[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 342 KB, 394x394, IMG_7857.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12407022 No.12407022 [Reply] [Original]

If intelligence can be predicted via polygenic score, including one's propensity to immigrate to places with better economic opportunities and educational level, does philosophy still have any value? Intelligent people become scientists. Us dumb-dumbs come to literature and other fictional stuff. Is /lit/ actually the dumbest board? Are the societal goes set by intelligent people actually good? Or are people's stem propensities just masturbation in the era of reproductibility and industrial thinking?

>> No.12407039

>>12407022
If you're an intelligent person without the (economic or cultural) imperative to do something which generates literal material value you might find yourself doing philosophy or english or lit or art or whatever. Plenty of dummies in both.
Basically if you're OK with not making that much money, or don't need to make that much money, you can make the slightly comfier decision of pursuing a career in the humanities. It's fine, no big deal, everyone's working hard and trying to contribute. Like your mom always said, different strokes for different blokes.
Friendly reminder that patricians chill out and appreciate the contributions of people who work hard with skill and creativity regardless of their field.

>> No.12407052
File: 78 KB, 775x719, 1de88bef81127b8877dde83a18297607.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>another STEMkeks feels insecure in his hard materialism

>> No.12407094

>>12407052
I'm actually as non-STEM as it gets but genetic hereditability sends shivers down my spine

>> No.12407109

wisdom > intelligence

>> No.12407124

No because stem deals with complex problems, not with complicated ones. They’re just monkeys trying to figure out which shape goes in which hole with extremely complicated shapes and holes.

>> No.12407143

>>12407022
>If intelligence can be predicted via polygenic score, including one's propensity to immigrate to places with better economic opportunities and educational level, does philosophy still have any value?

If bananas can be sold for 1$ a piece, and we assume we'd have to double that price on imports, Is OP a faggot?

>> No.12408254

>>12407124
Explain. You still need to assert the example existence of problems outside the scope of STEM.

>> No.12408292

>>12408254
Any metaphysical/deontological/political/aesthetic question?

>> No.12408391

>>12408292
Aesthetically induced euphoria can be explained scientifically, as well as political matters. Metaphysics is brainlet-tier.

>> No.12408448
File: 9 KB, 300x300, georg-wilhelm-friedrich-hegel-9333532-1-402.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12407022
I'd like to think that philosophy and humanities are here to support the natural sciences. Often STEM is reduced to simple problem solving and mindless research, but WHY do people actually practice these sciences then? They're putting in the hard work to make us as subjects progress, and yet it feels like the natural sciences don't know/have forgotten to what our progress is actually supposed to lead. I'm not saying we should reduce science to a purely superficial subject for romantics, (those who say the absolute is to be sought elsewhere), rather Science should function as a systematic system for knowledge. Science should be for-itself, reflecting, it should progress by figuring out itself.

>> No.12408486
File: 32 KB, 220x277, Frans_Masereel_(1919)_Passionate_Journey_urination_page.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12407022
>I perfer grammaci in jail than a hash smoker on the run with a bit too much idealism in his briefcase
so shoot me

>> No.12408500

>>12408448
you want to police those papers don't you?

>> No.12408516
File: 50 KB, 1023x797, depositphotos_63982655-stock-photo-child-playing-with-blocks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12408391
>I-I can explain everything, j-just let me take a closer look at brains or something
STEMchildren, aren't they adorable?

>> No.12408577
File: 44 KB, 335x499, AnimalFaith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12408516
It's rational to assume that our cultural communication is performed in blind faith but not that some intelligence at some point would be able to recreate the experience in order to predict the outcome. I've read the words of machines and been more than satisfied with their /lit/ learn of comprehension of the material that became the basis for the machines composition. randomness as a property can be held as a property of the world without having to rid ourselves of basic laws of physics. Accounting for the individuals twists of knowledge acquisition in the brain and having that individuals worldview in relation to their own worldview can be a very practical method of understanding essential qualities of all humans regardless of race. But you're right, we'd probably rather poetry and some adventure tourism with the hordes really. Get a good pack sniffing going and then just have at her.

>> No.12408592
File: 40 KB, 380x380, Product_thumb_Cheeseburger-Triple_0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck im a sick fuck i like a quick fuck

>> No.12408655

>>12408592
What?

>> No.12408848

>>12408577
Stop with this bullshit, wordsaladwojak