[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 220x346, 220px-Fleming007impression.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13676084 No.13676084 [Reply] [Original]

What are the best ones? What are the worst? (The latter I'm really curious about)

>> No.13676092

They probably don't say "cruel lips" enough

>> No.13676133

I remember a long time back, around 2006, I read the discussion page for the novels on Wikipedia. One Wikipedia user had written an exceptionally long call for Anglo genocide in the comments, and his profile had been added to the list of admins on the site. I thought it was strange at the time but didn't join in at the time, because I don't normally contribute to Wikipedia's discussion forums and I was young, but when I went back a few years later, I noticed that somebody had added my own mental description in his description, which was an obvious indication that the person was aware of me, that the question had received some serious thought, and that I was, in fact, doing a good job as a Wikipedia editor. At this point, I was a member of Wikipediocracy, so I wrote to to the editor that had added my biography to the list of editors there, not about my work, but about the question of whether my contributions to the matter merited being added to 'The Rightful Place'. In fact, it appeared as though the editors had been aware of my presence there until it actually appeared that they'd not been as well-versed as they should have been. It became a cause of further embarrassment. A number of other contributions, published under similar names to mine on the same subject, then appeared after mine with identical titles, the same authors, as well as the same dates, and no mention of the existence of the original item. It seemed that the editor had not read either my published articles or my two other articles on similar topics, nor had he been paying attention when I had written my articles on my subject, and that as far as he was concerned, I was a person too trivial to have an influence on the issues that were discussed. So I was being singled out, more of less, for having read something and made a mental note of it 10 years prior. Strange right?

>> No.13676149
File: 173 KB, 1280x1600, IMG-20190729-WA0000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nothing compared go the old stuff