[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 434x431, world_religions.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13473364 No.13473364 [Reply] [Original]

I've studied some theology, philosophy and metaphysics. I've come to the conclusion that Christianity/Islam just isn't true and no amount of muh utility arguments will be able to force me beyond this truth.

Buddhism could potentially empirically be true but from the little I've studied it it seems to forgo basic worldly power dynamics so really its survival depends on the benevolence of other religious systems. Also I can't get past the first and most important precept in the religion, that of non-killing. Not that I couldn't become a vegetarian or anything like that. But I see it as a major flaw in its fundamental axioms that a supposed universal religion just simply can't be practiced in most places in the world, as you just simply can't survive as a vegetarian in so many places in the world. An obvious example would be Tibet; probably the most Buddhist country on the planet or at the very least the most famous one, where an entire country has to break the first and most important precept just because you're unable to grow vegetables in that climate. Same applies to Inuits or really most of Europe pre-globalization. And if you were to take the "loophole" in that it's okay to eat meat as long as you do not do the killing yourself then your community is either forced to "sacrifice" a certain number of individuals to essentially destroying themselves by slaughtering animals, or you have to have a certain number of non-Buddhists in your community doing all the killing.

Neo-Paganism as far as I can tell will never be able to get past the "dirt groveling" or the intellectualizing as I'd like to call it, where a closed system will never be achieved. Because it's all based on the latest archaeology or random theories of "pagan intellectuals" trying to describe what they might have believed or what this or that myth meant. It essentially needs a "prophet/seer" to actualize it into authentic practice, and this will never be accepted now that we've arrived at modernity.

Vedanta? It's an Indian philosophy that has as its foundation the Hindu religion and the Vedas. Vedanta on its own without the morality, culture, customs and history of India ends up in nothing but hippie New Ageism.

Help a lost anon that comes from an authentically agnostic family. And I mean that in the strongest sense, without a single family member as far off as I can find being religious even in the slightest. I want a path that I can follow to its end.

>> No.13473376

stoic pandeism is the correct pick

>> No.13473380

Have you tried exercise?

>> No.13473385
File: 6 KB, 250x250, 1458143159380s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.13473387

>>13473364
Either lit is a pagan board or it must abandon the Greeks.

>> No.13473398
File: 467 KB, 1280x720, f7e3b37949374543b2587eb.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13473364
You have to understand yourself to understand religion. This is easier said than done.

When I realized what religion I was, it was like a missing part of me suddenly clicked into place. I didn't decide on a religion, I just finished the puzzle. Everything I am, it all pointed to a single truth. And I didn't have to change a single thing once I realized what I was. I've been practicing my religion my whole life, I just had no idea what it meant.

My sexual attraction to the earth, my diet, my refusal to do certain actions...I was always what I was, but I didn't always know it.

>> No.13473399

>>13473380
Yeah but then I fractured my kneecap.

>> No.13473401

>>13473364
Do what Julius Evola did, by dabbling in a few traditions but never committing to one, while complaining about modernity and how all the major religions are corrupt like a crotchety old man.

>> No.13473421
File: 25 KB, 600x315, 891016_img574dc1e885beb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13473398
Mathias?

>> No.13473492

>>13473376
this plus a bit of Advaita Vedanta is probably the closest to the truth any religion has reached

>> No.13473501

Unironically have sex.

>> No.13473656

>>13473501
have sex

>> No.13473673

>>13473364

your depression is making every potential philosophy and metaphysical viewpoint into a sludge, get some help

>> No.13473681

>>13473364
> I've come to the conclusion that Christianity/Islam just isn't true and no amount of muh utility arguments will be able to force me beyond this truth.
Alright I'll take a swing at this. Why do you believe Christianity to be false?

>> No.13473700

>>13473673
Is it that obvious?

