[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 461 KB, 1124x1836, FC07B616-AACB-4C9A-8477-685C7DAD6396.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14077350 No.14077350 [Reply] [Original]

It's cultural terraforming.

The platonic bugman isn't simply a fully assimilated workerdrone for globohomocorp... He is a man who never had the need to change in order to assimilate to globohomocorp.

C-sectioned into a sterile environment by credentialised alien medical personnel and raised by strivers who had incubated what they intended to be a narcissistic clone of themselves. Rather than the mirror of self affirmation his parents intended to create, they inadvertently brought something far worse into this world. Something... Empty. Something with the smallest possible soul, which occupies the smallest possible corner of the cavernous soul-space inherent to a man with his inherited high IQ that was intended to be tempered by an ethnocultural heritage of altruistic romanticism.

His caretakers' empty loveless platitudes, persistent physical and emotional absences, and fanatical striver dedication to relentless "inclusiveness" and "efficiency" resulted in the utter starvation of the child's solitary soul fragment.

An unclaimed heritage makes its presence felt through a haunting melancholy that propels a fully-souled individual to seek it out, at any price. A weaker-souled individual still feels the call, but weakly... It is easy to drown out with drugs, drink, and other forms of desensitization.

The platonic bugman hears none of this. His soul has been shrunken to a tiny characterless bead that serves only as a mechanically animating force- and nothing more.

The fullest soul sings like wind through the veins of heroes. But the bugman's blood is naught but iron, plasma, and carbon dioxide. Simple elements. Physical blood pumped rhythmically through tissue that is warm, yet remains lifeless.

Completely bereft of emotional, sociocultural and memetic antibodies, his body and mind are fully colonized by the roaming metabacterial influences of the managerialist mileu. There is an Amazon Alexa in his soul cavern.

Inverted panopticon: A ring of corpogovernmentally programmed thought police surrounding a lone man in a cell. But there is no cell, because the man is incapable of considering any alternative.
He is tweeting, and nomming on organic granola.
He am become globohomo, monocultural fagger of worlds.

>> No.14077358

What do people disillusioned with Capitalism find appealing in half-baked fascist drivel?

>> No.14077366

I believe so. /lit/ is like the holdout for America's cafe culture that never came. disillusioned young men talking big ideas and trying to understand themselves and their place in a dehumanizing world

when it isn't twittercap threads and the same retreads of 2006 nu atheist talking points at least

>> No.14077452

>>14077366
which is ironic because this exact thread (as in, this exact OP, not just this "type of thread") has been posted numerous, numerous times

>> No.14077463

>>14077452
I know it has, but I'd rather good pasta get recycled than the go-to twittercap of the week

>> No.14077471

>>14077358
Everything that distinguishes it from communism.
https://youtu.be/P_9ZgT6LbWU

>> No.14077553

You forget people don't even read books nowadays. Most stop after school and college. Lack of useful hobbies is also damning. Imagine actually spending your life on video games and anime, like most 4channers did. You look upon it at one point like you wasted more than 20 years of your life and learned nothing.

>> No.14077862
File: 24 KB, 400x400, 1571419132940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14077553
>Yeah it's definitely possible, not speaking of myself because I don't have the right to, but I know people like this. It's hard though, there are too many distractions and not enough collegiality, and the kind of dilettantism you see on /lit/ is the most likely result, people who know a little here and there and have good intentions but mostly don't engage seriously with anything.

>The one nice thing about university is that it forces you to read concertedly, at least occasionally. And it surrounds you with people who are at least ostensibly experts on the same topic, so there's enough collegiality and competition to keep you motivated. But the downside of university is that it's far more likely to turn you into a polished nothing than a something. So both avenues have their pitfalls.

>It's the only path to happiness though if you don't "fit" into normie hell. Especially once you start to crest thirty you really realize modern life is a giant advertising campaign geared at 20yos, and when you're no longer in its target demographic you're just discarded and have to live off scraps for the remaining decades of your life. This is why millennial men 25-40 seem to have stopped growing as people at 21, so they just become older and older versions of cool hip fag characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer still gossiping about comic book movies and ironically watching Samurai Jack in their thirties. There's just nothing else. If you want to escape this, devote yourself to a higher calling or ideally several callings, and actually keep dashing yourself against it until you reconstitute enough times that you begin to gain some perspective on what you're doing. And constantly try to find collegiality and camaraderie with other people who have somehow beaten the odds and managed to become human

—anon on autodidactism

Wake up while you can frendos

>> No.14077880

>>14077553
>Lack of useful hobbies is also damning
And people are trying to spin leisure-focused hobbies as some kind of virtue rather than moving on to better things.

"It's not a waste of time, you just don't understand"

>> No.14077939

>undergrads thinking they're hot shit because they're reading
I swear the whole of 4chin works on superiority complex alone

>> No.14078022

>An unclaimed heritage makes its presence felt through a haunting melancholy that propels a fully-souled individual to seek it out, at any price. A weaker-souled individual still feels the call, but weakly... It is easy to drown out with drugs, drink, and other forms of desensitization.
This is why I quit my job to backpack through Europe, specifically the small town my ancestors came from. Well written OP.

>> No.14078027

>>14077862
Based Anon.

>> No.14078131

>>14077366
>>14077452
>tfw no cafe to go to and sip coffee and listen to old, young, wise and foolish men hold forth on the most outlandish ideas for hours
>tfw no cast of local "intellectuals" each with their own pet issues and topics
>tfw no enigmatic barkeep who knows everyone's favorite and second favorite orders

>> No.14078789
File: 247 KB, 480x360, da9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14077350

>> No.14078813

>>14077862
>>14078131

based

>> No.14078853
File: 254 KB, 750x1334, 74254675346.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the classic:

>There is a certain technocratic caste in America, typically from a middle class background, who has been able to take advantage of the American university system's social-climbing mechanics and start at management consulting firms/iBanks right out of college. They call themselves type As, who, given the propriety involved in getting employment with such high starting salaries, are tracked to such an extent that they haven't had time in years to do anything besides meet the demands of school/work/networking/self-assigned Aziz-Ansari tv seasons.

>After graduation, they chain-migrate to the same sections of the same "desirable" cities of DC, SF, NYC, Boston, etc. that their boomer parents/media told them were hip. They have relatively large expendable incomes, and their jobs are fluid—moving between other desirable cities every couple years, they cross-pollinate and standardize their ecosystems, forming a sort of country within a country, made up of the former-arts-district habitats and Acela migration routes these future leaders use to play city.

>As other areas of the cities they live in, and other, non-desirable cities, seek to attract them (or even be perceived by them), they transform themselves into the simulated Williamsburg/WeWork host that this civilizationally tumorous biomass feeds on. Marketed and advertised to as the most sought after demographic, veins of commerce spread the cancer, first to main street America and from there to the rest of the world.

>> No.14078875

>>14077350
>Tripfags embraced as 'quirky standouts' whereas people used to do that with their writing style.
>Genre and Harry Potter fans completely comfortable. Disliking them is 'tryhard'
>Almost every thread is about communism and atheism; the threads about authors are derailed to be about communism and atheism.
>No comfy read alongs or book clubs at all anymore
Let's face it: there's nothing /lit/ about /lit/. /lit/ is /pol/ junior.

>> No.14078895
File: 19 KB, 660x350, Christopher-Lasch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>It's not postmodern neomarxism, Pete. It's managerial liberalism, mass media driven information overload and the resulting culture of Narcissism. If anything, you should be blaming Rawls instead of Foucault. Peterson manages to 'own' leftists only because he is defending middle class commonsense against the increasingly intrusive psychopolitical demands of the managerial globohomo leviathan. Try reading vox, the guardian or the nyt, grates like nails on chalkboard precisely because they are asking you to adopt a very specific kind of mentality that's full of internal contradictions. On one side, it's institutional realism, on the other, it's a mangled form of social constructionism. shrill moralism and the journalistic royal We deployed for the sake of an ethics of mandatory individualistic hedonism. All the traditional criteria of merit thrown out the window for a fixation on percentages and 'representation', and yet they still expect the deference accorded to traditional merit based institutions.

