[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 30 KB, 216x231, gass2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12496641 No.12496641 [Reply] [Original]

Where do I start with this fat ugly fuck?

>> No.12496723

Omensetter's Luck, then In the Heart of the Heart... then couple of volumes of essays and finally Tunnel.

>> No.12496731

>>12496641
I bet this man produces some very strong smelling gass

>> No.12498255

>>12496641
You could get the gass reader which just came out, which would allow you to bounce around. If you want to start with one book then I'd choose In the Heart of... reading either The Pederson Kid or the title story first -- his style is pretty consistent throughout his career but there he had more of a Faulkner thing going on -- The Tunnel is much more dissonant. If you're into the midwestern gothic feel of the stories go to Omensetter's Luck. If you're into language games, '60s stuff, metafiction etc, go to Willie Master's Lonesome Wife. In any case you want to get a sense for his philosophy and interests, etc. before tunneling. You can go by his essays too but for me they vary in quality. If you're going to read The Tunnel, GET THE AUDIOBOOK - it has a very helpful outline to the book with it, and his reading is beautiful

>> No.12499780

>>12498255
>If you're going to read The Tunnel, GET THE AUDIOBOOK - it has a very helpful outline to the book with it, and his reading is beautiful
Is this online anywhere? I bought the book and enjoyed it considerably, but wanted to check this out as well.