[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 346 KB, 1511x2335, bookofdisquie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14207763 No.14207763 [Reply] [Original]

as an isolated, borderline agoraphobic, NEET, this book is blowing my mind. I can't read more than 20 minutes or so at a time because I have to sit and think about it. It's beautiful, liberating, horrifying and claustrophobic at the same time. I actually found it on an 'incel books' thread on /lit.

anyway, I've never read anything like this, so what are some other books with similar themes?

>> No.14208615

>>14207763
if you like fiction you should read Notes from Underground and No Longer Human

>> No.14208623

am reading this is short spurts as well. I'm actually the opposite of you, very social, well travelled, decent career. But I read passages from this and am rapt by the depth of a mind that can encompass these thoughts and feelings. As I feel myself understanding them it's as though I am being removed from the world.

I really can't think of a book that is even remotely like the experience of reading this. sorry op