[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 242 KB, 1920x1200, 1557000269173.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14479621 No.14479621 [Reply] [Original]

how do we fix this board? it's been awful for a while now
>same 5 philiosphers over and over
>/pol/ bait threads
>"how do i read lol :)))"
>ovbiously off topic "what books for (x not literary thing)"
it's ovbious a huge migration of people who don't read came here and started circlejerking what they had heard from jordan peterson or whatever other youtube smart man. how do we get rid of them? it's too seeped into board culture at this point to just filter and ignore.

>> No.14479691
File: 148 KB, 988x1059, 1578198678206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14479621
>it's ovbious a huge migration of people who don't read came here and started circlejerking what they had heard from jordan peterson or whatever other youtube smart man. how do we get rid of them? it's too seeped into board culture at this point to just filter and ignore

>> No.14479694

>>14479621
>how do we fix this board?
you can't
it's shit because it's the site of yet another turf war between conflicting cultural forces, as is the rest of this site, and cracking down on it inevitably involves taking sides which is not really in the interests of the powers that be for this place
the only solution is complete secession, the creation of alternate spaces with partisan moderation where people don't feel the need to fight their cultural wars by posting endless "books that refute race realism?" or "books that refute le 40% tranny meme?" threads because they know they already "own" the space in question and people there more or less share the same worldview and agree with them on basic principles
that said this board would instantly become 50% better overnight if mods just banned outright spam, i remember half the catalog being guenon threads at some point

>> No.14479699

>>14479691
reddit type comment

>> No.14479732

>>14479694
>that said this board would instantly become 50% better overnight if mods just banned outright spam
Yup. This place would be way better if they even did the minimum, but they are totally absent.

The only way to have good literary discussion is to talk to someone privately. This board is just bad. Stop spending time here, actually read, then you'll be able to have a decent conversation with the next literature-interested person you meet.

>> No.14479741

>>14479694
>the only solution is complete secession, the creation of alternate spaces with partisan moderation where people don't feel the need to fight their cultural wars by posting endless "books that refute race realism?" or "books that refute le 40% tranny meme?" threads because they know they already "own" the space in question and people there more or less share the same worldview and agree with them on basic principles
dog shit idea

>> No.14479752

>>14479621
Anon, I only came back this last week and I have been shovelling "that reminds me of [text we are going to keep the conversation on forever til you learn something]" into them. There is an increase but the key is to keep bumping with on topic content in the conversations you do start, and leave their spam threads flounder by bumping enthusiastically with more about [insert text] in threads you want to keep front page. Stop complaining nobody is starting the conversation about books with you and start sperging out about books like the board was intended for. Water finds its own level, and if you're stuck talking /pol/tard showerthoughts to people who never mention books, you are what you hate.
I've had a good week, I talked about lots of books I love and hate to people who were all over the spectrum of interested. Think I might go read Catullus for kicks, so thanks for reminding me of him by getting me to remember odi et amo, great rec! Never change /lit/

>> No.14479856

>>14479621
There is only one solution: force all posters to post whatever they post in English and at least two foreign languages. Google-Translate is, thank God, still easily spotted by anyone with any degree of literacy in the languages concerned. That will soon separate the plebs from the patricians.

Il n'y a qu'une seule solution: contraindre tous ceux qui postent de le faire non seulement en anglais mais encore en deux langues étrangères supplémentaires. Google Translate se reconnait, grâce à Dieu, tout de suite, pourvu qu'on possède une certaine compétence dans les langues concernées. Ca ne tardera pas à effectuer une séparation entre les plébéiens et les patriciens.

Es gibt nur eine Loesung: man muss alle Poster dazu zwingen, nicht nur auf Englisch sondern auch auf mindestens zwei weitere Fremdsprachern zu posten. Google Translate, Gott sei Dank, ist gleich zu erkennen, wenn man nur gute Grundkenntnisse in den betroffenen Sprachen besitzt. Das wird bald die Plebejer von den Patrizern trennen koennen.

>> No.14479915
File: 235 KB, 905x2184, 1576731682427.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.14479979

>>14479856
What's up with the occasional accents?

>> No.14480091

>>14479621
board’s pretty fine bruv, there’s /pol/ here and there but who cares, it’s not overflowing like on /fit/ or /his/.
t. /fitlit/