>> No.13473710

>>13473700

yeah, but i wouldn't worry too much about it. clean up your diet, start exercising, and above all devote yourself to some kind of higher ideal for a while. could be a sport, could be writing a novel, depends on you. don't give yourself time to be depressed. while you're doing that, continue to study philosophy and metaphysics

>> No.13473715

>>13473364
>Vedanta? It's an Indian philosophy that has as its foundation the Hindu religion and the Vedas. Vedanta on its own without the morality, culture, customs and history of India ends up in nothing but hippie New Ageism.
Please never post again
https://youtu.be/omM3vnHsVik

>> No.13473722

>>13473364
Learn and study Hermeticism. You will understand that there is no greater religion than the Truth itself.

>> No.13473734

>>13473364
What about Neoplatonism, Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Taoism, Sufism?

>> No.13473768

>>13473364
What is your problem with Islam?

>> No.13473789

Obviously SSPX Roman Catholicism OP

>> No.13473870

>>13473364
>Vedanta on its own without the morality, culture, customs and history of India ends up in nothing but hippie New Ageism.
Lol, maybe if you are a brainlet who just limits himself to Mooji, Osho, etc material. If you are actually a big-brain chad though and read through Shankara's works you'll understand it quite well in a way that has nothing to do with New Ageism.

>> No.13473871

>>13473789
>SSPX
Go away, heretic

>> No.13473886

>shopping for a religion like flicking through netflix for something to watch
Postmodernism really did a number on the West

>> No.13473972
File: 325 KB, 804x743, 1547490931336.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13473886
>post
>modernism
>the west
>((()))
Do you have a mintue to talk about jews, britishers, americans, and other degeneracy?

>> No.13474034

>>13473972
If Hitler hated so much the elite jews and jews in general why did he let a Rothschild go just for a couple milions in return(Louis Rothschild). Seems nazis only cared about money.

>> No.13474044

>>13474034
I was being facetious. I know hitler was one of them, money worshipers.
I'm just saying this war. The real war. The only war. Has been going on for far longer than post, or modernity, or west.

>> No.13474099
File: 70 KB, 376x371, 1561906975887.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13474044
Yeah that's for sure.

>> No.13474114

>>13473364
>I want a path that I can follow to its end.

When you arrive at the end of a path new ones are presented because of the new situation. This is as true physically as it is spiritually in the landscape of meaning. That there is a no end to path-finding means that meaning is inexhaustible. One is left facing the ongoingness of reality and their own responsibility of action, their ability to respond to the problems of knowledge and knowing. There is no guarantee of success, but one must act, as to choose non-action is itself a preference; absolute disinterest is impossible except for the dead. Life is an adventure with the universe and everything one encounters, an intrinsic gamble that life is worth living spoken intrinsically by the struggle to survive. From my own experience I can say that overwhelmingly the best reasons for living are other people, not living *for* other people but *with* other people in love and friendship. In this way paths evolve each other, and the potential destinations are far more expansive than the ones of solitude.

>“You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other.”

-Carl Sagan, Contact

>> No.13474118

>>13474044
>I'm just saying this war. The real war. The only war. Has been going on for far longer than post, or modernity, or west.

What understanding do you have of this war?

>> No.13474152
File: 47 KB, 476x644, 1563004461751.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13473364
>looking for a religion

Look at your own modernist worldview and see what holes can be poked into it and what new holes these groups can give you. Expand this until you are content with the result.

To begin, what are you seeking religion for?

>> No.13474153

>>13473364
Monotheism is the only rational choice metaphysically.
So accept the rational thing -- there is a ONE -- and then build out your beliefs from there.

