[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 271 KB, 559x698, Withoos,_Matthias_-_Vanity_of_Vanities.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12921302 No.12921302 [Reply] [Original]

It's all for nothing, /lit, all for nothing...

>> No.12921310

>>12921302
What is "it?" And furthermore, what is the opposite of nothing?

>> No.12921315

>>12921302
>It
Life?

Death is meaningless. Life is everything.

>> No.12921319
File: 455 KB, 1574x1600, 13_nostromo_hale.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The true blackpill
You try and try and fill the void, stoicism, Christianity, atheism, Buddhism, non-fiction, new sincerity, YA
You try and live and find meaning, you read Death of Ivan Ilyich and think "t-that'll happen to me, right?"
You try and pray but can't get over the fact that your faith isn't sincere and you're just scared and don't really mean it

In the end, you go back to the nothingness

>> No.12922025

>>12921319
You are fake and gay and clingy trying to cling to your fascination about certainty

There is no certainty that there is nothingness just like there is no certainty of the opposite of nothingness or anything in between

"making itself intelligible is suicide for philosophy"
I'd like to say in this quote Heidegger was referring "itself" to the contingent nature of beings (as opposed to Being) and generally attacking positivism but you understand we cannot guide our lives on an assumption that we cannot affirm in life itself i.e. "nothingness" big picture determinism or some other ontological stigma the psychical reality is real and unconscious and guides everything you do and you can tap into it empirically, once you realize a statement like "everything is relative" is a relative statement, and statements like "everything is relative except this statement" is still relative TO ME you become very free to investigate more. Kill the essentialisms and dogmas, investiage further, you will find it.

>> No.12922120

>>12921302
i know that feel