[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 140 KB, 767x573, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12340745 No.12340745 [Reply] [Original]

Remember Cat Person? The woman who wrote it is back with a new story, packed with even more devastating insight into the male psyche than last time.

https://medium.com/s/story/the-good-guy-a-story-from-the-author-of-cat-person-59e5bfe9322f

Will men ever recover from this?

>> No.12340760

>>12340745
The first lines made me laugh but no, I don’t think she has the awareness to know that she’s being funny because the “he wasn’t a serial killer or anything” that came next was too on the nose. Do you think she’s ever had a loving caring relationship with a man?

>> No.12340772

>>12340760
>she must be a femcel
coping

>> No.12340787

>>12340772
Not what he said, illiterate.

>> No.12340798

This is the most boring thing i have ever read.

>> No.12340823

>>12340772
>Like all the women he’d dated over the past several years, Angela was, by any objective measure, way out of his league. She was two inches taller than he was; she owned her own home; she made an amazing fettuccine with clam sauce; and she knew how to give a back rub with essential oils that she’d sworn would change his life, which it had

Who’s coping, my boy?

>> No.12340832

>>12340798
Seconded. But I am going to finish it. For the board! And also because the 60 minute read time is like some kind of personal challenge. Brb.

>> No.12340856

if you fags are actually going to read it, the least you could do is post a summary in the thread.

>> No.12340918

>>12340745
So far I really like this actually, doesn’t feel condescending at all. Much better than Cat Persob

>> No.12341080

>>12340856
Beta cuck lusts after a Stacy, she fucks brown Chad and is crazy, beta cuck fucks Stacy, Velma Dinkley, and tens of other women who all get mad when he doesn't want to marry them. One of them throws a cup at him and he dies and goes to hell.

>> No.12341147

The dude from earlier, reporting in. The prose is frustrating because it operates on the level of forum posts, probably the author thinks that this is how it is now, and so be it. I hope not but maybe she is right.

Immediately it seems to me a kind of female take on Houllebecq, where the demonic emphasis is shared by men and women but lays more heavily on men (as opposed to women in Houllebecq).

As much as it annoyed me I have to admit certain aspects reminded me of my own clumsy and morally misguided young adult life.

This line struck me above all the others, Ted's defense:

>All I’ve ever wanted is to be loved. Well, to be worshipped. To be desired, madly and painfully, to the exclusion of all else. Is that so wrong?

Which is not a bad description of male sexuality. The female characters aren't blameless and everyone seems caught up in a swell of superficiality beyond their control. It's not a bad description of modern sexuality.

It seems to me the main idea is to account for the shameless sexual marauding of an older (mid 30s) man by showing us important events in his sexual past.

Its a convincing account, showing how an innocent fellow can become a hardened Don Juan as a response to experienced humiliations/insecurities.

I dont remember Cat Person all that well, but both seem to source sexual tragedy in the inability of men to own their feelings and be honest.

As much as I want to complain about whorishness as the source of sexual tragedy, I have to acknowledge the truth of that point. And the author does acknowledge feme whorishness as a source of sexual downfall.

I gave it a very quick and light read, its ideas about sex are fair and accurate, even if the prose is annoying. As i mentioned this could be a deliberate device to situate a story about sex in the kind of plain, meme-inspired ("cringe" or "maybe theres a german word for that") language where most people end up talking about sex.

>> No.12341228

>>12340856
Ted is mid 30s, has sex with lots of women but is emotionally removed from it. He breaks it off with a girl and complains when she gets upset that he was clear about not wanting an emotional connection she throws a glass at his head. Scene breaks

Ted is in love with Anna bur Anna loves Chad. Ted starts dating Rachel but he doesn't really like her, and only keeps dating her because he's afraid to dump her. Anna gets refused by Chad and leans on beta orbiter Ted for emotional support. At a party, Anna sees Ted hooking up with Rachel. She asks to talk to him and they kiss. Ted dumps Rachel and leaves the party with Anna. He finally learns to be sexual without being emotional, paving the way for his 30s where he slays lots of women. He also learned a technique for seduction: be close, become sexually unavailable but supportive, and then swoop in when she realizes youre the rare guy who is sexually absent and emotionally present. Its insinuated that he fucks, and also fucks up, a lot of women this way. Then he burns in hell after dying from the glass wound.

>> No.12341245

>>12341147
>Which is not a bad description of male sexuality
Is it? Most of my experience is with (technical but not "ideological") incels and it has always seemed very different, at the most the desire is for something more like dependency.

>> No.12341254

>>12340745
>the good guy
boring. sounds like she wrote cat person out of genuine personal interest but the reaction to that story boxed her in, she has become a one-track sycophant, she is the slave of expectations, she has delimited her art.

>> No.12341260

>>12341147
>>All I’ve ever wanted is to be loved. Well, to be worshipped. To be desired, madly and painfully, to the exclusion of all else. Is that so wrong?
>Which is not a bad description of male sexuality.
>male
just sexuality

>> No.12341262

>>12341245
It is my opinion that the weak spot of male sexuality is that it cannot tolerate the possibility of rejection, because it seeks mother-love from women at the same time it seeks sex-love.

>> No.12341268

>>12341147
>>All I’ve ever wanted is to be loved. Well, to be worshipped. To be desired, madly and painfully, to the exclusion of all else. Is that so wrong?
>Which is not a bad description of male sexuality
Really? all I want to do is megafuckrapedominate, which is a kind of violent worship... I thought it was women who wished to be desired. In fact this line is more convincing if you imagine a woman is thinking it than a man. I'm gay btw.

>> No.12341278

>>12341262
>it seeks mother-love from women at the same time it seeks sex-love
I agree with that but
>it cannot tolerate the possibility of rejection
Seems strange because men are the ones who are expected to face rejection much more readily.

>> No.12341290

>>12341260
Fair point, we should never lose sight of the universal template undergirding both male and female sexuality (unrestrained ego in the face of a limiting world, for example).

It seems to me, however, that men are more sensitive to rejection than women. To be rejected is to have your activeness and assertiveness denied, which is not a big deal if your sexual assertiveness comes from the body (as it does for women). Its much more painful when what is being rejected comes from the persona/character/mind.

>> No.12341301

>>12341262
Women dont understand what its like to be a man. Like incels. they are idiots, but their frustration comes from a place of rejection and isolation. Incels are similar in form to a prisoner who has been locked into solitary confinement. Except also every now and then people walk up to your cell to mock you and tell you you deserve it.
Of course this is going to lead a man to insanity.
If a woman wanted to understand what its like to be a male loser then lock yourself inside a box for 6 months while people who walk by pelt you with rotten fruit

>> No.12341305

>>12341268
Men try to be emotionally distant to avoid the pain of rejection. That is why some men (man whores) try to diminish emotional presence in the sexual act.

That is why men joke together about having sex while being emotionally distant.

(Also homosexuality is literally a symoblic anxiety towards sex with women, and sex with women only induces anxiety because of the possibility of rejection)

>> No.12341345

>>12341301
>Women dont understand what its like to be a man.
Im a strong believer in humanity. Women and men are more similar than they are different.
>their frustration comes from a place of rejection and isolation.
Same with men, but for women it is the body that is rejected, while for men it is the persona/mind.

>> No.12341350

>>12341305
men are emotionally distant because we are trying to get our dick sucked and every man learns the lesson in their youth that women arent attracted to weaklings.
Men can not express certain emotions in public because both women and society will deem him a weakling. And it does not matter what women say, it matters what they do. And they dont want a man whose a crying loser all the time. And so men express their emotions through art and other indirect ways

>> No.12341356

>>12341262
>the weak spot of male sexuality is that it cannot tolerate the possibility of rejection, because it seeks mother-love from women at the same time it seeks sex-love.
The male doesn't seem to accept rejection as easily as the female, but I disagree on the cause. The male, in every facet of his design, is the sex which pursues. You've already seen the arguments for this, such as the idea that women must select healthy mates (or be selected by the dominant male) because their reproduction cycle is limited to roughly once per year, and the male can have unlimited mates so the quality doesn't matter nearly as much.
Now, the male's instinct is to pursue, and when he's rejected that instinct does not go away. The male continues to pursue, and if he sees no other possible mate then he will continue to pursue the same girl; if he knows that he has no chance with her, but still sees no other possibility, he is distraught because, for the time being, it seems as if he will never procreate. Eventually, he should get over it, but humans evolved in exceptionally small societies, and are not adapted to the possibility of 300 women within 1 mile who are willing to fuck.
Now, as for the seeking of a maternal love, it's likely true to an extent, but I'd guess that this is just a method of selecting a partner with a maternal disposition, and if you ask me it's quite a minor part of the selection process.
I'm a volcel(for now, while I improve myself) and I've never read a book on sex, how did I do boys?

>> No.12341377

>>12341356
do we see this type of obsessive and aggressive behavior in those men that belong to small-scale societies? the ones most similar to those that predominated our evolutionary past?

>> No.12341381

>>12341356
>>12341377
i'll give you a hint: typically, no.

>> No.12341386

>>12341377
>>12341350

Its a huge mistake to try and account for sexuality purely in terms of natural selection, precisely because it remains an open question whether natural selection operates on individuals or species.

>> No.12341397

>>12341262
only sluts are able to have sex without emotions.

>> No.12341401

>>12341147
>>12341228
I'd agree with this assessment. Its not a particularly well written piece, almost boring in that regard. I'd also agree that its pretty realistic in how it depicts both men and women relational relationally and sexually, and I'd say that's its strongest point.
But what really irks me, as did with Cat Person, is that its dishonest and ultimately unfair. The titles make this apparent, especially after a read through, since they clearly refer to the males of the stories and how they relate to the females. It seems as if Ms Roupenian is accurate in her portrayal of men and women in the modern dating scene, but eventually indicts the men more harshly. The men of these stories are certaonly not blameless, but neither are the women, and while the author freely admits this, it seems as of she ends by resting the blame most prominently on the male counterpart. He ends ups hospitalized, punished for his misdeed, by his own admittance and the story's perspective. I don't know why, and perhaps I'm wrong, but those last lines seem to be pretty clear.
>All I’ve ever wanted is to be loved. Well, to be worshipped. To be desired, madly and painfully, to the exclusion of all else. Is that so wrong?
>I’m a nice guy, I swear to fucking God.