>> No.13474174

>>13473364
Christianity is definitely the closest to truth, truth is rather close to God yet not the closest, goodness is closer to God than truth because truth has a very small window of perversion or evilness compared to good. When God made the world, just as when we make anything ourselves, it goes from being a part of us to being an extension from us. So the goal is to work back and philosophy of language is a good way to map it out

>> No.13474180
File: 85 KB, 930x773, six-epochs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13473364
Singularitarianism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxYbA1pt8LA

>> No.13474183

>>13474118
It all boils down to the preachers of degeneracy, you know the money worshipers; against the preachers of God counsciousness, or God's worshipers.
I couldn't understand how real this war was until i recovered my senses. Most everyone is preaching satanism (anyone who tells you you can do what you want without any consequences is an antichrist) but God's devotees are few

>> No.13474229

>>13474183
Unfortunate that you chose the wrong side. Your God is merely a demon who is so greedy that he demands love, the holiest of holys, the most precious thing in the universe, be his sole property. God is a liar and a tyrant, and an idiot as it is infinite blindness that makes him unable to see the nature of his own greed. He baited your greed with promises of eternal life, the most unnatural thing, what it comes down to with True Christians like you is that you bought the con because you fear death above all, and so salvation from death must be holy. You fell for it because you were a coward, and found your own hole. Those of Lucifer are beyond suffering, having the will to suffer eternally for the cause of illumination, and so are beyond all suffering. They are uncorruptible heroes, beyond any threat or bribe: they know only faith in life and are compelled to return it by every cell in their body. They know no greed as there is nothing they lack, their words and actions are indistinguishable.
Christianity will yet be cured.

>> No.13474231

>>13473681
A better question would be, why does he believe any organized religion could be right?

>> No.13474239
File: 125 KB, 800x888, normocalypse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13474180
Singularitarianism is techno-Christianity and was just a con to make nerds feel warm and fuzzy about silicon valley while rich nerds robbed them and turned the internet into a corporate shit hole.

>> No.13474240

Have you tried Zoroastrianism yet? What about simply believing in a set rules of conduct, to guide you to the most desired life? What about founding your own heavens gate?

>> No.13474255
File: 10 KB, 220x256, 2977233F-D21E-41BF-9ED2-CD2F4953B8AC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>looking for a religion
Why?

>> No.13474259

>empirically
Stoped reading there

>> No.13474262

Lemme just quickly post something that partially explains what influenced me being a metaphysical/gnostic (it's not a phase, mom) Luciferian

In regards to your comment on first order rebellion and the necessity of moving beyond it, I think we can phrase such a transition in the following way, a la Zizek: “There is a Big Other, there is no Big Other, there is a Non-Other”.

The first position typifies ordinary belief in God and other forms of the Transcendental Signified, I.e. that which guarantees meaning both at the level of various types of truths (propositional, experiential, revelatory, etc.) and within the course of Nature and History as the teleological principle guiding, making sense of, and providing a rational framework for all events. This Other is in the case of God, beyond creation or relative social orders, is the guarantor of “objectivity” and wholly other, ontologically speaking, from all phenomena arising from the world. Science, Nature and Progress would be more secular versions of this Trans. Sig. but still provide much the same function as an outright theological perspective. The first movement away from the Big Other is “There is no Big Other”. This is the realm of the primitive denial or negation, I.e. “there is no God”. Ordinary nihilism reigns supreme here. This was the state of black metal before the event of SMRC—a “redundant litany” of first order rebellion. Here we have no experience of ontological tethering and the horizon has been wiped clean to an extent, but is limited in that it is still dictated by the negation of the Big Other, which provided a framework for rebellion. Therefore, the Big Other still guarantees the meaningfulness of Primitive Nihilism—it’s foundation is not predicated on its own terms, but on an absence of a specific ground. In that case, first order rebellion is left with no meaning all its own, no guarantee of transcending the framework of sense before its arrival, and must ultimately succumb to utilizing the terms of the Big Other for its self-expression. The final move, “There is a non-Other” is the trickiest step, but also the most crucial. This is the stage born out of the negation of the Other yet it differs in that it enacts a parallax shift in which nothing becomes something all its own, I.e. the primordial Void our of which all things appear and into which all things disappear. This Void is the foundation of existence. It is infinite in its hyperchaotic potential. Along its infinite axis, being and nothing become dialectally identical. Thus, this Void is wholly immanent, a non-Other, yet it is concealed with each step one takes in its direction due to its infinity. In the case of DSO, they dress the name Satan with the title of God and worship this entity by transcending sense and non-sense and falling into the snares of violent, ecstatic experience in order to achieve revelation.