'identity politics' has been embraced by major corporations precisely because it's an effective instrument of post fordist human terrain management. Doesn't prevent Jeff Bezos from becoming the wealthiest man in human history. See Deleuze and Foucault on the society of control vs disciplinary societies and Lasch inspired paleocons such as Paul Gottfried and Sam T. Francis on the rise of managerial power.It is in the interest of managerial therapeutic state to define you as a victim who must be granted self esteem by the benevolent external agency of the system. Internet leftists are sadomasochists who use the heavily formalised discourse of social justice to inflict narcissistic injuries upon each other.

>The postmodern big Other is a Symbolic Order stripped of its symbolization of itself; not posing as God or History, it openly announces itself as a social construct - but this ostensible demystification doesn't impede its functioning, for it has never functioned more effectively

>> No.14078896

>>14078853
you are like a little baby. watch this:

Jesus fucking christ that image, even if it's not real, will be real soon enough, and it's a perfect representation of how existing economic imbalances are going to inch closer and closer to outright slavery and degradation. Just imagine rich nigger jew pieces of shit walking around like a bunch of spoiled little queers, chitchatting about their fucking disgusting decadent lives, getting pampered by off-site slaves.

I swear to god, I don't care if he's right or left or none of the above, please just give me a Napoleon, give me a Hitler, give me a Robespierre or Stalin, anyone who can wipe these pointless letzen menschen off the face of the earth already. I don't want the earth to be inherited by genetically enhanced spray-tanned Californians who freeze human history in an upper middle class bourgeois American snapshot for all eternity.

Please god, send a meteor, send earthquakes and floods, anything. Just wipe this shitstain failed species off the earth before Silicon Valley kikes turn it into an Old Navy commercial frozen in time forever and built on a mountain of mulatto slave skulls. I can handle it being a stupid gay chaos, I just can't handle knowing the rich wiener trust fund kids who buy $6 Starbucks drinks every day are really the endpoint of humanity.

>> No.14078898

That is so profound anon. You are not like the rest. You are special and unique. Keep reading your fucking stupid books :)

>> No.14078904
File: 151 KB, 1242x1428, 1569054378792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14078896
just watch Neil de Grasse tyson videos and post on Reddit until the end of fucking time

Shit like this is produced by bourgeois think tanks to make the middle class complacent while the rich steals all their fucking money and uses literal slaves in the third world to make their trendy glitter iPhone cases.

Go sit in a park with your sweetie! (DON'T HAVE ONE, ALL SOCIAL RELATIONS HAVE DEGENERATED TO ORGYPORGY PROLEFEED NIGHTMARE)

Take Facebook tweet selfies of your stupid bullshit! (ENDLESSLY FOCUS ON DAY-TO-DAY PETTY SOCIALIZING AND LASCHIAN NARCISSISTIC GRANDSTANDING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ALL HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO LITERALLY PREHISTORICAL LEVELS OF HYPERGAMY IN A WHIRLING GYRE OF MEANINGLESS TINDER FACEFUCKING FOR THE SELECT FEW AND ELLIOT RODGER RESENTMENT FOR THE REST)

Consume trendy garbage and eat cool food :P!!!! (LITERALLY CHINESE NIGGER SLAVES MADE YOUR STUPID BULLSHIT "THINKGEEK.COM" BAUBLES AND DESIGNER STRETCHPANTS, IN ENDLESS WASTELANDS THAT RESEMBLE THE FACTORIES OF INDUSTRIAL ENGLAND MARX WROTE ABOUT IN COMPLETE HORROR)

These people are trying to thought control you into passively reclining and injecting low-effort Mythbusters reddit filth into your brain and ignoring the dull ache of meaninglessness and consumerist overstimulation from inhaling high fructose corn syrup and salt all fucking day

"Optimistic nihilism" is what rich faggots pay slightly less rich faggots to convince lumpenproles to think they're experiencing when they work in a cubicle for 45 years to finance a lifestyle of watching proles modify Nerf guns and design "man caves". Turn off the Youtube and develop some tastes and moral preferences taht an algorithm designed by Amazon can't predict and use to predict your entire life befoer you've evn lived it you peice of fucking shit

>> No.14078919

>>14077862
This is a great post.

>> No.14079001

Think I’m going to move to the woods, near a stream. Anyone want to join me? But not too close.

>> No.14079009

>>14079001
I'll pee in the stream.

>> No.14079020

>>14079001
>>14079009
there was a thread on here where someone who had been left a million bucks was going to buy a warehouse in some south american capital and we could all move there as a flop house, run a cafe on the first floor, screen/make movies, publish a journal, etc. it sounded so fun it made me really sad such a thing doesnt exist

>> No.14079031

>>14079020
You could set it up right now if you had the balls.

>> No.14079034

>>14077862
>Especially once you start to crest thirty you really realize modern life is a giant advertising campaign geared at 20yos, and when you're no longer in its target demographic you're just discarded and have to live off scraps for the remaining decades of your life. This is why millennial men 25-40 seem to have stopped growing as people at 21
I...I hadn't realized this

>> No.14079056
File: 595 KB, 586x598, 1568504794449.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14077350
>>14077862
>>14078853
>>14078895
>>14078896
>>14078904
>thread about how the average man is a soulless automaton incapable of independent thought and completely dependent on the totalitarian nature of modern mass media for any sense of identity
>it's 90% copypasta

>> No.14079083

>>14077358
The "fascism" of course. You know it's the answer.

>> No.14079095

>>14079056
do you want me to re-type it out every time we discuss this? these pastas just give us a thread-floor baseline from which we can push off

>> No.14079219

>>14079095
It's hilarious you think you're any different than the people you think you're insulting. What you copy and pasted applies to you more than them, but you're too blind to even understand why that is the case. At least they have the excuse of unwilling ignorance, something you willingly gave away without realizing what you were giving away. All that you have that differentiates you from them is an unwarranted sense of superiority and a chip on your shoulder.

>> No.14079284

>>14079219
you seem to be assuming a lot about me. maybe youre not very bright

>> No.14079304

>>14079219
Not one if the pastamen, but this is just a try hard pointless comment. Nothing wrong with sharing a previously written iteration of a thought if it's pertinent and poignant like the pastas so far in this thread.

>> No.14079315

>>14078904
Posting seriously, this one really struck me. What is a young man supposed to do in the face of this? I was feeling pretty depressed already, but this really turned up the existential dread. What am I even living for?

>> No.14079340

>>14079304
It's not pertinant or poignant lol. Watch fight club if you think anything said in this thread was smart or special, you'll see it expressed much better in that cheap movie that was very popular among the people that you guys think you're better than. Listen to shitty punk music and you'll find the same sentiment done even better.

>>14079284
I'm not assuming anything about you. I already know you're a loser with no talents who takes pride in things other people make and think you're better than other people who are just like you: mindless talentless loser consumers. Play the role of apathetic and detached as much as you want, you and I both know that what I have said is completely on the mark.

>> No.14079361

>>14079315
Find God. Unironically. And whatever the path you decide to choose. Doesn't have to be Abrahamism

>> No.14079368

>>14079340
yikes

>> No.14079372

>>14077939
>>14079219
based
>>14079284
>>14079304
pseud

>> No.14079389

>>14079315
To add on to this, I’m posting on a device made in a Chinese sweatshop like most of you. Reading Ancient Greek stories binded in mass manufactured books from a factory and getting swole in an air conditioned artificial gym so I can feel superior to normies who watch marvel movies is only worth so much. Anyone living in modern society is not much different than the “bugmen” we look down on to feel better about ourselves. I don’t feel I have the strength to make a difference in the world.

>> No.14079469

what books can i read that deal with this subject? what book best encapsulates the feeling of dread of being recommended another instagramable location, or of having to talk to a friend who works in online marketing about how his girlfriend is a corporate ho?

what book rails against the mediocrity of collecting immature bourgeois status signifiers forever?

>> No.14079477

>>14079315
find a fringe group of extremists that can give you a sense of purpose, that has worked historically for aimless men. what type of extremism isn't important.

>> No.14079493

>>14079469
Ellul, Lasch, Mcluhan, Gasset etc.

