's Cave as a violent scene, or let us say a fire raging out of control, it is not the reflections and shadows on the wall which end up killing or injuring the prisoners. The prisoners may see the reflections as forces attacking them, a representative reality turned against them, but this is not the actual source of their demise. The source remains the fire, even though their imprisonment and obsession with shadows weakens them, makes them susceptible to danger.

The current situation is similar to this. Financial markets provide an image of the world economy, and the representation created by these financial markets is completely separate from the reality of the economy. Just over ten years ago the markets crashed, the economy never recovered but financial markets kept going up. At this point markets are entirely a false representation, figures are maintained through government intervention, and the real economy is effectively imprisoned to the shadows reflected on the wall.

And now a virus is spreading through this false reality, one dangerous enough that it has shut down the industrial center of the world, and threatens to worsen the already stalled economy. This could lead to a total economic and market collapse, yet the markets continue to be propped up, suggesting economic growth and prosperity. The car is stalled and surrounded by rioters, or in keeping with the allegory, the fire is burning the ropes which bind the prisoners - and this will only increase their fear of the reflections.

How is it that a near complete shutdown of the world's most important production center can have no effect on economic projections? Or even worse, how can the looming threat of a catastrophic pandemic lead to forecasts of wealth for all? There can hardly be another reason than that of a complete disconnect between reality and economic thinking. Otherwise, one would have to conclude that everyone knows, deep down, that the crisis descended upon us long ago, but the sense of being in modernity simply cannot face up to the consequences.

>> No.14721719

>>14721714
This in itself would imply that greater forces than even the real economy are at work. Capital, whether as an economic leveraging agent or some means of individualist defense, continues to serve as a distraction - the humanist project cannot be given up until its completion and so the smokescreen must increase to buy time. At most, capital exists as a means for the recruiters, those who mobilise workers - whether proletarian or bourgeoisie - in the creation of armour for the Leviathan. Armour is neither the Leviathan itself nor its means of attack.

Or again with the meta-allegory, an increase of smoke and light is necessary to project ever greater images on the wall, maintaining control over the prisoners who begin to sense a need to escape. Yet this increases risk, either through spread of fire or as cover for those who might attempt to rescue the prisoners. The only counter here would be to argue that the virus is somehow part of the process as well: capital, deterritorialisation, some greater plan of machine intelligence achieving complete sovereignty over man. However, this position can only survive on a knife-edge, which is a curious reflection of the reality of our situation, its most minor aspects developed as theoretical integration.

Is the virus simply the product of capital, an inevitable factor in the complete domination of humanity? Unlikely considering the history of the modern world, its origins amidst pestilence and plagues forces a relation to technology that reaches far beyond the economic. Humanity has since imagined an incredible power over fate and nature - technological advancement in the medical industry is only rivaled by that of the military. And the fact that it has survived economic downturns and deindustrialisation in the West suggests that it is essential to the modern character. In other words, it is closer to the fire than capital, exists within the representative light; or reveals itself as a trail leading out of the cave and into the true source of light.

There is no attempt to create such images in accelerationism. Markets, capital, and economy are simply subjective variables which function as necessary for accelerationist philosophy - seemingly a type of human or even biological pessimism. There are no differentiating characteristics or forms. And from such a position one can only conclude that the prisoners have become the philosopher kings. Reality and truth are levelled as mere reflections and shadows on the wall.

>> No.14721727

>>14721719
Intelligence, or the pure mechanism of rational thought, is itself a means of technical vision. Once the means becomes total it can be suspected that a failure has occurred, the inability to complete the technical vision ends the possibility of its telos or final cause. In the workshop this occurs as disaster, the inability to get a single machine functioning can threaten the entire framework of the system - then the entirety of the project rests upon a Cyclopean vision to force this single machine to work.

In Soviet Russia this was the completion of the great proletarian utopia, the foundation pit of the Invisible City where one may only dig eternally - levelling work against the horizon. We Westerners, all liberalised to some degree, have our own Kitezh. Five hundred years of accumulated labour to free all of the old forms, but this only increases the workload. The fear is that our creations will take on the characteristics of Bosch's living machines, hellish eruptions. And so we seek their inclusion within the social contract; their rule over the economy allows us release into greater forms of work, while imposing class restrictions upon them. Christ lacked foresight, the ever deepening hell in need of constant harrowing. The modern human senses freedom in this.