>> No.12341403

>>12341386
>it remains an open question whether natural selection operates on individuals or species.
what.
it 'operates' on both. differences in individual reproductive success lead, over time, to changes in the population.

>> No.12341405

>>12341345
Monkeys and humans are more similar than different (in comparison to the rest of the world) but would it be right to say there are separations in comprehensibility between them that cannot be crossed? I guess it is a matter of gradation. Every creature is separate, and even within himself subject to separation, he only knows a fraction of what it is "to be" himself.

>> No.12341406

>>12340745
So was no one as moved by this as I was? Just finished it and I thought it was great

>> No.12341408

>>12341377
cavemen would literally just see a woman they like then bonk her on the head and drag her to their cave for cave rape.
Tribal societies have been known to capture women of other tribes as sex slaves

>> No.12341410

>>12341408
which tribe societies?
when? where?
how do you know what 'cavemen' were up to? where is the evidence for your claim? comic strips?

>> No.12341411

>>12341408
>cavemen would literally just see a woman they like then bonk her on the head and drag her to their cave for cave rape.
this isn't exactly true at least with regard to ingroups/friendly outgroups

>> No.12341422

>>12341410
>where is the evidence for your claim? comic strips?
My fucking sides.

>> No.12341426

>>12341406
>Just finished it and I thought it was great
It is good, in terms of authenticity and actual content, but its bad in that its style is merely serviceable and it is somewhat intellectually dishonest.

>> No.12341431

>>12341426
I agree about the style, although I felt it didn’t need that, but why would you call it intellectually dishonest

>> No.12341435

men value sex and claim to be good at sex (which they are not, especially with virgin girls) only because they know it is on sex and harmless fun that a woman bases her decision to let men continue to care for her.

If a woman was able to acknowledge a man in a non sexual way, then men would care more about this way than sex. But that is not the case, women center their life on sex and they love to let compete for them, take only the men who show how well they can entertain women.

The blow back for women is that repulsive, poor men continue to try to be noticed by women and men do not know when to stop.

Another problem for women, is that once a man is chosen by a woman for the fucking and caring, the man thinks he no longer competes against other men, and that woman no longer has any orbiters. The man thinks his victory is perpetual. Then the woman gets less and less harmless fun that she craves, so she choose a few other disposable orbiters. Then the current provider no longer feels acknowledged and begins to seek the validation of another woman.

Also, women do not have babies because ''muh genes'' muh evolution.
Women have babies because
-they love to spread their legs
-their parents push them for grand children
-they get bored and they see the family as a way to keep the relationship alive
-they see other women having babies and being okay with it

This stuff about ''tough healthy males'' comes from the male love to interpret anything through their fantasy of dominance and submission, but this is because they love to confuse dominance with being active and submission with being passive so that they delude themselves that they are not the weaker sex by being so active, whereas their activities turn out to be only making women comfy and make life harder for men.
Women know this male clinging to power fantasies by heart and they have no problem using it to avoid being as destitute as a men can become, while still thinking that those women realize the female fantasy of intimacy, of going beyond passing for and knowing to be slutty goldiggers, by being devoted to the realization of the fantasy of grandiosity of a few men or more commonly by having children and creating a family.

What women want the most is harmless fun and intimacy. THey get to realize their fantasy first when they are young with men, by trying to let their ''ego'' on the side and realize the sexual fantasies of the men who fuck them. WOmen quickly learn that the only healthy way to relate to men is to be capitalistic on the male market.

>> No.12341441

But The fantasy of being intimate is realized with having children. THis is what men do not understand. Women love ''to be selfless'' by caring about children and they delude themselves that their compassion and unconditional love for the children is a good thing. Childless women direct their retarded compassion towards animals and children they do not know.
So women love children for the intimacy. Women rely on men for the sex and care they give.

only women know how to love:

love of men towards women = love of women towards children = unconditional love (utopian for men, effective for women)

love of men towards children (= an aid to retire and stop their suffering) = love of women towards men = utility towards more pleasures and less pains now and in the future

>> No.12341449

Well shit, maybe the male and female sexualities are mutually contradictive, and as the culture grows to understand it, it leaves no other way but a Great Divorce of the species? Men having their waifubots and women their AI-government-daddy-husbando, not interacting more than necessary. Sounds kinda sad.

>> No.12341450

>>12341350
This is true and every first experience with women seems to play out this way, some men end up withdrawing emotionally, some men end up withdrawing in every way.

>> No.12341456

>>12341431
>I felt it didn’t need that
In a way I'd agree, since on one hand like I said said content is good and authentic, and on the other the fact that its written like a fucking blogpost makes some sense in that its from the perspective of an incel and portraying shitty modern relationships.
I say its dishonest because it seems to see where the fault lies in these modern relational shortcomings and that its equally the fault of both men and women, if for different reasons, but for some reason still seems to blame men primarily. The way I see, both genders happen to be taking advantage of each other and are both responsible for the mess and fixing it. The author says as much the in regards to both genders respective involvement and guilt, but makes men responsible as the initiating party.
Feel free to disagree of course, maybe I'm seeing it with blinders on. Maybe its just written as a specific look at men like the protagonist.

>> No.12341464

>>12341456
>for some reason still seems to blame men primarily
Can't trust women with the concept of justice, it seems.

>> No.12341479
File: 340 KB, 1743x786, 1544649936698.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>what women want

>> No.12341490

>>12341456
No I see that, I have to admit it was strange to see the author go to such great lengths to empathize with ol Ted and then abruptly dump him into Hell at the end. For a while I was surprised it was written by a New Yorker feminist. It felt like it was by a man who’d had experience with being an incel, the kind of story that New Yorker feminist types would deride as “another angsty white male” story. I’m not sure if Ted deserved fucking eternal conscious torture for his ways, especially when the author would likely put down actually believing in Hell as cruel and callous. That was the one part, the end, where I felt the story suddenly gave off the revenge-through-writing vibes of Cat Person. Yet somehow I felt it was the perfect ending since it made the whole rest of the story much more serious.

>> No.12341536

>>12341490
>Yet somehow I felt it was the perfect ending since it made the whole rest of the story much more serious.
I can't say that I really agree with you, I felt the story was plenty serious, especially if you consider that this is actually something of a widespread problem IRL. I think the author even made a slight reference to that fact near the end, describing how Ted developed his technique and became adept at deceiving women, also mentioning that to her thirty-something men do this as well. It just seems like the women are portrayed as stupid yet occasionally manipulative victims, prey to the whim of their instinct and cunning men, aka "nice guys". All the female characters feel largely oblivous to the games they're taking part in
At the very least, you might say the pointing of fingers at men and Ted's apparent death and descent into Hell is some sort of call to action. Perhaps intentionally or unconsciously the author is demanding that men step up to the plate in order to rectify the issues she's describing.
Honestly, I'm kinda of getting more confused the more I think. The intention of the author don't seem very clear here, unless you take it all at face value, but then we're back to it being a dishonest piece. I dunno. At the least I'm willing to admit its stimulating.

>> No.12341549

>>12341228
I'm sorry, his method of seduction is to be their best friend and not even think about sex? wtf this is hilarious.

>> No.12341562

>>12341536
men want to get laid. To do this a man must become a better strategist than napoleon, sun tzu, and Alexander the great combined. Women do not understand the pressure that is put on men to appear as someone who women would be attracted to. Because the humanity of men, the emotions of men disgust women.
This will never stop. Women are the ones who make men do these things because women are idiots who think thier shit doesnt stink.

Witness homosexual relatinships. Men just fucking each other based on visual looks. Maybe talking later. No complications. Just fucking

>> No.12341612

>>12341562
So in other words, in regards to the meaning of the story, the author is just another woman, blaming men for an issue which women are in fact fact the genesis of, except she happens to have some objective perspective on the matter?
I hesitate to agree with you in saying that women are responsible. I think both sexes are equally at fault. But I do agree that the piece seems to display a massive lack of self awareness. I speculate that the author is likely just like one of the girls she describes in these stories, yet she doesn't seem to truly acknowledge female misdeeds.

>> No.12341633

Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored,tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.

>> No.12341646

>>12341633
Most neckbearded thing I've ever read

>> No.12341665

>>12341410
The opening to Herodotus’ Histories involves a large wife-stealing heist

>> No.12341690

>>12341665
If i remember right, the greeks claim they were abducted but the persians (or whoever took them) claimed that the women chose to come.

>> No.12341698

>>12340745

gonna have to abstain from just groyping on this one. the ideas are OK, its just the prose is excruciating. too often does it read like one of those YASS QUEEN blogposts that pass for journalism these days -- words in all caps, are you fucking serious? and phrases like "Driven by anxiety to unforeseen heights of bravery" not only mixes metaphors in an incoherent way, but also manages to be totally redundant as we already got that he's nervous by reading the fucking story.

like this story could have been half its length if the author didnt feel the need to shove line after line of how the character is feeling and thinking as narrated by some annoying sarcastic asshole i wish would shut the fuck up. there are no images, theres no environment or space, nothing that awakes the senses, just disembodied dialogue and a narrator describing the thoughts of ted. and ted never has doubts, never considers or really thinks about anything, so he doesnt even feel like a real person. i remember two important words of advice from Pynchon; "ignorance (...) has contours and coherence." and if you start with a theme and go on with characters and plot from there, both will die on the page.

"It was a foolproof plan.

Oh, wait. No, it wasn’t. It was a sexual fantasy, and he was an idiot."

like you have to think your audience is just retarded people to write like this. everything is explained, i guess in case we come away with the wrong interpretation and, god forbid, accuse her of sympathizing with ted. she obviously thinks ted is retarded too, and gets (for obvious reasons) a huge thrill out of humiliating ted. its a revenge fantasy dressed up with (very bare) resemblances of a short story. that might be forgivable if the revenge fantasy lit up some spark and made you feel something. but apparently the author thinks that to have writing that makes you feel something, all it takes is shit like this:

"Was there a point at which your ego was crushed so completely that it died, and you no longer had to lug around the burden of yourself ?"

it comes out of nowhere. you can only assume the narrator is saying it AT you, because it has no purpose in the story and just randomly comes out.

when i got to the end, i was just fucking furious because of this shit:
"I’m a nice guy, I swear to fucking God."

well thanks Kristen Roupenian. thanks for adding this meme at the end so i know what the story is really about. usually when i get to the end of a story i think "damn i wonder how this relates to the outside world?" thank you for making sure i can reduce the character down to a simple phrase, because otherwise the complex and deep inner world ted possesses in this story would have made me confused and anxious.