>> No.14079508

>>14079034
It's not entirely true. It might be true to a higher degree in Northern US, where everything is a marketing campaign anyway, but in the West in general, or in the 2nd world, or anywhere else... Not so much.

>> No.14079514

>>14079493
i'll check them out, but any chance of getting a narrative recommendation? like a novel with a story?

>> No.14079518

>>14079469
>collecting immature bourgeois status signifiers
nice

>> No.14079528

>>14079361
Blog post incoming.

I used to be Catholic. I remember being in a Catholic private middle school. God was very real and literal to me then. Whenever I was suffering the idea of God and heaven gave me comfort, and that everything was apart of his plan. I would be careful not to have ugly thoughts as God was always reading them. I literally didn’t fap at all, that’s how strong my belief was. This was a type of tyranny, but a comforting one. Like a child and their parents who looked out for your best interest, even when denying what you desire. Near the end of 8th grade I was exposed to Protestant critiques of Catholicism, and expanded my readings to other cultures and listened to atheists debate. Basic bitch atheist gotchas like “the problem of evil” and considering the billions of people following other religions like Hinduism or Islam caused my cognitive dissonance to grow until I couldn’t reconcile my beliefs with the implications. I experienced my own personal Nietzsche-like “Death of God” that I’m still coping with. The thing is I don’t like Nietzsche’s suggestion of becoming an amoral Ubermensch psychopathic figure that craves power and the ability to exert its will on the world. It all seems so hollow. I don’t think I have the strength to create a framework to overcome nihilism. I also don’t really have a strong believe in alternative spiritual explanations of the world. I don’t really know where I’m going with this, I just felt the need to vent.

>> No.14079560

>>14077350
>haha your blood isn't made of wind? What are you, a bug-man or something?
You aren't self aware, anon. You just have a vague idea of what being self aware sounds like. Call out a large quantity of people at once, then hide behind catch-all terms. Just keep telling people to fear the big "They"; everyone, but also noone in particular. Don't want to narrow your target audience down, right? Because while on the one hand you're trying to make people feel superior to the majority, the majority is also your target audience. I can at least applaud you for speaking against desensitization, but the "unclaimed heritage" you mention only feels so unclaimed because it's a dream that never even existed.

>> No.14079590
File: 1.80 MB, 1240x1754, 1520289700925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14079514
The quintessential bugman experience.

>> No.14079622

>>14079340
You're getting off making fun of those you see as your lessers because you think they're getting off on making fun of those they see as their lessers. You're the pseud's pseud my guy.

>> No.14079630
File: 24 KB, 512x512, 1517897772847.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14077366
>I believe so. /lit/ is like the holdout for America's cafe culture that never came. disillusioned young men talking big ideas and trying to understand themselves and their place in a dehumanizing world
>>14079308

>> No.14079649

>>14079528
>I also don’t really have a strong believe in alternative spiritual explanations of the world. I don’t really know where I’m going with this

Can I recommand you perennalism?
I used to be like you and it reconcilied me with religion. Like, it shows, without any syncretism, how all religions are reaching for the same goal, the same God, even if that God take different personae, sometimes a hundred of ones like in paganism.

The transcendant unity of religions by frithjof schuon is a good book on that. You can find it on the net, I believe.

>> No.14079657

>>14079622
No I'm not getting off on it at all. I'm stating stuff very clearly and then people like you and the people I am telling the truth to project their own intentions on my actions. I'm literally just stating facts that stand on their own and since nobody can point out where those facts are incorrect (because they're not incorrect), people like you then react in the predictable manner of attacking my personal character. I'm not making any claims about myself or saying I stand apart from the masses of pitiable individuals, you're reading into what I'm saying because you won't admit to yourself what I have admitted to myself a long time ago.

>> No.14079661

>>14079657
remarkable

>> No.14079667

>>14079661
No refutation to what I said.

>> No.14079681

>>14079667
wow, damn

>> No.14079702
File: 94 KB, 960x720, 1524204093888.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14079528
stop being gay and come home to your mother Church. seriously, your whole worldview (as well as the fate of your immortal soul) is based on peer pressure. i mean wtf
>i was happy and i loved God, and i didn't indulge in negative thinking or masturbation, then i said fuck that because i didn't want to seem dumb to the prots.
fuck prots btw. these are their fruits.

>> No.14079732

>>14079657
>I'm not making any claims about myself or saying I stand apart from the masses of pitiable individuals
Fair enough. I just found it cheap to rag on people sharing pasta that effectively points out that the condition is pitiable.

>> No.14079734

>>14078896

soon brother.
>Soon

>> No.14079758

>>14079732
It's not cheap. It's just unpleasant and not feeding into the circlejerk of underachieving losers on this website who want to feel a superiority complex the easy way without even doing anything. It's much healthier to arrive at this sort of understanding about humanity through a few years of genuine well-meaning albeit futile work in a genuine manner than just sniping from an anonymous message board. At least then you have money and a comfortable place to despair from than what the people on here have, which is being in a dorm working for a meme degree that they won't realize is even worse than having no degree at all in ten or twenty years.

>> No.14079804
File: 80 KB, 656x437, dag1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14079361
wish i knew how to worship the great old ones

>> No.14079811

>How do I write good copypastas?
Ive realised that the main reason I come to /lit/ is im astounded by how good the copypastas are, often I find myself reading a post here and not knowing if its pasta or not, I guess the line is blurred because any pasta worthy post automatically becomes one.
>I want to be able to write out those long, incredibly preposterous posts and come back after a few days and see it posted again by someone else and to chuckle knowingly at it.

>> No.14079848
File: 191 KB, 1280x720, 7E2E6115-4535-464F-9B66-FC5C06EB22A4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14079649
I am actually somewhat familiar with perennial philosophy and universalism. I find reading about other religions interesting as it provides a glimpse at human nature and what lies in the inner programming of our psyche. Sort of like Jungian archetypes. I also like reading reports about the common experiences of people who take psychedelics, such as the bizarre geometrical patterns, for the same reason. As for a literal metaphysical perspective, I really struggle to wrap my head around it. I can barely understand the meme I’m posting for example, and it’s hard for me to believe in the reality of most metaphysical ideas I think I somewhat understand. I will have to read more.

>>14079702
The Protestant critiques and past Church misdeeds just revealed that Catholic interpretations of Biblical literature might be flawed, and that much of the upper Church hierarchy has had ulterior motives behind which doctrine they’ve decided to espouse. Once you realize Catholicism might be wrong, it doesn’t take much to realize that Christianity as a whole could also be wrong. Especially once you consider other religions. The atheist critiques were much more significant personally, and I think losing God was somewhat inevitable as I learnt more, matured, and really thought about why I believed what I did. The death of my personal God was tragic, but I don’t think I can go back to that strong sincere belief knowing what I know now.

>> No.14079916

>>14079848
Your meme is full of pseudo-jargon to make it appear smarter than it is. Doesn't make it false, though. Metaphysics is not that complicated when stripped of the big scary words.
In fact, advaita can be explained in really simple words even a child can understand.

If strict metaphysics is not for you, try reading about artistic depictions of the divine. It is as legit as studying ontology with Aquinas.

Aurobindo Ghose is a good one for that
>The universe is not merely a mathematical formula for working out the relation of certain mental abstractions called numbers and principles to arrive in the end at a zero or a void unit, neither is it merely a physical operation embodying certain equations of forces. It is the delight of a Self-lover, the play of a Child, the endless self-multiplication of a Poet intoxicated with the rapture of His own power of endless creation.

http://sri-aurobindo.in/workings/sa/16/0031_e.htm#the_delight_of_being

>> No.14080002

>>14079340
I've never seen so much projection in one post. You are an angry little runt, aren't you?