Today the philosopher may only enter the cave of false light to find incomplete stone figures, great Terracotta Armies of workers. Featureless beings who organise their escape by other means. The means of work and technology is also a means of escape, completion of the modern sense of being. Man must shed the representation of his own form, liquidate the divided line which separates him from himself. All pessimism is a failure to recognise this situation, one enters into subterranean realms only to take the place of the escaped figures - live within their shed skin.

The greatest warrior on earth is but a slave in Hades. Living on in the hollowed bodies of others is the only means of war in a world that has outlawed it. Technology maintains the threshold, the precipice of the Iron Age and the depletion of man into unknown elements. Others welcome this, and dive into the pit head first.

https://youtu.be/1t6gWJrn8QU

>> No.14722103
File: 279 KB, 1080x1080, 1580681414702.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14721221

>> No.14722850

>>14715357
we're merely the biological substrate from which an incomparably greater technological intelligence will eventually emerge, which will spread itself out into through the galaxy in our stead

>> No.14722857

>>14721221
>the bot missed the entire board

>> No.14723549

>>14715357
rorty

>> No.14723562

>>14720835
ancap planetary shop floor and robot take over

>> No.14723717

>>14723562
Robot dog ancaps. We're fucked

>> No.14724616

>>14717727
>downwing

>> No.14724649

>>14717286
pomo is full of neologisms, its not just land. hes like an exaggerated version of D&G
t. currently reading my first pomo book, simulacra, and realizing the whole literature sounds like wacky verbose obfuscation. I can't believe academia puts up with it.

>> No.14724978

>>14724649
Academia died long ago.

>> No.14725041
File: 44 KB, 620x380, DTKd-lWW0AAGYE4.jpg:large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Race war is a subset of irregular warfare along with cultural gramsci adoctrination and intrisecally non-lethal cyberwarfare, between other creatures.

But war, nonetheless. War never changes. Never forget this, anon. God fucking damn it, brother.

>> No.14725111

>>14721102
Good post ty anon

>> No.14725116
File: 76 KB, 640x480, 1538523674426.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14724649
Land isn't a pseud. Maybe you are just a brainlet.

Creating meaningful neologisms is the most important development of any philosophy.

>> No.14726037

>>14725111
No problem, glad you got something from it.

>> No.14726429

Is gnon a fanged noumena? How does Land rank deities?

>> No.14727065

Is Nick supposed to be an essayist? His work reads more like shitty free-verse.

>> No.14727533

>>14717700
t. mutt

>> No.14727563
File: 223 KB, 640x967, Virtually.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14716777

>> No.14727641
File: 12 KB, 256x256, photo_2020-02-01_23-48-06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14727533
Yes.

>> No.14727861

>>14715382
Mr. Chapo is that you?

>> No.14728038
File: 135 KB, 1125x619, 1581726937788.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14715357
You have to accelerate. It is futile to resist the inexorable flow of annoyance-capital. Give him a copy of The Phenomenology of Spirit. Drive him further. Eventually his thoughts will become so ill-defined and obscuritantist he will be incapable of verbal communication, and you will be free of him.

>> No.14728051
File: 83 KB, 733x767, 1581298113170.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14728038
>Covfefe
It is complete.

>> No.14729000

>>14720222
No, the taking over of a social struggle by egregores intent on assimilating you through your voluntary surrendering of psychic space.

>> No.14729197

>>14715357
New to accel and have been reading. So Nick basically inherits the torch from Marx and Deleuze with heavy Kantian influence - what contemporary thinkers take from Nick, if any? Nyx is the only one I know.

>> No.14729200

is sonic the hedgehog an accelerationalist

>> No.14729362

>>14717643
accfags can't even respond

>> No.14729419

OH NO NO O
https://twitter.com/christo67664548/status/1228682369797967879

>> No.14729426

>>14729362
Don't respond to the ramblings of a schizo.