>> No.12341711

Angler fish has an attractive light it uses to survive. Angler fish cannot understand you and what you can understand about angler fish can only make that light lose its shine. Angler fish is so feminine it has completely emasculated its species' males into bodily organs.

She looks good but what do you know about her?

>> No.12341722

Its weird how divergent the kind of person a feminist think of when she says "nice guy" is to the person i picture.
I picture a dumpy fat guy who doesn't get any women because being nice is not enough and a rather empty virtue on its own anyway.
She pictures a chad who, like most people, thinks he's a nice person but does bad things sometimes.

>> No.12341727

>>12341698
This...
Is a good post.

>> No.12341732

>>12340856

Women's writing has no summary. It's word salad begrudgingly confined by grammar.

>> No.12341737
File: 22 KB, 479x485, 33607966_1944538782247175_7807650399757795328_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12341732
>hasnt read flannery o connor
> hasnt read cynthia ozick
> hasnt read hurston

nigga go the fuck back to r9k you dont belong here

>> No.12341754

>>12341698

Its very obvious that it is a revenge fantasy, female subjectivity is shattered at the thought of rejection. An unattainable man simply does not exist, and this has been so ever since Jane Austen and Emily Bronte. The thought that Ted doesn't love this cunt drives her batshit insane and she has to belittle him and reduce him to a feminized caricature. This is the logical result of the sexual dick carousel women find themselves in, they really can't understand that a mr. Darcy "tall, dark, handsome, stranger" doesn't lie at the end of it, but an ugly, 30 something serial dater, that just wants to fuck. This what female subjectivity comes down to at its most basest WHO FUCKS WHO AND HOW CAN I BE FUCKED AS WELL. However the sheer cognitive dissonance of this cunt is so astounding due to the fact that unlike a bona-fide slut that owns her sexuality and owns it (a woman who is a seductress and can play the game well), she finds herself in repeating situations where she is the victim with men that are not mr.Darcys and are not the handsome prince to carry her off to his castle. She is a dumb cunt, and cannot realize that her behavior is neither seductive nor princess-like so as to attract that ideal male knightly behavior that she inevitably thinks is the opposite of someone pathologically weak like Ted.

To many words have been wasted on some literal who, but who is posted on /lit/ just to get some (you's) and rail on this stupid bitch.

>> No.12341768

>>12341754

please dont respond to my effort post with autistic screeching about women

>> No.12341774

>>12341768

(you)

>> No.12341776

All these posts for a non male author

Absolutely disgusting

>> No.12341786
File: 1.54 MB, 697x764, 1530807074435.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12341776
Nice freedom numerals friend.

>> No.12341802
File: 1.00 MB, 828x742, yosh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340823

>> No.12341883

>>12341802
>Thus, one night in November, two weeks before his 36th birthday, Ted found himself sitting across a table from a crying woman named Angela. Angela was a real estate agent, pretty and polished, with sparkly chandelier earrings and expensively highlighted hair. Like all the women he’d dated over the past several years, Angela was, by any objective measure, way out of his league. She was two inches taller than he was; she owned her own home; she made an amazing fettuccine with clam sauce; and she knew how to give a back rub with essential oils that she’d sworn would change his life, which it had.

Why is Angela giving up her pussy to this dweeb then? Is there such a paucity of good dick in New York that women will fuck literally anyone? Is is that the chads who live in New York have so many options that they never plan on settling down, so women have to settle for mediocre men? Is this a city thing? This really doesn't reflect reality where I live at all

>> No.12341887

>>12341883
woops not meant to be a reply

>> No.12341904

is this a story about a "nice guy" like thats some original, cutting edge concept us men don't already know about?

>> No.12341921

*ahem*

Men are the active agents of humanity. Men exist to push boundaries and to venture away from the tribe. Men live for exploration, insanity, disregard, saying the n-word. Women, being the active agents' mates, exist to huddle at the tribe's center, staying protected for their own weakness and for their children's sakes. Women do not live to explore, cut their ears off, write manifestos, or especially say the n-word. Nothing a women can do, think, say, is worth attention. They are already at the center.

>> No.12341991

>>12340745
The description of Ted's relationship with Rachel was honestly fairly done. All these hints are dropped, coding that Ted is really an ass underneath it all, but he remains a basically understandable, flawed human being. Once Anna comes back into his life the story basically ends and we see Ted transform into the thoughtless dick the story was always building him up as.

>> No.12342024

>>12341080
Wow, this femoroid is based and redpilled about the sexual behaviors of humans with XX chromosome.

>> No.12342046

>>12341147
Y'all are conflating sexuality and narcissism way too hard.
>>12341350
What women want when they talk about a man in touch with his emotions, is a person who can talk about his feelings and deal with them with other methods than isolation and sulking. The common misunderstanding stems from the fact that this still means that functionality can't be compromised in any situation. Your emotions must give way at a moment's notice if duty calls so to speak.

>>12340745
Just boring tripe. The gist was obvious from the start, the rest is just padding and explaining
the self-evident. A man unable to make personal connections to other human beings, desperate for admiration and worship, everyone else is just a stock character that plays a part in his dreams. When he talks about guilt, he only describes shame.
He thinks of others in the terms of what they tell about him.

> The thought of people saying, “There goes Rachel, Ted’s girlfriend!” made him cringe.

It's all so tiring.

>> No.12342304
File: 47 KB, 1200x675, 1545246677860.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dr melfie explains well what women want, when she is on a date before the dirty cop stops the car of her date

00:21:14,920 --> 00:21:19,960
I know. I feel for you males.
It's our goddamn fault
you don't know how to act.

00:21:20,120 --> 00:21:22,880
Oh, admitting mistakes.

00:21:23,040 --> 00:21:27,320
We tell you to be more sensitive.
You join promise keepers.

00:21:27,840 --> 00:21:30,720
We say get in touch
with your feelings.

00:21:31,240 --> 00:21:35,520
You run off into the woods
in a loincloth, gun king yourself
with bear fat, beating a drum.

00:21:36,040 --> 00:21:37,760
Hey, don't ruin my evening.

00:21:37,920 --> 00:21:40,320
You know what I mean.

00:21:40,840 --> 00:21:43,560
Sure. You want someone
who's sensitive to your needs...

00:21:43,720 --> 00:21:46,880
but still decisive enough for the
occasional grope in the closet.

00:21:47,040 --> 00:21:50,440
Yeah. Something like that.

>> No.12342313

Womens entire problem stems from them being unable to accept it's not 1952 anymore and shaming all men relentlessly in a desperate bid to get it without admitting that's what they want.

>> No.12342328

>>12340745
>https://medium.com/s/story/the-good-guy-a-story-from-the-author-of-cat-person-59e5bfe9322f

she is trying to be a female Houellebecq and failing

>> No.12342329

>>12342313
women do not have problems though, they still find men for the sex and find men for daily care and family life, so they have no motivation to change their behavior.

>> No.12342351
File: 48 KB, 400x607, catperson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

gettit? it's an anus. Also, all men are sick sexual predators.

>> No.12342367

>What Ted saw in Anna’s eyes, he also sees in Sarena’s and Melissa’s and Danielle’s and Beth’s and Ayelet’s and Margaret’s and Flora’s and Jennifer’s and Jacquelyn’s and Maria’s and Tana’s and Liana’s and Angela’s: that tiredness, that willful giving up. He sees how smug they feel about settling for a “good guy,” which means: a guy they secretly think they’re too good for. He sees them think they’re safe.

Ted is absolutely a sympathetic character. If anything, the writer is condemning the condescension with which women treat men post-wall

>> No.12342378

>>12342367
>The women he dates all turn on him eventually, of course. The more they feel like they’ve compromised themselves by being with him, the more passionately they pursue him when he launches his retreat. He becomes an instrument of pure self-punishment: What is wrong with me, that even this fucking loser won’t give me what I want? They identify all sorts of problems in him that he needs them to fix: he isn’t “in touch with his emotions,” or he’s “afraid of commitment,” but they never question the basic premise, that somewhere deep down, underneath it all, he wants to be with them. Of course you have feelings for me, Angela might as well have been saying, right before she threw the glass at him. Admit it, dammit!

>I’m me.

>And you’re Ted.

How are women reacting to this short story compared to Cat Person? It's pretty redpilled with its portrayal of female sexuality

>> No.12342392

>>12341479
so... gravity rainbow makes girl nerds into bimbos?

>> No.12342448

I love how the story mentions his height like 10 times. Women are obsessed

>> No.12342449

>even though his cousin had long ago become a lesbian and immigrated to the Netherlands
She doesn’t even know the difference between immigrated and emigrated? Where was the editor? Garbage like this can really get published as long as it’s about how hard modern sex culture is to navigate and how brave women like us must be to do so?

>> No.12342474

>>12341690
Romans stealing Sabine wives, etc..... countless examples in history

>> No.12342480

>>12342448
Must be blackpilling for manlets Tb h

>> No.12342490

I love how the story boils down to "How fucking dare beta males not worship the women who fuck them after they're done chasing chad for years?"

Never read anything more narcissistic in my life. Someone like Ted's motivation to fuck widely isn't any different than chad's. The only distinction is that women want Teds to know their place, and get angry when they don't. Gross.

>> No.12342499

Tbqh encored monogamy from early adulthood would resolve all these problems. Males you wonder Why we thought we were above the ancients wisdom

>> No.12342511

>>12342480
Life is blackpilling for us bro. I look forward to being a Ted. Taking your revenge on the women who scorned you in your 20s by having them suffer the indignity of fucking you in order to get you to support them financially is a better plan for revenge than any school shooter ever came up with

>> No.12342515

Women really are just agents of the hegemony aren't they?

The system is organized against so many people and women will just ignore all of this and shame men relentlessy for having the audacity for trying to get sex and love after the system has fucked them. What exactly do women expect men to do? Consistantly succeed at something organized against them? Get jobs that don't exist? Oh, I forgot, just saying "patriachy" makes all of this disappear.

Women really do earn mens hatred.

>> No.12342524

>>12342511
Wont make you happy long term though,friend

>> No.12342563

>>12342490
Women put men into the 'beta male who will support me' box or the 'alpha male who will fuck me good' box. Same way men have women they're seeing fit either the slut archetype or the wife archetype. The difference is that men are criticized for doing this, while women aren't.