>> No.14080022

>>14077350
No. /lit/ is pleb compared even to my high school classes. A proper European uni class wipes its ass with this board. (At least mine do. I do pity those who missed out on such opportunities.)
Internet spaces are, in fact, the most bugman of all places, disembodying and turning everything into a game of signs and symbols with no physical objects that could carry any consequence for a human being, a blatant realisation of poststructuralist understanding of text (that /lit/ despises and fears), nightmarishly impotent, fuelled by capitalism and human weakness. This site is a sad, sad shadow of what it imagines it is, in fact being mere autistic mumbling in a damp cellar, being so disconnected from the tradition and reality that he actually believes his critiques of this and that are something novel, true and good, and not recycled concepts, already uttered and forgotten even before he was born. OP is a prime example - describing drunkenly and hornily to a woman how he would fuck her in fifty different ways, but deeply fearing how she'll react when he finally pulls down his pants to do it.

>> No.14080049

>>14080002
No, in fact I'm better looking, smarter, more accomplished, taller, and more successful (both personally and externally) than you. Unlike you, I have tasted the fruits of things that are idolized and can tell you that they are without merit. That won't stop you from coping and reaching for things out of your reach, but it is amusing to me, a person objectively superior to you in every manner you can imagine.

>> No.14080059

>>14080022
Dear me. You clearly have a lot of ideas mixed in with all that self-importance, but they're not very cogent. Fair comment on the semiotics of this shitty site, but /lit/ is one of the only boards where they don't have much currency. As for the rest of it, your post was just a mess of unwarranted contempt. Also, if you're going to try and embellish your writing don't half-commit and just pepper it with overly extended description that puts on airs without backing it up without any meaningful content.

>> No.14080069

>>14080049
You wouldn't be fantasising like that if it were true. By all means, paint a profile of yourself and we'll compare. I expect you won't, because in all likelihood you'll be shown up, but the gauntlet has been thrown down if you're not as cowardly as you seem.

>> No.14080085

>>14079528
>Catholic private middle school.
Seriously one of the biggest scams of the Catholic church. Almost everywhere else in the world, the Catholic school is free, willing to give you a uniform, take orphans, and usually has a mission to educate the poor. Those all teach Catholicism and a classical education, making "the problem of evil" the type of thing people will stare at you like you have ten heads over because it means you're Protestant or Muslim or something else weird to not know the answer by middle school age. In American schools where parents pay through the nose to get their kids in, high school students don't know the difference between veneration of the saints and worship, let alone the patron saints of common causes.

>> No.14080100

>>14080069
I'm not cowardly, I'm better than you. There has been no gauntlet thrown, because we both know you're a loser college student with nothing to show for it. You probably took out loans to go to college or your parents paid for it. You still aren't really sure why you're even there, because in the back of your mind you wonder why you can't just read the stupid fucking meme books that you read in class, at home. You surround yourself with mediocrity and thus can't even recognize when somebody with actual real world experience and both real world victories and real world defeats goes out of their way to tell you how things really are. You'll ignore this because in your mind it's impossible to be so self-evidently wrong.

>> No.14080115

>>14080100
So, you are a coward who refused the challenge presented to him. A challenge that consisted of nothing more than even PRETENDING not to be a servile failure with a hilariously outgrown sense of self-importance.

>> No.14080120

>>14077358
because ww2 was cut short and the dialectic was interrupted so it needs to repeat itself now

>> No.14080124

>>14080115
So you'll just pretend not to have read what I said because it's obviously true. Keep on ignoring it lol

>> No.14080131

>>14077862
>modern life is a giant advertising campaign geared at 20yos, and when you're no longer in its target demographic you're just discarded and have to live off scraps for the remaining decades of your life
fuck

>> No.14080165

>>14080124
I read what you had to say. It had nothing to do with me whatsoever. I have purpose. Other than that, I shan't tell you a thing about me until you pick up the gauntlet, you worm.

>> No.14080189

>>14077862
Fuck yeah I fucking did this. But now I want to kill myself.

>> No.14080197

>>14080189
Became an autodidact? Why does that make you want to commit suicide?

>> No.14080240

>>14080197
>Why does that make you want to commit suicide?
Lack of purpose. This part is so true
>Especially once you start to crest thirty you really realize modern life is a giant advertising campaign geared at 20yos, and when you're no longer in its target demographic you're just discarded and have to live off scraps for the remaining decades of your life.
There is nothing after that stage of development. All jobs are about selling shit to young people. Worker experience doesn't matter. I wanted to matter in some way. I just don't wanna wagecuck. I don't want to work a job that makes no sense for that much time, to earn barely enough money to eat and pay bills. It's a nightmare, it's slavery. I don't give a shit if people think I am lazy or entitled.

>> No.14080247

don't you get tired of repeating this NRx drivel? the shallow level of analysis here is really cringe

>> No.14080274

>>14080240
god, why dont i have the balls to drop out of society and spend the rest of my days toiling in some shitty artist commune eating garbage and sleeping on a mat atop the concrete but feeling like im at least partially using this big consciousness machine nature accidentally put in my fucking skull?

is this why people join the army? because at least then i could just ignore my worries altogether, except when in danger, when hopefully the adrenaline would take the reins.

>> No.14080281

>>14080165
le shan't le gauntlet like a total sir lmao, definitely not a fucking stupid undergrad in college with no life experience. Very adroit of you, my dapper gentleman.

>> No.14080316

>>14080274
Because you can only get off this ride as a dead man. they made so that it's impossible to function outside this system. Even if you go off the grid and become self-sufficient, you will be a pariah.
I think the only way to pull this off is getting started with ascetic discipline.

>> No.14080361

>Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I also.
You will never find what you seek in the public square. Find a friend; find two friends, if you can. That is all you can hope to do.

>> No.14080615

>>14080316
interesting question: why doesn't the contemporary post-modern neoliberal dehumanizing system, where even the most basic of human relationships is mediated by standardizing algorithms that prevent deviance from the prearrenged set of permitted outcomes, produce more ascetic hermits? Is it just that - being outside of the social network, they aren't known to the bugpeople?

>> No.14080622

>>14077862
>>14078131
>>14078895
>>14079469
Great thread, keep going

>> No.14080651

>>14079315
Anon, you ended that sentence with a preposition.

>> No.14080710

>>14077350
The most /lit/ place you can go to is your favorite chair with a good book. I agree with other anons--it sucks there aren't more spaces like /lit/, for all its faults, out in either the real world or the digital one. But the interests pursued here, on this board, have never been common ones. It doesn't necessarily make them better or worse, just different. Most normals won't get it, because they don't have to. The only reason we're here is because our needs aren't met by the overculture at large. Again, that doesn't make niche interests better or worse--a shithead who reads Joyce and Kierkegaard is still a shithead unless they're willing to change or self-examine--but the niche qualities of what we do here means that we need to fight harder than most to make sure places like this exist.

I'm glad I found this place--again, for all its faults--and I hope others can experience that same feeling. We're all we've got on here or out there, anons. We just need to make the most of it.

>> No.14080759
File: 111 KB, 233x262, cricket 11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14078875
It's been that way for a while, but it's still depressing to see. I feel like I'm finally in touch with the oldfags who came before me, looking on in sadness at the sorry state of their boards.

The only reason I'm still here is for the hope. The hope that every now and then a light shines through the ruble of this sordid ruin.

I can only hope more /pol/utants take the read pill.

>> No.14080791
File: 263 KB, 1200x1200, 1A6FC356-A191-4382-9E02-2D0A4CB1AB34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14080651
Not being allowed to end sentences with a preposition is a high school level English myth equivalent to requiring paragraphs to exclusively be 3-7 sentences in length.

>> No.14080808
File: 134 KB, 800x675, 67BF704B-7292-497D-A26D-0A94F71255AB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14080791
https://thecriticalreader.com/end-sentence-preposition/

>> No.14080890

>>14077350
bad imitation of the menaquinonian/aphoristic tweet-prose

>> No.14080911

>>14078896
soon, comrade, soon.

>> No.14080917

>>14079020
I remember that. Pretty sure it was LARP or at the very least that anon know this idea would actually turn into a complete shitshow, but it was fun.

>> No.14080925

>>14079811
I've had a couple posts be capped and reposted, I find the key is to get drunk and sad enough that you want other people to validate your sadness but not sad enough that their validation is meaningless. So essentially just write like an attention whore.

