[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 154 KB, 964x1388, 214356789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13108557 No.13108557 [Reply] [Original]

Guys help me understand
Does the capacity for morality come from the noumenal world?
Is the a priori thought a noumenal thing?

>> No.13108566
File: 263 KB, 750x846, 1554330413658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Time is not an empirical concept that is somehow drawn from experience. For simultaneity or succession would not themselves come into perception if the representation of time did not ground them a priori. Only under its presuppositions can one represent that several things exist at one and the same time (simultaneously) or in different times (successively). Yet, in delineating, nay distinguishing, unto others, all pedagogy proves useless, as the upon the spot, is lost, and becomes an hour, two hours, three hours for a cup of coffee—the preparation, deliverance and hitherto pouring of coffee (COFFEE!), is lost, and becomes an agonizing wait. *Calls out to kitchen* Where is my coffee, Herr Lampe? *pounds table* I insist it must be brought upon the spot. Herr Damen, I apologize, for this good-for-nothing Lampe. I shall exclude him from the will. No, no that would be unright but a topic for another time, dear sirs; oh Lampe, a friend in need is a friend indeed. As we wait, it should be recounted that coffee was brought to Europe from Ale-Gears—no, no no do not interrupt, that is how it is pronounced— brought to us by the Moors of Barbary. Do not get me started on them, gentlemen. A treacherous and lecherous people who did not even touch the drink. You will not want to hear this but they have no plans, awake at noon, debase themselves several times a day, they do not learn the written word, they piss on the streets, then, after weeks of idleness, they will get a ship and prey upon vessels in the Mediterranean, they take wives, live in straw huts and eat cakes all day. I hate them *pounds table* Herr, Schultz, don't look so shocked. I told that damned König what to do in my epistles. The day I see a Moore in Königsberg, I shall leave and never return. *rings little bell* AHEM. COFETVE. WHERE IS THE COFFEE LAMPE! GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU. Gentlemen, there is no coffee in Heaven. We can take solace in this fact. No time. No nothing.

>> No.13108593

>>13108557

>capacity for morality come from the noumenal world

reason is spontaneous and therefore does not stand under time determinations (unlike inner appearances or experience). in the solution to the third antinomy, kant argues that ought statements are not inner appearances because they are spontaneous and project frameworks (more on this if you'd like) in the same way that reason itself does.

i think your question is a little naive, but the short answer is kinda? freedom qua moral deliberation does not stand under time determinations.

>Is the a priori thought a noumenal thing

no. kant clearly lays out what a priori means early on, and it is not noumenal. there are two uses of a priori in the CPR: what the mind projects as necessary structures of the possibility of experience, and logical forms of thought that do not contain empirical objects in them.

>> No.13109862

>>13108557
> Implying morality is a thing