>> No.12342573

>>12342524
I'm well past the possibility of ever feeling contented. I'm post-happiness

>> No.12342614

is this an example of women stealing emotional labor from men? she basically just says everything that incel threads only she's making money off it

>> No.12342619

>>12342490
I think it stems from the author's willful ignorance of how female attraction works. For men, sexual attraction is overt and physical. Femininity comes down to fertility. For women it's behavioral. Masculinity is a set of behaviors, appearance in the sense of appearances. There is no choice in either case, it's as much a reflex as a knee-jerk.

What's being conflated here is the sense of societal value with attractive potential. Ted is attractive, evidenced by the fact that he pulls girls "out of his league" (which is actually a feminine thought), but society (particularly the society of women) deems him low value. For some reason women can't reconcile this in the same way that men can. A man can see a low value, attractive woman (a slut) and have no problem pumping and dumping her. He doesn't feel the need to chase her if he gets rejected (if he is masculine) because although he feels the attraction toward something low value, society (male society) doesn't condemn him for it. It even rewards him. The opposite is true for female society.

The piece is written for women. It's written as an explanation and justification for their own behavior, but does so by absolving them of responsibility. Such a thing is inherently feminine. The entire feminist movement, at its core, is of this nature. Here, "Ted is attractive" and "Ted is a loser" is reconciled by "Ted is evil". The rest of the story is just the modern sensibility of justifying the villains actions through his tragic development.

tl;dr Ted starts wearing the equivalent of male equivalent of make-up and women get confused boners and call him evil. Really not much different than the incel's hatred.

>> No.12342629

>>12342614
Female Houellebecq lad, only shes not capable of seeing the Message her own novel portrays.

>> No.12342666
File: 11 KB, 1224x353, 1533603016694.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.12342933

>It's another women hate poor men but I don't want to admit it because it makes me look bad so i'll fuck him once and expect intimacy and a relationship and when he doesn't give it me I can call him evil story

How refreshing!

>> No.12342989

>>12341633
oy vey

>> No.12343057

>>12342619
>Here, "Ted is attractive" and "Ted is a loser" is reconciled by "Ted is evil". The rest of the story is just the modern sensibility of justifying the villains actions through his tragic development.
Very astute.

>> No.12343123

>>12340745
Honestly, I like it. Reading this story makes me think the writer is a little more aware than I thought she was after I read "Cat Person." It reminds me of Flaubert in some of his plain, understated, yet piercing sentences. I particularly enjoy the line...

>Ted kisses Rachel with tongue and squeezes her ass. In doing so, he discovers that it is possible to enjoy something and yet not care about it in the slightest. He finds this sensation—feeling pleasure, and simultaneously feeling detached from the pleasure—to be, itself, quite pleasurable.

>> No.12343125

>>12342046
Stop reading TLP

>> No.12343140
File: 8 KB, 220x230, 1530573988003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340823
>She was two inches taller than he was; she owned her own home; she made an amazing fettuccine with clam sauce; and she knew how to give a back rub with essential oils

>mfw being "out of your league" in womanspeak means being taller, owning stuff, and knowing how to make food

Didn't know women were this useless.

>> No.12343171
File: 120 KB, 901x901, Striver.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340745
I suspect that the women who write this shit hang out with the very worst dudes.
Grad school? MFAs? Art groups? Where are they finding these guys to complain about?
I honestly don't think they're making these guys up, the characters are way too fleshed out.

>> No.12343177

>>12343140
Literally playing into the incel stereotype that women only want to date rich, tall men

>> No.12343181

>>12343177
>incel stereotype
what if it's not a stereotype, but rather actually true?

>> No.12343185

>>12342378
>redpilled
If I read that one fucking word one more time I am killing myself, how can you read all those books and be retarded enough to use the word ’redpilled’? I wish I could go back to the past....

>> No.12343203

>>12343181
It gets dismissed as a stereotype only when incels articulate it

>> No.12343207

>>12343171

I wish I never meet pic related Wojak, sounds like some cunts I know.

>> No.12343216

>>12343185
redpilled

>> No.12343218

>>12343185
Bluepilled cuck
Sorry

>> No.12343223

>>12343171
>I suspect that the women who write this shit hang out with the very worst dudes.

You're wrong. The women who write this shit are surrounded by harmless betas.

Which is why they feel the need to write stories and fantasize about the complete opposite of harmless betas.

>> No.12343225

honestly not a bad story, even if it's rendered in fanfic-tier prose. quite stark (and, dare i say, moving) in how it lays out the ways young people plot and act and fuck each other over because of hierarchies. the bits that bookend it are incredibly stupid though, not 'funny' (death by thrown glass – what?) or 'insightful' in the least. the final part reads like a fucking heartiste post. should've just ended at
>The thing is, it’s such a relief, having sex with Rachel Derwin-Finkel. He doesn’t have to pretend around her. She knows exactly who he is.

>>12343185
it' just chan lingo, simmer down m8

>> No.12343322

>>12341665
>>12342474
these were not small-scale societies
http://cyborganthropology.com/Small-scale_society
we are talking very small populations, largely self-contained and self-sufficient, with low levels of technology and organizational complexity
ie
how most of humans lived together for most of our 'evolutionary history'
what does the sexual behavior of men look like in these societies
evidence, please, not speculation. there's plenty available

>> No.12343344

>>12340745
Not sure I get the end. He goes to hell? Really? Is it meant to be ironic somehow? The girls were just as shit as Ted, and in his 30s, they expected commitment from him despite his honesty about lack of commitment. If anything all the characters are going to hell.

Perhaps the end is just his realization that he is a bad person, and not necessarily a specific indictment of his behavior and vindication of the women’s behavior. He makes the girls his tribunal in his head, because he realizes he is acting in a dehumanizing way, just like the girls did to him growing up.

>> No.12343359

>>12340745
Stop.
I can't kill myself any more than I already have.

>> No.12343372

Is this the author?

>> No.12343376

>>12343322
Lmao there is No consensus on your matriarchal ooga booga societies you ideologue

>> No.12343379
File: 37 KB, 640x360, LosingGenderWarToCatPiss.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12343372

>> No.12343384

>>12343379
No

>> No.12343411

>>12343376
i haven't said anything about 'matriarchies' or whatever other fantasies you're imputing to me
i'm asking after the sexual behavior of men in small-scale societies
how do men pursue mates in horticulture communities in burundi?
who fucks who in what order in the semi-nomadic, slash-and-burn tribes of the amazon?
how do papuan highlanders get their rocks off?
why is this such a hard question for you to answer? this is one of the most well-studied areas of anthropology.

>> No.12343424

>>12343225
IT IS NOT NOR WILL IT EVER BE TRUE 4CHAN CULTURE!

WAHA IS NOT THIS /POL/ BULLSHIT BASED ON A TERRIBLE FILM MADE BY TWO FUCKING GOD-DAMN TRANNIES! RED-PILL? MORE LIKE PINK-PILL, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU GEY FOR BEING A /POL/TARD WHO WATCHED GOD DAMN TRANNY FILMS.

>> No.12343425

>>12343411
Give me a historical study of europeans then, I do not care in the slightest how other hominids construct their society

>> No.12343443

>>12343424
Anon easy on the shizophrenia .....

>> No.12343473

>>12343207
I made it about myself so I appreciate this comment.

>> No.12343476

>>12343425
a very difficult thing to do, unfortunately, as there were no longer any such societies extant in europe by the time governments and academies began committing resources to this kind of research, nor had there been for many thousands of years
all we can do is draw inferences by analogy with those small societies that are--or at least were--available to us

>> No.12343502

>>12343476
Hmm quite, still could you give me some reading material to study or a quick rundown. It isnt an area of expertise of mine and you seem bonafide

>> No.12343511

i don't know if this was intentional, but in the beginning of the rachel segment supposedly ted has 'never held hands with a girl', even though he has, at the very least, 'rubbed fronts' (nude) and received a blowjob from anna.
is he selectively deleting portions of his past from memory to allow him to maintain a stable image of himself, or is this just an authorial oversight?

>> No.12343521

>>12343511
>even though he has, at the very least, 'rubbed fronts' (nude) and received a blowjob from anna
what

>> No.12343537

>>12343521
>Fantasy: It’s late at night. Ted’s phone rings. Anna.
>Fantasy
oh shit, i'm not reading very carefully, nevermind.

>> No.12343563

>>12343223
Pretty sure none of her male characters have been anything but harmless betas

>> No.12343637

>>12341698
Exactly. Everything in this story is so over-explained, and every small observation is so constantly reinforced to the effect that any comment the author makes about social interaction that one might otherwise find clever and insightful is immediately beaten to death. Anyone else feel this way?

>> No.12343666

>>12341228
Lol, his strategy would never work in real life. When it comes to sex appeal, incels are right on the money. You’re either attractive or not.

>> No.12343677

>>12341401
>I’m a nice guy

This author’s a condescending bitch.

>> No.12343741
File: 26 KB, 620x559, mambo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12342367
>all those names

>> No.12343802

lol

Has any straight man ever fantasized about "puttering around in the kitchen"?

>> No.12343896

>>12343666
How have you not picked up on the fact that looks are significantly less important for women than men?

>> No.12343918

>>12343666
I believe he's targeting women who are looking for a beta provider to settle down with - the type of woman who spent her youth ignoring him in favor of Chads. He knows that the women he targets are not truly attracted to him, but their clock is ticking and they need to settle their aged bodies down with a provider. Ted presents himself as such a provider - friendly, 'sexless', beta, safe - only to rip off the facade after consummation as revenge.

>> No.12343941

>>12343802
i'm sure there are quite a lot of straight males who have a sehnsucht-tinged longing for some hyperidealized version of pre-OPEC embargo domestic bliss these days; a home, a job, and a happy family

>> No.12343956

>>12340745
>Men Rape
>Men Rape
>And especially when not in the presence of men you realise that everything is basically just a metallic or plasticised figure of a man, Especially Men Especially Fucking Rape.

>> No.12343963

Lmao Ted is handing these thots a ladder to Climber the inevitable wall and then pushing them off.

>> No.12343986
File: 49 KB, 983x622, OkCupidStatistics.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12343896
>How have you not picked up on the fact that looks are significantly less important for women than men?

Not him, but I haven't picked up on that because it's not true.