>> No.14080955

>/lit/
>resembling cafe culture at all
You know they talked about books, right? I doubt F. Scott Fitzgerald busted into the deux magots and started screaming “I HATE NIGGERS AND WOMEN” and Gertrude Stein was in the corner asking about books that would make her feel like killing herself less

>> No.14080961

>>140773558
In the end it's just socialism for a more limited group of people.

>> No.14081026

>>14079389
>device made in a Chinese sweatshop like most of you
What's your point? Doesn't lessen the utility in any way.
>binded in mass manufactured books from a factory
The content is still the same.
> air conditioned artificial gym
Seriously what the fuck.

You are trapped in fetishism. It matters what I do with the computers, it matters what I read, it matters how I lift. The books being hand written by a monk, the computers self-built and the training done in the wilderness with rocks, all this is insignificant. There may be some superficial similarities between me and "bugmen", just like with other farm animals, but rest assured we live in entirely different realities.

As for you, there are three options, become a human (I doubt you will succeed), wait for something to change until you die or kill yourself.

>> No.14081042
File: 214 KB, 345x336, 1564237590373.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14080955
>I doubt F. Scott Fitzgerald busted into the deux magots and started screaming “I HATE NIGGERS AND WOMEN”
it's a fucking shame he didn't

>> No.14081044

>>14077350
Are theses pastas written by that deplatformed bespectacled professor?

>> No.14081125

>>14080316
>they made so that it's impossible to function outside this system

Lmao at the excuses. How do you know this? Have you actually ever tried?

>you will be a pariah.

Why would this be the case?

>> No.14081132

>>14080240
>All jobs are about selling shit to young people.

Simply not true.

>> No.14081151

so stop the larp. read books. stop falling for shill bait and datamining. start indie publishing hubs. make music. dance. have fucking fun.

>> No.14081189
File: 840 KB, 5000x3365, kt face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14081151

>> No.14082222

>>14077862
>>14079034
>>14080240
Listen to Cum Town and become enlightened https://youtu.be/SRwL5ZMQsa0

>> No.14082730
File: 7 KB, 225x225, stowaway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14082222
Our only hopes of escaping are through becoming autodidact >>14077862 and cumtown

Is it a coincidence that Nick Mullen and Nick Land share name?

>> No.14082755

>>14082222
cum town is shit

>> No.14083050

>>14082755
>denying quads of truth

>> No.14083209

i hope the next hitler is a female dyke who kills all straight and bi-sexual ppl
pls end meeeee

>> No.14083540

Tl; dr

>> No.14084089

>>14077358
Tell us the proper way to react to this Judaic postmodern hellscape oh great sage.

>> No.14084143

>>14078875
Let's face it. /pol/ unearthed the truth hidden by the post war propaganda machine and this truth is spreading everywhere

>> No.14084163

>>14079219
It's almost like you're scared about this subject... You don't like anons thinking in this way?

>> No.14084166

>>14079340
Fight club was about bath house culture....

No wonder it lodged itself in your psyche anon

>> No.14084178
File: 382 KB, 500x775, plato.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14080759
The only real reason I come here anymore is to throw about 4-8 threads dealing with canonical authors up on the board to quell the political garbage spewing. Usually two of them stay for the night, which is of some solace.

>> No.14084185

>>14079657
> literally just stating facts...

Are you anon? What a smart boy you must be.

>> No.14084200

>>14079758
> It's just unpleasant and not feeding into the circlejerk of underachieving losers on this website who want to feel a superiority

More facts anon? Aren't you just the smartest cultural critic we've ever had on this board.

> It's much healthier to arrive at this sort of understanding about humanity through a few years of genuine well-meaning albeit futile work in a genuine manner than just sniping from an anonymous message board.

Because unlike you, everyone else on here ONLY has input from here. You however have led a rich, full and balanced life which has given you a broader perspective. If only the rest of the world had your vision, your wisdom and your intelligence.

>> No.14084207

>>14080100

> I'm a gamma - the post

>> No.14084212

>>14080247
Take us deeper anon. Lavish us with your insight.

>> No.14084219

>>14080615
Maybe you're not aware of them anon. Maybe they live in "caves".

>> No.14084222

wtf i hate modernity now

>> No.14084229

>>14080759
If you think you read more than /pol/ did (when it was good) you're probably mistaken. Now 8 is down and 4 is shilled to hell by hebrews and commies

>> No.14084252

>>14084229
dumb poltard

>> No.14084261

>>14079056
>don't preserve and disseminate written records of intellectual achievement
Imagine unironically posting this on a literature board.

>> No.14084268

>>14079056
This is basically what Walter Benjamin did in his Arcades Project and that turned out fine. There's nothing wrong with quoting others, and if to you the length of a post somehow invalidates it by turning it into something arbitrary like a "copypasta", then so be it

>> No.14084274

>>14084229
I'm guessing he read more real literature than most of them did. This board used to be about Faulkner, Tolstoy, and Shakespeare; not Hitler, Stalin, and Jared Diamond.

>> No.14084291
File: 46 KB, 321x446, mayakovsky_bookcover_lg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One day /lit/, we will destroy them all. Just be ready for that time

>> No.14084321

>>14084291
???

>> No.14084333

>>14080615
they kill themselves

>> No.14084340

>>14084291
how do i prepare?

>> No.14084368

>>14080281
Kek pseud btfo

>> No.14085008

>>14079056
Copypasta is superior because it's instantly recognizable as a cached thought, meaning people can more easily see which ideas are the genuinely new ones in a thread.

>> No.14085011

>>14084229
Fuck off back to 8gag.

>> No.14085064

>>14084178
You're already neck deep in 'political garbage' anon.

The prevailing liberal world view is a weapon against Western civilisation.

You're just not smart enough to notice it, yet.

>> No.14085087

>>14084274

It's almost as if you're not aware that there's a cultural war raging.

Not metaphorically but literally. 4th generation warfare is information warfare.

By not wanting to engage with the new counter culture you're tacitly fighting for the old.

Get used to it as this has barely begun.

>> No.14085128

>>14084274
There's still plenty of those threads. If you want to maintain your old world set up a new board?

/progressivelit/ has a nice ring to it don't you think? You can bitch about bad racists are and how white men are over represented in the canon to your heart's content...

>> No.14085201

>>14077350
>>14077862
I unironically feel this is true and that I’m forcibly shoehorned into the same bourgeois existence with them. It’s actually made me quite depressed and I’ve contemplated suicide on more than one occasion.

>> No.14085228

>>14080274
I actually agree with everything you said and I’m legitimately considering the army. At least there I can maybe go to war and find some sort self transformation or rare knowledge.

>> No.14085248

>>14078022
How did you do it though? I can barely afford to get by the way it is and they come knocking for my student loans whether I have a job or not.

>> No.14085264 [DELETED] 
File: 3 KB, 200x112, 200px-UniversalProperty-03.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

live can suck, but there's cool math to learn.
so it's not all that bad

>> No.14085280
File: 3 KB, 200x112, 200px-UniversalProperty-03.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Live can suck, but there's cool math to learn.

So it's not all that bad

>> No.14085283

>>14085064
>>14085087
>>14085128
You guys (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're multiple people) didn't even read what I write, did you? I'm mostly bitching about the communists and atheists, and WANT old white men to come back. Though if "let's talk about Dickens, not Hitler" pisses you off, then you're just as bad as they are.

>> No.14085296

>>14077880
This. In a world where the only purpose is increasing consumption and every metric is economic units, what does it matter if you have an activity you enjoy. There’s no transcendent basis in hobbies nor are they particularly important for someone if a heroic spirit. One really couldn’t imagine Herakles or Perseus engaging in hobbies.

>> No.14085324

>>14077350
tl;dr

>> No.14085384

>>14079469
Bronze Age Mindset (not being ironic)

>> No.14085432
File: 37 KB, 460x277, hut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14085087
I have a theory of mine, its all about being an urbanite clinging to monitors. You're a human. You need your nest, you need to learn useful skills, you need to sweat your hands with work, grow spiritually from reading and socializing and produce offspring from healthy mate who shares your spiritual world. You need to escape the city to escape all its pollution, both intellectual and physical.
If your body feels like it didn't grew, you will have life crisis and mental breakdown, not because you came to this conclusion on your own, but because survival instinct kicks in and takes over your brain for short period of time.
And you either change everything about you, or you become part of the urbanite mass with no fulfilling joy of actually living. And that urbanite mass is bunch of suicidal sociopaths, so backwards, they would only desire so everybody would live as unfulfilling as them.