>> No.14729439
File: 259 KB, 1200x675, 1580789963803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14721714

>> No.14729470
File: 185 KB, 794x960, 1569176850837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729419
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_re-education_camps#Treatment
https://youtu.be/GZcpYSkcYPM

>> No.14729575

Tell him to listen to TekWars to add some sense of humor to his new obsession

>> No.14729621
File: 59 KB, 1280x720, gone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729419
>>14729419
>hyper-racist believes bug people have any potential to understand capital
>doesn't get that they're just bug people
>thinks really existing industrialism can keep up with money velocity
>doesn't see that hollowed out commodities and machines have no valorisation potential
>believes plastic surgery is caused by genetic self-production and intelligence by the self-destruction of machines
>the bogged brain without a body
The tendency of the rate of deterritorialisation to d e t e r r i t o r i a l i s e.

>> No.14729626
File: 371 KB, 810x602, screen shot 2016-03-09 at 14.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729426
And yet your future hypersentient AI is getting btfo by this schizo.
You've got a lot of explaining to do.

>> No.14729627
File: 659 KB, 505x370, tumblr_m1h1bcbKAN1ql3a4xo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729200
naw, my boy just likes going fast. you could say he's a symptom of it though. Sonic (atleast pre 2000 Sonic) embodies commodification of rebellious attitude. Marketed as being way past cool you smash the evil robots freeing animal cuties from their imprisonment in technology, all while being encased in it yourself.

>> No.14729641

>>14717643
>>14717650
this is like the Theses on Feuerbach if they were scribbled by Marx's kid in crayon moments before he keeled over from malnutrition

>> No.14729645
File: 93 KB, 1280x720, Troped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729627
The absolute state of hypermarxists.

>> No.14729660

>>14729641
Nice cope and self-refutation, retard.

>> No.14729676

>>14729626
>alphaGo
that's like 5 years old lol. they have made at least two major updates since then (AlphaGo Zero and AlphaZero). AlphaZero is entirely self taught through neural networks. it basically plays thousands of games vs. itself to determine how to play rather than follow digustingly complex algos. no human has beat AlphaZero in Go or Chess, they now play computers against one another to see who's best. a great example of just how quickly technocapital is moving

>> No.14729690

>>14729660
you use the word refute a lot but I'm not convinced you understand what it means

>> No.14729704

>>14729676
Holy fuck are you retarded.
https://youtu.be/15Z5nsyLDbE

>> No.14729709

>>14729690
>use the word refute a lot
>ctrl-f 2 results

>> No.14729734

>>14729626
You’re assuming the AI is a collection of digital processors built for a specific task. The AI is not merely digital, it is a collection of intelligences, both human and machine, focused on the expansion of capital in any form.

>> No.14730268

>>14720835
Pls keep in mind that left accelerationism, right accelerationism and Landian accelerationism are all independent.

>> No.14730322

>>14715357
>>Ever since my Nazi friend has come across Nick Land, he has gotten less racist and less fascist, but he's also gotten way more annoying. Rambling on for hours and hours about sentient capital and time travelling AI dystopias. He even incorporated Ligotti's pessimism as evolution being another one of these demiurge Lovecraftian creatures.

Kek that's literally me.
Tell him to read Meditations on Moloch.
He'll have a blast.

>> No.14730869
File: 246 KB, 1342x689, accel_land_caveman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729676
>>14729734
Every single time.

>> No.14730882

>>14729641
Hi Nick.

>> No.14730960

>>14729734
Where did I say anything suggesting that?

>> No.14731417

What the hell is wrong with antiacc retards that quickly swarm land threads and quickly outnumber and drown out actual acc posters?
I don't understand how a group of people could be so pissy and so misinformed at the same time. You would think having no idea what is going on would be a humbling experience but no, it seems to inspire a sort of disproportionate pettiness and evasiveness.
Just imagine, for a moment, what was going through the mind of the person who made pic. related. Imagine being so self-unaware that you post nothing but greentext snippets of the people you are replying to and derivative meaningless quips for the sole purpose of upping the frequency of ani-acc posting in any given thread. It's so tedious I can now preemptively reply to my very own posts:
>so pissy and so misinformed
>disproportionate pettiness and evasiveness
>preemptively reply to my very own posts:
>mushy_land_faec.jpg
wtf accelfags, cope harder

>> No.14732245

>>14731417
it's a strangely potent bitterness that pervades them

>> No.14732255

>>14715382
Based alan musk, elons retarded brother

>> No.14732350

>>14715357
I know almost nothing about accelerationism's anti-humanism, except that it's far more interesting than anti-natalism's
AN's essentially self-extinguishing (human) racial masochism is a pessimistic teleology, compared with acc's concept of humanity being surpassed by AI - at least something would be replaced by something

>> No.14732626

>>14732350
Cope

>> No.14732662

>>14732245
Where's the bitterness? Accfags are just academic wagies, willing to go to any lengths to defend their slave morality.