>> No.12343988

but what, pray tell, became of marco?

also, not that it has any bearing on the story, but what would happen to this angela, the woman who threw the tumbler, effectively killing ted? is that considered straight-up manslaughter or...?

>> No.12343997
File: 1.21 MB, 2049x1716, John Wesley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340745
So I sense that the author does not like Ted, but she also doesn't have him doing anything that wrong other than the thing where he fucked over Rachel at the party.
Other than that he was pretty honest and it was the women doing this to themselves.
So what gives? Without memeing, can someone explain why she seems to want us to hate Ted so much without actually having him do anything wrong? (other than the Rachel thing)
I mean it almost sounds like the lady smashing his head with the glass was justified in the author's mind, even though he was honest and kind of correct about everything. What gives?

>> No.12344018

>>12343918
Yeah, I didn’t read the story when I made the statement you responded to. The story - for the writings of a feminist, especially - is very consistent with the incel’s view of modern sex. They even have Anna, the unsuccessful Chad chaser, turning into a single mother.

>> No.12344024

>>12343988
Manslaughter would seem likely. You could argue heat of passion and thus avoid murder. Involuntary manslaughter seems hard to justify as the act was clearly intentional.

>> No.12344038

>>12343986
This is quite interesting. Are these ratings derived from just looking at pictures or after actual interaction? I also wonder how the ratings match up to actual rates of hooking up. Do the lower rated men have statistically less partners? What about for women? Are the ratings and number of partners uncorrelated?

>> No.12344042

>>12340745
More viral marketing on /lit/
>>12342046
>not resorting to sulking or isolation
women sulk and emotionally abuse people when they talk about their feelings. what the fuck are you supposed to do? most things aren’t worth discussing. why would i even bother telling a woman what i want verbally when she’s going to conflate it with weakness?

>> No.12344046

>>12343637
Yup. It’s just painful to watch it unfold, everything is pretty obvious very early in the text.

>> No.12344053

>>12343997
What he did wrong is make himself attractive to women without actually changing the fact that he's a loser and then having the audacity to dump the women he attracted. He made himself artificially scarce.

>> No.12344056

>>12344038
It’s only pictures I think.

>> No.12344060

>>12343997
Hes a beta not willing to pay up

Entire post wall safety net is gone

>> No.12344064

>>12343896
I AM they guy you responded to, and you’re looking at this from the wrong standpoint. Both women and men value physical attractiveness to a very high degree; that much I will concede. But men, unlike women, have a wider, more accommodating range of sexual preferences. There are men who like black women, fat women, flat-chested women...see what I mean? Women don’t have that. If you are not the average person’s idea of the masculine ideal, women will not be into you.

>> No.12344071

>>12341401
some authors punish members of the opposite sex more than others; either by consistently demonizing them or weighing the two as equally morally ambivalent but casting the blame heavier on one or the other.

Male authors with mummy issues inciting the readership against the devilish woman figure, plotting and conniving or shallow and dim witted. Female authors loathing the social butterfly who drew their lover from them and spitting vitriol about her whorishness until the pages are damp with envy. etc.

It's always interesting to me personally, seeing as you would think men and women inherently alike, as capable of writing and characterizing each other fairly and accurately, and perhaps there are some blurred cases and moments of intimate understanding or universal recognitions, but ultimately it seems gender is a chasm proper we're doomed to shout at each other over.
Anyways I agree, it's a droll read.

>> No.12344086

>>12344060
I asked for no memes please.
>>12344053
This doesn't make sense.

>> No.12344094

>>12343997
Ressentiment

>> No.12344110

>>12342629
Lol, this. Imagine being so retarded that you inadvertently let the cat of the bag. All women are redpilled, they’re just very reticent about it.

>> No.12344111

>>12344094
care to spoonfeed me why, I don't really see it

>> No.12344113

>>12344086
>This doesn't make sense.
What part? In the woman's mind changing internal behavior without the corresponding external change is akin to emotional manipulation, which is punishable by death and hellfire.

>> No.12344118

>>12344110
that’s not what the word reticent means, read a book and practice writing before posting here, brainlet.

>> No.12344119
File: 3.02 MB, 2710x1524, MisogynyButUnironically.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340745
Feminists unironically think this is a good strategy.

>> No.12344121

>>12344056
Then I'd want to see how the graph correlates with number of partners.

>> No.12344134

>>12343997
>What gives?

Isn't it obvious? Women are socialized into believing they deserve some kind of Disney-like traditional romantic attachment simply because they have a vagina, so when a man treats them like a disposable tissue they flip out, even though the man who did it was completely honest with his intentions and they could've just told him to fuck off.

>> No.12344139

>>12344113
OK so are you saying that Ted is disliked by the author because he has some less flattering reasons for doing what he does (based on insecurity and trauma from rejection as a kid leading to the thing with Rachel and Anna at the party), which makes him being unavailable for commitment immoral?

>> No.12344140

>>12344118
That is exactly what the word reticent means, you fucking moron.

>> No.12344146

>>12344134
Let me guess: you and other men are immune to unrealistic expectations.

>> No.12344150

>>12343941
that isn't a male fantasy though, waddling around in an apron making eggy-weggies for hubby like a good little hausfrau. this is female fantasy. it's maternal behavior. ask little girls in primary school to draw what they want to be when they grow up and 2/3rds of them will draw a house, a family, a dog. not boys. kristen does not understand how men think, the male character reads like a woman.

it isn't just this part, there's other stuff in the story equally clueless. She hit a one-hit wonder with Cat Person, which had more verisimilitude because it was essentially a diary entry about something that really happened.

>> No.12344151

>>12344119
Movie source of pic related was so slow. The Woods, right?

>> No.12344171

>>12344140
no it is not at all you fucking brainlet

>> No.12344180

>>12344151
No, the house that jack built.

>> No.12344185

lol this bitch can only write about one thing

>> No.12344189

>>12344134
I don't think this is charitable enough to the author.

>> No.12344206

>catwoman
Is this the one who fucked that middle aged man with the nursery room wallpaper and thought it was worth writing about

>> No.12344208

>>12344146
No, absolutely not. But I think that my unrealistic expectations very often have something to do with how hot a future wife I think I deserve.

Whereas women think they deserve a man who is far out of their league in every conceivable way, from economics to attitude, emotional availability and penis size, even though the only thing they bring to the table is very often just access to their vagina.

And Ted in this story, proves them otherwise, which is why he infuriates them.

>> No.12344210

>>12344171
:)

>> No.12344217

>>12344206
Yeah

>> No.12344221

>>12340823
>no mention of her face

>> No.12344232

>>12341147
>where the demonic emphasis is shared by men and women but lays more heavily on men (as opposed to women in Houllebecq).

Thats not true at all with Houellebecq

>> No.12344239

>>12341147
That sounds like the literal cliche of female sexuality

>> No.12344242

>>12344171
Oh, did you think I intended to say that women are actively deceiving people?

>> No.12344254

>>12344139
No. I'm saying he's disliked because he causes cognitive dissonance in the minds of the women he fucks. Ted is a 5/10 banging 8's and 9's and then dumping them. The women know he's a 5 and they feel secure in the relationship because of that but because they also assign self worth by the man they date, when he dumps them they have a crisis. The lower valued man should be attached to the higher value women. The only resolution of that crisis, in their minds, is that Ted is evil, that he emotionally manipulated them, thereby absolving them of responsibility for his actions. As another anon said earlier, the rest is just justifying his villainy with a tragic backstory.

If you read the story as though it was actually being told by a woman (as in the author was doing it purposefully and being self-aware) then it's actually a penetrating insight into how women think of men. Sadly I don't think that was the case.

>> No.12344268

>>12344254
Huh, I see what you're saying.
I wonder why her tone was so anti-Ted, but she sort of explained his actions with his history.
I didn't like the prose but I was surprised with how well she understood a certain, very specific type of guy.

>> No.12344273
File: 597 KB, 2810x990, mnbot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12340745

>> No.12344296

Man these threads bum me out. So many people convinced that only way to have a relationship with a woman is to act as some stoic "dominant male" who's largely objectified in the eyes of women. If that's right and what it takes to date successfully I guess I'll just stay alone forever. I really hope this is wrong, but since I haven't been in a romantic relationship since high school I don't know how to judge.

>> No.12344301

>>12340745
LMFAO
>how dare this ugly poor manlet not worship me? Doesn't he know how out of his league I am?
Holy fuck this could've been written by an actual incel

>> No.12344308

>>12341449
>raising sons with your best bro while sating occasional urges with semen toilet hentaibots
is this the most patrician lifestyle?

>> No.12344310

>>12344273
What's wrong with this? That she isn't reciprocating?

>> No.12344316

>>12344042
>women sulk and emotionally abuse people when they talk about their feelings.

And? How does this inform what men should or what women want men to do? If hypocrisy is a problem, you should quit women completely.

The ultimate ideal would be someone completely stoic, but still very sensitive for the woman’s feelings. This is pretty much impossible, sure you can become pretty much emotionless but you wont give a fuck about her either, also hard express even positive emotions. This will make you look weak, nobody wants an autist who backs away from anger or confrontation, who is afraid to profess their feelings, or who is too fragile to display sadness in socially acceptable situations. Ultimately it hampers communication , women are emotional creatures, much like animals, they get a lot more from the tone of your voice than your words. Women prefer even outright violent people to emotionally repressed ones. So the true sweet spot is in a person who is relatively restrained with his emotions, i.e. knows when and where to display them and is rarely overwhelmed by them. The latter is the key, you can have tears in your eyes, but you must always be able to comfort her too.

>> No.12344317

>>12344273
>she'll still divorce his ass and take half of everything after a couple of years

Whew, maybe this dating thing isn't for me after all.

>> No.12344320

>>12344296
Be a decent human being. Be kind and forthright, never mislead, lead. Being a good person is a constant struggle, its a constant process of striving. Dont play games, dont pretend to be someone youre not, be reasonable in who you look for as a partner. Its not rocket science, its just hard. And basically the same advice goes for women. Never let yourself be pulled around by your dick, part of being a good man is having control over your sexuality. And dont be afraid of being rejected, its nothing personal. There are women you dont want to be with, so it makes sense some women wont want to be with you. Be humble, ya know?