That said, its only a theory. I want to connect mental break down of a man with his biological state and location. It play huge factor in how we ended up being enclosed in jail of sorts. Cities are like hives, designed to be prisons. At home you're in 4 walls of your room, at work you're in 4 walls of your office, always sitting on your asshole in front of bunch of monitors. It may severely hurt our mental health as human beings in next few centuries, because most people get addicted to usage of computers at home, and overworking themselves at offices. And then now we have mobile phones so even between home and job you're peering into your social network likes and replies, non-stop, not producing any intellectual or physical growth, just constantly weakening your brain on dopamine hits from cheap leisure, that you think you deserve from stress in office.

At least for physical health we still have people hitting gyms, but its only because its profitable, and people still manage to overdo it because of steroids and protein powder ads convincing them to "get big", and then die at 46. Because dumbbells are not a replacement for real physical work like building your own log cabin and protein powder will always be inferior to your own cooking. But books have no gyms of sorts, in libraries people no longer read, and reading became mostly a hobby for something hip to read, rather than intellectual, and it creates wast circles of people convincing themselves in propaganda of unhealthy popular political literature that wants to praise the most lazy urbanite like he some sort of worker for the greatest future of his country. Flattery, no more. And even that is mostly received from sketchy news websites, and books are just some catladies wanting small share of money for blatant propaganda.

Getting real tired of all of that. At times i just shut down the internet to enjoy inner peace. At times depression goes away when i do that alone and go read a book and exercise. Not all people have money to get out of city, country folk should respect their lifestyle more.

>> No.14085507
File: 28 KB, 499x481, 81613AA4-DBDE-4545-8129-956B9C429633.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy fucking cringe this board is filled with pretentious hipster fucking losers. You live your entire lives on the internet and think that’s how everything is lmaoooo

>> No.14085573

>>14085280
based initial morphism anon

>> No.14085584

>>14079034
fortunately beyond commodity culture there are many creative, productive avenues of development available to you

>> No.14085968

>>14085432
>Because dumbbells are not a replacement for real physical work like building your own log cabin
If you live in the city, any physical work you do is going to be makework outside of working a construction job. I think figuring out a way to fix that is the primary problem of 21st century urban systems design.

>> No.14086162
File: 1.07 MB, 1920x1280, 10753421_7107c312ea908d7579efc1c898e392fc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a theory that people will evolve some sort of physical "condition" to adapt to heavy phone and monitor usage at large.Either our necks will get really long from looking down all the time, or our upper backs will change to support the extra weight, or something.

But what really bothers me is how much of human life is fabricated, and not by those who would have our best interests at heart. Like take food for example; all of that is made by some corporation somewhere, owned by another corporation somewhere else. The same goes for all of our entertainment, hobbies, and general facets of life.

We basically already are slaves to the corporations because pf how much they influence our lives. If you want to do just about anything today, you have to bow to them in a way - and there is no real means of escape.

From time to time I consider how things would even work once they have a total, 100% hold on all of us (you could argue that they do already) and they decide to say "hey, this group no longer gets to enjoy the fruits of our (their) labor. cut them off." Would we just be screwed because, after all, the corporation initially created whatever they're taking away, and it wasn't really a thing that a human had any right to to begin with? Would we be able to say "no way, guy, this is everyone's!" and take it back? I don't know, but these days I really do think that we wouldn't win that one.

I guess what I really want to say is that I'm aware of how unreal our existence as humans has become. Everything is sectioned off, and you HAVE to fall into some kind of category or you'll be labeled as some weird guy, or worse, totally outcast. I don't like how everything is set up for me already, under the assumption that I have to enjoy X thing, or Y experience. What if I don't?

>> No.14086184

>>14086162
What?

>Like take food for example; all of that is made by some corporation somewhere, owned by another corporation somewhere else.

Not true.

>We basically already are slaves to the corporations because pf how much they influence our lives. If you want to do just about anything today, you have to bow to them in a way - and there is no real means of escape.

Not true.

>From time to time I consider how things would even work once they have a total, 100% hold on all of us (you could argue that they do already) and they decide to say "hey, this group no longer gets to enjoy the fruits of our (their) labor. cut them off." Would we just be screwed because, after all, the corporation initially created whatever they're taking away, and it wasn't really a thing that a human had any right to to begin with? Would we be able to say "no way, guy, this is everyone's!" and take it back? I don't know, but these days I really do think that we wouldn't win that one.

Some other nigga would sell equivalent shit to you if you had money.

>Everything is sectioned off, and you HAVE to fall into some kind of category or you'll be labeled as some weird guy, or worse, totally outcast. I don't like how everything is set up for me already, under the assumption that I have to enjoy X thing, or Y experience.

Simply not true.

>> No.14086243
File: 87 KB, 1024x518, 1469055363215-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14086184
Maybe not word for word, but I fee like you get my point. But I would like to hear your thoughts on why the things you picked out are straight up wrong.

>> No.14086250

>>14086162
>From time to time I consider how things would even work once they have a total, 100% hold on all of us (you could argue that they do already) and they decide to say "hey, this group no longer gets to enjoy the fruits of our (their) labor. cut them off."
Why exactly do you think you need cryptocurrency to buy a 4chan Pass? We're the ones being cut off.

>> No.14086258

>>14086243
that´s an ugly feet anon

>> No.14086292
File: 64 KB, 640x640, 1527808349064.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14086258
I'd like an 8 paged essay detailing why specifically.
jk jk (unless...?)
It's funny how much tastes can differ on something so relatively niche.

>> No.14086301

>>14086184
cretinous post

>> No.14086302

>>14086292
well i´m not a footfag but i like when a girl´s feet is clean and without an ounce of artifical color

>> No.14086320

>>14086250
That's a fear of mine, too. Purely digital currency (assuming that's the premise of what you're saying, though I fully accept that it might not be and I just want to share my thoughts) will be another form of severing our ties to each other (My band vs. theirs, similar to sports teams), and another means of control for whatever government entities get their hands on it.

>> No.14086825

>>14086243
Well, first for food. There is an endless number of small producers, stores etc. You can get to the source very easily, especially in Europe. Besides, what's wrong with corporation producing food ? There is always competition, so if a corporation tries to fuck you, you always have other options.

How are we slaves to the corporations? Even something monolithic like google or Nestle denying me service wouldn't really make my life difficult.

>Everything is sectioned off, and you HAVE to fall into some kind of category or you'll be labeled as some weird guy, or worse, totally outcast. I don't like how everything is set up for me already, under the assumption that I have to enjoy X thing, or Y experience.

Give me some example. This seems completely alien to me.

>> No.14086829

>>14086301
Do elaborate.

>> No.14086849

>>14086320
>Purely digital currency will be another form of severing our ties to each other
Why?
> another means of control for whatever government entities get their hands on it.
You do realize you use goverment issued money right now?

>> No.14086867

>>14086825
For the sectioned off comment, I meant more like how you sort of have a title for everything. A lot of times those titles are things that you 'have' to involve yourself in (friend group characterizations, hobbies potentially, political leanings) to stay around others, assuming that is your goal. It isnt so much that you have no interaction with anyone else who has differing opinions, it's more that everything about a human's personality can be categorized whether it's wanted or not

>> No.14086886

>>14086867
I still don't quite grasp what you are getting at. You don't like other people using heuristics or stereotypes on you?

>> No.14086893

>>14086849
So what I meant by it will be another form of severing us is that I imagine it being something like how they wanted that internet bill to be (I forgot the name, but basically the one that packaged websites how cable packages are with channels) where you can only buy certain things with X bank/provider. It could even end up like a samsung vs apple thing where people legitimately believe one bank is superior just because of some vague "bonus" they give for signing up with them.

