[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 344 KB, 1080x1440, z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12877101 No.12877101 [Reply] [Original]

book noob here. can i read zizek without reading the guys he talks about (or more specifically can i get by with summaries, cursory research and skimming)

also post zizek chart(s) i lost mine lmao

>> No.12877160

What is more important, can we ever hope to make it through, to read, to digest, and so forth, books such as these without interjecting, as it were, some kind of mental, auditory, shignelsh of the man sniquing and shniffling so?
Or do we just acquiesce and buy the audiobook?
He reads them, no?

>> No.12877172

>>12877160
Don't read his books. He doesn't like writing and doesn't say anything new. Read Das Kapital or something older instead. I wouldn't recommend contemporary philosophy in general, because we lived through it. Your grandkids would get more out of Zizek than you possibly could.

>> No.12877196

You have to be 18 to post here

>> No.12877227

Depends on the book. His theoretical books require some familiarity with them. His political books don't.

>> No.12877230

Just get the Zizek Jokes book since you're probably a pseud. Then buy his Philosophy in the Present dialogue cause it's short too and you can tell people you know badiou too after. Next pick up Living in the End Times cause it's like his 2012 book and that's when time stopped right? And then if you're feeling really masochistic you can get his essential collection:
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/series/ESZ/the-essential-zizek
Then if you still wanna dig deeper, you can pretend to care about Lacan and read his How to Read Lacan book and then pick up Ecrits or a lecture and feel retarded. And then if you care to care about Hegel you should read his Hegel book Less Than Nothing and be absolutely amazed at the sheer nonsense then go to the source and be even more amazed.

This post is good tho: >>12877172