>> No.12344325

Everyday I'm more thankful for having a low libido, don't know how horny people can get through life

>> No.12344331

EVERY ROSE HAS IT'S THORN

>> No.12344336

>>12344273
blogpost but maybe you'll enjoy reading this, no need to tell me I'm blogposting though I'm doing this on the offchance someone enjoys this little story thing. This is pretty adderall fueled and self absorbed now that I read it, which is funny in itself.
Sometimes my girlfriend gets mad at me when we're talking about stuff for basically disagreeing with her. She reads it as disrespect sometimes, only until I talk her down from that perspective.
I think she's conflicted because a lot of her friends dated WAY down and have a bunch of less attractive soft spoken boyfriends who will do/say whatever their gf's want them to. March in women's marches, sacrifice in their careers for her preferences, shit like that. Some would call it "beta" but I hate that anti-male language, basically they put their girlfriend's opinions and preferences above their own in all cases like the dude from the pic you posted. She and I are well matched for attractiveness and both have pretty interesting lives and sometimes we pull in different directions, it's a source of some stress and yeah sometimes it's hard and we need to work through some compromises. I'm also pretty conservative and she's typically liberal and we chat about politics sometimes. This is the type of conversation where she gets mad that I'm not just complying with her whole thing.
I just remind her that I always support her when we're in company (and I do, even she's being dumb, because we are ride or die for each other, or at least that's the type of relationship we both want so we work towards it aspirationally), and does she really want one of those fucking doormat guys who just agrees with whatever she says?
She doesn't. She just has an initial response of rage occasionally when I don't bend to her will on an issue. And she gets her way like half the time on average, the pendulum swings. I can be convinced of points, I try to see things from her perspective and of course I want to make her happy. I just expect to be heard and prioritized as well.
I can be an asshole too and she talks me down from that, the checks and balances aren't one way.
Yeah. Anyway. You can make it work with girls, don't get discouraged.

>> No.12344377

>>12344273
>He's not scared to put me in my place
This is key, though. It's right on the line, but this guy might be based and redpilled

>> No.12344390

>>12343997
I think this is where the story fails. Ted is obviously meant to be seen as this hateable villain with the urge to dominate women - but his entire backstory doesn't have him doing anything all that horrendous. He even feels remorse for the fiasco at the party with Rachel.

In fact, you almost feel sorry for him. He's a spineless, self-hating beta who IS emotionally unavailable, and learns how to use that to his advantage. His opening remarks to the woman (Clara? Can't remember her name) are brutally honest, yet she fucking KILLS HIM because of it

>> No.12344442

>>12344320
this is fine, albeit fairly obvious, advice anon but the evpsych anons are right it may not be sufficient, and it's depressing indeed to think one must choose between themself and a relationship

>> No.12344447

>>12344325
tfw pretty low libido but desire the companionship none the less

>> No.12344452

>>12344336
Damn bro. Felt this post on a personal level.

My gf is similar - knows I love and respect her, but gets frustrated that I don't side with her unilaterally on shit like feminism, climate change, stuff like that. Have had to put my foot down and tell her not to try and change me, and she acquiesces sulkily

It's for sure possible to build a relationship, but maintaining your will in the face of things like that is difficult

We're all gonna make it

>> No.12344457

Wait? They're supposed to want me?

>> No.12344458

>>12341435
>>12341441
Nah.

>> No.12344469

>>12344296
>So many people convinced that only way to have a relationship with a woman is to act as some stoic "dominant male" who's largely objectified in the eyes of women.

But it's true though.

Love doesn't really exist, and every single "functional" relationship is built on both sides having a self-interest in continuing the relationship, and that self-interest is usually built upon 3 things: Status, privilege and money.

A women will never marry a man who makes less money than her, is physically shorter than her, or has a less privileged position in society than her. In fact, that phenomenon is so strong now that the women in my country(Norway) literally recycle the same men(e.g only fuck and have children with very highly educated and rich men, EVEN IF they having children from previous relationships.)

>> No.12344477

>>12344469
EVEN IF they have*

>> No.12344482
File: 80 KB, 637x960, 48382549_10217705651023474_5419908664926404608_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wasn't going to read the entire thing, but this passage caught my eye because I had said something almost identical to this in the same context:
>“I was always honest with you,” Ted said. “Always. I told you what I wanted from this relationship from the very beginning. You could have trusted me, but instead you decided you knew better than I did what I felt. When I said I wanted something casual, you lied and said you wanted the same thing, and then immediately you started doing everything you could to make it something else. When you didn’t manage to make what we had into a serious relationship—the thing you wanted and I didn’t—you got hurt. I see that. But I am not the one who hurt you. You did this, not me. I’m just—just—the tool you’re using to hurt yourself!”
After that I felt the need to read the whole thing, just to see if the author ever gave a reason from the female's perspective why what Ted had said was somehow wrong. That never really came.
Overall the whole thing was boring, though as a massive fucking loser I did heavily relate to a few passages (like the line about skinny legs and concave chest etc or being on the outskirts of a party hating yourself) and Ted's relationship with Rachel was extremely relatable (she was the girl I said the above quoted passage to). However while I'm probably less attractive than Ted I have never pretended to be a nice guy, I've never been an orbiter and frankly I've always thought orbiters (or guys with more female than male friends) were massive faggots. I have occasionally wondered what goes through their heads but I don't really trust a woman to provide that insight.
Overall I think this woman probably has a better grasp of the male psyche than most but it's still rudimentary. Also, Ted going to Hell wasn't very funny or relevant.

>> No.12344483

>>12340918
>doesn’t feel condescending at all

It's vehemently not condescending you're right about that for sure

>> No.12344485

>>12341228
>He also learned a technique for seduction: be close, become sexually unavailable but supportive, and then swoop in when she realizes youre the rare guy who is sexually absent and emotionally present. Its insinuated that he fucks, and also fucks up, a lot of women this way.

That's the best way to not get any. The author hasn't the slightest idea on how seduction works.

>> No.12344486

>>12344310
How bout the part where she "intentionally pushes him over the edge" in arguments or the fact that she doesn't mention a single thing that she does for him except "smother him with affection even when he [doesn't want it]"?

Then again there's this: >>12344377

So maybe the guy isn't such a pussy after all. I wish them the best, but I hope they don't have kids.

>> No.12344495

>>12344336
>>12344452
Christ, the West is screwed. I've never seen men this pathetic.

>> No.12344506

>>12344486
He's literally just a guy who continues to pass her shit tests by not taking her seriously at all. Which is what you have to do I guess.

I mean, she sees the fact that he carries her to bed and tucks her in as cute, instead of extremely condescending and infantilizing, so it's obvious this woman is a completely clueless idiot.

>> No.12344513

>>12344469
But how does one see this and not despair? People who accept your view seem to either become full "redpill" phonies in order to succeed in relationships or become bitter incels who want the system to be turned to their favor. Both of those are equally base and I can't understand being OK with either.

>> No.12344534
File: 643 KB, 662x623, no_interrogative.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12344331
That's what pruning shears are for.

>> No.12344552

>>12344513
By not putting the pussy on a pedestal and actually believing that. Not being a hypocrite by making that your mantra and then chasing after women anyway.

Sexual relationships are just as material as anything else. The true path to enlightenment is the abandonment of the material. Everyone knows this, but we remain addicted to the world.

>> No.12344558

>>12344513
>But how does one see this and not despair?

Because there's no guarantee that having those things would actually make me or any other man happy.

The reality is that if you take care of yourself, make good money and learn to spend it on yourself and close friends and family, you don't need some thot. And if you really need to take a load off, you can just buy a fucking prostitute's services.

>> No.12344566

>>12344495
>Communication is pathetic

>> No.12344571

>>12340823
>clam linguine

wowee. what a catch.

>> No.12344578

>>12344571
ikr lmao that was super funny, what a weird signature dish

>> No.12344584

>>12344495
Thanks for sharing, incel, now crawl back to >>>/pol/ with the rest of your inbred friends, the adults are talking

>> No.12344585

>>12344495
duly noted ahmed

>> No.12344589

>>12344566
Agonizing over how your girlfriends don't respect your political beliefs is the part that's pathetic

>> No.12344594

This is a fundamentally shit story because everything about it could be explained away as "yeah, but he was 17". But it's obvious from the narration we're supposed to take the comments about him doing something terrible at face value, and the guy's totally sensible and justifiable attitude in the first scene are supposed to belie a disturbing backstory that makes him culpable somehow for his own murder (because he made her so upset!). But the backstory is, he had a crush on a girl in high school, she was unavailable, so he dates a girl he doesn't like, then he switches when he gets a shot with the crush. That's retarded, the events simply don't sync up with the overwrought narration. Even the stuff he goes through internally isn't that bad, it would be one thing if behind the nice guy facade he wanted to fuck kids or something, but here it's, "he fantasizes about being a housewife to her and he can only get erections by imagining his dick is a knife." lmao, it's telling that the only way to make a womanizer unsympathetic is to make him effeminate or psychotic. A guy not wanting a serious relationship, being honest about it and fucking a lot of women can only be attacked from the point of saying, he's actually a beta twisted away from his role by a sick past.

>> No.12344596

>>12344495
They're just trying to relate man

>> No.12344601

>>12344589
The whole point is that she does respect my views, you don't have to be a romance novel pantex commercial perfect boyfriend just talk some sense into her and don't freak out as soon as she has an immature response

>> No.12344612

>>12344601
Your problem is caring she had an immature response
Who fucking cares lmao it's a woman

>> No.12344618

>>12344612
I'm heterosexual. Thought that was clear from my story.

>> No.12344633

>>12340745
The point is cheap, but there's some definite consonance with one of the Last Psychiatrist's essays.

https://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2013/09/real_men_want_to_drink_guinnes.html

>> No.12344641

>>12344633
I really like TLP.
Go check out "hotel concierge" on tumblr.

>> No.12344642

>>12343411
Modern hunter-gatherers are mostly monogamous, sometimes serially, with some big men having a couple wives. As for ancient hunter-gatherers we have limited clue. They may have have been mostly monogamous since the glut in the number of men reproducing that suddenly appeared with the neolithic revolution wasn't there then.

>> No.12344647

>>12344618
>You need to care about women to fuck them
Sure fag

>> No.12344656

>>12342046
>What women want when they talk about a man in touch with his emotions, is a person who can talk about his feelings and deal with them with other methods than isolation and sulking
No, it doesn't matter. They want you to express your feelings but if those feelings include vulnerability then its OUT.