Also the issue isnt that the money itself is government owned, it's that if it's digital, it is literally under their thumb in a sense. It would remove all person to person transactions, and things like a possible under the table jobs (for those who may need them) would become impossible. All transactions would have records too, which would mean all means of purchase would have to be "approved". Ie, you can't buy, say, cheaper medicine that isn't fda approved if you or someone you know needed it.

>> No.14086900

>>14077350
>being scare to be absorbed into the heteronormative status quo
>being this desperate to be woken
Must be sad to be you, you pitiful little man

>> No.14086903

>>14086886
No, the fact that most, if not all, ways of expressing yourself (the ones that are "acceptable" like bars, traveling to certain locations, social media) are set up by someone else, taughted as the thing to do, and there is very little room for movement within the group, we'll call it. You have to have a label in a way.

I'm gonna go to sleep though. Gotta have enough energy for class and wage slaving tomorrow.

>> No.14086913

>>14086893
>Also the issue isnt that the money itself is government owned, it's that if it's digital, it is literally under their thumb in a sense. It would remove all person to person transactions, and things like a possible under the table jobs (for those who may need them) would become impossible. All transactions would have records too, which would mean all means of purchase would have to be "approved". Ie, you can't buy, say, cheaper medicine that isn't fda approved if you or someone you know needed it.

Sounds like a credit card.

>> No.14087179

The thing I always find fascinating is that while these discussions are held over and over no one ever ends up taking the logical step and organizing an IRL group to fill the gap described itt. It's like everyone wants community but no one has any idea how to actually create one

>> No.14087307

>>14079361
This, desu. I don’t see other solutions to psychologically handle our world. When stable authority vanishes, when even religious structures don’t last anymore, one must be a prophet. One must feel the pull of the almighty. And give oneself to dark/new/light forces. If you’re trying to control yourself rather than letting a higher thing emerge through you, letting an unexplainable whatever control the limbs that are your limbs, idk what to tell you.

Deep and old and wise and new
The sun a murderous gold in tree
And fall the sky to bend the star
The tar in which a dragon rising

>> No.14087326

>>14079528
Idk what to tell you m8
God calls to you or doesn’t
For me, it was via trying too hard
As the old song goes, I tried so hard and got so far, but I messed it up
And I suppose around then I got a call of the divine to surrender myself and allow this greater holy thing to take power
Since then I’ve been out here not controlling my actions
Part of that has also been the devil emerging through me
Hellish forces
Perhaps I’ll be pure benevolence at some point

>> No.14087421

>>14078022

That bit stuck with me this read. I'm 30 now, and I've just come to realize what an absolutely interstitial being I am in terms of my upbringing and the modern world.

>> No.14087431

>>14085008

You just summarized the value of substantive literature's role in preserving society. Well done.

>> No.14087438

>>14087179
We don't live in the same place, anon. If we did, then we'd at least have that community.

>> No.14087446

https://nairaland.com/literature

>> No.14087447

>>14077358
Oh, what are they supposed to do? Flee to socialism, which replaces heaven off earth with hell on it?

>> No.14088189

>>14087179
I feel like that's the problem at large. You can have as many eye opening conversations as you want, but they're all ultimately pointless until the appropriate action is taken.

>> No.14088547

>>14087179
>take a loan/commit fraud
>put money in crypto
>go to a decently functioning third world country

Even easier if you manage to get a few friends together.

>> No.14088605

get off the internet you fucking virgins

>> No.14088763

>>14087438
Well you and I don't because I legitimately live in the middle of nowhere but there's no way there aren't multiple anons living in, say, NYC.

>> No.14088786
File: 1.21 MB, 3264x1836, 15725310039318923768206425009345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[Simple & Clean] and; sad, really, I swear. Truth. I see bookstores nowhere but mattress stores everywhere. Everything but books. Gawds forbid anything but book. Here and the sisters, the other Morai, your spawn- only place to find books. People actively disdain reading. Intelligent men of the mind proud they do not read. I came here against better judgement because I needed intellectual stimuli. I felt stupid and needed to see if I could understand just a little. I have taken no pills but O dropped braver and it helped. Thank you, /lit/. I owe you a lot.

>> No.14088996

>>14077350
it's because social media has destroyed the concept of the individual
the individual (implying indivisibility) is now the dividual (one's identity is divided with no clear picture of what a person should be)
the hypermodern dividual is both timeless, because anything older than 48 hours is irrelevent, and spaceless, because the real world comes second to cyberspace
we are all connected to nihilistic megapolitanism no matter where we are, every second, through our phones, TVs, the internet, we can never escape
the dividual has no past, no future, no nation, no religion, no morals, he is completely divided from what it means to be a human being, it's a totally new concept of being itself
mass shootings, transgenderism, doomers, neets, incels, all are a huge identity crisis, the greatest crisis of our age, stemming from modern technology

>> No.14089155

>>14087307
This Anon gets it. I like your "be a prophet." I hope God blesses you and yours, Anon.

>> No.14089265
File: 1.82 MB, 3072x4096, ca.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14085573
thx bra

>> No.14089816

>>14087179
Offsite advertising is banned so posts have probably been made and deleted.

>> No.14089823

>>14088786
>mattress stores
Definitely used for trafficking

>> No.14089933

>>14079657
>I'm not assuming anything about you. I already know you're a loser with no talents
you're not looking down on people? Great FACTS and KNOWLEDGE you got.
This has to be bait

>> No.14089988

>>14079009
i'll poopoo

>> No.14089999

>>14080955
>I doubt F. Scott Fitzgerald busted into the deux magots and started screaming “I HATE NIGGERS AND WOMEN”
fucking kek

>> No.14090319

>>14077862
official pasta theme. Listen to the lyrics of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa-ae6_okmg

>> No.14090626

>>14087431
>4chan copypastas are the substantive literature of Internet culture
God help us all.

>> No.14091747

>>14088786
I think you're the guy who posted that pic of those two pages in your notebook and on the left you had a rose going throughout the page. Even if you're not, could you post it again if you have it? It's such a terrifically beautiful mess. What's the meaning of it all?

>> No.14091855

>>14079031
And a million bucks

>> No.14092038

>>14077862
This thought pattern is unironically why I joined the military. Yes it's full of retards and degenerates (including me), and no it's nothing like it's made out to be, but holy shit at least it isn't this. I legitimately learned the joy of a sense of belonging with people who I couldn't possibly relate less to

>> No.14092047

>>14077350
It's been discussed to death that the postmodern world is sick, we all know it. the question I'd pose to anons is; where do you think it goes from here?

>> No.14092133

>>14079528
You kind of got messed up by getting too caught up in the noise, you really lost your will and cause and probably your humanity in there. Just come to learn how flawed human logic is (studying mathematics amd it's history is pretty fun for many reasons, but especially this). This world is not something we're equipped to reason through. Use your reason only for solving your direct problems you have control over. When it comes to the big issues people love to flounder and argue all about just look to guidance from God, he will never lead you astray. Overall just serve the cause of "good" always and fight the good fight simply for the sake of it. Don't look at what's in it for you or what the consequences may be, just simply do the right thing and that's all there is to it. Even if you are wrong and nothing comes from any of your effort, so? You lived life as a good man should, and as you chose to. The beauty of your ideal will far outshine any possible mistake, so go after it wholeheartedly in all acts small and great.

Also, trying to use your loss of faith as some kind of "awakening" would really just be a pathetic measure of trying to please your pride and ego, so avoid that if you can.

>> No.14092158
File: 144 KB, 619x1019, hesse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

THIS BOOK HAS ALL THE ANSWERS YOU NEED

>> No.14092187

>>14092158
Siddhartha takes place midway in Hesse's career and as such doesn't have the full force of his philosophy of life (remember that Hesse is a man who wrote five or six novels on the same subject). Not to say it's not worth reading, but it should be read in progression with his other major works.

>> No.14092343

>>14077358
You have to go back.

>> No.14092356

>>14080085
I'm not the guy you are replying to. But I see nothing wrong with paying for Catholic School in the US. For the most part, people in the US are wealthier and can afford to send their kids to a Catholic school (as they often are the cheapest private alternative). The Church can then redistribute that money to provide free education in areas that really are impoverished.

