[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 121 KB, 200x307, 7084FCF7-425B-4DAD-AC95-1F6C43C68956.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14588683 No.14588683 [Reply] [Original]

what do you think this book is about?
I think it’s about the humbling of Rashkolnikov. Porfiry reveals to him that one of his papers was published under a different publisher and rash didn’t know it had been. But this also gives us a glimpse into his mind about 2 months before the murders. The paper was about how he felt there were ordinary men and extraordinary men, and that the extraordinary men did not have to follow the same laws are normal men (they could murder), he references Napoleon and some others as examples. So I think this tells us that he believes he is extraordinary, that’s why he commits the murders so that he can find out. Obviously this doesn’t work out and leading up to the murders and after he is a complete mess. Eventually it ends with him coming to the realization he is just ordinary. I’ll leave it here if anyone wants to discuss

>> No.14588711

How suffering is useful to the spiritual resurrection of a man