[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 12 KB, 578x566, 274AFE35-B179-466E-BAA2-ABA3ABD27876.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13145253 No.13145253 [Reply] [Original]

I fucking HATE the Beat Generation, it’s the fucking no. 1 spark of faggotry and useless counterculture in a decent period of time with a more than decent like of literature before it. If I could go back in time I would slice off Allen (((Ginsberg)))’s eats off and make him eat it while I shove a copy of Howl in his ass.

>> No.13145259

>>13145253
A very poor choice of pic.

>> No.13145405

>>13145253
Alright, I'm gonna defend the beats for the thousandth fucking time on this board. Things the Beats did that neither you, nor anyone of your generation, did:
>formed an artistic circle with a variety of poetry and prose
>traveled across their country in a free-wheeling, romantic manner
>they WROTE about their experiences in an effective way, not overwrought with decorous language and style choices...just spewed their emotions and experiences in their little circle.

I don't read the beats for the quality of their writing style...it's for the senses and emotions they evoke when they tell us about the lives they actually lived while TRYING to be real writers. That counts for something.