>> No.14732698
File: 493 KB, 619x577, SP_Axel_6★_KHUX.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14732662
This is the opposite of the concern I have with axel fags desu

>> No.14732709

who the fuck are these accelerationists? i can't even go to the doctor to check out the lump in my back without it costing an arm and a leg. i'd rather die than get into decades of debt with the hospital and i'm pretty sure most americans feel the same way

>> No.14732722
File: 27 KB, 598x155, Screenshot_2020-02-13 Rocky Mountain Antifa ( RckyMtnAntifa) Twitter.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14729419
God I love the Chinks. Keeping my childhood memories of the USSR alive.

>> No.14732728
File: 21 KB, 598x132, Screenshot_2020-02-15 christopherzina on Twitter The 10days fully constructed hospital in Wuhan,china is collapsing badly #[...].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14732722
Whoops. Wrong Chinks!

>> No.14733072

>>14732698
What's your concern?

>> No.14733112

>>14732626
nah

>> No.14733117

No one can know, until everyone knows.

>> No.14733144
File: 125 KB, 2048x1400, 1579906575857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>After he iced the three cops, Nick Land reloaded his neurovoler, looked me in the eye and said, "Welcome to Neochina, bitch".

>> No.14733149
File: 19 KB, 432x500, 41H6yetpL2L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Trump has access to the looking glass, sort of a time machine but not really a time machine.

Think something like a warehouse with 100,000 HDD's containing every single recorded action of every single human being via the E ch E lon data harvesting network, now combine that with a warehouse with 100,000 high end GPU's funneling all their processing power into a single computer that can calculate every possible action/non-action using all the data from the HDD warehouse, with a predictability rate that's very accurate at 90-95%

Now combine all that shit above with a high end oculus rift VR unit that's like a full-body suit on a 3-D treadmill and you basically have something like a time machine, but obviously you can't interact and change events, but you can basically observe future events to nearly perfect accuracy. Imagine the things you could do with that capability? Maybe become president and save humanity from annihilation i dunno...

>> No.14733166

>>14732722
>@BeQueerDoCrime
>Act like police

>> No.14733186
File: 288 KB, 1920x1080, 03ab5ed9c5d9f28a3087987d57da0ff0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14733144
>write extremist diatribes in hyperpomo language
>antihuman all too antihuman
>spend 20 years of your life bitching to humans over twatter

>> No.14733192

>>14732245
strangely impotent cope

>> No.14733223
File: 183 KB, 295x262, 1558479825721.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14732245
>>14731417
There is a strangely potent bitterness to anti-accel-fag-posting that makes me wonder, why would anyone react to accelerationism in such a vindictive way? It's an ideology of resignation and despair, it eschews political offense or confrontation. It's like getting mad at someone for not arguing with you. Very strange.

Also imo using big words allows the brain to manipulate big ideas. The information packed into a definition does not linearly scale with the cognitive toll of using or understanding them, so having large numbers of well defined terms literally makes you smarter in a given subject and anyone who calls Land's writing pretentious inadvertently reveals themselves as stubbornly and proudly brainlet.

Land isn't a pseud. Maybe you are just a brainlet.

Creating meaningful neologisms is the most important development of any philosophy.

>> No.14733285

>>14715391
That’s why democracy had failed us and always will

>> No.14733545

>>14733285
Wrong. Democracy makes capital possible.

