[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.03 MB, 1024x1024, regina.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14160994 No.14160994 [Reply] [Original]

If there's one thing that binds /lit/ together it's a soft kind of cynicism. It's become less satisfying to defend an original idea. If you can't take it part, you can shit on it from some angle. Think about what that means for a second. We're not brave enough to actually to put an idea out in the discourse and defend it. For every ten guys who are hard about the WW1 guy in the trench laughing while he's getting shelled, there are eleven out there too fragile to actually defend an original idea. So why is it surprising that the people who are most visible right now are the people who are either batshit or at the ends of the poles? The idiot Nazi is happy to post an unhinged three post diatribe about how the Jewish state rips him off. The all-gender-studies liberal arts student is happy smugly critiquing everything though their single lens of marginal inequality. By the conventional model, there should be intellectual moderate creating some kind of narrative that incorporates both of them. There isn't. Why? Because at the end of the day, we are safe in being cynical. It's easier to forget the people making the arguments on each side are people and reduce them to memes. Wash your hands of everything. It doesn't seem like much, but at the end of the day this cynicism cycle is what drives business to charge more interest on consumers, it's what keeps consumers from seeking alternate options when it comes to growing their businesses, and ultimately it's what keeps us telling people who don't believe in our network of businesses that they're "faggot communists" or whatever when they suggest some kind of alternative to Big Data. One side calls that weird complicated amalgamation of businesses and interests "the Jews" and the other doesn't call it anything uniform, maybe like "Big Business" or "The Private Sector" but they're all equally horseshit and inadequate as labels. It's all very complicated. There are thousands of companies, interests, persons, ongoing lawsuits, etc. but we have no attention span or actual convictions so we just have cynicism because at least if you have cynicism you won't be wrong unless you're actually wrong which would be something good. IE you can talk shit all day about the education system. Everybody knows it's a piece of shit. Unless when it's not. When it's not, that's good and you're not just a cynical piece of shit. When it is though- which is more often than not- you're just "right" and being "right" is worth more than anything else to lit. And isn't that such a sad fact. If there's one place where the culture should defend people who defy the board culture it should be lit. If anything, lit is such a sad parody of itself it's just a caricature of the culture at large now: so outspoken until it actually becomes the object of criticism. Because then it shrivels up into the same self censoring, scared bitch mentality it claims to hate so much.

>> No.14161005
File: 112 KB, 454x333, sad frustrate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

he's fucking got us bros. I'm writing a treatise on the coalescence of fascism and communism now to take down this fucking shithole world once and for all. To arms brothers! to arms!

>> No.14161010

>>14160994
>By the conventional model, there should be intellectual moderate creating some kind of narrative that incorporates both of them. There isn't. Why?
Because there never has been. Read more history of ideas and political history.

>> No.14161012

tl;dr: just turn off your brain bro

>> No.14161027

>>14160994
Imagine taking an online anime board seriously, you’re genuinely autistic if you come on here expecting intellectual discussions

>> No.14161055

>>14161010
>I'm right!

>> No.14161075
File: 30 KB, 960x704, 549455E2-186C-42B7-81A4-3FC05D8DF9AA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14160994
What the fuck dude. This board is supposed to be dead. Stop spoiling the board’s circle-jerking pseud culture with such rationality. Fuck of back to... uh... fuck you!

>> No.14161091
File: 213 KB, 1210x1754, 1572242898732.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>By the conventional model, there should be intellectual moderate creating some kind of narrative that incorporates both of them.
you cant draw clean water from a poisoned well

>> No.14161111

>>14161091
>you cant draw clean water from a poisoned well
Prove this statement

>> No.14161117

>>14161091

So the conventional model is poisoned. Wow!! Congratulations dipshit!!

>> No.14161121

>>14160994
DFW called it irony

>> No.14161127

>>14160994
If a person is strong, smart, socially competent i.e, they're not on 4chan
this is a place for the fuck-ups

>> No.14161133
File: 119 KB, 600x480, heghoul.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

heh. heheh.. hahahhahh. hahahhahahahhaa.HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA

>> No.14161214

>>14160994
most the time, i’m looking for good arguments that could change my mind, or i play devils advocate with my own thoughts with the possibility of being proved wrong. but what i’ve noticed, especially on the hard right, is that they have a very specific idea of who they are arguing against, they always presume i’m a twittercore hillary supporter, and i’ll be whined at for being a dogmatic marxist globalist, and to be honest most of these people seem to have never questioned their beliefs, i find it hard to see how they ever ended up on /lit/

the key thing is that all sides of the debate clearly feel the same alienation and cynicism with their lives or with the world, but instead of recognising that and coming together, most the time they are too comfortable circlejerking their own perceived corner

oh no i’m black/white/sjw/redpill/female/incel/capitalists/communists, it’s all the same, buzzword after buzzword

>> No.14161264

Problem is all deez Wypio!!!
We need sum muthafuckin diversity in this bihh yaheard??