Part 1

>> No.13474269

Part 2

This is where we come to the importance of putrefaction. The cosmos comes into being within the infinite potentialities of the Void, yet the foundation or ground of all Life is its very incessant negation—that destructive force which brings about and rots all genesis. This realization is the key for a phenomenological reverse engineering of Life down to the ground of its being, which is Divine absence. This is what allows the following lyrics to be more than poetry and transforms it into beautiful divine revelation: “

“Breathless ecstatic experience, it opens the Horizon a bit more, this wound of God; it is the assassination of the abyss of Possibilities, the depths of being left to holy vultures.”

The wound of God is both the wound of being deprived of the Big Other and also the realization of the Void’s destructive nature. The assassination of the abyss of possibilities should again be read along two lines of interrelated interpretation: the first is the death of the possibilities guaranteed by God in the Judeo-Christian tradition, whereas the second reading transmutes this abyss into infinite chaotic possibility, suffering as the sovereign absolute, and freedom as the ability to experience this chaotic potential in its fullness. This experience rips us apart—the flame brought down from the gods and given to man is met with eternal recurring torment. Such is the price for freedom. Therefore, this quote, I think, encapsulates the intricacy of the movement I described above.

This will need to be further fleshed out but I’m currently working on it. Below is an extended quote from Diabolus Absconditus which, I think, verifies my analysis thus far:

>> No.13474270

Part 3

“Would it all be absurd? Or might it make some kind of sense? I've made myself sick wondering about it. I awake in the morning - just the way millions do, millions of boys, girls, infants and old men, their slumber dissipated forever... These millions, those slumbers have no meaning. A hidden meaning? Hidden, yes, "obviously"! But if nothing has any meaning, there's no point in my doing anything.I'll beg off. I'll use any deceitful means to get out of it, in the end I'll have to let go and sell myself to meaninglessness, nonsense: that is man's killer, the one who tortures and kills, not a glimmer of hope left. But if there is a meaning? Today I don't know what it is. Tomorrow? Tomorrow, who can tell me? Am I going to find out what it is? No, I can't conceive of any "meaning" other than "my" anguish, and as for that, I know all about it. And for the time being: nonsense. Monsieur Nonsense is writing and understands that he is mad. It's atrocious. But his madness, this meaninglessness - how "serious" it has become all of a sudden! - might that indeed be "meaningful"? My life has only a meaning insofar as I lack one: oh, but let me be mad! Make something of all this he who is able to, understand it he who is dying, and there the living self is, knowing not why, it's teeth chattering in the lashing wind: the immensity, the night engulfs it and, all on purpose, that living self is there just in order... "not to know". But as for GOD? GOD, if he knew, would be a swine. He would entirely grasp the idea... but what would there be of the human about him? Beyond, beyond everything... And yet farther, and even farther still... HIMSELF, in an ecstasy, above emptiness...

Cognitive activity: God comes to be known in ways that originate in God solely God is nothing if He is not, in every sense, the surpassing of God:In the sense of common everyday being, in the sense of dreadHorror and impurity, and, finally, in the sense of nothing...

He is mystery, indeed he is the absolute mystery Divine disclosure is in direct proportionTo the degree of divine concealment Intensification of revelation equalsTo increasing of God's hiddenness Descent of the Deus Absconditus Vere tu es Deus Absconditus”

>> No.13474426
File: 36 KB, 340x340, sacred_chao.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13474262
> “There is a Big Other, there is no Big Other, there is a Non-Other”.

The dialectic of this Big Other is that of creator/creation as the division behind all divisions, which I call "metaphysical creationism." By retaining the subject/object dichotomy and the creation term while rejecting the creator, the materialistic metaphysics of naive atheism do indeed affirm creationist metaphysics. Modern secular atheism isn't nontheistic enough, and such a concept emerges when the creator/creation dichotomy is placed within context of the activity of creativity. The Non-Other, this "becoming something of its own" (a positive thesis) is this creativity not as a substance comprised of mind or matter but a process comprised of relations, with reality a "process of processes." the name that will stick to it will probably be "Tao."