>> No.12344657

lol why doesn't this bitch just exercise basic self-control instead of constructing a human effigy to send to eternal damnation to pay for the sin of not marrying a shallow hateful whore

>> No.12344671

>>12344647
In a heterosexual relationship

>> No.12344674

>>12344656
Women don't actually want you to express your feelings. This is just a trap.

What women really want is a rock that can't be moved or phased by their alcohol and non-alcohol induced histrionics.

>> No.12344693

>>12344513
It only leads to despair if you think you cannot live without women.

>> No.12344701

>>12340745
Women and the sullen mystery meats of the grievance caste will never write anything interesting until they learn to hate themselves

Beyond hating themselves for their personal failings, they need to learn to hate themselves specifically for their womanliness, or their blackness, or their queerness etc

So long as they write "affirmative" and celebratory stories about how great and clever and strong they and their chosen identity group are, they will never produce anything of nuance or psychological depth. No woman will ever write a Dubliners or Ulysses because no woman hates women as much as James Joyce hated the Irish. No woman will ever write The Metamorphosis because no woman hates herself as much Kafka hated himself and his Jewishness.

Their art will always be ruined by their unjustified and unquestioned moral arrogance and, frankly, extreme stupidity. I feel embarrassed for them at this point. Literary culture has become a club of crotch warriors and whiny brown people high-fiving themselves for being obnoxious and resentful and mediocre. This woman went to Harvard and she produces dog shit. T.S. Eliot went to Harvard a hundred years ago and he produced some of the most interesting and exciting literature of the century

These people are not just stupid, they are dangerous and evil. I believe there is something seriously wrong with them

>> No.12344703

>>12344657
This is the smartest post in the thread and it's one sentence.

>> No.12344716

>>12344701
They are a symptom of the decadence of the West tbqh.

You know a culture is nearing its end-point in history when it produces more parasitical people and producers of mediocre ideology than it produces grains of wheat.

>> No.12344722

>>12344693
This is reductionist view. One can accept that they can "live without a woman" and yet be saddened that they cannot have the relationship they desire.

>> No.12344736

wow some of you have really shitty views on women

>> No.12344744

>>12344722
Sadness is not as bad as despair though.

>> No.12344745

>>12343473
Well, you seem cool to me.

>> No.12344755

>>12344701
I don't understand how you see the depth of self-loathing, but don't see why it's completely absent in your shallow idea of women.

>> No.12344765

>>12344641
Hotel Concierge is pretty great. His take on Cat People seems relevant here as well.

>> No.12344771

>>12341386
im confused what you mean by this. could you expand how natural selection could govern sexual behavior at the species level, yet the sexual behavior of an individual could operate outside the natural selection paradigm?

>> No.12344801

>>12344744
Why wouldn't you despair? I'd say most "normal", reasonably intelligent men strongly desire a loving relationship and likely a family of their own, being told "lmao not for you buddy" is going to hurt deeply.

>> No.12344815

>>12344736
>wow some of you have really shitty views on women
>4chan.org

>> No.12344848

>>12344765
got a link? the tumblr seems to be deleted

>> No.12344879

>>12344801
Then let it hurt you and instead of letting it stop you make an effort to be more desirable.

>> No.12344900

>>12344879
Why would anyone want to become more desirable to women in an age where women are completely fucking insane?

I mean, the story Cat Person wrote alone should be evidence enough of her completely annihilated personality.

>> No.12344905

>>12344848
https://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/173526578129/shame-society

>> No.12344906

>>12344900
If you don't want then what's the point of whining about it man?

>> No.12344907

>>12344900
can you jerk yourself off somewhere else? its prob not the fault of every woman ever that no-one wants to fuck you

>> No.12344922

>>12344879
You're not getting the point. Why would one want a relationship that exists purely because of one's money or status or whatever? People should not despair because >tfw no gf, they should despair because (according to you people), the gf they want _does not exist_.

>> No.12344923

>>12344900
How many women do you hang out with?
I'd say the ratio of complete fucking psychos is about equal with dudes. Higher then it's been in the past but there's still some normal chill folks out there, it just takes some effort to sift through the silt for them.
It's like everything else these days, most of it is fake and shitty but anyone complaining just hasn't realized the value of wading through it all in search of the good good.

>> No.12344928

>>12344906
The point is that saying "heh, just get more desirable kid" is not an argument.

It's the male equivalent of telling a woman with small breasts to use 20000 dollars on breast augmentation.

>> No.12344939

>>12344928
Okay, then just whine about it man.

>> No.12344945

>>12344923
>How many women do you hang out with?

Enough women to know that they want what only 0.001% of men have, and when they don't get it they're going to spend their 40s, 50s and 60s producing anti-male ideology in the media while stinking of cat piss.

>> No.12344956

>>12344945
so, 0

>> No.12344981

>>12344905
what the fuck, i went to that url and got directed to the tumblr homepage

anyway thanks man!

>> No.12344982

>>12341147
>not a bad description of male sexuality
what kind of awful narcissist are you?

>> No.12344983

>>12344956
pure cope

>> No.12344990

>>12344983
So you say.

>> No.12344994

>>12344981
it's the first article on the hotel concierge archive if you need to find it through google. Buena suerte

>> No.12345028

>>12344657
Because she's a woman.

>> No.12345045

>>12340745
>260 replies on a high school tier essay by a bitter chubster
What gives, guys?

>> No.12345056

>>12345045
Because it's kind of interesting to peer into the abyss of a 30+ year old woman who doesn't understand why men don't want to marry and have her kids when she has probably fucked 500 men the last 10 years.

>> No.12345064

>>12345045
This is the world we're living in anon. Where a woman writing about how men who don't want her are evil in the style of a blog is considered serious literature.
May as well take a good hard look at it.

>> No.12345084
File: 7 KB, 259x194, 1542410718328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you are probably going to die a virgin but are indifferent to sex
>tfw not even asexual, just apathetic to the whole idea

>> No.12345094
File: 33 KB, 600x600, Roupenian, Kristen_0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12345056
>>12345064
It's just surreal that someone looking like the female version of nintendoboy is holding themselves in such high regard.

>> No.12345108

>>12344701
I don't think you've read a single book by a black author since even the entry-level ones (Morrison, Baldwin) contend with their race

>> No.12345114

fuck it, i'm gonna load up on weed and coffee and write the chad perspective

>> No.12345123

>>12344701
>Joyce hated the Irish
you fuckin moron. also no kidding some random reader's digest bitch isn't as good as TS Eliot, you think every cunt that went to Harvard was an epoch-defining genius in their field?

>> No.12345127

>>12345084
teach me your ways

>> No.12345129
File: 7 KB, 249x243, 1536178287763.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12345094
Jesus

>> No.12345132

>>12345094
she looks pretty standard desu. could do with a different haircut

>> No.12345142

>>12345132
I knew someone is going to be the contrarian and say she's cute

>> No.12345155

>>12345142
I didn't say she was cute (she's not), but she's not a total uggo. You're exaggerating because you don't like her.

>> No.12345180

>>12345155
I didnt say she was an uggo, i'd say she's a solid 4 or 5, but imagine the reaction to a male 4 or 5 writing stories about women in the way she does about men. They'd bury him under incel/virgin comments.

>> No.12345209

>>12345127
I honestly have no idea how it happened. There was no traumatic event and while I was resentful for not having a girlfriend during my teens, I've never hated women because of it. I chased after a few girls that I thought that I liked, but after a while I either lost interest or found out they were dating someone and got over it in less than a day. I consider that I might have even tried to convince myself to like them just so that I could have a girlfriend since "that's what normal people are into, right?". I gave up on it and ever since there hasn't been a single girl or guy who has caught my eye.
It's so strange; I think this might have some sort of mental defect that makes me incapable of love. I know it's not asexuality as I masturbate daily, more often than not, out of boredom rather than desire. I believe I walked myself into voluntary celibacy without realizing it and without apparent cause.
It's rather peaceful, to be honest.

>> No.12345234

>>12345209
I can somewhat relate desu. I haven't been very interested in anyone ever since I crashed and burned with my oneitis. If I found an interest in someone I think I'd still pursue them, but it just hasn't happened. Sometimes I get pretty desperate for sex but jerking it is usually enough to get rid of that desire. I still kind of wish I knew what it was like though, maybe I should hire a prostitute.

>> No.12345238

>>12342046
>sexuality and narcissism

"narcissism" is a wooly psychiatry term. Please define what you mean here.

The reason romantic love is so profound is because it appeals to our egos. I love you, unconditionally and you love me, unconditionally. It would be cold hearted and reductionist to call this "narcissism".

>> No.12345241

>>12345209
>this might have some sort of mental defect that makes me incapable of love

It's called growing up lad.

>> No.12345247

>>12345238
This really doesn't account for the notion of unrequited love

>> No.12345257

>>12345238
The reason romantic love is profound is because it makes you forget that reality actually mostly consists of working, washing clothes, eating and taking a shit.

>> No.12345286

>>12345114
Godspeed anon, post here when you're done

>> No.12345345

>>12345247
I want to say it does account for unrequited love for the following reasons: personally when I had an unrequited love in school, I never spoke to her. I could imagine multiple fictitious scenarios where I loved her and she in turn loved me. So your ego is still being pandered to, it's just that the subject of your desire which also desires you is imaginary.

admittedly I can't speak in the scenario of an unrequited love where you are rejected by your lover but still harbour emotions. From what I know of other people's experiences there's a great deal of pain involved. Any simultaneous longing with that pain probably stems from still imagining a potential reality where both of you love eachother.

>> No.12345353

This story reminds me of times when someone says my point, almost word for word, and still insists that they don't agree with me. A pretty frightening look at post-wall female sexuality coming straight from a post-wall female's mouth.

>> No.12345355

>>12345345
I think the idea of love completely goes against the ego and that's what makes it poignant.

>> No.12345393

>>12344254
Here's the thing though,
>Ted is a 5/10 banging 8's and 9's

No, he isn't. He's probably more like a 7-8/10 banging 6-8s. The problem is that the author (like basically everybody) automatically assigns higher perceived value to women than to men. The idea that a clean but not exceptional 30ish guy with a nondescript job and decent game is somehow "objectively" not as good as his gender-swapped facsimile plus two inches to the point that said facsimile is justified in murdering him for breaking up with her is obviously nuts but that's how most people think.