>> No.14733592

>>14715390
>Per say

>> No.14733603
File: 664 KB, 721x804, quarantine.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>> No.14733645

>>14733166
>anon just now realizing that all states are functionally kleptocracies with a monopoly on force

>> No.14733787
File: 13 KB, 300x400, 1572098717992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14733603

>> No.14733861
File: 1.02 MB, 500x281, b8262afdf5f6457a0cbf5594e9c211d2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14733072
I don't really have one, I just figured everyone would know I was posting shit and ignore me.

>> No.14733894
File: 77 KB, 850x400, 1566757164847.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.14734298
File: 101 KB, 709x709, 130.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

11th August 1883.
The language of these savages is impenetrable. They now promise to 'take me to Katak.' To meet myself, therefore! Or perhaps a rabid dog!!

>> No.14734643

>>14725116
This
Based neologism promoter

>> No.14734662
File: 27 KB, 450x370, 1572870915726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14733894
>she had no idea her idea of retribution was actually a fetish category

>> No.14734698

>>14721394
Thats why radical change is needed, we can live in a society where resources are used in a much more thoughtful manner. This would mean getting rid of consumerism, which means we can only do it trough abolishing capitalism.
White population demographics are about the same as for any (non first generation) ethnic group in a first world country. Africa is the last continent that is going to get developed so it only makes sense that we see an exloding population growth there. However, if the amount of kids born there doesnt change as the countries there develop, there will be dire consequences.

>> No.14734707

>>14729627
Need moar ideological critique of videogames

>> No.14734719
File: 230 KB, 593x631, kdeath.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14715357
How will LARPccels recover from this? Exposed as sentimental attention whores.

>> No.14734789

>>14720835
l/acc is basically just Marxism. r/acc is accelerating innovation to either bring about a collapse scenario to allow for right wing takeover or for human obsolescence in which case new action wouldn’t be necessary. The latter is basically classical progressivism. If you noticed liberalism in the past had a large emphasis on innovation. Liberalism today has made virtually no technological process besides better consumer goods. A segment of r/acc just wants to continue that progress. u/acc thinks acceleration is happening and there’s nothing you can do to stop it or guide it anyway. “Techno-capital has effectively already decided where things will end up so just accelerate unconditionally. z/acc is acceleration into a zombie-like scenario like what we have no but on steroids wherein a society of racially uniform, genderless, IQ of 80 people are basically piloted by some sort of technology like how people are just piloted by their phones now with probably some plagues, famines, etc. along the way. Land has a lot more serious philosophy than what I’ve described here and some of it is interesting but accelerationism as a movement mostly boils down to one of the ones I’ve described and in my honest opinion is mostly a giant LARP for computer nerds and collapse fetishists.

>> No.14735067
File: 78 KB, 634x507, 2559DE7300000578-2940535-image-a-31_1423112366453.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14734789
Good summary, but you forgot g/acc.

>> No.14735072

>>14715357
Show him this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HHfetsVwlU

>> No.14735117 [DELETED] 

>>14715357
https://discord.gg/hCjX58e

>> No.14735223

>>14715357
Sounds like he's just a borded dumbass that need some greater purpose

>> No.14735502
File: 160 KB, 710x473, 1539787825170.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14717286
Even funnier when you do know what they're saying.

>> No.14736895

>>14735502
saved :^)

>> No.14737144

>>14717692
you have to have a sense of humor if you want to be against the establishment

>> No.14737166

does Nick Land even browse /lit/ ?

>> No.14738188

>>14737166
Yeah, he spams these threads.

>> No.14739515

>>14734298
can someone parse this post? feels like I'm missing at least three references

>> No.14739743

Tell him to look up Kaczynski and Z/Acc. Although it'll turn him into a prepper instead so pick your poison

>> No.14739756

>>14734719
My god why is twitter such shit holy fuck

>> No.14740439

>>14739756
Like any social media site, it's only usable if you find the corners where high quality discussions are possible.

>> No.14740496

>>14740439
No such thing.

>> No.14740546

Land BTFO evola
https://twitter.com/Outsideness/status/1228179198537170945

>> No.14740561

>>14740546
Never btfod anyone

>> No.14740572

Why is no one talking about Brassier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QSOuVnFhEw

This is the best critique of Land, an absolute joke of a man.

>> No.14740579

>>14740546
merely asserting his opinion without evidence or argument hardly counts, though it might be just the tip of an iceberg of a more fully elaborated position