Furthermore, inside of America they can be quite generous as well. My final year of middle school my Dad lost his job and couldn't afford to send me anymore. But because I was a good student they allowed me to finish my last year for free.

>> No.14092382
File: 28 KB, 739x415, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14081044
>E Michael Jones?

>> No.14092433

>>14092038
It’s interesting to hear that. I’m out of college and have a job, but interested in joining the Military with similar reasoning. I kind of figured I was alone in that sort of logic.

>> No.14093001

>>14092433
I wanted to join the legion to hang out with different people than who I would have met otherwise.

>> No.14093082

>>14080615
>>14080615
Interesting insight, unknown unknowns are what got that Jesuit Trump elected.

I always enjoyed Jurrasic Park, its a great book on the designs of man never being perfect, we are the raptors who live outside the system?

>> No.14093244

>>14093001
I get the appeal. I’ve heard not great things about the legion.

>> No.14093249

>>14092356
So I actually went to Catholic school and then Prep school. There was some benefit to both for sure, but not much to be honest. I would say Preparatory school was more worth it because the education was a lot better and the teachers gave a shit. Catholic school had a few nuns who cared but overall it was just as low quality as public school and the “Catholic” education we received was pretty minimal.

>> No.14093636

>>14080120
Repeat it on the far end of the internet. Everybody with just a little bit of economical and historical culture understood that fascism is just Capitalism with a nice costume.

>> No.14093656

>>14092047
Automation centered mode of production. Leisure society were people can dispose of their time. Of course, there will still be more looser than ever, since even if you have most of your time available, it doesn't mean you'll use it to go to the gym in order to look like a greek god. Most likely the majority, especially the majority of white males, will get lost in VR. Because it's easy. And comfy. Just because of that. Nobody will force them. In the end, like in 100 years in the future, even strong willed man will get lost in VR. But it's hard to foresee the world in such a distant future.

>> No.14093682

>>14079630
This is the truth. I'm only on this board because I'm mentally ill.

>> No.14094168

>>14086162
There’s already been studies showing that some people have developed a bone protrusion “counter balance” on the back of their necks

>> No.14094208

>>14094168
Really? Where did you read that? Do you have any more details?

>> No.14094257

>>14080022
Unbelievably underrated take.

>> No.14094309
File: 189 KB, 344x702, I know more than you could possibly imagine.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14078904
Thanks for articulating how I've been feeling since I entered "adulthood." Society feels disparate, plastic, and ice cold. And if you weren't born or raised to have the ability to project desirable social traits on other people you will find yourself circling the drain of the social hierarchy. Human nature seems to be wholly dictated by indifferent evolutionary principles painted with a thin veneer of "humanness" or a general belief that we are somehow not driven by the same whims as any other beast or gene on this rock. The advent of globalization/internet has destroyed localization and effectively closed the mating pool for the "less desirable" individuals, allowing the select few to shop for the most desirable mate. Being a sociopath seems to be the best way to succeed in any given social hierarchy in the 21st century.

>> No.14094681

>>14091855
What do you need a million for? Warehouses are much cheaper. Anybody can scrounge up around 50k easily, more if you have a real job. Just put it into crypto and get to a third world country. Get a few friends to do the same if you need a huge building.

>> No.14095948

>>14079758
You claim to know everyone on this board’s lifestyle. You don’t

>> No.14096106

>>14088605
This

>> No.14096126
File: 1.57 MB, 960x960, no.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14094309
the elite and their inane apple commercial world they want us to imbibe for eternity are basically the cosmic abattoir's marketing team.

slap a smiley face on a meat grinder and calibrate it to pump out a few baubles every now and then to keep the proles happy and you've basically just given ialdabaoth tenure

>> No.14096161

>>14088996
Our identity has been coming apart long before social media. What is wrong with this? According to what you said the most unified identity would be to live in caves as hunter gatherers. To live like Ted Kaczynski. But I see this as an impotent way of life. It’s impossible to achieve fully and ignores all the good things modern life has provided for us of which there are many.

>> No.14096166
File: 1.75 MB, 3264x1836, CA27C9D4-5D65-4F01-A0FE-B96F8F373C72.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14091747
Not the guy but

>> No.14096170

>>14096161
Until you have taken a step outside the Omnicube and been exposed to another life-world, you're not really in a position to judge because there is no criterion of judgment. Your sample size is one.

those who aren't basically consumed and transformed into simulacra demons (go to /r9k/ if you don't know what I'm talking about), either succumb to the gravity of normie mediocrity, kill themselves, snap, or shitpost on literature chinese cartoon boards trying to articulate an actual way out

>> No.14096171

>>14088996
And to think all this could be avoided if we required internet endpoints to be manually crank started, with a resistance too much for women and children to use.

>> No.14096184
File: 132 KB, 1149x783, 1571266194133.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14077350
Hylics take too much space. They are here to give us the NPCs to the hellscape-setting we spawned in.

>> No.14096206
File: 1007 KB, 1500x542, 1572127408102.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14096184
based psychic, maybe even pneumatic, poster

>> No.14096229

>>14096170
Do you believe there to be a way out or not?

>> No.14096238
File: 16 KB, 318x474, DEED12D5-B456-4FFB-98B9-E936000E29D4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ya’ll niggas need to read this book

>> No.14096248

>>14096184
this made my day

>> No.14096264
File: 98 KB, 570x896, 1572369909816.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14096229
I wrote a longer post, but I guess I could just condense it to this. Can you take steps to decondition yourself? Absolutely, I've done it. As for what you were really asking? I don't know.

>> No.14096311

>>14078896
>I just can't handle knowing the rich wiener trust fund kids who buy $6 Starbucks drinks every day are really the endpoint of humanity.

They've always been the endpoint, since good stewardship of wealth and nations is frightfully rare and heavily fleeting. The trustfund baby (or heir) will always waste everything on frivolous shit, as any art museum will prove. Each heir throughout history caves to it's trending conspicuous consumption, most of which are quickly forgotten as time takes all.

>> No.14096333

>>14079848
>Metaphysics is not that complicated when stripped of the big scary words.

Metaphysics is also faith based, in that it's assumptions cannot be proven.

>In fact, advaita can be explained in really simple words even a child can understand.

Doesn't make it real, though.

>> No.14096337

>>14079804
Just surrender the authority of your worldview narratives and interpretations to somebody else, and you'll be on the right track!

>> No.14096344

>>14092038
Would you consider becoming a mercenary/soldier of fortune type?

>> No.14096349

>>14096264
I believe there to be no way “out” of capitalism. We are born into it and grow up with it. It will always be a part of us. To me this is a given. So what next then? Does this mean we cannot live a fulfilling life? I don’t know. I think a good life exists so I pursue it. Just because I don’t know I will attain it doesn’t mean I should stop looking.

>> No.14096381

>>14096349
Even the escape will be mediated by our knowledge of where we came from, and that so radical a break required capitalism as its condition. Even in wanting to tear ourselves away we're the sons of our time, although we're more like adopted sons.

That said, if you can minimize your culpability in this system, life is fucking grand.

>> No.14096389

>>14096161
>. It’s impossible to achieve fully and ignores all the good things modern life has provided for us of which there are many.
There's such a thing as striking a balance. Deliberate embrace of religion and tradition helps a great deal, and gives you a non-economic framework for interacting with people.

>> No.14096481

>>14087307
What if what you just described is no less than instincts, or ones sub-conscious will to live? All consciousness as we experience it is a post-hoc rationalization; that is, our image of the world is gathered by our senses, translated by our brain, and (metaphorically) projected as being. Our actions and decisions are also post-hoc; the decision has very much been made by the baser parts of our brain, our sub-conscious "being", and what we observe otherwise as being our decision is simply the end result, the euphoria or experience felt of the "realizing" or "Interpreting" the decision. Thus, when faced with something existential (something we perceive as threatening to our "Being") our brain reacts defensively and the end result is an "interpretation" or "narrative" of the experience that otherwise restores us to a setting that allows us to continue existing, and existing for the sake of primal, sub-conscious motivations (that we live, breed, and grow).

>> No.14096547

>>14080100
Mind sharing with the board what is it that you have accomplished?

Failing to do so will just brand you as a fancy liar.