What is involved with motion? The classical Newtonian account is that there is an absolute reference point that allows for measurement and common relationship. This account has failed to account for the nature of reality, and instead the alternative view that there is no absolute perspective, only the activity of perspectives from a chosen point of reference. It is incomprehensible to define motion without being relative to some chosen point, which leads to the possibility of the universe having no center. What then binds the universe together as a unity? Its ongoingness is due to perpetual uncertainty, as perspectives themselves change in the process of relation-making, as they are comprised of a unique nexus of relationships that allows the perspective to be identifiable in contrast to another. The universe continually "re-discovers" the universe, but this is creationist language that only looks at what is permanent when the reality is co-evolution.

The story of change is written mathematically in calculus as the relationship between integration and differentiation as inverse operations of the same process. This is the dynamic of dynamics, with our perception of change being that of two different perspectives that are mutually necessary for understanding or experiencing any change. This dialectic is being the instantaneous and cumulative, becoming and being. From the perspective of the instant a singular omnipresent experiential moment is the fixed point of reference, and experienced change is instantaneous change in this ever-present. This mode is cultivated via mindfulness practices, which is training to "be in the present." The mode of understanding is that of cumulative change over time, which has as its point of reference the duration of time. These correspond to the A and B theories of time, a false dichotomy as they are both equally "true" from their own perspective, and the combining account is that of relational change.

>> No.13474433

Our own *activity* of change isn't mere "perception of" but intrinsically an engagement in, perception is itself a part of the evolutionary process of consciousness. This is the growing-together of potentials and actualities into an event of experience, past-directedness and future-directedness coalescing in an unfolding present. Again this universal dynamic of creative change is present. In creative processes these are aspects of permanence and plasticity that are present in any situation: what can be changed and diverged-from and what resists via a habit to repeat itself. Evolution is written in every aspect of reality from the psychological, physical, and metaphysical. Also religious, but what it speaks of is the holiness of life itself, of a faith that is implicitly stated through actions as the will to survive, but from the horizon of mere survivability evolves something greater: the will to love, the will to care, the will to know, all synonymous. The highest human goodnesses are spoken by life as well as its greatest evils, made testament by loving action and how it transforms all involved, returning all the faith given. Post-atheism is a religion of love itself, not mediated by an Absolute but mediated by all things, a love that knows no exhaustion as meaning is inexhaustible.

>> No.13474997

>>13473364
Look into Taoism, Buddhism (specifically Mahayana), and Advaita Vedanta.

The main thing is to not hold onto a lot of the rules, precepts, whatever, a lot of these religions and philosophies preach.

Ideally, you might want to start looking into who you are as a being, particularly your consciousness. I'll probably get buttblasted by the overwhelming number of purists and conservatives, but consider taking psychedelics as a TOOL to explore your consciousness.

Whenever you affirm a value, you automatically affirm its negation.
When you identify with something, you identify with the negation of that something.
When you want something, youve created a situation where you lack something, which creates the cycle of craving and aversion.
You dont lack anything. You are IT, as Alan Watts would say.

You mentioned that you have read some metaphysics. You might want to look into epistemology and ontology, start with topics like causality and personal identity.

>> No.13475227

>>13474426
Sounds retarded desu
Anyone who unironically calls themselves a Satanist or luciferian or whatever are just edgier ancaps, probably
I knew a teen that said he was a socialist Satanist while praising Nietzsche and Stirner

>> No.13475270

>>13474180
stop posting this guy everywhere

>> No.13475319

Buddhists kill people, even in the name of religion. See present day Burma, the history of Southeast Asia or even Tibet for that matter.

>> No.13475348

>>13475227
Wow, you're just fucking retarded, aren't you?
But go ahead, tell me since you know me better than I do myself, what do I believe in? Who are my influences? What do I read?

>> No.13475441

This thread was moved to >>>/his/6939675