>> No.12345413
File: 151 KB, 1024x662, 12xp-catperson-jumbo-v3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12345393
>The problem is that the author (like basically everybody) automatically assigns higher perceived value to women than to men
This

>> No.12345447

>>12345393
Did she really justify the murder though? Not in the text. I think we need to separate out adult ted and young ted. Young Ted has harm done to him by naive people with power, adult Ted is a naive party with power and does harm unknowingly.
The snap with the murder is kind of unnecessary to me. Could have just been two vignettes, I think it probably was originally but some workshop group member probably said she needed a way to connect them.

>> No.12345462

I don't get Cat Person and I say this as a guy /pol/ would not hesitate to throw out of a helicopter.

>> No.12345480

This thread is ultimate resentiment

>> No.12345494

>>12345447
She obviously thinks Ted is a piece of shit (seeing as how he's going to Hell, and I assume it's not because he didn't accept Jesus Christ as his savior). I'm not going to hunt through the text for quotes, but it's very clear that Ted is a worse person in the story than the unstable, obsessive Anna or the chick who lethally assaults him for daring not to reciprocate her feelings.

>>12345413
FWIW, the author self-insert is clearly Rachel: a dowdy Jewess who leaves behind LOSERS like TED and then has a FULFILLING CAREER as a DOCTOR with TONS OF KIDS. If Ted has just seen how GOOD he had it with her...

>> No.12345523
File: 545 KB, 664x498, ff398417bff86bc0bb4a5d7949e56f4d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12345413
She looks like Saabkyle04's twin sister

>> No.12345584

>>12345114
You better follow through you bastard.

>> No.12345597

>>12345494
>FWIW, the author self-insert is clearly Rachel: a dowdy Jewess who leaves behind LOSERS like TED and then has a FULFILLING CAREER as a DOCTOR with TONS OF KIDS. If Ted has just seen how GOOD he had it with her...
This is the most likely explanation.

>> No.12345600

How did women get such delusional standards? Is it the economic hardship? Women always have a hard time with decreasing living standards, being that the number one thing they want is a controlled enviroment. Is it the media? Are women so easily coded? Surely they know the economy is organized against the majority of society, seems bizarre to ignore that reality and blame the individuals. Big difference between being a loser because you suck as a person, and the hand your given being rigged from the start.

I want a relationship, but women have just made themselves so insufferable and unpleasant. Maybe I should try older women, i'm 28 so maybe late thirties to mid forties?

>> No.12345629

>>12341711

Underrated

>> No.12345640

>>12345600
>Maybe I should try older women, i'm 28 so maybe late thirties to mid forties?
do it dude. incels will bitch about >muh wall and that chicks should start pumping out kids at fourteen or some nerd shit, but truth is that women don't get tolerable until after thirty. older lovers are amazing

>> No.12345718

>>12345640
Think im going to, 35+.

Do you have experience doing it? Know the best dating sites/apps? I know places in the world to find them but I want to cover as much ground as possible.

>> No.12345798

>I would die for you, Ted thought. “No problemo,” Ted said.

>> No.12345805

>>12340823
>>12343140
It's focalized through the insecure Ted.

>> No.12345948

>This shit generates more discussion than any actually classic book
>most of the posters probably didn't even read the story

>> No.12345957

>>12345948
I can tell you don't browse /lit/ solely from the content of your horrendous post

>> No.12345962

>>12345957
>t. newfriend or delusional pseud

>> No.12345989

>>12345600
>How did women get such delusional standards?
Unironically marketing. Lookup Edward Bernays' "freedom torch" campaign.

>> No.12345993

>>12345805
Ted wouldn’t give a fuck about any of those things which is what makes it funny.

>> No.12346002

>Also, his crotch was really, really cold. In fact, as the ice water soaked through his pants, his dick started to hurt even more than his head did. Maybe there should be a legal limit on how cold restaurant water could be, the way there was a limit on how hot coffee could be at McDonald’s. Maybe his dick would get frostbite and shrivel up and fall off, and then everyone he’d ever dated would come together to throw a party in honor of Angela, the fearless heroine who’d ended his reign of terror over the single women of New York.
his dick is hurting from ice water soaking through his pants?

>> No.12346014

>Listen, listen. I can explain. There’s a bad Ted underneath the good Ted, yes, but then, under that, there’s a Ted who’s good for real. But no one ever sees him; his whole life, no one ever has. Underneath it all, I’m just that kid who wanted nothing more than to be loved and didn’t know how to make it happen, even though I tried and tried and tried.

Why do women get so much satisfaction from condemning "nice guys"? I'm serious, I'm not trying to bait.

>> No.12346051

>>12344064
It basically seems to boil down to this. Men care more about looks, in the sense that they need a woman to be at least somewhat attractive in order to basically appeal to them and will consider highly attractive woman to be much more desirable, but then also find a wider range of women attractive than woman do for men. Women are attracted to a smaller portion of men, but don't value looks as much compared to other things that relate to social status.

This is why the opening section of the story is so telling of who wrote it. Men don't see woman who are tall and have money as being 'out of their league' in the sense that this makes them more worthy to a man, it's perceived instead as an obstacle to them because of how it changes the woman's perception of herself, not because men typically give a shit or go out of their way to pursue tall women unless they have a 'fetish' for this.

>> No.12346070

>>12346014
Because the real "nice guy" (meaning the guy who acts nice to women then spergs out and calls them sluts when they reject him) is a more topical example of misogyny than some guy who runs around groping people and smoking cigars with the boys. Of course the online discourse has degraded the point where merely being sad about rejection makes you a "nice guy" and worthy of scorn. It's all just virtue signaling, especially now that the incels have become a not-insignificant presence.

>> No.12346072

>>12346051
YASSSS

>> No.12346077

>>12346070
>”the real nice guy”
A myth on the level of fat girls claiming they’re getting catcalled on Humans of _insert city here_. Meaning, it exists but so sparingly that one should question their obsession with him.

>> No.12346086

>>12346070
most nice guys don’t do that, they’re by definition meek betas who quietly resign themselves to eternal longing and ressentiment displaced deep into their being and dishonestly counteracted with comfortable platonic relations with the object of their affection. The idea most nice guys are Sam Kriss sex pests and whiny entitled faggots is retarded, all experience defies this. The nice guys i was forced into close contact with through girls i was interested in and their extended friend group of orbiters and gf’s were all eunachs and never made the slightest attempt to exact justice for their frustrations. Its fucking nonsense and giving it the slightest bit of creedence is pathetic. There are faggots who are even lower than this that do sperg and moan about being tricked by women but they’re looked down upon by almost everyone including aggressive chauvinists and ressentiment filled omega incels.

>> No.12346097

>>12346070
>some guy who runs around groping people and smoking cigars with the boys
based chad living it up and letting nice guys take the heat

>> No.12346113

>>12346077
Of course, but it's always going to be easier to obsess over a handful of weirdos than working on more abstract issues.

>>12346086
Exactly, most people who are now labeled as "nice guys" are just awkward. It honestly worries me they're receiving the scorn they are, it's just going to lead to more turboincels and no one wants that shit.

>> No.12346118

Are dating and sexuality as much of a Darwinian nightmare as the internet makes it seem? All the couples I know IRL seem to have genuinely loving relationships, but people of both sexes discussing the topic online seem like terrible people with no empathy

t. virgin

>> No.12346130

>>12346118
People who actively use the internet to talk about idpol are typically awful. It's not really, you'd have to be a gigantic posturing pseud to even meet the girls who believe and read this sort of tripe anyways.

>> No.12346149

>>12346118
I really wonder if my fairly sheltered upper-middle class upbringing has fucked my perception of the world. I know what you mean anon, I know two couples and am friends with both people in one and the girl in the other. All are reasonable, sane people who deeply care for their partner and don't treat them as some status object. Both of the girls are pretty and smart and neither of the guys are anyone you would label as a "chad". Admittedly the few times I've left my bubble people do seem to have acted more like anons are describing itt. Makes me worried desu, I don't think I can hack it in that world.

>> No.12346283

>>12345480
the article is ultimate resentment

>> No.12346398

>>12343997
how are you all misreading the story this badly. it's not a morality tale. the author doesn't hate Ted and doesn't expect you to. the ending is ironic.

>> No.12346416

>>12343896
It only seems this way because women are so much more ruthless in judging looks (and every other criteria for selecting a partner) that they inevitably consider themselves to be "settling" even when both partners are average. By the same token, a man may look at an average couple and think the woman is settling too, because he's so much less selective when it comes to looks, that he'll consider an average/below average woman to be better than she is.

>> No.12346533

>“Tell me more about Kathleen,” he said when Anna seemed to be running out of story. Kathleen was Anna’s stepmother. He began playing with his dick—tapping it with his fingertips, flicking it on the shaft. “Do you think your dad will stand up to her, or will he take her side?”

>tapping it with his fingertips, flicking it on the shaft
lmao.

>> No.12346568

>>12346398
I'm the person you replied to but I actually decided the same thing as you said after stopping posting and actually thinking about it for a second.
I just got so caught up in the conversation here I guess.

>> No.12347273

>>12346149
Yeah, it's your milieu. Basically the UMC is one of the few remnants of functional family/marriage relations, in fact I believe that is one of its defining characteristics. There are others but they are highly "countercultural" through self-imposed isolation and/or religious fundamentalists. I'm UMC myself but my job puts me in contact with different strata of society on a fairly intimate basis and brother, shit's fucked. The BEST most people can expect in the long run now is a sort of transient laissez-faire sexual/relationship market where e.g. you're married (more or less) to your second or third woman with her kids from her previous marriage(s) and you've got visitation to your own babymama's kids etc, with no violence and minimum hard feelings, and massive intermediation by the state.

The UMC "bubble" won't last, by the way. It's purely the result of cultural inertia, and aside from same solvents that wrecked family structure among lower classes being at work, they have other problems mostly rooted in a lack of identity.

Also, UMC "slow life history" is exceeding the limits of human biology, although I think cultural factors will do them in first. I suspect this underlies a lot of transhumanist fantasies.

>> No.12347409

are women allowed to pretend to understand the male psyche now?
I’ll bet the author of this glorified tumblr post believes men have nothing to say about abortion because they can’t understand the female experience.

>> No.12347516

>>12344469
>A women will never marry a man who makes less money than her, is physically shorter than her, or has a less privileged position in society than her.
Rarely, not never. A woman would marry a lower status man if he's very attractive. Or a shorter man if he's very high status